What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 60 of 88
Author
Pantaleone
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/13 01:44:48 (permalink)
I get you can't just try to get to 100 in a hurry without posting frequently. And it isn't easy in the 3000 series threads.
Actually there are a lot of really interesting threads under "general discussion" with word games, counting threads, "what are you listening to" and "what did you buy today" threads so it feels more like a pleasure than a job to reach 100.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 159
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/13 03:52:32 (permalink)
Pantaleone
I get you can't just try to get to 100 in a hurry without posting frequently. And it isn't easy in the 3000 series threads.
Actually there are a lot of really interesting threads under "general discussion" with word games, counting threads, "what are you listening to" and "what did you buy today" threads so it feels more like a pleasure than a job to reach 100.

That was my point earlier about "My favorite CD's".....that there are threads out there on the forums and you can go in and easily get to 100 pretty quickly, without randomly posting "Spam" messages. 
Zixinus
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 165
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/13 07:00:35 (permalink)
Elite spam seems to be concentrated at least to a handful of folders.
I do wonder what the mods think about all this.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/13 08:12:02 (permalink)
Zixinus

I think they'd be alright with it - course with the usual radio silence we get, we may never know. :-( 
I mean, ultimately what EVGA should care about is that they have customers signing up to the Elite membership. This works both ways. For us customers we get things like priority access to products, and for EVGA they (hopefully) get a consistent repeat customer base. If people generate loyalty towards a company, they are more likely to continue to "repeat buy" from them - so creating the Elite membership is good for everyone. If someone posts a good few "real" messages in the forums and then needs to bump themselves up to reach a magic number, I personally think that's ok - course I appreciate I may be in the minority. 

Course, with that Elite membership.....one would hope that certain safeguards have been put in place (which it does seem like that they have) where only 1x card can be shipped to an address, and that address tied to the account - to stop scalpers from doing the dirt on us <again>
Amperloom
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/13 23:46:42 (permalink)
alandoy
Zixinus

I think they'd be alright with it - course with the usual radio silence we get, we may never know. :-( 
I mean, ultimately what EVGA should care about is that they have customers signing up to the Elite membership. This works both ways. For us customers we get things like priority access to products, and for EVGA they (hopefully) get a consistent repeat customer base. If people generate loyalty towards a company, they are more likely to continue to "repeat buy" from them - so creating the Elite membership is good for everyone. If someone posts a good few "real" messages in the forums and then needs to bump themselves up to reach a magic number, I personally think that's ok - course I appreciate I may be in the minority. 

Course, with that Elite membership.....one would hope that certain safeguards have been put in place (which it does seem like that they have) where only 1x card can be shipped to an address, and that address tied to the account - to stop scalpers from doing the dirt on us <again>

This "only 1x card can be shipped to an address, and that address tied to the account " is kind of stupid, but OK I understand the market ...
But lets say "I have a VFX or news company, need to buy 5 cards (I have 5 workspaces and each have a PC) just for upgrade, because 4K is demanding" in that case I can't buy them directly or need to use/do some weird things to get the cards.

BUT YEA, the scalping force is strong and needs to be slowed down somehow.
On the other hand, if the mining profit is no profit, then the aftermarket will be full of cards (some are half dead I belive)
Sir Frigorifero
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 00:34:42 (permalink)
Amperloom

This "only 1x card can be shipped to an address, and that address tied to the account " is kind of stupid, but OK I understand the market ...
But lets say "I have a VFX or news company, need to buy 5 cards (I have 5 workspaces and each have a PC) just for upgrade, because 4K is demanding" in that case I can't buy them directly or need to use/do some weird things to get the 

if you need GPUs for a professional setting you don't buy from a site like EVGA. you need a seller that offers you a maintenance service so if one or more GPUs die you can have a replacement ASAP so you don't have much downtime since no work = no money. 
this kind of service costs more but you can repay it by not losing profit
Lukas82
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 00:38:01 (permalink)
Sorry but the 100 post thingy is too easy for scalpers...
Amperloom
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 01:15:12 (permalink)
Sir Frigorifero
Amperloom

But lets say "I have a VFX or news company, need to buy 5 cards (I have 5 workspaces and each have a PC) just for upgrade, because 4K is demanding" in that case I can't buy them directly or need to use/do some weird things to get the 

if you need GPUs for a professional setting you don't buy from a site like EVGA. you need a seller that offers you a maintenance service so if one or more GPUs die you can have a replacement ASAP so you don't have much downtime since no work = no money. 

Yes-yes, but .... there is allways a BUT 

Lukas82

Yes it's not 
WhiteWolf92
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 01:20:54 (permalink)
Amperloom
Sir Frigorifero
Amperloom

Yes-yes, but .... there is allways a BUT 

Lukas82

Yes it's not 

No but yes ;)
roberty35
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 01:57:04 (permalink)
Eu is working very slow...in US there are sent many many cards compared to EU

Regards,

Associate Code for a nice discount: 54LU2WY82SCVYVA
(Don't forget to upload your invoice or no credit is given!)
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 02:51:38 (permalink)
Lukas82

Yeah, you could argue that it is - but what's the alternative? Raise that number of messages to (say) 500 which could make it difficult for legitimate users to hit that mark. In any case a scalper would probably have previously bought one of the skus on the approved list, so could gain entry via that method rather than using the number of messages on the forums. Nahh, the 100 messages limit is probably about right, but even if a scalper gains entry into elite, they'll only get 1x card due to the other constraints. Sure, I'd rather they didn't even get that, but it's hard to block them without needlessly penalizing legitimate users. 
WhiteWolf92
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:00:03 (permalink)
alandoy
Lukas82

Yeah, you could argue that it is - but what's the alternative? Raise that number of messages to (say) 500 which could make it difficult for legitimate users to hit that mark. In any case a scalper would probably have previously bought one of the skus on the approved list, so could gain entry via that method rather than using the number of messages on the forums. Nahh, the 100 messages limit is probably about right, but even if a scalper gains entry into elite, they'll only get 1x card due to the other constraints. Sure, I'd rather they didn't even get that, but it's hard to block them without needlessly penalizing legitimate users. 

Agree, the elite membership in terms of this is a decent attempt at preventing scalpers and bots from purchasing. However, Evga should also get rid of the forums where one can spam 3 to 5 words just to get 100 comments - otherwise it is way too easy to set up numerous elite accounts.
Sahira
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 161
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:04:21 (permalink)
WhiteWolf92
alandoy
Lukas82

Agree, the elite membership in terms of this is a decent attempt at preventing scalpers and bots from purchasing. However, Evga should also get rid of the forums where one can spam 3 to 5 words just to get 100 comments - otherwise it is way too easy to set up numerous elite accounts.

this.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:12:13 (permalink)
WhiteWolf92
alandoy
Lukas82

I don't know what they have going on with the backend side of things in terms of IP address tracking etc, but I know from reading on the forums (EVGA themselves posting) that they limit the number of cards to 1x that can be posted to a email account and address. Sure, a scalper could setup multiple hotmail accounts and then spam the folders to gain Elite membership and then get the cards sent to different addresses, but then the credit cards won't match the addresses.  Yes, they could get someone else (friends) to purchase the cards so that the credit card info matches the destination address, but it's getting harder and harder now. 

Yeah, your right it's not perfect, but it's a solid start in the right direction I think. 
Lukas82
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:16:00 (permalink)
WhiteWolf92Agree, the elite membership in terms of this is a decent attempt at preventing scalpers and bots from purchasing. However, Evga should also get rid of the forums where one can spam 3 to 5 words just to get 100 comments - otherwise it is way too easy to set up numerous elite accounts.

I didn't want to write the idea here for obvious reasons, but basically this, last thing we all want is bots on forum spamming 100 post here and there to become elite "member"

Honestly, the only restriction should be, be with us at least 1-2 years , have at least registered 2-4 products within this time.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:32:38 (permalink)
Lukas82
WhiteWolf92Agree, the elite membership in terms of this is a decent attempt at preventing scalpers and bots from purchasing. However, Evga should also get rid of the forums where one can spam 3 to 5 words just to get 100 comments - otherwise it is way too easy to set up numerous elite accounts.

I didn't want to write the idea here for obvious reasons, but basically this, last thing we all want is bots on forum spamming 100 post here and there to become elite "member"

Honestly, the only restriction should be, be with us at least 1-2 years , have at least registered 2-4 products within this time.

You could do that, but you'd end up penalizing (legitimate) people then. Take me for example, I've been buying EVGA stuff for the guts of 7-8 years, still have my trusty 780 Classified knocking about somewhere .....(ahh good times on Battlefield 4! :-) ) but only joined the forums in Oct 2020, and only registered stuff after doing that. So I'd be out of the eligibility club. You may say,
     "Well that's the price that we have to pay to stop the scalpers"
but is it right that your stopping the very people whom you want to join the loyalty club? Obviously I'd argue no, but my point about the multiple Elite accounts and credit card addresses matching means that even if a scalper does create multiple accounts, unless he's got multiple credit cards it's going to be hard(er) for them to get more than a few cards at most and that would require a lot more "work" than they did previously. 

However, the point about stopping spamming of forums to get Elite could be used. Perhaps something like new users limited to 10 messages / day (or something).....certainly there's things that could be done to make it harder still. 
MythicalCultist
  • Total Posts : 44
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:37:42 (permalink)
I see this thread is way off original topic  - but - yeah, EVGA is based in USA.  Europe is near last for anything.  

EVGA HADRON Hydro- i5 4590- Asroxk Z97 micro itx ---Win 10x64bit
Dendra
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 03:46:17 (permalink)
Lukas82
Ebay? legit shops selling for 2k+ in EU... do you rly think those shops get cards for 900€ and sell them for 2k+ ? i highly doubt it.

It is business, why would EVGA sell their cards for 900€ on their website when they can sell it to shops for 1,5k+ ?

This. The biggest retailers in EU are selling EVGA gpus for atrocious prices - who sent them those cards, Santa Claus?

And yet EU queue is still in October last year...

This queue will take years, not months, by then we'll already buy an overpriced gpu.

If this marketing ploy achieved anything, it just made us Europeans realize how little EVGA thinks of us.
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 04:38:55 (permalink)
Dendra
Lukas82
Ebay? legit shops selling for 2k+ in EU... do you rly think those shops get cards for 900€ and sell them for 2k+ ? i highly doubt it.

It is business, why would EVGA sell their cards for 900€ on their website when they can sell it to shops for 1,5k+ ?

This. The biggest retailers in EU are selling EVGA gpus for atrocious prices - who sent them those cards, Santa Claus?

This queue will take years, not months, by then we'll already buy an overpriced gpu.

If this marketing ploy achieved anything, it just made us Europeans realize how little EVGA thinks of us.

Don't forget guys, cards are also being sold in the US for outrageous prices too. So scalping and selling by retailers for _massively_ above the MSRP is not an EU thing in isolation. 
That said, I've been highlighting for months that the EU queue is under performing compared to our NA brothers. I must knock up another spreadsheet with the recent data. However, rather than "EVGA hates us", I like to think that it's an error or oversight on their part and that it's a situation which could be rectified rather than the opinion that they are "out to get us". While it's always easy to jump to the conclusion that since they are a US company that they favor US customers over "elsewhere", I think that in this day-n-age companies like to try to satisfy customers everywhere as best they can.

No, I reckon someone has "made a balls of it" somewhere and just set the allocations too low for Europe.  I like to highlight it.....in the vein hope that someone will fix it :-) 
WhiteWolf92
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 04:49:44 (permalink)
alandoy
Dendra
Lukas82

Don't forget guys, cards are also being sold in the US for outrageous prices too. So scalping and selling by retailers for _massively_ above the MSRP is not an EU thing in isolation. 
That said, I've been highlighting for months that the EU queue is under performing compared to our NA brothers. I must knock up another spreadsheet with the recent data. However, rather than "EVGA hates us", I like to think that it's an error or oversight on their part and that it's a situation which could be rectified rather than the opinion that they are "out to get us". While it's always easy to jump to the conclusion that since they are a US company that they favor US customers over "elsewhere", I think that in this day-n-age companies like to try to satisfy customers everywhere as best they can.

No, I reckon someone has "made a balls of it" somewhere and just set the allocations too low for Europe.  I like to highlight it.....in the vein hope that someone will fix it :-) 

The Messiah of the EU queue... lead us through the stormy waters senpai!
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 05:21:10 (permalink)
Well here's the latest comparison of the NA and EU queues, based off Bovines and Ennut's raw data. 

The 3090's and both the 3070 XC3 and now the 3070 FTW3 are increasingly falling behind our NA counterparts. The other skus are "close enough" that it doesn't really matter. 

People will invariably think "Ohh they hate us" :-) but again, I like to think of it that someone somewhere simply made a mistake and that the allocations for Europe can be improved going forward and that highlighting it may fix it. Always the optimist me. 

For sure though, irrespective of the number of people on the queue, the population sizes etc (all of which actually don't matter here)..... the queues should (roughly) run in parallel. It should not be the case that someone in NA who got on the queue in _Novemember_ can get a 3090 before people in EU in Sept - and I firmly believe that EVGA would want to fix that.  
post edited by alandoy - 2021/05/14 05:24:29

Attached Image(s)

WhiteWolf92
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 05:45:11 (permalink)
alandoy
Well here's the latest comparison of the NA and EU queues, based off Bovines and Ennut's raw data. 

The 3090's and both the 3070 XC3 and now the 3070 FTW3 are increasingly falling behind our NA counterparts. The other skus are "close enough" that it doesn't really matter. 

People will invariably think "Ohh they hate us" :-) but again, I like to think of it that someone somewhere simply made a mistake and that the allocations for Europe can be improved going forward and that highlighting it may fix it. Always the optimist me. 

For sure though, irrespective of the number of people on the queue, the population sizes etc (all of which actually don't matter here)..... the queues should (roughly) run in parallel. It should not be the case that someone in NA who got on the queue in _Novemember_ can get a 3090 before people in EU in Sept - and I firmly believe that EVGA would want to fix that.  

Great chart! Thanks for putting it all into one place. Whish some of the senior members had a look into this.
I'd be pleased if at least the upcoming 3080ti would be split equally between NA and EU...
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 05:58:06 (permalink)
I did think about dropping the bitmap on the EVGA Twitter account, which that lad Jacob does reply on, with the comment 

"EU v NA queue comparison. Thoughts?"

But that would necessitate in me actually creating a twitter account :-) LOL! But sure if anyone wants to distribute it, feel free. I do think that highlighting these things has some chance in improving things. The trick is getting the right people involved and/or the disparity getting visibility. EVGA, despite the conspiracy theories, are doing their best and simply may have allocated things in error. They don't want the bad publicity anymore than we in Europe want to feel like 2nd rate global citizens. 

Aside: I got a 3090 in March via the queue (very happy with it), so the EVGA queue does "work", but that doesn't mean it's OK to be disparity between the two zones. 

post edited by alandoy - 2021/05/14 05:59:45
stiktisya
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 06:42:45 (permalink)
WhiteWolf92
Great chart! Thanks for putting it all into one place. Whish some of the senior members had a look into this.
I'd be pleased if at least the upcoming 3080ti would be split equally between NA and EU...

It is an informative chart and thanks to alandoy for putting the work into it, but it does a liitle disservice to 3060 situation where the US has had hundreds if not thousands more cards than EU as it has progressed a few of the very packed first hours vs EU's only 46 seconds. For it to show the massive difference we would have to compare numbers, which we don't have or can accurately calculate, so I don't think alandoy could have done any better representing this.

For the same reason, I wouldn't get my hopes up in EU for a 3080ti... What good is it if you can queue in the first minute and still wait months and months while watching everybody from the US get their cards? (No hard feelings towards the US gamers, good for you guys !!!)
alandoy
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 06:55:46 (permalink)
stiktisya
It is an informative chart and thanks to alandoy for putting the work into it, but it does a liitle disservice to 3060 situation where the US has had hundreds if not thousands more cards than EU as it has progressed a few of the very packed first hours vs EU's only 46 seconds. For it to show the massive difference we would have to compare numbers, which we don't have or can accurately calculate, so I don't think alandoy could have done any better representing this.

For the same reason, I wouldn't get my hopes up in EU for a 3080ti... What good is it if you can queue in the first minute and still wait months and months while watching everybody from the US get their cards? (No hard feelings towards the US gamers, good for you guys !!!)

Your vey welcome Stikisya. I've given this a lot of thought over the months since I first started to notice the difference - and your right it's difficult if not impossible for skus like the 3060 to gain an appreciation of where the EU stands in relation to the NA one.

Us looking in from outside especially on the first day or two where you have "massive" sign ups, and sometimes mess ups with the sites being inoperative....it's sort of ok for the skus to be (roughly) similar. You can't say it's broken, but at the same time you can't say it's equal either - insufficent data sadly. It's the ones where it's out by more than a week that we know there's something wrong - and they _can_ fix that. If they will?.... only time will tell. 

The case of the 3090 was personally annoying to me (as I was in there) and I could see not only was it behind the US, but it was increasingly falling behind the US, and the same is true still today 2 months after I got my own one, it's falling more and more behind. Shame. 
post edited by alandoy - 2021/05/14 06:57:06
BovineGamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 07:01:58 (permalink)
stiktisya

Nothing you can do but try, the KP notifies lasted seconds on both sides, and that is an expensive niche card that is sold imcomplete. the 3080 Ti will be twice as bad and the 3070 Ti will be even uglier because it's MSRP will be cheaper. The extensive press coverage for the Early Bird Elite program did not help either.

I am now seeing 3070's being sold at the original 3090 price, in "serious stores", the craze seems to have no limits.

In short, just another chapter in the 2020/21 Great GPU Debacle....
Feuer_Psycho
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 07:30:42 (permalink)
 A good indicator how much EVGA really cares about their customers  in the EU is the time it took to get their peripherals in stock. Ok one could argue because the keyboards are language specific production takes more time. On the other hand they didn't sell the mice either. 

But at least EVGA honored the elite member price for a short time.
BovineGamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 14:03:22 (permalink)
Good Evening, here is the daily status for the EU queues.
This is not a normal update, just a end of the week recap for the self-reported positions on the EU Queue.

Name                                     SKU                 Latest Emailed Date
K|NGP|N HYDRO COPPER         3999                No Self Reports Yet
3090 FTW3 Ultra                     3987                 9/30/2020 6:58:07 AM PT
3080 XC3 Ultra                        3885                9/17/2020 8:35:00 AM PT
3080 FTW3 Ultra                     3897                 9/17/2020 7:50:00 AM PT
3070 XC3 Black                       3751                10/29/2020 6:15:19 AM PT
3070 XC3 Ultra                        3755                10/29/2020 6:44:10 AM PT
3070 FTW3 Ultra                     3767                10/29/2020 6:39:05 AM PT
3060 Ti XC Gaming                  3663                12/6/2020 2:50:32 AM PT
3060 TI FTW                           3667                12/6/2020 12:54:00 AM PT
3060 XC Gaming                     3657                 2/25/2021 09:00:49 AM PT

A reminder that today was also the last day for the "2020 Prices", let us hope next week is better but for now go home and take some rest, we can resume our watch next Monday.
musicdu
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/14 16:13:11 (permalink)
^^ News just in - there are no news :D
EtherealZoon
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2021/05/15 01:37:25 (permalink)
I think what emphasizes the problem here in EU is that the population is higher (~750 for the whole Europe/~450 for EU vs ~330 in the US) so I would assume there would be more demand. Then if we say that the US is getting a lot more cards (based on what's being reported on the spreadsheets) it will result to a lot lower card/people. Even if both region were getting the same amount of cards (which I doubt), it would still seem as Europe is getting less. 

It's obviously a lot cheaper to send cards to the US right now and the reason we are getting cards in the EU is for EVGA to show that they haven't abandoned the region. And to be fair, I don't blame them. 
Page: << < ..5657585960.. > >> Showing page 60 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile