What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 48 of 88
Author
Outofstock4ever
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 210
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/05 16:19:31 (permalink)
I may be missing something, but even before the gpu crysis of 2020, EVGA was not very much focused on Europe on the last couple of years. You can't really expect that to change during these crysis.
That said, even if they are not focusing on Europe they are the only ones doing this. All the other brands that wanted our money focusing on Europe couldn't give a rat's ass for us now. They are all sclaping or letting distributors and retailers to scalpe cards

EU- 12G-P5-3657-KR     2/25/2021 9:01:27 AM PT
EU - 08G-P5-3751-KR     2/22/2021 12:11:04 PM PT    
EU - 08G-P5-3663-KR     1/25/2021 8:05:36 AM PT
alandoy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 159
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/05 18:18:31 (permalink)
alexmpl46
The statistics showing 1,72% of evga's whole GPUs production sent to Europe. That much evga care about european customers.

Where are you seeing that percentage (1,72% above) of cards sent to Europe? 

The comparison of the North American and European queues I did a few days ago, suggests that "for the most part" there is rough parity between the two region queues. For sure, something is definitely suspicious for the 3090 FTW3 Ultra as that consistently and repeatedly has fallen more and more behind the US counterpart, but that would be the only sku that I see the NA queues being massively favored over the EU. Also, the 3070 XC3 too is a little off as well - but not as much. 

I'd be as harsh as pretty much anyone here, but I can't really blame EVGA for much. They didn't create the shortage, and to the best of my knowledge they are the only board manufacturer who's gone out of their way to help ( or at least attempt) do something about it by introducing the queues. However, where we can find fault is the lack of information that's happened since. EVGA are no different in this respect than most other companies. They have all the "burn down rates", expected delivery schedules, etc.....and while I wouldn't expect things like "Hey your card will be shipped April 3rd", they could give general guidance to the community on what's happening, when they expect things to improve etc. That wouldn't be giving away "state secrets".

It might be easier to say nothing, but looking out for your customers should always be seen as the right thing to do. Unprecedented problems call for unprecedented thinking/solutions. 

arokhantos
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/06 02:36:49 (permalink)
We dont even have hydro on our eu page for evga just look https://eu.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080

Now look at american page
https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080

All this time if been waiting for the hydro and it was only avaible to Americans Evga are you guys a bunch of morons or what, and yes i am fully aware you may remove my post i don't give a ****, as long it reaches evga ears, that is all i care about.
post edited by arokhantos - 2021/03/06 02:52:36

Asus strix x570-e | r9 5950x h2o | AMD 6900 XT | 2x samsung 980 pro 2 tb | 2x 1 tb samsung 860 evo | 2x crucial mx500 2 tb |1x WD40EZRZ 4 tb | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1200W

BovineGamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/06 13:25:21 (permalink)
arokhantos
We dont even have hydro on our eu page for evga just look https://eu.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080

Now look at american page
https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+30+Series+Family&chipset=RTX+3080

All this time if been waiting for the hydro and it was only avaible to Americans Evga are you guys a bunch of morons or what, and yes i am fully aware you may remove my post i don't give a ****, as long it reaches evga ears, that is all i care about.

It is my belief that EVGA is no longer listing SKUs they know they cannot fullfill. The 3060 got just 1 SKU for europe and the Hydro cards are retail only. I think it's better not to create false expectations by opening up a queue that will never see any cards, we already have silent lines on the Gaming and Black variants, no need for more of those.
Armathyx
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/06 15:07:45 (permalink)
alandoy
alexmpl46
The statistics showing 1,72% of evga's whole GPUs production sent to Europe. That much evga care about european customers.

The comparison of the North American and European queues I did a few days ago, suggests that "for the most part" there is rough parity between the two region queues. For sure, something is definitely suspicious for the 3090 FTW3 Ultra as that consistently and repeatedly has fallen more and more behind the US counterpart, but that would be the only sku that I see the NA queues being massively favored over the EU. Also, the 3070 XC3 too is a little off as well - but not as much. 

I'd be as harsh as pretty much anyone here, but I can't really blame EVGA for much. They didn't create the shortage, and to the best of my knowledge they are the only board manufacturer who's gone out of their way to help ( or at least attempt) do something about it by introducing the queues. However, where we can find fault is the lack of information that's happened since. EVGA are no different in this respect than most other companies. They have all the "burn down rates", expected delivery schedules, etc.....and while I wouldn't expect things like "Hey your card will be shipped April 3rd", they could give general guidance to the community on what's happening, when they expect things to improve etc. That wouldn't be giving away "state secrets".

It might be easier to say nothing, but looking out for your customers should always be seen as the right thing to do. Unprecedented problems call for unprecedented thinking/solutions. 

Are you aware of how the 3060 queue went down in Europe?
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/06 15:42:29 (permalink)
Armathyx

Not sure I follow you Armathyx?

That said, its disappointing to see the choices not available in Europe which are there in North America. Even if I personally don't care too much about hydro, I'd still like to see the option available....if only for the people who do care. Perhaps EVGA will reverse that decision down the road?
I would like to think that if EVGA (or indeed any company) has any semblance of sense, if they see that there are people willing to part with their hard earned coin in a specific market that they'll create the product to match the demand. Hell they are in the game to make money! Walking away from customers doesn't seem to make sense to me, but perhaps there are not simply aren't enough customers in the domain to make it worthwhile. Sad though either way. 

Armathyx
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/06 16:25:36 (permalink)
alandoy
Armathyx

Not sure I follow you Armathyx?

That said, its disappointing to see the choices not available in Europe which are there in North America. Even if I personally don't care too much about hydro, I'd still like to see the option available....if only for the people who do care. Perhaps EVGA will reverse that decision down the road?
I would like to think that if EVGA (or indeed any company) has any semblance of sense, if they see that there are people willing to part with their hard earned coin in a specific market that they'll create the product to match the demand. Hell they are in the game to make money! Walking away from customers doesn't seem to make sense to me, but perhaps there are not simply aren't enough customers in the domain to make it worthwhile. Sad though either way. 

EVGA opened sales through the European website sometime during the first minutes of the 3060 release. They sold all the stock that was meant for our queue to bots and whoever was lucky enough to see the window of opportunity. That is why our queue is 2 seconds in while yours is 12 minutes in. While your queue might see several more minutes of movement during the next week, ours might be stuck for months in the first few seconds.

Do note that on top of queue priorities, you have employees who regularly visit this forum and update you with the NA situation. We don't have any of that.

It's good for you that you have priority and whatever. But these "be happy with what you got" posts coming from NA users to EU users are lame.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 05:52:40 (permalink)
Armathyx

EVGA opened sales through the European website sometime during the first minutes of the 3060 release. They sold all the stock that was meant for our queue to bots and whoever was lucky enough to see the window of opportunity. That is why our queue is 2 seconds in while yours is 12 minutes in. While your queue might see several more minutes of movement during the next week, ours might be stuck for months in the first few seconds.

Do note that on top of queue priorities, you have employees who regularly visit this forum and update you with the NA situation. We don't have any of that.
It's good for you that you have priority and whatever. But these "be happy with what you got" posts coming from NA users to EU users are lame.

Thank you for clarifying Armathyx. Just to be clear, I'm like you. I'm a customer waiting for a card in Europe. I don't work for EVGA nor do I have any insight into what is going on behind the scenes with how the cards are distributed. I do have some experience myself in mathematical modelling, and from that I'd like to think that we can infer things from the data that BovineGaming and others have tabulated, but sadly in reality we're simply guessing. Some of those guesses are "high probabilities" but they are, at the end of the day.... guesses. They could be right, but also they may be completely off the mark. I'd also echo what you mention that anyone posting "be happy with what you got" emails are lame. I'd very much see everyone, irrespective of market, to be in this together. No one market should get favored over another, and that's why it irks me when I see the imbalances that we know exist. We may not know the exact reason why, but we can see some (at least on the surface) imbalance for sure. Some will be downright mistakes - and that's ok. If opening up the website to bots in Europe was a mistake - someone should own that mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again. 

The problem I feel is compounded by the lack of information coming from EVGA. I've said it before, but they could go *a long way* in removing a lot of the frustration felt by being more open and transparent to the problems/challenges that they face. Some people speculate it's miners, some bots hitting the website, others GPU dies coming from the foundry or associated parts (DDR memory etc) from other suppliers, or even lack of available shipping resources.  I'm sure all these things are true to varying degrees at times - and if people knew the problems, they would be far (far!) more tolerant. But when people don't have any facts and we're left trying to infer/deduce things ourselves, that just raises disillusionment. 95% of people here are reasonable, smart minded customers. I'd trust in them! 

Armathyx
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 06:21:37 (permalink)
alandoy
Armathyx

Thank you for clarifying Armathyx. Just to be clear, I'm like you. I'm a customer waiting for a card in Europe. I don't work for EVGA nor do I have any insight into what is going on behind the scenes with how the cards are distributed. I do have some experience myself in mathematical modelling, and from that I'd like to think that we can infer things from the data that BovineGaming and others have tabulated, but sadly in reality we're simply guessing. Some of those guesses are "high probabilities" but they are, at the end of the day.... guesses. They could be right, but also they may be completely off the mark. I'd also echo what you mention that anyone posting "be happy with what you got" emails are lame. I'd very much see everyone, irrespective of market, to be in this together. No one market should get favored over another, and that's why it irks me when I see the imbalances that we know exist. We may not know the exact reason why, but we can see some (at least on the surface) imbalance for sure. Some will be downright mistakes - and that's ok. If opening up the website to bots in Europe was a mistake - someone should own that mistake and make sure it doesn't happen again. 

The problem I feel is compounded by the lack of information coming from EVGA. I've said it before, but they could go *a long way* in removing a lot of the frustration felt by being more open and transparent to the problems/challenges that they face. Some people speculate it's miners, some bots hitting the website, others GPU dies coming from the foundry or associated parts (DDR memory etc) from other suppliers, or even lack of available shipping resources.  I'm sure all these things are true to varying degrees at times - and if people knew the problems, they would be far (far!) more tolerant. But when people don't have any facts and we're left trying to infer/deduce things ourselves, that just raises disillusionment. 95% of people here are reasonable, smart minded customers. I'd trust in them! 

It's not a guess, it was confirmed by the German EVGA team on Twitter:

Translated:

"The first stock was sold out immediately after the launch due to successful orders. We therefore have to ask for a little patience at the moment."

It was also witnessed by several members here, some of which almost made it through paypal as well. Whether it was on purpose or not, we don't know, because like you said there is no transparency. The NA on the other hand doesn't have these issues, and they have Jabob informing them about what's going down with their queues.
Outofstock4ever
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 06:40:28 (permalink)
There's a thing i noticed, you can't really compare the minutes or seconds exactly between the EU and US queues. I got no problem signing in, but the US queue was impossible to sign in the first seconds or even minutes.

BovineGamer
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 08:49:51 (permalink)
Just 2 quick reminders:
- the people working on the spreadsheets and making the summaries do not work at EVGA, that includes ME
- data from my reports is based on self-reported emails, which we know at this point are much smaller in scale compared to NA

I do apreaciate that the community is always trying to figure out the logic of the queues, but do not take these small numbers at face value, they are certainly not representative of the reality, no matter how much the DE site messed up.
That is why I keep telling people to focus on the head of the queue rather than how many cards dropped.

A much better system appears to be the inbuilt global queue number that was discovered a few months ago and was mentioned on NA thread this week. Unfortunatley it appears to be global but still gives an idea of how far we are.
post edited by BovineGamer - 2021/03/07 09:03:32
exzzy
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 08:54:33 (permalink)
Outofstock4ever
There's a thing i noticed, you can't really compare the minutes or seconds exactly between the EU and US queues. I got no problem signing in, but the US queue was impossible to sign in the first seconds or even minutes.

I was telling that since start, even if you compare both queues min to min, i highly doubt that both have even remotely close density per minute. For 3060 i could easy reach site without any problem while NA was down(i was just curious why EU isn't down so i gone check NA).

12G-P5-3657-KR     2/25/2021 9:02:56 AM PT      No

08G-P5-3663-KR     1/19/2021 10:30:58 AM PT    No
Armathyx
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 12:34:11 (permalink)
BovineGamer
Just 2 quick reminders:
- the people working on the spreadsheets and making the summaries do not work at EVGA, that includes ME
- data from my reports is based on self-reported emails, which we know at this point are much smaller in scale compared to NA

I do apreaciate that the community is always trying to figure out the logic of the queues, but do not take these small numbers at face value, they are certainly not representative of the reality, no matter how much the DE site messed up.
That is why I keep telling people to focus on the head of the queue rather than how many cards dropped.

A much better system appears to be the inbuilt global queue number that was discovered a few months ago and was mentioned on NA thread this week. Unfortunatley it appears to be global but still gives an idea of how far we are.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Even if there are less people reporting their purchases here, the fact is that the NA queue has passed the 12 minute mark whereas EU is at 2 seconds. Is your point that there were as many people within those 2 seconds as there were people in the 12 minutes of the NA queue?
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 13:18:26 (permalink)
Armathyx

I'm not sure I understand your point. Even if there are less people reporting their purchases here, the fact is that the NA queue has passed the 12 minute mark whereas EU is at 2 seconds. Is your point that there were as many people within those 2 seconds as there were people in the 12 minutes of the NA queue?

It is more that with the *available data* it's difficult to say for sure one way or the other. It could be that there were simply more people on the EU queue in those first couple of minutes than the corresponding timeframe in the NA queue, or alternatively, EVGA allocated a lower number of cards than NA to move the queue along......so it didn't move as far. As outsiders looking in, we can't say for sure what is the reason. It's especially difficult at the start of the queue, where there are many things happening (when exactly the pages went live, etc) However, once the queue moves off "day zero" you can begin to infer certain things - but again, while you can suspect certain things.....that's not exactly definitive proof, only pointers. 

Also, I wasn't aware of that issue you posted Armathyx about the 3060 in Germany. Thanks for letting us know about the issues you posted above from Twitter. It sounds to me someone make a big screw up there! 

I'd agree with Bovine that focusing on the current position of the queue is the one consistent metric across regions. Even if you knew the number of cards dropping, it doesn't help as you don't know how many you have in the queue.  For example, if 1000 cards dropped today it might sound like a lot, but if you have 500,000 waiting....most of the orders are unfulfilled. I really wish EVGA would post some guidance, even if it's was a
    "Hang in there guys, we've got you covered and are working hard to resolve this. Expect things to improve in April"
it would go a long way. Silence is never the best policy IMHO. 
alexmpl46
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 14:42:48 (permalink)
alandoy

As we know from self-reported emails (that's the only information we have, EVGA doesn't even provide us any information) 18 emails send to EU and 1049 to US. Isn't 18 of 1049 equal to 1,71591992373 (lets say 1,72) of 100?

alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 14:54:34 (permalink)
It's a good question Alexmpl46. 

I don't have an definitive answer, but I can offer you my own theory...at least as I understand it. My suspicion is that we simply don't have the same number of people in Europe signing up for the spreadsheets. Sure, I realize that there are many Europeans here who speak English, but compared to the NA I think that many Europeans are not simply aware that there is an equivalent spreadsheet that they could sign up to and "be counted". I wasn't aware myself until December, when I saw a link to it. 

As a result, i think there are many people out there in Europe who are unknown to the spreadsheet, and it means that the EU queues tend to move in larger "jumps" than the NA one, when someone on the list reports in.  

So it's probably not right to say that since we have less emails, it means that less cards have shipped in EU. In fact, the reality could be that *more* cards have shipped.....but we haven't detected it. 

alexmpl46
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/07 15:15:56 (permalink)
18 of 1049 is equal to 1,71591992373 (lets say 1,72) of 100 and there isn't any doubt about that.
May your theory is correct.
But as i said before, with the numbers we have for now 1,72% of evga's whole production sent to europe.
When EVGA provide us some informations to let us know may this number change.

post edited by alexmpl46 - 2021/03/07 15:19:33
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 06:00:08 (permalink)
alexmpl46
18 of 1049 is equal to 1,71591992373 (lets say 1,72) of 100 and there isn't any doubt about that.
May your theory is correct.
But as i said before, with the numbers we have for now 1,72% of evga's whole production sent to europe.
When EVGA provide us some informations to let us know may this number change.

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that. There are no volumes in the above spreadsheets to compare across the queues. For example, if I have two hypothetical queues 

Queue x with 100 people on it
     Queue y with 1000 people on it 

And lets say 100 cards were manufactured in Taiwan, does it make sense to give 50% to each queue?

If you say yes, then 50 people in "Queue x" would get a card (i.e. half the people waiting in the queue) and 50 people in "Queue y".....i.e. 1/20th of the people? That wouldn't seem fair to the people in "Queue y".....would it? So I would think they allocate cards based on the size of the queues, and unfortunately we have no way in knowing the sizes. That's why BovineGaming and others are correct to focus on with the current position is in the queue, if it's Sept 25th or Oct 10th, etc. 

Lastly comparing across regions, for most skus, the EU queue position matches NA (+/- 1 or 2 days), so I think that EU is getting a good allocation (barring 3090 FTW3 which I mentioned earlier)
Outofstock4ever
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 07:07:12 (permalink)
I'm sorry but i don't agree with that, it should be in a first come first server basis not based on number of sign ups.

alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 08:19:31 (permalink)
Outofstock4ever
I'm sorry but i don't agree with that, it should be in a first come first server basis not based on number of sign ups.

LOL - I'm arguing the same thing! :-) Although it takes some effort to visualize why the size of the queue matters when you have a FIFO (First in First out) queues. You can't just divide down the number of cards produced by 2x and allocate equal amounts to each queue. It helps if you put some dates and some numbers on things. Let's say 100 people sign up for NA queue on Oct 1st and EU had 20 people.....etc. 

NA Queue             EU Queue             
Oct 1st                100                     20
Oct 2nd               90                       15
Oct 3rd                160                     15 
-----------------------------------------------------
Total                   350                      50

Let's say 100 cards were manufactured.....so if you allocate 50% of the cards to each queue, them the NA queue gets 50 cards and the EU queue gets 50 cards. Seems fair, right?
Well in that case everyone in the EU queue up to and including Oct 3rd gets a card, but only half the people on Oct 1st in the NA queue get a card. Meaning that it's NOT a first come , first served. People in EU queue who came along Oct 3rd are getting cards before Oct 2nd in the NA queue. So to be "fair" (subjective :-) what you would do is give above, 95% of the cards to the NA queue and 5% of the cards to the EU queue. Meaning that at the end of the day......most people in both NA and EU who signed up on Oct 1st got a card. 

I'm grossly simplifying it, but I think you get the point. The size of the queue matters as that (should) determine the % allocation to give to each region. Since we don't know the size, you can't easily determine the allocation. 

post edited by alandoy - 2021/03/08 08:27:31
Outofstock4ever
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 08:42:34 (permalink)
And i'm just saying it shouldn't matter what queue you are using, it should be who signed up first, period.
I'm lost on what you are saying, people that signed up way after me in US queue already have a card and me at 9:01 still am empty handed.

All those percentages should be irrelevant. Or i am misinterpreting you or you are agreeing with me in moment and desagreeing the next.

alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 08:54:14 (permalink)
I'm 100% agreeing with you "OutOfStock4ever". It should be first come, first served - end of story! :-) 

But a few people are saying that "ohh we're only getting 1.72% of the allocation" and I'm trying to explain to them why that allocation might actually be correct, because they are making sure that we adhere to the "first come first served". With different queue sizes between NA and EU they won't divide down the middle the cards evenly. If they did that would (probably) be unfair unless it just so happened to have exactly the same sizes across both. it's hard to explain and visualize the math. I obviously didn't do a good job there. 

All that said, there are some deviations and the 3090 as I noted is the most obvious example. People have signed up for that in NA mid October and have gotten cards, while us in Europe (myself included) are on Sept 25th. Other skus though seem to be more aligned across regions - so I can't say that it's ALL skus that are unbalanced. 
Outofstock4ever
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 12:53:09 (permalink)
That said i already mentioned as i was watching this at launch for the 3060, i think they had problems signing into the site in US, in the EU we didn't, so that may complicate the comparations.

BovineGamer
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/08 15:54:15 (permalink)
Good Evening, here is the daily status for the EU queues. Yes I know it comes VERY late today. But it's amazing how RL tgroubles tend to pille up.
The 3060 is almost reaching the first minute, the queue should continue to be active for the next weeks while stocks last.
Many thanks to Epsolike for compiling the 3060 dates on the Discord.

Name                     SKU           Latest Emailed Date
3090 FTW3 Ultra     3987          9/25/2020 3:03:00 AM PT
3080 XC3 Ultra       3885          9/17/2020 8:35:00 AM PT
3080 FTW3 Ultra     3897          9/17/2020 7:43:29 AM PT
3070 XC3 Black      3751          10/29/2020 6:15:19 AM PT
3070 XC3 Ultra       3755          10/29/2020 6:44 AM PT
3070 FTW3 Ultra     3767          10/29/2020 6:23:43 AM PT
3060 Ti XC Gaming  3663         12/6/2020 12:55:48 AM PT
3060 TI FTW           3667         12/05/2020 11:32:26 PM PT
3060 XC Gaming     3657         2/25/2021 09:00:40 AM PT

As usual, I will be back tomorrow if more timestamps show up. Best of luck for the watchers.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/09 06:20:27 (permalink)
Well what do you know! I was beginning to give up hope. 

After nearly 6 months waiting, I got (and ordered) my 3090 FTW3 Ultra this morning. For those of you wondering, it was €1,870.64 inclusive of VAT in Ireland. Looks like they honored the pre-pricehike too. Sweet!
Purchasing experience was OK. They prepopulate the shipping address fields from your account info in EVGA, so do ensure that what you have in there is correct as you can't edit it in the purchasing form (you have to go back, edit your account, and then restart the purchase). It was fine, but a little cumbersome and naturally you don't want the card going to the wrong address! 

I suspect there was a huge drop of FTW3 3090's ultras this morning, as while I was next in the spreadsheet.....I was a full 1.5 days after the last confirmed report, though with the small numbers of people in the spreadsheet, it could (for all we know) previously stopped 1 minute before me, and not 1.5 days. I'm hoping that this drop of 3090's goes a long way to address the 3090 FTW Ultra imbalance that I wrote about previously. (Sure I got my card, but I'd like to see others also treated fairly too!)
post edited by alandoy - 2021/03/09 06:22:47
Timbonator
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/09 06:39:57 (permalink)
Nice, good to hear EU is also getting some, let's hope all people receiving the card update the spreadsheet as well so that we can more insight in the EU queue's. Enjoy your card!
rsabatino
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1169
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/09 06:42:29 (permalink)
exzzy
They hate us.

they hate everybody

Operation System   Microsoft Windows 11 Pro    Processor   AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor    Memory   24.2 GB Free (31.9 GB Total)    Graphics Card   NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (8.0 GB)    Monitor   HP 32 Display (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz)    Disk Storage   5240.5 GB Free of 6542.2 GB    Audio   NVIDIA High Definition Audio    Motherboard   ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. (ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI))    Mouse   Razer BlackWidow V3 Tenkeyless    Keyboard   Razer Viper

Indodraakje
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/09 08:29:13 (permalink)
alandoy
Well what do you know! I was beginning to give up hope. 

After nearly 6 months waiting, I got (and ordered) my 3090 FTW3 Ultra this morning. For those of you wondering, it was €1,870.64 inclusive of VAT in Ireland. Looks like they honored the pre-pricehike too. Sweet!
Purchasing experience was OK. They prepopulate the shipping address fields from your account info in EVGA, so do ensure that what you have in there is correct as you can't edit it in the purchasing form (you have to go back, edit your account, and then restart the purchase). It was fine, but a little cumbersome and naturally you don't want the card going to the wrong address! 

I suspect there was a huge drop of FTW3 3090's ultras this morning, as while I was next in the spreadsheet.....I was a full 1.5 days after the last confirmed report, though with the small numbers of people in the spreadsheet, it could (for all we know) previously stopped 1 minute before me, and not 1.5 days. I'm hoping that this drop of 3090's goes a long way to address the 3090 FTW Ultra imbalance that I wrote about previously. (Sure I got my card, but I'd like to see others also treated fairly too!)

Congratz with your card! I do not see your entry in the spreadsheet! Could you please put in your details? :) so we all can have hope for a RTX 30 Series card! (personally 3090 for me)

Have fun! Keep us up to date if you do need to send in extra info to the carrier :)

24G-P5-3987-KR 2/4/2021 1:37:52 AM PT No
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/09 08:32:14 (permalink)
I'm in under "Bullit_Dodger" for the 3090 ultra. I went looking to see how I can update it, but it was non-editable for me. Perhaps Bovine has locked it?
Indodraakje
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/03/09 08:46:42 (permalink)
alandoy
I'm in under "Bullit_Dodger" for the 3090 ultra. I went looking to see how I can update it, but it was non-editable for me. Perhaps Bovine has locked it?

Go to "your previous responses"?

24G-P5-3987-KR 2/4/2021 1:37:52 AM PT No
Page: << < ..4647484950.. > >> Showing page 48 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile