EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 81 of 88
Author
mhamson
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 09:28:59 (permalink)
Does anyone have a list of trust worthy online sellers for the EU? Not just for EVGA cards... but all components... I am obviously finding it impossible for cards like everyone else... but also find it difficult to find a single seller for all my preferred parts to build a PC... 

Anyway - hope this does not deviate too much from the OP
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 09:36:18 (permalink)
mhamson
Does anyone have a list of trust worthy online sellers for the EU? Not just for EVGA cards... but all components... I am obviously finding it impossible for cards like everyone else... but also find it difficult to find a single seller for all my preferred parts to build a PC... 

What country are you in? I'll check to see what webstores have items you want in stock. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Eskimo_Jo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 116
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 10:34:27 (permalink)
Flint 1760
Eskimo_Jo
My cousin is often in Costa Rica for work. Any chance can they ship it there? 🤞

No, but your cousin could order it from the LATAM site: https://latam.evga.com/.  That is when you can get past the "Severs are at high capacity" notice.

EVGA Latin America

• LATAM Office
  • Miami, Florida

• Tel: +1.305.477.1252
  • Technical Service: +1.714.528.4500
  • Fax: +1.305.477.3895

I also see that notice trying to connect in EU server last night. Is it permanently in latin site? Anyway i suppose it is worse than europe..
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 10:41:55 (permalink)
I have reported the latam website error to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

mhamson
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 10:48:00 (permalink)
rjohnson11

What country are you in? I'll check to see what webstores have items you want in stock. 

I am in Spain
Tuser
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 10:48:52 (permalink)
Well, it depends on what country you live in, there aren't many sites that have cheap graphics cards these days.
Tuser
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 10:50:53 (permalink)
Well, it depends on what country you live in, there aren't many sites that have cheap graphics cards these days.
mhamson
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 10:59:04 (permalink)
Tuser

So true for the last year... and I am aware... While I don't like it... I am willing to pay the extra bounty and I have to get a system built - simply no choice. I have been looking at the "trust" for sites like PC Components... what is really hard is that while I built a system for work last year through Amazon... All my other systems are Macs... so I simply have no idea who I can trust... been reading way to many bad stories. 
Eskimo_Jo
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/05 11:33:20 (permalink)
rjohnson11
mhamson

I'm in Italy but also know all trustable sites in my country. I'm intrested for some german sites that i hear are cheaper
Sir Frigorifero
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/06 00:16:02 (permalink)
in Spain you can try to snatch a Founders Edition from LDLC since they're dropping them quite regularly
mhamson
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/06 10:17:13 (permalink)
Sir Frigorifero
in Spain you can try to snatch a Founders Edition from LDLC since they're dropping them quite regularly

Thanks 

alandoy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 159
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/12 05:03:09 (permalink)
Been awhile since i posted. Has Bovine stopped posting the queue positions? I see EVGA Queue Tracker (element35gaming.com) does have a list, but it's not complete (for example it doesn't have 3090's which we know have shipped to Europe - I can vouch for that one myself) 
EU queue, as far as I can tell, as "improved" compared to the NA one. Course improved is a relative term. It seems better, but parity still eludes.....
Eskimo_Jo
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/12 05:46:31 (permalink)
alandoy
Been awhile since i posted. Has Bovine stopped posting the queue positions? I see EVGA Queue Tracker (element35gaming.com) does have a list, but it's not complete (for example it doesn't have 3090's which we know have shipped to Europe - I can vouch for that one myself) 
EU queue, as far as I can tell, as "improved" compared to the NA one. Course improved is a relative term. It seems better, but parity still eludes.....

I'm watching other option far away.. Eu queue is actually a joke
musicdu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/12 06:26:02 (permalink)
Seems like the prices are again going back up now. So much for the hope.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/12 07:37:45 (permalink)
Eskimo_Jo
I'm watching other option far away.. Eu queue is actually a joke

I've historically been one of the more vocal dissidents on the state of the EU queue, going back in this very thread to last December or so, calling out that we in Europe are weeks and then months behind people who've entered the corresponding queue on NA. At the time, since it was early days in the queue, some people called me pessimistic and one even called me paranoid for thinking there was a "conspiracy" against us as I recall. All good - I did get a laugh out of that :-) History has sort of proven that my hunch at the time was in fact reality - and I feel somewhat sad that my theory was correct and we all take it as fact now that the allocations for Europe are poor / abysmal. Thing is, EVGA _can_ do something to fix that, but for whatever reason have decided not to. That's disappointing. 

The data on element35gaming.com is missing a lot of skus though, skus that Bovine used to track. Also, the whole LHR thing has also obfuscated the situation, with seemingly the "3080 FTW Ultra" (Non-LHR) in Europe being 6/22/2021, 2:41:50 PM and the corresponding one in NA being 9/21/2020, 9:56:30 PM
Nope - not buying that Europe is 9 months ahead of NA there! No chance lads......no chance. 

Overall though, I think there's been an improvement in the last 4-5 months since I looked in earnest. Things are still crap. Prices are waaay higher than they should be but you can, if inclined, actually purchase a card from online stores such as scan.co.uk 
ohnoplsno
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 242
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 05:54:39 (permalink)
alandoy

I've historically been one of the more vocal dissidents on the state of the EU queue, going back in this very thread to last December or so, calling out that we in Europe are weeks and then months behind people who've entered the corresponding queue on NA. At the time, since it was early days in the queue, some people called me pessimistic and one even called me paranoid for thinking there was a "conspiracy" against us as I recall. All good - I did get a laugh out of that :-) History has sort of proven that my hunch at the time was in fact reality - and I feel somewhat sad that my theory was correct and we all take it as fact now that the allocations for Europe are poor / abysmal. Thing is, EVGA _can_ do something to fix that, but for whatever reason have decided not to. That's disappointing. 

The data on element35gaming.com is missing a lot of skus though, skus that Bovine used to track. Also, the whole LHR thing has also obfuscated the situation, with seemingly the "3080 FTW Ultra" (Non-LHR) in Europe being 6/22/2021, 2:41:50 PM and the corresponding one in NA being 9/21/2020, 9:56:30 PM
Nope - not buying that Europe is 9 months ahead of NA there! No chance lads......no chance. 

Overall though, I think there's been an improvement in the last 4-5 months since I looked in earnest. Things are still crap. Prices are waaay higher than they should be but you can, if inclined, actually purchase a card from online stores such as scan.co.uk 

I lucked out on a 3755-KR from the queue, but I've been watching the market rather closely even after that. Things improved a lot from May-July, but past few weeks prices have shot back to what they were in spring. Prices have nearly doubled from their lowest point over the summer, demand is still there and supply is the same level it has been - shops have stock, but anyone who has an option does not buy due to the price.

And I seem to be in the same boat as you, I was fairly optimistic back in November, when queues hadn't moved practically and the separation was minutes, maybe an hour. Now it's too clear that their "we will look into how we can increase EU supply" had no weight behind it, any time they said it of the multiple times they did. Yay :)
Sir Frigorifero
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 06:04:32 (permalink)
there was a wave of queue confirmations from the 3080 FTW Ultra non-LHR when they made the switch to LHR version (KR to KL) and people reverting the change found the notify shortly after.
other than that it's still a joke of a queue but results depend on the GPU. 3080 are nowhere to be found, even on etailers while 3070, 3070ti and 3080ti where pretty common and reasonably priced (for the shortage standards).
after almost a year of waiting i bought a 3080 from another brand for a fairly good price, but this autumn things are going to be worse. 
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 07:21:55 (permalink)
@ohnoplsno & @Sir Frigorifero - nice to see you guys are still around! 

Like you ohnoplsno I got a 3090 back in March/April and have been enjoying that - but I've another rig that I'd love to upgrade to a 3080Ti. I know, you could call me greedy, but hey I do enjoy my stuff - they get well used beleive me!

Yeah, it's all rather depressing. I wouldn't mind the shortages (well you.. know within reason) but the thing that saddens me most is the way that EU seems to be treated as 2nd rate customers - sort of an "ahh sure it'll be alright, chuck em' a few pallets and they'll be grand like!" I was thinking about how to improve the situation, while having a moan/**** on here does help :-)....the only realistic way would be to sort of write "An open letter to EVGA" outlining the poor customer satisfaction that most of EU people have, and what they can do to improve it. If that was to somehow go viral (difficult) that would be the solution. EVGA dont' want the negative press , or attention highlighted on this. Nor do I believe that they really want to treat EU like this. It's actually not in their best interest. I'd rather tend to believe that hard decisions have been made early on due to shortages with the intention to fix....but its not been corrected since.  But I'm of the mindset , what's broken _can_ be fixed. 

Course everyone is hurting everywhere. I'd just like to see a level playing field. I can appreciate that different regions have different challanges and that changes won't be instantaneous, but it's disappointing that the statements of "we'll try and improve the Europe allocations" have at best not had the desired effect (if any effect at all) 
post edited by alandoy - 2021/09/13 07:53:25
Red_Infern013
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 10:24:27 (permalink)
@alandoy
I honestly don't expect EVGA to treat both US and EU customers the same. As some here on the forums like to point, they're a US company so you can't expect them to treat EU the same as US. And IMO that's fair, even though I don't agree with it. What I can wholeheartedly blame EVGA for is their lack of transparency with EU. We know there is a shortage and we know we're not US. But at least have the decency to keep us vaguely posted about the situation of the queues. If US is their main market then they're not giving away much data if they give us a vague estimate or plain out a statement that we're not getting GPUs. I'm within the first minute in a queue that they opened more than three months ago for EU. Didn't get a notification, didn't get a "sorry about the delay" or whatever message, just nothing. I know that they promise nothing from the queue, but being in the first minute in a queue that THEY opened, and nothing comes out of it in three months? That's not ok IMO.
post edited by Red_Infern013 - 2021/09/13 10:26:06

AMD R9 3900x || Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin III CPU Air Cooler || Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060s Evo || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ||  2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz || 1TB SanDisk Ultra 3d SATA SSD || EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 11:02:20 (permalink)
Yeah, I've heard it said on this forum, but not sure I buy that argument that "It's a US company ergo they will favour US customers". I work for a large multi-national US owned company myself and it's not "a thing" in my experience. Companies, or at least sucessful companies, value customers wherever they might be. However, who's to know what some middle level manager has decided in the production chain - but I would be extremly surprised if "favouring US over foreign" was a policy. That said, it's clear to me/us that the allocations that Europe have been getting have been (consistently) lower than the NA, but what we don't know is the "why". I'm still of the belief that someone had f'ed up somewhere, and whatever root cause that has seen the allocations lower can be reversed. Ever the optimist me!

I also would 100% echo your sentiments Red_infern013 about lack of information. In this very thread I proposed 6 months ago that they (EVGA) drop a monthly or bi-monthly "state of the market" post. They did start to do that for a bit, but it stopped. Don't have to mention number of cards, or hard dates....but they could at least give more specific things like "Expect a drop of the 3080's latter half of the month", or "There will be no drops of the 3070XC for July" (aside - did we EVER get an XC drop?) .........they have that information as they know the internal JIT production tasks, but have decided that "silence is golden". It's not. 

People are MUCH more toleratant of bad news when they know what's happening and if anything you'll win over the trust and faith of your customers by treating them with respect. We're all in this together.
I know that last bit sounds a bit "kumbyya"....but you know what I mean :-) 
McAztec
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 13:27:26 (permalink)
alandoy
Yeah, I've heard it said on this forum, but not sure I buy that argument that "It's a US company ergo they will favour US customers". I work for a large multi-national US owned company myself and it's not "a thing" in my experience. Companies, or at least sucessful companies, value customers wherever they might be. However, who's to know what some middle level manager has decided in the production chain - but I would be extremly surprised if "favouring US over foreign" was a policy. That said, it's clear to me/us that the allocations that Europe have been getting have been (consistently) lower than the NA, but what we don't know is the "why". I'm still of the belief that someone had f'ed up somewhere, and whatever root cause that has seen the allocations lower can be reversed. Ever the optimist me!

I also would 100% echo your sentiments Red_infern013 about lack of information. In this very thread I proposed 6 months ago that they (EVGA) drop a monthly or bi-monthly "state of the market" post. They did start to do that for a bit, but it stopped. Don't have to mention number of cards, or hard dates....but they could at least give more specific things like "Expect a drop of the 3080's latter half of the month", or "There will be no drops of the 3070XC for July" (aside - did we EVER get an XC drop?) .........they have that information as they know the internal JIT production tasks, but have decided that "silence is golden". It's not. 

People are MUCH more toleratant of bad news when they know what's happening and if anything you'll win over the trust and faith of your customers by treating them with respect. We're all in this together.
I know that last bit sounds a bit "kumbyya"....but you know what I mean :-) 

@Red_Infer013

I have an alternate theory than the one that we're not getting GPUs, the allocations may actually be fairer than we think between continents, what might be happening is that the majority of these GPUs coming to the EU are allocated to the retailers instead of the queue. While the queue barely moves, retailers do have GPUs every now and then. They are marked up to high heaven of course, as we have already been accustomed to, and go out of stock quite quickly even so.

I think we may have some more waiting to do, but a price crash may be imminent. We have to consider that the prices are inflated because people keep buying them at this price, and the demand for GPUs regardless of the cost will dry up, when the scalpers have all bought as much as they are willing to have sitting in a closet before saying "I can barely sell these, I'm not buying any more", when the miners all have too many GPUs to be able to afford any more, and so on. Just like in 2017, but worse.
At this point I've waited so long to find a 3080 at a decent price that I've become picky and stubborn, I'm not buying the low end models and I sure as hell won't be paying scalper prices for them either, regardless of who's scalping them. For all I care, they can take those 2000 euro 3080s and STUFF 'EM!
post edited by McAztec - 2021/09/13 13:30:30
Dwarfy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 704
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 13:45:47 (permalink)
I still have trouble getting my head around them not sorting the payment issue they are currently having, at this point they have people waiting to pay for, what 10 days now. This has got to be unheard of in any scenario.
I understand if it's a bit of an issue but yeah nothing coming out to keep people updated, no fix eta nothing. It's strange to say the least.

Come on eVGA I know you can do better than this...
Korinogaro
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 15:34:16 (permalink)
EVGA has the same problem as almost all major hardware manufacturers, they are really good at some things, borderline retarded and total **** at others. Like EVGA is good at making GPUs but **** at communication with customers and borderline retarded every time there is some non-hardware problem. They look like company from some "Hardware tycoon game" where player put 95% of $$ into engineering and for the last 5% hired people that usually are able to breath and walk at the same time for other departments.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 16:53:22 (permalink)
Agreed.

I think the biggest dissappointment with EVGA is that BECAUSE they make excellent products and have generally the best warranty across the landscape, you expect that their comms and roadmaps to be 1st class, and when your let down.....it somehow feels that much harder. That lad Jacob does pretty good on the twitter to be fair, but he's just one guy and can't deal with the plethora of issues worldwide. He does, or at least used to give heads up on the NA queues as I recall - but Europe? Nada!

It really wouldn't take much to fix this either, well _anything_ would be an improvement in comms over what they have today, but really once every now and then post out an update on where things are at would be an excellent start in the right direction. 

Red_infer013, you might be right about the bulk of the allocations going to retailers in Europe, but don't forget......EVGA themselves own the breakdown on how they distribute the chips that they get allocated from NVidia. If they want to give all to x or y, that's up to them. Sure, they may have obligations to fulfil channels as best they can, but they created the queues. It seems very odd that you would create something and then have it as disfunctional. I don't think that's intended, least I would hope that EVGA distribution team would be better than that. I've been wrong before though :-) 
Red_Infern013
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 23:30:57 (permalink)
McAztec
@Red_Infer013

I have an alternate theory

That's the problem, we're left here theorizing what the heck is going on on EVGAs end. And yea, you may be right, EU is smaller market (maybe, I dunno really, in the current state of GPU market if China brands that we've never heard about come here they'll be bought in a blink, even in the US. But let's say EU is a smaller market for EVGA) and they want to get their GPUs out there, so they're prioritizing scalper-retailers. Fair enough. But the queue is a special outlet if I'm not mistaken, at least in the current state of the market, no one is really expecting them to put even 5% of their GPUs towards it, at least in the EU. Then disclose the numbers, give me anything that tells me that I'm getting a GPU in a month, 6, or 10 years, just anything, if the allocated to the EU queue is that small, you're not giving any useful sales data away. And if you don't want to put GPUs in the EU queue in the first place, why open it and lead people on for months? (might as well say years, the 3000 series launched September last year)

I really don't wanna bag on EVGA, I think the queue is a good idea and I applaud them for being willing to sell GPUs close to MSRP. But the non-existent communication is so frustrating. And honestly, it's starting to feel like a carrot and stick situation.

And I've carried the same sentiment as you @MrAztec since September last year. It wouldn't really hurt me to buy a GPU at 2x MSRP, but I refused to buy one when it was marked up 200$ back when the 3000 series launched, and I still refuse to buy one at the insane prices of today. It feels like feeding into the problem, and next thing we're gonna be paying 4000$ for a xx60 card.

AMD R9 3900x || Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin III CPU Air Cooler || Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060s Evo || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ||  2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz || 1TB SanDisk Ultra 3d SATA SSD || EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+
McAztec
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 23:39:37 (permalink)
alandoy
Agreed.

I think the biggest dissappointment with EVGA is that BECAUSE they make excellent products and have generally the best warranty across the landscape, you expect that their comms and roadmaps to be 1st class, and when your let down.....it somehow feels that much harder. That lad Jacob does pretty good on the twitter to be fair, but he's just one guy and can't deal with the plethora of issues worldwide. He does, or at least used to give heads up on the NA queues as I recall - but Europe? Nada!

It really wouldn't take much to fix this either, well _anything_ would be an improvement in comms over what they have today, but really once every now and then post out an update on where things are at would be an excellent start in the right direction. 

Red_infer013, you might be right about the bulk of the allocations going to retailers in Europe, but don't forget......EVGA themselves own the breakdown on how they distribute the chips that they get allocated from NVidia. If they want to give all to x or y, that's up to them. Sure, they may have obligations to fulfil channels as best they can, but they created the queues. It seems very odd that you would create something and then have it as disfunctional. I don't think that's intended, least I would hope that EVGA distribution team would be better than that. I've been wrong before though :-) 

I agree with your points. As for that "contractual obligations to fulfill", while it may be true, I never really got my head around this, after all they make and distribute the GPUs, they should have the distributors and retailers by the nuts at this point...  Oh, you're scalping the cards, and have no anti-bot measures in place, after all this time, one year after it all went up the creek without a paddle? Well, I guess your shipment was delayed, everyone else's is on time, it's just yours that got "retained" at some warehouse, oopsie! Surely there are some ways to get things done. If they cannot ask nicely, which should be the preferred option, we're civilized people after all, they can probably strong-arm them and let them read between the lines that they either get in line with the program or they'll be selling leftover 1060's and brackets from now on. And it's not like they signed a contract saying "we'll give you 50 units per month", we've seen how unpredictable production has been, and I doubt they made one saying "we'll give you 20% of our EU allocation" either, so it's probably order based, there's a queue there as well most likely...
All said and done, we have to keep in mind that this argument was initiated by forum members, which know just as much as we do mostly, not EVGA themselves, so it must be taken with a grain of salt. Affirmations made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence imo. No offense intended to those that claimed so, or just plain believe it, but I've only ever used it seen to dismiss any EU queue management criticism, even when valid, and maybe speculation isn't enough anymore, maybe we are right to be a little displeased at the current situation and would like actual answers, not the usual run-around and the "they got other priorities" which is basically what that is...
McAztec
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/13 23:48:55 (permalink)
Red_Infern013
McAztec
@Red_Infer013

I have an alternate theory

That's the problem, we're left here theorizing what the heck is going on on EVGAs end. And yea, you may be right, EU is smaller market (maybe, I dunno really, in the current state of GPU market if China brands that we've never heard about come here they'll be bought in a blink, even in the US. But let's say EU is a smaller market for EVGA) and they want to get their GPUs out there, so they're prioritizing scalper-retailers. Fair enough. But the queue is a special outlet if I'm not mistaken, at least in the current state of the market, no one is really expecting them to put even 5% of their GPUs towards it, at least in the EU. Then disclose the numbers, give me anything that tells me that I'm getting a GPU in a month, 6, or 10 years, just anything, if the allocated to the EU queue is that small, you're not giving any useful sales data away. And if you don't want to put GPUs in the EU queue in the first place, why open it and lead people on for months? (might as well say years, the 3000 series launched September last year)

I really don't wanna bag on EVGA, I think the queue is a good idea and I applaud them for being willing to sell GPUs close to MSRP. But the non-existent communication is so frustrating. And honestly, it's starting to feel like a carrot and stick situation.

And I've carried the same sentiment as you @MrAztec since September last year. It wouldn't really hurt me to buy a GPU at 2x MSRP, but I refused to buy one when it was marked up 200$ back when the 3000 series launched, and I still refuse to buy one at the insane prices of today. It feels like feeding into the problem, and next thing we're gonna be paying 4000$ for a xx60 card.

I know what you mean, it's the same thing here. Hell if I really really wanted to I could go out and buy a 3090 rn, with the PSU to go and a CPU/MOBO upgrade to hold it (my current 2700x would hold a 3080 at 1440p afaik, but not a 3090), but where would that lead me? I'm gonna swear by all the gods when the price goes down and I see my card at half my buying price, and even more so if next time I see the 4080 at 1k MSRP (vat not included, as usual, so multiply that a little). Not to mention that I don't need a 3090 to begin with, but you get the point.
Rafalcmh
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/14 02:18:02 (permalink)
All EU queues are on hold right now due to to Paypal issue, not just 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It happened on Friday and Jacob said it will be fixed by Monday, meanwhile 2nd Monday since then already passed. I think he forget that in EU queue everything takes 8 times longer to happen.
Pantaleone
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/14 02:20:07 (permalink)
Rafalcmh
All EU queues are on hold right now due to to Paypal issue, not just 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It happened on Friday and Jacob said it will be fixed by Monday, meanwhile 2nd Monday since then already passed. I think he forget that in EU queue everything takes 8 times longer to happen.

If that's true maybe and just maybe we'll get a drop on both queues once the problem is fixed. Keeping my hopes up
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/09/14 02:23:11 (permalink)
As someone who got a 3090 via the queue myself back in March, I think the queue is a great idea.... when it works. To my knowledge no other manufacturer is doing it and it's industry leading in many ways. 

Regarding the contractual obligations, yeah, like you I've puzzled this one myself - but it's not that they have to to give x number of cards to retailers, it's that EVGA and their distributors/consumers are in a partnership and that they need these people to make money too. If they aren't making money then they are out of business and that helps no one. Then there are B2B (Business to business) customers who depend directly on EVGA in supplying cards or they can't make systems, as in they have every other component but no GPU. It's fair for them to get priority over others (including the EVGA queue) as companies can fold and people lose jobs over the lack of cards for those cases - makes sense that's good "channel management". 

The scalpers/bots, I loath them. The only real way to solve scalpers (not just in GPU space but everywhere) is for people not to buy from them. Difficult though to get enough people to buy into that. 

The whole arguments about EU being smaller or larger than NA is a moot point though. Doesn't matter. If you have a one area with 10 million people and another area with 100 million people, you don't split the allocation 50-50, you allocate the cards into the various areas so that the queues run as parallel as much as you can. Sure, it's difficult to get it running exactly the same, but you shouldn't have people getting cards in one area who signed up to the queue in March 2021 where people in other area(s) have not gotten cards and signed up in Sept 2020. That's just biased favoritism. The fact that the NA queue has consistently performed better across all skus for months is no accident in statistics. That's down to some person somewhere making a decision on how many cards should be diverted into that channel. Like many things, it simply may need readjusting in light of the performance of the queue to date.

I'd hope that EVGA has the strength of character to just go, "Do you know what lads, we made a mistake here and we're going to fix that!"
post edited by alandoy - 2021/09/14 02:25:57
Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 81 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile