US Bans Kaspersky antivirus software and sanctions executives

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 84227
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2024/06/25 23:46:46 (permalink)
https://overclock3d.net/news/software/us-bans-kaspersky-antivirus-software-and-sanctions-executives/

At the start of next month Kaspersky software will not be available inside the US. Furthermore, updates will stop for their software on September 29th 2024. Additionally, the US has issued sanctions on twelve of the company’s executives. This includes four board members, several senior managers and even a few vice presidents.

The US has banned Kaspersky on national security grounds. The Moscow-based company could be used by the Russian government to instal malware, block security updates, and collect the personal data of Americans. Companies that continue to sell Kaspersky software in the US will face fines. Rebranded products with Kaspersky’s software have also been banned.

This ban follows a two-year national security probe of Kaspersky’s antivirus software by the US Department of Commerce. The software has previously been banned from US Government systems due to alleged links to Russian intelligence operations. Soon, nobody will be able to buy the Russian antivirus in the US.

Representatives of the Russian company have always denied the US government’s allegations. The company sees this ban as something that is based on politics and not facts, and plans to “pursue all legally available options” to protect their business.
Users of Kaspersky’s software in the US should uninstall it and use another antivirus. Updates end on September 29th, giving you a few months to make the change.

If you have Kaspersky antivirus, you've only got a few months to change to another antivirus software. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Bobmitch
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7799
    • Ribbons : 49
    Re: US Bans Kaspersky antivirus software and sanctions executives 2024/06/26 05:19:29 (permalink)
    I had heard of this some time ago.  I was switching AV, back to my original from Trend Micro and saw a great deal on Kaspersky.  Went back to my original with no hesitation. 

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 CL30 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i LCD 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; Corsair K70 RGB Pro MX Speed Silver Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  https://www.heatware.com/u/72402
    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30755
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: US Bans Kaspersky antivirus software and sanctions executives 2024/06/26 11:18:12 (permalink)
    thanks for the info

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

When someone does not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place; you can't use reason to convince them otherwise!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile