EVGA

AnsweredRed Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 33
Author
douglasrigueira
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/08 10:49:51 (permalink)
hexum23
Did disabling gsync also improve your frame time?

Not the frame time but the fps goes much more high. Before that with SLI enabled with JustuLM profile, fps stay on 50-60 and disabling g-sync goes to 70-80 fps.
What I noticed is in Horseshoe Camp frame time is more bouncing and far from that is better. Even with only one card, frame time in the camp is very bouncing.
I hope someone find a setting that makes frame time more smooth.
hexum23
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/08 11:08:24 (permalink)
douglasrigueira
hexum23
Did disabling gsync also improve your frame time?

Not the frame time but the fps goes much more high. Before that with SLI enabled with JustuLM profile, fps stay on 50-60 and disabling g-sync goes to 70-80 fps.
What I noticed is in Horseshoe Camp frame time is more bouncing and far from that is better. Even with only one card, frame time in the camp is very bouncing.
I hope someone find a setting that makes frame time more smooth.

Damn I was hoping it did. Last night one of the last thing I did was disable g sync and hdr at the same time and the flickering/stuttering issues were gone! I was passing out so only got to see this for a minute before I turned off my computer. Going to play around again tonight to see if I can fix frame time issues.

9900K@5.0/1.29 - 2x2080ti FE - 32GB 4600MHz Trident Z - 905p Optane 960GB - 970 Evo 2TB - WD Black 1TB NVMe - MSI Z390 Godlike - X35 - X27 - PG279Q
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/08 21:39:54 (permalink)
Vandiekins
squall-leonhart
gsync doesn't work coz of a bug

quit with the conspiracy bs, it makes you look desperate to cause trouble,
There won't be a profile that makes it work because Compatibility Setting ID's in the profile do NOTHING for vulkan and dx12.

Its well known that Nvidia doesnt want sli and if rockstar didnt bring in into the game its because they dont care. Stop defending gaming companies that only care about screwing pc gamers. Shadow of the tomb raider works amazingly with 2 gpus on dx12. Do some research before talking nonsense.

I am not sure where you got this information as it is absolutely incorrect. 
notserious80
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 01:55:20 (permalink)
Well im not so sure anymore.. 2 new released games this week and no sli in sight. last couple of big AAA titles hasen't supported sli. Assassins creed hasen't for 2 games. Kinda funny that they advertise "4k ultra gfx omg zomg" and then you cant play at those settings at accepteble fps. I wanna trust that they don't wanna kill off sli but its getting harder and harder. Next time i buy a card i think ill go for a single one. Guess i just have to give up on the 4k ultra saga.
KracsNZ
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 04:59:13 (permalink)
Last 3 games I have played all have working SLI profiles, albeit hacks from the community. Borderlands 3, The Outer Worlds and now RDR2 (all working for Pascal though The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 are bandwidth limited so I don't think you'll get good performance on Pascal at 4k unless you're on a 16x/16x motherboard).

This is the profile that worked for me in RDR2: 

Edit: ah, it won't let me post a link, just search on RDR2 reddit for 'RDR2 SLI Settings' by u/SupremeSpez.

post edited by KracsNZ - 2019/11/09 05:01:27
notserious80
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 06:18:51 (permalink)
KracsNZ
Last 3 games I have played all have working SLI profiles, albeit hacks from the community. Borderlands 3, The Outer Worlds and now RDR2 (all working for Pascal though The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 are bandwidth limited so I don't think you'll get good performance on Pascal at 4k unless you're on a 16x/16x motherboard).

This is the profile that worked for me in RDR2: 

Edit: ah, it won't let me post a link, just search on RDR2 reddit for 'RDR2 SLI Settings' by u/SupremeSpez.

Not sure it scales at all. exact same gfx settings as i had with 1 card and its like 5 more fps... and high frametimes and flickering on some textures. Tested like 3 profiles now and there all the same. ill wait for a proper fix if there will be one. doubt it tho -.-
Baasha
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 644
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 09:44:10 (permalink)
I don't understand how some of you are saying it doesn't scale. At 4K with a single GPU with everything on Ultra and TAA on Medium, I get around 30 - 35fps. With MGPU enabled, it goes up to 60FPS. That is near perfect scaling. Yes, there are issues such as flickering and artifacting but those are sporadic for the most part.

Rockstar needs to update the game to get rid of these issues but MGPU exists in the game and it can provide for a much better experience.

4K, 5K, and 8K gaming - ThirtyIR 

UberRig (C622): W-3175X @ 4.50Ghz | RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI | EVGA SR-3 Dark | Trident Z Royal 4000Mhz (96GB) | Corsair AX1600i | Asetek 690LX-PN | Intel 905P (960GB) | Sabrent NVMe (8TB) | Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Dell AW5520QF | Dell UP3017Q | Audeze LCD-X (2021) | Schiit Gungnir Multibit | Schiit Mjolnir 2

Z690 Rig (Z690): 12900KF @ 5.20Ghz | EVGA RTX 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra | ASUS MXIIIE | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 | Trident Z RGB 6000Mhz (32GB) | Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) | Sabrent Rocket Plus 4TB RAID-0 | EVGA 1600T2 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | ASUS PG32UQX | Gigabyte AORUS FI32U | Sennheiser HD800 | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Schiit Bifrost 2
notserious80
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 11:38:41 (permalink)
i have 30-35 fps too with one card. not at ultra everything tho. Never seen 60 at max settings whatever i do. What cards have u got? think 2080 works better then pascals with vulkan and so on. When i run with sli i get huge frametimes that makes it feel like 20 fps. I tested both drivers with around 4 diffrent profiles. .08 driver has mgpu on as default no need to change anything and it flickers like mad. Found one setting that seemed promising but then game crashed every 10 mins instead. Ill just stick with 1 gpu untill they fix it. Just played for like 4 hours without a single hickup so i guess ill settle for waiting.
KracsNZ
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 11:54:44 (permalink)
notserious80
i have 30-35 fps too with one card. not at ultra everything tho. Never seen 60 at max settings whatever i do. What cards have u got? think 2080 works better then pascals with vulkan and so on. When i run with sli i get huge frametimes that makes it feel like 20 fps. I tested both drivers with around 4 diffrent profiles. .08 driver has mgpu on as default no need to change anything and it flickers like mad. Found one setting that seemed promising but then game crashed every 10 mins instead. Ill just stick with 1 gpu untill they fix it. Just played for like 4 hours without a single hickup so i guess ill settle for waiting.

I went from just under 40-45fps on balanced to 55-60fps on ultra. Both cards sitting at 97+% utilization. Are you running at 4k on Pascal? I'm on 1440p with 1080 SLI and it feels pretty damn smooth. I'll check the frame timings and get back to you.
notserious80
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 12:04:31 (permalink)
KracsNZ
notserious80

I went from just under 40-45fps on balanced to 55-60fps on ultra. Both cards sitting at 97+% utilization. Are you running at 4k on Pascal? I'm on 1440p with 1080 SLI and it feels pretty damn smooth. I'll check the frame timings and get back to you.

Yea 1080ti x2 4k res. A couple of settings at ultra but mostly high. i saw 98% on both cards but the frame rate wasen't that much better. i could bring more settings up without much dip tho. Was better on the old drivers too but got that weird snow glich and constant crashes. had constant 16.6-40 frametimes. The curve was kinda crazy :D never seen it go that haywire. Turning off g-sync helped a bit but meh i cba to test more its running fine for me. Game is pretty easy anyways with the slow time button ^^ Dont need 100 fps for mah aimz. Kinda sucks that they dident fix mgpu tho. Getting tired of having to test profiles and "hacks" -.-

Edit: So i tested it again. turned all settings to low and still 99% usage on both cards and not even 60 fps... someting is way off
post edited by notserious80 - 2019/11/09 12:46:56
TinyPaws28
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 12:52:03 (permalink)
Hey guys... so, there's a reddit topic about SLI: /r/RDR2/comments/dssli4/rdr2_sli_settings/

and I posted there but might as well post in here, maybe get some fresh new ideas
Ill paste it below and, well, if anyone has a slightest idea of what could work in my case, please feel free to respond and at least give me some ideas to work with.

2 x GTX 1080 Ti in SLIi9-790016gb ram could run the game on mixture of ultra-high-medium using one card with some decent framerates. Decided to look for ways to enable SLI. Found this topic.Started with the steps from the main post. That indeed enabled SLI. I maxed everything out in game, I could even reach 100+ framerates on 1080p. Both cards working, one on 99%, other one on around 45%- enough to have a beautiful lookin game on full hd. Note here: had to use Vulkan, DX12 with the SLI settings crashes while loading story mode (I can turn on the game, get in the main menu, settings, everything. if I try loading the story mode, it takes forever to load (my loading times on Vulkan are really short) and then crashed to desktop.But- there is a problem. I reach those beautiful framerates on two cards working while I'm on TAA off. And for some reason then everything is so damn bright I can barely see anything. Nights (with all the lights and details and everything) stay smooth. Days are just so bright (overexposure or how do you call it) that its just, well, unplayable.WIth TAA on, my fps drops to around 30 (everything maxed out on full hd)- 31 most of the time, 25 close to the water- and everything feels like a slideshow.I've spent few hours testing multiple settings (which is hard as there's another problem, while using this SLI profile, changing options in game leads to many, many crashes. I actually had barely any problems on the release two days ago, only had one CTD, I think. Here, while tweaking settings, I was actually forced to change some of them through system.xml since I was getting so many crashes) and found no solution to fix that overexposure thingy or leaving the TAA on but without those fps going so low for some reason.Does any of you actually have some suggestions for me? I am willing to spend another couple of hours testing stuff (and hopefully find the solution for myself and others) but I dont really know what else I could do. I thought of disabling the TAA ingame and forcing some AA method through the Nvidia settings or nvidia inspector? Or perhaps something else? Any suggestions are welcome.Oh, one more thing- I've changed few things in that rdr2 profile in the Inspector, everything as it was in the original post and also changed some things here and there but I believe they didn't really affect anything anyway.And, by the way, I actually do not encounter any visual glitches. Nothing flickers in my game, everything loosk beautiful while on SLI. But that damn TAA just makes it a slideshow and without TAA- like staring into a sun.
jzer0912
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 13:08:09 (permalink)
Figured out what my issue was.  Apparently having HDR on really screws with things, causes massive stuttering issues.   Had to turn this off to get similar results as described by others.  Went from   21 average-60 max/23 average  62 max (Vulkan/Dx12) to an 38/88 average/max on Vulkan with the modified profile.  This is on one- two Titan Xps.  I'm a quality over quantity person so I try to run at 4096x2160 with ultra\high settings on everything except AA stuff since its kind of pointless at this resolution.  Also have Reshade with Depth3D so I can run in stereoscopic.  If you have a 3D capable TV I highly recommend this, its freaking amazing.  One thing I noticed though, I can't seem to get Reshade to engage with Vulkan when the SLI profile has been modified.  It does normally work with the default settings, and with the modified profile it is possible to force it to start by turning the HDR setting on and off once the game starts, but this crashes the game most of the time, and if it doesn't it seems to break the HDR functionality and the stutter I mentioned earlier is present even once set back to off.  Restarting the game fixes the stutter, but then in order to get reshade to start up again you have to toggle the HDR setting, which then again leads to the stutter.  Anyway, just in case anyone is interested.
notserious80
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/09 13:09:38 (permalink)
TinyPaws28
Hey guys... so, there's a reddit topic about SLI: /r/RDR2/comments/dssli4/rdr2_sli_settings/

and I posted there but might as well post in here, maybe get some fresh new ideas
Ill paste it below and, well, if anyone has a slightest idea of what could work in my case, please feel free to respond and at least give me some ideas to work with.

2 x GTX 1080 Ti in SLIi9-790016gb ram could run the game on mixture of ultra-high-medium using one card with some decent framerates. Decided to look for ways to enable SLI. Found this topic.Started with the steps from the main post. That indeed enabled SLI. I maxed everything out in game, I could even reach 100+ framerates on 1080p. Both cards working, one on 99%, other one on around 45%- enough to have a beautiful lookin game on full hd. Note here: had to use Vulkan, DX12 with the SLI settings crashes while loading story mode (I can turn on the game, get in the main menu, settings, everything. if I try loading the story mode, it takes forever to load (my loading times on Vulkan are really short) and then crashed to desktop.But- there is a problem. I reach those beautiful framerates on two cards working while I'm on TAA off. And for some reason then everything is so damn bright I can barely see anything. Nights (with all the lights and details and everything) stay smooth. Days are just so bright (overexposure or how do you call it) that its just, well, unplayable.WIth TAA on, my fps drops to around 30 (everything maxed out on full hd)- 31 most of the time, 25 close to the water- and everything feels like a slideshow.I've spent few hours testing multiple settings (which is hard as there's another problem, while using this SLI profile, changing options in game leads to many, many crashes. I actually had barely any problems on the release two days ago, only had one CTD, I think. Here, while tweaking settings, I was actually forced to change some of them through system.xml since I was getting so many crashes) and found no solution to fix that overexposure thingy or leaving the TAA on but without those fps going so low for some reason.Does any of you actually have some suggestions for me? I am willing to spend another couple of hours testing stuff (and hopefully find the solution for myself and others) but I dont really know what else I could do. I thought of disabling the TAA ingame and forcing some AA method through the Nvidia settings or nvidia inspector? Or perhaps something else? Any suggestions are welcome.Oh, one more thing- I've changed few things in that rdr2 profile in the Inspector, everything as it was in the original post and also changed some things here and there but I believe they didn't really affect anything anyway.And, by the way, I actually do not encounter any visual glitches. Nothing flickers in my game, everything loosk beautiful while on SLI. But that damn TAA just makes it a slideshow and without TAA- like staring into a sun.

Yea i just tested the profile at low settings with 86% and 99% usage on my 1080ti:s and got sub 60 (v-sync) fps. disabled sli got 60 fps with 1 card still pinned it to 99%. It has no preformance gain for me at all. weird that it uses 99% of my card at low settings -.- gonna test lowering my hz to see if i get sub 99%. Yea locked it to 24fps and then i get 40-50% usage on my card. Pretty dam high for low preset and it takes 3,5 gb vid memory -.- **** rockstar? No wonder this game has most pcs screaming ^^
post edited by notserious80 - 2019/11/09 13:18:14
uggis007
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/10 13:33:53 (permalink)
I just get a crash to the desktop after some minutes in the game when using the sajins profile, is this a regular problem for you as well? 
Its the opening scene, I get to the point where the first shooting starts.. 

I have 2x2080ti, reference on water. 

have you guys also tried to turn on async in the system file? To help the frametime..

omega33655
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/10 22:56:02 (permalink)
Hi PeterBee911

would you be so kind to help me set up my SLI?

I also have a pair of 970s and i cannot get this darn thing to work.
PeterBee911
cyrilp
PeterBee911

However, with the custom profile, I was about to enable TAA and gain 5 fps back. :)

hi, could you tell us how many fps you get with/without sli ? i'm expecting my second 2080ti tomorow....

Sure! Actually I have two GTX 970 (with a consequent OC). 

On a single GPU I run at about 45fps on 1440p with a mix of high/ultra and some options on medium without MSAA/TAA/FXAA.
And with SLI I run at 85fps with the above settings. With TAA enabled however, I run around 60 fps.

(Those numbers are relevant in the Heartlands though, didn't venture in Saint-Denis yet).

post edited by omega33655 - 2019/11/10 23:08:14
dataplague
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 09:32:28 (permalink)
no cure for crashing as soon as loading into actual game with this sli fix yet?
hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 10:21:49 (permalink)
dataplague
no cure for crashing as soon as loading into actual game with this sli fix yet?

Running 2 x 2080ti and am not having this problem. I have everything maxed out except only anti aliasing I’m using is TAA on highest setting, no fxaa or msaa. HDR is off as that seemed to create a lot of stutter and frame time issues. G sync is enabled, v sync is off. Using Vulkan. While was testing out various SLI profile suggestions I kept getting crashes especially when changing graphics settings, so what I would recommend is restore your red dead 2 profile back to default with Nvidia profile inspector. Load the game up and adjust your graphics settings to where you want them. Quit the game, go back to Nvidia profile inspector and enable mgpu (which is similar to SLI) by changing a single entry towards the bottom in the Unknown section 0x20247E01 from Red Dead Redemption 2 to Strange Brigade (was suggested in a reddit post titled “RDR2 SLI Settings”) . I tried all the various profile settings people have been posting and doing this single change to Strange Brigade has given me the best results. Getting high 95-98% usage on both GPUs and doubling my frame rates. There are still a couple issues. In about 4 hours of playing last night I had 1 crash, not too bad. Worse issue is the flickering, which only happens in specific scenes like the sky changing during sunrise or certain fog mixed with lighting effects, but it isn’t too bad and is worth the trade off for doubling my frame rates.
post edited by hexum23 - 2019/11/11 10:53:18

9900K@5.0/1.29 - 2x2080ti FE - 32GB 4600MHz Trident Z - 905p Optane 960GB - 970 Evo 2TB - WD Black 1TB NVMe - MSI Z390 Godlike - X35 - X27 - PG279Q
hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 10:36:18 (permalink)
TinyPaws28

Did you figure anything out with this? Game is running smoothly with by my GPUs being fully utilized. It’s just that occasional flickering which I believe is TAA related. I’m going to try again later, but before the game would crash anytime I had TAA off. I’d be fine with using MSAA 8x if the flickering is gone.

hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 10:52:22 (permalink)
jzer0912
Figured out what my issue was.  Apparently having HDR on really screws with things, causes massive stuttering issues.   Had to turn this off to get similar results as described by others.  Went from   21 average-60 max/23 average  62 max (Vulkan/Dx12) to an 38/88 average/max on Vulkan with the modified profile.  This is on one- two Titan Xps.  I'm a quality over quantity person so I try to run at 4096x2160 with ultra\high settings on everything except AA stuff since its kind of pointless at this resolution.  Also have Reshade with Depth3D so I can run in stereoscopic.  If you have a 3D capable TV I highly recommend this, its freaking amazing.  One thing I noticed though, I can't seem to get Reshade to engage with Vulkan when the SLI profile has been modified.  It does normally work with the default settings, and with the modified profile it is possible to force it to start by turning the HDR setting on and off once the game starts, but this crashes the game most of the time, and if it doesn't it seems to break the HDR functionality and the stutter I mentioned earlier is present even once set back to off.  Restarting the game fixes the stutter, but then in order to get reshade to start up again you have to toggle the HDR setting, which then again leads to the stutter.  Anyway, just in case anyone is interested.

Thanks for this. Can also confirm HDR caused me a lot of problems. Stutter, frame time and crash issues. I haven’t messed with reshade or stereoscopic ever, might look into it.

TomWelsh
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 12:07:24 (permalink)
I assume nobody has a fix for the insufferable flicker? 

I have both of my cards 'working', but I am not enjoying the random flickering, that appears with no real reason, sometimes its fine, sometimes not. I now have the bizarre issue after so many people can't get SLI working, in that I can't stop it! Only DX12 disables the second card, setting the program to single card while in Vulkan keeps it running. Typical! 
Radeon123
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 12:44:04 (permalink)
Still haven't found a fix for my crashing issue in SLI on my 2080 Ti's the moment I continue the story or try to run the benchmark. Tried both profiles, just changing to the strange brigade entry, DDU my drivers just in case and deleting the rockstars red dead folder from documents. SLI just causes me in this game only to crash to the desktop or locks up on a black screen forcing me to end the task.  I'm completely stumped

This is with vulkan and 441.12.

2x RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, 9900K @ 5.0Ghz, Asus Z370 Formula X (BIOS 2203), 2x 16GB Hyper Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, Corsair AX860i 860w, Samsung EVO 860 2TB
hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 12:51:05 (permalink)
Radeon123
Still haven't found a fix for my crashing issue in SLI on my 2080 Ti's the moment I continue the story or try to run the benchmark. Tried both profiles, just changing to the strange brigade entry, DDU my drivers just in case and deleting the rockstars red dead folder from documents. SLI just causes me in this game only to crash to the desktop or locks up on a black screen forcing me to end the task.  I'm completely stumped

This is with vulkan and 441.12.

Weird because the game works fine for me with 2 x 2080ti. If you’ve tried everything from my post a couple posts back, only other thing would be to uninstall and reinstall the whole game. There was a guy who was having an issue where snow was falling all the time and nothing fixed it except a reinstall. Different issue than yours but who knows might be worth a shot if you’ve tried everything else. Can you even play the game on single card? If so I’d go back into your settings while on single card, disable v sync, disable hdr, only use TAA on medium to high. Then make sure driver profile is reverted to original and then make that single strange brigade change. Worked for me.

Radeon123
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 12:57:42 (permalink)
Single card runs perfectly the moment I restore the profile. I don't use HDR so that's off anyway. Even tried launching the game in safe mode and it also crashes when continuing the game in SLI. Tried Vsync on/off same with TAA. Really confused why it doesn't like something on my system in SLI mode as no other SLI game has issues even GTA 5, other games in SLI run very nicely without issues.

Only thing I haven't done is wipe and reinstall the game so may give that a go as that's pretty much my last resort.

2x RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, 9900K @ 5.0Ghz, Asus Z370 Formula X (BIOS 2203), 2x 16GB Hyper Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, Corsair AX860i 860w, Samsung EVO 860 2TB
Vandiekins
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 12:59:09 (permalink)
I dont even see the HDR option under display settings.
hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 14:37:09 (permalink)
Radeon123
Single card runs perfectly the moment I restore the profile. I don't use HDR so that's off anyway. Even tried launching the game in safe mode and it also crashes when continuing the game in SLI. Tried Vsync on/off same with TAA. Really confused why it doesn't like something on my system in SLI mode as no other SLI game has issues even GTA 5, other games in SLI run very nicely without issues.

Only thing I haven't done is wipe and reinstall the game so may give that a go as that's pretty much my last resort.

Good luck. Hope it works. Only other thing I can think of is if you’re running any overclocks on CPU/GPU/RAM as some games don’t respond well to certain overclocks. For example I have some crashes in Overwatch when I run my GPUs at an overclock that most other games can handle. Another game didn’t respond well to my ram being at 4600mhz so had to bring it down to 4200. Are both of your GPUs the same? I’ve heard of people having issues when doing, for example, two 1080s but one was from Zotac and one from EVGA.
post edited by hexum23 - 2019/11/11 17:13:16

hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 14:39:10 (permalink)
Vandiekins

My guess is the HDR option doesn’t show if your monitor doesn’t support it.

KracsNZ
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 14:47:57 (permalink)
hexum23
Vandiekins

My guess is the HDR option doesn’t show if your monitor doesn’t support it.

Or they haven't turned it on in Windows Display Settings (i.e. the 'Play HDR games and apps' toggle).
Radeon123
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 15:31:10 (permalink)
hexum23
Radeon123

Good luck. Hope it works. Only other thing I can think of is if your running any overclocks on CPU/GPU/RAM as some games don’t respond well to certain overclocks. For example I have some crashes in Overwatch when I run my GPUs at an overclock that most other games can handle. Another game didn’t respond well to my ram being at 4600mhz so had to bring it down to 4200. Are both of your GPUs the same? I’ve heard of people having issues when doing, for example, two 1080s but one was from Zotac and one from EVGA.

Unfortunately wiping the game fully and downloading it again didn't fix it, both 2080 Ti's are the reference models that I've left stock as they auto boost to 1.9ghz out of the box. RAM is 3000Mhz which is it's stock speed with XMP (small chance the game has an issue with my XMP profile even if it's the first game to do so), and my 9900k is at 5Ghz. I've given up for now  . Even hellblade with a modified nv inspector profile is great in SLI, will have to wait for another game patch and try again. 

yawnald
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 15:40:09 (permalink)
Baasha
I don't understand how some of you are saying it doesn't scale. At 4K with a single GPU with everything on Ultra and TAA on Medium, I get around 30 - 35fps. With MGPU enabled, it goes up to 60FPS. That is near perfect scaling. Yes, there are issues such as flickering and artifacting but those are sporadic for the most part.

Rockstar needs to update the game to get rid of these issues but MGPU exists in the game and it can provide for a much better experience.

I won't hold my breath for Rockstar to make it right. What I WILL hold is my wallet. Closed. They won't get a cent out of me until it's fixed.  
hexum23
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2: SLI Support 2019/11/11 17:19:52 (permalink)
Radeon123
hexum23
Radeon123

Good luck. Hope it works. Only other thing I can think of is if your running any overclocks on CPU/GPU/RAM as some games don’t respond well to certain overclocks. For example I have some crashes in Overwatch when I run my GPUs at an overclock that most other games can handle. Another game didn’t respond well to my ram being at 4600mhz so had to bring it down to 4200. Are both of your GPUs the same? I’ve heard of people having issues when doing, for example, two 1080s but one was from Zotac and one from EVGA.

Unfortunately wiping the game fully and downloading it again didn't fix it, both 2080 Ti's are the reference models that I've left stock as they auto boost to 1.9ghz out of the box. RAM is 3000Mhz which is it's stock speed with XMP (small chance the game has an issue with my XMP profile even if it's the first game to do so), and my 9900k is at 5Ghz. I've given up for now  . Even hellblade with a modified nv inspector profile is great in SLI, will have to wait for another game patch and try again. 

I’m stumped too. And we have similar setups (9900k@5.0ghz, 2 x 2080ti Founders Edition). This is THE most demanding game I’ve run on this system as I’ve never seen my system temps get this high (everything is liquid cooled), which means greatly increased power draw so maybe your PSU can’t keep up but I would think that wouldn’t happen until you get into the actual game. Last thing would be to do a fresh install of Windows, but that’s extreme and I can’t think of what windows setting would cause this anyways. Maybe some bunk registry entries so a run of CCleaner might not hurt.

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 33
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile