EVGA

EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022)

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 13
Author
Doumi111
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 11:22:49 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
This I can see might cause an issue. I will ask our PM team on Monday about this. 

Just saying, same could go for people owning RTX 3060 or RTX 3080, they have no option to step up to the Ti version of their cards. : )
post edited by Doumi111 - 2022/01/08 11:24:23
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 11:43:10 (permalink)
The EVGA Step-Up program was always intended in spirit to help with buyers remorse, if something new came out or the purchaser was surprised that what they bought did not meet their expectations

What other company offers this type of Step-Up, besides EVGA ?  (non that I know of)

Though I can understand those who made a purchase, with the goal of the Step-Up as a way to get what they actually wanted, ........ feeling like an announcement before the change would have had merit & possibly changed their purchase decision

I am glad to see EVGA has not Canceled the Step-Up entirely

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

jhonconners
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 12:47:22 (permalink)
I do appreciate that EVGA still offers this step up program, but them not offering a grace period window for people who purchased a card before the announcement with the intention of using it in step up just seems like a bad customer service practice
dukeletoatreides
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 12:59:57 (permalink)
I am one of those people who bought a 1030 to step up, it came Friday.  I cannot express to you how frustrated I am, EVGA.  I have been trying to get a new card for a year that is not from an ebay scalper.  Can never get a drop or slot with any retailer on anything that is not $2000.  I bought the 1030 on 12/31 hoping to God my wait was over, only to find out TODAY that the step-up would not be available.  I totally get you saying no more after a certain date, but to just cut it off on 1/6, knowingly blasting those of us that bought cards around Christmas/New years with no warning is jacked and antithetical to good customer service.  I would have been happy to take a number and wait, but your damn line has been closed for MONTHS.  You have no problem sending your cards to retailers who gouge the crap out of your customers but just some how magically you can't do a waiting list direct.  I can see you have zero interest in customer service anymore and are solely driven by what will make you and your retailers the most money.  Sad for a company that makes a great product and was known for good customer service.  
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 13:22:59 (permalink)
Bandolier91256
nomoss
Watching the people who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar go absolutely monkey-poo is very entertaining.
It's not a zero-sum game.  You can't numerically quantify the immorality of cheating.  

It's more entertaining watching people like yourself argue with your feelings because you don't actually have a sound or rational argument over EVGA's lack of transparency and accountability for not notifying their customers. If you have nothing constructive to add, you're free to talk about your delusional moral compass elsewhere and feed your narcissism about how you've "won."

The main people that this will affect are people that needed the upgrades; miners and resellers have already taken advantage of stepup and the queue.

Project much?
We’re all lucky that EVGA didn’t just end the program. 
post edited by nomoss - 2022/01/08 13:51:49

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

00joshua
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 13:53:32 (permalink)
It's not cutting in line when it's an official system with multiple lines that progress at different rates.

Instead of waiting in line and giving change at a toll booth, you can buy a device that gets scanned while you're going full speed the highway. Amusement Parks have Fast Passes. You can pay a little extra to reserve your movie tickets ahead of time.

Welcome to the 21st Century. 
Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 14:27:02 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
LOL all this nonsense and outrage is comical. Threating to report EVGA to the FTC? Losing thousands of customers? Threats of law suits or implications of legal issues....It's hilarious, EVGA doesn't need to do anything, you never entered any binding agreement with EVGA nor did they ever promise anything to you when you made your buying decisions. 

Apparently not a single one of you people bothered to actually read EVGA Terms of Service for their Step Up program

EVGA reserves the right to cancel a customer’s Step-Up at any time and for any reason.
EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice.
EVGA reserves the right to cancel the Step-Up program at any time and for any reason.

You people abusing the program are yet another reason something good got cancelled because of rampant abuse. 

It started with getting lifetime warranty being cancelled, then to the removal of the EAR program, then them having to charge double MSRP on any cross ship RMA to now them gutting the Step Up program. You people that abuse these system are a cancer and need to be eradicated. You're not gonna buy EVGA products anymore? Good. Enjoy your GT 1030s, don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.

No one said we weren’t gonna buy more cards.
In fact, miners are gonna keep buying EVGA cards. Including me.
Whether or not Step Up was being abused, all EVGA is doing is over gamers.
And defending this move just shows how much you simp for EVGA.

Here's a pic of a very small fraction of my GPU orders at retail. Only two were from EVGA directly, the B-Stock cards.

post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/08 17:10:45

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
Glenn18073
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 14:30:13 (permalink)
Bandolier91256
Nobody is arguing against the changes, the program was being taken advantage of but using low end cards for stepup was still within the rules. However, the problem lies in how EVGA handled notifying people of the changes which is to say they didn't, at all.

AntOnline, Newegg, Central Computers, and others dropped a lot of low end EVGA cards right before Christmas and EVGA chose not to notify any of their customers. It's simple to warn your customers prior to the change taking effect OR to honor all cards bought prior to the stepup changes but EVGA abruptly changed the terms without a single warning and left their customers hanging. EVGA is a business, they will do whatever is best in their financial interest and anyone that says otherwise needs a reality check.

They can reserve the right to shaft their customers and change the policy but the customer can also file a FTC complaint, return what they bought, or file chargebacks if returns aren't allowed. EVGA has had unquestionable customer service in the past but like a poster earlier said; people will remember the bad customer service. It's the customers or the retailers that sell EVGA cards who will end up eating the cost due to shady business practices.

So, EVGA should have A) gone to every retailer and requested customer information? or B) told retailers to advise all customers that they wouldn't be allowed to game the system? 

The millennial thinking never ceases to amaze. 
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 14:33:33 (permalink)
Glenn18073
Bandolier91256
Nobody is arguing against the changes, the program was being taken advantage of but using low end cards for stepup was still within the rules. However, the problem lies in how EVGA handled notifying people of the changes which is to say they didn't, at all.

AntOnline, Newegg, Central Computers, and others dropped a lot of low end EVGA cards right before Christmas and EVGA chose not to notify any of their customers. It's simple to warn your customers prior to the change taking effect OR to honor all cards bought prior to the stepup changes but EVGA abruptly changed the terms without a single warning and left their customers hanging. EVGA is a business, they will do whatever is best in their financial interest and anyone that says otherwise needs a reality check.

They can reserve the right to shaft their customers and change the policy but the customer can also file a FTC complaint, return what they bought, or file chargebacks if returns aren't allowed. EVGA has had unquestionable customer service in the past but like a poster earlier said; people will remember the bad customer service. It's the customers or the retailers that sell EVGA cards who will end up eating the cost due to shady business practices.

So, EVGA should have A) gone to every retailer and requested customer information? or B) told retailers to advise all customers that they wouldn't be allowed to game the system? 

The millennial thinking never ceases to amaze. 

See this all the time at my work.  People think they can do whatever they want and throw a fit when they hear "no."  I've fired a fair few customers this year.

Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 14:34:48 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
LOL all this nonsense and outrage is comical. Threating to report EVGA to the FTC? Losing thousands of customers? Threats of law suits or implications of legal issues....It's hilarious, EVGA doesn't need to do anything, you never entered any binding agreement with EVGA nor did they ever promise anything to you when you made your buying decisions. 

Apparently not a single one of you people bothered to actually read EVGA Terms of Service for their Step Up program

EVGA reserves the right to cancel a customer’s Step-Up at any time and for any reason.
EVGA reserves the right to change the terms of the Step-Up program at any time without notice.
EVGA reserves the right to cancel the Step-Up program at any time and for any reason.

You people abusing the program are yet another reason something good got cancelled because of rampant abuse. 

It started with getting lifetime warranty being cancelled, then to the removal of the EAR program, then them having to charge double MSRP on any cross ship RMA to now them gutting the Step Up program. You people that abuse these system are a cancer and need to be eradicated. You're not gonna buy EVGA products anymore? Good. Enjoy your GT 1030s, don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.

OMG! I LOVE this post! I found my new fav hero! Good god man! You just shot "PC" right out the window in a way I appreciate!
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 14:37:41 (permalink)
00joshua
It's not cutting in line when it's an official system with multiple lines that progress at different rates.

Instead of waiting in line and giving change at a toll booth, you can buy a device that gets scanned while you're going full speed the highway. Amusement Parks have Fast Passes. You can pay a little extra to reserve your movie tickets ahead of time.

Welcome to the 21st Century. 

Only EZPAss is advertised for this purpose. It is designed to do just what it does, speed things along. It also isn't about limited supplies.

Find another analogy. This one stunk.

Edit; all of your examples stunk. Just wanted to clarify. 
post edited by Glenn18073 - 2022/01/08 14:43:38
bovineblitz
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:03:29 (permalink)
nomoss
Watching the people who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar go absolutely monkey-poo is very entertaining.
It's not a zero-sum game.  You can't numerically quantify the immorality of cheating.  

Cheating? Little dramatic there bud.

I got all this without 'cheating', didn't use step up once.  I still think EVGA simply one day saying "NO MORE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY" is a crazy way to handle it, it should have been "purchases after today will not be able to step up anymore".
post edited by bovineblitz - 2022/01/08 15:12:02
Sonikku13
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:18:30 (permalink)
Should also mention. EVGA Step Up was the only way to queue for an EVGA Ampere card since October.

When’s the regular queue sign ups opening again?

bovineblitz
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:19:34 (permalink)
Sonikku13
Should also mention. EVGA Step Up was the only way to queue for an EVGA Ampere card since October.

When’s the regular queue sign ups opening again?

Good question, I could use a couple dozen more cards.
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:24:37 (permalink)
And you wonder why you're not swaying anybody

bovineblitz
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:25:59 (permalink)
nomoss

Like there's anything to be done about it.  EVGA's handling of the situation was rude to repeat customers, that's basically all there is to say.
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:27:34 (permalink)
bovineblitz
nomoss

Like there's anything to be done about it.  EVGA's handling of the situation was rude to repeat customers, that's basically all there is to say.

Sometimes you just have to fire the customer.

bovineblitz
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:29:58 (permalink)
nomossSometimes you just have to fire the customer.

Lol. Yeah I'm sure they love booting customers who spend six digits on GPUs in a calendar year.

Maybe just think about your programs for ten minutes before implementing them.  Quite literally all the changes they've made recently were easily avoidable with a modicum of critical thought.
post edited by bovineblitz - 2022/01/08 15:40:10
CODKill
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:35:39 (permalink)
I'm not sure I understand the "cut in line" or "cheating" arguments when it was, and still is, clearly stated on the step-up page that, "The EVGA Step-Up program gives you the peace of mind to purchase your product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."

I've been an EVGA customer for over a over a decade and never used the step-up program before. I read over the step-up program page, registered my new card, checked the step-up cost, thought about my options for a few hours, and in those few hours it changed and then no models were available. It's a GTX, not a GT. I was hoping to go to a 3060 based on the models I saw available listed on the step-up page, but with the new setup I'm stuck with zero step-up options, even though it's a step-up eligibe card, and I can't return it without a 30% restocking fee. So while it is completely within the terms for them to change it, it just seem thoughtless to implement it this way. How is expressing frustration with the way this was carried out entitled?
Sonikku13
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:43:13 (permalink)
CODKill
I'm not sure I understand the "cut in line" or "cheating" arguments when it was, and still is, clearly stated on the step-up page that, "The EVGA Step-Up program gives you the peace of mind to purchase your product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."

I've been an EVGA customer for over a over a decade and never used the step-up program before. I read over the step-up program page, registered my new card, checked the step-up cost, thought about my options for a few hours, and in those few hours it changed and then no models were available. It's a GTX, not a GT. I was hoping to go to a 3060 based on the models I saw available listed on the step-up page, but with the new setup I'm stuck with zero step-up options, even though it's a step-up eligibe card, and I can't return it without a 30% restocking fee. So while it is completely within the terms for them to change it, it just seem thoughtless to implement it this way. How is expressing frustration with the way this was carried out entitled?

You were caught in the crossfire.

The fact the regular queue was closed clearly led to an increase in people buying GT cards to queue up for an Ampere card. Both from people who abused the system, and regular gamers.

Now there’s no EVGA Queue to sign up for whatsoever.

nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 15:47:19 (permalink)
bovineblitz
nomossSometimes you just have to fire the customer.

Lol. Yeah I'm sure they love booting customers who spend six digits on GPUs in a calendar year.
Maybe just think about your programs for ten minutes before implementing them.  Quite literally all the changes they've made recently were easily avoidable with a modicum of critical thought.

You got me.  I only spent five digits through the queues to outfit my family.  Are second class customers still required to flex a box stack pic?
Afterthought tends to be easier but I will agree that EVGA has done things abruptly lately.  Welcome to 2022.

Sonikku13
The fact the regular queue was closed clearly led to an increase in people buying GT cards to queue up for an Ampere card. Both from people who abused the system, and regular gamers.

post edited by nomoss - 2022/01/08 22:03:12

CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 16:32:52 (permalink)
All you clowns posting pics of the stacks of GPUs you have. Thanks fore validating why EVGA changed the rules. YOU ARE ALL PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 17:05:05 (permalink)

"The EVGA Step-Up program gives you the peace of mind to purchase your product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."

Which parts have come out in the last 90 days? Does that section of the blurb everyone keeps quoting need to bigger? More bold? Clearer font? Maybe need to it to be voice text instead of written?

That is why I believe EVGA should remove any product that is 90+ days post shelf release date. 3050 releases January 27th, 90 days would be April 27th, permanently remove it from available step up options April 28th. Problem solved. As I have stated before, the 90 day window for purchases should still be 90 days for the purchases, and then the window closed, but after 90 days of a product being on the shelf, permanently remove it as an option, hard stop, no further chance to step up to that product.

The most important part that many users are intentionally glossing over, Is In BIG bold letters now. That would close future loopholes and allow more products to go toward the queue lists versus people buying over 4 year old products because Reddit and Discord told them to. How does one argue that part, when it clearly states “to the latest parts that come out within 90 days of your purchase”

That is prime example of a loophole. None of the products on the step up list came out within the last 90 days. So saying “but it was allowed” is what got it closed, and I would anticipate (hope for) further changes as EVGA follows Reddit trends.

Retailers are just as guilty as they knew they could get rid of their 1030 stock from EVGA because they also follow the Reddit and Discord trends, they are the ones looking to make a buck as well.

I am not saying I like how fast EVGA closed the loophole, but I understand why they did it.

post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/08 17:06:24
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 17:11:57 (permalink)
nomoss
bovineblitz
nomoss

Sometimes you just have to fire the customer.

Exactly.

Sometimes customers think they have an advantage that is self appointed and overly valued. They need a peg or two taken out from under them for a little humility.
I'm self employed and have written more than a few Un-PC emails in my time. In fact, I have never written a PC email---ever. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 17:14:11 (permalink)
Deleted, I misunderstood a post
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/08 17:40:09
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 17:58:53 (permalink)
@the_Scarlet_one:  I like your idea.  Your more lenient than I.  I would have kept the 90 days, but taken the SKU out of the step-up after 60 days.  Also step-up would only dip to SKUs from the previous generation only, i.e., 20XX to 30XX.

bovineblitz
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 18:49:37 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
All you clowns posting pics of the stacks of GPUs you have. Thanks fore validating why EVGA changed the rules. YOU ARE ALL PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!

How can I be part of the problem if I've never use step up in my life?
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 18:56:48 (permalink)
bovineblitz

If you've never used it and aren't currently in possession of a card presently excluded from stepping up to a 30xx series card, then you aren't.
If you have a 1030 and was looking to step up to a 30xx series card and your Victoria's Secret/Tommy Johns are in a bunch, then you are part of the problem.
bovineblitz
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 18:57:55 (permalink)
Glenn18073
bovineblitz

If you've never used it and aren't currently in possession of a card presently excluded from stepping up to a 30xx series card, then you aren't.
If you have a 1030 and was looking to step up to a 30xx series card and your Victoria's Secret/Tommy Johns are in a bunch, then you are part of the problem.

He said people with lots of cards are "part of the problem", that's what I was responding to.
CODKill
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:00:50 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

"The EVGA Step-Up program gives you the peace of mind to purchase your product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase."

Which parts have come out in the last 90 days? Does that section of the blurb everyone keeps quoting need to bigger? More bold? Clearer font? Maybe need to it to be voice text instead of written?

You're absolutely right. I can't tell you how many times I read that page in the past few days, but the verbage never clicked because the products available didn't match with what was being said. So really nothing should be available to step up to at the moment since nothing has been released in the past 90 days? Like I said, I've never attempted to use the program before now, so if that's what it was supposed to be, I'm all for it. But it sounds like it will still not work as described for people in my position, since new products will be released in the next 90 days and we won't be eligible for them, right?
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 13
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile