EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 9
Author
ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:02:40 (permalink)
Jw08561
ShawnB420
phroze
another-user
how are you guys handling extended warranties?  especially when you run out of stock down the line?

i have a 3090 ftw hybrid that ive already had to rma a couple of times for a bad pump.  and this current one is acting up occasionally as it is, but its fine for now.   im not exactly expecting you guys to have stock on this card for warranty replacements in  2, 5? 8? years.

If they are still in business at that time they can write you a check. If they are not in business you are SOL

For those of us with the 10 year warranties we’ll be SOL very soon. Such a sad day. I regret buying my KPE now. So glad I didn’t waste money on the extended warranty for my 3080ti

Has this been the confirmed outcome for those of us who have 10 year warranties? I wonder if this will ever be reflected on my current warranty status.

No but do you really expect EVGA to still be around you n 5+ years? I don’t. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they last past 2024.

No company means no warranty so they are only as good as long as EVGA stays alive. Since they just killed the selves with this decision I’m expecting support to die very soon.

Jw08561
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:02:52 (permalink)
Vantharas
Well EVGA just dropped 80% of their company. In one fell swoop. That means you can expect the staff to shrink around 80% as well. They are losing me as a customer as I've only ever bought EVGA Video cards. 80% just like that with no desire to make AMD or Intel Video cards. I bet if AMD said "Do what you want with our cards" EVGA Would absolutely make AMD Cards. As far as warranties are concerned they are almost next to worthless. When a company drops 80% of its company business, historically they end up being a shell of its former self and are almost guaranteed to fail in the long term. 

If the warranties are effectively worthless now I do wish they would update the warranty status to reflect this. Entirely too in the dark right now moving forward on this front.
kacan22
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:03:26 (permalink)
This is sad news. Rly wanted to buy 4090 ftw3  but im skipping this time and waiting for amd new gen gpus. Maybe in few months amd and evga will be partners for gpu who knows.

pocketdrummer
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:04:30 (permalink)
Well, this is massively depressing. I've been buying EVGA cards for over a decade exclusively.

I genuinely hope they put a little more effort into their motherboard sector and actually come out with $250 - $350 boards rather than $500+ boards. But, nothing from the announcement sounded like they were going to try expanding anywhere, so I have no idea how they're going to soak up this loss. I'm kind of worried this is the beginning of the end for EVGA.
ShawnB420
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 401
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:04:39 (permalink)
Jw08561
Vantharas
Well EVGA just dropped 80% of their company. In one fell swoop. That means you can expect the staff to shrink around 80% as well. They are losing me as a customer as I've only ever bought EVGA Video cards. 80% just like that with no desire to make AMD or Intel Video cards. I bet if AMD said "Do what you want with our cards" EVGA Would absolutely make AMD Cards. As far as warranties are concerned they are almost next to worthless. When a company drops 80% of its company business, historically they end up being a shell of its former self and are almost guaranteed to fail in the long term. 

If the warranties are effectively worthless now I do wish they would update the warranty status to reflect this. Entirely too in the dark right now moving forward on this front.

They aren’t worthless. They don’t “plan” on closing the company down but I don’t see how they can survive so it’ll be interesting to see how long they can last

SRTtoZ
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:05:35 (permalink)
This is one way to kill a company. You never put principles above business when running a business.  Awful decision. 
jace122
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:08:14 (permalink)
they announce this a day after crypto mining dies, just tells you they were never for the gamers. 
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:10:08 (permalink)
SRTtoZ
This is one way to kill a company. You never put principles above business when running a business.  Awful decision. 

If 80% of your revenue is from a division that is approximately breaking even, cutting that distraction…not a horrible idea. However, in this case, I think they lose traffic on PSUs and their other product lines if they cut GPUs. I think EVGA PSUs May have major discoverability issues going forward.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Vantharas
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:10:26 (permalink)
Honestly, I'd rather him sell the company to someone than just ruin it. Or at least say "We are going to start making AMD Products". Throwing away 80% of your gross revenue because you have some sort of vendetta or principle against Nvidia is an awful business decision. EVGA has no plan to work with AMD or Intel , it sounds like it was all personal. 
post edited by Vantharas - 2022/09/16 15:16:47

Crosshair VII, AMD 5800X, 16GB CL14 3600Mhz memory,EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra , 15TB Mechanical Storage 4TB SSD storage, 32inch Samsung Monitor Lian Li O11 Dynamic. EVGA 1600W PSU. Corsair 9 Fans Custom Loop on CPU Corsair block and rez/pump combo. 

fropwns
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:12:12 (permalink)
I have been buying EVGA cards, damn near, since the beginning.  I have no idea what is like to work Nvidia, and nor do I want to overlook missteps EVGA has made over the years, but I hate to see a company that many of us have trusted, through good and bad, do this.  I am currently running three different EVGA cards, and I am wondering who do I move on to that I can trust?

WIN 10 Pro; 10600K, 2070 Super EVGA, 32GB Ram

SRTtoZ
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:17:47 (permalink)
enewt
SRTtoZ

If 80% of your revenue is from a division that is approximately breaking even, cutting that distraction…not a horrible idea. However, in this case, I think they lose traffic on PSUs and their other product lines if they cut GPUs. I think EVGA PSUs May have major discoverability issues going forward.

Yea. The more I watch videos on this, the more I think Nvidia really screwed EVGA and the other board manufacturers by selling the Founders editions are MSRP.  Remember those cards were supposed to be a small, limited supply but we all know they sell TONS of them. Damn this is sad.
turboD
  • Total Posts : 91
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:18:16 (permalink)
This is horrible. The CEO is saying nobody would be fired, but i feel like this is not feasible in the long run...
Vantharas
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:19:29 (permalink)
fropwns
I have been buying EVGA cards, damn near, since the beginning.  I have no idea what is like to work Nvidia, and nor do I want to overlook missteps EVGA has made over the years, but I hate to see a company that many of us have trusted, through good and bad, do this.  I am currently running three different EVGA cards, and I am wondering who do I move on to that I can trust?

No idea. EVGA pretty much had the best in the industry warranty. Actually gave a damn about the customers as well. Now? Who knows? lol I guess just whoever offers the longest warranty and hope for the best. 

Crosshair VII, AMD 5800X, 16GB CL14 3600Mhz memory,EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra , 15TB Mechanical Storage 4TB SSD storage, 32inch Samsung Monitor Lian Li O11 Dynamic. EVGA 1600W PSU. Corsair 9 Fans Custom Loop on CPU Corsair block and rez/pump combo. 

xitywampas
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:19:51 (permalink)
What now? EVGA won't survive long losing %80 of their business and their namesake. I was already saving and planning to buy a 40 series EVGA. It looks like that'll go to alcohol and ammo now. I swore I'd never buy from another GPU company again. Who to buy from then? Do I even want to try another brand again? Probably not. PC gaming and building were much fun too. Oh well, everything comes to an end, I guess. Maybe say screw gaming and find another pastime. Books and guns for me now, I guess.

SRTtoZ
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:20:45 (permalink)
turboD
This is horrible. The CEO is saying nobody would be fired, but i feel like this is not feasible in the long run...

That's a straight up lie or semantics. You can't cut out 80% of your business and keep all of your employees there.  They would be losing money hand over fist.  What about the designers and engineers of the cards? They're not gonna stick around and just make PSU's lol.
xitywampas
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:35:17 (permalink)
SRTtoZ

Standing by their principles and treating people like people is why I only bought EVGA GPUs personally. Everyone else puts profit ahead of their customers and principals if they even have any. That's why EVGA was the last card I'll buy. I'd rather just not worry about it after years of experience with other manufacturers. I always told customers that EVGA was the best especially when something goes wrong and it always was easy if ever there were a problem. Everyone else I've dealt with was a hassle or became one in the end.
chumeniuk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 176
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:41:29 (permalink)
Never seen a company purposely self implode like this.  Beyond a few power supplies, there isn't anything that EVGA makes that isn't bested by competition.  Even the competitors are on par if not better on PSU's as well since those are all sourced from OEMs.  

electrosoft
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 120
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:44:18 (permalink)
enewt
SRTtoZ

My thinking exactly. ~80% revenue from GPUs but anywhere from barely breaking even to not profitable with GPUs along with the disrespect and being spat upon by Nvidia means it is time to move on.

Downsize, focus on profitable divisions, explore opportunities (I see you AMD) and rebuild.

Then again, this could be the world's biggest game of chicken ever with Nvidia.

Asus Z690 Strix D| 12900k 5.2 P-cores

MSI Suprim X Liquid (2835 boost, 3135 OC)| Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
G.Skill B-die 4133 2x16GB G1

EVGA P2 1600W | Arctic Cool LF II 420mm

Samsung Odessey mLED 43" 4k

pocketdrummer
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:45:19 (permalink)
xitywampas
What now? EVGA won't survive long losing %80 of their business and their namesake. I was already saving and planning to buy a 40 series EVGA. It looks like that'll go to alcohol and ammo now. I swore I'd never buy from another GPU company again. Who to buy from then? Do I even want to try another brand again? Probably not. PC gaming and building were much fun too. Oh well, everything comes to an end, I guess. Maybe say screw gaming and find another pastime. Books and guns for me now, I guess.

I guess one way to look at it is that Revenue != Profits. So, if they're cutting out the costs they incurred actually running their GPU business and profits were as razor thin as we've heard, they might not be in as much trouble as it sounds. That said, I didn't really hear the CEO give us any kind of game plan for how they're going to be profitable. In fact, he specifically said they aren't expanding into other markets. So, I'm guessing we're looking at a large section of EVGA just evaporating, they'll get rid of everything GPU-related, and we'll be left with whatever EVGA is already doing with their other products.

I would LOVE for evga to get deeper into the motherboard market and give us something at least in the $300 range rather than the crazy $500+ range, but I just don't see that happening. We're probably just going to get PSUs, ultra-expensive mobos, and peripherals from now on.
DiaBlox666
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:45:37 (permalink)
Sad news. I hated buying other brand gpu because they don't really like to support their cards like evga does.

curley60
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:48:49 (permalink)
xitywampas
SRTtoZ

Standing by their principles and treating people like people is why I only bought EVGA GPUs personally. Everyone else puts profit ahead of their customers and principals if they even have any. That's why EVGA was the last card I'll buy. I'd rather just not worry about it after years of experience with other manufacturers. I always told customers that EVGA was the best especially when something goes wrong and it always was easy if ever there were a problem. Everyone else I've dealt with was a hassle or became one in the end.

XITYWAMPAS, I agree 100%.  If EVGA partners with AMD, I will be buying AMD cards.  I don't know how old many of the people are on this thread but I've always had a problem with NVIDIA.  They killed one of the best, most innovative companies that made gaming fun.  3DFX.  They promised to build upon the 3DFX technology but they bought the company, locked up the technology, and threw away the key.  I have bought more EVGA products along with video cards over the last 19 years than I will ever buy any other Brand Name product because of their customer service and quality products.  I think other AIBs may follow suit since the profit margin for NVIDIA has increased and AIBs have decreased over the last decade.  

> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v2.13 03/29/2023)
> CPU: Intel Core i5 13600k
> AIO: Artic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 420mm
> Physical Memory: XPG LANCER 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5200
> Physical Memory Model#: AX5U5200C3816G-DCLABK      
> Monitor: LG 27GN750-B 
> Video Card: EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
> Case: Lian Li Lancool III

GameOverMan
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:58:28 (permalink)
Well, Ill never use AMD gpu, I been with evga for over 10 years, this sucks.  Guess Ill be moving to MSI for my next upgrade

eVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra Gaming
i7 13700K w/ 360mm AIO 
32GB Gskill 6000mhz DDR5
1TB M.2 NVME SSD
850watt PSU
Phanteks P500a case
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 15:59:45 (permalink)
chumeniuk
Never seen a company purposely self implode like this.  Beyond a few power supplies, there isn't anything that EVGA makes that isn't bested by competition.  Even the competitors are on par if not better on PSU's as well since those are all sourced from OEMs.  

I'm telling ya BFG Tech did the same thing in 2010 and were out of business within 4 months. I have a BFG Tech GTX 280 OC with a lifetime warranty that is just a paperweight at this point. Unless they announce AMD or Intel GPU partnerships, I can't imagine they will stay in business very long. 

wedgoku
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:02:04 (permalink)
Good riddance, EVGA has already been caught pushing out noisy faulty Astek hybrid coolers for both the 20 & 30 series cards (My EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Gaming Hybrid), not to mention EVGA also milks the customer by overcharging +$250USD for their aircooled cards vs the Nivida FE models. I contacted EVGA about the defects with their hybrid cards & all my concerns fell of deaf ears, also their customer support said they don't manufacture or sell the 20 series hybrid coolers anymore so i'm now out of luck now with an expensive $1399USD RTX 2080ti XC gaming hybrid paperweight.

Like I been saying 2 years ago just stay away from EVGA you are better off buying ASUS/MSI cards at this point, i'm glad to see karma return to natural order!
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:02:37 (permalink)
Watching the Videos - very informative, even if long winded

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Rundra
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:03:49 (permalink)
Sorry, but there's no way EVGA is surviving this. Why? Two words. Consumer confidence.

No one in their right mind is going to buy a product from a company that just said goodbye to 80% of their revenue and in their own words "have no plans on expanding into other products". That 10 year warranty on your new power supply? Kiss that goodbye. And even if EVGA does genuinely have plans to hang around for a few more years, all that matters is what potential customers think and that's what is going to eventually kill the company.

You also can't believe anything the CEO says since he said there is no plans for any layoffs. Okay chief, 80% of your employees have nothing to do now but you'll keep them employed out of the kindness of your gold parachute having behind.

Trackseven75
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:06:03 (permalink)
Other AIB partners have to pick up the slack because you sure as hell can't find founders edition cards at retail.BB has a lock on the 30 series and was a catastraphe.

dka56
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:09:01 (permalink)
The holidays are coming, maybe EVGA has a trick up it's sleeve.

Remember, no forum is privy to insider news that correlates to R&D in it's infancy.

Main Gear:
MB: M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
AMD 1090T
PSU: EVGA 850W Supernova Modular
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 HD SC
locolaptop
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:11:21 (permalink)
enewt
SRTtoZ

BFG did the same thing, and look what happened to them. Poof gone. Sadly I feel this is what's going to happen here, just might take longer.

Gaming Rig: i9-10850k: 5Ghz all cores, Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E Gaming, G.Skill RipJaws V 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz, WD Black SN750 500GB and 4TB NVMe SSD, x6 2TB WD Blacks, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, EVGA Supernova 1000W T2, X3 144hz 27" Monitors

Car: 2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.
Truck: 1994 Ford F-150 XLT extended cab long bed.
Miguell
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1112
Re: EVGA Will no longer do business with NVIDIA 2022/09/16 16:15:55 (permalink)
this was unexpected!

anyone knows why evga decided to leave nVIDIA and throw away about..80'ish% of their business?

it doesn't make sense.. at all! and they don't plan to expand to other products?

whoot?
( watching the nexus video about this)

post edited by Miguell - 2022/09/16 16:19:58

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830
Display: 32" AOC Q3279VWFD8 @2560x1440@75Hz
Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700
Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L - RGB
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
Vga: Asus Dual RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Advanced Edition
Ram: 32GB DDR4  G.SKILL - RIPJAWS V @3200Mhz
Sound: Hama uRage soundZbar 2.1 Unleashed  - (Optical)
Storage: 500GB SSD M.2 A2000  NVMe  Kingston (OS) + 8TB (4+4) HDD X300 Toshiba (Data)
Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile