EVGA

Helpful ReplyWhat is happening to EVGA forums?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10103
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/24 23:36:33 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Report post is the best way to get the attention of any available Mod

-- when you believe Forums software is being abused or Spam is being generated - Please report it

The "wayward member" will get more attention than they probably want

and a PM something like this......  and put on the short list with a Warning that is documented as a first step toward more permanent actions

Your Posts

We know people want Elite status in the Hope that it will help them get a GPU. 

However your actions will force us to Ban you or permanently remove Elite status from you. 

I do not want that to happen, so please follow the 3 simple rules below

1) Make sure to understand and clearly follow the EVGA Terms of Use.
2) Make sure your post contribute to the EVGA forums and have meaningful content.  
3) Random or off topic posts are not allowed and will receive a warning.  continued abuse will result in account being suspended.

Your Post does Not comply with EVGA Terms of Use and has been deleted

Specifically:
Abusing Forum Software - Using the forum's software and features to harass or troll others, violate the TOS, or use the features in a manner not intended by EVGA is strictly prohibited.  This includes the use of E-mail and Private Messages to harass or discuss illegal activities with other members.  Likewise, using the post rating system or Ticket system to harass or troll members is prohibited.  EVGA can review PM's and E-Mails sent through the forums, as well as use other tools to investigate whether the forum software is being abused.  Repeated abuse of the software or features of the EVGA forums may lead to a loss of posting privileges.

Please make sure all of your future post comply with the EVGA Terms of Use
Thank you

This is 100% right. You report a post and the next mod to visit the forums will see the ticket and investigate the post.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

soychulo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/26 20:13:26 (permalink)
I bought an evga mb years back and made an account to learn how to oc.  Made plenty of posts.  Came back looking to upgrade my gpu and saw what was needed to gain elite status.  Yet my account showed "0" posts.  Good times.  Working on a new build, but imo many of evga's products outside of gpus are not as compelling as they once were, especially compared to some other brands.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/26 20:17:15 (permalink)
soychulo
I bought an evga mb years back and made an account to learn how to oc.  Made plenty of posts.  Came back looking to upgrade my gpu and saw what was needed to gain elite status.  Yet my account showed "0" posts.  Good times.  Working on a new build, but imo many of evga's products outside of gpus are not as compelling as they once were, especially compared to some other brands.

Their is not really a NEED "to gain elite status." You can still buy cards as they come it to Stock.
It has been a long time size the Elite Only Graphics Cards were in stock.
See Featured Bundles as you said it has been a long time so you should look at a Motherboard + Graphics Card Combo.
This to will give the Elite Status after you Register them and then sign up for the Elite Membership Program.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/26 20:20:09

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/26 22:24:03 (permalink)
soychulo

I think other Evga products are pretty good too. Mice, Cases, Motherboards, PSU's, etc.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
harmattan
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 01:15:55 (permalink)
Nereus
duckpond
what makes you believe those who are trying to get past 100 posts are miners? I'm not, just looking to get a 1080ti for gaming after several years of gaming exodus only to be met with scandalous pricing

Because most of them have said so lol. You're pretty much one of the exceptions, so good luck and welcome to the forums, I hope you stick around.

I don't know about that.  I surprisingly only had 23 posts, but have been a lurker and a member since 2006 (older than most members, including all the mods).  I'd say better to allow only members with a combination of post count and registered cards (although the last card I officially registered was a 9800 GTX which doesn't even appear  in my acct anymore -- I normally hold onto my cards for a while so no point in stepping up).

Time was, I used to just take the Suzuki Sidekick (soft top) down to my local HiFi/Short Wave/Haberdashery shop and pick up a fine EVGA product.  Now, I need to hedge my bets due to the mining plague. 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 01:30:00 (permalink)
soychulo

Lots of people will agree with you on that. EVGA bread and butter is graphics cards. EVGA makes the custom PCB themselves. Last i heard EVGA doesn't mfg it's own motherboard, like the top 4 motherboard mfg do (ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE
MSI). I think that's the reason they seem to always lag behind the top 4 mobo mfg, when it comes to offering the newest features (single latching Ram slots, latest Realtek audio chip, onboard RGB etc). If you look back when mobo mfg first offered those features, you will notice evga was like 6-8 months late offering them or missed a motherboard generation before they offered it.

In my opinion, not one mfg makes the best of every piece of hardware.

harmattan
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 04:38:10 (permalink)
MSim
soychulo

Lots of people will agree with you on that. EVGA bread and butter is graphics cards. EVGA makes the custom PCB themselves. Last i heard EVGA doesn't mfg it's own motherboard, like the top 4 motherboard mfg do (ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE
MSI). I think that's the reason they seem to always lag behind the top 4 mobo mfg, when it comes to offering the newest features (single latching Ram slots, latest Realtek audio chip, onboard RGB etc). If you look back when mobo mfg first offered those features, you will notice evga was like 6-8 months late offering them or missed a motherboard generation before they offered it.

EVGA cards, PSUs and peripherals are second to none in my exp, with great service.  I will never buy, however, another Mobo after the spawn of satan that was the 680i SLI.  I RMA'ed/replaced that thing 3 times and the last one ruined $600 in components. Good to know EVGA didn't manufacture it.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 09:32:05 (permalink)
EVGA Makes Great Motherboards.

dkoykoala
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 10:17:01 (permalink)
the price of change.

i love you~ 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 16:57:19 (permalink)
harmattan
MSim
soychulo

EVGA cards, PSUs and peripherals are second to none in my exp, with great service.  I will never buy, however, another Mobo after the spawn of satan that was the 680i SLI.  I RMA'ed/replaced that thing 3 times and the last one ruined $600 in components. Good to know EVGA didn't manufacture it.

EVGA peripherals are not well known, we don't see popular reviewers testing them or even mentioning them at all. Have you seen evga mice make it to any popular reviewers top 10 list. EVGA designs it's own motherboards but uses another company to mfg it. If that product messes up, do you blame the mfg or the company that design the mobo?

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 17:46:04 (permalink)
soychulo

Make sure you are using the same account/email address as before. Many years back, evga also migrated to a new forum, and your posts may have been in a legacy forum.
soychulo
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 19:21:16 (permalink)
XrayMan
soychulo

I think other Evga products are pretty good too. Mice, Cases, Motherboards, PSU's, etc.

I get that they may be quality, but I can think of brands at this point with my experience I would prefer.  Corsair has some great cases.  Didn't think I'd like the glass cases out, but they have one that looks amazing.  MB's- of all the builds I've done ASUS has been rock solid.  

bcavnaugh
soychulo

Their is not really a NEED "to gain elite status." You can still buy cards as they come it to Stock.
It has been a long time size the Elite Only Graphics Cards were in stock.
See Featured Bundles as you said it has been a long time so you should look at a Motherboard + Graphics Card Combo.
This to will give the Elite Status after you Register them and then sign up for the Elite Membership Program.

I'm waiting for a MB upgrade honestly.  Feel like I need to see more features mature with the next chipset(Optane memory, m.2 ssd, etc)

At one point it felt necessary to build a new rig every few years, but PC games worth upgrading for have slowed to a crawl.  Lots of early access stuff and not quite finished releases with poor optimization.  May just end up waiting a couple of months to get in early on the next gen.  Really seeing no rationalization for buying end of cycle gpus for a premium price.  Seriously are 1080 and 1080Ti still being manufactured, if so are they within weeks/months of that ceasing?

trthskr4
  • Total Posts : 67
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/27 20:36:08 (permalink)
It's not just EVGA's forums that have become a cesspool.  Nvidia's forums are similar though not as bad due to there not being a "rewards" program that isn't really a program at all without actual stock for rewards.  The sad thing is all the tension, anger and cannibalism (yes i said cannibalism because we're coming down to eating our own) that's being caused by a market problem.  I've got a $3,000 USD doorstop waiting for the funds to buy an overpriced EOL graphics card or buy an under performing card and spending that plus a later GPU that will do what I need.  I'm finding constructive ways to deal with the issue, like sleeving all my own cables, cable management, mods to the rig, etc. in the mean time.  I think the shortage goes way deeper than miners but the manufacturers would rather have us at each other's throats than theirs.  Reporting useless posts is the best suggestion I've seen yet and will begin doing that myself.  Mods will just have to ask for a raise to their volunteer salary ;-D.  And before a comment is made, I already have my Elite status. 

harmattan
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 00:18:26 (permalink)
MSim
harmattan
MSim
soychulo

EVGA peripherals are not well known, we don't see popular reviewers testing them or even mentioning them at all. Have you seen evga mice make it to any popular reviewers top 10 list. EVGA designs it's own motherboards but uses another company to mfg it. If that product messes up, do you blame the mfg or the company that design the mobo?

In the case of the 680i/780i, I absolutely blame the designer (NVidia designed this board, not EVGA) because the actual design was flawed (Foxconn built the boards to spec). To a lesser extent, I blame the reseller (EVGA) who continued to sell, and ostensibly to support, a seriously flawed product.

On the peripherals, I'm going from my own experience all of which have been good.
LinTommy18
  • Total Posts : 97
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 07:24:55 (permalink)
I mean there still parts of the forum that is still useful
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 07:26:57 (permalink)
LinTommy18
I mean there still parts of the forum that is still useful

Fewer and fewer with all your mindless spam.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Kingslayer_The
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 11:56:45 (permalink)
I really wish there was a moderated board where we could post other information (pics of build, steam UI cap, etc.) to show that we are not miners in order to be able to purchase GPUs. I bought a 780 for my last build, and acquired another to SLI, but now I am stuck on a new build because of the miners and forced to explore the Elite membership as an avenue to get a card. I really don't like joining forums and making posts just to get that status, because it dilutes the board for serious contributors, but that's where we are. I wish major retailers would take a stronger hand in the miners grabbing up anything and everything so that no core customers can get product.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 12:06:53 (permalink)
Kingslayer_The
I really wish there was a moderated board where we could post other information (pics of build, steam UI cap, etc.) to show that we are not miners in order to be able to purchase GPUs. I bought a 780 for my last build, and acquired another to SLI, but now I am stuck on a new build because of the miners and forced to explore the Elite membership as an avenue to get a card. I really don't like joining forums and making posts just to get that status, because it dilutes the board for serious contributors, but that's where we are. I wish major retailers would take a stronger hand in the miners grabbing up anything and everything so that no core customers can get product.

Their is under EVGA MODS RIGS Their is a lot more here on the Forum Other then the issue of the Elite.
Create a MODS RIGS here Link Login with the same user name and password you use here on the Forum.
But it is not going to help you to buy anything, But you could still win a 1000 EVGA Bucks
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/28 12:09:25

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 12:59:18 (permalink)
Kingslayer_The

In addition to what bcavnaugh said, to be more clear, there are no Elite cards in stock and there haven't been for more than a month. Elite membership in no way improves your purchasing odds. So, please, everyone, stop trying so hard to reach Elite status.

What does improve your odds:
1) For the last month, almost every day, Jacob posts restock notifications with links in the following thread: https://forums.evga.com/G...tock-ETA-m2748728.aspx . All of the restocks for the last month are "regular" cards; that is to say that none require Elite status.
2) Sign up for auto-notify alerts in EVGA's store for whichever video card interests you. You will receive an email alert from EVGA when the card is stocked. https://www.evga.com/prod...roductlist.aspx?type=0
3) Sign up for email, text, and/or browser alerts at: https://www.nowinstock.ne...ers/videocards/nvidia/ .

How can we make this clear to everyone and stop the forum spam?!? There are NO ELITE CARDS IN STOCK and haven't been for a long time. There are no video cards waiting on the other side of a wall of spam.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2018/02/28 13:04:04

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 14:00:39 (permalink)
ty_ger07

How can we make this clear to everyone and stop the forum spam?!? There are NO ELITE CARDS IN STOCK and haven't been for a long time. There are no video cards waiting on the other side of a wall of spam.

But I read it ON (fill in the blank) so it must be True 
         " that EVGA is selling Elite GPU everyday and has plenty for one and All"

(fill in the blank) -- options
reddit
twitter
facebook
internet
.......... other .....

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 14:02:52 (permalink)

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10337
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 14:26:56 (permalink)
Cool GTX
ty_ger07

But I read it ON (fill in the blank) so it must be True 
         " that EVGA is selling Elite GPU everyday and has plenty for one and All"

(fill in the blank) -- options
reddit
twitter
facebook
internet
.......... other .....

Sounds about right...

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 17:56:04 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Kingslayer_The

In addition to what bcavnaugh said, to be more clear, there are no Elite cards in stock and there haven't been for more than a month. Elite membership in no way improves your purchasing odds. So, please, everyone, stop trying so hard to reach Elite status.

What does improve your odds:
1) For the last month, almost every day, Jacob posts restock notifications with links in the following thread: https://forums.evga.com/G...tock-ETA-m2748728.aspx . All of the restocks for the last month are "regular" cards; that is to say that none require Elite status.
2) Sign up for auto-notify alerts in EVGA's store for whichever video card interests you. You will receive an email alert from EVGA when the card is stocked. https://www.evga.com/prod...roductlist.aspx?type=0
3) Sign up for email, text, and/or browser alerts at: https://www.nowinstock.ne...ers/videocards/nvidia/ .

I think some people are going for elite because they can get a discount.
post edited by Sajin - 2018/02/28 17:57:44
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/28 18:49:13 (permalink)
Kingslayer_The

Trust me you can't diluted this forum anymore than it already is. 

Thanks to miners, i bet will see Nvidia jack up the price on it's new GPU being released later this year.

soychulo
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/01 07:37:09 (permalink)
MSim
Kingslayer_The

Trust me you can't diluted this forum anymore than it already is. 

Thanks to miners, i bet will see Nvidia jack up the price on it's new GPU being released later this year.

Already being speculated.
https://wccftech.com/rumor-nvidias-gtx-2080-flagship-graphics-cards-will-be-priced-significantly-upwards-of-699-msr-up-to-1500/

Yuck!

Kingslayer_The
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/01 12:10:02 (permalink)
Junkogen
Maybe they should have a sticky announcement warning would-be elite status spammers that elite cards are out of stock. I think some are under the impression that there is a secret stash available. It might help clean up these forums, eh?

I think most 100 comment seekers like myself understand by ~50 that there isn't any current stock, but still see it as a away to potentially get a card at some point. I have dual 780s and am building a new build for my birthday, but EVGA doesn't allow status for that, so I'm here in the forums. I don't know about others, but I've made an effort to stay in the general section in non-technical posts and stay within the thread subject matters so I don't unnecessarily dilute the forums for people who frequent them legitimately. Most of us our better viewed as temporary GPU refugees than invaders.
lostinthought
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/26 12:04:15 (permalink)
I agree that it sucks that they have the 100 post thing that spams up these forums. But, it is also stupid that you can't buy anything without having already bought something. What about the people who are just starting out and trying to get a good GPU. We should have to suffer and pay outrageous pricing because we haven't bought one before? That isn't fair at all. I get that it is a way for miners to not hog all the products, but there has to be a middle ground here.
a11out
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/26 17:53:28 (permalink)
Guilty, I registered here to get elite status. I'm aware that the elite stash is gone, but I consider it an investment into the future. EVGA is a great company and it would be nice to get good deals from them later on. Even if it is a year from now. 

As for 1080ti, or any other GPU right now, I'm not desperate to buy it. Sure, my EVGA 680 GTX 4bg is begging for retirement, but it can work for one more year, I think.

The least I can do it to promise you all that my posts will be meaningful. :) I rarely see tech forums as active and friendly as this one. 
post edited by a11out - 2018/03/26 17:57:32
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 04:43:57 (permalink)
a11out
Guilty, I registered here to get elite status. I'm aware that the elite stash is gone, but I consider it an investment into the future. EVGA is a great company and it would be nice to get good deals from them later on. Even if it is a year from now. 

As for 1080ti, or any other GPU right now, I'm not desperate to buy it. Sure, my EVGA 680 GTX 4bg is begging for retirement, but it can work for one more year, I think.

The least I can do it to promise you all that my posts will be meaningful. :) I rarely see tech forums as active and friendly as this one. 

If you think evga forums is active, you should check out the links below. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/
http://www.overclock.net/forum/index.php

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/03/27 05:18:18 (permalink)
MSim

EVGA's primary market is as an Nvidia AIB partner. The tinkering with motherboard and peripherals doesn't have much market recognition.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile