RTX 3080 ftw3 ultra+water cooler+cooper mod

Author
mordant_mohamad
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/09/07 17:04:44 (permalink)
hi everyone i have 3 question hope you can help me

1_ is there any schematic map of custom cooper pad for memories on  this card (rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra) ,something like this https :// www.tomshardware.com/news/copper-plate-mod-rtx-3080
i want to use that map for cnc laser cut   on cooper plate , drawing such map without tools is a bit tricky

2_ can i replace the hydrocooper cooler of a  xc3 3080ti or ftw3 3080ti   with  air cooler of a  3080ftw3 ultra? be aware air cooler dosent belong to  Ti card.

3_ can i use a normal cpu aio cooler  for hydro cards with a little customization ? like take the outgo pipe from pump to card and from graphic card outgo to radiator , isit going to work?

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30693
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: RTX 3080 ftw3 ultra+water cooler+cooper mod 2024/09/08 13:16:49 (permalink)
    mordant_mohamad

1_ is there any schematic map of custom cooper pad for memories on  this card (rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra) ,something like this https :// www.tomshardware.com/news/copper-plate-mod-rtx-3080
    i want to use that map for cnc laser cut   on cooper plate , drawing such map without tools is a bit tricky

2_ can i replace the hydrocooper cooler of a  xc3 3080ti or ftw3 3080ti   with  air cooler of a  3080ftw3 ultra? be aware air cooler dosent belong to  Ti card.

3_ can i use a normal cpu aio cooler  for hydro cards with a little customization ? like take the outgo pipe from pump to card and from graphic card outgo to radiator , isit going to work?

Which GPU do you actually have? (your post is hard to follow)

Q1) schematic map of custom cooper pad   not that I've seen on EVGA site.  I suggest web search to see if such product is sold

Q2) replace the hydrocooper cooler with EVGA air cooler (yes, if you get one made for your card)

1st ---> the FTW3 Cards are physically larger than the XC3 cards .... so air coolers are not interchangeable

2nd - my web search, results were on first page .... Look at photos & compare Air Coolers 3080 FTW3 vs 3080Ti FTW3
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Review - TechPowerUp

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Review - Pictures & Teardown - TechPower

Q3)  Regarding AIO type coolers. 
    - These are Aluminum systems & should not be mixed with non aluminum metals, like a hydro copper block
    - I would doubt they have the pressure & flow
     found this in the EVGA Forums   ---> Aftermarket Water Cooling for EVGA FTW3 3080ti

Interesting this sold @ AlphaCool: you might find something  https://www.alphacool.com/en/gpu-config

Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 FTW3 with Backplate Article number: 14414

(not sure if one is available for your GPU, AIO with full block) ---> Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090 TI FTW3 with backplate = compatibility list

--> mounting an AIO block might be made to work to cool the Die.  However there is the memory & other chips that also nee cooling

I'd look for the EVGA Hybrid Kit made for your specific card

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

mordant_mohamad
    Re: RTX 3080 ftw3 ultra+water cooler+cooper mod 2024/09/09 11:46:38 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    mordant_mohamad

Q1) schematic map of custom cooper pad   not that I've seen on EVGA site.  I suggest web search to see if such product is sold

Q2) replace the hydrocooper cooler with EVGA air cooler (yes, if you get one made for your card)

1st ---> the FTW3 Cards are physically larger than the XC3 cards .... so air coolers are not interchangeable

2nd - my web search, results were on first page .... Look at photos & compare Air Coolers 3080 FTW3 vs 3080Ti FTW3

- These are Aluminum systems & should not be mixed with non aluminum metals, like a hydro copper block
     found this in the EVGA Forums   ---> Aftermarket Water Cooling for EVGA FTW3 3080ti

Interesting this sold @ AlphaCool: you might find something  https://www.alphacool.com/en/gpu-config

Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 FTW3 with Backplate Article number: 14414

(not sure if one is available for your GPU, AIO with full block) ---> Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3090 TI FTW3 with backplate = compatibility list

--> mounting an AIO block might be made to work to cool the Die.  However there is the memory & other chips that also nee cooling

Cool GTX
    mordant_mohamad

hi  tnx for help
    about first question the product itself (the copper pad) were in the market, but the schematic map  that im gona use to create my own pad dosent. atleast  i couldnt find any, yet i tried to make the map by using  roller and some try and error process, yet its never perfect enough .

about cards  there are   FTW3 ultra 3080  10gb   /  FTW3 hydrocopper 3080Ti 12gb/    XC3 hydrocopper 3080Ti 12gb/

about second question
    so did it get it right?  i cant replace   my FTW3 ultra 3080 with  xc3 3080ti hydrocopper , but it will fit for the FTW3 hydrocopper 3080Ti ? am i right?
    and also i didnt get this part

2nd - my web search, results were on first page

you mean you have a topic about this mater in first page of 30 series forum?
    also i checked the photos in techpowerup its look identical to me for  both FTW ultra 3080  and FTW3 ultra 3080Ti.

and about 3rd  question i believe  there is a misunderstanding
    the card im speaking of is a hydrocopper not a hybrid and its seems they speak about hybrid card in the topic u mentioned , yet pictures are expired in that topic so i cant tell for sure.
    and i dont want to replace any part of card that ends in mixing different material , what im asking is that is this possible to use CPU aio cooler for GPU with some modification . the aio bump  is not going to get connect with any part of they hydrocopper card , as i said in theory just going to use outlit pipe from pump to graphic card and a new custum pipe from graphic card to the radiator.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30693
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: RTX 3080 ftw3 ultra+water cooler+cooper mod 2024/09/09 13:15:51 (permalink)
    You are saying you have these 3 different cards?

FTW3 ultra 3080  10gb 
              FTW3 hydrocopper 3080Ti 12gb 
              XC3 hydrocopper 3080Ti 12gb

Yes --> EVGA "OEM Stock - air coolers" can be use in place of the "EVGA hydro cooper water block" --- as long as you get one made to fit the model of GPU you have

Look for a Service provider in your region, that has a hand held scanner to digitize the information - would probably be the only accurate way to "map the card(s)"

Just make sure the copper never touches anything conductive, or you'll destroy the card

RE: Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO --> that was a product that was(is?) offered as a solution for those who did not want a to build a custom loop to cool GPU

Yes, there are ways to use a "CPU AIO" to cool the "GPU Die" ..... however, you still need to cool the other parts of the video card
    Kraken G12 | GPU Cooler Mounting Bracket | Gaming PCs - NZXT

(In reference to the "CPU AIO" --> If you can find a EVGA Hybrid Kit, then you would have everything needed https://www.asetek.com/partners/evga/)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

mordant_mohamad
    Re: RTX 3080 ftw3 ultra+water cooler+cooper mod 2024/09/11 02:59:16 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    You are saying you have these 3 different cards?

FTW3 ultra 3080  10gb 
              FTW3 hydrocopper 3080Ti 12gb 
              XC3 hydrocopper 3080Ti 12gb

Yes --> EVGA "OEM Stock - air coolers" can be use in place of the "EVGA hydro cooper water block" --- as long as you get one made to fit the model of GPU you have

Look for a Service provider in your region, that has a hand held scanner to digitize the information - would probably be the only accurate way to "map the card(s)"

Just make sure the copper never touches anything conductive, or you'll destroy the card

RE: Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO --> that was a product that was(is?) offered as a solution for those who did not want a to build a custom loop to cool GPU

Yes, there are ways to use a "CPU AIO" to cool the "GPU Die" ..... however, you still need to cool the other parts of the video card
    Kraken G12 | GPU Cooler Mounting Bracket | Gaming PCs - NZXT

(In reference to the "CPU AIO" --> If you can find a EVGA Hybrid Kit, then you would have everything needed https://www.asetek.com/partners/evga/)

tnx for help 
    whats the meaning of OEM?  and you keep mentioning  as long as i get one made to fit .....   its like you say yes and yet not sure ?  those links from techpower up didnt mentioned any thing specific about that
    but  in the looks they are same , are you telling me that i need to check if it fits from other sources? again  cards are fTW3 hydro copper 3080Ti and FTW3 ultra 3080 .

potentially yes i can have those 3 cards but  because i dont  have access to any of those cooler mounts you  already mentioned   (ek or kraken or anythign else ) i hesitated to buy those hydrocopper cards.
    unless the cpu aio plan works.
    also open loops are so expensive to buy just for a graphic card.
    yet i Believe i couldn't clarify my plan about aio.  im not going to change any part of hydrocopper card , i just want to use pipes and pupm of an aio cooler + 1 another extra pipe to cool the hydrocopper.
    if its not clear what i mean i can drow someting on paper to make it more clear .
    and  again thank you for your time and effort .

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile