EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 130 of 240
Author
Clayman31
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 16:29:07 (permalink)
Dabadger84
The 1000W BIOS really doesn't "fix" the issue, just an FYI, all it does is make the card draw more power through the PCIe slot, which is dangerous & could lead to card failure later on down the line, or sooner, depending on what your computer feels like doing about it.  PCIe spec as was discussed a while back in this thread, is 75W.  The 1000W BIOS from what I've seen can get upwards of 90W draw from the PCIe slot (which is why it's giving you "better" power draw than the "500W" broken XOC BIOS).  I would not recommend using that BIOS myself, it isn't really fixing the issue, it's just creating another one.
The XC3 BIOS also didn't work for me, clocks didn't go any higher, weren't anymore stable, and scores were lower at the same clocks, so it looks like this card will be headed the way of the RMA department once I get my Kingpin card in.  Can't RMA right now because I don't have a viable backup card.

Also, if you're seeing 84C, your ambient is either too hot, or something else weird is going on like needing to repaste indeed, because I've never seen temps that high, not on the 3080 FTW3 Ultra I had before (topped out at around 65C under prolonged heavy load) or my 3090 FTW3 Hybrid now (tops out at 53-57C depending on the load & ambient temps).  Anything over 60C on a Hybrid card is too high imo, unless your ambient is greater than 80F.  That's an indication of either needing a remount/repaste, or horrible airflow.

Will getting a kingpin card solve this issue? Just curious why you want one unless it doesn't have the same issue.

Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3426
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 16:42:37 (permalink)
Clayman31
Dabadger84
The 1000W BIOS really doesn't "fix" the issue, just an FYI, all it does is make the card draw more power through the PCIe slot, which is dangerous & could lead to card failure later on down the line, or sooner, depending on what your computer feels like doing about it.  PCIe spec as was discussed a while back in this thread, is 75W.  The 1000W BIOS from what I've seen can get upwards of 90W draw from the PCIe slot (which is why it's giving you "better" power draw than the "500W" broken XOC BIOS).  I would not recommend using that BIOS myself, it isn't really fixing the issue, it's just creating another one.
The XC3 BIOS also didn't work for me, clocks didn't go any higher, weren't anymore stable, and scores were lower at the same clocks, so it looks like this card will be headed the way of the RMA department once I get my Kingpin card in.  Can't RMA right now because I don't have a viable backup card.

Also, if you're seeing 84C, your ambient is either too hot, or something else weird is going on like needing to repaste indeed, because I've never seen temps that high, not on the 3080 FTW3 Ultra I had before (topped out at around 65C under prolonged heavy load) or my 3090 FTW3 Hybrid now (tops out at 53-57C depending on the load & ambient temps).  Anything over 60C on a Hybrid card is too high imo, unless your ambient is greater than 80F.  That's an indication of either needing a remount/repaste, or horrible airflow.

Will getting a kingpin card solve this issue? Just curious why you want one unless it doesn't have the same issue.

A primary reason I'm getting one is I want that extra 120+MHz headroom on the core (it starts with a 120MHz higher core clock base, and has of course, higher OCing room than standard FTW3 cards, both because of the voltage control, and because of the superior cooling with the 360mm radiator).  Every little bit of extra horsepower I can get to run this 5120 x 1440 display (which is 7.4M pixels AKA almost so-called 4 so-called K, 2160p resolution) is what I'm trying to squeeze out of this system now.  The Kingpin is only one more step along that road - Hoping I can run around 2200MHz 24/7 stable at least, and since the majority of the cards seem to hit that, I think it's a fair aim.

It also has to do with the power limit issue, though there are reports the Kingpin can run in to a wall around 470W sometimes, on the default LN2 BIOS (which has a 520W hard-cap), hoping I get one that doesn't have that issue, though that would still be an improvement over what I have now where I'm seeing PWR at as low as 420W draw at times.

And I've also always wanted an apex-level/Kingpin card since I haven't owned one since back when they were still called Classified cards, before eVGA/Vince put his moniker on them directly.  Since I plan on keeping the card for at least a full generation (AKA until the next generation of RT cores come out, not just a refresh of the current gen, so probably 2 years from this last launch), the more power the merrier - and a lil' pinch of looking forward to having a card with a lot more things I can tweak/play with to really get the most out of the GPU instead of being heavily restricted like almost every other card is by NVidia's drivers, programming & software being so restrictive.

ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42891  
Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Kylearan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 17:46:17 (permalink)
Dabadger84
Kylearan
Does the new hotfix driver fix the "6500C" thermal throttle temp flag bug that's been present in every single driver since the very first 457.xx branch?

I can confirm the 461.09s does NOT fix that issue, I'm running the newest driver & had it happen on 2 sensors during a Cyberpunk 2077 session yesterday.  Haven't tried the HotFix ones yet.

461.09 is NOT the newest driver.

https://nvidia.custhelp.c...swers/detail/a_id/5152
MastahFR
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 18:01:12 (permalink)
I was sick on waiting for a bios to correct the issue (a bios that will probably never exist) and because I am just going to get a Strix O24G that is on it's way, I will just sell the GPU.
I wish a good luck everyone for getting either an RMA or a bios to fix the issue.

For me after 4 months and no official message from evga since a long time is not a good sign.
That was my first EVGA card (always wanted one but each time the cards were out of stock on each generation) and will be most likely my last from EVGA.
sammaza421
  • Total Posts : 65
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 18:41:33 (permalink)
Whirling electrons!  faster! whirl faster!
Clayman31
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 18:50:17 (permalink)
MastahFR
I was sick on waiting for a bios to correct the issue (a bios that will probably never exist) and because I am just going to get a Strix O24G that is on it's way, I will just sell the GPU.
I wish a good luck everyone for getting either an RMA or a bios to fix the issue.

For me after 4 months and no official message from evga since a long time is not a good sign.
That was my first EVGA card (always wanted one but each time the cards were out of stock on each generation) and will be most likely my last from EVGA.

How much faster is a strix? Isn't it 480w with worse warranty service?
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 19:01:35 (permalink)
Clayman31

As far as I have heard, with it's default BIOS, that is entirely correct.  Asus warranty from what I have heard is utter garbageo especially in the U.S., which is why I went with Gigabyte for my motherboard this particular build instead of Asus, and why I'm 100% going with eVGA if I do indeed go the Z590 route... and because let's face it, the Z590 Dark looks all kindsa hot with that bare Copper all over it & the gold-base motherboard.

From what I understand Asus is one of the worst warranty/RMA services to deal with for people in the U.S., luckily I've never had to and likely never will now... unless I end up buying that PCIe M.2 expansion card at some point that they make.

Specs:
5950x @ 4.7GHz 1.3V - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - eVGA 1200W P2 - 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver @ 3800 CL14
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC w/ Core: 2850MHz @ 1000mV, Mem: +1500MHz - Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

zogge
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/20 23:01:46 (permalink)
I changed from Evga gaming 3090 to Strix 3090 as well for all the issues with this bios. Now with a Bykski block and MP5 works BPC it stays on 10-12 delta T and with 520W bios I can hit 2200/21900 while gaming. Still power limited.
I would really love to have the evga warranty though and I am really greateful for their bios releases, as long as you dont have an EVGA card that is.
eXp67
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 02:54:36 (permalink)
arestavo
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Please post back here when your system crisps, as others would benefit from hearing about it. (People aren't joking about the no protections - the VRMs, the VRAM (this one seems the most likely, with the non-cooled VRAM stack on the back of the card), and everything else that there might be - the card will not stop until something gives out with the unlocked, warranty voiding 1000W Kingpin VBIOS)

You mean that temp that i reported was too much ?
I'll inevitably kill my card with the 1000W on aircooled ?
From 500W XOC to 550W unlocked, i see not so much difference with temp?
I never see the card bottlenecking because of too hot with the VRAM on XOC.

If you confirm at 100% that i'll kill my card, i'm doing a rollback now hehe.

Best regards,

its not killing the card actually, but if in future something goes wrong and temp get really high the card won't shutdown till it start burning because it doesnt have any protetction on

Okay.
I'll be aware of the temperature.
It is sure that with that setup, the GPU will not like a burning at 100% during long minutes/hours.

Will buy a EK ASAP and waterblock it. Will be my first watercooling EK :)
I needed to watercool the CPU (5950X) anyway which has good potential at stable 5ghz :)

Just make sure EVERYTHING that currently has TIM/pads on it has EXTREMELY good contact - and the back side VRAM will likely need a fan blowing on the backplate if you don't have water running through it (I saw 1 waterblock with active cooling on the backplate). Hot spots where icx sensors aren't at will kill that component, and again - with a warranty void VBIOS on the card, you have a $1800+ door stop when EVGA laughs at you for trying to RMA with that on it. Normal VBIOSs have limits on temperature as well that a user cannot see (each VRAM chip for sure, perhaps other things) - that's why using that unlocked VBIOS as a daily driver is insane (unless you literally have money to burn).

As to any guarantee that your card will or won't fry itself - I guarantee nothing. You're the one playing with fire, so you do you.

Thanks you for all advise.
I just confirm (lol) you that the 1000W Bios in absolutly not designed for an aircooled card.
I was very attentive to the temperature and i cannot stay on it, doesn't want to break my card.

the XOC bios let me go to 500W with a 430-450W avg. It's cool OK.
I tired the XC3 bios, but i get lower score in anybenchmark than with XOC.
Is this normal ? It possible than for some ppl the XOC bios perform better than the XC3 on a FTW3 Ultra ?

The XC3 bios doesn't seems at all to consume the power it need. 8PIN1 ~ 90W 8PIN2 ~150W , PCI-E @ 66>70W.
Correct power is not 8PIN1 : 150W / 8PIN2 : 150W ?

Maybe you have idea why XC3 perform less than XOC on my FTW3 Ultra ?
I followed your tutorial and cleanning right trace with DDU. No curve modding....

Best regards,
P4R4DiSi4C
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 03:00:07 (permalink)
eXp67
arestavo
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Please post back here when your system crisps, as others would benefit from hearing about it. (People aren't joking about the no protections - the VRMs, the VRAM (this one seems the most likely, with the non-cooled VRAM stack on the back of the card), and everything else that there might be - the card will not stop until something gives out with the unlocked, warranty voiding 1000W Kingpin VBIOS)

Best regards,

its not killing the card actually, but if in future something goes wrong and temp get really high the card won't shutdown till it start burning because it doesnt have any protetction on

Okay.
It is sure that with that setup, the GPU will not like a burning at 100% during long minutes/hours.

I needed to watercool the CPU (5950X) anyway which has good potential at stable 5ghz :)

Just make sure EVERYTHING that currently has TIM/pads on it has EXTREMELY good contact - and the back side VRAM will likely need a fan blowing on the backplate if you don't have water running through it (I saw 1 waterblock with active cooling on the backplate). Hot spots where icx sensors aren't at will kill that component, and again - with a warranty void VBIOS on the card, you have a $1800+ door stop when EVGA laughs at you for trying to RMA with that on it. Normal VBIOSs have limits on temperature as well that a user cannot see (each VRAM chip for sure, perhaps other things) - that's why using that unlocked VBIOS as a daily driver is insane (unless you literally have money to burn).

As to any guarantee that your card will or won't fry itself - I guarantee nothing. You're the one playing with fire, so you do you.

I just confirm (lol) you that the 1000W Bios in absolutly not designed for an aircooled card.
I was very attentive to the temperature and i cannot stay on it, doesn't want to break my card.

Is this normal ? It possible than for some ppl the XOC bios perform better than the XC3 on a FTW3 Ultra ?

The XC3 bios doesn't seems at all to consume the power it need. 8PIN1 ~ 90W 8PIN2 ~150W , PCI-E @ 66>70W.

I followed your tutorial and cleanning right trace with DDU. No curve modding....

Best regards,

I get the exact opposite as you have...
XOC used more power but my score was way lower than XC3...
XC3 power numbers are all *****d up but my scores are way higher...Im talking like going from 12.7k to 14k on Port Royale from XOC => XC3

Strange indeed...
eXp67
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 03:10:03 (permalink)
P4R4DiSi4C
eXp67
arestavo
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Best regards,

Okay.

Best regards,

XC3 power numbers are all *****d up but my scores are way higher...Im talking like going from 12.7k to 14k on Port Royale from XOC => XC3

Strange indeed...

Yep i absolutly don't understand and i'm not skilled so much with these 3090 like some of ppl here :)
All i can say, with XOC > PR @ 14K, XC3 > PR @ 13.2K ?

With XC3, the freq seems to got a little higher than XOC, but not stable at all.
Perfcap reason is most of the time in PWR mode with XOC/XC3.
With 1000W set at 550W, i had rarely PWR cap reason ... a little normal you'll say lol

I think really that if you have a watercooled card, you mod the RAM timing, not afraid about 90W PCI-E, the kingpin 1000W is the gral with a 600W target :)

Regards
god503
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 06:22:41 (permalink)
P4R4DiSi4C
eXp67
arestavo
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Best regards,

Okay.

Best regards,

Strange indeed...

the xc3 bios doesnt regulate the third pci power port because it was designed for a 2 port card.  thats why it allows it to draw more power than the xoc.  and thats why the third port will show that it draws more
god503
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 06:23:49 (permalink)
FYI FOR THE OPTIMUS HATERS....  I see ek just released its water block for  the 3090?  340 bucks!!!!   

exlink
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 07:10:19 (permalink)
Decided to try out a 3090 FTW3 to see how it compares to my 3090 XC3. Pretty sure the FTW3 I got is a complete dud. I max out the power limit on the XOC BIOS and the thing maxes out at 430W but it’s average power draw is 390W...

Not only that but my 3090 XC3 maintains better clock speeds at a much lower average power draw of 360W. I’m returning this FTW3. It spikes to 85W power draw from the PCI-E slot while the first two 8 pins max out at 120W and the third one at 100W. My XC3 never pulls more than 75W from the PCI-E slot and both 8-pins pull as much as 156W.

The 3090 FTW3 definitely has issues with power delivery and load balancing.
koroem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 07:36:22 (permalink)
god503
FYI FOR THE OPTIMUS HATERS....  I see ek just released its water block for  the 3090?  340 bucks!!!!   

It was $184.99. You are confusing it with the Founders Edition which is a whole other thing.

Asus Maximus Hero XI wifi / Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.2 / EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra (RMAed "fixed" version)
16GB G.Skill 3200 cl14 / 2x Samsung NVME evo 970 1TB
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w
Caselabs Magnum TH10
H-Emmanuel
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 07:36:44 (permalink)
eXp67
Yep i absolutly don't understand and i'm not skilled so much with these 3090 like some of ppl here :)

With XC3, the freq seems to got a little higher than XOC, but not stable at all.
With 1000W set at 550W, i had rarely PWR cap reason ... a little normal you'll say lol

I think really that if you have a watercooled card, you mod the RAM timing, not afraid about 90W PCI-E, the kingpin 1000W is the gral with a 600W target :)

Regards

Does the 1000W Kingpin have looser timings than stock or XOC, or you're just saying that in general?

koroem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 07:40:55 (permalink)
exlink
Decided to try out a 3090 FTW3 to see how it compares to my 3090 XC3. Pretty sure the FTW3 I got is a complete dud. I max out the power limit on the XOC BIOS and the thing maxes out at 430W but it’s average power draw is 390W...

Not only that but my 3090 XC3 maintains better clock speeds at a much lower average power draw of 360W. I’m returning this FTW3. It spikes to 85W power draw from the PCI-E slot while the first two 8 pins max out at 120W and the third one at 100W. My XC3 never pulls more than 75W from the PCI-E slot and both 8-pins pull as much as 156W.

The 3090 FTW3 definitely has issues with power delivery and load balancing.

This issue is getting ridiculous now. 3,888 posts and no response. Lets lean on GamersNexus to do some in depth testing. They have a working relationship with EVGA and Kingpin, maybe they can lend an actual ear to our concerns over this issue and EVGA might make right on it.

Their contact info:
https://www.gamersnexus.n...portgn/1200-contact-us

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c...hIs72whgZI9w6d6FhwGGHA
post edited by koroem - 2021/01/21 08:29:58

Asus Maximus Hero XI wifi / Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.2 / EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra (RMAed "fixed" version)
16GB G.Skill 3200 cl14 / 2x Samsung NVME evo 970 1TB
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w
Caselabs Magnum TH10
eXp67
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 08:10:44 (permalink)
H-Emmanuel
eXp67

Regards

Does the 1000W Kingpin have looser timings than stock or XOC, or you're just saying that in general?

I read here a comment about the RAM timing which are higher with the 1000W compared to an XOC/XC3.
It seems the 1000W is oriented OC to GPU only, and decrease the mem timing to get higher stability for OC.
One saying here, that it can be fixed by modding, and it's explained in Kingpin threads.

It seems for me logical, because when you want OC a CPU in LN2 mode, you always use lower speed on RAM to get stability.
Here they didn't change the frequence, but the timing ...

PS: That explain that i expierenced, using the 1000W kingpin set to 500W per example, perform LESS than the XOC bios at SAME frequence GPU/MEM.
post edited by eXp67 - 2021/01/21 08:14:50
eXp67
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 08:17:10 (permalink)
I think that ppl who want just to use the 600W of the 1000W bios, could tweaks their RAM timing to same value as XOC to go higher again ....

In PR, the timing make me lost about 400-500point compared to stock, not negligible :)
post edited by eXp67 - 2021/01/21 08:19:11
H-Emmanuel
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 10:31:45 (permalink)
eXp67
I think that ppl who want just to use the 600W of the 1000W bios, could tweaks their RAM timing to same value as XOC to go higher again ....

In PR, the timing make me lost about 400-500point compared to stock, not negligible :)

Thanks, much appreciated. Because the XOC 500W BIOS limits me to ~470W and I'd like to draw the full 500W, it sounds like the XC3 BIOS is where it's at.
post edited by H-Emmanuel - 2021/01/21 14:35:59

MastahFR
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 11:27:29 (permalink)
Clayman31
MastahFR

Received the card today. Since I still have the evga card on the 16x slot with watercooling (and waiting for the strix block to remove the evga card to avoid redoing the loop) the strix is on 8X PCIe4.
It's doing 2190Mhz on core, didn't tried to overclock the memory yet. It's using ~470w most of the time if set to max pwr limit.
My evga card was doing 1950Mhz @ 400-420w max.

Overall I've more than 200+Mhz on core. And that's on air ... so probably a bit more as soon as the block arrive.
So yea major ****up of evga. Maybe I should flash the Evga bios on the Strix to maximize the total nonsense !
MastahFR
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 11:29:40 (permalink)
zogge
I changed from Evga gaming 3090 to Strix 3090 as well for all the issues with this bios. Now with a Bykski block and MP5 works BPC it stays on 10-12 delta T and with 520W bios I can hit 2200/21900 while gaming. Still power limited.
I would really love to have the evga warranty though and I am really greateful for their bios releases, as long as you dont have an EVGA card that is.

What bios are you using ? Link please ^^
lucasfrance
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 11:37:49 (permalink)
More than 3890 posts and not a single word from EVGA on this issue...

Such a silent position is not any longer sustainable, nor acceptable, as the issue is clearly widely confirmed on the 3090 FTW3 board compared to the competition.

=> So we NOW need an official statement from EVGA on this widely reproduced issue.

Many thank in advance.
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 11:39:43 (permalink)
koroem
god503

It was $184.99. You are confusing it with the Founders Edition which is a whole other thing.

Yep $184 for the Nickel + plexi should have mine by the end of the month. Looking forward to it. 
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 11:44:20 (permalink)
eXp67
P4R4DiSi4C
eXp67
arestavo
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Best regards,

Okay.

Best regards,

Strange indeed...

Regards

Like I've written several time already:

3090 FTW3 cards that don't have the power limit issue very likely won't show any benefit at all on the XC3 VBIOS. Thanks for sharing your results that confirm my suspicions on that.
H-Emmanuel
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 14:54:20 (permalink)
arestavo

3090 FTW3 cards that don't have the power limit issue very likely won't show any benefit at all on the XC3 VBIOS. Thanks for sharing your results that confirm my suspicions on that.

My FTW3 Ultra has a power limit issue around 460-470W depending on the app. The XC3 BIOS was completely useless, throttling at a reported 296W while the PCIe maxed out at 63W. It was a lot worse than the XOC 500W at 119%.

The King Pin 1000W BIOS set to 51% finally allowed me to average at 500W with a peak PCIe draw of 82W. Unfortunately I don't like that all thermal limits are removed and that the memory timings are looser; it's a pretty crappy tradeoff for a higher core clock. It's a shame because I'm personally not concerned at all about 82W and so my card could really shine if it could reach 500-520W on XOC.

I can't believe how we're all getting different results. For this variance to occur, Evga must have been inconsistent in its sourcing of components during manufacturing. We haven't really been able to completely correlate this power problem to one lip style, serial # or place of manufacture. I'm picturing a bin filled with "interchangeable" components manufactured by different companies that are grabbed randomly by a tech on the assembly line lol.

In all seriousness, I think Evga shopped around for a given component(s), either for cost savings or due to sourcing problems without realizing they were introducing functional differences within the same product line, and maybe even within a given batch. I wouldn't be surprised if even they couldn't trace it back to a certain serial # or batch # and that would explain why they still haven't gotten back to us, they can't come up with a one-size-fits-all BIOS.
post edited by H-Emmanuel - 2021/01/21 15:00:49

rygaul44
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 14:57:32 (permalink)
H-Emmanuel
arestavo

My FTW3 Ultra has a power limit issue around 460-470W depending on the app. The XC3 BIOS was completely useless, throttling at a reported 296W while the PCIe maxed out at 63W. It was a lot worse than the XOC 500W at 119%.

I can't believe how we're all getting different results. For this variance to occur, Evga must have been inconsistent in its sourcing of components during manufacturing. We haven't really been able to completely correlate this power problem to one lip style, serial # or place of manufacture. I'm picturing a bin filled with "interchangeable" components manufactured by different companies that are grabbed randomly by a tech on the assembly line lol.

In all seriousness, I think Evga shopped around for a given component(s), either for cost savings or due to sourcing problems without realizing they were introducing functional differences within the same product line, and maybe even within a given batch. I wouldn't be surprised if even they couldn't trace it back to a certain serial # or batch # and that would explain why they still haven't gotten back to us, they can't come up with a one-size-fits-all BIOS.

I'd wager the xc3 bios was pulling real close to 500 watts on your card. The xc3 is a 2 8 pin model instead of 3 8 pin so it only reports 2 of those. You've gotta measure from the wall.
H-Emmanuel
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 15:03:36 (permalink)
rygaul44
I'd wager the xc3 bios was pulling real close to 500 watts on your card. The xc3 is a 2 8 pin model instead of 3 8 pin so it only reports 2 of those. You've gotta measure from the wall.

It clearly wasn't. I could tell by the temperature and the fact that I couldn't even reach my XOC 500W OC. If my card was hitting 500W, then I'd easily be able to sustain and exceed my XOC clocks that cap out at 460-470W.

MiztahSparklez
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 21:05:12 (permalink)
hmm I've been trying to push my card and at most it gets close to 400w with the XOC bios.  Makes me wonder if I should just keep my 750w psu, since I'm not even getting close to that power draw for my entire system (UPS Says 650w max)

Is this the power wall that people are hitting with their ftw3 ultras?  I have a newer card with black accents.
Dabadger84
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/21 21:08:56 (permalink)
MiztahSparklez
hmm I've been trying to push my card and at most it gets close to 400w with the XOC bios.  Makes me wonder if I should just keep my 750w psu, since I'm not even getting close to that power draw for my entire system (UPS Says 650w max)

Is this the power wall that people are hitting with their ftw3 ultras?  I have a newer card with black accents.

Which card do you have, 400W is pretty low if it's a 3090 FTW3 Ultra or FTW3 Hybrid.

Specs:

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 130 of 240
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile