EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy them

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
xvga1
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/14 09:41:45 (permalink)
Still no word on batteries from EVGA. To make things worse, Laptop Battery continues to discharge despite shutdown properly, and EVGA has failed to resolve it. This has been replicated by several users in the concerned thread. Heading towards a disgusting Experience!

Update2: Good news! The adapter is back in stock. Get them as spare, while the supply lasts. Still no news on spare batteries! Lets hope EVGA sell us these, or at the very least tell us what to do after 2 years of warranty, should Laptop battery needs replacement. 

Update1: Great news, guys! EVGA listened! The charger has been listed under laptop accessories. Let's hope it will be back in stock. Still no news on Laptop batteries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,

So, i just contacted EVGA about the procedure to get a new battery & charger once my laptop warranty is over. And they have repeatedly told me it's not possible. And the only way i get these is when i buy a new laptop.

Unless you plan to use your machine for 2 years only & some if lucky, there is no way EVGA will help you get a charger should you lost it, or damage it. Now this may be overcome with 3rd party chargers like Dell etc. But hello, I didn't buy EVGA laptop to be used with parts of other Laptop brands, as their specifications don't match with what EVGA laptop requires. 

What absolutely boggles my mind is: That laptop battery has a finite life. And they do get to the point when you have to replace them. And that normally happens after the warranty period. So, What i am going to do with that?

Don't buy EVGA laptops as they have no division to sell parts or any plans to do so in future from what i gather. 

You are better off with other brands which offer parts online. 
post edited by xvga1 - 2018/08/24 05:51:34
fetterEsel
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 264
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 10:51:51 (permalink)
Apple does the same thing with all their products, MacBooks you can’t buy spare batteries etc for them. They want you to bring your entire MacBook in for repair if the smallest thing goes wrong and will sometimes even send it into Apple. God forbid if evga does the same thing you assume the worst. Evga has always covered me with products even far outside the warranty period. Worst comes to worst they run out of parts for your laptop and you have to send it in and you get a free upgrade to the newer model that they have parts for. Think about it for a while

xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 12:57:03 (permalink)
But we are not having a competition for worse after sales support. Apple chargers and batteries are available easily on ebay & Amazon.

Name one non-shady site on whole internet which sells charger or battery of evga laptop?

So, yeah, EVGA is the worst when it comes to that. Not if it's covered in warranty. But majority of users use laptops more than 2 years.
fetterEsel
iCX Member
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 13:03:21 (permalink)
xvga1
But we are not having a competition for worse after sales support. Apple chargers and batteries are available easily on ebay & Amazon.

Name one non-shady site on whole internet which sells charger or battery of evga laptop?

So, yeah, EVGA is the worst when it comes to that. Not if it's covered in warranty. But majority of users use laptops more than 2 years.

Point is EVGA will still replace batteries and chargers if needed, even outside of warranty, and if they don’t have parts anymore you most likely get a free upgrade to the one they have parts for in compensation for them not stocking parts anymore. I have never once had evga deny me because warranty was over. You’d just probably have to pay some cash in the end of the deal. But that’s all. You make it seem so much worst, maybe you haven’t dealt with evga before when it comes to other stuff.

fetterEsel
iCX Member
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 13:03:21 (permalink)
xvga1

Point is EVGA will still replace batteries and chargers if needed, even outside of warranty, and if they don’t have parts anymore you most likely get a free upgrade to the one they have parts for in compensation for them not stocking parts anymore. I have never once had evga deny me because warranty was over. You’d just probably have to pay some cash in the end of the deal. But that’s all. You make it seem so much worst, maybe you haven’t dealt with evga before when it comes to other stuff.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 16:12:44 (permalink)
fetterEsel
Point is EVGA will still replace batteries and chargers if needed, even outside of warranty, and if they don’t have parts anymore you most likely get a free upgrade to the one they have parts for in compensation for them not stocking parts anymore.

Nope! Past the laptop's warranty period? They absolutely will not provide replacement parts nor provide you an upgrade after the warranty expires. You will be on your own.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2018/05/14 19:42:49

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

nickcarlsondvm
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 18:49:15 (permalink)
Provide proof or experience.
xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/14 19:05:20 (permalink)
I wouldn't be sharing personal details here, but you are welcome to email the uber-awesome support for quick reply about it. Have already shared my experience so far.
post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/14 19:06:48
ekees
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/15 09:32:02 (permalink)
Cannot buy an additional official Power Adapter? What?

For 15 years, for each laptop I've been using within that timeframe (HP, Lenovo, Dell, Apple) I used two Power Adapters: one for home, one for the office. As I could afford to purchase a spare, I didn't see a need to carry the Power Adapter with me as I don't "compute" at other locations like a coffee shop or something.

To hear that I cannot have that option when considering an EVGA laptop is a disappointing state of affairs, particularly with the knowledge that EVGA has a functioning internet store that is already carrying out successful sales duty for desktop power supplies.

I am not feeling the idea of buying a 3rd party Power Adapter and buoying my compatibility concerns with the power of wishes.

Hey, Team EVGA, any plan to change this state of affairs in the future?
xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/15 10:10:19 (permalink)
The battery aspect is equally important. In fact, charger & battery are the two most important, and yet basic parts of the laptop. I can understand if it were some other specific part, but non-availability of the two of the most basic parts to users, is totally unacceptable for laptop customers. Does EVGA want customers to waste away their laptops after 2 years, just because of two basic parts? Knowing their customers spent a fortune? 

I also have a dell inspiron n5110, which i have owned for approx. 8 years before EVGA SC17. I have changed so many of its parts (4 times battery and 2 times its charger, besides laptop dc port, lcd, speakers, keyboard), and it still works, because i bought parts on internet via ebay/amazon/dell. And we are talking about a plastic crap instead of a jewel this EVGA SC17 laptop supposed to be. 

To EVGA: I am so pissed right now, that i wont take No for an answer. Yes, i can't do much if you have made up your mind to not sell any parts, and leave laptop customers to themselves after 2 years. But i will personally ensure & dedicate my entire existence online in pursuit to ground your future laptop sales, on social media/reddit/slickdeals, if you think you can get away with this. The fortune/savings i have spent on this laptop, you can bet I would try my level best to ensure no one else gets hurt like that.
post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/16 16:02:06
EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/15 12:49:41 (permalink)
Unfortunately, due to current supply we do not have additional power adapters available for purchase but if your laptop charger or battery becomes faulty due to a product defect, we can assist. Please keep in mind that if you live in a non-US or non-EU country, there may be additional challenges to providing assistance with this. If you are interested in purchasing an additional power adapter for your laptop, there are many options available through various third-party retailers. As long as the charger you are purchasing meets the same specifications listed here: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=59707, then it would be compatible with the SC17 laptop.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
fetterEsel
iCX Member
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/15 13:10:25 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Unfortunately, due to current supply we do not have additional power adapters available for purchase but if your laptop charger or battery becomes faulty due to a product defect, we can assist. Please keep in mind that if you live in a non-US or non-EU country, there may be additional challenges to providing assistance with this. If you are interested in purchasing an additional power adapter for your laptop, there are many options available through various third-party retailers. As long as the charger you are purchasing meets the same specifications listed here: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=59707, then it would be compatible with the SC17 laptop.

What about for the evga sc15? And you say support, is such support meaning replacement of battery or charger?

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/15 13:11:50 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB

I'm thinking eVGA needs to up its battery and PSU game for their laptops then...These shouldn't be a 'replace your Laptop' problem...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

fetterEsel
iCX Member
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/15 13:15:43 (permalink)
transdogmifier
EVGATech_AdamB

I'm thinking eVGA needs to up its battery and PSU game for their laptops then...These shouldn't be a 'replace your Laptop' problem...

Exactly. Everyone loves to have a second battery and charger in your backpack Incase of one dying or failing or being lost, or simply swapping batteries if ones dead completely. I called evga and tried to buy spares and they will not let me. What is up with that? This will be the last EVGA product I ever purchase if they will not let me buy any spare parts, simply because what if I’m on vacation and something fails? I’m SOL and out a laptop? No thanks. Let me buy spare parts please to have on hand.

kaneorotar
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/17 15:45:14 (permalink)
EVGATech_AdamB
Unfortunately, due to current supply we do not have additional power adapters available for purchase but if your laptop charger or battery becomes faulty due to a product defect, we can assist. Please keep in mind that if you live in a non-US or non-EU country, there may be additional challenges to providing assistance with this. If you are interested in purchasing an additional power adapter for your laptop, there are many options available through various third-party retailers. As long as the charger you are purchasing meets the same specifications listed here: , then it would be compatible with the SC17 laptop.

What about for the EVGA SC15? Judging from the specs of the power adapter, I have found no alternatives available anywhere.

Power Adapter
Model NO. : E008-00-00073
Product Name. : EVGA 240W Adapter
AC Input: 100V-240V~3.5A 50/60Hz
SC Output : 19V==12.6A/240W
ekees
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/17 20:01:37 (permalink)
kaneorotar

What about for the EVGA SC15? Judging from the specs of the power adapter, I have found no alternatives available anywhere.

Power Adapter

There's discussion in the older thread I include further below about a Dell power supply that comes close (but not the same)  to those specs. From the photo:
* Watts: 240
* OUTPUT: 19.5V 12.3A
* INPUT: 100-240V ~ 3.5A  50-60 Hz

But again, not precisely the same. There's also a post in the thread about someone trying a Dell 330W power adapter and seeing success.

HTTPS forums evga com/where-to-buy-an-exra-SC17-Power-Adapter-m2752499.aspx

(I still can't post links, so you'll have to feed in the periods.)

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/17 22:42:28 (permalink)
I have used third party laptop charges for a long time and never had a problem with one but I also buy a brand I have heard of. Mostly I used a universal one when traveling in case I forgot it.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18923
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/17 23:43:22 (permalink)

LOL there are many aftermarket power supplies that are as good if not better than the one that came with your laptop. Complaining about that in such dramatic fashion is a little excessive imho. I've purchased aftermarket power supplies for 2 laptops in the past because the stock ones were quite bulky, and there were much better alternatives available, particularly with mobility in mind.

Now the battery is a different story as it may be proprietary - possibly an EVGA Tech can chime in on that one - are there other brand and model laptop batteries that will fit the EVGA laptop? There may be, however you should have done the due diligence BEFORE buying the laptop if these were such extremely important factors for you. Having said that, I'm a little surprised EVGA doesn't offer spare batteries for sale, as plenty of people like to carry a spare in case they run flat and don't have a power outlet available. If it's any consolation, barring faults, the battery life should be significantly long that by the time it becomes an issue, the laptop itself will likely be well on the way to becoming a bit of a dinosaur.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/18 01:36:21 (permalink)
Nereus

LOL there are many aftermarket power supplies that are as good if not better than the one that came with your laptop. Complaining about that in such dramatic fashion is a little excessive imho. I've purchased aftermarket power supplies for 2 laptops in the past because the stock ones were quite bulky, and there were much better alternatives available, particularly with mobility in mind.

Sure, but any reputable laptop manufacturer has the parts for sale. With those reputable brands, you have the choice to buy the OEM parts or you have the choice to buy aftermarket parts. Choice. With EVGA, your only choice will be to buy aftermarket parts.

Now the battery is a different story as it may be proprietary - possibly an EVGA Tech can chime in on that one - are there other brand and model laptop batteries that will fit the EVGA laptop? There may be, however you should have done the due diligence BEFORE buying the laptop if these were such extremely important factors for you. Having said that, I'm a little surprised EVGA doesn't offer spare batteries for sale, as plenty of people like to carry a spare in case they run flat and don't have a power outlet available. If it's any consolation, barring faults, the battery life should be significantly long that by the time it becomes an issue, the laptop itself will likely be well on the way to becoming a bit of a dinosaur.

Oh, sure, when your EVGA laptop's battery runs flat, you are going to unscrew the rear cover, break the adhesive, replace the battery, and put it back together. In the subway station. Sure.

This isn't about convenience. This is about having a reliable source of known-good parts in the event that the laptop needs it. EVGA's support is decades behind other laptop manufacturers at this point. A huge batch of laptops shipped and were then un-bootable after the first reboot due to a BIOS bug which took weeks to be acknowledged and fixed, they don't have spare parts for sale, the software utility shipped with the product is buggy, and EVGA's support is completely ill-equipped to support the non-enthusiast with simple tasks such as restoring the laptop's software to its factory condition.

These are good laptops in their own way, but I would very much not recommend them to the majority of users.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/18 04:06:27 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Nereus

Oh, sure, when your EVGA laptop's battery runs flat, you are going to unscrew the rear cover, break the adhesive, replace the battery, and put it back together. In the subway station. Sure.

This isn't about convenience. This is about having a reliable source of known-good parts in the event that the laptop needs it. EVGA's support is decades behind other laptop manufacturers at this point. A huge batch of laptops shipped and were then un-bootable after the first reboot due to a BIOS bug which took weeks to be acknowledged and fixed, they don't have spare parts for sale, the software utility shipped with the product is buggy, and EVGA's support is completely ill-equipped to support the non-enthusiast with simple tasks such as restoring the laptop's software to its factory condition.

These are good laptops in their own way, but I would very much not recommend them to the majority of users.

Ok my bad, I didn't look enough to realize it was not an easily replaced battery. My current laptop (see signature) is like that too - it's a large flat proprietary battery affixed to the chassis, and not replaceable on the go. My previous two gaming laptops were not like that. I also wasn't aware of that unbootable issue, that's definitely not acceptable.

In EVGA's defense, keep in mind this is their first forays into laptop retail, so it's likely they don't have a huge stockpile of parts because their sales likely aren't that high as the new kid on the block. Given time and increased market presence in laptops, I would imagine that would change.

The charger is not a big deal imo - sure it would be nice to buy an exact replacement direct from EVGA, but it's certainly not something that is going to be impossible to work around - far from it.

The battery, as I said before, is another story. EVGA would need to respond to that question though - maybe they will replace batteries for the cost of shipping the laptop to them? Maybe they will send one out for a small fee if you are comfortable to replace it yourself? No laptop retailer gives replacement batteries for free outside of warranty, so it seems the issue here is that EVGA have apparently not (yet) provided any solution should this ever become an issue.

post edited by Nereus - 2018/05/18 04:07:41

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/19 01:11:05 (permalink)
kaneorotar
EVGATech_AdamB
Unfortunately, due to current supply we do not have additional power adapters available for purchase but if your laptop charger or battery becomes faulty due to a product defect, we can assist. Please keep in mind that if you live in a non-US or non-EU country, there may be additional challenges to providing assistance with this. If you are interested in purchasing an additional power adapter for your laptop, there are many options available through various third-party retailers. As long as the charger you are purchasing meets the same specifications listed here: , then it would be compatible with the SC17 laptop.

Power Adapter

EVGA SC17, GTX 1070, has the same exact specifications. However EVGA SC17 GTX1080 has the charger output rated at 19.5V DC, and that's why Dell charger is being recommended. A slight over voltage may not be a problem in the short run, but it can affect the life of a product, and may also damage it if the 19.5V charger has variation of +5%, as that would make the output voltage to 20.5V DC, against required 19V DC (required by SC17 1070).

Regarding the SC17 laptop battery:

SC17, GTX 1070, without Gsync Display:

SC17, Gtx 980m:

The battery apparently is manufactured by Getac. But upon translating from google, it's actually manufactured by Manufacturer: Shenji Technology Inc. I don't think they will be able to provide us a new one if we contact them individually. They are also providing laptop batteries to other laptop brands, from little search i did. And those are listed on ebay.

Now, from what i gather, the battery is rated at 15.2V, with capacity 4900mah (~75wh), and max/full charge voltage at 17.4V.

Translated by google translate:
//Model Name(Model/Model): B010-00-000001 Rating (Voltage/Voltage): 15.2V = 4900mAh, 74.48Wh Nominal Capacity/Rated Capacity :4900mAh charge limit voltage: 17.AV = Danger of explos Dispose of used be Do not heat up//

Now, the voltage aspect i.e. 15.2V rated & 17.4V full charge, is important, as the capacity can vary depending upon the back up you require.

And second most important aspect is form factor. And from what i have seen, there isn't a standard size.

Warranty period or not, users won't have a problem if EVGA starts selling Chargers & Batteries (the most basic parts) for whatever they cost. 
post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/19 10:13:42
Jskagg02
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/19 01:24:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby xvga1 2018/05/19 01:36:53
Just a FYI...been available for purchase since they got their stock replenished. Look under accessories and you can buy one.
post edited by Jskagg02 - 2018/05/19 01:26:05
xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/19 01:38:14 (permalink)
Jskagg02
Just a FYI...been available for purchase since they got their stock replenished. Look under accessories and you can buy one.

That's great news, as they listened! It's out of stock though. I hope they do the same for laptop batteries as well.  
mithinco
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/19 11:50:34 (permalink)
Here's a comparison of the power adapters.  The model number and specs are the same, however, the enclosures have different textures.  The SC15 has the more classic textured power brick feel while the SC17 has a more smooth texture.  I'm guessing there are different suppliers who make the adapters since the label is slightly different with the icons in a different layout.  I have no issue with the SC17 but with the SC15, I can hear a hissing noise for a few minutes after plugging it in before it goes silent.  They both weigh 1lb 5.8oz.

It's great that EVGA is listening and put the power adapters on sale.  They have been responsive on the forums and my support tickets.  We have to give them credit for that considering they are fairly new when it comes to manufacturing laptops.  They're not big like Dell or Apple with tons of spare parts.  Having power adapters and batteries available is also better for the environment since it extends the lives of our laptops.  Let's hope EVGA will have spare batteries available or at least allow 3rd party manufacturers to provide it for us.

post edited by mithinco - 2018/05/19 11:56:11
xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/19 14:05:38 (permalink)
mithincoI have no issue with the SC17 but with the SC15, I can hear a hissing noise for a few minutes after plugging it in before it goes silent.  They both weigh 1lb 5.8oz.

I am assuming that you got the left one with SC17, and the right one with SC15. There used to be Power Adapter Issue, when SC17 was still new. And i remember reading that the faulty adapters made noise before failing altogether. I hope you don't go through the same, as EVGA claimed to solve the issue.

Also, try using SC15 charger with SC17 to check if noise goes away. Also, try changing power cable to the adapter. 

Maybe it's just me, but judging by the material & writing on sticker, the right one seems a knock off the left one.
post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/19 14:09:28
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/19 16:39:45 (permalink)

Interesting. Gigabyte Aero 14Wv7 uses the same battery manufacturer - Getac. Gigabyte uses a larger physical model rated at 6200mAh, 94.24Wh (EVGA uses 4900mAh, 74.48Wh), which gives the Gigabyte Aero14 a much longer running time than most gaming laptops before it needs a recharge. The larger battery though means losing the space for a second HD at 2.5", so there is only room for a single NVMe m.2 drive.

post edited by Nereus - 2018/05/19 16:42:33

xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/20 01:44:25 (permalink)
I think dimensions of these two look awfully similar. The aero 14 is a 14 inch laptop while EVGA SC17 is a 17 inch one, which is why the latter could fit a HDD next to the battery. I could be wrong though. 

post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/21 09:19:20
xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/21 09:07:54 (permalink)

So, just got above from ebay. It fits SC17 1070 perfectly, as it has 19V, 12.2A output. It doesn't have a pin inside the connector. I imagine it will be more durable than what EVGA has in stores, after viewing what mithinco posted. Perhaps only time will tell.

I found it after days of search, as there are two models which are awfully similar to each other. And the other one is rated at 19.5V DC. 

From what i found online:
HP-A2301A3B1-LF 5189-2785 19.5V
HP-A2301A3B1 5189-2785 19V

Good luck!

post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/21 09:14:41
Tholden1
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/21 20:44:12 (permalink)
Looks like the power adapter is back in stock again:

www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=E008-00-000073
post edited by Tholden1 - 2018/05/21 20:46:31
xvga1
Re: EVGA SC17 Spares i.e. Power Supply, Battery, Fans, etc. Availability and Where to buy 2018/05/22 10:05:25 (permalink)
Edit: Apparently it was a typo! But they are saying it may be possible in future. I think they need a push. Support seems nice & polite, unlike my previous experiences with other brands. Let's hope they deliver for all our sakes lol 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So, guys, just got an email from EVGA. Apparently, they are CURRENTLY selling batteries for EVGA laptops with no warranty.

Now i have to convince them that my warranty is indeed void, so that they can send me a new battery lol

C'mon EVGA, just put them up for sale. Manufacture them more or recommend a third party product if you can't. But at least put them up for sale for your customers! 

post edited by xvga1 - 2018/05/22 14:59:30
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile