Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide!

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 22 of 41
Author
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9897
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/23 11:25:46 (permalink)
Meteora23

Yo Maniac, i understand most of the stuff you have been posting but i just wanted to clear something up that i had been wondering about

My setup:
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.8 (60c full load)
Asus Sabertooth Z77
16GB Corsair Dominator @ 9-9-9-24 1333 2T
SLI EVGA GTX 670 2GB Ref (Non oc'd atm)
Mushkin Chronos 120GB SF Sata3
Mushkin Chronos 60GB SF Sata3
Windows 7 64
Razer Lycosa
Razer Deathadder
Logitech G35
304.48 Nvidia Drivers

I play with Vsync on because i'm OCD about visual quality, i still get really banging performance, but on certain maps like a 64 man Metro server, it can once in a blue moon dip from 60 to 57

I play on 1920x1080, Everything Ultra, MSAA x4, AA Post Off, Blur Off, HBAO On.

Is there anything you would recommend with my setup, being changed in the NVCP.

Is that normal playing with Vsync on?, It doesn't happen allot, just once in awhile. I've played around with the triple buffering option, And as far as i can tell that option doesn't effect BF3 at all because its a D3D game and not an OpenGL game.

How are you monitoring FPS in game?
What NVCP VSync settings are you using? or are you using the in-game Vsync setting?
As for triple buffereing, leave the Global Tab setting at default, as BF3 does indeed use triple buffering in its profile and will use it when Vsync is enabled.
Open the  BF3 CMD console and you will see the following (default) value.
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1 
To test with it "disabled" simply use the below
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0

For a 600 series card, Use of the Adaptive Vsync setting forced in the NVCP Programs Tab for BF3 would be the preferred method. Triple buffering is set to ON by default in the engine when Vsync is enabled. Leave the Global tab setting at default

Meteora23
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/23 11:35:47 (permalink)
maniacvvv

Meteora23

Yo Maniac, i understand most of the stuff you have been posting but i just wanted to clear something up that i had been wondering about

My setup:
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Windows 7 64
Razer Lycosa
Razer Deathadder
Logitech G35
304.48 Nvidia Drivers

I play with Vsync on because i'm OCD about visual quality, i still get really banging performance, but on certain maps like a 64 man Metro server, it can once in a blue moon dip from 60 to 57

Is that normal playing with Vsync on?, It doesn't happen allot, just once in awhile. I've played around with the triple buffering option, And as far as i can tell that option doesn't effect BF3 at all because its a D3D game and not an OpenGL game.

What NVCP VSync settings are you using? or are you using the in-game Vsync setting?
As for triple buffereing, leave the Global Tab setting at default, as BF3 does indeed use triple buffering in its profile and will use it when Vsync is enabled.

For a 600 series card, Use of the Adaptive Vsync setting forced in the NVCP Programs Tab for BF3 would be the preferred method. Triple buffering is set to ON by default in the engine when Vsync is enabled. Leave the Global tab setting at default

I use EVGA Precision X 3.03, and the only things i have displaying are my FPS GPU Temp and Usage

NVCP is set to use 3d application setting, triple buffering is set to global off,

In BF3 i have Vsync on, i also have a user.cfg file created with some setting like Gametime.Maxvariablefps set at 60 vs the default of 200. I thought only OpenGL games took advantage of Triple Buffering?. Was wondering about that. I have it set in the user.cfg file to enable just to make sure it stays on.

Was just more or less wondering if having it dip 3 fps once in awhile is normal. it never goes below that ever

Should i force Triple Buffering on, inside of the NVCP, vs its default displayed in this picture?, or just leave it as default (Off), and let the BF3 engine handle Triple Buffering options.

post edited by Meteora23 - 2012/07/23 11:45:19
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/23 12:38:25 (permalink)
Meteora23

maniacvvv

Meteora23

My setup:
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Windows 7 64
Razer Lycosa
Razer Deathadder
Logitech G35
304.48 Nvidia Drivers

I use EVGA Precision X 3.03, and the only things i have displaying are my FPS GPU Temp and Usage

NVCP is set to use 3d application setting, triple buffering is set to global off,

In BF3 i have Vsync on, i also have a user.cfg file created with some setting like Gametime.Maxvariablefps set at 60 vs the default of 200. I thought only OpenGL games took advantage of Triple Buffering?. Was wondering about that. I have it set in the user.cfg file to enable just to make sure it stays on.

Was just more or less wondering if having it dip 3 fps once in awhile is normal. it never goes below that ever

Should i force Triple Buffering on, inside of the NVCP, vs its default displayed in this picture?, or just leave it as default (Off), and let the BF3 engine handle Triple Buffering options.

Leave it at default. Sounds like its running well for you as setup.
*A single 670 should not be expected to hold above 60fps at all times in BF3, on B2K maps and in certain situations its going to drop down below that level.

Meteora23
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/23 12:46:36 (permalink)
Cool, thnx. Yeah everything seems to be running fine for me, running 2 670's the drop is very very rare, I think it happens in Metro because of the explosions going off every 3 seconds lol , I'll just leave the settings like i have them in that picture then, and let BF3 handle the buffering option. Thnx for the help!
post edited by Meteora23 - 2012/07/23 12:50:27
Meteora23
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/24 12:12:50 (permalink)
Wow, there's a pretty big performance boost using adaptive vs the regular.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/24 18:26:42 (permalink)
Meteora23

Wow, there's a pretty big performance boost using adaptive vs the regular.

"For a 600 series card, Use of the Adaptive Vsync setting forced in the NVCP Programs Tab for BF3 would be the preferred method."

Yep

dubiousd
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/26 14:19:14 (permalink)
maniacvvv 
Welcome to the EVGA forums 
Sounds like your in-game settings are good, given the framerates you posted. You issue with input stuttering is NOT a Vram or graphics problem, its related to how the game processes inputs and how the device inputs (keyboard, mouse and in your case an extra gamepad) are being polled. 
You havent posted enough hardware information on your config for me to know what might be going on... It could be USB overpolling (too many devices and/or to high of polling rates), could be input device driver conflict issues, could be the frames to render ahead setting in the NVCP (try using the default "use the 3d application setting" and it could even be a gamepad "pot" leak... Ect Etc 
Try using the default NVCP setting for frames to render ahead, and then try an unplug any "extra" USB devices like Webcams, USB Hubs, Memory sticks... anything USB thats not needed for BF3, as you may be having bandwith issues. You dont have any USB platter storage drives do you?  
If that does not help, posting more info on you exact hardware (MB model, CPU, RAM, Sound device(s) and what keyboard.. also what drivers are installed for each input device, would really help towards understanding what might be going on. 

Hey Maniacvvv,  I had a chance to try some things.  First off I'll list my usb devices. Logitech Navigator Keyboard(2002), Logitech M500 mouse, Logitech G13, Nvidia 3D vision emittor and an xbox 360 wired gamepad.  No webcam, usb hub or platter storage drives etc.
Using current nvidia beta drivers and removed all mouse acceleration when testing...

- First thing I tried was unplugging all the devices except for the gamepad, mouse and keyboard.  There was no change.
- Then I tried just the mouse and keyboard.  Again no change.- I've also tried various resolutions with various hz settings with no luck.
- I tried the render ahead setting at 0 and 2 in NVCP.
- I even checked my mouse polling rate which is at 125

Without getting into drivers just yet would you need more info about my system then whats in my sig?  Would a DxDiag note be useful to you? I made a short video you can see for yourself.  I play in 5820x1080 res but I made the video in 1920x1080 so I could keep the frames up while I recorded.  The first lap around the parking lot is with gamepad/mouse combo while the second lap is purely gamepad.  What do you think?

post edited by dubiousd - 2012/07/26 14:46:47

i72600@4.5GHz w/ Hyper 212+ | GA P67A-UD7-B3 | EVGA GTX 580SC SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB | Corsair P3 128GB SSD | WD 1T Caviar Black | Corsair 1200AX PSU | HAF 932 | Asus VG236HEx2 & Asus VG236H

dubiousd
  • Total Posts : 18
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/26 14:47:43 (permalink)

Here's the video....

post edited by dubiousd - 2012/07/26 16:37:59

i72600@4.5GHz w/ Hyper 212+ | GA P67A-UD7-B3 | EVGA GTX 580SC SLI | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB | Corsair P3 128GB SSD | WD 1T Caviar Black | Corsair 1200AX PSU | HAF 932 | Asus VG236HEx2 & Asus VG236H

shaneduce
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2017
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/26 15:06:14 (permalink)
TYVM for the guide.
destrekor
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/26 21:39:06 (permalink)
Maniac, apparently I can't send PMs now (recent admin change? I need to have 10 posts...)

Figured I'd throw you another update:

system is currently stock clock speeds, and I am able to play much longer (yesterday I played a full 1000 ticket CQ match - haven't been able to do that in forever). Today I was hopping around servers, some smaller player groups but aiming for 64p full servers... probably playing for somewhere around 30-45 minutes (but with breaks out of game and on battlelog, not really sure how that factors in)... but I suffered another hard-lock. No errors this time (the BCCode 117 errors are few and far between - maybe I hit reset too fast on some occasions after seeing ctrl-alt-del has failed? or the hardlock occurs before a report can be made... not sure on that one).

So... yeah - quite peeved now. 
I thoroughly figured it wasn't actually the OC, but the OC [i.e. extra stress] definitely brings about the actual issue sooner. If I can root out the actual issue, I'm confident my stable OC will be yet again stable in BF3... just that one little thing, and that is I have no idea at this point. 

I'm gonna hop over to sevenforums - they've got some minidump/system debug gurus - and reading their BCCode 117 debugs analyses, I hope they might be able to whip up some save the day magic.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/26 22:34:36 (permalink)
dubiousd

Here's the video....

I think you need to make a choice, either play with a keyboard and mouse -or- play with a gamepad.
The game is not designed to work with "dual" inputs at the same time from (2) devices. Doing so will produce the issues you are having.

The combo most used by gamepad players--> is keyboard and mouse for ground, swap to gamepad for aircraft/driving

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/26 22:39:58 (permalink)
destrekor

Maniac, apparently I can't send PMs now (recent admin change? I need to have 10 posts...)

Figured I'd throw you another update:

system is currently stock clock speeds, and I am able to play much longer (yesterday I played a full 1000 ticket CQ match - haven't been able to do that in forever). Today I was hopping around servers, some smaller player groups but aiming for 64p full servers... probably playing for somewhere around 30-45 minutes (but with breaks out of game and on battlelog, not really sure how that factors in)... but I suffered another hard-lock. No errors this time (the BCCode 117 errors are few and far between - maybe I hit reset too fast on some occasions after seeing ctrl-alt-del has failed? or the hardlock occurs before a report can be made... not sure on that one).

So... yeah - quite peeved now. 
I thoroughly figured it wasn't actually the OC, but the OC [i.e. extra stress] definitely brings about the actual issue sooner. If I can root out the actual issue, I'm confident my stable OC will be yet again stable in BF3... just that one little thing, and that is I have no idea at this point. 

I'm gonna hop over to sevenforums - they've got some minidump/system debug gurus - and reading their BCCode 117 debugs analyses, I hope they might be able to whip up some save the day magic.

With the current patched BF3 and the latest Nvidia drivers, "BSOD" is -not- normal....
If removing the OC has resulted in longer gameplay before problems are seen, then you are certainly on the right track
I would "highly" suggest that you leave the CPU at default speeds and then either loosen the RAM timings and/or drop RAM speeds for further troubleshooting.

Archangel141
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/27 15:12:38 (permalink)
hey maniac 
I want to ask you which settings should I run the game at

My setup ;
ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 
INTEL Core i5-3570K @ 4.2 GHz 
G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-1600Mhz CL9 8GB 
Asus GTX680 DirectCUII TOP 
Windows 7 64 bit
Using 304.79 drivers

My NVCP settings ;

My ingame settings ;

And this is my user.cfg

Also I'm using FXAA Injector
My FPS mostly capped at 60 fps but it drops to 48-50 when in intensive fights (I don't know if it's the world i should use  ) and explosions that's why I set my effects quality to medium . And it feels like I'm not playing at 60 fps , it's not smooth 

Any suggestions ? :)
Thanks

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/27 21:09:37 (permalink)

You have a killer BF3 hardware setup there, but your settings are really killing your performance and quality

-NEVER- use the Nvidia "High Quality" Texture Filter setting for video games, ever.
Once that setting is turned on, it -disables- all the Nvidia/DICE driver optimizations for BF3 and overrides the entire NVCP Global and Program setings tabs.
This setting "High Quality" is only to be used for programs like Maya or AutoCad that support very large textures and are coded to work properly without optimizations.
BF3 does not support, nor does it contain such textures. As such, the Texture Quality setting should be left at "Quality".
BF3 will look much better and run better with the correct setting of "Quality"

Reset your Global tab -completely- to remove the overrides, and just setup your monitor
Then reset your BF3 programs tab (to remove the overrrides) and punch in your adaptive Vsync, and max performance power settings.

*Note: you should also set "Motion Blur" to OFF in the in-game settings panel, if you are going to have the slider set to zero. Having it "on" put not using it is costing you performance...

You will find that BF3 runs much much smoother, and with such great hardware you should test without the Vsync as well (after you correct your settings), you will find the gameplay outstanding at the 100fps+ levels your setup can run bro 
post edited by maniacvvv - 2012/07/27 21:13:32

Archangel141
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/28 04:44:18 (permalink)
maniacvvv

You have a killer BF3 hardware setup there, but your settings are really killing your performance and quality

-NEVER- use the Nvidia "High Quality" Texture Filter setting for video games, ever.
Once that setting is turned on, it -disables- all the Nvidia/DICE driver optimizations for BF3 and overrides the entire NVCP Global and Program setings tabs.
This setting "High Quality" is only to be used for programs like Maya or AutoCad that support very large textures and are coded to work properly without optimizations.
BF3 does not support, nor does it contain such textures. As such, the Texture Quality setting should be left at "Quality".

Reset your Global tab -completely- to remove the overrides, and just setup your monitor
Then reset your BF3 programs tab (to remove the overrrides) and punch in your adaptive Vsync, and max performance power settings.

*Note: you should also set "Motion Blur" to OFF in the in-game settings panel, if you are going to have the slider set to zero. Having it "on" put not using it is costing you performance...

You will find that BF3 runs much much smoother, and with such great hardware you should test without the Vsync as well (after you correct your settings), you will find the gameplay outstanding at the 100fps+ levels your setup can run bro 

Thanks for the tips 
So I reset my all NVCP settings and now only my power management mode set to prefer maximum performance
I also set my Motion Blur to off
Tried without adaptive vsync and it feels much smoother now 
FXAA Injector seems to eat my performance a lot . Actually I'm using it just for the colors and to get rid of the blue filter 
FPS drops to 75 even on empty server on Caspian Border

Also what about my user.cfg should I keep it that way or I should change anything in it ? (deleted the fps limiter command in it)
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/28 07:35:48 (permalink)
Archangel141

maniacvvv

Thanks for the tips 
So I reset my all NVCP settings and now only my power management mode set to prefer maximum performance
I also set my Motion Blur to off
Tried without adaptive vsync and it feels much smoother now 
FXAA Injector seems to eat my performance a lot . Actually I'm using it just for the colors and to get rid of the blue filter 
FPS drops to 75 even on empty server on Caspian Border

Also what about my user.cfg should I keep it that way or I should change anything in it ? (deleted the fps limiter command in it)

I would change your BF3.cfg back to defaults, thats probably whats causing the FXAA performance issues.
Remember, use of FXAA (on your hardware) should -not- cause any noticeable FPS/Performance decreases....

Reset your BF3 config file and try running a map without the FXAA injector. This will rebuild the settings/shaders.
-After- thats done, you can restart the game (*restart required) and re-enable the FXAA injector and it should perform correctly  

Archangel141
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/28 16:14:18 (permalink)
Thanks again 
Now I can get 75-150 fps depending on maps and situations but still I can't get the smoothness I want
It seems like I'm lagging when playing the game but I know it's not a lag . It might be my monitor.I'm using AOC E2243w (yes I know it's a shame for my setup )
So vsync or adaptive vsync is a must for me I think ? :/ 
Also does vsync / adaptive vsync impacts my gameplay ? It seems like I'm getting better scores when I'm not using sync or is it just a obsession 
And what do you suggest adaptive vsync , ingame vsync or vsync on nvcp
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/28 20:27:16 (permalink)
Archangel141

Thanks again 
Now I can get 75-150 fps depending on maps and situations but still I can't get the smoothness I want
It seems like I'm lagging when playing the game but I know it's not a lag . It might be my monitor.I'm using AOC E2243w (yes I know it's a shame for my setup )
So vsync or adaptive vsync is a must for me I think ? :/ 
Also does vsync / adaptive vsync impacts my gameplay ? It seems like I'm getting better scores when I'm not using sync or is it just a obsession 
And what do you suggest adaptive vsync , ingame vsync or vsync on nvcp

Personally I never use Vsync. I didnt pay all this money for great hardware to run at 60fps....
I run BF3 without any Vsync and I roll over people with my framerates, and that -is- what I paid for
BF3 plays best running above 100fps, anyone who says different just wishes they could run that well....
*running higher framerates than your opponent, gives you an clear advantage. 

If you just "have" to use Vsyc, I would either use the frame limmiter at 75fps -or- Adaptive Vsync in the NVCP programs tab for BF3

*Note, you have been messing with the FOV of the game. This will cause frame lag that will make the game feel "sticky". You should reset Horz and Vert FOV to defaults and test if this is happening to you
post edited by maniacvvv - 2012/07/28 20:30:26

WuShu
  • Total Posts : 38
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/28 21:47:51 (permalink)
I sometimes get random crashes with my EVGA 570 GTX in BF3. I'm not sure what it is, but I go whitescreen and it says that my "display driver stopped working." Does anyone else get that?

I've tried updating drivers, but still have this problem. I've had this issue since beta actually, it's annoying. lol

Obutto Ozone cockpit, AMD Phenom II 3.0Ghz, EVGA 570 GTX
Gigabyte MA790-UD4P, 8 GIG Corsair DDR2 800 :(
FltMed
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/30 15:36:55 (permalink)
Ok, when you have a problem one should consult the expert. Here goes:

Here is my setup:
AMD FX8150 @ 3.6gHz (4.2gHz turbo, no OC)
EVGA GTX670 FTW 2gb x2 in SLI
Samsung SyncMaster S27B550 27" x3
Intel SSD 80gb (OS drive) and WD 500gb HDD (storage)
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 (F9 bios newest non-beta)
Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 1866mHz (8gb total: I have 8gb more, but when installed the mobo only recognizes it as 10333)
ThermalTake TruPower 850watt power supply

The problem:
I have "Span displays with Surround" enabled with 5760x1080 as native resolution. When I load BF3, the FPS are probably <10. Mouse movement is sluggish. Menu movement is sluggish. I have set the in game resolution as above and saved it. Game then locks up requiring a hard reset. I have tried starting at 3072x1080 with graphic settings at low only to get the same lockup. The game will not run for me on multiple monitors. Single screen 1980x1020, SLI, max settings gets me FPS < 70 and amazing graphics. The monitors only have VGA or HDMI inputs, so I have them connected DVI-HDMI in the NVIDIA recommended 2 out of the primary card and 1 out of the secondary card.

Other thoughts:
I typically play several other games:
1. Star Trek Online. Runs windowed 5760x1080 with > 50fps on max settings however, side monitors are stretched looking. Running non-windowed results in terrible FPS<15 and stuttering. Pretty sure game doesn't support SLI.
2. Sniper Elite V2. Excellent FPS and graphics at max settings when in single monitor SLI. Won't run on spanned display.
3. BF3, see problems above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 1st time using NVIDIA after years of ATI/AMD so I probably have something wrong. Hate to thing I have >$850 of video cards and they won't do what I want them to.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/30 22:25:42 (permalink)
FltMed

Ok, when you have a problem one should consult the expert. Here goes:

Here is my setup:
AMD FX8150 @ 3.6gHz (4.2gHz turbo, no OC)
EVGA GTX670 FTW 2gb x2 in SLI
Samsung SyncMaster S27B550 27" x3
Intel SSD 80gb (OS drive) and WD 500gb HDD (storage)
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 (F9 bios newest non-beta)
Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 1866mHz (8gb total: I have 8gb more, but when installed the mobo only recognizes it as 10333)
ThermalTake TruPower 850watt power supply

The problem:
I have "Span displays with Surround" enabled with 5760x1080 as native resolution. When I load BF3, the FPS are probably <10. Mouse movement is sluggish. Menu movement is sluggish. I have set the in game resolution as above and saved it. Game then locks up requiring a hard reset. I have tried starting at 3072x1080 with graphic settings at low only to get the same lockup. The game will not run for me on multiple monitors. Single screen 1980x1020, SLI, max settings gets me FPS < 70 and amazing graphics. The monitors only have VGA or HDMI inputs, so I have them connected DVI-HDMI in the NVIDIA recommended 2 out of the primary card and 1 out of the secondary card.

Other thoughts:
I typically play several other games:
1. Star Trek Online. Runs windowed 5760x1080 with > 50fps on max settings however, side monitors are stretched looking. Running non-windowed results in terrible FPS<15 and stuttering. Pretty sure game doesn't support SLI.
2. Sniper Elite V2. Excellent FPS and graphics at max settings when in single monitor SLI. Won't run on spanned display.
3. BF3, see problems above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 1st time using NVIDIA after years of ATI/AMD so I probably have something wrong. Hate to thing I have >$850 of video cards and they won't do what I want them to.

First off what Nvidia driver are you currently running?
Next, what -exact- changes form defaults have you made in the NVCP "global" -and- BF3 "program" Tabs?
Next what -exact- BF3 in-game settings are you using? What FOV numbers are you using? 

Lets see what you answer to the above questions, then we will know better whats going on

FltMed
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/30 23:14:23 (permalink)
I certainly appreciate it!
Using driver version 304.48 currently. Tried 301.42 as well, both clean installs following the guide.
Changes:
From Global Defaults: none set on default
BF3 in NVCP program settings: none set on default
In Game:
Resolution: 5760x1080, FOV 70.
Video settings set to low gets me 5 fps (per in-game render display command) for about 1-2 minutes on an empty multiplayer map, then game locks up. Have never been given or found an error code. Same thing in Campaign mode.

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/30 23:22:34 (permalink)
FltMed

I certainly appreciate it!
Using driver version 304.48 currently. Tried 301.42 as well, both clean installs following the guide.
Changes:
From Global Defaults: none set on default
BF3 in NVCP program settings: none set on default
In Game:
Resolution: 5760x1080, FOV 70.
Video settings set to low gets me 5 fps (per in-game render display command) for about 1-2 minutes on an empty multiplayer map, then game locks up. Have never been given or found an error code. Same thing in Campaign mode.

Please check your PM's

FltMed
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/31 16:48:14 (permalink)
Reading PM now. Will talk to you in a couple of hours. Still won't let me reply to you in PM.
post edited by FltMed - 2012/07/31 16:51:54
FltMed
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/31 18:12:24 (permalink)
PM me with a good time to get in touch with you on Wednesday evening. Got called into work for an emergency procedure, don't know when I'll get done. Still can't reply in PMs.......
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/07/31 23:10:13 (permalink)
FltMed

PM me with a good time to get in touch with you on Wednesday evening. Got called into work for an emergency procedure, don't know when I'll get done. Still can't reply in PMs.......

Give me a try after about 9pm (PST) if possible, if not just try me anytime and i'll let you know if its a good time or not

walktexranga
  • Total Posts : 9
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/08/02 05:28:49 (permalink)
Hi Maniac,

Great Guide!

I have nearly given up on my 680's (2 of them) GPU usage is around 50% on most maps, some maps especially when low player count gets upto 99% on each..

I would expect 2 x GTX680 to hold 120fps 100% of time on medium detail and I still get 70-80fps drops and its annoying on 120hz!

Is it just the game?

Running latest  304.79 I drivers, any ideas?
TigerDeath
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 226
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/08/02 05:44:40 (permalink)
Is Vertical Sync enabled? Disable it. I had the same problem but with a (single) 670. Frame rates are now well beyond 120, albeit there are some times (high computation explosions + people running around, close quarters mostly) when my framerates drop below 100, but for the most part I'm stable and it looks great!

Rewards Code(copy from here)PI9LWF9DGG

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/GvnrRickPerry
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/08/02 07:54:40 (permalink)
walktexranga

Hi Maniac,

Great Guide!

I have nearly given up on my 680's (2 of them) GPU usage is around 50% on most maps, some maps especially when low player count gets upto 99% on each..

I would expect 2 x GTX680 to hold 120fps 100% of time on medium detail and I still get 70-80fps drops and its annoying on 120hz!

Is it just the game?

Running latest  304.79 I drivers, any ideas?

Please post your system specs for review, along with any changes you might have made in the NVCP...
If you are using Vsync, please post how you have it setup in the NVCP and/or in-game.

adamf4i
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re:Ultimate Battlefield 3 Guide 2012/08/02 10:13:03 (permalink)
subscribing to this thread
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 22 of 41
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile