OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090

Page: << < ..5152535455 > Showing page 52 of 55
Author
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/09 10:51:50 (permalink)
Make sure you have the black gasket in.  The black one has different dimensions to increase and stabilize the pressure used to help seal the block.  I would also check the cold plate screws to make sure they are secure.  I would also do a once over on the screws that mount the plexi covers to each of the blocks for the front and rear.  I would recommend tightening those down to make sure the seal is as tight as can be.  

Once you start the process of converting to the Optimus block, the instructions on the Kingpin HC are very valueable.  Keep all the screws removed in a small container so you don't loose them.  I'd also have a small container if possible to try and save as much as the thermal putty you can in case you need to rma the block back to EVGA.  The tape on the pcb holding original shroud is pretty tough but take your time prying it safely apart.  If you have a plastic pry tool use it from different angles to help loosed up that tape.  Do not use a metal tool to do this as you may damage your gpu.  Also, when taking off the fan shroud be aware of the wires and gently remove the plug for the fans from the port on the gpu.  There is limited space there so take your time and don't rush or you could end up damaging the plug or port.  

Also, some of the screws you will use to mount the gpu to the block will need to be tightened up to help seal the block.  You will see these when you are working on the block as they are close to the gaskets.  Once you have the gpu lined up and pretty much mounted I would go back and increase pressure on those screws to help make sure you have a good seal.  These will be the screws that pass through the plexi to the other side of the block.  

I would have a spare set of thermal pads from Optimus if possible.  The ones that come with the block are thin so they don't like being taken apart or they are fragile due to the thickness/material used.  

Also, the online instructions as to tensioning the block around the gpu are the more current version.  I don't know if they made a running change to the printed one they supply.  When lining up the blocks, take your time to evenly distribute the tension so that you don't warp or over tighten the block causing the gpu to flex.  As you tighten down the block to the gpu, be mindful to check the gpu board to make sure it's not warping/flexing.  

The torx head screws can be a pain to work with if you are rushing.  Make sure to fully seat the torx wrench into each screw as you are either fastening or unfastening them to make sure you don't damage the heads.  

The most important thing is to air pressure test the block once you assemble it on the gpu.  I would also recommend doing a test that is longer than what you would normally do since the block has an active rear plate.  You want to find the leaks if any early on before you put coolant into it or mount it into your pc if possible.  

Lastly once you have your block assembled and ready for installation, make sure you take into account additional bracing or support.  This block is really heavy and additional should be used to help reduce stress on the gpu and mobo.  The block does not extend the entire length of the gpu pcb so there is a possible flex point that would be a concern near the signal outputs on the gpu.  I still don't know why the block does not extend all the way, but since it doesn't it really would put a strain on that one section of the pcb that is unsupported by the block plates.  

There are a few posts here that go into build notes or things of concern so I would read through the post starting in December of 2021 to current to see what else you can gather to help you with your build.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 01:24:56 (permalink)
Zvedza
Got my block today after a few delays. Looks amazing except the usual suspect. 
Is this ok? Ive been following this thread for a bit and have seen some issues regarding the backplate being warped/curved etc. Im able to press down gently and it straightens out easily, but have not mounted or leak tested it yet.

bend doesnt look so bad. When you mount it, it'll flatten out. Mine was way worst than this.

OCF4n
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 09:57:33 (permalink)
Wow, thanks very much @Gotspeed_2000 ! Didn't expect such details helps a lot!  Bookmarked and saved and will be printed out when i'm ready to do the work for sure. Will do an industrial looking loop with EK's ZMT soft tubes because it's not a pia like hard tubes for sure especially for a beginner like me.
What do you recommend as a reliable fluid? Something clear i reckon. My goal is not only industrial look but also industrial in terms of maintenance.
Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 10:17:13 (permalink)
OCF4n
Wow, thanks very much @Gotspeed_2000 ! Didn't expect such details helps a lot!  Bookmarked and saved and will be printed out when i'm ready to do the work for sure. Will do an industrial looking loop with EK's ZMT soft tubes because it's not a pia like hard tubes for sure especially for a beginner like me.
What do you recommend as a reliable fluid? Something clear i reckon. My goal is not only industrial look but also industrial in terms of maintenance.

I personally like the DP Ultra Clear, from Aqua Computer.
OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 10:18:53 (permalink)
AtozGlue
Zvedza
Got my block today after a few delays. Looks amazing except the usual suspect. 
Is this ok? Ive been following this thread for a bit and have seen some issues regarding the backplate being warped/curved etc. Im able to press down gently and it straightens out easily, but have not mounted or leak tested it yet.

bend doesnt look so bad. When you mount it, it'll flatten out. Mine was way worst than this.

Yeah, mine looks similar. Maybe even a little bit more bend.
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 10:21:45 (permalink)
Zen_Punk
OCF4n

I've been using Mayhems X1 Clear concentrate for several years, no issues:
https://modmymods.com/mayhems-x1-v2-concentrate-coolant-clear-250ml-mx1c250mlcl.html

OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 10:37:27 (permalink)
fragility_V1
Zen_Punk
OCF4n

https://modmymods.com/mayhems-x1-v2-concentrate-coolant-clear-250ml-mx1c250mlcl.html

Yeah, I heard about that fluid from Aqua Computer. it's pretty reliable. But Mayhems is a concentrate and not a pre-mix like DP Ultra Clear i reckon so i would still need to buy some distilled water. Right?
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 10:41:06 (permalink)
fragility_V1
Zen_Punk
OCF4n

I only ever use clear coolant.

Distilled water and a silver coil has worked for me in the past, but it does need to be drained and refreshed occasionally to keep it clear from microbes.

I recommend avoiding EK-Cryofuel (clear), it turned cloudy soon as I put it in my loop and didn't clear for some time, and left a ring around the inside of my reservoir that was a mission to clean. I've read a number of people had this same issue with the clear Cryofuel, but others have had no such issues, so ymmv. Maybe I got a bad batch.

I've since been using Corsair's Hydro X Series XL8 coolant (clear) and have had no problems with it, so that's my recommendation, for whatever it's worth.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/06/10 10:42:41

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 10:53:56 (permalink)
Nereus
fragility_V1
Zen_Punk
OCF4n

I only ever use clear coolant.

Distilled water and a silver coil has worked for me in the past, but it does need to be drained and refreshed occasionally to keep it clear from microbes.

I recommend avoiding EK-Cryofuel (clear), it turned cloudy soon as I put it in my loop and didn't clear for some time, and left a ring around the inside of my reservoir that was a mission to clean. I've read a number of people had this same issue with the clear Cryofuel, but others have had no such issues, so ymmv. Maybe I got a bad batch.

I've since been using Corsair's Hydro X Series XL8 coolant (clear) and have had no problems with it, so that's my recommendation, for whatever it's worth.

Yes, i saw the amazon reviews on the EK fluid. It turned brown on some people after some time lol. Unfortunately i didn't see any reviews on the Corsair one. So i don't know the long term experience from people.
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2366
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 11:15:19 (permalink)
*reading this while knowing I have clear EK Cryofuel in my computer at home right now*

uhhhh....well...guess I'll have to keep an eye on that. I haven't had any issues yet, but I'll keep an eye on it. I've been using the Koolance 702 at work for a couple years now and so far haven't had a single issue. We use quite a bit of dissimilar metals too (well, copper and aluminum mixes).

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 11:18:03 (permalink)
OCF4n
fragility_V1
Zen_Punk
OCF4n

Yeah, I heard about that fluid from Aqua Computer. it's pretty reliable. But Mayhems is a concentrate and not a pre-mix like DP Ultra Clear i reckon so i would still need to buy some distilled water. Right?

Yes, that Mayhems is a concentrate, so you will need distilled water.  Give you some flexibility to mix it how you want.  They also do sell a pre-mix of the same thing.
OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 11:35:46 (permalink)
fragility_V1
OCF4n
fragility_V1
Zen_Punk
OCF4n

Yes, that Mayhems is a concentrate, so you will need distilled water.  Give you some flexibility to mix it how you want.  They also do sell a pre-mix of the same thing.

Ok, right just looked for it. There's also the XT-1 V2 which is UV reactive.
Zvedza
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 11:38:35 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
*reading this while knowing I have clear EK Cryofuel in my computer at home right now*

uhhhh....well...guess I'll have to keep an eye on that. I haven't had any issues yet, but I'll keep an eye on it. I've been using the Koolance 702 at work for a couple years now and so far haven't had a single issue. We use quite a bit of dissimilar metals too (well, copper and aluminum mixes).

Ironically ive had zero issues with my red ek cryofuel in my system for the 2 years its been in there, but my clear cryofuel started to cause growth, was prob just a bad batch.

Also optimus got back to me today and said what you all have said, they think its perfectly fine, which is nice to hear. Hopefully can throw it all on this weekend. 
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 12:16:50 (permalink)
I am using EK clear and its been running for 3 months and looks like the day I put it in, I did pre clean radiators with Primochill rad clean and then 24 hour flush/test , and a then ran 4 day on distilled and PCsys prep, then EK Cyro fuel, took down the system to add HC kingpin card about a month ago, and reused what a took out to do the card add. But it seems ymmv .
OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 12:22:23 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
Make sure you have the black gasket in.  The black one has different dimensions to increase and stabilize the pressure used to help seal the block.  I would also check the cold plate screws to make sure they are secure.  I would also do a once over on the screws that mount the plexi covers to each of the blocks for the front and rear.  I would recommend tightening those down to make sure the seal is as tight as can be.  

Once you start the process of converting to the Optimus block, the instructions on the Kingpin HC are very valueable.  Keep all the screws removed in a small container so you don't loose them.  I'd also have a small container if possible to try and save as much as the thermal putty you can in case you need to rma the block back to EVGA.  The tape on the pcb holding original shroud is pretty tough but take your time prying it safely apart.  If you have a plastic pry tool use it from different angles to help loosed up that tape.  Do not use a metal tool to do this as you may damage your gpu.  Also, when taking off the fan shroud be aware of the wires and gently remove the plug for the fans from the port on the gpu.  There is limited space there so take your time and don't rush or you could end up damaging the plug or port.  

Also, some of the screws you will use to mount the gpu to the block will need to be tightened up to help seal the block.  You will see these when you are working on the block as they are close to the gaskets.  Once you have the gpu lined up and pretty much mounted I would go back and increase pressure on those screws to help make sure you have a good seal.  These will be the screws that pass through the plexi to the other side of the block.  

I would have a spare set of thermal pads from Optimus if possible.  The ones that come with the block are thin so they don't like being taken apart or they are fragile due to the thickness/material used.  

Also, the online instructions as to tensioning the block around the gpu are the more current version.  I don't know if they made a running change to the printed one they supply.  When lining up the blocks, take your time to evenly distribute the tension so that you don't warp or over tighten the block causing the gpu to flex.  As you tighten down the block to the gpu, be mindful to check the gpu board to make sure it's not warping/flexing.  

The torx head screws can be a pain to work with if you are rushing.  Make sure to fully seat the torx wrench into each screw as you are either fastening or unfastening them to make sure you don't damage the heads.  

The most important thing is to air pressure test the block once you assemble it on the gpu.  I would also recommend doing a test that is longer than what you would normally do since the block has an active rear plate.  You want to find the leaks if any early on before you put coolant into it or mount it into your pc if possible.  

Lastly once you have your block assembled and ready for installation, make sure you take into account additional bracing or support.  This block is really heavy and additional should be used to help reduce stress on the gpu and mobo.  The block does not extend the entire length of the gpu pcb so there is a possible flex point that would be a concern near the signal outputs on the gpu.  I still don't know why the block does not extend all the way, but since it doesn't it really would put a strain on that one section of the pcb that is unsupported by the block plates.  

There are a few posts here that go into build notes or things of concern so I would read through the post starting in December of 2021 to current to see what else you can gather to help you with your build.  

About that tape on the pcb. Do i need to completely remove all the residue (with alcohol) after i take the shroud apart? Or did you just leave it there?
post edited by OCF4n - 2022/06/10 13:12:01
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 13:24:29 (permalink)
3 years plus on my last flush (cause of upgrade) and the Mayhems X1 clear still was clear haha. Didn't flush the 4 rads or blocks and just refilled and guess what.. Still clear months later!

Never had it this easy and have been water cooling pc's since it was a thing 2 decades ago!

1750ml of distilled water per 250ml of coolant.. mix for a min and go!

For "Sub Zero Cooling down to -8c) - mix 250 ml of coolant to 750 ml of Water. (makes 1 Ltr in total).

I buy it from https://www.performance-pcs.com/
post edited by AHowes - 2022/06/10 13:28:13

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2369
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 14:45:04 (permalink)
AHowes
3 years plus on my last flush (cause of upgrade) and the Mayhems X1 clear still was clear haha. Didn't flush the 4 rads or blocks and just refilled and guess what.. Still clear months later!

Never had it this easy and have been water cooling pc's since it was a thing 2 decades ago!

For "Sub Zero Cooling down to -8c) - mix 250 ml of coolant to 750 ml of Water. (makes 1 Ltr in total).

and its cheap too
OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 15:17:55 (permalink)
AHowes

so this one:
https://www.caseking.de/Mayhems-X1-UV-Clear-Blue-1000ml-WAZU-282.html?tplview=desktop 
? This should be a pre-mix i reckon.
AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6681
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 15:37:05 (permalink)
OCF4n
AHowes

so this one:
https://www.caseking.de/Mayhems-X1-UV-Clear-Blue-1000ml-WAZU-282.html?tplview=desktop 
? This should be a pre-mix i reckon.

Yes thats the ready mix... in blue.. uv reflective.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/10 17:30:17 (permalink)
OCF4n

About that tape on the pcb. Do i need to completely remove all the residue (with alcohol) after i take the shroud apart? Or did you just leave it there?

You don't have to clean it off completely but I would use rubbing alcohol to remove as much of the residue as possible.  It wont hurt it, but I like to make sure my builds are clean so I would do this even though you can't see it once the block is on.  

For the coolant, there is a lot of people here that have a variety of experience with the various coolants.  It's nice to have colored coolants as they add style points to you build but in most cases they do start to clog your cooling fins or cause other issues.  If you don't care about the look or can skip the appearance of colored coolants I would stay with a clear coolant.  It's less chances of issues and it should be easier to maintain over time.  

For me, I use EK clear cryofuel premix with additional distilled water in my loops.  I tried the mystic cloud but the coloring settled into my cooling fins after a couple of weeks so I had to tear the whole loop down to clean it out.  Some others had great results, but I think in my case I used the concentrate and it didn't hold the mixing well and separated.  For the clear I recently helped on user here with their build and he had issues with his clear cryofuel as well.  It turned his loop cloudy and then it mucked up the loop.  It was hard to tell if he still had any of the loop prep residues left in his rads which could have mixed with the cryofuel thus gumming up the loop. His flow meter is still messed up a bit after knowing it was working initially running distilled water and then having it read much lower flow rates while the pump seemed to have been slowed down as well.  So before using any coolants I would try to make sure you properly flush your loop as a precaution to lessen the chances of having issues.  He could have had a bad batch, but not being there to see what he did makes it hard to tell if there was something left over or what he did contributed to the issue.  For me, I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt and say he got a bad batch though based on what he shared as far as his loop/rad prep process.  

I still use cryofuel in my builds and those I build for others.  I do water it down a bit with distilled water as well.  I also try not to buy the concentrate as I had bad luck with it initially.  Mayhems is also a good choice but I would stay with the clear as much as possible.  If my PC was going on display somewhere I'd switch out to a colored coolant like the primochill just for the event, but I wouldn't use it an everyday coolant.  

I have started to order the things I will need for my new case build in the Corsair 1000D Obsidian.  Ordered radiator trays from Corsair along with rads and another EK 300 Kinetic pump/res combo.  Also ordered a bunch of other small things to figure out the mounting of the pump/res combos and the tube runs.  I think for that build I'm going to do a small case mod in removing the hard drive cages from the case with a possible color change from the factor black too.  Maybe a change the case color from black to a white or blue is being considered.  I also am thinking of doing a AM5 mobo/cpu in that build along with a 4000 series gpu since it will take me time do the case mods and parts in since the AM5 and 4000 series haven't been released yet.  That build will have twin 480s in the front, twin 360s up top, atleast two 300 Kinetic pump/res combos and I'm thinking of adding a third D5 pump to maintain flow rate.  This along with the 30 fans I plan on having should make it an interesting build.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Zvedza
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/12 14:54:45 (permalink)
33*C max gpu temp with 25*C water on port royal holy shiz. EVGA AIO and waterblock were giving me 48*C+
This is what i was hoping the evga block would do. My rig isnt as nice as some of your guys' builds, but figure id throw it in anyway. 

Note my high tech gpu support bracket. Also like said above, this block killed my flow, but still good enough for now, def need to add another pump in the loop somewhere. 

Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 05:51:41 (permalink)
Zvedza
33*C max gpu temp with 25*C water on port royal holy shiz. EVGA AIO and waterblock were giving me 48*C+
This is what i was hoping the evga block would do. My rig isnt as nice as some of your guys' builds, but figure id throw it in anyway. 

Note my high tech gpu support bracket. Also like said above, this block killed my flow, but still good enough for now, def need to add another pump in the loop somewhere. 

Your rig looks fine.
I still don’t have mine done. I have changed my mind at least three times, because I have a high end sound card and probably wouldn’t be able to use it with a bottom mount rad.
Now that I decided, on a top and side rad, I can use the sound card, and actually brace the vertical mount correctly.
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 06:25:48 (permalink)
what sort of high end sound card is it that still uses an internal slot? figured most DACs were USB by now
Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 08:06:41 (permalink)
zippytek
what sort of high end sound card is it that still uses an internal slot? figured most DACs were USB by now

It’s the HT Omega eClaro 7.1 pci-e.
I like it because it can push, a nice set of stereo headphones.
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 08:59:17 (permalink)
Zen_Punk
zippytek

It’s the HT Omega eClaro 7.1 pci-e.
I like it because it can push, a nice set of stereo headphones.

gotcha, i pinged my audio friend to see if he has suggestions for a nice USB DAC that is in this class. just curious myself but will share whatever he sends back. have a good one
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 09:06:36 (permalink)
Look into Schiit audio. Everything for every price point to push 600 ohm cans.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 09:54:40 (permalink)
loveha
Look into Schiit audio. Everything for every price point to push 600 ohm cans.

The Modi / Magni combo is the entry level for schiit:
https://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1
https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 10:15:16 (permalink)

lol.. I assume they have a good reputation, but I can't help laughing a little about buying high end audio from a company named 'schiit audio'.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 10:17:08 (permalink)
Nereus
lol.. I assume they have a good reputation, but I can't help laughing a little about buying high end audio from a company named 'schiit audio'.

Oh they lean into it.  Feels like the company was named during a late night of drinking, and someone said "duuuude, you should totally name it that, that would be hilarious"
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/06/13 10:20:39 (permalink)
fragility_V1
Nereus

Oh they lean into it.  Feels like the company was named during a late night of drinking, and someone said "duuuude, you should totally name it that, that would be hilarious"

Lol, well it's not a name anyone's going to forget in a hurry, so there's that.

Page: << < ..5152535455 > Showing page 52 of 55
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile