EVGA

RTX3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming Black| Redlights, Fans 100%, Broken?

Author
DioTheGreek
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/09/28 07:30:07 (permalink)
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help me out. About 2 weeks ago i bought a second hand PC system from a guy who builds PC from older parts and then sells those system. The system i bought:

Componenten:
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K
Koeler: Thermalright Frozen Prism 240mm (Nieuw met garantie!)
Moederbord: MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk DDR4
Geheugen: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 2 x 16GB 3200mt/s cl16
Opslag: Lexar NM790 1TB Gen 4 M.2 SSD (Nieuw met garantie!)
GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming Black
Behuizing: Endorfy Ventum 200 ARGB (Nieuw met garantie!)
Voeding: Deepcool PQ750M 80+ Gold (Nieuw met garantie!)

The seller told me he had replaced the thermal paste 4 weeks before and tested it for 4 weeks.

After i had the PC for like a week and i udef it a lot (including benchmarking) it showed no problems at all. After one day of playing total war warhammer 3 for a few hours the GPU fans suddenly went to 100% and the 3red lights were on. I read that it could have something to do with the power supply.

Things i already have tried:
- windows safe boot
- reinstalling windows
- update motherboard bios
- update GPU bios
- updated all the drivers
- bought a new PSU (850W)
- cables are not daisy chained

Im afraid i have to conclude it isnt a software problem and it isnt a cable or PSU problem. Can i now safely conclude my GPU is broken?

A little more about the gpu turning to this 'error-mode'. It came all of a sudden that day. It wouldnt matter what i did. Restarted the pc 20 times. It would directly go to this mode. However; the next morning if instarted the PC it would remain 'normal' for about 20minutes. And then go to the error mode. Making me think that warmth is soms factor. Maybe there is a faulty micro part in the GPU that leads to this mode when the temperature rises.

Any advices?

2 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 16560
    • Ribbons : 271
    Re: RTX3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming Black| Redlights, Fans 100%, Broken? 2024/09/28 07:57:32 (permalink)
    Unfortunately, Warhammer is a pretty common game to kill these cards.  There are a few other common games.  It may be dead.  If it is dead, it's not really the game's fault, just a sensitive card design that doesn't like certain load fluctuations that some games produce.

Are all the red lights on when this happens?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30755
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: RTX3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming Black| Redlights, Fans 100%, Broken? 2024/09/28 08:24:37 (permalink)
    Congrats on your first post & thread 

Use the GPU serial number to see if it is still under warranty  Warranty Check

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile