EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!X15 random disconnects?

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
iDrizzt
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/04/15 08:24:25 (permalink)
Hey guys,

Ever since the last firmware update for the X15 my mouse has been randomly disconnecting, then a few seconds and it reconnects, making that windows usb connected device sound when it happens. I've had this mouse for a good few months and not had any connectivity issues until this most recent firmware update. Is this a known issue, is there anything I can do to fix it?
Bensikrac
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/15 15:14:28 (permalink)
Yeah I have the same issue, that it randomly disconnects. It doesn't matter what you are doing (Doing nothing, or playing games)  I have tried some fixes:
  •  Reset the settings multiple times
  •  Changed every possible setting, be it button assignment or RGB speed, since on the firmware installation it reset all settings and was a bit wonky, so I thought the problem might be there.
  • Tried different ports (USB 2.0 / 3.0) on 2.0 it freezes, on 3.0 I didn't wait enough, since I am almost out of ports and needed it for an USB stick.
    • USB ports shouldn't make a difference, since the X15 only has 4 pins in its connector, not using the 3.0 extra pins. Also apparently it is still connected to the same USB controller on the mainboard. This also can be verified by the same browser measured polling rate (around 3000Hz) and same input lag (unscientific method of doing reaction time tests and comparing the average of them) (May edit this later if the issue persist on the 3.0 port)
Another thing I noticed is that after the firmware update I get massive FPS drops in Valorant when moving the mouse (like 30fps for 3 frames). It only happens on higher (>1000Hz) polling rates. The CPU render time goes up to 50ms, which then causes the drops. (Also tested on 2 different USB ports)
My PC specs aren't bad, so it shouldn't be possible to overload the CPU with USB packets:
  • Ryzen 7 5800x
  • RTX 3070
  • 3000Mhz 32Gb CL16 RAM
  • Aorus B550m Pro-P
  • (My build on Modsrigs is very outdated, since I upgraded it recently)
It would be helpful if EVGA could add the possibility of rolling back, or freely flashing firmware versions, due to it being a mild annoyance and the old firmware worked perfectly fine. (Luckily it didn't disconnect in an important moment during a game)
dr. husam
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/16 01:01:55 (permalink)
I have the same issue after the update, the x15 will randomly disconnect and reconnect with the error message "USB device not recognized". I have to unplug the mouse from the computer and re-plug it for it to work again. 

Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/17 12:07:28 (permalink)
Update:
It is confirmed that it also happens on an USB 3.0 port. I only tested it on 8000Hz polling rate.
Also I have captured the event on USBLogView if it is of any use for troubleshooting. As you can see it disconnects for a second, only to be reconnected again shortly after.
Edit: It also happens on 1000hz polling rate on USB 3.0 aswell
post edited by Bensikrac - 2022/04/17 13:34:22
Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/18 14:08:02 (permalink)
I'll be doing further tests with it to help EVGA finally fix the issue:
It also happens on 125Hz polling rate, now on an USB 2.0 port. I will now test it on a 3.0 port, but needing 125Hz would be bad since it is under my current monitor refresh rate of 144Hz.
Also on a side note I saw a video somewhere where they measured the click to photon latency with different polling rates and also measured the USB wire with the oscilloscope and then came to the conclusion, that even though the polling rate was set low, the USB transfer was still occurring at the highest polling rate.
Screenshot of disconnect attached.
Edit: after moving the plug to USB 3.0 approx 15 seconds later it froze aswell. I'll wait for a second one for confirmation
Edit2: happened again on 3.0
post edited by Bensikrac - 2022/04/18 15:51:01
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/19 07:07:15 (permalink)
I just update firmware and Unleash will see if I get the problem. before I had it having all this symptoms than strangely went away. Now all I can do is wait. 

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/20 12:09:51 (permalink)
Yeah it is still happening, but it has like 3 variations:
  1. Hearing a windows disconnect sound, but still responding and LEDs stay on, with the profile select led turning on (rare)
  2. Hearing disconnect sound, LEDs go off, reconnect sound sometimes, profile led turns on, not responding (no mouse movement)
  3. Disconnect, with the error message, windows couldn't recognize the device. (Happened only once when starting VirtualBox)
And I have also looked at the FPS drops in Valorant with a driver latency monitor, and in theory, the drivers are fast enough, so that it shouldn't drop the FPS. And apparently every poll causes an ISR (Interrupt service routine) in the framework driver. (Around 800k polls in 100 seconds for the 8k polling rate, if moving around mouse.)(This is how I also determined that the ISR count is responsible for handling mouse interrupts, since when moving the mouse the count rises faster.) So by this I can say, that the mouse is sending around 8000 packets per second to the controller, which is it's advertised speed. It also doesn't send too many, which was my suspicion, since that could cause problems, like the USB controller disconnecting it. I still suspect that the firmware is somehow broken and overloads the controller in the mouse itself for a little too long, which then causes missing packets, which then breaks the link. Here is the image of the latency monitor:

Here is the test for 100 seconds without touching the mouse and keyboard:

Apparently it adds a whole 5 seconds to process the requests over the 100 measured seconds, which is quite a lot. But since I think it is handled over a single CPU core, and I have 8 (16 threads) of them, the interrupts account for a whole 0,625% of the available computing power, if only the physical cores are counted.
So I still don't really have an idea what is causing the FPS drops and the disconnects, but I am hopeful that my observations can help figuring out the problem.
MaikoRain
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/20 18:00:29 (permalink)
I had this problem with 2 of my x15 on two different computers. 
I had this on both of them, which is what it recommends to update to:

Drivers and BIOS

Driver Version: 1.0.15.0
Release Date: 4/11/2022
Driver File: 
Unleash RGB Release Notes v1.0.15.0
  • Fix debounce issue with Z15

So i searched online and someone recommended downgrading to an earlier version.
I downgraded to Firmware version v1.28 for windows 10, which i have.
I dont know if it matters why the new drivers say only windows 11. After that I've had no issues at all.
Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/20 23:37:41 (permalink)
How do you downgrade firmware, since there is no option for it in unleash? Do you install a way older version of unleash or how?
Edit: by the way it doesn't matter that the driver (Unleash Software) only says windows 11 because when you look in the download center every version is backwards compatible up to windows 7 (idk why windows 8 is missing) due to the download link being the same.
post edited by Bensikrac - 2022/04/21 03:26:02
MaikoRain
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/21 05:39:27 (permalink)
I don't remember where I got it, but yea I Uninstalled unleash and re installed an older version. I might have found the drivers around this forum somewhere. When I get home from work I'll look around.
MaikoRain
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/21 17:15:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2023/03/23 08:54:37
Bensikrac
How do you downgrade firmware, since there is no option for it in unleash? Do you install a way older version of unleash or how?
Edit: by the way it doesn't matter that the driver (Unleash Software) only says windows 11 because when you look in the download center every version is backwards compatible up to windows 7 (idk why windows 8 is missing) due to the download link being the same.

Ok I uninstalled unleash and installed an older version.
I have x15 mouse Firmware V1.28
Unleash v1.0.8

My mouse has been working fine since then
Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/22 04:03:50 (permalink)
MaikoRain
Unleash v1.0.8

Did you have the v1.34 firmware installed on your mouse already before downgrading or did you just install an older unleash? Because I don't get the option to downgrade the firmware to V1.28, and even uninstalling and installing older unleashes doesn't downgrade my mouse.
iamSneaky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/23 19:42:04 (permalink)
Bensikrac
MaikoRain
Unleash v1.0.8

Did you have the v1.34 firmware installed on your mouse already before downgrading or did you just install an older unleash? Because I don't get the option to downgrade the firmware to V1.28, and even uninstalling and installing older unleashes doesn't downgrade my mouse.

Honestly, it makes no difference, happened to me with older versions of Unleash and older Firmware
as well as the latest Firmware. Tends to happen for me mostly when I play a game and at the most
inconvenient times (figures).
Kind of figuring there is something hardware related otherwise there is really no excuse for EVGA
to not have fixed this yet with Software/Firmware updates.
Sad really as I actually like the mouse all up but this issue is too much of a pain to have to constantly deal with.
Went back to my Corsair Scimitar yesterday.

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

Lupini
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/29 18:22:12 (permalink)
I wasn't having problems until the latest firmware update, and now I'm getting disconnected frequently.  This issue kind of defeats having a gaming mouse for gaming.  I now don't trust the mouse enough to be in any sort of structured group content because they can't count on me.

Rolling back the Unleashed software didn't help.  I really liked the circular layout of these buttons--I could just roll my thumb to hit a button.  But I'm looking at other gaming mice now.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/29 19:41:46 (permalink)
Have you tried making sure that the motherboard drivers are the latest version and the latest bios? I remember hearing that some AMD users had problems with USB devices.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Niku-Sama
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/04/29 22:30:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2023/03/23 08:57:26
I dont know if you saw in my thread but i had sent mine in for an RMA and i got a different one back.
when i plugged it in it wanted to update the firmware and i told it no, and used it for about a week with out any issues.

i had to change some mouse settings for a game i started playing again and had to install the firmware and while its only been a few days it still seems to be working fine

i think you should hit them up for an RMA, their process is a little different but when you get to where you need to be it wont be so bad. i wasnt in a hurry so i sent it pretty cheap but it only took a few days to get the replacement.

i had found my old mouse to use in the mean time but i was getting ready to hit up a thrift/charity shop for something to use if i didnt have it still.

If something changes i'll update my thread but if you dont see any news then its working still
Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/02 10:39:06 (permalink)
I have RMAd it, and it seems to work fine with V1.28 firmware. Didn't update Unleash to 1.0.15.0 though, since it would have flashed a newer firmware to the mouse. For the issue with the FPS drops in Valorant I have figured out, that I didn't enable the raw input buffer in the settings, which fixed the issue, that 8000 polling rate really dropped the FPS sometimes.
Here is the setting:
Also about the RMA:
I was literally forced to do it, since I managed to brick the firmware of the mouse. I wanted to flash the firmware back to V1.28, where the problems didn't exist. I figured out, that in the Unleash installation directory there is this FirmwareUpdate.exe. I only needed the command line arguments for it, to make it work, which I got from venturing a little into reverse engineering. I tried running it, but it always failed, due to some unknown error. Therefore as dumb as I am I started calling random methods to debug the issue. I got to the point where the mouse would reset and reconnect, which was good. The only thing I failed at, is that after calling another method, the mouse wouldn't reset anymore. Even after plugging it back in, it would stay off. I thought, I had broke it. In my despair, I did some quick googling to figure out, that by pressing the scroll wheel while plugging in the mouse, it would enter some kind of recovery state, thereby being recognized again by windows. Though without functionality, by searching the vendor ID out of device manager for the newly connected USB device, I got to know the company that makes the microcontrollers for the mouse, which in this case is NXP Semiconductors. They have a thing called blhost, with that you can talk to the mouse and flash firmware onto it. I tried to flash the binary files found in the Unleash directory, but it didn't work either. I tried hard to figure out, why it didn't work, but I couldn't. So as the last resort I asked the support, if they could maybe help me reflash the mouse. They said, that I need to RMA the mouse, which I found a little bit counterproductive, since at that time I still thought, that it is a software only issue. In hindsight, the disconnects could have also been caused by a hardware defect, which would also explain, why the mouse wouldn't turn on anymore, even though I didn't call the flash firmware method while debugging. So finally I agreed to the RMA, which worked flawlessly, so I have another X15 now (which has the V1.28 firmware luckily).
In conclusion this was all caused by the fact, that there is no real way to revert the firmware to previous versions using some sort of tool provided by EVGA. So it would be helpful to provide some sort of tool do troubleshoot this kind of situation, to prevent unnecessary RMAs.

BTW, I am still wondering, if it was a software or hardware defect, and/or why flashing the binary, that the FirmwareUpdate.exe also flashes, doesn't work, since I am quite interested in computer science and electronics.
iamSneaky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/04 05:08:27 (permalink)
Bensikrac, I applaud you for going to such lengths to troubleshoot the issue.
Seems as though you have done FAR MORE than EVGA have even attempted.
The fact of the matter is that this should NOT be necessary!
EVGA should be doing a call back with free shipping and then refund or ship back ONLY after
they have remedied the issue.
EVGA are actually good when they have random RMA issues with products but if there is
a definite fault with a particular line of product they always end up screwing over the customer.
I'm still sour over the X79 FTW motherboard fiasco where I got screwed over for hundreds of dollars
in postage RMAing faulty boards only to be told I had to spend hundreds more to be
upgraded to the working X79 Dark.
Sadly, I've now gotten to the point where the only EVGA product I will even consider buying are there GPU's.
That is one component they have been consistently on top with.
Please EVGA, start R&Ding your products more before release!

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/04 05:25:14 (permalink)
Well luckily I got it for free from a giveaway on their stream, so I only paid 5€ in package cost back to EVGA. I could have even gone with like 3€, but that was uninsured and untracked, which was a little too risky. And honestly, doing all that stuff just to fix it, was a learning experience for me, since I want to become a software/hardware engineer of some sorts. And also a distraction from learning for the Abitur, which are the final exams of the school in Germany. But I still find it, that if EVGA f*ed up something, they are also obliged to fix it.
Saberous
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/05 12:49:20 (permalink)
So I take it EVGA hasn't even admitted that there is an issue with it's software/mouse? Thinking software as that's what my testing points too.

Any who. Since after the Unleash RGB update to v.1.0.15 and two firmware updates on 4/11/2022.  I've been having the x15 mouse just randomly disconnecting and the Unleash RGB application crash/locking up the PC, which requires a end task of the application or a hard reboot to resolve the issue. At first it was a couple of times a day but now it's close to 8 times a day.

The last known good version that worked for me without this issue was v1.0.13.0. I rolled back to this version.  Set the application to never check for updates. This worked for the first day. I had no dc's at all that day after software role back.  I was unable to find the firmware versions. I was hoping to roll back and test. The next day I powered on my PC. Once I logged in the unleash rgb application started to update to v.1.0.15 which I couldn't cancel. Options were grayed out. Task Manager failed to end the task. After the update, I went to go and roll back to v1.0.13.0. when the mouse immediately dc'ed causing a hard crash. System reboot required. At this point I unplugged the x15 and went back to my previous mouse Corsair Nightsword, and started my pc.

Once in the OS I disabled the EVGA Unleashed RGB startup, deselected start with OS. Exited the application and verified with Task Manager the software wasn't running. Half way threw that day, I was playing a COD game, and I heard the plug and play noise and my system hung for a moment and then I heard the windows error noise. I was able to exit out of game, and saw a windows error stating that Evga Unleashed RGB application had failed with a code like 0x0000..... I was surprised as the app wasn't suppose to be running. Uninstalled the EVGA Unleashed RGB application and have had no issues since.

So after that error, I tested the x15 mouse on three different devices with no EVGA Unleashed RGB installed. Just running the basic windows mouse driver. I have had no issues with the mouse dcing.
Makes me think v.1.0.15 driver is porked.

PC Specs:
ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) MOBO
 i9 9900K @5GHZ
Custom loop, Corsair pump and rads/ EKW Blocks
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz
ASUS RTX 2080 OC
1 M.2 Samsung Evo 970 EVO 1T
1 M.2 Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
1 Samsung Evo 860 2TB
1 Samsung Evo 860 1TB
1 Samsung Evo 850 1TB
1 WD GOLD 4TB 5400RPM 256MB
1 Seagate Barracuda 12TB 5400RPM 256MB
ASUS THOR 1200
Phanteks Enthoo 719
1, 27" VG27AQL1A 170HZ 1440p.  1, 27" ROG PG278QR 165HZ 1440p. 2, 24” ASUS VH238H 60HZ 1080p
Win 10 64 Pro
Corsair K95 Keyboard
EVGA X15 MMO Mouse

zapoqx
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/05 23:27:27 (permalink)
Well its a good thing I checked in here first.  I just got my X15 and wanted to set it up, but before hooking it up, I wanted to make sure there wasn't issues.
So are we in agreement that 1.0.13 is the safest software to use?
I can't tell what firmware the mouse is running since it keeps wanting to upgrade.

Edit: I looked through the archives and saw 1.0.13 had the 1.28 Firmware that seemed to be discussed as the safe firmware and just made sure I was running 1.0.13.  So far, seems good.  Will someone update us when it seems safe after the 1.0.16 is released?  Would not like to lose out on such an upgrade from my new X15 over the G600.
post edited by zapoqx - 2022/05/06 15:35:54
Lupini
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/06 09:56:21 (permalink)
Hoggle
Have you tried making sure that the motherboard drivers are the latest version and the latest bios? I remember hearing that some AMD users had problems with USB devices.

Thank you, I did update the motherboard (ASUS/AMD).  So far, no disconnects for the last couple days.  I'm still having the problem from the other thread where it randomly just doesn't work, but it's not completely disconnecting anymore.

Edited: after 3 days of no disconnects, it's doing it again.  Plus, sometimes it doesn't disconnect, but just goes dead.
post edited by Lupini - 2022/05/07 12:26:35
Saberous
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/10 09:30:08 (permalink)
zapoqx
Well its a good thing I checked in here first.  I just got my X15 and wanted to set it up, but before hooking it up, I wanted to make sure there wasn't issues.
So are we in agreement that 1.0.13 is the safest software to use?
I can't tell what firmware the mouse is running since it keeps wanting to upgrade.

Edit: I looked through the archives and saw 1.0.13 had the 1.28 Firmware that seemed to be discussed as the safe firmware and just made sure I was running 1.0.13.  So far, seems good.  Will someone update us when it seems safe after the 1.0.16 is released?  Would not like to lose out on such an upgrade from my new X15 over the G600.

Where did you find the archives? Was there a download for the firmware 1.28?

PC Specs:
ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) MOBO
 i9 9900K @5GHZ
Custom loop, Corsair pump and rads/ EKW Blocks
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz
ASUS RTX 2080 OC
1 M.2 Samsung Evo 970 EVO 1T
1 M.2 Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
1 Samsung Evo 860 2TB
1 Samsung Evo 860 1TB
1 Samsung Evo 850 1TB
1 WD GOLD 4TB 5400RPM 256MB
1 Seagate Barracuda 12TB 5400RPM 256MB
ASUS THOR 1200
Phanteks Enthoo 719
1, 27" VG27AQL1A 170HZ 1440p.  1, 27" ROG PG278QR 165HZ 1440p. 2, 24” ASUS VH238H 60HZ 1080p
Win 10 64 Pro
Corsair K95 Keyboard
EVGA X15 MMO Mouse

zapoqx
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/10 09:46:36 (permalink)
Saberous

Where did you find the archives? Was there a download for the firmware 1.28?

In the downloads section, I just told it to show all versions.  As far as finding the firmware, its actually in the folder for the firmware.  I opened up the installers as an archive and saw the files to make sure and found the 1.0.13 had 1.28 Firmware.  Not sure if downgrade is going to work as been mentioned here.
elvinmagical
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/11 15:21:42 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2023/03/23 08:59:35
I was able to downgrade my mouse firmware with the following steps:
  1. Download EVGA Unleash RGB software version 1.0.13.0:
  2. Extract the EXE file to a new folder using 7-Zip
  3. Open Library\X15RGBLibrary.dll with a binary-safe text editor (Notepad++)
  4. Search for the string "X15_v1.28.bin", which is the last good firmware file as of now (the file itself can be found in Firmware folder)
  5. Look for the number after file name ("284"), it's the firmware's internal version and compared with the one from connected mouse
  6. Modify it to become 291 (the latest/buggy firmware v1.34 has internal version of 290, according to Library\X15RGBLibrary.dll found in driver version 1.0.15.0)
  7. Quit any running EVGA driver, run extracted UnleashRGB.exe, it will attempt a firmware "update" (downgrade to v1.28) because mouse-reported firmware version is 290, lower than 291
  8. After finishing the update, the driver will attempt to update again (this time it's 284 < 291), cancel it
  9. Voila! Your X15 mouse firmware is now downgraded to v1.28.
The 1.0.13.0 driver can then be installed normally. Don't forget to disable auto-update this time.
(EVGA, please don't patch it in a future release. We need this trick to prevent other undesired firmware updates done accidentally.)
Bensikrac
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/11 15:38:56 (permalink)
elvinmagical
  4. Search for the string "X15_v1.28.bin", which is the last good firmware file as of now (the file itself can be found in Firmware folder)
  5. Look for the number after file name ("284"), it's the firmware's internal version and compared with the one from connected mouse
  6. Modify it to become 291 (the latest/buggy firmware v1.34 has internal version of 290, according to Library\X15RGBLibrary.dll found in driver version 1.0.15.0)
  7. Quit any running EVGA driver, run extracted UnleashRGB.exe, it will attempt a firmware "update" (downgrade to v1.28) because mouse-reported firmware version is 290, lower than 291
  8. After finishing the update, the driver will attempt to update again (this time it's 284 < 291), cancel it
The 1.0.13.0 driver can then be installed normally. Don't forget to disable auto-update this time.
(EVGA, please don't patch it in a future release. We need this trick to prevent other undesired firmware updates done accidentally.)

Bet you did quite some digging around to figure it out. Why didn't I think of the simple solution of tricking the updater to force an update by supplying false information to it? Anyways thank you for sharing this information with us, could be helpful in the future.

Lupini
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/12 10:14:46 (permalink)
elvinmagical

I tried this. The X15RGBLibrary.dll non-text code (ASCII possibly?  I'm not a coder) with one text line at the top that reads "This program cannot be run in DOS."  I can't identify a line for the bin file.  I am using Notepad ++ (not just Notepad or Word).
ZexenFendragon
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/12 10:50:31 (permalink)
elvinmagical

Thanks, resolved my issues this way.

Fix your crap EVGA!

Lupini
I tried this. The X15RGBLibrary.dll non-text code (ASCII possibly?  I'm not a coder) with one text line at the top that reads "This program cannot be run in DOS."  I can't identify a line for the bin file.  I am using Notepad ++ (not just Notepad or Word).

Search for the line by using these settings.

PS: You also need the HEX-Editor plugin for N++
post edited by ZexenFendragon - 2022/05/12 10:56:42
Lupini
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/12 13:59:29 (permalink)
ZexenFendragon

Lupini

Search for the line by using these settings.

PS: You also need the HEX-Editor plugin for N++

Thank you, I got the plugin installed, and swapped views.  Did the edit, did the steps...fail.  I still have v1.34 firmware. Tried it again, just in case.  Even tried the Unleashed 1.0.11.0 that I had from my first installation.  No joy.

Lol, and while writing this it disconnected.

Thanks all for tips, but I'm tapping out and ordering a different mouse. We shouldn't have to be doing these deep dives, and no input or response from EVGA on it.  I'm at the point where it's replace this one, or get replaced in my regular play groups.  Sad, because I liked the layout of the buttons.  But this granny gamer hasn't got enough years left to futz around with stuff like this.  I have players to capture and defeat!

Good luck all!

lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: X15 random disconnects? 2022/05/12 14:16:19 (permalink)
Now scroll wheel on X15 is like trotting and when i scroll down it scrolls up but with jumping scrolls not smooth. This RMA no doubt just sharing what I am going thru.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile