EVGA

Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Author
charlesborner
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 286
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/13 23:00:01 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
So I downloaded Window from the flashdrive I purchased. 

Dumb question.  Did you install by creating a Microsoft account?
Or did you create an offline, local Windows account?
Honestly, I recommend the latter.
The former leaks WAYYYY too much private data.

The issues:

1. I connected an ethernet cable to the computer and it wasn't recognized.  It had a green occasional flashing light, but my router showed orange [should be white if working].  I'm unable to get internet connection.  Troubleshooting says, "The Intel(R) Ethernet Controller 1225-V adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.  It was unable to fix it. 

You may need to reinstall the NIC drivers.

2. I am only seeing the 1TB drive in File Explorer in the C drive spot [and it only shows the 1TB].  When I check properties and on the Hardware Tab, I can see both drives and the second shows that it is the 2TB drive.  Am I supposed go to its Properties and click the Update Driver button?

You have to initialize and format the second drive.

A: Start Menu --> Type in COMPUTER MANAGEMENT and open it up.
B: Under Storage --> Disk Management  Let it populate and you should get a screen to initialize the second drive.  From there you can partition, format and assign a drive letter.  Once you do that, it'll show up in Windows Explorer.

3. Not sure why, because this board is supposed to come with Realtek sound, but it isn't showing up. 

You likely have to install the NIC drivers.

4. The number pad on my keyboard isn't working.

Click NUM LOCK once.  That should get that working.
There may be a setting in BIOS to turn on NUM LOCK at boot.

5. I'm unable to change the resolution on my monitor.  That function is greyed out.  And the whole screen icons are big. 

You likely need to install the video drivers, because you're working off basic VGA drivers at the moment.

Are these all "need drivers installed" type of things, or is there something else I missed in BIOS?  I'm not sure why the ethernet ports aren't working. 

Most of it looks like it just needs driver installs.

I'm beginning to see why people just have something built for them or get a pre-built.  :-/

The first time is always the worst and most confusing.
Don't worry about it.  You'll get things dialed in.
YES, I know you'd prefer it all just "be done" and "NOW!".
A bit of patience and you'll get there.

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 271
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/14 16:25:16 (permalink)
So, I am typing this on my new machine. 

I have both drives working.  I have internet working [obviously].  I have the Realtek working.  My screens are both connected to DisplayPorts.  In other words,....I've been doing drivers for quite awhile. 

I do have a few other questions I wasn't sure about.  Do I need to do the following?
1. Serial IO Driver
2. Configure RAID for the NVMe drives

One last thing.  About the EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra.  The fans will turn on when they need to, right?  If not, they'll be off?
post edited by RAVENEVGA - 2022/06/14 16:56:09

Windows 11 Pro
> Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.10 6/21/2022)
> CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K
> Video Card: EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
> Cooling: Noctua NH-U12A
> Physical Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5, 32 GB [2x16GB], 5600MhHz
> Drives: 980 Pro 1TB [main], 980 Pro 2TB, 990 Pro 2TB
> Physical Memory Model#: CMT32GX5M2B5600C36W
> Main Monitor: LG UHD 4K 32" [Model:32UN500-W.AUS]
> Second Monitor: Samsung C27F591 [Model:LC27F591FDN]

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2366
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/14 18:00:03 (permalink)
Congrats! That's great!

1. That depends on what you plug in. That's a communication driver for things like micro controllers (like a raspberry pi or beagle bone or something).
2. Probably not.

Your video card has a switch next to the power connectors for the VBIOS. On "Normal" the fans are off until the gpu temp is over 60°C I think. On "OC" position, the fans are always on at least a little and will ramp up more than when the switch is in the "Normal" position. You can install Precision X1 from that section of the forums if you want to adjust the fan profile, your RGB lighting settings, or your clock speed and power settings. Here's the precision x1 link: https://www.evga.com/precisionx1/
post edited by B0baganoosh - 2022/06/14 18:02:33

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/14 19:07:04 (permalink)
I will definitely look at that link for the Precision X1! 

I don't know what the raspberry pi or beagle bone are, so I guess I probably don't need to download Serial IO Driver.

So, I play games with my sister's kids....going over to their house on the weekends.  It was my nephew who got me to get this new machine.  Anyway, they recently got into Fortnite [yeah...I know], and because I'm the fun family member, I got Fortnite as well.  I went ahead and installed it on this computer.  Played it with my nephew and niece for about 1 1/2 hours and the CPU readout [on the motherboard] was in the low 50's.  I don't have the software to know what the GPU temp was, but the fans did come on,...and very shortly after I left the game, the fans turned off.  So I suppose that means the cooling is working well on this GPU.

Windows 11 Pro
> Physical Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5, 32 GB [2x16GB], 5600MhHz

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 599
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/15 02:16:00 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I will definitely look at that link for the Precision X1! 

I don't know what the raspberry pi or beagle bone are, so I guess I probably don't need to download Serial IO Driver.

So, I play games with my sister's kids....going over to their house on the weekends.  It was my nephew who got me to get this new machine.  Anyway, they recently got into Fortnite [yeah...I know], and because I'm the fun family member, I got Fortnite as well.  I went ahead and installed it on this computer.  Played it with my nephew and niece for about 1 1/2 hours and the CPU readout [on the motherboard] was in the low 50's.  I don't have the software to know what the GPU temp was, but the fans did come on,...and very shortly after I left the game, the fans turned off.  So I suppose that means the cooling is working well on this GPU.

There's just one thing to say, w00t!!!

Congtratz!!!

I was hoping yesterday, that by today you would have had success with updating your Chip-set Drivers and therefortnite lol it would be time to inform you about the following...

Everything Windows 11 wise can be discovered at: https://www.elevenforum.com/

And especially check out ElevenForum.com's Tutorials section https://www.elevenforum.com/tutorials/ . I've stuck mostly to the Tutorials on their sites for Windows Vista, Seven, and Ten. Windows and a lot of all around help, is top notch on the sites they have.  

I've never found the need to post there, I'll just read whatever I need to know.

After Windows 11's "DirectStorage" is perfected, I'll bee getting three M.2 drives and then start Duel Booting Windows 10 and 11 on my PC. So keep us up here on ur progress. By that time I may have questions to ask you. 

GL

PS the number readout on ur Motherboard's LED in Windows, i believe is the "CPU Package". 

I suggest Mastering a very useful utility called "HWInfo64".

See how my "CPU Package" is warmer than "CPU Core":
https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEB7YLU

But most importantly is that the "HWInfo64" utility shows all the information u could ever want to know temperature-wise. And tons in addition.

Consider purchasing a very inexpensive 3rd LCD just to have it displayed on it all the time. It's easy to have it start automatically when Windows starts. The thing I appreciate most about HWInfo64 is it showing the Current, Minimum, Maximum and Average Temperatures.

The 1st three Youtube search results -- I reviewed start of each -- explaining it, seem perfectly fine for getting to learn it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIyb-AjwqLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyoHEwBKzms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WRemsHH-OA

"HWInfo64" Home Page:

https://www.hwinfo.com/

Download "HWInfo64 v7.24 Installer" from:
https://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html?dwl=hwi_724.exe

PSS
And a very good practice for a Gaming PC is to Shut Down when it is not in use.

Don't use Sleep Mode ever.

It was never explained why to always shut down when I spoke to EVGA on their phone support (because i had so many other questions at the time that it was suggested to always shut down), but it is Logical if u ask me. A simple PC can go to sleep mode NP, but an expensive Gaming PC starts very fast anyway compared to an average everyday Internet Surfing PC, so there's no need to save a few seconds.

But maybe remember to monitor temperatures and don't just Shut Down instantly after playing games for several hours. Wait a minuet and see that temperatures are down to normal and then shut down. Note: HWInfo64 shows all Temperatures. So i usually make sure my CPU and Video Card's Temperatures are also normal before shutting down. Only takes a minuet or less.

Note: When I mentioned "TjMAX" in an earlier post it was so I'd remember/ suggest u google it. But maybe focus on "Intel" too. lol Search, "TjMAX Intel".

Like:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005597/processors.html

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/15 04:11:38

> PSU: Seasonic VERTEX GX-1200
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03 12/3/2021)
> CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
> AIO: EVGA CLC 240mm
> Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
> Physical Memory Model#: F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5S
> Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
> Video Card: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
> Case: Cooler Master HAF X (942)
> DAS: Sabrent DS-SC5B

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/15 16:56:09 (permalink)
I've got this thing mostly set up. 

I do have one thing that I'm uncertain about.  When I start the PC up, I do get 4 beeps.  Still comes up and appears to run normal.

One other thing.  You mentioned "always shutting down when done".  I do that.   But one thing is that the RGB on the motherboard and the 9 white LED lights stay on after I shut down.  Is there a function that turns these off?  Or should I just flip the switch on the back of the PSU?

Windows 11 Pro

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/15 17:01:33 (permalink)
I think you're stuck with the LEDs as I've seen others complain too.

Usually the beeps on startup are just indication of how many USB devices you have plugged in (if it sounds like Morse code or something lol), and there's a setting in the boot tab (in BIOS) called startup beeps or something that you can turn off.
post edited by B0baganoosh - 2022/06/15 20:20:49

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/15 20:16:01 (permalink)
I suppose it doesn't hurt anything to have the LEDs on.....but like I can dim the RGB on my GPU, I wonder if there is something like that for the motherboard?   Does it technically hurt anything to switch the whole thing off at the PSU after you shut down for the night?

Oh well, thanks for the reply.  :-)

Oh,....I needing to ask about PWM fan mode.  I have my case fans set up as PWM.  What is directing the fan speeds in that mode?  I'm seeing the CPU at around 30c, but the fans are turning ~1400 RPM.  I would think that they would be running slower than that. 
Fans are hooked into the SYS_FAN header. 
post edited by RAVENEVGA - 2022/06/15 20:29:43

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/16 03:24:54 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I suppose it doesn't hurt anything to have the LEDs on.....but like I can dim the RGB on my GPU, I wonder if there is something like that for the motherboard?   Does it technically hurt anything to switch the whole thing off at the PSU after you shut down for the night?

Oh,....I needing to ask about PWM fan mode.  I have my case fans set up as PWM.  What is directing the fan speeds in that mode?  I'm seeing the CPU at around 30c, but the fans are turning ~1400 RPM.  I would think that they would be running slower than that. 

i like the LED on after shutting down. But my initially feelings were like everyone.

the reason i like them on is that when i return to the PC, seeing the LEDs on simply tells me that everything is fine as far as my PSU and electricity goes and i get the feeling that it's time to fire up this bad blank machine. lol

good to know about the beeps. (TY B0baganoosh!) Because i ran for a number of months without my DAS, but after finally adding it a few weeks ago i got additional Beeps. Now i can count the beeps and divide by the two additional drives in the DAS. Plus subtract and know that before adding it wat the number of Beeps were. Sounds funny but hey, i like knowing things and why things are the way they are.

But i like the Beeps. Gotten use to them. i remember when PCs could only Beep. lol and this bad blanker Beeps are wicked (good). lol

don't flip the switch on the back of PSU just to get rid of white LEDs when it's off.

remember that seeing them when u 1st see the PC everyday when it's off, is cool because to me it's a kind of diagnostic thing. maybe the most minute of one, but still, they are telling u before starting and after shutting down (IMHO) everything is like ready.

And imagine the reverse were true. Imagine all PCs had always had this characteristic. And then one day after building a PC ppl started bringing up: "Everything if fine and dandy, but this MOBO is the 1st one i've ever experienced not having white LEDs on after i shut down". lol

The PWM fan mode... Fans in general...

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A

If ur only using fans included with two items ^^, then u just need to use manual for case and CPU Cooler or whatever resources, then confirm the Fan Headers. (combined with the info in MOBO Manual.)

They have 4-pin or just 3-pin Headers.

So, searching, "4-pin 3-pin Fan Headers" will result in a plethora of help resolving permutations.

Luckily, this MOBO has a great ability for any fan connector to be changed to the type you prefer.

If another User running the z690 Classified also has a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL Case -- a Noctua NH-U12A CPU Cooler too -- is asking too much i believe JK -- then u could avoid learning everything.

But if not, learning it all isn't at all a bad thing. 

From my "4-pin 3-pin Fan Headers" search results maybe the following is a good start:

https://www.onecomputerguy.com/3-pin-vs-4-pin-fan

But maybe a "4-pin 3-pin Fan Headers" on Youtube is an equally good idea.

OK the 1st 13 secs in the following sound good -- his geek score's is 10 lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XlU7V7BgUo

Just remember MOBOs didn't always have the luxury of "...supports both 4-pin PWM fans and 3-pin DC fans." 

Let alone "...eight 4-pin fan headers...."

^^ Page -88- of manual hint hint.

Yep, we are spoiled RAVENEVGA. SPOILED!!! i tell u. lol (24 years as a PC tech... this MOBO RULES! LUV EVGA!)

coffee-breaking-out
GL RAVENEVGA
Keep on reporting ur progress. It helps u and others reading wat u post.

Edit:
The 1st 1:29 of the following is awesome. (i luv details and professionalism.) i'm guessing the entire vid is well worth watching. (but for now my coffee is waiting.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLgBLWKlfdQ

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/16 03:35:24

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/16 06:34:37 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA

If you install the E-LEET software, found here, you can adjust your LED settings for the motherboard. There just isn't an option to have it turn off the LEDs when the power is off as far as I know.

As for your PWM settings, here's an example (this is from z590, but the options for fan control should be about the same):

You don't need to copy my specific settings here, but when you're in the hardware monitoring screen that lets you set PWM modes and stuff, you can click the button under each fan header for "SMART Fan Settings" and it will bring up a screen that looks like this. This is where you can set your fan curve.

So if you were in SYS_FAN, you could set your default speed around 40% for example (with PWM fans, their turn-on is sometimes around 30-40%...so if you set below that, they may just spin anyway, or they may shut off...it depends on the fan).

As for your settings, you can set your case fans to a few different sensors, including CPU and VRM, but the heat-sink on your VRM is very good so that likely won't get warm enough to do a good job with fan control anyway so "[Temp.] CPU" is probably your best bet. You will want to set your minimum at a point where your GPU is actually still getting enough airflow to keep itself cool even if your CPU isn't working hard and triggering the case fans to crank up. That sometimes takes a little trial and error playing games to figure out if you need to turn them up or not. So you might end up with something that looks like:
Default: 40%
L1 Temp: 45
L1 Speed: 50% 
L2 Temp: 55
L2 Speed: 60%
L3 Temp: 75
L3 Speed: 80%
L4 Temp: 85
L4 Temp: 100%

That's pretty aggressive, but I'm the kind of person that if things get hot, I want my fans to ramp up and give it hell. You might find that even at 40% fan speed things do a pretty good job cooling, so this might be good for your CPU_FAN settings, but your case fans can be turned down quite a bit, especially if they're loud and don't need to run so hard to keep things cool (like same temps at each level, but L1: 45%, L2: 50%, L3: 60%, L4: 70%...if your airflow is great and temps are good, you might be able to go even lower on %'s too). This is always a trial and error. You try some settings, play some games or run some benchmarks and watch temperatures to see if you need to adjust things.

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/16 14:37:25 (permalink)
Thanks again guys.  I just booted up the computer and all the case fans are around 940 RPM.   That's good.  CPU is currently 29c.  GPU is at 44c. 

Updated to add:  Clicked the link for EVGA ELEET X1 and installed it......but when I tried to run it,...a pop up said "Ring0 is not open", and an "OK" button.
post edited by RAVENEVGA - 2022/06/16 15:00:27

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/17 02:21:40 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Thanks again guys.  I just booted up the computer and all the case fans are around 940 RPM.   That's good.  CPU is currently 29c.  GPU is at 44c. 

Updated to add:  Clicked the link for EVGA ELEET X1 and installed it......but when I tried to run it,...a pop up said "Ring0 is not open", and an "OK" button.

Congratz on Fans.

Using HWiNFO64 yet?

i had the same prob yesterday with EVGA EleetX1_1.0.12.0.

searched for a solution. found out it is a common prob with EVGA EleetX1. the solution may be simple.

--Install EVGA EleetX1_1.0.12.0 "as Administrator"
--Restart PC
--Open EVGA ELEET X1
--If it says there is a new version and asks do u want to update say Yes.

^^worked for me installing EVGA EleetX1_1.0.10.0. (i installed it last February but didn't need it and uninstalled it.) It updated me to i think v1.0.013.0. So running 1.0.12.0 should also result in the program updating to 1.0.13.0.

But i uninstalled 1.0.13.0 because there wasn't any need for me to keep it installed.

Another solution has to do with the Registry, but i'd advice against it; because u should never touch the Registry until u have more experience. To be more specific, u need Backup/ Restore experience. Ur smart enough. But i wouldn't advise messing with the Registry.

GL

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/17 02:27:51

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/17 03:33:37 (permalink)
I've had that error if I already have Precision X1 open. You may have to close that first, then open ELeet.

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/17 05:06:20 (permalink)
I haven't installed HWiNFO64 yet.  I was doing other things....like downloading a controller for my Corsair Dominator memory sticks, to tame the brightness down.  But in the middle of doing so,....using Firefox,....my Firefox stopped working.  Nothing I placed in the search bar did anything.  It was just a blank screen.  I would close it, and when I attempted to open Firefox again, it said that it was already running and either restore or cancel [something like that].  But restoring didn't fix it.   I uninstalled it, and reinstalled, but still didn't fix the problem.  That was last night.  This morning, I checked it again,....nothing.  I uninstalled it again and just shutdown [had to get to work....where I'm quickly saying this on company computer, so this is it for today].

Oh,...the internet was connected.  Edge worked just fine.

Anyway, I'll check out that Precision X1 issues tomorrow.

Yeah,....I have no desire to mess in the registry!!  hehe

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/17 06:24:31 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I haven't installed HWiNFO64 yet.  I was doing other things....like downloading a controller for my Corsair Dominator memory sticks, to tame the brightness down.  But in the middle of doing so,....using Firefox,....my Firefox stopped working.  Nothing I placed in the search bar did anything.  It was just a blank screen.  I would close it, and when I attempted to open Firefox again, it said that it was already running and either restore or cancel [something like that].  But restoring didn't fix it.   I uninstalled it, and reinstalled, but still didn't fix the problem.  That was last night.  This morning, I checked it again,....nothing.  I uninstalled it again and just shutdown [had to get to work....where I'm quickly saying this on company computer, so this is it for today].

make sure u have FireFox 101.0.1 (64-bit) or close to it...

Here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/101.0.1/releasenotes/

^^ scroll to the bottom click on "Download FireFox".

i've thought for quite awhile that rather than searching with google, searching at "DuckDuckGo" was excellent advice. https://duckduckgo.com/ 

lately there were a few stories on Hardware sites saying it's may be reporting info to Bing; but "DuckDuckGo" is still a lot better than using google, because the "may be reporting to Bing some stuff", is the only blemish. Compared to everything Google gathers about u, it's nothing. But they deserve a smack on the hand. BAD DuckDuckGo! ... but i still use them for all searching.

Before "DuckDuckGo" i used the Website "DogPile" https://www.dogpile.com/ for searching internet.

And there's something that many ppl have recognized as a good idea: use a "ScriptBlocker".

I use "NoScript" https://noscript.net/

"NoScript" has a big learning curve but it is worth it. i'm mentioning it because the reason ur FireFox failed isn't known yet; and running "NoScript" once it is, along with using "DuckDuckGo" or "DogPile" is advisable.

Install Chrome as a Test Browser for knowing ur connected and for emergency use. And because it's Google's it is also good to use it when FireFox fails to do something in regard to a Website functioning properly. But browse in general on FireFox. I've used it exclusively for 22 years.

i don't like Edge browser and feel it's a DogPile.lol 

The quickest way to know a PC is connected to the internet:

1. Open a command prompt:
--Open Run (Win+R). 
--Type "cmd" in the Open box.
--Either click/tap on OK or press Enter.

2. In command prompt windows where the curser is blinking; type without quotes: "ping weather.com" (or any .com u want)
3. Press Enter

Result is:
C:\>ping weather.com

Pinging weather.com [23.59.117.91] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 23.59.117.91: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=54
Reply from 23.59.117.91: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=54
Reply from 23.59.117.91: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=54
Reply from 23.59.117.91: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 23.59.117.91:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 34ms, Maximum = 57ms, Average = 47ms

i've done ^^ 1,000+ times on hundreds of PCs.

GL

Edit: By default, the "ping" command sends, four 32 byte things called packets. And (if each was successfully received buy the place sent to) it reports a "Reply" to your PC was sent back and the Time it took.

The 0% loss is perfect! 

If "ping" command fails ever, then it may be time to consider Hardware is at fault. Maybe a network cable needs to be tested. Close to the tester i use is: Link 

^^ (Network Cable Tester) only requires a 5th grader's education to use.lol

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/17 07:00:47

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/17 08:00:12 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA

I know you've been doing lots of video drivers, but I have had a video driver (on my work laptop) cause a similar issue with Google Chrome, so I wanted to ask what you've done so far with your video drivers.

You can download the latest video driver by going to www.nvidia.com and clicking drivers in the upper right. click through the drop-down boxes to pick your hardware (GeForce, RTX 30 series, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11, Game Ready Driver) and search. It'll bring up the latest one, which you can install. If you've already done this and you have GeForce Experience installed, you can open that and there should be a drivers button you can click on to update the driver. You'll also want to make sure your firmware on the GPU is up to date. Simply opening Precision X1 usually prompts you to update the firmware if there's a new one out. You can also click on the Re-Bar button at the top of Precision X1 and it will give you an idea if anything is out of date. I don't use Firefox, so I don't know if there are any other common issues with that situation.

lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/17 13:37:32 (permalink)
Since your getting all kind great advice here I say to you read, read  and read that help relax enough to move forward we all started and had some fears and doubts But that part of the fun. Enjoy building that great Rig

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 08:41:23 (permalink)
Well,....a few more things.

I downloaded HWiNF64.  Honestly, most of the data there is alien to me.  Obviously very comprehensive! 
Here is something I'm seeing on this software.  I'm in the Sensors Setup, and under Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA), it shows:
Total Errors - 1,255,048
PCI/PCIe But Errors - 1,255,048
PCI/PICe Device Errors - 3
What is that all about???

I clicked on the EVGA ELEET X1 and it was working this morning.  However, whenever I do open it, it pops up with "Turn off the 'Memory integrity' toggle to disable VBS on your Windows PC".  When I looked up Memory integrity, is seems like something you would want on...."Memory integrity, also known as Hypervisor-protected Code Integrity (HVCI) is a Windows security feature that makes it difficult for malicious programs to use low-level drivers to hijack your computer."   Anyway, it seems to be working.  I used it to dim down the motherboard RGB.  To bad there wasn't a setting to dim the 9 tiny white LEDs as well.   Unfortunately [as well], it didn't effect my Corsair Dominator memory sticks.  Those are still bright.

I also downloaded the GeForce Experience.  Really not sure what it is doing.  It appears to just be a game thing?

The "bad":
I attempted to download the latest Firefox [link provided by Bee_Dee_3_Dee], and I still am getting the same thing.  But there is a popup that says it cannot find vcruntime140_1.dll...and that reinstalling may fix the problem.  But it doesn't.

The other worse "bad":
For some reason, this morning, my EVGA Precision X1 isn't showing when I try to launch it.  It shows the "Precision X1" words on the screen, but then nothing comes up.  Not sure if one of these latest downloads is interfering with it, but I would want Precision X1 to display since it shows what my GPU is doing.
post edited by RAVENEVGA - 2022/06/18 08:57:26

Windows 11 Pro

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 09:02:05 (permalink)
Now HWiNFO64 is showing this under Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA)
Total Errors - 2,401,915
PCI/PCIe But Errors - 2,401,915
PCI/PICe Device Errors - 16

:-/

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 09:12:09 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Well,....a few more things.

I downloaded HWiNF64.  Honestly, most of the data there is alien to me.  Obviously very comprehensive! 
Here is something I'm seeing on this software.  I'm in the Sensors Setup, and under Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA), it shows:
Total Errors - 1,255,048
PCI/PCIe But Errors - 1,255,048
PCI/PICe Device Errors - 3
What is that all about???

I clicked on the EVGA ELEET X1 and it was working this morning.  However, whenever I do open it, it pops up with "Turn off the 'Memory integrity' toggle to disable VBS on your Windows PC".  When I looked up Memory integrity, is seems like something you would want on...."Memory integrity, also known as Hypervisor-protected Code Integrity (HVCI) is a Windows security feature that makes it difficult for malicious programs to use low-level drivers to hijack your computer."   Anyway, it seems to be working.  I used it to dim down the motherboard RGB.  To bad there wasn't a setting to dim the 9 tiny white LEDs as well.   Unfortunately [as well], it didn't effect my Corsair Dominator memory sticks.  Those are still bright.

I also downloaded the GeForce Experience.  Really not sure what it is doing.  It appears to just be a game thing?

The "bad":
I attempted to download the latest Firefox [link provided by Bee_Dee_3_Dee], and I still am getting the same thing.  But there is a popup that says it cannot find vcruntime140_1.dll...and that reinstalling may fix the problem.  But it doesn't.

The other worse "bad":
For some reason, this morning, my EVGA Precision X1 isn't showing when I try to launch it.  It shows the "Precision X1" words on the screen, but then nothing comes up.  Not sure if one of these latest downloads is interfering with it, but I would want Precision X1 to display since it shows what my GPU is doing.

Let's start with confirming the account u created user is an Administrator.

I'm starting with the following: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/change-account-type-in-windows-11.2173/

Read it now. We'll need to confirm the account ur current using has Administrator privileges, but don't worry about actually doing anything i'm going to read now. 

Edit 1:
OK i had to use Option 3 to confirm my account.

Do this for Option 3: 

Note: To Open "netplwiz" just open Run (Win+R), then Paste "netplwiz" in Run (no quotes), and either click/tap on OK or press Enter.

In Option 3, just confirm that in Step 2, that next to your account is says "Administrators" under Group.

Don't change anything, we're only confirming things.

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/18 09:29:25

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 09:34:48 (permalink)
I don't have those options when I open Settings [what shows in that link].

Also total errors now showing 3,703,130
PCI/PCIe But Errors - 3.703.106
PCI/PICe Device Errors - 24

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 09:55:50 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I don't have those options when I open Settings [what shows in that link].

Also total errors now showing 3,703,130
PCI/PCIe But Errors - 3.703.106
PCI/PICe Device Errors - 24

Did u try Option 3?

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 10:25:37 (permalink)
Okay, I looked at Option 3.  There is only one user [me] and is at Administrators group.

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 10:31:07 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Okay, I looked at Option 3.  There is only one user [me] and is at Administrators group.

cool.

So let's disable HWInfo64 from starting when Windows starts:
--Right click the HWInfo64 Icon In Systray
--Click on Settings
--In settings remove check mark next to Auto Start.
--Click OK
--Restart PC

Edit 1:
Next we want to confirm that both "ELEET X1" and "Precision X1" are not running.

Edit 2:
To confirm that both "ELEET X1" and "Precision X1" are not running; first look at Systray and see if an Icon for one or both is there. 90% of the time that's all needed to confirm it. We want it so neither is there.

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/18 10:51:34

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 10:53:40 (permalink)
It appears that mine doesn't have a checkmark at Auto Start.

One for WWinFO64 is there.  Not one for Precision X1
post edited by RAVENEVGA - 2022/06/18 10:55:48

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 11:01:23 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
It appears that mine doesn't have a checkmark at Auto Start.

One for WWinFO64 is there.  Not one for Precision X1

cool.

i didn't mentioned WWinFO64 because i never install it. i only use the Sensors feature.

so go ahead and remove check mark for Auto Start WWinFO64.

restart and confirm "ELEET X1" and "Precision X1" are not running. And confirm HWINFO64 too, of course, after restart is not running.

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 11:02:58 (permalink)
Okay....brb...

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 11:04:05 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Okay....brb...

k cool

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 11:07:58 (permalink)
Restarted...

BTW,....very appreciative of your help today!!  :-)

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/18 11:09:50 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Restarted...

BTW,....very appreciative of your help today!!  :-)

OK

confirm "ELEET X1" and "Precision X1" are not running. And confirm HWINFO64 too, of course, after restart is not running.

Edit: NP help. it's the best way to learn. (teaching is)
post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/18 11:12:16

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile