OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 55
Author
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/09 11:01:55 (permalink)
Anyone get any emails yet that Optimus mentioned in their tweet last week?  That tweet kinda got me excited a bit and I know their history about communication with customers can sometimes be lacking a bit.  I am still within the 6 week window that I believe they mentioned in their earlier release of information pertaining to the Kingpin block or our assumptions when it would be ready for shipping.  

I'm fine waiting, but just wanted to see if anyone else got anything this week from them yet.  I boxed up my Kingpin after bench testing so I could work on my friends one this week when time permits so I'm about as ready as I could be for this to be available.  

Thanks.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/09 11:43:16 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
Anyone get any emails yet that Optimus mentioned in their tweet last week?  That tweet kinda got me excited a bit and I know their history about communication with customers can sometimes be lacking a bit.  I am still within the 6 week window that I believe they mentioned in their earlier release of information pertaining to the Kingpin block or our assumptions when it would be ready for shipping.  

I'm fine waiting, but just wanted to see if anyone else got anything this week from them yet.  I boxed up my Kingpin after bench testing so I could work on my friends one this week when time permits so I'm about as ready as I could be for this to be available.  

Thanks.  

Just crickets here.  I don't think Optimus will make any announcement this week, just from what others have said about their lack of communications and often  missed said "deadlines".  But, just like you, I can wait....I waited for 4 months for the Kingpin.

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

sawtheDEVIL
  • Total Posts : 27
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/09 11:56:27 (permalink)
No communication to me either.

heheh, I admit I allowed my hopes to get up a little. But this isn't my first rodeo with optimus either, so a healthy amount of skepticism is always warranted. :)

Rama Kara Noct/T1's/GMK WOB/Pwnage Ultra Custom>Thermaltake WP100>Dark Hero VIII>5950x/32gb Dominator Platinum RGB>3090 KPE>32G7/32GK850G/27HBU
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/09 16:13:09 (permalink)
I got my hopes up also when I saw the twitter post which is why I wanted to ask if anyone else got anything.  Their products are good, and I'm willing to wait but that tweet got the better of me and made me a bit antsy.  

I'll be sure to post here when I get an email in case others missed theirs.  

If anyone gets anything I would appreciate it being shared here if possible as well.  I really want to know what options there are going to be letting us know about.  They could share that with us to let us think about it until they are ready to package and ship.  

Thanks for the replies guys.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/10 09:19:34 (permalink)
Well, Optimus made an announcement in twitter today, just to say that the start of delivery has been delayed for two weeks.  They will announce the finishing process options next week and start delivery the following week.

https://twitter.com/Optim...us/1436360746745544704

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/10 12:30:09 (permalink)
While it's not the news those of us who have ordered the blocks might have wanted to hear, they are keeping us updated as to status.  I'm good with waiting them out as this is a new product and by the looks of their tweet a new finishing process which I would prefer to them to make sure they got it right before they send out the blocks anyway.  

Not sure how a finish can be game changing other than make it faster and better than them sending items out for the process, but you never know what Optimus might be coming out with.  

Hopefully my order was one of the early ones cause I really want to get that Kingpin into my system as soon as possible.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 995
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/10 16:51:05 (permalink)
pmclean
Obviously I am not the only who receives communication, see post above from GotSpeed.
Creating a product that has to be as precise as a waterblock for another company's video card is maybe a little more complicated then you think.

I've been involved in machining race car engine parts in the same machine ship that was contracted to make parts for the international space station and several other high priced objects orbiting in space.  I'm familiar what it takes to machine something to high tolerances.  I'm also familiar that if the constantly miss deadline like Optimus has with their PC parts, then they don't get awarded new contracts and/or they get penalized for missing deadlines.

pmclean
The performance difference for Optimus blocks is more than margin of error or run to run variance is my experience and others posting their results.

Please go back and reread what I said. "The real world performance difference between Optimus CPU blocks and many competitors products is so small that its almost within margin or error." I'm talking about CPU blocks. Independent tech reviewers got similar results to my own testing. This is backed up by multiple tech reviewers in addition to my own testing and other testing I've seen from other customers. 1C is within margin of error for CPU block testing. Some tech reputable reviewers say 2C is within margin of error if you are using the CPU's own temperature reporting.

Are you disputing that fact that multiple tech reviewers and owners of Optimus PCU water blocks have done tests of Optimus CPU blocks and saw results that were within 1-2C of other waterblocks? 

If it takes more than double the TDP of a CPU to see a small performance difference between a $60-$70 CPU water block and a $120+ Optimus CPU water block are the Optimus blocks actually that much better for most use cases?

pmclean
If you think their fittings are no better than all the others you're wrong, just wrong.

There is ZERO real world difference in the performance of Optimus' soft tubing fittings compared to fittings costing $4-$5 each. None what so ever. To say otherwise is just ignoring facts.

The cheaper $4.50 soft tubing fittings hold well enough that I can grab the soft tubing of a PC water cooling loop  and pick up and carry the entire PC by the tubing. Not that I'd recommend doing that, but someone asked me how strong are hand tight fittings on soft tubing and we decided to find out. I had to carry a system I was taking apart across the room to drain it. If I can pickup and carry a water cooled PC that weighs about 25-30 pounds by a piece of soft tubing between two radiators without the tubing slipping out of the fittings, I don't know what else you expect out of a fitting. In addition to that, the lower priced fittings hold 15 PSI to do an air pressure leak test.

Do Optimus soft tubing fittings hold more securely than that? Does it matter when fittings that cost 1/3 to 1/2 the price do more than should be expected of a fitting? Cheaper fittings go above and beyond what is required of them. Why is a $12+ fitting better? You are paying for appearance and not better real world performance.

pmclean
Sorry not trying to troll but give people the truth here not just try to bash Optimus every way you can think of.

Everything I have said is 100% truthful and factual.

pmclean
They sale a brand name Xylem D5 pump for $75 dollars. Where can you get a D5 for half that? Name one other watercooling website that sell actual brand name Xylem pumps?

Does Optimus make Xylem D5 pumps? Nope. So where is the relevance in that???? Again you are grasping at straws and changing the topic away from Optimus' own products. Try not going off topic please. We are talking about Optimus, their products, their lack of communication, and their lack of customer service.

pmclean
The reservoir etc, you are paying for much higher quality materials and machining. It's a long term purchase that gives peace of mind against leaks. If you don't consider those advantages, that they mean nothing and you're just paying for looks that's your opinion. But it doesn't change the fact that they are advantages over other products made with inferior materials. Unless you're using a $3 plastic bucket you paid for looks when you bought a res.

Lower cost reservoirs from other manufacturers have held up to years of daily use without leaks. Why should I pay more unless I want that exact look of the Optimus products? Sure it costs Optimus more to manufacture their products. That doesn't make them better in real world use cases just because they have a higher manufacturing cost.

pmclean
If you're not overclocking then I would question why you would want to buy any high end blocks to begin with. If someone not overclocking wants to setup custom water loop for silent cooling or whatever reason they probably don't need to spend the extra on the most expensive blocks on the market.

Where have I said I'm not overclocking? Did you not understand what you read or assumed I'm not overclocking?

I have the 3rd highest two GPU Port Royal score in the world on Hwbot. I have at least one 3DMark Hall of Fame top 10 score. I have several other top 3 scores on Hwbot for dual 3090s including two of the highest scores for dual 3090s in GPUPI to 1 billion and 32 billion digits. I also have a bunch of 1st and 2nd place scores for some other cards.

pmclean
Why do you require regular updates when you preorder? What is there to say to you expect telling you when the product is ready to ship? Really nothing else matters. If you feel entitled to constant updates when you preorder a product that has not even been created yet maybe you should just wait until products are made and more than one batch has been sent out.

Did you fail to comprehend what you read in my reply above? I didn't ask for regular updates when I preordered. Nor did I said I need or want them.

I did complain about Optimus' lack of communication and many delays multiple times in the past. I did say they were already making excuses for missing the shipping deadline they gave their customers in July.

pmclean
I am telling people that Optimus is NOT as bad as you say. They do communicate.

There are many Optimus customers who disagree with you. My experience and the experience of many of their other customers seems to be vastly different than yours.

I saw this as a reply to Optimus on twitter today:

It appears that other customers have the same issues I have had.

pmclean
I ordered my FTW3 block after I think they sent out two batches. I didn't wait very long for it, about a month maybe less. I certainly didn't feel the need to email them to ask when it would be ready.

Again did you fail to comprehend what you read in my reply above? I ordered an item that I verified was in stock according to Optimus. It was not in stock even though they claimed it was. Optimus ignored all of my attempts of communication asking about the delay and an estimated shipment time frame for over three months starting a month after I ordered.

pmclean
My CPU block, V2 Intel, came right away, it was at my home in eastern canada in less than 2 weeks from when I ordered. They have responded to every email I've sent them, and responded when I used the contact us form on the website. The very first time I emailed them using the contact us form they did not reply but I had not yet ordered anything so I understand now why they didn't reply. They responded in between one of my orders as well, just to say all my replies have not been directly related to orders I had made.
From all you have to complain about Optimus it confuses me why you continue to order from them, especially preorder.

I preordered the Optimus Kingpin blocks because it was my only option for a 3090 Kingpin water block that wouldn't leak with chilled water. The EVGA Hydro Copper blocks leak when using chilled water(it appears to be a flaw in the design) and of the two 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper blocks I own, only one can be fixed up to the point where it doesn't leak when using chilled water. If I had any other option than Optimus or a leaking EVGA block for a 3090 Kingpin water block, I wouldn't have pre ordered.

MackWage
I'm so excited for this block and cannot wait to get it!
As for comments on Optimus as a company - I have been nothing short of impressed with all of their products .. as well as their customer service when I do reach out. I agree the wait times and continued delays with brand new product releases can be frustrating ... however they're still a newer company and have expressed multiple times how demand far exceeded their expectations ... and how they're taking steps to upgrade their process or factory to streamline their operation. So I do not perceive any of the delays as malicious or incompetence in any way ... just a newer small company experiencing explosive growth and growing pains.
And with how happy I am with their FTW3 blocks ... I have no qualms with a longer wait or delay to get a product of that tier quality .. especially for a KPE card.

Optimus isn't a new company. They have been making PC parts since 2017. They have been making parts for other industries for many years before that.

redteamgo
In the past few days I've become very disgruntled with EKWB. They go way out of their way to market themselves as top tier but they just aren't. They're giving me a hard time on replacing a stripped screw. Not to mention, their pump, rads, and fans all have different standards: 3 different allen wrenches, some phillips and some plastic allen (which shattered when I tried to remove a stopper - I had to score the plastic remnants out of the bottom of my res this morning when the key shattered while trying to loosen a res), I'm just over it.. they wanted me to send youtube videos and pictures of a quantum magnitude screw that had stripped using their own fitted allen wrench when I requested a new screw.

My experience with EKWB has been completely different. I had a problem with a drain valve not opening. I contacted EKWB support. They got back to me the same day, which was shocking because they are in Europe and I expected everyone to be finished with work at that time of the day, and told me they would send me a new valve or if I needed one quicker, I could contact an authorized retailer in the U.S. for a replacement valve. I contacted the retailer I purchased the valve from, and forwarded the emails form EKWB. I had a new drain valve sitting in a box on my door step in 2 days.

EKWB has always included extra screws in the blocks I've purchased. I'd check the box it came in of the bag with the screws and other parts if you saved that.

I can't say I've ever broken one of EKWB's synthetic allen wrenches, but I can see that its possible if trying to loosen something that was over tightened. I don't see what your issue is with having several different size screw heads. Its the same way on car or motorcycle or EVGA's own water blocks. You use the appropriate type and size fasteners. Most of the EKWB stuff I've owned or used has used one of 3 sizes of allen keys.
pmclean
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 154
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/12 00:49:10 (permalink)
Wow you love repeating yourself don't you? 

I never said machining precision parts I said creating parts. Can you comprehend what I say? You keep trying to twist my words.

Now you're making parts for the international space station and "several other high priced objects orbiting in space"?!?!?!? As opposed to the low priced objects orbiting in space? Are there low priced objects orbiting in space? 

There are several other customers that have attested to receiving communication from Optimus. Ever think that maybe it has something to do with you? 

Of course they don't make brand Xylem pumps, who's trying to change the subject? You claimed their pumps are over priced and that pumps that cost half the price perform just as well. 

Do you think showing some random person's twitter proves what you're saying? How old are you? 

What does your overclock scores have to do with Optimus' customer service? Who's trying to change the subject? 

You've had an accusatory tone throughout all your post about this. You said they lied to get more sales. That is accusing them of malicious intent. 

I'm done with this, don't bother repeating yourself again and again. You're just going in circles.

No company can make everyone happy. Some one is always going to have something to complain about. 

I posted to tell people that Optimus is NOT as bad as you make them out to be. Several other users have joined in to say the same thing I'm saying. That their experiences with Optimus have been fine and they have received emails back from them. You told everyone your side. It doesn't make what I and others have said untrue. 

post edited by pmclean - 2021/09/12 01:19:55

Current Build Direct die 10900KF w/Grizzly LM w/Optimus V2 Sig Block on an ASUS Maximus XII Apex, 32 GB 4000MT/s Cl 15 G.Skill Trident Z Royal RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 KingPin w/Optimus Waterblock, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/Optimus Absolute Waterblock, EVGA 1600W G+ PSU, 2 x Corsair MP510 960GB M.2 RAID0, 2 x WD Blue 1 TB SSD RAID0, 2 x 6TB WD Red Pro 7200RPM HDD RAID0, EVGA Nu Audio Card, Lian Li Strimer Plus 3x8 Pin & 24 Pin, Corsair 7000D White Case, 7 x Lian Li SL140 Fans, Corsair XD7 Distro Plate w/Xylem D5 Pump, Samsung 55" QN90A, Samsung c49RG9 Ultrawide Monitor, HyperX Cloud Orbit Headphones, Sony AV Reciever STR-DN 1080, KEF Q Series 5.1 Speakers, Glorious Model D Gaming Mouse,  SteelSeries Apex Pro KB, Corsair MM300 XL & MM350 XL Gaming Mouse Pad, Vartan Gaming Chair, APC Back UPS PRO BR 1350VA, MO-RA3 420 w/ 2 x WCP D5-Vario Pumps w/HeatKiller D5-TOP, PrimoChill RevolverSX UV Pink Rigid Fittings.

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/12 02:50:33 (permalink)
On a side note, I was testing out Island Fleet's Kingpin tonight while he and I are waiting for our Optimus blocks and I was finally able to break 15k in Port Royal with my POS test pc.  Asus Tuff Gaming Mobo, 5800X cpu, and average ram was used with no rebar settings.  It looked like I was hitting around 470 watts of power draw but we wont know for sure until we build his pc and get that card changed out and blocked into his open loop system that we have to build still.  Now it has me more excited about mines to see if I can get mines to do similar performances.  But from the early results it looks like atleast his KP is pretty decent.  

Have a good weekend, here's hope that we get some good news this week.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 995
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/12 03:56:14 (permalink)
pmclean
Wow you love repeating yourself don't you? 

Since you don't comprehend what you read and can't follow a conversation, I'm forced to repeat myself in an attempt to get you to follow the conversation and comprehend it.

pmclean 
I never said machining precision parts I said creating parts. Can you comprehend what I say? You keep trying to twist my words.

Creating a part can be interpreted as machining.  If you were clearer with what you are trying to say and could follow the conversation then that wouldn't be an issue.  I'm not twisting your words.  You are doing that on your own.

pmclean
Now you're making parts for the international space station and "several other high priced objects orbiting in space"?!?!?!? As opposed to the low priced objects orbiting in space? Are there low priced objects orbiting in space? 

Again you show that you failed reading comprehension in school.  Go back and read it again,  I said, "I've been involved in machining race car engine parts in the same machine ship that was contracted to make parts for the international space station and several other high priced objects orbiting in space.  I'm familiar what it takes to machine something to high tolerances."

Yes there are "low price" objects orbiting in space.  Its all relative when you are talking about things with values in the in the hundreds of millions and billions.

pmclean
There are several other customers that have attested to receiving communication from Optimus. Ever think that maybe it has something to do with you? 

Nope, it has nothing to do with me when users everywhere in computer hardware forums, reddit, computer related discords, and Facebook computer hardware groups all have people complaining about Optimus' complete lack of communication and failure to respond to customer emails and other methods of communication.  One of the first replies from other people when I see someone mention Optimus is along the lines of either, "how many months late was your preorder" or "It would be nice if they responded to their customers"

pmclean 
Of course they don't make brand Xylem pumps, who's trying to change the subject? You claimed their pumps are over priced and that pumps that cost half the price perform just as well. 

There you go changing the topic when you are proven wrong.  I was obviously talking about the entire PUMP/RES ASSEMBLY.   Do you really believe I was talking about the D5 pump inside the entire pump/res assembly and not the entire assembly itself?  Really??? 

Stop grasping at straws in a failed attempt of trying not to make yourself look bad.

pmclean  
Do you think showing some random person's twitter proves what you're saying? How old are you? 

It shows another example of a pattern of behavior that is well known throughout the computer enthusiast community.  Do I also have to spell that out for you since you can't comprehend what you see and read????

pmclean   
What does your overclock scores have to do with Optimus' customer service? Who's trying to change the subject? 

Again you completely fail to comprehend what you read and completely fail to follow a conversation.  That was in response to you saying, "If you're not overclocking then I would question why you would want to buy any high end blocks to begin with."

I reply to your incorrect statement or assumption and you say I'm changing the subject?  Really?  You are grasping at straws again to try to make yourself not look bad again at this point.  Maybe if you would comprehend what your read and could follow the conversation you wouldn't feel so embarrassed.

pmclean    
You've had an accusatory tone throughout all your post about this. You said they lied to get more sales. That is accusing them of malicious intent. 

It wouldn't be the first time a computer hardware company has done that or the last.  How else do you explain a company telling me a product is in stock and available with many units in stock available to ship right now , then I immediately order and its out of stock for 3+ months and I have to wait for it to be produced?

pmclean     
I'm done with this, don't bother repeating yourself again and again. You're just going in circles.

If you wouldn't fail to comprehend what you read and could actually follow the conversation, then I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

pmclean     
No company can make everyone happy. Some one is always going to have something to complain about. 

A company could at least make a half assed attempt at customer service if they don't want complaints and people everywhere complaining about a lack of communications and repeated missed deadlines.

pmclean    
I posted to tell people that Optimus is NOT as bad as you make them out to be. Several other users have joined in to say the same thing I'm saying. That their experiences with Optimus have been fine and they have received emails back from them. You told everyone your side. It doesn't make what I and others have said untrue. 

I'm saying your experience is the EXCEPTION and NOTH THE NORM with Optimus based not only on my experience, but the experience of hundreds or thousands of others posting about it elsewhere.  Yet you keep trying to say its not when the widespread comments elsewhere say otherwise.

Please read, and reread, and comprehend what you read before replying next time.  It appears to be something you have difficulty with.
pclausen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 10:11:43 (permalink)
FYI:  https://twitter.com/Optimus_WC/status/1438894443487105027

No idea how to select what Cerakote color I want instead of the Satin Nickel I ordered...
mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 10:46:50 (permalink)
pclausen

No idea how to select what Cerakote color I want instead of the Satin Nickel I ordered...

I think Optimus answered this here, although they did not mention when they will start delivery of pre-orders; supposedly next week:

https://twitter.com/crazy...us/1438913092143001603

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 10:59:04 (permalink)
pclausen

Thanks for posting this.  I didn't have a chance to see what they were up to and came on to the forums and found your post.  I was actually starting to think they were going to miss their timeline to post info this week.  I checked my email and I haven't gotten anything yet to allow me to change my color, but given the choices (Matte White, Matter Black, Satin Silver) I am going to stay with the silver since for the most part I don't plan on running colored coolant.  I think the white would be awesome with colored coolant and help make the colors pop, the black would be more a subdued color for a stealth build perhaps.

On their site it shows a blue, but interestingly it is not an option listed in their tweet.  The blue does look kinda cool and it's vastly different from what I've seen in water blocks available.  

Now waiting on the emails to let them know what color we want.  It's nice that they are putting both colors of orings in the KP orders so we can choose what we want without having to buy another oring.  Plus in the worst case scenario you now will have a spare to keep around.  

post edited by Gotspeed_2000 - 2021/09/17 11:08:24

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
pclausen
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 197
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 11:02:29 (permalink)
mech9t5
pclausen

I think Optimus answered this here, although they did not mention when they will start delivery of pre-orders; supposedly next week:

Yeah that was me posting (tweeting?) that question.  Ok, that makes sense.
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 11:02:49 (permalink)
mech9t5
pclausen

Mech9t5,
Did you order one too?  I'm looking forward to finally getting my KP into my loop.  My bench test pc sucks when compared to my PC so I'm really looking forward to getting the block and and literally tearing apart my KP hybrid to get this block on it.  Might be time to use a sick day or two when it comes in.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 12:14:30 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
mech9t5
pclausen

Mech9t5,
Did you order one too?  I'm looking forward to finally getting my KP into my loop.  My bench test pc sucks when compared to my PC so I'm really looking forward to getting the block and and literally tearing apart my KP hybrid to get this block on it.  Might be time to use a sick day or two when it comes in.  

Yes I did.  I got your PM about the pre-order in July.  Again, thank you for the heads up.  I have not installed the EVGA KP HC kit; wanted to wait for the Optimus block.  Hopefully, they will start shipping next week.

mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 12:17:30 (permalink)
pclausen
mech9t5
pclausen

Yeah that was me posting (tweeting?) that question.  Ok, that makes sense.

Man, I did not make that connection with your EVGA and Twitter name...lol

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 14:02:37 (permalink)
mech9t5
Gotspeed_2000
mech9t5
pclausen

Mech9t5,

Yes I did.  I got your PM about the pre-order in July.  Again, thank you for the heads up.  I have not installed the EVGA KP HC kit; wanted to wait for the Optimus block.  Hopefully, they will start shipping next week.

Not too sure on the shipping tbh.  I'm thinking it will be shipped out at the earliest late next week or early the following week.  Either way they are meeting their timelines now and it's a matter of time before we get our blocks.  It's going to be fun times getting these into our systems.  

I like their new finishes but we will have to see how they work out in the long term.  They have a 10 year warranty so I'm pretty sure it should be good.  I kinda like the black because it is looks stealth like, but my case is so dark I don't think its for me.   I've seen someone here wrap the interior of their case in carbon fiber wrap and that black might look really good in their build and color scheme. The silver would match the rest of my build currently, but I like the picture of the blue block they have even though it isn't an option they are giving us at release.  The white would look nuts with color coolant, but I'm done with colored coolant unless something comes up where I have to display my PC.  That would be the only time I put colored coolant in my build again.  I didn't have a good experience with the EK mystic cloud when I filled my system with it.  I'm sure there are others who have good things to say about it, but for me it was a headache even though I prepped my loop pretty good.  

Have a great weekend everyone, our wait is almost over for the Optimus KP blocks.  

Thank you PMC for posting the update bro also.  I forgot to mention that earlier.  I was actually thinking that Optimus was going to miss their release of info deadline they shared last week.  If the info Optimus posted to their website is correct, then it is somewhat of a game changer having a coating with similar thermal properties as raw copper but having a higher level of hardness and chemical resistance than both copper and nickel plating is something that could change how water blocks are made and how long their coatings last.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
sawtheDEVIL
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/17 14:38:55 (permalink)
Dope! Love the Cerakote finishes. Think I'll do the white.

Rama Kara Noct/T1's/GMK WOB/Pwnage Ultra Custom>Thermaltake WP100>Dark Hero VIII>5950x/32gb Dominator Platinum RGB>3090 KPE>32G7/32GK850G/27HBU
DEJ915
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 544
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/19 12:06:03 (permalink)
These fools should wait until the product is actually ready to be manufactured before taking orders on it.  Changing the product once a month for several months and never delivering is just rude to the customer.
dng25
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/20 13:09:17 (permalink)
DEJ915
These fools should wait until the product is actually ready to be manufactured before taking orders on it.  Changing the product once a month for several months and never delivering is just rude to the customer.

Then don't order until it's ready???  Nobody is forcing you to preorder lol.
Nealx01
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/20 13:25:48 (permalink)
they really shouldnt even put date ranges with their preorders. theyre always late, and it makes them look incompetent or nefarious. it only reflects poorly on them when they continually miss dates they themselves make and put out to their customers..
i preordered the blocks, but i knew full well it sure as heck wasn't coming when they said it would. be lucky to have them by Christmas. however i did email them on Friday asking for replacement hardware for my CPU block (i tore it up with pliers) and they emailed me back within about two hours and said sure and gave me a tracking number no questions asked. so that was positive.

do we have a pool on over/under date for when blocks actually ship? LOL

Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/20 17:32:23 (permalink)
I am going with order clarification either Thursday or Friday pertaining to who wants what colors and then depending on whether they have them finished with those colors to be shipped out the middle of the following week.  

To be honest, I can't see how Optimus is ready to ship out blocks without knowing what colors the customers want.  They are offering 3 colors so unless they have tons of supply how can they have enough blocks coated and ready for immediate shipping?  I was hoping for an email either today or tomorrow asking us so that we can start getting our choices in so they can plan/prepare them for shipping, but I didn't get anything today.  

If the blocks are not cerakoted yet, then the ship out dates once they send us the info on how to choice what color finishes we want will be different based on the amount of time it will take them to coat the blocks in the quantity of colors requested, assemble the blocks, and the prepare them for shipping.  I can't see how they are going to do it by the end of next week unless the coating process is that much faster now.  The KP block is not a large scale order so I can't see them preparing a bunch of each color and having them available to package.  

And for the record I do like the products Optimus makes and manufacturers.  I don't plan on buying any water block from another company as long as there is a offering from Optimus.  But I really can't see them sending out the blocks next week.  I'm cool waiting a little longer, and who knows maybe they did make enough to stock some on the side so that they could meet all their orders regardless of what colors users requested.

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
dadashshn
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/20 19:05:03 (permalink)
I admit this is a nice gpu block,very nice,But I want to have a gpu first
mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/21 15:41:08 (permalink)
Optimus will not keep their schedule of shipping this week:

https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1440438542014955520

They did not say when they plan to ship. It’s probably good this way since they cannot meet their schedule.
post edited by mech9t5 - 2021/09/21 15:45:35

kraade
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2377
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/21 16:11:51 (permalink)
mech9t5

They did not say when they plan to ship. It’s probably good this way since they cannot meet their schedule.

that sound like they are not even close.....
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/21 16:31:12 (permalink)
I don't think they were going to ship this week.  They were supposed to let the ones who ordered the choice of colors with shipping to follow.  Knowing Optimus I'm thinking they are going to notify the early buyers of color choice late this week either Thursday or Friday.  

The person who tweeted them basically said if it doesn't ship this week that they would cancel their order.  The Optimus response was to that, so as they shared earlier they released info late last week on what was going on with the block which turned out to be the cerakote and the addition of both the black and white gaskets/orings for the blocks.  Then the notifications of color choices would be sent to those who ordered.  Until those go out, nothing can be done so I'm checking my emails looking for that notification throughout the day.  

I'm still thinking we are a few weeks out before they ship to the majority of early orders.  But I am hoping they are able to ship the blocks out very soon.  

I'm crossing my fingers that they are able to hold their timelines as I really want to get my Kingpin into my open loop pc.  

I'm thinking once they notify and get our choices for finishes, then we would be about two weeks from ship out from them at that point.  Until then, we are waiting for the next step and email from them.  

If anyone gets their notification of color choice email, can you post it here.  I will do the same as well.  

The wait is almost over.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/21 16:37:30 (permalink)
kraade
mech9t5

that sound like they are not even close.....

I think it's more the way the person tweeted.  If you look at the original post they responded to it was like an ultimatum.  If you don't ship, I'm cancelling my order.  So if someone was like that to me, I'd pretty much have the same response at that point.  Either way, Optimus wouldn't look good so at this point they are just doing what the guy wanted and helping him out the door since they know there is no way to ship out the items or even cut in front of earlier pre-orders if the initial release is limited because of the various selections of finishes you have now.  

I really didn't think it would ship out this week or even next week to be honest.  I'm actually thinking mid October more than likely.  It will all depend on how long it takes them to get the request for the finishes out to the purchasers.  I would've liked to see that request for selection go out last week as it would help them prepare for what they needed, but seeing how we are still waiting I'm thinking we are still a few weeks out.  

I'm going to wait because I do think their products have been worth the wait.  But to each their own so if you don't wan to wait you can always contact them to cancel your order.  

ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
mech9t5
FTW Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/21 16:39:43 (permalink)
Well, in response to the tweet, Optimus did say that they “will not ship this week as previously announced”, unfortunately. So yeah, we still don’t have hard date of when the emails will be sent out and of shipping.

Kasque
  • Total Posts : 100
Flagged as Spam (4)
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2021/09/23 06:43:01 (permalink)
you are lucky i can't get my hand on anything 

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 55
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile