EVGA

OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 37 of 55
Author
q437637
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/02/28 14:20:16 (permalink)
degenerate
After reading this thread boy am I ever glad I didn't order one of these blocks... what a shame... very poorly run company.

Well they have like 5 employees.. There are maybe like 10-20 people who got the KPE block and shared their experience on oc.net and here. 2 have external leak, but those were the early batches.
The "water vapor leaving o-ring issue", where water slowly builds up outside of the o-ring on the inside of backplate block over time possibly due to condensation, is definitely more wide spread. But the block is not leaking externally in this case, so its like an internal bleed. I would say like majority of people will experience this 2nd issue. If the block is not leaking external, and using clear liquid, it is really not an issue. But I gotta say optimus has not handled this situation well. Plus I dont think they will fix the seepage issue. I dont think I will get KPE cards in the future due to waterblock selection, I still cant believe EVGA charges $300 for that low quality KPE block... had it in cart like twice, and could not pull the trigger.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/01 07:25:41 (permalink)
q437637
degenerate
After reading this thread boy am I ever glad I didn't order one of these blocks... what a shame... very poorly run company.

Well they have like 5 employees.. There are maybe like 10-20 people who got the KPE block and shared their experience on oc.net and here. 2 have external leak, but those were the early batches.
The "water vapor leaving o-ring issue", where water slowly builds up outside of the o-ring on the inside of backplate block over time possibly due to condensation, is definitely more wide spread. But the block is not leaking externally in this case, so its like an internal bleed. I would say like majority of people will experience this 2nd issue. If the block is not leaking external, and using clear liquid, it is really not an issue. But I gotta say optimus has not handled this situation well. Plus I dont think they will fix the seepage issue. I dont think I will get KPE cards in the future due to waterblock selection, I still cant believe EVGA charges $300 for that low quality KPE block... had it in cart like twice, and could not pull the trigger.

They have used the small company excuse for over two years now. I have personally told them to hire a CS team multiple times over the years, they refuse to listen. So yes they are a poorly run company and if it wasn’t for Daddy they would of likely folded by now.
I for one am sick and tired of their antics and will never buy another product from them for as long as I live. I’m sick of the black hole that is their CS.

DEJ915
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 544
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/01 18:25:48 (permalink)
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420
The only ones left. Caselabs was the original design that Lian Li copied/stole from.

What exact model of caselabs case did Lian Li steal form for the design?  The newer O11 series cases were all based off the older Lian Li O11 series cases.  Are you saying Lian Li stole Caselabs design 10 years ago for their old O11 line designs?

The Magnum line came out over 12 years ago, the Merlin line just over 10. Thermaltake was the ones who outright stole a design. I believe Lian Li copied more of what was working for Caselabs and put that into their designs. 

Caselabs wrapped up a few things into a nice preconfigured package from designs many cases have had over the years from 90s/00s cube cases to mountain mods/silverstone extension bays for rads.  The improved modular design over mountain mods is really what they had going for them over anything else.  O11 model still has too many compromises imo though.
post edited by DEJ915 - 2022/03/01 18:30:41
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 995
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/02 05:04:53 (permalink)
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420
The only ones left. Caselabs was the original design that Lian Li copied/stole from.

What exact model of caselabs case did Lian Li steal form for the design?  The newer O11 series cases were all based off the older Lian Li O11 series cases.  Are you saying Lian Li stole Caselabs design 10 years ago for their old O11 line designs?

The Magnum line came out over 12 years ago, the Merlin line just over 10. Thermaltake was the ones who outright stole a design. I believe Lian Li copied more of what was working for Caselabs and put that into their designs. 

You make all these vague claims without any details or specifics.  Some of what Caselabs incorporated into their cases was what case modders were doing for over a decade before Caselabs did it.  By your logic, Caselabs stole from various case modders who modified cases for their own use 20 years ago.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/02 05:17:07 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420

You make all these vague claims without any details or specifics.  Some of what Caselabs incorporated into their cases was what case modders were doing for over a decade before Caselabs did it.  By your logic, Caselabs stole from various case modders who modified cases for their own use 20 years ago.

What vague claims do you need details for? You can Google can’t you? Thermalfake outright stole a design but because they were so big Caselabs couldn’t sue and had to actually offer an apology which was one of the reasons which lead to their demise.

Anyways this is off topic so if you want to argue send me a PM otherwise let’s stay on topic.

bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/02 06:13:59 (permalink)
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420

What vague claims do you need details for? You can Google can’t you? Thermalfake outright stole a design but because they were so big Caselabs couldn’t sue and had to actually offer an apology which was one of the reasons which lead to their demise.

Anyways this is off topic so if you want to argue send me a PM otherwise let’s stay on topic.

You claim that Lian Li stole their design from Caselabs without providing specifics.  Yet Caselabs stole some of their design ideas from case modders who did the same custom mods to cases and custom cases before Caselabs put them in a production case. 

When called out for specifics you provide vague responses and tell me to use Google then take it to PMs which is a poor excuse for not having anything to backup your claims.  If you are going to accuse one company of stealing designs from another make sure they didn't steal their ideas from someone else first.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/02 06:18:44 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
ShawnB420

You claim that Lian Li stole their design from Caselabs without providing specifics.  Yet Caselabs stole some of their design ideas from case modders who did the same custom mods to cases and custom cases before Caselabs put them in a production case. 

When called out for specifics you provide vague responses and tell me to use Google then take it to PMs which is a poor excuse for not having anything to backup your claims.  If you are going to accuse one company of stealing designs from another make sure they didn't steal their ideas from someone else first.

Can you not read? I said they copied more then stole. It was Thermalfake that stole. As you obviously lack reading comprehension I’m done with this pointless argument. I told you if you wanted to keep arguing to take it private, of course you ignored that so I’m just going to ignore you.

Stay on topic

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30693
  • Ribbons : 123
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/02 06:28:43 (permalink)
the case IP / design ownership conversation is Off Topic

you can make your own Thread, in Hardware or PM both work

[Computer Hardware & Software]

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Jsunn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 204
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/03 07:27:51 (permalink)
OK, back on topic!  
Anyone have any updates, performance, leaks, etc? 
I am still probably months away from getting my block, but I think we need to see more pictures and also get more performance numbers! 
I would love for someone to do an assembly video on the GPU and block. I suck at editing, and video, and I think my voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
I don't know, maybe I will try and post one anyway. Anyone want to give me a KPE Optimus block so I can better help the community. Its really for you guys!  :-p

-J

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz 1.35v 
32Gb 3600MHz
Asus Maximus Formula XII 
EVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin
Watercool all the things
https://builds.gg/builds/...ustom-built-case-26023
AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/03 07:40:03 (permalink)
Jsunn
OK, back on topic!  
I am still probably months away from getting my block, but I think we need to see more pictures and also get more performance numbers! 
I would love for someone to do an assembly video on the GPU and block. I suck at editing, and video, and I think my voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
I don't know, maybe I will try and post one anyway. Anyone want to give me a KPE Optimus block so I can better help the community. Its really for you guys!  :-p

-J

https://i.imgur.com/vrDVS...mb&fidelity=medium
My build is slowly getting there.
post edited by AtozGlue - 2022/03/03 07:41:17
Jsunn
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/03 08:19:13 (permalink)
AtozGlue
https://i.imgur.com/vrDVS...mb&fidelity=medium
My build is slowly getting there.

Oh, you have a white one!
But did you paint a black one? How did you get the white on black?!
-J

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz 1.35v 
32Gb 3600MHz
Asus Maximus Formula XII 
EVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin
Watercool all the things
USMC1419
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/03 11:18:25 (permalink)
Just a heads up for anyone waiting... I ordered about 4 months ago, and I was recently told "July" for an estimate after much demanding for them to give me some semblance of an idea of wait times. 

Whatever I guess. At least I can use my system now as is. It sucks how misleading the estimates are, and still the product page says "5-6 weeks" which is ACTUALLY 6+ months. I almost replied "July of what year?", but I figured I would be an adult and bite my tongue.

Agree, the CS is horrendous as far as communication, it does seem they are willing to remedy issues caused by them once you get the product however (if you can reach them). I'll think twice before ordering again in the future, but I'm holding out for now to give this a go as it is the last piece I need, and I'm probably going to sit out the RTX 4xxx (if and when we ever see them due to shortages). No doubt the product is great, but a product is only as good as the entire experience.
post edited by USMC1419 - 2022/03/03 11:25:23

12900k @ 5.2 W/Optimus Sig V2
64GB DDR5 @ 5000
RTX 3090 K|NGP|N W/ Optimus WB
EVGA 1200w  Supernova G2
Sammy 980 Pro 2Tb
Predator 27" 1440p G-Sync IPS 165 hz
Resident "wise guy"
sorti
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/03 12:15:49 (permalink)
anyone have an update on most recent order shipped out? last i saw was low 300s
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/04 14:14:13 (permalink)
Jsunn

No leaks so far, but only a few hours of use. The GPU cooling performance is a few degrees better than the EKWB blocks with an active backplate(on a 450 Watt MSI 3090) at stock voltage based on GPU temperature alone with similar power limits(450 Watt) and clock speed. I have no way to measure VRAM temps on the MSI card to compare them without adding an aftermarket sensor to the card and wiring it up to the temp sensor on my fan controller.

Two Optimus 3090 KP blocks and an Optimus CPU block really stresses a single D5 in terms of flow rate when compared to the 3090 KP Hydro Copper blocks or a pair of EKWB blocks on other cards.  I don't have a lab accurate flow meter in my loop, so I can't provide exact numbers.  However it seems that I have to run my pump at a higher speed to provide the same CPU cooling with idle GPUs when compared to other blocks.  A single Optimus KP 3090 block and CPU block isn't as bad.  I noticed the biggest difference adding that second GPU.

I actually ended up buying the serial EK D5 pump set on sale last year thinking I might need it with all three Optimus blocks in one loop and I'm glad I did.

post edited by bavor - 2022/03/04 15:48:52
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/04 17:34:12 (permalink)
For a comparison of ambient cooling...

With the two 3090 KP cards in SLI/NVLink, the biggest Port Royal score difference I was able to get over the stock hybrid coolers and the Optimus blocks so far was about 700 points.  The scores were 29,945 vs 29,223.  That's with two radiators(360mm and 280mm) with the fans at 100% speed and a D5 pump at max speed cooling the KP 3090s only vs. the stock slim 360mm radiators in the stock hybrid cooling system on the KP 3090s set to "auto" in PX1.  The average clock speed with the Optimus blocks was a little less than 15 MHz higher than the stock hybrid coolers.

Almost 7 months and $1200 for 700 points improvement and less than 15 MHz average GPU speed difference.  Definitely worth the wait and money! LOL

I still have to do some sub ambient cooling tests.  Maybe the blocks will show better improvement there.
post edited by bavor - 2022/03/04 17:35:54
USMC1419
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/06 09:59:46 (permalink)
bavor

Two Optimus 3090 KP blocks and an Optimus CPU block really stresses a single D5 in terms of flow rate when compared to the 3090 KP Hydro Copper blocks or a pair of EKWB blocks on other cards.  I don't have a lab accurate flow meter in my loop, so I can't provide exact numbers.  However it seems that I have to run my pump at a higher speed to provide the same CPU cooling with idle GPUs when compared to other blocks.  A single Optimus KP 3090 block and CPU block isn't as bad.  I noticed the biggest difference adding that second GPU.

I actually ended up buying the serial EK D5 pump set on sale last year thinking I might need it with all three Optimus blocks in one loop and I'm glad I did.

I have one of Optimus' res/pump combo units that is SATA powered with their D5 pump. Thinking that is plenty for the Optimus KPE and sig v2? Running through 2 corsair 480 rads. Pump > GPU > Rad > cpu > rad > res/pump.

64GB DDR5 @ 5000
EVGA 1200w  Supernova G2
Sammy 980 Pro 2Tb
Resident "wise guy"
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/06 10:03:26 (permalink)
USMC1419
bavor

I have one of Optimus' res/pump combo units that is SATA powered with their D5 pump. Thinking that is plenty for the Optimus KPE and sig v2? Running through 2 corsair 480 rads. Pump > GPU > Rad > cpu > rad > res/pump.

I would think that would be fine with a single D5.  I had both in two individual loops with D5s and I didn't have to put up the D5s too much to keep the flow at a reasonable rate.  Do you have a flow meter in your loop to monitor?
Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 111
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/06 14:28:58 (permalink)
Going with a dual loop when I finally get my block. Figure it will be easier, for loop maintenance, and run a little quieter.
AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/07 13:58:24 (permalink)
Zen_Punk
Going with a dual loop when I finally get my block. Figure it will be easier, for loop maintenance, and run a little quieter.

What order number were you?
Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/07 14:44:19 (permalink)
It’s not on the way yet.
I have an email out to them asking for a timeframe, so I might get an answer sometime this month.
USMC1419
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 08:41:42 (permalink)
Zen_Punk
It’s not on the way yet.
I have an email out to them asking for a timeframe, so I might get an answer sometime this month.

64GB DDR5 @ 5000
EVGA 1200w  Supernova G2
Sammy 980 Pro 2Tb
Resident "wise guy"
Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 10:18:20 (permalink)
So they finally replied and said, “it’s scheduled to ship next month, thanks for hanging in there.”
USMC1419
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 10:59:31 (permalink)
Zen_Punk
So they finally replied and said, “it’s scheduled to ship next month, thanks for hanging in there.”

At least yours is soon. I got "several months". What was your order #?

64GB DDR5 @ 5000
EVGA 1200w  Supernova G2
Sammy 980 Pro 2Tb
Resident "wise guy"
sorti
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 10:59:35 (permalink)
Zen_Punk

When did you order?
Zen_Punk
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 12:04:48 (permalink)
USMC1419
Zen_Punk

Order 5496, ordered early August.
Jsunn
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 12:23:11 (permalink)
Is anyone tracking order numbers? Might be helpful?

Mine:
Placed: 9 Jan 2022
post edited by Jsunn - 2022/03/09 12:25:10

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz 1.35v 
32Gb 3600MHz
Asus Maximus Formula XII 
EVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin
Watercool all the things
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18114
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 12:26:31 (permalink)
Zen_Punk
USMC1419
Zen_Punk

Order 5496, ordered early August.

So 9 months to fulfill an order where you paid up front, assuming they actually send it out next month, which I doubt. That's disgusting. They should not be taking people's money until they get the order out the door, or at least have put it in production with maybe a week before it's sent out.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2238
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 12:52:47 (permalink)
I just order four of these blocks with the Matte Black Cerakote for the 3090's I just purchased.  I guess I can slow down and finish my builds this fall.  Just checked the website, as it still says 4-5 weeks for the ceramic finish blocks.  I also ordered some new fluid from a company called Go Chiller that I am going to try.  Maybe that will be here in time for the blocks to.  The items shipped but has a month shipping time coming from Australia.  I will be posting something about this fluid when I do a fluid refresh shortly.

fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 14:18:56 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
... 4-5 weeks for the ceramic finish blocks.  ...

I highly doubt that based on their current performance.  Fall might even be pushing it.  As far as I know they still have not resolved their issues with the backplate gasket (held up in production).
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/03/09 21:47:31 (permalink)
I tried to beat my Port Royal scores I achieved with the Kingpin 3090s  and Hydro Copper blocks using my new Optimus blocks.  I couldn't beat my previous scores.  With 1C chilled water, the Optimus blocks were only 7-8C cooler(max difference) than the Hydro Copper blocks.  The 8C Max lower temperature didn't allow me to sustain a higher boost clock long enough to make a difference.  I could get the GPU temps down to 1-2C before each benchmark run, but they would hit 19-20C and stay there even with dual(serial) D5 pumps to ensure adequate flow.  With the Hydro Copper blocks I could also get the GPUs down to 1-2C before the benchmark, but their peak temperature was about 27C.  I was really hoping to sustain at least 15 MHz higher clock speeds through the benchmark run with the Optimus blocks.

I think that maybe the limit is the voltage that you can safely run without getting the GPUs much colder.  In the past, Vince said a max of 1.2v for NVVDD and MSVDD even at 0C.  I also tried voltages lower than 1.2v, but that didn't help temperatures or with sustaining clock speeds.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 37 of 55
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile