EVGA

EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022)

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 13
Author
CalebC
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 00:05:24 (permalink)
PurestGold
Hmn sounds like an undercover EVGA employee trying to make themselves look good. I'd be embarrassed for them if this is their guy. 

I doubt that, but you're entitled to your beliefs. 
Glenn18073
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 00:09:50 (permalink)
Sonikku13
Made worse by the regular queue not being open for new waitlist signups.

BS.
That queue was for honest people and people needed one card for personal use.
Miners that need tens of cards (or more) aren't going to patiently wait in a queue. I've been in it for 9 months.
Miners might wait a few weeks which is what the step-up queue averages.

I am still laughing my petunias off but lets be honest, it's a $140 dollar card, are you really out all that much vs the aggravation and grief you've caused?
(That is directed to the shady jingleberries that have been using step-up to get cards for the purpose of scalping them, mining with them or the casual gamer
that knew very well they were bypassing the queue)
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 00:18:54 (permalink)
Grimlocks
This is legit one of the weirdest threads I've ever seen.  Real people are losing real money because of the way EVGA handled things. Maybe there are some "reddit people" and scalpers caught in this, but there are a lot of regular people that will not get back 100% of the money they spent. College kids on a limited budget, parents buying their kids a present, people on part time hours, etc. Real customers being affected by the way the change was implemented. And you people are in here finding all kinds of strawmen to project onto. I can't believe any company with as good a reputation for taking care of their customers would just willingly decide to go "it needs to change and screw the normal customers that get caught in the middle of this."

There are a lot of new accounts posting on this because most people would rather be gaming or hanging out with friends on discord, teamspeak, or wherever instead of posting on a tech forum. The people that are affected by the change after being EVGA customers are the ones posting. That's what people do when they are affected by something, they try to figure out what happened and see if it was a mistake or can be fixed.

And all of those college kids, parents and others are also trying to game the system. The innocents' you are trying to imprint upon them which is meant to tug at the heart strings is being met by the reality that they have reaped what they sowed.
They gambled and lost. Get over it.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 00:32:47 (permalink)
mavergara25
2. EVGA had an opportunity to close or restrict the program without causing customer discontent, but instead chose a path that would harm the most amount of customers.

3. With this decision EVGA is saying, F U customers we don’t really care about you anymore.

The step-up program in its prior state was a house on fire. Every single day, the fire grew. More people would try to get a 1030 into step-up. 
Sure, they could have ensured the arsonist sitting across the street admiring his creation was happy by only changing the policy in meaningless superficial ways
but what good is that? 

Instead they put the fire out, closed off the gas line and sure, along with it a few consumers that were using the program as it was intended but those people can 
make a case to EVGA and perhaps on a case by case basis, they might have a mutually constructive conclusion but leaving the arsonist to smile is not one of them.

For all of you entitled people posting that EVGA should be sued or reported citing some kind of entitlement to a voluntary program's benefit, Google what American Airlines did
to Steven Rothstein and tell me you have an iota of a case. That guy actually PAID for his "pass" and it was revoked. You leeches haven't paid anything for the step-up benefit.
(Unless you think you can prove some portion of your MSRP directly funded and maintained the program---good luck there)
les_garten
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 01:04:58 (permalink)
PurestGold
Hmn sounds like an undercover EVGA employee trying to make themselves look good. I'd be embarrassed for them if this is their guy. 

It's like Road House, he's the Cooler.  He was brought in to tick everybody off so much that they leave the thread and it dies.
Doumi111
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 03:30:17 (permalink)
Again, even if I find rude the way EVGA changed rules here, seeing how that thread grows fast and became a thing (here and on Reddit, never been there till now, but I had to check and see what's what), it was necessary to say the least.

When people impacted by these changes say "that screws thousands of customers", I really hope you're wrong, because if there are really thousands of GT 1030 that were going to be used as a step up queue ticket, it just shows how much the program had to be modified ASAP. I'm glad, for now, that EVGA did not decide to end the step up definitely, pushing out people like me in the European queue waiting for their turn to come since October 2020.

To the people wondering why EVGA did not anticipate this whole scenario, I guess it could have been imagined during the last year (I'm not aware of what's going on on American market, so I don't really know since when there are old cards like the GT 1030 back for sale, there is none on EU market) , but we must remember it is a program running since 2004, and it has been just recently used in a way it is not supposed to, because of the GPU shortage. On normal days, nobody would order an outdated, good for nothing card to trade it for a top of the line card, you would just have to buy the card you want.

To the people posting pics of dozens cards box, and then say "but none of those are coming from the step up program, so I am not the issue", yes, you are. There is a GPU shortage, maybe you are smart enough to figure that if you have 12 new gen GPU at home, that leave 11 other customers with no card. You may not have had one more card to brag about through the step up program (and I'm glad you did not!), but yes you are definitely part of the problem here, the step up wouldn't have been hijacked if there weren't so many people without card.

In the end, I feel sorry for the few people that got caught crossfire. I see some of the honest people already got response from EVGA representatives, and I hope they can do something for them.
post edited by Doumi111 - 2022/01/09 04:12:07
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 06:53:22 (permalink)
CODKill
You're absolutely right. I can't tell you how many times I read that page in the past few days, but the verbage never clicked because the products available didn't match with what was being said. So really nothing should be available to step up to at the moment since nothing has been released in the past 90 days? Like I said, I've never attempted to use the program before now, so if that's what it was supposed to be, I'm all for it. But it sounds like it will still not work as described for people in my position, since new products will be released in the next 90 days and we won't be eligible for them, right?

Unfortunately, I have no idea how the impending releases will be handled. All of the information I have is the same information you have.

nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 07:43:06 (permalink)
les_garten
It's like Road House, he's the Cooler.  He was brought in to tick everybody off so much that they leave the thread and it dies.

Hear that Craptacular?  You're Dalton!  You're nice until it’s time not to be nice.   
Really, that's one awesome compliment, Les!

post edited by nomoss - 2022/01/09 09:23:43

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 07:49:31 (permalink)
PurestGold

How much does EVGA pay you to shill for them?

Less than it cost you when you wasted your money on the GT 1030 you're trying to step up from. 
post edited by CraptacularOne - 2022/01/09 07:54:24

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 07:56:46 (permalink)
nomoss

Hear that Craptacular?  You're Dalton!  You're nice until it’s time not to be nice.   
Really, that's one awesome compliment, Les!

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
rasfre
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 09:29:55 (permalink)
I bought from EVGA before. I almost didn't wanna bother buying a GT 1030 after a year with no GPU but the way things are i couldn't pass up. Anyways EVGA just hook up people who bought before change took effect due to shipping delay or whatever and didnt get a chance to register.
post edited by rasfre - 2022/01/09 09:33:59
Bandolier91256
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 10:38:00 (permalink)
CalebC
PurestGold
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks
This is legit one of the weirdest threads I've ever seen.  Real people are losing real money because of the way EVGA handled things. Maybe there are some "reddit people" and scalpers caught in this, but there are a lot of regular people that will not get back 100% of the money they spent. College kids on a limited budget, parents buying their kids a present, people on part time hours, etc. Real customers being affected by the way the change was implemented. And you people are in here finding all kinds of strawmen to project onto. I can't believe any company with as good a reputation for taking care of their customers would just willingly decide to go "it needs to change and screw the normal customers that get caught in the middle of this."

There are a lot of new accounts posting on this because most people would rather be gaming or hanging out with friends on discord, teamspeak, or wherever instead of posting on a tech forum. The people that are affected by the change after being EVGA customers are the ones posting. That's what people do when they are affected by something, they try to figure out what happened and see if it was a mistake or can be fixed.

Oh take your boo hoo sob story some where else. "Oh poor mommy just wanted to buy a card for little Jimmy" or the "college kid looking to game" or part time hours that can't afford it. Get out of here with that trash. You know what they all have in common in this instance? THEY ALL GOT CAUGHT TRYING TO GAME THE SYSTEM. 

They are all part of the reason this program like those before it got castrated. If they couldn't afford it or don't have much income what business do they have trying to step up to a $900 card in the first place??!? Your argument holds no water, these were just a bunch of dirtbags that ruined a good thing because of greed. 

If it were up to me and I was EVGA I wouldn't just cut off people as of the 6th when this announcement was made. I'd go and look at every single account that is currently trying to step up some garbage card like a GT 1030 to a 30 series card and cancel every one of them. 

Sorry you weren't smart enough to get a card.  Your username is very appropriate.

Smart enough? Like you who's pissed they can't step up their GT 1030 now? That smart? 

Yeah, I know how to read.  When I bought it, it met the terms and conditions set forth by Evga, they changed those terms after I bought it, that is so incredibly shady.  If your doctor did that, you would sue for fraud.

EVGA isn't your doctor. This wasn't shady, this was them having enough of people like you abusing a system that was put in to protect peoples investments in their card if they happened to buy a card and a newer better card came out. This was never intended to be used so you could buy a GT 1030 then abuse this system to step that up to a 30 series card. 

Can you read? I'm not so sure, had you actually been able to read you'd understand what this means

Good luck yelling at clouds, old angry, not real smart, guy.

Enjoy your GT 1030 smart guy 

Dude has almost fourteen thousand posts on here and acts like a child, you can't buy that kind of loyalty.

You can if you pay the EVGA shills with EVGA bucks.

The only people this affected were regular people that were going for a single card, I already have my four 1030s in stepup. Whatever mental gymnastics helps these guys feel better I suppose.
post edited by Bandolier91256 - 2022/01/09 10:40:02
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 10:57:28 (permalink)
Good to know.

EVGA reserves the right to cancel a customer’s Step-Up at any time and for any reason.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11110
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 10:59:45 (permalink)
Bandolier91256
CalebC
PurestGold
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Oh take your boo hoo sob story some where else. "Oh poor mommy just wanted to buy a card for little Jimmy" or the "college kid looking to game" or part time hours that can't afford it. Get out of here with that trash. You know what they all have in common in this instance? THEY ALL GOT CAUGHT TRYING TO GAME THE SYSTEM. 

They are all part of the reason this program like those before it got castrated. If they couldn't afford it or don't have much income what business do they have trying to step up to a $900 card in the first place??!? Your argument holds no water, these were just a bunch of dirtbags that ruined a good thing because of greed. 

If it were up to me and I was EVGA I wouldn't just cut off people as of the 6th when this announcement was made. I'd go and look at every single account that is currently trying to step up some garbage card like a GT 1030 to a 30 series card and cancel every one of them. 

Sorry you weren't smart enough to get a card.  Your username is very appropriate.

Smart enough? Like you who's pissed they can't step up their GT 1030 now? That smart? 

Yeah, I know how to read.  When I bought it, it met the terms and conditions set forth by Evga, they changed those terms after I bought it, that is so incredibly shady.  If your doctor did that, you would sue for fraud.

EVGA isn't your doctor. This wasn't shady, this was them having enough of people like you abusing a system that was put in to protect peoples investments in their card if they happened to buy a card and a newer better card came out. This was never intended to be used so you could buy a GT 1030 then abuse this system to step that up to a 30 series card. 

Can you read? I'm not so sure, had you actually been able to read you'd understand what this means

Dude has almost fourteen thousand posts on here and acts like a child, you can't buy that kind of loyalty.

The only people this affected were regular people that were going for a single card, I already have my four 1030s in stepup. Whatever mental gymnastics helps these guys feel better I suppose.

What models are the four cards are you stepping up to?

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

les_garten
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 11:16:07 (permalink)
bill1024
Bandolier91256
CalebC
PurestGold
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

As his Hillbilly Lawyer, I am advising him not to respond to that question on the grounds that he may alienate 100% of everybody in this thread, and may get his Step Ups cancelled.

nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 11:28:15 (permalink)
It's not like EVGA can't look it up. 

"Response from EVGA 1/08/2022:
Hello
Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we have no plans to extend any grace period for the Step Up program whether that be for cards purchased before the new terms. As this is a promotion and you have already used the system twice with 2 lower tier cards to obtain a 30 series product this is exactly why this program is now restricted. You are free to return the product to the retailer within their return window but we will not be able to assist you with this request. 
Regards EVGA"

Digging into reddit and seeing the backstory is very interesting.  This sure sounds like someone's hands getting slapped away from the cookie jar.

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11110
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 11:31:00 (permalink)
les_garten
bill1024
Bandolier91256
CalebC
PurestGold
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

As his Hillbilly Lawyer, I am advising him not to respond to that question on the grounds that he may alienate 100% of everybody in this thread, and may get his Step Ups cancelled.

What state do you live in and do you have a license to practice law?

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 11:56:21 (permalink)
If the 7 year warranty extension is purchased while in the step-up queue, does that A) mess up the queue position by cancelling it or delaying it? and B) does that warranty transfer to the stepped up card?
Doumi111
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:05:00 (permalink)
Bandolier91256

Still, you have the guts to come here and whine about EVGA being dishonest to their customers. : D

Stop playing white knight, if you have exploited the loophole 4 time already, good for you, but don't brag about it, you're just one more reason the regular people don't get a card.

Eventough I had to hate people trying to exploit the program with the GT 1030 trick, because I'm in the step up queue myself since one year and 3 months, I still had a bit of empathy on this thread for customers not being warned before the changes. Now my mind is fixed, I know exactly why EVGA had to pull the plug like they did. Thank you, I guess. : )

Oh and please, when you're quoting a post that does already have dozens of quotes in it, edit it, so it's still readable...
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:06:21 (permalink)

It transfers and at https://www.evga.com/warranty/extended/ here is the relevant information:

"EVGA Extended Warranty and Step-Up Programs

The EVGA Step-Up program requires the purchase of an Extended Warranty if an eligible product is registered more than fourteen (14) days after the date of purchase. If a Step-up is processed to completion, then the full duration of the Extended Warranty purchased will automatically transfer to the new product at the completion of the Step-up request.
Step-Up products are automatically registered to the original purchaser of the Step-Up eligible product. If an Extended Warranty is purchased on the original product prior to Step-Up, the Extended Warranty will transfer to the Step-Up product and will remain in-effect so long as the original purchaser owns the Step-Up product. If the ownership of the product is transferred to a second-hand owner, the Extended Warranty becomes null and void, and the second-hand owner warranty will be determined based on the original purchase date of the Step-Up product."

Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:13:56 (permalink)
Flint 1760

It transfers and at here is the relevant information:

"EVGA Extended Warranty and Step-Up Programs

The EVGA Step-Up program requires the purchase of an Extended Warranty if an eligible product is registered more than fourteen (14) days after the date of purchase. If a Step-up is processed to completion, then the full duration of the Extended Warranty purchased will automatically transfer to the new product at the completion of the Step-up request.
Step-Up products are automatically registered to the original purchaser of the Step-Up eligible product. If an Extended Warranty is purchased on the original product prior to Step-Up, the Extended Warranty will transfer to the Step-Up product and will remain in-effect so long as the original purchaser owns the Step-Up product. If the ownership of the product is transferred to a second-hand owner, the Extended Warranty becomes null and void, and the second-hand owner warranty will be determined based on the original purchase date of the Step-Up product."

Thanks. I wasn't sure if this was a scenario the FAQ didn't cover and would result in something undesirable happening. I would think that the extended warranty on say a 3090 would cost more than a 1650 so buying the extended warranty on a 1650 and then stepping up would mean you got that warranty extension for less. So EVGA could A) cancel the step-up B) cancel the extended warranty and hopefully refund it or C) [and rightfully so] look to collect the diff in the warranty costs.
PH55103
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:15:20 (permalink)
What I'd like to know is when the first Step-up to a 30 series card from a 210, 710 or 1030 happened.  I'm guessing it was some time ago.
Sarahp
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:35:33 (permalink)
I don’t understand the whole “only those that were affected were trying to game the system.” Game what system? Game what? I can’t even PLAY a game because I can’t get a single card. I was hoping to use a system in place by the rules set. Some of us are low income, struggling for hours, and to be at a loss now for something that over the holidays we had been planning on using. Heck, if there were any 1030 cards in stock locally I would have been able to join before this announcement. However, I had to ship one from across the country and due to weather, the card I was going to step up took since 2021 to get here. Now I’m literally at the loss of an entire days work and I still won’t be able to have a usable system.

I don’t understand the people that are “happy” for legitimate customers getting screwed. I also don’t understand EVGA’s response to just null everyone. Ok, if someone had stepped up a card prior, maybe….but even for those of us that hadn’t done ANY. That’s just terrible customer service even if the terms stated that the program could change. No company I’ve ever done business with has just let real customers of their product fall through the cracks with their arms in the air and demonizing them for using a program to the terms and agreements.

I read the fine print. I wasn’t being shady. I don’t have a garage full of cards. I make less per year than some here do in a month. This just sucks, and the response from EVGA’s staff is just icing on the cake as far as offensive and disheartening.
Glenn18073
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:46:45 (permalink)
Sarahp
I don’t understand the whole “only those that were affected were trying to game the system.” Game what system? Game what? I can’t even PLAY a game because I can’t get a single card. I was hoping to use a system in place by the rules set. Some of us are low income, struggling for hours, and to be at a loss now for something that over the holidays we had been planning on using. Heck, if there were any 1030 cards in stock locally I would have been able to join before this announcement. However, I had to ship one from across the country and due to weather, the card I was going to step up took since 2021 to get here. Now I’m literally at the loss of an entire days work and I still won’t be able to have a usable system.

I don’t understand the people that are “happy” for legitimate customers getting screwed. I also don’t understand EVGA’s response to just null everyone. Ok, if someone had stepped up a card prior, maybe….but even for those of us that hadn’t done ANY. That’s just terrible customer service even if the terms stated that the program could change. No company I’ve ever done business with has just let real customers of their product fall through the cracks with their arms in the air and demonizing them for using a program to the terms and agreements.

I read the fine print. I wasn’t being shady. I don’t have a garage full of cards. I make less per year than some here do in a month. This just sucks, and the response from EVGA’s staff is just icing on the cake as far as offensive and disheartening.

If this sob story is to be believed, then you'd be the exception. Contact EVGA and see if they can work with you to find a resolution. The program is voluntary on the part of EVGA. They owe you nothing and you have zero rights of expectation.
You purchased a card which entitles you to a warranty, that it the limit of their obligation to you, to honor that warranty within the frame work of the stated warranty rules. You were counting chickens that hadn't hatched when you purchased the card.
That chicken being the step-up program. It's unfortunate for you that the egg turned out to be unfertilized. 

The responses from the EVGA tech here are, as has been stated numerous times, his views and his views alone. As an employee, he is entitled to the same luxury of an opinion as you are. 
His opinion differentiates from yours so you are annoyed by that, your prerogative, but you can't lambaste him or EVGA for having it. Your opinion can go so far as to suggest he should use a personal account for those posts but the angry mob here would just
accuse him of being an EVGA employee anyway, as they have with me, and he'd be lying to deny it whereas I am not (when I deny it) so by process of elimination, everyone would know he was an employee anyway and by then, he'd be taken to task for trying to "hide it". Can't win or lose so just BE.
mjmonckton
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:47:22 (permalink)
After seeing the #shameonEVGA on twitter in reference to the step up program I had to grab my popcorn and check things out. A handful of people belittling, and even celebrating peoples frustrations, including mods and long time forum users? Just wow. Sure we all loathe scalpers, and many people blame miners, but to just to celebrate everyday peoples frustrations? Crazy stuff.  To everyone who 'got their hands caught in the cookie jar', just wanting to finally get a GPU, I hope things works out for you eventually. To those abusing the system, see what you did to step up. To those laughing in their faces, shame on you. I hope you step on a lego.

Grayson's Craft Hot Sauce
CalebC
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:47:50 (permalink)
PH55103
What I'd like to know is when the first Step-up to a 30 series card from a 210, 710 or 1030 happened.  I'm guessing it was some time ago.

It's been months. Anyone could have told you this was going to end up abused, EVGA management was just asleep at the wheel. 

Sarahp

Sorry you got caught in the crossfire man. System obviously was getting abused by scalpers/miners, but how EVGA implemented it really screwed over people like you. It was an open-secret that EVGA was making this change in mid-december, a vast majority of the people that were abusing the program got in before it closed.
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 12:48:15 (permalink)
EVGA staff has in fact been very professional.  You're not being demonized by them.
You all lost the community when certain people fed us a very one-sided version of the story - leaving out key details.  Then we found out "the rest of the story."  

00joshua
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 13:05:53 (permalink)
I would like to ask, once again, why are the people who bought GTX 1660 Supers at EVGA's stated MSRP being lumped in with the people buying laughably weak $100 GT 1030's?

This isn't some crappy card like the GT 1030  that no adult gamer would be caught dead using. EVGA is still actively making GTX 1660 supers, and they recently raised their MSRP to reflect this. For those that don't remember, the GTX 1660 Super came out more than a year after the RTX 20-series launched. Its release date is closer to that of the 3080 than the 2080. Even if there were 20-series cards on offer, restricting the GTX 1660 Super to ONLY 20-series cards would be a Step Backward, and that goes against the spirit of the program.

Never mind the fact that there are currently zero cards that the 1660 Super is allowed to Step-Up to... This is a really scummy change.

post edited by 00joshua - 2022/01/09 13:07:58
mjmonckton
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 13:20:16 (permalink)
00joshua
I would like to ask, once again, why are the people who bought GTX 1660 Supers at EVGA's stated MSRP being lumped in with the people buying laughably weak $100 GT 1030's?

And there probably isn't a single person that bought a card for step-up to be used to step to one of the new rumored cards or could only find a low end card or off series card. Everyone is guilty by association it seems.

Grayson's Craft Hot Sauce
nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 13:39:33 (permalink)
mjmonckton
00joshua

And there probably isn't a single person that bought a card for step-up to be used to step to one of the new rumored cards or could only find a low end card or off series card. Everyone is guilty by association it seems.

EVGA provided a upgrade path for both the GT and GTX to the 30xx series for 15 months.  The GTX is an actual budget gaming card that should have an upgrade path beyond the 2060 12GB, such as the RTX 3050 which is also a budget gaming card.  Even the 3060.

The people who have used this loophole many multiple times seem to have ruined it for everyone.  

(removed quotes that were removed by Cool GTX, earlier in this thread)
post edited by Cool GTX - 2022/01/09 14:26:17

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 13
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile