NOTE: You must agree to these terms on a regular basis to use the EVGA Forums
By posting in these forums, you agree to follow any and all directions and/or instructions given by Administrators and Moderators. Content may be removed and posts can be locked without warning or explanation for material posted that is deemed inappropriate by the Administrators or Moderators. Threads may also be temporarily locked and reviewed to determine if the thread's contents are inappropriate by Administrators and Moderators; these posts will be marked with "Locked, pending review." Finally, EVGA Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to delete posts that do not violate the TOS in an effort to clean up a thread. If a member wishes to dispute the actions of a moderator, please contact another moderator or the Webmaster. The matter will be given careful consideration and will be handled promptly.
As this forum is U.S. based, English is the required language for the forums. If you cannot communicate in English and need help with a warranty issue, please post in our Warranty forum (link
), and an EVGA representative will assist you. If you have difficulty reading/typing in English we have alternative language forums:
Members are expected to treat each other with respect, and be courteous of each other's opinions and advice, regardless of his or her relative experience. Although lively discussion is encouraged among members, there are seven things that will not be tolerated:
- Inappropriate Language - The EVGA forums are family-friendly. Many members have children who also view these forums, and these forums are intended to be accommodating to them, as well. Profanity is not permitted in pictures or posts on the forums and will earn a warning if posted. Discussion of bodily functions, whether vulgar or humorous, is inappropriate for these forums. Moreover, using acronyms or censoring the word by use of characters to mask profanity or other inappropriate language will not be tolerated. This applies to text, pictures, videos, or any external links contained in a post. Finally, users whose usernames containing inappropriate language or references to illegal activity will be given a chance to change their username, or it will be changed for them.
- Personal Attacks - Personal attacks often lead to the trading of insults, and can throw the discussion of a legitimate topic off-track. Personal attacks can be defined as issuing a single or repeated personal attack or attacks aimed at another member, rather than at their opinions or ideas. Criticizing a member's post is not considered a personal attack, but using terms such as "child," "idiot," "fanboy," for example, or any other derogatory term designed to discredit a member, is not permitted. Furthermore, comments of a racist or sexist nature, as well as derogatory comments about national origin or sexual orientation, will be dealt with harshly as in a ban from the forums.
- Trolling - Trolling can be defined as when a member posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent or consequence of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Trolling can also be accomplished by harassing another member by following them through various threads, creating threads directed at another member or group of members, or intentionally creating the same thread in various forums despite being warned or told to post in the correct forum. Members who feel they are being "trolled" should contact a moderator immediately, as this is the only effective way to prevent this behavior.
- Personal Information - Do not post personal information (i.e. Product Serial Numbers, addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. This is to protect both the poster and the person who's information is revealed.
- Impersonating Others - Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself. This includes impersonating EVGA Staff and employees, EVGA Moderators, and representatives of EVGA's Partners. The EVGA forums are host to representatives from other companies who make time to come to this forum to help end-users of their products. If you are a representative of another company and would like to be recognized as such, please contact the Webmaster for assistance.
- Multiple Accounts - Do not create secondary accounts. If you have an account issue, contact the Webmaster via his email address or Private Message, and provide your information that would help identify your account, and provide a brief description of the issue. Creating multiple accounts to evade a temporary or permanent ban will increase your time away from the forums leading up to a permanent ban. If you have accidentally created a second account, please contact the Webmaster so it can be removed.
- Abusing Forum Software - Using the forum's software and features to harass or troll others, violate the TOS, or use the features in a manner not intended by EVGA is strictly prohibited. This includes the use of E-mail and Private Messages to harass or discuss illegal activities with other members. Likewise, using the post rating system or Ticket system to harass or troll members is prohibited. EVGA can review PM's and E-Mails sent through the forums, as well as use other tools to investigate whether the forum software is being abused. Repeated abuse of the software or features of the EVGA forums may lead to a loss of posting privileges.
Members are free to post any topic on the forums, provided it is not prohibited by the TOS. All topics must be placed in the correct section, or a Moderator may move the thread to the appropriate area without warning. All information regarding hardware and software news should be posted to the Hardware/Software News section - link
. All hardware questions that do not fit in the other categories belong in the General Hardware section - link
- while all software questions that do not fit in the other categories belong in the General Software section - link
. All other topics that are not covered by an existing section should go in the General Discussion section - link
. If you accidentally post in the wrong section, please PM a Moderator or create a ticket so that a Moderator can move the thread to the correct section.
When making a post, please use common courtesy. Do not post in all Caps, as this is "Shouting," and is considered rude. Moreover, do not hijack a member's thread by creating an off-topic post by asking for help with your own issue in another's thread, even if you have a similar issue. Create your own thread and topic for your issue, and you will receive help from the EVGA Community. Likewise, once you've created your thread, do not "Bump" your thread by creating successive posts to keep it at the top of the post list. Your thread will be answered in due time, and continually bumping your thread will earn a warning. Furthermore, do not make off-topic posts, such as “in before lock,” or other comments suggesting a thread or member requires moderation (except as defined in the EVGA Marketplace rules for the Marketplace section). Such off-topic posts serve only to derail a topic. If you feel such a post/thread requires moderation, please PM/email a moderator or report the post without communicating this in the thread.
Otherwise, here are some limitations for posting on the forums:
- Pornography - Posting pornographic material, nudity, or sexually explicit content will lead to a ban. As stated above, this is a family-friendly website, and pictures should remain of a family-friendly nature. For other information on what may be posted, see the section below dealing with images and links.
- Political/Religious Content - Do not post political or religious content in the EVGA forums. There are other and better suited places for those topics than on a hardware forum. As these topics often lead to conflict over opinion, we request you do not bring such topics to the EVGA forums. Continually posting such threads may lead to a warning.
- Illegal Activities - Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity will be turned over to the proper authorities. Any discussion of, or reference to, obtaining; handling; and/or using narcotics and/or illegal use of prescription medications is expressly prohibited. [For purposes of this clause, cannabis by-products not relating to industrial use are considered a narcotic] Discussion of pirating games, movies, and/or software content obtained through mediums, such as using peer-to-peer networks - torrenting, specifically - is prohibited and will earn a warning.
- Hotlinking - Do not post material where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website. Images are to be hosted personally or by a third party host.
- Copyright Protected Material - Observe all copyright laws, EULA's, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author and include a link to the original source, if possible. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
- Spam - Spamming is the repeated posting of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on internet forums. They can be in the form of links to external sites, with the dual goals of increasing search engine visibility in highly competitive areas such as weight loss, pharmaceuticals, gambling, porn, real estate, loans or computer software, and generating more traffic for these commercial websites. Members who "spam" in this manner will be permanently banned.
- Self-Advertising - Self-advertising is defined as linking to an external website promoting either yourself, your family, a friend, or an employer for 3rd-Party promotions not sponsored by EVGA, employment, recruiting, or any other purpose where the poster stands to gain by posting such link. EVGA may allow such links to be posted if the poster first asks the moderators or an admin to review the content and express approval is given prior to posting. Otherwise, failure to first contact EVGA may result in a thread/post being edited or deleted, and may be cause for a warning.
- Buying/Selling/Trading - Buying, trading, or selling anywhere with the exception of the Marketplace is prohibited. EVGA Corporation is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the Marketplace. You can find the Marketplace here - link. If you cannot gain access to the Marketplace see here - link. The Marketplace TOS, which is an additional TOS for buying/selling/trading, can be found here - link (can be viewed once access to the marketplace is granted.)
The definitions and examples above are not inclusive of the full meaning of those terms; the examples cited are merely to give a guideline to understand the rules. If there is any question about a decision by a moderator regarding your post, email firstname.lastname@example.org
with all the details and it will be reviewed promptly.
On Images, Videos and Links
There is some gray area for explicit or otherwise images and videos. Please use your best judgement; if you have any doubt that your picture may fall outside of the TOS, either do not post it or contact a Moderator for approval prior to posting. For all avatars, signatures, images or links to images, videos, etc. must not include any of the below descriptions:
- This includes images of men/women with a top/bottom removed even if it is covered up or implied
- This includes images of men/women in lingerie or other sleepwear
- This includes images of men/women in see-through or nearly see-through clothing
- This includes images of men/women in any implied or expressed sexual or illicit act
- Images/videos/etc. must not include any act of drug use, condone or celebrate drug use, or even imply drug use.
- Images/videos/etc. must not include any act of violence, illegal activity or implied illegal activity or profanity.
Instant Email Accounts are NOT allowed Email addresses like @mailinator.com are not allowed due to abuse. Any site that allows instant non-secure "spam catching" email addresses are not allowed to post in the forums. If you become moderated due to this, you must change the email address on your main EVGA profile and contact a moderator for help.
Breaking any of the above listed forum rules may result in the loss of posting privileges
and possible loss of your forum account.
Enforcement of EVGA Forum Terms EVGA Management reserves the right to remove any post it deems to violate Forum terms. EVGA Management also reserves the right to discipline Forum members for violation of Forum terms by, and without limitation:
PLEASE NOTE that use of the EVGA Forum and EVGA Online Store require the same valid registered account. As a result, discipline relating to misconduct in the Forum may affect Online Store purchases. All decisions by EVGA Management regarding discipline for violation of Forum terms are FINAL and NON-APPEALABLE.
- removing or limiting access to EVGA Online Store features;
- canceling pending status in EVGA’s Notification Queue;
- suspending or terminating posting privileges and/or access to the EVGA Forum; and/or
- suspending or terminating Associate or Elite Membership, including forfeiture of any pending EVGA Bucks and/or reward points.
Notwithstanding the Enforcement clause above, EVGA reserves the right to remove/ban any user, at any time, and for any reason. A temporary ban of 7 days will follow two warnings for the same type of infraction. Moreover, EVGA takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the EVGA Forums or of the authenticity of its authors. EVGA reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author. Moderators and Administrators frequently review forum messages for those that are in violation of EVGA rules. Any messages found to be in violation may be deleted without warning or explanation. All opinions and views expressed within the EVGA Forums are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of EVGA Corporation or its representatives. EVGA and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the EVGA Forums, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information. EVGA Corporation reserves the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice. All messages posted on the EVGA Forums become the copyrighted property of EVGA Corporation.
-- Last amendment: 10/26/2021 --
post edited by EVGATech_LeeM - 2021/10/26 14:31:01