EVGA

Helpful ReplyWhat is happening to EVGA forums?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30991
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/18 13:31:21 (permalink)
temp lock for review

unlocked

post edited by Cool GTX - 2018/02/18 13:59:20

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18923
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/18 14:10:58 (permalink)
Cool GTX
temp lock for review
unlocked

Thanks

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

duckpond
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/18 14:44:56 (permalink)
ty_ger07
duckpond
what makes you believe those who are trying to get past 100 posts are miners? I'm not, just looking to get a 1080ti for gaming after several years of gaming exodus only to be met with scandalous pricing

Just so you know, there haven't been any elite video cards available for many weeks. You may feel let down once you reach your goal.

I don't mind too much, I've already gotten some good advise on the overall build I am putting together, have researched 1080 Ti's heavily recently, was going to go with a blower Ti, but finding out the temp differences to hybrids sent me towards the FTW3 1080 Ti Hybrid, seems the best reviewed and performing card of this type

I have no doubt it may be weeks or months before one becomes available, hell I might even hang on till April with the possibility of the next generation cards that have been rumoured

Oh finally, there was 1080Ti blower style available from the EVGA store earlier, didn't have to be Elite member either to buy it!
duckpond
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/18 15:02:26 (permalink)
Oh and what I am reading about EVGA customer service draws me to spend my hard earned money with them

There are very little companies that i believe are truly customer focused

- Amazon
- Epson
- Corsair

I can't think of anymore!
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/18 20:10:44 (permalink)
duckpond
Oh and what I am reading about EVGA customer service draws me to spend my hard earned money with them

There are very little companies that i believe are truly customer focused

- Amazon
- Epson
- Corsair

I can't think of anymore!

Evga tries very hard to help out their customers. A lot of the time it's not Evga's fault, but they do their best to satisfy the customer.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
norrisb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 02:31:41 (permalink)
i think the mods are doing a good job handling the spam
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 06:14:11 (permalink)
norrisb
i think the mods are doing a good job handling the spam

Ha! You're almost there.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Junkogen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 08:05:58 (permalink)
The 100 post route is very much needed. How else can a new builder or a gamer who hasn't purchased an EVGA GPU in the past supposed to get Elite status without getting absolutely swindled in the current market? It's a way in for people who don't have unlimited funds.
duckpond
Superclocked Member
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 08:38:50 (permalink)
to see both sides of the spectrum, its obvious those 'noobs' such as myself cluttering up the forums with unnecessary posts would annoy long standing members

it was always going to be the result of implementing a system like this, I do believe it puts a stop to a considerable number of miners looking for cards though
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 09:14:56 (permalink)
There have never been many Elite GPU cards made available....... miners or not

After all you pay more to pick the color of the shroud if any are available

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 09:46:37 (permalink)
I've seen a lot of bad ideas coming out of their community relations lately. They have the immediate effect of click count, but bring in the trailer trash of the internet in the process. Thing is, it's working as intended probably. Not happy with the quality of the forums being dragged even further down. There was a reason why I left as a forum mod back in 2010, and this is the just slippery slope over time getting worse. You compromise a vision until it's nothing like what it was originally intended and it pushes away the blue ribbon type of person in favor for the disposable 100-post hit and run type.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 10:46:57 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
I've seen a lot of bad ideas coming out of their community relations lately. They have the immediate effect of click count, but bring in the trailer trash of the internet in the process. Thing is, it's working as intended probably. Not happy with the quality of the forums being dragged even further down. There was a reason why I left as a forum mod back in 2010, and this is the just slippery slope over time getting worse. You compromise a vision until it's nothing like what it was originally intended and it pushes away the blue ribbon type of person in favor for the disposable 100-post hit and run type.

You quit being a forums mod in 2010? I thought you quit in 2012 or 2013.They have a community relations? The last time i seen someone from evga really involved in the forums, that was back when Shane was our community manager and web master. Shane was always willing to have a conversation with members.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 12:20:01 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne

Sad to say but that is all I am seeing now as well.
Members came here for help with their computers and very few do anymore.
Now members come here only to say how crappy EVGA's hardware is and to buy other products or complain or whine or moan.
Oh I forgot also to bash EVGA and how Crappy they are as a Company and should be more like other companies.
Don't get me wrong as the Forum does allow you to do so.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/19 12:56:13

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 12:22:31 (permalink)
MSim
Brad_Hawthorne

You quit being a forums mod in 2010? I thought you quit in 2012 or 2013.They have a community relations? The last time i seen someone from evga really involved in the forums, that was back when Shane was our community manager and web master. Shane was always willing to have a conversation with members.

I quit in 2010. It's been a long time now. I get that things evolve over time. But I would consider this as devolving instead. Then again, I'm just a random opinion on the internet and me being here isn't a right.  I get that, but EVGA can do so much better than they currently are.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 13:10:06 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Brad_Hawthorne

Now members come here only to say how crappy EVGA's hardware is and to buy other products or complain or whine or moan.
Oh I forgot also to bash EVGA and how Crappy they are as a Company and should be more like other companies.

People are allowed to have their own opinions. In my opinion a lot of the criticism on here about evga products or how they been doing things lately has merit. Most hardware enthusiast should know not every company makes the best of every product, some products are made by the same OEM other companies use.  

Long as we all stay civil with each other, everything should be fine.

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 14:37:16 (permalink)
It's been 50 posts for the Marketplace for as long as I can remember, even dating back to when I started being a Mod.  The last major revamp of the MP TOS was back in 2010, and 50 posts was already a part of it before that.  We've considered raising or lowering it from time-to-time, but 50 tends to seem about the right number.  It is noteworthy, as others have mentioned, that the Marketplace requires the member to request access and an Admin has to approve the request.  Mods don't have the ability to approve or disapprove a member's request, but we do keep an eye on newer members that seem to post a lot of...less than substantive posts and will suggest to Admin to deny MP access until they start posting more useful commentary.

Regarding the ELITE membership, I think it's important to consider that if the 100 post requirement was not there, then we would be limiting ELITE status only to people that have purchased EVGA products.  On the one hand, I can certainly see the support from many members for that, but on the other hand, leaving a means for members to achieve ELITE status without spending money is something that is more in-line with the EVGA Forums.  Consider that it *normally* takes a while to accomplish 100 posts, and it usually creates a better interaction with the EVGA Community.  Up until recently, this wasn't really an issue; there might be the stray person who pushed their way to 100 posts, but it didn't create the havoc that it is now.  Due to the GPU shortages, that's no longer the case.

Going forward, I'm sure EVGA will consider other ways to achieve ELITE status, but I hope that it keeps at least one option for aspiring customers to do so without having to spend money until they're ready.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/19 14:42:42 (permalink)
MSim
bcavnaugh
Brad_Hawthorne

People are allowed to have their own opinions. In my opinion a lot of the criticism on here about evga products or how they been doing things lately has merit. Most hardware enthusiast should know not every company makes the best of every product, some products are made by the same OEM other companies use.  

You must have Missed this: Don't get me wrong as the Forum does allow you to do so.
Also I was Not Quoting you nor was I referring to you
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/02/19 15:28:40

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/20 01:56:18 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
MSim
bcavnaugh
Brad_Hawthorne

You must have Missed this: Don't get me wrong as the Forum does allow you to do so.
Also I was Not Quoting you nor was I referring to you

I know you was taking in general.

Junkogen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/20 08:35:48 (permalink)
Maybe they should have a sticky announcement warning would-be elite status spammers that elite cards are out of stock. I think some are under the impression that there is a secret stash available. It might help clean up these forums, eh?
fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/20 08:58:19 (permalink)
It's bad. I'm surprised I even found this thread in the cesspool that is now general discussion. Go to sub forums see one poster has posted the whole page bumping all sorts of old threads with content less replies.

My favorite being "what is geforce" reply.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/20 09:08:38 (permalink)
fearpoint
It's bad. I'm surprised I even found this thread in the cesspool that is now general discussion. Go to sub forums see one poster has posted the whole page bumping all sorts of old threads with content less replies.

In my opinion, when you come on here and see that one user has the most recent reply in 15 different threads in a row, and the replies are of the quality "nice", "what is geforce", "that is good to know", "interesting", and so forth, the user should instantly receive a temporary ban for a day or two warning them against ongoing similar behavior.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/20 09:50:25 (permalink)
Report post is the best way to get the attention of any available Mod

-- when you believe Forums software is being abused or Spam is being generated - Please report it

The "wayward member" will get more attention than they probably want

and a PM something like this......  and put on the short list with a Warning that is documented as a first step toward more permanent actions

Your Posts

We know people want Elite status in the Hope that it will help them get a GPU. 

However your actions will force us to Ban you or permanently remove Elite status from you. 

I do not want that to happen, so please follow the 3 simple rules below

1) Make sure to understand and clearly follow the EVGA Terms of Use.
2) Make sure your post contribute to the EVGA forums and have meaningful content.  
3) Random or off topic posts are not allowed and will receive a warning.  continued abuse will result in account being suspended.

Your Post does Not comply with EVGA Terms of Use and has been deleted

Specifically:
Abusing Forum Software - Using the forum's software and features to harass or troll others, violate the TOS, or use the features in a manner not intended by EVGA is strictly prohibited.  This includes the use of E-mail and Private Messages to harass or discuss illegal activities with other members.  Likewise, using the post rating system or Ticket system to harass or troll members is prohibited.  EVGA can review PM's and E-Mails sent through the forums, as well as use other tools to investigate whether the forum software is being abused.  Repeated abuse of the software or features of the EVGA forums may lead to a loss of posting privileges.

Please make sure all of your future post comply with the EVGA Terms of Use
Thank you

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/22 05:39:56 (permalink)
ty_ger07
fearpoint

In my opinion, when you come on here and see that one user has the most recent reply in 15 different threads in a row, and the replies are of the quality "nice", "what is geforce", "that is good to know", "interesting", and so forth, the user should instantly receive a temporary ban for a day or two warning them against ongoing similar behavior.

What if a long time member does that to select topics? Should they receive a temp ban or warning against that kind of behavior too?  What about when we see one member has made 90% of the Computer Industry News section topics, on the first page. 

In my opinion, evga needs to assign the "Community Manager" role to someone who likes to take part in the forums and is available to have a dialog with community members. That would go a long ways to get some of these issues addressed.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/22 12:03:38 (permalink)
My Vote would go to rjohnson11 as a "Community Manager" for the EVGA Forums.

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/22 20:17:30 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/22 20:38:49 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

What would giving him a new title change on the forums? Aren't the mods capable of effecting quality control around here without inflated job titles?
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/23 12:44:02 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

Volunteer Moderators have no power to make changes, it would have to be paid evga employee. If a customer needs some help, volunteer mods can't look at customers accounts.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/23 14:06:46 (permalink)
MSim
bcavnaugh

Volunteer Moderators have no power to make changes, it would have to be paid evga employee. If a customer needs some help, volunteer mods can't look at customers accounts.

Maybe with your Help it can change.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/23 15:55:42 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
MSim
bcavnaugh

Maybe with your Help it can change.

HaHa very funny. We know it takes more than one person to change this place. 

NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
Re: What is happening to EVGA forums? 2018/02/24 20:59:33 (permalink)
People complain that the forums are dead. New people come along and then some complain about junk posts. Not all of the newbies create worthless posts - besides, new members are welcoming instead of reading from the same longstanding members all of the time. Can't please 'em all.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile