OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090

Page: << < ..5152535455 > Showing page 54 of 55
Author
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/24 02:53:06 (permalink)
Their original coating was great, but with the cerakote process I think it could have been done better or what I would have preferred was to stay with their original nickel plating process.  My Kingpin block has been holding up, but I am also concerned about the longevity of the coating adhering to the block itself.  The FTW3 block I absolutely love and if given the change I would buy it again in the original nickel coating.  But moving forward I'm thinking I'm going with EK stuff and away from the Kingpins.  I checked that off the bucket list so I really shouldn't need to try that again in the future.  I am leaning toward trying to get a Galax lab version for my next bucket list build though.  

Honestly I would have paid a little more to get the blocks in the original nickel.  I'm not sure what their reasoning is to move away from something that was widely accepted and was doing great.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/24 06:03:54 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
Their original coating was great, but with the cerakote process I think it could have been done better or what I would have preferred was to stay with their original nickel plating process.  My Kingpin block has been holding up, but I am also concerned about the longevity of the coating adhering to the block itself.  The FTW3 block I absolutely love and if given the change I would buy it again in the original nickel coating.  But moving forward I'm thinking I'm going with EK stuff and away from the Kingpins.  I checked that off the bucket list so I really shouldn't need to try that again in the future.  I am leaning toward trying to get a Galax lab version for my next bucket list build though.  

Honestly I would have paid a little more to get the blocks in the original nickel.  I'm not sure what their reasoning is to move away from something that was widely accepted and was doing great.  

marketing, greed. i'm sure they felt they needed to pull an ace out to fend off the cancellations from the delays. i'm firmly in the never again camp for their gpu blocks. with all the access to software and tooling in the community, i'm thinking we can do better collectively. more to come i guess
Iyatsu
  • Total Posts : 55
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 01:59:25 (permalink)
Some crazy things going on with Optimus if cerecoate is coming off! Because that finish is mainly used for firearms it shouldn’t come off! Sounds like they have a major manufacturing issue.
post edited by Iyatsu - 2022/07/25 02:03:38
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 06:40:44 (permalink)
Iyatsu
Some crazy things going on with Optimus if cerecoate is coming off! Because that finish is mainly used for firearms it shouldn’t come off! Sounds like they have a major manufacturing issue.

i guess firearms aren't exposed to water cooling liquid 24-7, maybe it's the coolant used? idk
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 10:11:24 (permalink)
zippytek
Iyatsu

i guess firearms aren't exposed to water cooling liquid 24-7, maybe it's the coolant used? idk

With the Optimus blocks I've only used EK Cryofuel clear and distilled water with a biocide   If either of those are bad for the finish, then that finish shouldn't be used on water cooling blocks.
post edited by bavor - 2022/07/26 09:21:29
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 10:25:56 (permalink)
Took down my KP HC loop this weekend, ran it 5 months, EK Cryro fuel clear, clean and clear, installed new 3090ti block and reused the coolant.
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 10:38:32 (permalink)
bavor
zippytek
Iyatsu

With the Optimus blocks I've only used EK Cryofuel clear and distilled water with a biocide   If either of those are back for the finish, then that finish shouldn't be used on water cooling blocks.

i'm fully prepared for optimus to blame it on you for whatever coolant you chose, regardless. seems on brand for them, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if the cerakote reacts with coolant of some kind. i wonder if someone else can ask them separately if they have a list of approved coolant products for use with the cerakote finished blocks?
charlesborner
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 286
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 12:18:02 (permalink)
zippytek

i'm fully prepared for optimus to blame it on you for whatever coolant you chose, regardless. seems on brand for them, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if the cerakote reacts with coolant of some kind. i wonder if someone else can ask them separately if they have a list of approved coolant products for use with the cerakote finished blocks?

Why would the cerekote on the OUTSIDE of the block react with the coolant INSIDE the cooling system?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 12:38:20 (permalink)
charlesborner
zippytek

Why would the cerekote on the OUTSIDE of the block react with the coolant INSIDE the cooling system?

That makes absolutely no sense.

The cerekote coating is on the inside of the block as well and in contact with the fluid.
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 16:35:36 (permalink)
This has been a Rough read, knowing I almost threw my hat in here ,  so I have witnessed from afar, and waited and waited and waited with you all , I got a brand new HC kit off eBay for 5$ under msrp. (Seemed insane after watching the scalpers stick it to us) SO I stuck it on and while it improved my temps was no where near beating the pants off the Hybrid, It has been ridiculous to see the lack of customer service you all have received, Having done the EK Ti with the vector2 block has been by far the best experience with temperature outcomes, I hope now that we have some cards that use so much power , EVGA partners with a quality block mfg. so this is not such a big issue, Looks like they might have time with the 40series to do just that since it looks like its getting pushed back, EVGA: the Kingpin has nearly outgrown it's Cooling solution, that's pretty evident. I am a little but worried about what options we are going to have moving forward, as they just keep pouring the coal to these high end cards. The 3090 KPE was not that special, and doubt I will wait for a 4090 KPE just to know there might not be a block either , I think we are in a way different market than we have seen... ever
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/25 17:01:14 (permalink)
I would also hope that EVGA partners with EK like how EK is doing with board designers to have monoblock cooling options for various mobos.  If the Kingpin is supposed to be the "King" then it really should have options to uplift performance that is relative to the pcb design and evga nameplate.  An AIO option on a Top Tier card is not the answer to me.  I forgot who it was but they had a great AIO Kingpin then the pump failed so they had to rma the gpu and got back a dud.  I already told my friend who has his Kingpin still at my house that if the AIO goes bad to convert it to water.  Not sure where he is going to go, but he would only be using this gpu for his son's gaming needs so it's not that bad for him overall.  His Kingpin on AIO was over 15.6k on port royal only on x1 with nothing else while running standard test cpu/ram/mobo.  He did offer to trade it out with my dud, but I couldn't do that even if it would have helped my pc perform better.  

For me, unless there is something from EK or someone else noteworthy for a kingpin block I'm sticking with either the FTW3 or a Strix depending on what blocks are available.  My 1st option would still be the FTW3 version if a block is available from EK.  EVGA's customer service is still way ahead of the others but I do like the Strix with the pcb components and layout they had with the 3090 which was a bit better than the FTW3.  EVGA did get it better in the revised pcb, but it should not have gotten to that point.  

I'm going to make this Kingpin work for me along with my 12900k.  Only thing I'm going to do is move to my new case which is the 1000D Obsidian with 30+ fans and even more cooling capacity.  It's really hot where I live so having increased cooling capacity over what I have now would be nice.  May even have to run 3 D5s just for overkill with the 4 large rads I have waiting for me to find the time to mod the case and then move stuff over.  

On a positive note, I did find the time to install the second kit of DDR5 ram last week.  It was recognized and ran but once I started pushing the pc it would lock up and become unstable.  Had to turn off the XMP and manually clock the ram timings the to factory specified 6000 speeds.  It has been stable since and I was able to run it through multiple games this past week.  Not a game changer, but it's purely for overkill and stupidity.  Maybe I'll take up DCS next so I can make use of the 64gb of ram I now have running.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2367
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/26 07:52:58 (permalink)
kraade
[...] I hope now that we have some cards that use so much power , EVGA partners with a quality block mfg. 
[...] I think we are in a way different market than we have seen... ever

(^I snipped a bit)

I was curious about the Heatkiller V blocks. I couldn't find any posts about them on here, but a lot of their parts are very high quality and I was curious why more people didn't put those blocks on their FTW3 cards. Seems like every motherboard company (other than EVGA) has been going in with EK, so I wondered about a different one and Heatkiller parts came to mind. I'm wondering if it's that they're in EU and EVGA really isn't. EK is as well, but we seem to get those in the US.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/26 09:30:50 (permalink)
kraade
This has been a Rough read, knowing I almost threw my hat in here ,  so I have witnessed from afar, and waited and waited and waited with you all , I got a brand new HC kit off eBay for 5$ under msrp. (Seemed insane after watching the scalpers stick it to us) SO I stuck it on and while it improved my temps was no where near beating the pants off the Hybrid, It has been ridiculous to see the lack of customer service you all have received, Having done the EK Ti with the vector2 block has been by far the best experience with temperature outcomes, I hope now that we have some cards that use so much power , EVGA partners with a quality block mfg. so this is not such a big issue, Looks like they might have time with the 40series to do just that since it looks like its getting pushed back, EVGA: the Kingpin has nearly outgrown it's Cooling solution, that's pretty evident. I am a little but worried about what options we are going to have moving forward, as they just keep pouring the coal to these high end cards. The 3090 KPE was not that special, and doubt I will wait for a 4090 KPE just to know there might not be a block either , I think we are in a way different market than we have seen... ever

Knowing what I know now, I would have stuck with the Hydro Copper coolers and either attached a universal water block to the backplate of the card or made a new backplate that a water block directly mounts to with screws and thermal paste instead of using the Optimus blocks.  It would be just as effective and cost me less time and money.
rblaes_99
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/26 11:47:25 (permalink)
bavor
kraade

Knowing what I know now, I would have stuck with the Hydro Copper coolers and either attached a universal water block to the backplate of the card or made a new backplate that a water block directly mounts to with screws and thermal paste instead of using the Optimus blocks.  It would be just as effective and cost me less time and money.

this.  100% this.

USMC1419
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/26 12:44:19 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
On a positive note, I did find the time to install the second kit of DDR5 ram last week.  It was recognized and ran but once I started pushing the pc it would lock up and become unstable.  Had to turn off the XMP and manually clock the ram timings the to factory specified 6000 speeds.  It has been stable since and I was able to run it through multiple games this past week.  Not a game changer, but it's purely for overkill and stupidity.  Maybe I'll take up DCS next so I can make use of the 64gb of ram I now have running.  

Yes. Do it. I use 40gb of RAM running DCS on the regular. It's actually insane.

12900k @ 5.2 W/Optimus Sig V2
64GB DDR5 @ 5000
RTX 3090 K|NGP|N W/ Optimus WB
EVGA 1200w  Supernova G2
Sammy 980 Pro 2Tb
Predator 27" 1440p G-Sync IPS 165 hz
Resident "wise guy"
ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 03:21:20 (permalink)
I hope EVGA never partners with EK they are worse then Optimus in all aspects. Cryofuel is total crap.

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 09:22:17 (permalink)
Watercool heatkiller V is a nice looking block, just not made for that many cards
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2367
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 09:28:13 (permalink)
kraade
Watercool heatkiller V is a nice looking block, just not made for that many cards

They have a FTW3 series block. It didn't seem like the prices were that far from the competition and I'm just looking at them knowing how good the quality is on some of their other products and I'm wishing EVGA would work with a company like that to produce some really high end HC cards.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 09:38:54 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
kraade

They have a FTW3 series block. It didn't seem like the prices were that far from the competition and I'm just looking at them knowing how good the quality is on some of their other products and I'm wishing EVGA would work with a company like that to produce some really high end HC cards.

I'll second that.  Heatkiller would be a good quality partner, German engineering.  At one time I thought EGVA worked with EK to make blocks, but that, I think, was early on.  No idea who has been making their blocks as of late.  The 3090 Ti FTW3 HC looked like it'd be an interesting new design, but that was DOA.  Remains to be seen if that design will make an appearance in 40-series.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 10:07:36 (permalink)
fragility_V1
B0baganoosh
kraade

I'll second that.  Heatkiller would be a good quality partner, German engineering.  At one time I thought EGVA worked with EK to make blocks, but that, I think, was early on.  No idea who has been making their blocks as of late.  The 3090 Ti FTW3 HC looked like it'd be an interesting new design, but that was DOA.  Remains to be seen if that design will make an appearance in 40-series.

I’d be all over a Heakiller Hydrocopper.
Doesn’t EK make the blocks? I know they do for the Formula MB

fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 11:30:45 (permalink)
ShawnB420
fragility_V1
B0baganoosh
kraade

I’d be all over a Heakiller Hydrocopper.
Doesn’t EK make the blocks? I know they do for the Formula MB

If EK did, they'd slap that EK logo on it like the Formula.  No, someone else has been making the HC blocks.  At one time I thought someone said Asetek made the HC blocks (since they do all the closed loop anyway), but not sure that was confirmed.  May be a safe bet since show the SR3 Dark on a video on their front page:
https://www.asetek.com/

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 12:17:20 (permalink)

I believe EK did make blocks for EVGA a long time ago, but they have since parted ways. To the best of my knowledge, existing HC blocks are designed in-house.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 15:52:58 (permalink)
ShawnB420
I hope EVGA never partners with EK they are worse then Optimus in all aspects. Cryofuel is total crap.

I can't say that I've ever had EKs finish flake off into my coolant and clog up my CPU block within a couple hours of use, unlike my Optimus GPU blocks.
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 15:55:53 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420

I can't say that I've ever had EKs finish flake off into my coolant and clog up my CPU block within a couple hours of use, unlike my Optimus GPU blocks.

Well there was that one time that EK kicked a puppy...
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 22:40:47 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420

EK has had major issues with nickel flaking in the past. At least Optimus owns up to it and replaces the blocks, where as EK did all they could to deny it was them and blamed everything and everyone under the sun. I’ll take Optimus’s CS over EK’s anyway, even if Optimus likes to go MIA at times, they still do the right thing way more then EK ever has or will.

AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 22:49:00 (permalink)
I'm planning to strip my optimus kingpin block's cerakote and get it nickel plated at a shop.
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/27 23:21:21 (permalink)
Atoz, 
That's a pretty good idea.  I might consider doing this since I don't have any other options for the Kingpin.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/28 00:18:46 (permalink)
jasco paint and epoxy remover can remove cerakote. https://youtu.be/0T8BU2-kTNQ
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/28 14:48:27 (permalink)
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420

EK has had major issues with nickel flaking in the past. At least Optimus owns up to it and replaces the blocks, where as EK did all they could to deny it was them and blamed everything and everyone under the sun. I’ll take Optimus’s CS over EK’s anyway, even if Optimus likes to go MIA at times, they still do the right thing way more then EK ever has or will.

Yes EK had nickel flake in the past.  I've also seen nickel flake off of multiple Heatkiller and Alphacool blocks and the manufacturers blamed the coolant, yet nobody complains about them every single post when Heatkiller and Alphacool blocks are mentioned.  However, the nickel flaking with EK it usually didn't happen within the first few hours of use.  It took prolonged use, and often with coolants that EK said not to use.  Every company can have a bad batch with mass produced products.  I know a few people who had nickel flaking issues with EK products and had absolutely no issues getting the products replaced under warranty.  I also had an EK drain valve malfunction and not open all the way.  I was shipped a replacement valve via DHL the next day via express shipping.  The shipping cost more than the valve did.  So, I don't know where you get their idea that EK denies everyone and has customer service worse than Optimus.  If a customer uses a coolant that EK says not to use with their products, then maybe EK has the right to deny the warranty claim. 

However, the expectations are a bit higher on a $600 water block that was delayed multiple times, and delayed due to a supposedly better coating.  Optimus hasn't offered to replace my block or blocks after I contacted them about the issue.  The best they said that can do is either strip them to bare copper or strip them and try to refinish them again and hope that the coating doesn't come off again.  This is because the Optimus Kingpin blocks are already out of production.  With EK, Watercool.de/Heatkiller and Alphacool, I can usually get replacement parts for at least a few years after a product is released.  With Optimus, here we are about 8 months after their first KP 3090 blocks are shipped and the best they can do is have me send my blocks in and wait who knows how long for Optimus to to strip off the finish and refinish them.  With how long Optimus has taken to get anything done in the past, I'm not hopeful that I'd get the blocks back in a timely manner if I sent them in to get refinished.

What Optimus customer service?  Until recently its usually been non existent.  Optimus only replied to about 10%-20% of the people who contacted them through the contact form on their web site based on the experience of people here and elsewhere who never heard back from Optimus after multiple contact attempts.  Most of their customers they ignored for a long time.  It shouldn't take angry tweets on twitter to get a replay, however that's what it took some people here and other forums to get updated about the KP 3090 blocks.  In addition to that, Optimus would say that products are in stock, then when the products were immediately ordered, there would be a 2 to 4 month wait for the products to ship because they lied and said items were in stock when they weren't.  Optimus also has a history of missing deadlines and making excuses.  Look at their Threadripper block, look at their 2080 ti blocks, look at the KP 3090 blocks....

So far the Optimus experience has been poor and I don't think I'll buy their products again.  I've been let down by them too many times.  You seem to be a huge Optimus fanboy based on things you have said here before, but I don't know how anyone can be an Optimus fanboy based on so many bad customer experiences, missed deadlines, mislead customers, lack of warranty replacement inventory, and lack of customer service.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/07/31 22:05:35 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420

Yes EK had nickel flake in the past.  I've also seen nickel flake off of multiple Heatkiller and Alphacool blocks and the manufacturers blamed the coolant, yet nobody complains about them every single post when Heatkiller and Alphacool blocks are mentioned.  However, the nickel flaking with EK it usually didn't happen within the first few hours of use.  It took prolonged use, and often with coolants that EK said not to use.  Every company can have a bad batch with mass produced products.  I know a few people who had nickel flaking issues with EK products and had absolutely no issues getting the products replaced under warranty.  I also had an EK drain valve malfunction and not open all the way.  I was shipped a replacement valve via DHL the next day via express shipping.  The shipping cost more than the valve did.  So, I don't know where you get their idea that EK denies everyone and has customer service worse than Optimus.  If a customer uses a coolant that EK says not to use with their products, then maybe EK has the right to deny the warranty claim. 

However, the expectations are a bit higher on a $600 water block that was delayed multiple times, and delayed due to a supposedly better coating.  Optimus hasn't offered to replace my block or blocks after I contacted them about the issue.  The best they said that can do is either strip them to bare copper or strip them and try to refinish them again and hope that the coating doesn't come off again.  This is because the Optimus Kingpin blocks are already out of production.  With EK, Watercool.de/Heatkiller and Alphacool, I can usually get replacement parts for at least a few years after a product is released.  With Optimus, here we are about 8 months after their first KP 3090 blocks are shipped and the best they can do is have me send my blocks in and wait who knows how long for Optimus to to strip off the finish and refinish them.  With how long Optimus has taken to get anything done in the past, I'm not hopeful that I'd get the blocks back in a timely manner if I sent them in to get refinished.

What Optimus customer service?  Until recently its usually been non existent.  Optimus only replied to about 10%-20% of the people who contacted them through the contact form on their web site based on the experience of people here and elsewhere who never heard back from Optimus after multiple contact attempts.  Most of their customers they ignored for a long time.  It shouldn't take angry tweets on twitter to get a replay, however that's what it took some people here and other forums to get updated about the KP 3090 blocks.  In addition to that, Optimus would say that products are in stock, then when the products were immediately ordered, there would be a 2 to 4 month wait for the products to ship because they lied and said items were in stock when they weren't.  Optimus also has a history of missing deadlines and making excuses.  Look at their Threadripper block, look at their 2080 ti blocks, look at the KP 3090 blocks....

So far the Optimus experience has been poor and I don't think I'll buy their products again.  I've been let down by them too many times.  You seem to be a huge Optimus fanboy based on things you have said here before, but I don't know how anyone can be an Optimus fanboy based on so many bad customer experiences, missed deadlines, mislead customers, lack of warranty replacement inventory, and lack of customer service.

😂😂😂 @ fanboy that’s funny.

Page: << < ..5152535455 > Showing page 54 of 55
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile