2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements

Page: << < ..6789 Showing page 9 of 9
Author
texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5066
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 22
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 04:56:52 (permalink)
juliana007
Thank you EVGA for opening up the TZC to those of us from other teams. I know I enjoyed myself, and I'm quite certain the handful of NCIXers and HWCers who joined in did as well. Cheers!

Enjoyed having you with us and thank-you for crossing over the barriers that sometimes exist between Folding teams!  It was great to pull together with all of our extended Folding family. 
post edited by texinga - 2012/12/04 05:17:00

drougnor
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2715
  • Ribbons : 18
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 05:12:38 (permalink)
juliana007

Thank you EVGA for opening up the TZC to those of us from other teams. I know I enjoyed myself, and I'm quite certain the handful of NCIXers and HWCers who joined in did as well. Cheers!

I gotta say, it was a blast having more people involved. To be honest, I'll be MORE than happy to extend that offer to other teams in the future!

d

Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 05:55:27 (permalink)
juliana007

Please come back as often as you can to have fun with us

in the future we will try to have some more coordination with other teams for contests

at least pop in once in a while to show your

off

it was a real pleasure to see more women come in and have some fun here

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

juliana007
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 14:44:58 (permalink)
Xavier Zepherious at least pop in once in a while to show your

off

Alas, after having the same avatar for five years, I was told to change it today by a mod. So I'm afraid I won't be able to help you there!

Thanks again troy, drougnor and everybody!

edit - once more for old time's sake...

post edited by juliana007 - 2012/12/04 14:57:57

Shykal
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1398
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 15:12:11 (permalink)
texinga
Maybe reach out to someone in Mad's family if you have ability to contact them?  I figure if he had met with some misfortune, a family member should have heard about it.  I think all of us want to know that he is OK and will return to full function by February.  All kidding aside about you being the "team girlfriend", we are just sending you a hug and hoping that your relationship with Mad is realized in the best of ways.  Thanks for the information about him and I guess we all just have to wait and see...

It is just Mad and his Dad and his Grandma drops by every so often. And I've no way of contacting them.
Well Mad and his Dad are in the same boat, his Dad works days though, I hope everything is okay for the both of them.

You guys have been and are supportive and great, with anything and everything including this situation with Mad.
Mayhaps not the team girlfriend but the team cheer squad/mascot, as I still think some of you would be questionable boyfriends , especially a certain someone going by the initials XZ .

GROUP HUG!

I'm glad folks from other teams enjoyed joining in on the TZC.
Y'all come back now ya hear!
(I've been hanging around too many mountain men I think, *chuckles*)

(Another day passes and no word from Mad )

Shykal = A Girl and Madrias' BETTER half.
 ShadowSplicer: Son of a GROMACS... Z shut up xD

drougnor
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2715
  • Ribbons : 18
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 15:25:46 (permalink)
Besides, those of us who have taken the title of Pimp? Yeah, certainly not boyfriend material . . . Tho, my wife things very highly of me as marrying material, thankfully!

Shykal
FTW Member
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 15:56:49 (permalink)
drougnor

Besides, those of us who have taken the title of Pimp? Yeah, certainly not boyfriend material . . . Tho, my wife things very highly of me as marrying material, thankfully!

*chuckles*, Pimps are an exception. I still have my too big honorary Pimp hat you gave me somewhere.
She chose wisely .

troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2817
  • Ribbons : 10
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/04 17:28:04 (permalink)
12/4/12

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Ribbons : 16
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/05 03:36:25 (permalink)
Shykal

You guys have been and are supportive and great, with anything and everything including this situation with Mad.
Mayhaps not the team girlfriend but the team cheer squad/mascot, as I still think some of you would be questionable boyfriends , especially a certain someone going by the initials XZ .

GROUP HUG!

(I've been hanging around too many mountain men I think, *chuckles*)

Now you're scaring me Shy.....  

next thing you know you'll be posting these Xmas lines from a movie you probably watched

Catwoman: You're catnip to a girl like me. Handsome, dazed, and to die for. 
Batman: Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it. 
Catwoman: But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it. You're the second man who killed me this week, but I've got seven lives left. 
Batman: I tried to save you. 
Catwoman: Seems like every woman you try to save ends up dead... or deeply resentful. Maybe you should retire. 

of course punchy has his own line

The Penguin: [to Catwoman] You're Beauty and the Beast in one luscious Christmas gift pack. 

---------------------------

anything to cheer you up till the Joker drops by

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

patchesanook
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3903
  • Ribbons : 9
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/05 05:00:42 (permalink)
heck shy is to young to be my team girlfriend.
but if the position of team daughter comes up,shy would fill that spot.

texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5066
  • Ribbons : 22
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/05 05:07:38 (permalink)
You are right Patches and that is how I feel as well.  I started the whole statement about "team girlfriend", but was mainly hoping to flush-out ole' Mad if possible.  Mad, if you're out there reading this, haul it in here guy and say "hi" to your gal! 

Shykal
FTW Member
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/05 06:41:10 (permalink)
Success in scaring XZ the Mountain Man, didn't think much scared Mountain men *chuckles*.
I kinda like those lines, been a while since I watched a Batman movie though.

Ah Patches and Tex quite gentlemanly of you both. I'm sure if Mad was online (or hopefully drops by) he'd get protective over the 'team girlfriend' statement, but we'd know it's just a kidding around statement.

I'm easy going and take things lightly, I can take a tease/stir, usually with a raised eyebrow or a laugh.

(crosses fingers that Mad drops by today. It's 8.39am CST and 12.39am Aus as I type this)

Time for me to sleep.

ejj5013
  • Total Posts : 12
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/09 10:54:44 (permalink)
Thanks to everyone that made this a successful event.   

Sim7447
  • Total Posts : 20
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/10 15:38:59 (permalink)
Congrats to the overpowered Team EST. 

Sorry that I didn't ready my EVGA 9800gt for folding in order to support Team CST.
Hopefully my donations will cover for my absence.

As for the idea of bringing in other teams to compete in the TZC; why not assimilate it with the Chimp Challenge?
Then we would see which timezone actually has the most folding power, not just within EVGA.

Thank you to everyone who made this operation happen.

ShadowSplicer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 141
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/11 08:41:50 (permalink)
Hey folders, I just wanted to kind of put this out there, because I don't know how many have seen this or not. I don't know how many people Punchy had PM'ed...

EVGA Folding @ Home Team Call to Arms

Greetings from the EVGA Folding @ Home team!  For those that are not aware, a number of events have made the last 9 months very difficult for EVGA’s Folding Team.  While we currently hold the top spot in the folding ranks, EVGA is now being out-produced daily by a resurgent [H]ardOCP folding team that is challenging us for our #1 position!  At the current rate of output, we are 2-3 weeks from being overtaken!  Many have worked very hard to achieve to get EVGA's folding team to its current position, and we are not going to lose it without a fight!  [H] is coming up fast and we are reaching out to current and past folders for EVGA’s Folding Team hoping that we come together as a community, meet this challenge and keep our #1 spot!

EVGA has always been a folding team built on the premise that together a large number of people making a small contribution can accomplish great things.  We are not a small team of high output power folders, instead we are a large team of small folders each doing their part.  Our strength lies in our numbers and no contribution to our team is too small or too insignificant.  As the summer months come to an end and cooler weather is upon us we are entering the prime folding season!  We are looking to take advantage of the cooler weather to ramp up our production and bring in new folders.  If everyone makes even a small contribution (such as a single CPU or GPU), we can reverse the current trend, secure the #1 folding team position and do a lot of great scientific research to benefit humanity and the greater good!  We hope that you will join us in our effort to fight the good fight, to cure diseases and keep EVGA at the top of the leader board!!  For more information check us on the EVGA Forum! 

The Great [H] Challenge:

To track our progress in fending off the threat of [H] our team has put together The Great [H] Challenge site.  On the site you can find a range of stats that track our progress vs [H], chat with fellow folders and sign up to win great gifts (hardware, games etc) donated by members of our folding team.  Our generous teammate blkhole is running several giveaways of his own in addition to the overall challenge.  If you are interested in joining us on this endeavor, simply sign up here and start folding!  You can also find more discussion on the [H] challenge folding contest in the contest section of the EVGA forum.

Additional Information:

Folding @ Home is a distributed computing project that allows individual users to harness the power of both CPU and/or GPU to help fight some of the worst diseases plaguing humanity in the 21st century.  It is also a fun way for hardware enthusiasts to machines to the test and compete both individually and as a team.

Why Folding @ Home:

Folding @ Home provides research on how proteins are formed (or 'fold').  Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Proteins help your body break down food into energy, regulate your moods, and fight disease.  Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." While protein folding is critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology much of the process remains a mystery.

When proteins do not fold correctly, also known as misfolding, there can be serious health consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many cancers. If we better understand protein misfolding we can design drugs and therapies to combat these illnesses.   For more information please visit folding.stanford.edu

Ways to get started folding

Folding @ Home’s Official V7 client.  A highly functional folding client produced by Stanford.

Folding @ Home Tracker by Jedi95 is another easy way to get started folding including EVGA's latest 600 series GPU’s.  A setup guide can be found here (600 series guide found here).

If you are having any problems getting started, please check the folding help section on EVGA's Forums.  If you do not find relevant information, please make a post and you will find EVGA’s folding community eager to help resolve any issues and get you up and running!

A Few of the Many Reasons You Should Fold:

Folding @ Home provides valuable computational results to researchers working to eradicate some of the worst diseases plaguing humanity in the 21st century. 

Push your computer hardware to its limits for a good cause and find out how well it performs. 

Channel your enthusiasm and interest for technology into a cause that benefits humanity!

Be a part of a great folding community here at EVGA.  EVGA's folding team has always been a welcoming community eager to help folders of all shapes, sizes and abilities.  We often host both friendly inter-team and intra-team competitions to unify the community and build team spirit and give away prizes. 

[H] has long been EVGA's friendly folding rival and recently begun surging through the folding ranks.  Now they have their sights set on our position as the #1 folding team and we are not going to give that up without a fight!  Let’s not squander the hard work many have done to build EVGA's folding team and give [H] all they can handle and more!
post edited by ShadowSplicer - 2012/12/11 13:08:10

Shykal
FTW Member
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/11 15:22:37 (permalink)
Punchy seems to know just the right thing to do and who to get the word out to *pets Punchy*, as do a few other fellow folders. A great team to be on is this team.

He lives he hasn't got lost in space or anything...
for XZ, The Joker is out there.
Mad dropped by last night (I was asleep was middle of the night here in Aus) he left me a message.
Here's proof http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1813510 not that it's needed, but he passed through the forum.

Punchy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2969
  • Ribbons : 14
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/11 16:05:48 (permalink)
Even that message that ShadowSplicer posted was a team effort - troy8d wrote it, and I sent it out.

Glad to hear Madrias is still around - I think a bunch of your forum "uncles" (and I mean that only in the nicest way) were getting ready to round up a search party to go looking for him.

troy8d
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2817
  • Ribbons : 10
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/11 17:37:34 (permalink)
The 2012 TZC has come to an end and the gift selection has ended I just want to take a moment to thank those who helped make this happen (I apologize in advance to anyone I have missed):
  • Drougnor for another tireless effort in providing us with hourly stats updates.
  • DutchForce and rjbelans for double checking and making sure everything is in order. 
  • Punchy for his exceptional handling of the gift distribution.
  • XZ for getting the word out to other teams and adding a little spice to this year's TZC.
  • Every single person who took the time and made the sacrifice to donate something to give away this contest. 
  • Everyone that signed up and participated in the contest.  Without you, all our efforts would have been for futile.  

We put up some great numbers this year, and with any luck we'll be back at it again next fall! 

ASSOCIATE CODE : N3OP4FX27BEO113 (3-10% off EVGA.com purchases)   |   AFFILIATE/REWARDS CODE: K2LS6QIN0Y (EVGA product registration)
DarKSeeD
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 217
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/11 23:26:27 (permalink)
W00t! Winter is the best season for folding. Thank you and happy holidays!

Gizas! what a mess  

My Affiliate Code: H9P4U2TDJV  
Shykal
FTW Member
Re:2012 Time Zone Challenge Official Annoucements 2012/12/12 06:22:38 (permalink)
Punchy

Even that message that ShadowSplicer posted was a team effort - troy8d wrote it, and I sent it out.

Glad to hear Madrias is still around - I think a bunch of your forum "uncles" (and I mean that only in the nicest way) were getting ready to round up a search party to go looking for him.

Heeey Punchy *suddenly grabs Punchy in a head lock and gives him a noogie [rubs fist on his head]* Say Uncle! and I'll let you go .
I know what you mean though. It's also another reason this is a great team and forum, always ready to help and support anyone in anyway they can.

To any of those in CST no worries if there was a problem and you didn't get to fold, or you had a problem and couldn't get your rig into folding gear in time, there'll be more contests.
Folding Madness comes along around March, Madness is quite the right name for it recalling the mayhem from the previous couple of years.

And though they've had plenty of thanks, more won't go astray, To all those that got this contest in order, you know who you are. Ditto to Troys post #258.

Page: << < ..6789 Showing page 9 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile