EVGA

EKWB blocks for FTW3

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 19
Author
markus_ke
  • Total Posts : 53
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:33:57 (permalink)
Got 2nd mail from ekwb.

Please note that we expect your EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi to be available on the 29th of January 2021.

Fyi

Markus
night_flame
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:41:11 (permalink)
Mine still showing processing. Even though I ordered in the first hour of them going up I guess there were a good 120 orders ahead of mine lol.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18944
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:41:17 (permalink)
heslo
Nereus
heslo
Ordered launch day (granted probably 8 or so hour after it went live) Had my ETA changed from 6th of Jan, to 10th of Feb to just now 5th of March. Pretty gutted right now

If you're looking at that estimated delivery date on your order information page, don't believe it. Mine even now says 10th February but it has shipped.

Right, well that's promising. I've sent them an email to see what's up but I'll remain pessimistic just in case; better to be pleasantly surprised than gutted
EDIT: Just heard back from them; seems you're right. My ETA is 15th of Jan!

Nice, that's only a few days, gratz!

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:44:50 (permalink)
markus_ke
Got 2nd mail from ekwb.

Please note that we expect your EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi to be available on the 29th of January 2021.

Fyi

Markus

That's a lot better than April at least.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:46:22 (permalink)
night_flame
Mine still showing processing. Even though I ordered in the first hour of them going up I guess there were a good 120 orders ahead of mine lol.

Hopefully not too far away then. I think you'll have to email them to get a more accurate time frame - the estimated ship date on the order information page is completely out of whack.

heslo
  • Total Posts : 24
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:48:18 (permalink)
Nereus
heslo
Nereus
heslo
Ordered launch day (granted probably 8 or so hour after it went live) Had my ETA changed from 6th of Jan, to 10th of Feb to just now 5th of March. Pretty gutted right now

If you're looking at that estimated delivery date on your order information page, don't believe it. Mine even now says 10th February but it has shipped.

Right, well that's promising. I've sent them an email to see what's up but I'll remain pessimistic just in case; better to be pleasantly surprised than gutted
EDIT: Just heard back from them; seems you're right. My ETA is 15th of Jan!

Nice, that's only a few days, gratz!

Yeah I'm pretty stoked. Look, I understand everything is up the creek with how the world is at the moment but every single thing you order seems to get delayed these days, not just by days or weeks, but months. It gets to be too much sometimes haha
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/01/11 05:35:16
night_flame
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 03:51:30 (permalink)
Nereus
night_flame

Hopefully not too far away then. I think you'll have to email them to get a more accurate time frame - the estimated ship date on the order information page is completely out of whack.

Yeah curious to see where the cutoff was today. I think I got my order in around 7:28am PST about 40 min after they popped up.
Easy4Breezy
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 05:02:32 (permalink)
I ordered the D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi and the Nickel backplate at 6:42 am PST... so very early.
And my ETA is FEB 10. Order is on processing.
exiled350
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 06:05:48 (permalink)
I got an email this morning pegging expected ship date at 02/19 which isn't too far off from the initial expectation of 2/10. Not like I have a card to put it on yet anyway...
richardgoncalves
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 146
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 06:05:58 (permalink)
night_flame
Nereus
night_flame

Yeah curious to see where the cutoff was today. I think I got my order in around 7:28am PST about 40 min after they popped up.

13 minutes behind you.

No change in status.
badboy64
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 923
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 06:07:15 (permalink)
My emails says a ETA of 15th January.
post edited by badboy64 - 2021/01/11 06:25:44

14th Intel® Core™ i9 14900KF CPU 3.2GHz@6.0ghz, Memory 2x24GB GSkill Trident Z Trident Z5 7200 mhz DDR5 Ram,4,000 GB MSI M480 PRO 4TB , Motherboard eVga 690 Dark , Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit, Msi Suprim X24G 4090, Monitor Acer CG437K, Logitech G910, Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition, Thermaltake View 91 RGB plus, eVga 1600w P2 PSU, Custom watercooling.
Speed Way  Score 11,055 points.
https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1112818
crash822
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 07:51:00 (permalink)
Ordered at 8:57a est on December 7th and mine is shipped if others are looking for a reference between when order was placed and it shipping.
recipe7
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 07:59:55 (permalink)
My order for Plexi and black backplate shipped from Slovenia today. My order went through at 7:20pst On December 7th

If anyone is interested and doesn’t want to wait, there is a Bykski FTW3 block available now:

https://ezmodding.com/EVG...0-inkl-Backplate?jtl=v

richardgoncalves
Superclocked Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 08:58:52 (permalink)
I understand that the strains that production is under, that the supply chain is under, that basically all businesses are under given C-19.  That doesn't excuse the lack of respect these manufacturers have for their clients money.

As a business; you have to know what your capacity is for manufacturing and delivery - why sell more than that?  What would you think you're entitled to hold onto people monies indefinitely ... while you figure things out?

If you can't properly forecast production - you're a crappy business and nobody should be buying from you.

My point is the customer should be able to make an informed decision when they decide to give their hard earned money over to a business.  If EK had shared an ETA of February, March, or April back in December; I likely wouldn't have placed the order. To string along their clients with a moving target is completely unacceptable and we have to stop accepted excuses from these manufacturers.

They know what they can and can't do - nothing has changed in 10 months.  They should hold themselves and we should definitely hold them to a higher standard ... or simply stop supporting them.

I'm just sick of it.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:06:11 (permalink)
A pre-order is made to ensure you are able to get a product as it is made available. If there are production delays, then that will cause a shift in the delivery times. If you don’t want to deal with shifts in delivery, do not pre-order.

They are doing their best, and supposedly the original ETA was busted due to the raw materials that initially arrived being sub par, so EK had to delay the delivery so they could get better materials. Would you prefer EKWB send you a subpar product just to stay on the initial ESTIMATED time of arrival (ETA) or would you rather them do right by the customer and refuse to send a subpar product?

Unfortunately, you can’t have it both ways.
richardgoncalves
Superclocked Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:09:29 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
A pre-order is made to ensure you are able to get a product as it is made available. If there are production delays, then that will cause a shift in the delivery times. If you don’t want to deal with shifts in delivery, do not pre-order.

They are doing their best, and the original ETA was busted due to the raw materials that initially arrived being sub par, so EK had to delay the delivery so they could get better materials. Would you prefer EKWB send you a subpar product just to stay on the initial ESTIMATED time of arrival (ETA) or would you rather them do right by the customer and refuse to send a subpar product?

You're defending bad business practices.

I was not able to make an informed decision because they misled the lead time on the pre-order.  Again - forecasting production and forecasting demand are business basics.

Amazing that they had the same excuse Optimus had.

Sorry - not good enough.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:13:32 (permalink)
I am not defending bad practices, I am understanding of real world constraints that you are obviously dismissing. You can still cancel your pre-order and get a refund, so you still have the ability to make an informed decision.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/01/11 09:15:55
phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:14:12 (permalink)
richardgoncalves
the_Scarlet_one

They are doing their best, and the original ETA was busted due to the raw materials that initially arrived being sub par, so EK had to delay the delivery so they could get better materials. Would you prefer EKWB send you a subpar product just to stay on the initial ESTIMATED time of arrival (ETA) or would you rather them do right by the customer and refuse to send a subpar product?

You're defending bad business practices.

I was not able to make an informed decision because they misled the lead time on the pre-order.  Again - forecasting production and forecasting demand are business basics.

Amazing that they had the same excuse Optimus had.

Sorry - not good enough.

What I am understanding from what you are saying is that even though unforeseen issues happen (bad materials) I want them to hurry up and send me my merchandise that is subpar so they can uphold an ESTIMATED shipping date. Once your subpar block shows up and fails would you then be even more mad that they sent you a piece of crap? That is how a company ends up tanking.

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
richardgoncalves
Superclocked Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:19:15 (permalink)
I run a $41M dollar business that sells technology to schools in the lower 48 - all of which are after products for remote learned that are as rare as unicorns these days.

Trust me when I tell you - I understand the real world constraints.  I also understand how important it is to provide real world ETAs based on those constraints that, unfortunately, we've all had to adapt to.

What I don't do is ask the client to cut a PO and string them along bi-weekly.

If you're going to take money for a product or service; you are or at least should be held accountable to the pretense by which that product was sold.  There's nothing more to it.
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:21:58 (permalink)
richardgoncalves
I run a $41M dollar business that sells technology to schools in the lower 48 - all of which are after products for remote learned that are as rare as unicorns these days.

Trust me when I tell you - I understand the real world constraints.  I also understand how important it is to provide real world ETAs based on those constraints that, unfortunately, we've all had to adapt to.

If you're going to take money for a product or service; you are or at least should be held accountable to the pretense by which that product was sold.  There's nothing more to it.

I am the one that puts in the POs to companies like yours (Tech Director K12). ETAs have been a moving target the past 12 months or so. I have had many POs that have been cancelled or ETAs changed.

Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
richardgoncalves
Superclocked Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:32:24 (permalink)
phroze
richardgoncalves

I am the one that puts in the POs to companies like yours (Tech Director K12). ETAs have been a moving target the past 12 months or so. I have had many POs that have been cancelled or ETAs changed.

That's just bad business.

That would have been a thing in the spring (when poop hit the fan); but at this point we all know what's incoming in the next 30 days; and you should be able to get a reasonably accurate ETA.

My account executives stopped taking purchase orders in October; because they didn't want to ruin relationships that took them years to develop.  They're starting to collect POs now because inventory has landed and we have some foresight on what's coming in through the channel.

I'm sorry you and your students are feeling the pinch - I definitely feel for the schools and the students.

Not for nothing - but there's a good deal of inventory floating around now.  Prices seem a bit inflated; but there is product.
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:35:34 (permalink)
richardgoncalves
phroze
richardgoncalves

That's just bad business.

That would have been a thing in the spring (when poop hit the fan); but at this point we all know what's incoming in the next 30 days; and you should be able to get a reasonably accurate ETA.

My account executives stopped taking purchase orders in October; because they didn't want to ruin relationships that took them years to develop.  They're starting to collect POs now because inventory has landed and we have some foresight on what's coming in through the channel.

I'm sorry you and your students are feeling the pinch - I definitely feel for the schools and the students.

Not for nothing - but there's a good deal of inventory floating around now.  Prices seem a bit inflated; but there is product.

It hasn't just been pandemic related either. Earlier this school year I put in a PO for hundreds of Lenovo chromebooks. The US govt decided that that would be the right time to care about working conditions in China and would not allow import of devices that came from certain factories. Lenovo was using one of those factories so my order was cancelled. Very frustrating. Luckily I have multiple vendors and was able to get a shipment of HP devices instead but it was not without stress.

koroem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:35:43 (permalink)
EkJake responded to the reddit thread i linked and encouraged you guys to post. I believe it helped to prompt emails being sent out. If you have questions for him, try to ask over there, he might follow up.

Edit here is the link to the thread since I was asked for a refresher, guess people missed my earlier post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/..._mess_can_anyone_from/
post edited by koroem - 2021/01/11 09:41:56

Asus Maximus Hero XI wifi / Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.2 / EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra (RMAed "fixed" version)
16GB G.Skill 3200 cl14 / 2x Samsung NVME evo 970 1TB
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w
Caselabs Magnum TH10
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:36:53 (permalink)
richardgoncalves

If you are talking about the Estimated Delivery Date: on the EKWB order information page for your order, it has been mentioned on this thread that the date there is completely inaccurate. I have emailed them about this very recently and they are referring it to whoever does their website coding, but it's probably not a priority as long as it's not giving a date that has already passed. For example, my order right now shows an estimated delivery date of February 10, but it has already been shipped out. In my case the block wasn't the delay, it was the nickel backplate that came from another company who did the nickel plating and it was sub standard. They could not send it out the way it was, period. That is not their fault, and they have rectified it as quickly as they could. Yes it is very frustrating, but sometimes stuff happens.

You provided the analogy of your own business. Would you supply that technology to schools if you knew there was an issue and it would make your business look like crap and virtually guarantee no reorders if you sent it out anyway instead of rectifying it? No, you wouldn't - or at least I hope you wouldn't. 

EKWB provided an ETA based on the information at hand. They did not expect to be screwed over by a 3rd party supplier. They had to adjust their ETA accordingly in all fairness to their customers - or would you rather they just lied and then stop updating you?

I can totally understand your frustration, believe me, I was ticked about the delay just a few days ago on this very thread lol, but take a step back for a moment and see it for what it is.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/01/11 09:39:28

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 09:48:58 (permalink)
Got that Reddit link to the EKWB thread, thank you for that Koroem, and yes, I had missed it.

I know Jake is doing his best to help everyone out. I have been in contact with him through Facebook as well, due to another “issue” with the FTW3 block shipment that doesn’t pertain to other members. He is looking into my specific issue while helping others, so I appreciate him trying, especially since he is in the US and reaching out to Slovenia for the answers we seek.
koroem
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 10:02:34 (permalink)
Yeah I appreciate it too. My only complaint with EK has been a lack of communication and conflicting responses from the support staff. I understand delays and issues, I would just like to be notified of them rather that having to chase them every couple of weeks when the goal posts move.

Asus Maximus Hero XI wifi / Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.2 / EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra (RMAed "fixed" version)
16GB G.Skill 3200 cl14 / 2x Samsung NVME evo 970 1TB
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w
Caselabs Magnum TH10
blaise
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 291
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 10:44:09 (permalink)
I sent EK an email two days ago and am yet to get a reply about my order status (ordered launch-day for the pre-orders). However, they have sent me three emails counting down to their EK Expo.
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 10:45:46 (permalink)
blaise
I sent EK an email two days ago and am yet to get a reply about my order status (ordered launch-day for the pre-orders). However, they have sent me three emails counting down to their EK Expo.

That's strange. I sent them an email Friday night (well after they were closed) and they responded first thing Monday morning. Have you checked your spam folder?

blaise
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 291
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 10:56:39 (permalink)
phroze
blaise

That's strange. I sent them an email Friday night (well after they were closed) and they responded first thing Monday morning. Have you checked your spam folder?

Yup - nothing. Sent my enquiry (with order number) to  orders@ekwb.com 
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EKWB blocks for FTW3 2021/01/11 11:03:05 (permalink)
blaise
phroze
blaise

Yup - nothing. Sent my enquiry (with order number) to&nbsp orders@ekwb.com 

I sent in my request via their support option on their website.

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 19
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile