OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 27 of 55
Author
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/26 21:41:53 (permalink)
ShawnB420
bavor
Maverickyao
MuddyPaws73
Any comments about how the Optimus block performs compared to stock or Hydro Copper?

I would suggest you getting in the EVGA queue for hydro copper kit if you haven't placed a preorder for the optimus one at some point last year. The gain in cooling is not worth the wait or the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

There is no Queue for the Hydro Copper waterblock.  You can sign up to be notified when its in stock, however there is no longer a queue for that specific part.  
I signed up to be notified and by the time I received the email, they were sold out.

Can always buy one via third party

The average 3rd party price is $600.  No thanks.  My experience with the Hydro Copper blocks shows they are worth about $130.  They have the same build quality as the $130 GPU blocks on Amazon and Ali Express.
AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 00:54:45 (permalink)
Haven them shipped you a block not plated. And go get it plated yourself. If they would allow that.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 01:04:26 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
Maverickyao
MuddyPaws73
Any comments about how the Optimus block performs compared to stock or Hydro Copper?

I would suggest you getting in the EVGA queue for hydro copper kit if you haven't placed a preorder for the optimus one at some point last year. The gain in cooling is not worth the wait or the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

There is no Queue for the Hydro Copper waterblock.  You can sign up to be notified when its in stock, however there is no longer a queue for that specific part.  
I signed up to be notified and by the time I received the email, they were sold out.

The average 3rd party price is $600.  No thanks.  My experience with the Hydro Copper blocks shows they are worth about $130.  They have the same build quality as the $130 GPU blocks on Amazon and Ali Express.

PM Sent. 
post edited by ShawnB420 - 2022/01/27 08:17:04

OCF4n
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 09:37:16 (permalink)
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
Maverickyao
MuddyPaws73

Yeah, I saw that too. You basically pay the same price for an inferior block lol. And that's just NA in Europe where I live they are nowhere available. So for me the only choice is the Optimus block.
OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 09:42:12 (permalink)
What about the RAW Copper Coldplate finish? I read they are in the making because somebody here received one.. but on the website it's still says TBD? Any infos about that?
post edited by OCF4n - 2022/01/27 09:47:49
redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 10:17:41 (permalink)
Where do I find a kingpin block on Amazon or Ali express for $130?

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 10:22:47 (permalink)
redteamgo

You don't.  I think bavor was just stating that the HC blocks are not worth what they cost performance-wise and have similar performance to to the lower-priced blocks for other GPUs of the temperature deltas they'll provide.  

Bykski made a block for the 2080 Ti KPE, but didn't do anything for 30-series.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 10:23:42 (permalink)
OCF4n
bavor
ShawnB420
bavor
Maverickyao
MuddyPaws73

Yeah, I saw that too. You basically pay the same price for an inferior block lol. And that's just NA in Europe where I live they are nowhere available. So for me the only choice is the Optimus block.

As I mentioned not everyone is asking scalper prices, some are willing to take what the paid for. The Optimus block is by far superior, just enjoy a very very long wait for one. 

redteamgo
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 10:45:35 (permalink)
fragility_V1
redteamgo

You don't.  I think bavor was just stating that the HC blocks are not worth what they cost performance-wise and have similar performance to to the lower-priced blocks for other GPUs of the temperature deltas they'll provide.  

I gotcha ok, makes sense. The HC block is good but not amazing. Definitely better than the hybrid by a significant margin though. Just saying but if the block is $150 in materials, $300 retail is not a crazy price. Have a good one

MOD Rigs!!!
Maverickyao
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 11:21:53 (permalink)
redteamgo
fragility_V1
redteamgo

I gotcha ok, makes sense. The HC block is good but not amazing. Definitely better than the hybrid by a significant margin though. Just saying but if the block is $150 in materials, $300 retail is not a crazy price. Have a good one

I would say HC is on the same level as the block EKWB make. It's about 100 dollar overpriced.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 11:28:49 (permalink)
The Hydrocopper has never been nor ever will be the best option, unless it's the only option. 

Jsunn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 204
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 11:56:31 (permalink)
Has anyone heard back from Optimus about changing their order to the Black finish? 
I replied to their mass email, but haven't heard back yet. 

I'd rather have the black block, than none at all. I will reach out to them next week if they haven't replied to my email. 

-J

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz 1.35v 
32Gb 3600MHz
Asus Maximus Formula XII 
EVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin
Watercool all the things
https://builds.gg/builds/...ustom-built-case-26023
sorti
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 11:58:45 (permalink)
jaredbyoung

Optimus Water Cooling
Hello,
We really apologize for the delays in getting your product out! One of the challenges of starting a new process like ceramic Cerakoting is unknown issues that can appear once we go to larger scale production. Unfortunately, white and nickel ceramic finishes have had unexpected problems that have dramatically increased the time it takes to make them which, of course, has delayed every other product that is also painted.
In order to expedite deliveries, we're putting white ceramic and nickel ceramic on hold and giving the option to move to black ceramic finish for your GPU block. Or, of course, we can refund your order. For other products, black, nickel and silver will still be available, white however is on hold for all products.
Again, we're really sorry about the delays and the issues that this causes! Behind the scenes, we've spent a good deal of time and effort to try and resolve these painting challenges, but at this stage, based on feedback from customers, the best option is to focus on shipping black blocks faster and then improving the other colors separately so production is no longer held up.
Please let us know if moving to a black block works for you or if you have any questions.

When did they send you this message? Last week they sent me this message:

"We are pretty backed up on KPEs right now.  We are a couple of months out, at this point.
That being said, we are actively working on speeding up production.  So, I'm hoping we are able to ship sooner."

I am hoping that my message was before they decided to switch to just black blocks and yours was after, so hopefully we're on the "sooner" timeline.  
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 12:24:58 (permalink)
Jsunn
Has anyone heard back from Optimus about changing their order to the Black finish? 

I'd rather have the black block, than none at all. I will reach out to them next week if they haven't replied to my email. 

-J

I think you'll be happy with the black finish.  Having purchased and received the silver (tried to match the unfinished silver they used to have for the signature block), I kind of regret my choice and probably would have gone black.  (And purchased a new black signature block to match)
alpharius194
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 165
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 13:47:45 (permalink)
OCF4n
What about the RAW Copper Coldplate finish? I read they are in the making because somebody here received one.. but on the website it's still says TBD? Any infos about that?

I have it with the black finish, it arrived at the office yesterday. will not be installing it today but will be opening the box when i get home to check it out because I was not at that office yesterday. I would assume they'll start to trickle out now.
Jsunn
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 13:49:50 (permalink)
alpharius194
OCF4n

I have it with the black finish, it arrived at the office yesterday. will not be installing it today but will be opening the box when i get home to check it out because I was not at that office yesterday. I would assume they'll start to trickle out now.

Post pictures!

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz 1.35v 
32Gb 3600MHz
Asus Maximus Formula XII 
EVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin
Watercool all the things
OCF4n
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 15:20:59 (permalink)
Yes, thank you! That's the confirmation i needed. I didn't preorder unfortunately. So it will be a very long time to wait for me now i guess lol. But hey atleast it's good to know that they are actually making the RAW Copper finish now ^^.
jaredbyoung
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 17:23:06 (permalink)
sorti
jaredbyoung

Optimus Water Cooling
Hello,
We really apologize for the delays in getting your product out! One of the challenges of starting a new process like ceramic Cerakoting is unknown issues that can appear once we go to larger scale production. Unfortunately, white and nickel ceramic finishes have had unexpected problems that have dramatically increased the time it takes to make them which, of course, has delayed every other product that is also painted.
In order to expedite deliveries, we're putting white ceramic and nickel ceramic on hold and giving the option to move to black ceramic finish for your GPU block. Or, of course, we can refund your order. For other products, black, nickel and silver will still be available, white however is on hold for all products.
Again, we're really sorry about the delays and the issues that this causes! Behind the scenes, we've spent a good deal of time and effort to try and resolve these painting challenges, but at this stage, based on feedback from customers, the best option is to focus on shipping black blocks faster and then improving the other colors separately so production is no longer held up.
Please let us know if moving to a black block works for you or if you have any questions.

When did they send you this message? Last week they sent me this message:

"We are pretty backed up on KPEs right now.  We are a couple of months out, at this point.
That being said, we are actively working on speeding up production.  So, I'm hoping we are able to ship sooner."

I am hoping that my message was before they decided to switch to just black blocks and yours was after, so hopefully we're on the "sooner" timeline.  

I posted that to the forum a few hours after I got it. So it is after your email.
Jsunn
Superclocked Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 18:05:47 (permalink)
fragility_V1
Jsunn

-J

I think you'll be happy with the black finish.  Having purchased and received the silver (tried to match the unfinished silver they used to have for the signature block), I kind of regret my choice and probably would have gone black.  (And purchased a new black signature block to match)

Thanks, I think you are right, black would probably go better with my build than the silver. 
I sent them an email tonight asking when my change to black would be confirmed and what the projected lead time will be for my block. I don't mind waiting, I have used there CPU and GPU blocks in the past so I think the performance is worth it.
Fingers crossed.

-J 

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHz 1.35v 
32Gb 3600MHz
Asus Maximus Formula XII 
EVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin
Watercool all the things
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 21:24:45 (permalink)
fragility_V1
Jsunn

-J

The new black signature looks amazing. The unfished silver look was nice but this black is even better. Can also just buy a new top if you're looking to go with the black instead of a whole new block

Carol1134
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 21:47:22 (permalink)
Jsunn

-J

I haven't heard back from them since I asked them to change to black 3 days ago.
But I received shipping notification today,and the order detail still showed matte white.
I like both white and black,but white is more attractive to me.Can't wait to see which block they sent to me.
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 22:11:37 (permalink)
redteamgo

I think you misread that.  The build quality, design, and workmanship of the KP 3090 Hydro Copper block is the same as the $130 GPU water blocks you get from Ali Express or Amazon.  To be honest, the $130 water blocks leak less than my KP Hydro Copper blocks did, especially with chilled coolant.
AtozGlue
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/27 22:43:11 (permalink)
I got the mass email. I requested if they can send me the block raw copper without the coating.
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 05:15:56 (permalink)
Anyone get their Optimus KP blocks vertical mounted in an O11 XL case?  I tried to get it in, but the routing of the power wires, or the placement of the block with a medium thickness bottom rad was a real pain.  

After a day of trying a way to get it in vertically I gave up and mounted it horizontal.  I have the lian li anti sag bracket in to help support the weight along with two post type braces as well.  The routing of the tubes also had to change from my 3090 build due to the active backplate and the dedicated in/out ports.  

The build looks solid, but I added a bunch of other things I wanted to do like swapping out my NVME drives for faster high speed gen 4 units, removal of the strimmer cables to max out power capabilities, 

I also had to chase a leak.  I made some new tubes but had a faulty snake type fitting which I had a hard time isolating.  But in the end, I like the look of the pc.  Wish I could have gotten the vertical mount to work, but oh well.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
ShawnB420
iCX Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 06:33:09 (permalink)
Gotspeed_2000
Anyone get their Optimus KP blocks vertical mounted in an O11 XL case?  I tried to get it in, but the routing of the power wires, or the placement of the block with a medium thickness bottom rad was a real pain.  

After a day of trying a way to get it in vertically I gave up and mounted it horizontal.  I have the lian li anti sag bracket in to help support the weight along with two post type braces as well.  The routing of the tubes also had to change from my 3090 build due to the active backplate and the dedicated in/out ports.  

The build looks solid, but I added a bunch of other things I wanted to do like swapping out my NVME drives for faster high speed gen 4 units, removal of the strimmer cables to max out power capabilities, 

I also had to chase a leak.  I made some new tubes but had a faulty snake type fitting which I had a hard time isolating.  But in the end, I like the look of the pc.  Wish I could have gotten the vertical mount to work, but oh well.  

May need to try different mounts. I’m hopeful I can get one I found off Alliexpress to work. I’ll drain and try it next week when I get my Extreme back from RMA.
The block is so thick that it’s a tight fit to access the backside ports.

redteamgo
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 06:57:11 (permalink)
bavor
redteamgo

I think you misread that.  The build quality, design, and workmanship of the KP 3090 Hydro Copper block is the same as the $130 GPU water blocks you get from Ali Express or Amazon.  To be honest, the $130 water blocks leak less than my KP Hydro Copper blocks did, especially with chilled coolant.

Point is that there is no $130 block to fit the 3090 KP.  It doesn't exist.  Its a shame your HC block had problems but comparing things that exist to things that don't exist at a hypothetical price point is too silly for me to entertain.

MOD Rigs!!!
bavor
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 07:25:28 (permalink)
redteamgo
bavor
redteamgo

Point is that there is no $130 block to fit the 3090 KP.  It doesn't exist.  Its a shame your HC block had problems but comparing things that exist to things that don't exist at a hypothetical price point is too silly for me to entertain.

The point is TWO Kingpin Hydro Copper blocks had those problems.  The point is the Hydro Copper block is for an card designed for overclocking and both blocks started leaking when used with chilled coolant at 10-15C because the metal and acrylic expand and contract at different rates.  The point is that the Hydro Copper block is designed in such a way that you can't fix the leaks without removing some parts that EVGA told some HC block owners would void the warranty of the block.  The point is the build quality is so awful on the Hydro Copper blocks that one had a screw that holds the terminal in place that wasn't tightened properly at the factory so that block leaked and the other one had a screw that was tightened so hard at the factory that it damaged the acrylic to the point that the threads were stripped and the screw couldn't be tightened properly to prevent leaking.  The point is the issues that I had with TWO hydro copper blocks are the kind of issues you expect with the $130 water blocks you find on Ali Express and Amazon.  The point is the two EK GPU blocks I have(One that was $119.99) work fine with chilled coolant at 0C to -15C and the two Hydro Copper blocks I had don't work properly with chilled coolant below 10C-15C.

You seriously can't grasp that the Hydro Copper blocks have the same build quality as the low end Bykski water blocks?  You find that concept too silly to entertain?  Who cares if there isn't a $130 KP 3090 water block.  You get that $130 water block experience with EVGA $300 block already!
redteamgo
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 07:45:32 (permalink)
bavor
redteamgo
bavor
redteamgo

The point is TWO Kingpin Hydro Copper blocks had those problems.  The point is the Hydro Copper block is for an card designed for overclocking and both blocks started leaking when used with chilled coolant at 10-15C because the metal and acrylic expand and contract at different rates.  The point is that the Hydro Copper block is designed in such a way that you can't fix the leaks without removing some parts that EVGA told some HC block owners would void the warranty of the block.  The point is the build quality is so awful on the Hydro Copper blocks that one had a screw that holds the terminal in place that wasn't tightened properly at the factory so that block leaked and the other one had a screw that was tightened so hard at the factory that it damaged the acrylic to the point that the threads were stripped and the screw couldn't be tightened properly to prevent leaking.  The point is the issues that I had with TWO hydro copper blocks are the kind of issues you expect with the $130 water blocks you find on Ali Express and Amazon.  The point is the two EK GPU blocks I have(One that was $119.99) work fine with chilled coolant at 0C to -15C and the two Hydro Copper blocks I had don't work properly with chilled coolant below 10C-15C.

You seriously can't grasp that the Hydro Copper blocks have the same build quality as the low end Bykski water blocks?  You find that concept too silly to entertain?  Who cares if there isn't a $130 KP 3090 water block.  You get that $130 water block experience with EVGA $300 block already!

here is what we will do.  go buy your imaginary KP 3090 block.  afterwards, i will take everyone in this thread (even you) to dinner for steaks in imagination land so we can admire the advantages of your imaginary bloc vs the HC block.  then when the check comes, I'm going to loudly complain about how I could have cooked a steak at home for 1/3rd of the cost and embarrass you all.

MOD Rigs!!!
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 07:48:37 (permalink)

zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: OPTIMUS SIGNATURE GPU BLOCK - KINGPIN 3090 2022/01/28 07:49:11 (permalink)
that's interesting, i bet if you asked them if their water blocks are rated for sub ambient their answer would be informative. how do you insulate your cards for sub ambient chiller? 
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 27 of 55
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile