EVGA

Helpful ReplyHot!EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 126 of 240
Author
eXp67
  • Total Posts : 45
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 01:57:34 (permalink)
pellaaa
eXp67
I just installed XC3 bios on my FTW3 Ultra.
Freq are really unstable compared to XOC. Benchmark are really lower than with XOC.
In benchmark the freq jump from 1000 to 2200 continusly. What could be the problem ?
Does it possible to lock the boost clock in AB like PX1 ? I didn't see that possibility.

mmm this is quite strange, for me is perfectly working in both gaming and benchmarking... did you reset ab profile before flashing? try ddu and driver clean install after bios flash.

Hello,

Thanks for help.
Effectively after a DDU clean, it was working.

But it seems it perf more with XOC 500W bios than with XC3 bios. (PL 14k vs 13.5).
Even if PCI-E stays at 66W/75W max, i cannot push 500W easy, and stay around 440W average.

So i tested the 1000W, and all is magic. Absolutly no perf DROP, 14,6K at PR.
As i'm on aircooling i just set the TDP to 550W (can push 600W easy but no good for heat)
My temp are acceptable, getting a + 7/8°C over XOC, i never excess 90°C on hard game and avg at 85°C.
Very satisfied with that 1000W bios which push easly 550W AVG on aircooling and get my clock very stable in game.

Regards,
pellaaa
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 02:59:13 (permalink)
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
Freq are really unstable compared to XOC. Benchmark are really lower than with XOC.
In benchmark the freq jump from 1000 to 2200 continusly. What could be the problem ?
Does it possible to lock the boost clock in AB like PX1 ? I didn't see that possibility.

mmm this is quite strange, for me is perfectly working in both gaming and benchmarking... did you reset ab profile before flashing? try ddu and driver clean install after bios flash.

Hello,

Thanks for help.

But it seems it perf more with XOC 500W bios than with XC3 bios. (PL 14k vs 13.5).
Even if PCI-E stays at 66W/75W max, i cannot push 500W easy, and stay around 440W average.

As i'm on aircooling i just set the TDP to 550W (can push 600W easy but no good for heat)
My temp are acceptable, getting a + 7/8°C over XOC, i never excess 90°C on hard game and avg at 85°C.
Very satisfied with that 1000W bios which push easly 550W AVG on aircooling and get my clock very stable in game.

Regards,
be careful with the 1000w bios.... it has no protection if something goes wrong you loose the card
eXp67
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 07:16:11 (permalink)
pellaaa
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67

Hello,

Thanks for help.

Regards,
be careful with the 1000w bios.... it has no protection if something goes wrong you loose the card

Yep thanks for advise.
I'm looking at the temperature, it seems to be ok when i check the "sensor".
I assume GPU is able to run at max 91°C even in extended time ?
VRM and mem took + 10°C compared to stock XOC (70-80°c to 80-90°). Is that normally correct, my VRM will not burn ? :)

The 1000W bios seems be that i wanted from scratch, absolutly no bottleckneting and perfect stable freq + draining UP to 550 on aircooling.

I'm thinking to install a EK on CPU + GPU when in some month and put the card to the limits (600-650W).

I'm not afraid about the PCI-E power delivery @ 90W max, as i'm using a pci-e cable extention, it help with the heating.

PS : If you use the 1000W bios and you set 500W limit TDP, PCI-E avg will be mostly 70W, it's only when set higher (550/600W) that the PCI-E is starting to boost :)
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 07:50:15 (permalink)
Press F to pay respects.

Please post back here when your system crisps, as others would benefit from hearing about it. (People aren't joking about the no protections - the VRMs, the VRAM (this one seems the most likely, with the non-cooled VRAM stack on the back of the card), and everything else that there might be - the card will not stop until something gives out with the unlocked, warranty voiding 1000W Kingpin VBIOS)
post edited by arestavo - 2021/01/18 07:53:50
eXp67
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 08:06:56 (permalink)
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Please post back here when your system crisps, as others would benefit from hearing about it. (People aren't joking about the no protections - the VRMs, the VRAM (this one seems the most likely, with the non-cooled VRAM stack on the back of the card), and everything else that there might be - the card will not stop until something gives out with the unlocked, warranty voiding 1000W Kingpin VBIOS)

You mean that temp that i reported was too much ?
I'll inevitably kill my card with the 1000W on aircooled ?
From 500W XOC to 550W unlocked, i see not so much difference with temp?
I never see the card bottlenecking because of too hot with the VRAM on XOC.

If you confirm at 100% that i'll kill my card, i'm doing a rollback now hehe.

Best regards,
pellaaa
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 08:10:48 (permalink)
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Best regards,

its not killing the card actually, but if in future something goes wrong and temp get really high the card won't shutdown till it start burning because it doesnt have any protetction on
changboy
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 258
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 08:12:41 (permalink)
 Whats wrong with you guys ? You are actually post on EVGA ur proof of doing something prohibited with ur card and ur name on the post ! 

After if you get bad things happen with ur card then EVGA have the proof to void ur warranty, i dont understand you.

At least if you do something wich can void ur warranty, dont post it here and take ur info somewhere lol.
akafats
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 08:15:02 (permalink)
Ya I was able to get 12581 with my 3080 ultra. I have the hybrid kit installed.
eXp67
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 08:15:06 (permalink)
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Best regards,

its not killing the card actually, but if in future something goes wrong and temp get really high the card won't shutdown till it start burning because it doesnt have any protetction on

Okay.
I'll be aware of the temperature.
It is sure that with that setup, the GPU will not like a burning at 100% during long minutes/hours.

Will buy a EK ASAP and waterblock it. Will be my first watercooling EK :)
I needed to watercool the CPU (5950X) anyway which has good potential at stable 5ghz :)

PS: I'll prefer using the XOC 500W bios, but i'm having 440W averge, only peak @500 occurs, I'm power limited all the time.
After testing the XC3, it seems to perf lower than XOC (even if it say less perfcap pwr).
> The freq get effectivly higher and stable, but my benchmark and FPS are lower than XOC.

Only the 1000W perf like it need. But the PR benchmark are even lower than XOC? Strange ?
post edited by eXp67 - 2021/01/18 08:24:44
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 08:20:46 (permalink)
eXp67
pellaaa
eXp67
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Best regards,

Okay.
I'll be aware of the temperature.
It is sure that with that setup, the GPU will not like a burning at 100% during long minutes/hours.

Will buy a EK ASAP and waterblock it. Will be my first watercooling EK :)
I needed to watercool the CPU (5950X) anyway which has good potential at stable 5ghz :)

Just make sure EVERYTHING that currently has TIM/pads on it has EXTREMELY good contact - and the back side VRAM will likely need a fan blowing on the backplate if you don't have water running through it (I saw 1 waterblock with active cooling on the backplate). Hot spots where icx sensors aren't at will kill that component, and again - with a warranty void VBIOS on the card, you have a $1800+ door stop when EVGA laughs at you for trying to RMA with that on it. Normal VBIOSs have limits on temperature as well that a user cannot see (each VRAM chip for sure, perhaps other things) - that's why using that unlocked VBIOS as a daily driver is insane (unless you literally have money to burn).

As to any guarantee that your card will or won't fry itself - I guarantee nothing. You're the one playing with fire, so you do you.
post edited by arestavo - 2021/01/18 08:25:48
zig11727
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 09:32:16 (permalink)
changboy
 Whats wrong with you guys ? You are actually post on EVGA ur proof of doing something prohibited with ur card and ur name on the post ! 

After if you get bad things happen with ur card then EVGA have the proof to void ur warranty, i dont understand you.

At least if you do something wich can void ur warranty, dont post it here and take ur info somewhere lol.

+1 I agree a few more frames in benchmarks and to jeopardized the warranty on a $1800 video card by flashing a unlock bios and posting in EVGA forums with your username. 
Clayman31
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 09:34:47 (permalink)
arestavo
Press F to pay respects.

Don't be so negative. Let him use the 1000w bios if he wants. It isn't going to kill his card with 50 more watts. He knows the warranty is gone. Just let him have fun. Just because you and I don't want to use it doesn't mean its going to fry his card.
P4R4DiSi4C
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 09:40:30 (permalink)
arestavo

Just make sure EVERYTHING that currently has TIM/pads on it has EXTREMELY good contact - and the back side VRAM will likely need a fan blowing on the backplate if you don't have water running through it (I saw 1 waterblock with active cooling on the backplate). Hot spots where icx sensors aren't at will kill that component, and again - with a warranty void VBIOS on the card, you have a $1800+ door stop when EVGA laughs at you for trying to RMA with that on it. Normal VBIOSs have limits on temperature as well that a user cannot see (each VRAM chip for sure, perhaps other things) - that's why using that unlocked VBIOS as a daily driver is insane (unless you literally have money to burn).

As to any guarantee that your card will or won't fry itself - I guarantee nothing. You're the one playing with fire, so you do you.

Hey sir,

I'm using XC3 on my FTW, does everything looks fine to you or should I be worried ? (it works fine on COD:Cold War but I need to lower OC Core Clock if I dont want Flight Simulator to crash)

(check max values (low wattage being reported but better scores) and perfacap green ?)

post edited by P4R4DiSi4C - 2021/01/18 09:47:31
pellaaa
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:20:14 (permalink)
P4R4DiSi4C
arestavo

Hey sir,

I'm using XC3 on my FTW, does everything looks fine to you or should I be worried ? (it works fine on COD:Cold War but I need to lower OC Core Clock if I dont want Flight Simulator to crash)

(check max values (low wattage being reported but better scores) and perfacap green ?)

port royal score is quite low
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:35:04 (permalink)
pellaaa
P4R4DiSi4C
arestavo

Hey sir,

its not really THAT low lol. Within 1-2 fps of my score. Anything over 14k is a win in my book. Without water or extreme low temps your not seeing over 14k
P4R4DiSi4C
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:40:26 (permalink)
Notchy44
pellaaa
P4R4DiSi4C
arestavo

Hey sir,

its not really THAT low lol. Within 1-2 fps of my score. Anything over 14k is a win in my book. Without water or extreme low temps your not seeing over 14k

Im on air and easily reaching 70 degrees celsius..was getting 12.7k with other bioses.
cbaty
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 129
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:42:25 (permalink)
Tried my luck with Time Spy Extreme:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56966790?
Board pulled 645watts
PCI pulled 108.2watts (dancing with fire, I know)
edit: this is a water-cooled hybrid fwiw

Here is a normal Time Spy run: 
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/56966358?

post edited by cbaty - 2021/01/18 10:44:39

Save at EVGA checkout using my associates code: XZ8XC0J47NMBVK6 👍
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:42:41 (permalink)
P4R4DiSi4C
Notchy44
pellaaa
P4R4DiSi4C
arestavo

Hey sir,

Im on air and easily reaching 70 degrees celsius..was getting 12.7k with other bioses.

yeah exactly. Iv tested some Asus and MSI gaming trio cards that only score 13,500 fully Oc to the max. 14107 isnt that bad at all. Get that Temp down u can get to 14,600 ez
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:45:06 (permalink)
cbaty
Board pulled 645watts

now thats bad lol avg clock of 2100 and 63c on a Hybrid.... get some better airflow my man. Im hitting 48c avg with the same card pulling 500ish with much higher clocks and scores
post edited by Delirious - 2021/01/20 15:42:46
cbaty
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:46:23 (permalink)
Notchy44
cbaty
Board pulled 645watts

now thats bad lol avg clock of 2100 and 63c on a Hybrid.... get some better airflow my man. Im hitting 48c avg with the same card pulling 500ish with much higher clocks and scores

I know :/ I have a Thermaltake P5 showing up this week.  I have everything stuffed in a Meshify C w/a Noctua cooler. Bought the case before I got the hybrid unit. What can ya do :)
post edited by Delirious - 2021/01/20 15:43:36

Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:55:00 (permalink)
cbaty
Notchy44
cbaty
Board pulled 645watts

Yo ****.. now thats bad lol avg clock of 2100 and 63c on a Hybrid.... get some better airflow my man. Im hitting 48c avg with the same card pulling 500ish with much higher clocks and scores

I know :/ I have a Thermaltake P5 showing up this week.  I have everything stuffed in a Meshify C w/a Noctua cooler. Bought the case before I got the hybrid unit. What can ya do :)

I had to get pretty creative as well lol Check this clearance out. Try a push pull setup with the hybrid radiator, saw some crazy improvements.

cbaty
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 10:55:59 (permalink)
Notchy44
cbaty
Notchy44
cbaty
Board pulled 645watts

I had to get pretty creative as well lol Check this clearance out. Try a push pull setup with the hybrid radiator, saw some crazy improvements.

north haven high school
" />

Beautiful build!! Yeah, sometimes ya gotta get crafty. Can't wait to build the P5. Cheers!
post edited by Delirious - 2021/01/20 15:46:02

Clayman31
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 11:08:39 (permalink)
Notchy44
cbaty
Board pulled 645watts

Nah 2100 is great.
post edited by Delirious - 2021/01/20 15:44:55
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 11:11:09 (permalink)
Clayman31
Notchy44
cbaty
Board pulled 645watts

Nah 2100 is great.

2100 at 63c on air is great but with water he should be low 50c or high 40c's. Im pulling 2135 avg 48c with the same exact card

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/789692
post edited by Delirious - 2021/01/20 15:45:27
Clayman31
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 13:20:39 (permalink)

Nah 2100 is great.

2100 at 63c on air is great but with water he should be low 50c or high 40c's. Im pulling 2135 avg 48c with the same exact card

35mhz difference? So fast.
Notchy44
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 13:26:16 (permalink)
Clayman31

Nah 2100 is great.

Clayman31

Nah 2100 is great.

Im talking about the temp difference.....  17c temp is a LOT also its almost 5 fps in a benchmark test 

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/17539855/spy/17545272#

Timespy extreme score for reference 
post edited by Notchy44 - 2021/01/18 14:21:53
CL600
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 15:00:20 (permalink)
It is a real shame that we have not yet received an official statement from an EVGA employee. At least a short "Is in progress" or "We are working on it" would be nice.

At least we know that the card with the XC3 BIOS reaches 500W. I would like to test it myself, but I have concerns about the guarantee, which will definitely expire when the XC3 BIOS is installed.

Some cards say goodbye after 2-3 months (Black screen/100% fan). If the XC3 Bios happened to be installed, even if it was not the cause of the error, you burned almost $ 2,000.
Kylearan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 15:04:04 (permalink)
I think the problem is that it CAN'T be fixed, at least not easily if at all.
In the Ampere Bios Editor, for example, you can change the internal power limits.
But you still can't change the RATIO of the limits!  That's hardwired on-board.  And that's the problem here.
You already saw people using the Kingpin 1000W VBios on their FTW3's and pulling 95W from the PCIE Slot at 550W...

I don't think a bios exists that allows you to change the ratios of the limits.  Even shunt modding doesn't change the ratios.  It only changes what's reported to the current sensing chip.
grabibus
  • Total Posts : 56
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 15:07:00 (permalink)
Hi,
sorry to ask you this here.
I just received my Ultra Ftw3 RTX 3090.

I can see in osd with MSI afterburner during gaming that the voltage goes up until 1.1V.

I thought limit was 1.093V.

Am I wrong ?

MOBO ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero | CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 STRIX GAMING OC | RAM TEAM GROUP Xtreem DDR4 32GB (8GBx4) 3733MHz ¨CL14 | OS MICROSOFT Windows 10 Professional 64 bits.
cbaty
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA 2021/01/18 15:46:58 (permalink)
Notchy44
Clayman31

Nah 2100 is great.

Clayman31

Nah 2100 is great.

Im talking about the temp difference.....  17c temp is a LOT also its almost 5 fps in a benchmark test 

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/17539855/spy/17545272#

Timespy extreme score for reference 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I'll update once the rad is in the open in the new Thermaltake P5. Also have the EVGA CPU 360 cooler on order.. it's on sale on amazon right now, so I figured why not move from the noctua.

Page: << < ..126127128129130.. > >> Showing page 126 of 240
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile