AnsweredHot!Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up

Author
erkansus2
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/08/24 02:21:21 (permalink)
Hello All,

Recently I purchased a XR1 Pro capture card in order to stream, as it was the best option for a non-pcie capture card, that allows 1080p 240 passthrough, and has a built in mixer.

I have encountered some issues with the card within my setup. For starts, I'm running a dual PC setup, with a Gaming rig, and a discord/OBS/streaming rig. The streaming rig is a MSI laptop which was purchased before getting my other computer. 

Before getting the XR1 pro card, I would have the audio from the laptop go through a 3.5mm aux cord, into the Line-in port on my EVGA x570 FTW board. I would then go to the sound options on my main computer, and configure the laptop to be a "microphone" using the line-in port, and toggle the "listen to this device" option, to allow audio from the laptop to be heard on my main computer.

This setup worked well, with zero audio issues whatsoever.

After getting the XR1 Pro, and using it for passthrough streaming to the laptop, I have noticed a horrible, fairly loud buzzing/electronic interference noise, that is constant. This can be heard at the same volume regardless of the volume level of both computers, and persists even if I completely remove the laptop from the equation and power the XR1 Pro device through a dedicated USB power source.

I have tried the solution of messing with bitrates, as well as purchasing and installing a ground loop isolator in multiple locations throughout the setup. The interesting thing to me, is the noise persists, even when only using the XR1 device as a passthrough device, without a 2nd device installed.

I have tried changing circuits for all of the components in the setup, and trying to put all the devices on the same circuit; which did not help.

The ground loop isolator did not remove the noise entirely, but it did lower the volume of the buzzing sound. This somehow also caused all the noise to be reduced from the PC, and I have to raise the volume to double or triple what I had it at before. (for example, 15-20 volume, and now 50-70 volume is the same sound level, with worse clarity).

I find this to be extremely irritating to hear, and its one of the first times where I've bought an EVGA product and genuinely could not utilize it fully/was disappointed in the product.

At this point, I cannot stream as the sound causes me to have a headache within a few minutes, and I must play music/etc. extremely loudly to drown out the buzzing sound.

I have been able to get the buzzing to stop by removing the XR1 Pro device entirely, which fixes the issue, so I can isolate the problem to being with the device itself.

I have tried a total of 3 different HDMI cords (all VESA certified) in every configuration, which did not solve the issue. I would greatly appreciate any help, or advice that can be given to me so that I can play/stream without buzzing in my ear & without ruining the audio quality of the ATH-AD700X headphones that I have. For reference, I believe the resistance of the headphones/drivers is 38 ohms, but worked perfectly well with being plugged directly into the MOBO, to a phone, and to the monitor itself.

The only other thing I could thing of is that potentially the resistance is a bit too high for the 3.5mm port on the XR1 Pro, and that the capture card cannot drive them, but the volume is sufficiently loud without the ground loop isolator (the volume drop is probably a byproduct of adding additional resistance with the isolator)

please help, thanks..
Venomized_ram
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 04:41:47 (permalink)
I’m having this same issue and have seen a lot of this issue from others on the web. Nobody has been able to answer anyone on how to fix this issue and I have contacted evga thru their site and still have not heard back from them. Starting to seem like a waste of money.
erkansus2
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 08:09:05 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2024/06/26 11:38:37
Venomized_ram
I’m having this same issue and have seen a lot of this issue from others on the web. Nobody has been able to answer anyone on how to fix this issue and I have contacted evga thru their site and still have not heard back from them. Starting to seem like a waste of money.

I had found a solution and forgot to update this here.

Apparently this is a common problem with audio systems, as when two different audio systems share a common ground, a bit of electrical noise is generated and can be heard audibly.

The solutuon was to use an isolator on the 3.5mm side, and it fixed it right away.

If you can remind me later today, i can send you the link for the item, I think it was like 5$.
post edited by erkansus2 - 2024/06/26 08:11:07
Venomized_ram
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 09:23:32 (permalink)
It’s also being heard thru my live streaming and not just my headset. I usually don’t have my headset plugged into the xr1 but my xr1 is just hdmi to the tv and console to computer and having the sound issue. I didn’t have it on my laptop.
erkansus2
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 10:21:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2024/06/26 11:39:21
If its being heard through stream, then it would be an issue with your sound settings.

The electrical interference i had was on my end, bc of shared ground between 2 seperately powered systems.

If you post all your windows input/outputs in sound settings I could probably help. Most likely you have "listen to this device" selected on one of your microphone inputs, which is why its being picked up on stream.

When I was going through this issue, i kept thinking there was a problem with my capture card, but it ultimately was my settings/set up
Venomized_ram
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:04:26 (permalink)
Send me an email @venomizedram@gmail.com. I have a video of the sound I get from both my headset and/or when the stream is live.
erkansus2
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:24:03 (permalink)
Im at work for the next 10 hrs or so, can you upload to youtube?
Venomized_ram
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:26:29 (permalink)
To just my channel or send in a message?
erkansus2
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:30:52 (permalink)
Doesnt matter, just a way for me to observe the issue while im at work, i dont have access to my email currently

Hopefully its a simple fix, it ended up being simple for my situation
Venomized_ram
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:31:46 (permalink)
Ok. I’ll see what I can do.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30689
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:41:28 (permalink)
erkansus2
Venomized_ram

I had found a solution and forgot to update this here.

Apparently this is a common problem with audio systems, as when two different audio systems share a common ground, a bit of electrical noise is generated and can be heard audibly.

The solutuon was to use an isolator on the 3.5mm side, and it fixed it right away.

If you can remind me later today, i can send you the link for the item, I think it was like 5$.

Thanks for the update about your fix

very nice your trying to help the other member - sort out their sound issues

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Venomized_ram
Re: Audio issue with XR 1 Pro card in a dual PC set up 2024/06/26 11:42:59 (permalink)
Ok search RichardG800 on YouTube and newest uploaded video is the sound thru the headset. It was taken a few days ago. I’ll be home in a few hours but the sound is the same when streaming and viewers hear this sound.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile