EVGA

EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022)

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 13
Author
CalebC
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:10:37 (permalink)
bovineblitz
Glenn18073
bovineblitz

How can I be part of the problem if I've never use step up in my life?

If you've never used it and aren't currently in possession of a card presently excluded from stepping up to a 30xx series card, then you aren't.
If you have a 1030 and was looking to step up to a 30xx series card and your Victoria's Secret/Tommy Johns are in a bunch, then you are part of the problem.

He said people with lots of cards are "part of the problem", that's what I was responding to.

According to craptacular you are not allowed to use your money to buy too many of something he wants. Pretty fitting opinion for the name.
post edited by CalebC - 2022/01/08 19:40:01
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:51:00 (permalink)
CODKill
You're absolutely right. I can't tell you how many times I read that page in the past few days, but the verbage never clicked because the products available didn't match with what was being said. So really nothing should be available to step up to at the moment since nothing has been released in the past 90 days? Like I said, I've never attempted to use the program before now, so if that's what it was supposed to be, I'm all for it. But it sounds like it will still not work as described for people in my position, since new products will be released in the next 90 days and we won't be eligible for them, right?

In the end, it is my opinion that EVGA should remove any product that is available to step up to after the 90 window from release.

The program was intended to protect people from an rumored/impending launch. It hasn’t been run that way, but it really should change further, and there should be a hard limit on how long a product stays on the list.

Yes, the program was able to be abused (even if inadvertently) because people found that useless old products were the gateway to jumping a line.

I don’t blame people for wanting to find a way to get into the step up, but Reddit has caused a lot of really great programs to get cancelled by abusing the purpose of them, and this is just another example. The programs were never cancelled because of the honest people using the program as intended. Every program was cancelled because Reddit told people how to abuse the process and the intent.

EVGA is removing ways for Reddit to abuse programs, and a few innocent bystanders are caught in the mix, because Reddit said.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/08 19:53:13
CalebC
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:56:59 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
CODKill
You're absolutely right. I can't tell you how many times I read that page in the past few days, but the verbage never clicked because the products available didn't match with what was being said. So really nothing should be available to step up to at the moment since nothing has been released in the past 90 days? Like I said, I've never attempted to use the program before now, so if that's what it was supposed to be, I'm all for it. But it sounds like it will still not work as described for people in my position, since new products will be released in the next 90 days and we won't be eligible for them, right?

In the end, it is my opinion that EVG should remove any product that is available to step up to after the 90 window from release.

The program was intended to protect people from an rumored/impending launch. It hasn’t been run that way, but it really should change.

Yes, the program was able to be abused (even if inadvertently) because people found that useless old products were the gateway to jumping a line.

I don’t blame people for wanting to find a way to get into the step up, but Reddit has caused a lot of programs to get cancelled by abusing the purpose of them, and this is just another victim. The programs were never cancelled because of the honest people using the program as intended. Every program was cancelled because Reddit told people how to abuse the process.

EVGA is removing ways for Reddit to abuse programs, and a few innocent bystanders are caught in the mix, because Reddit said.

What's with you a blaming reddit and discord for everything like it's some boogey man? The step up was profitable for miners and scalpers so they abused it. This behavior would exist without Reddit. Anyone could have told you at the start of 2021 step-up would be a vulnerability and prone to abuse, but EVGA management got caught asleep at the wheel and launched a fix in the absolute worse way possible. It's EVGA elite membership posting abuse all over again, but yes let's blame Reddit instead of EVGA management not paying attention and doing their jobs.
post edited by CalebC - 2022/01/08 20:01:02
Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:57:19 (permalink)
Glenn18073
bovineblitz

If you've never used it and aren't currently in possession of a card presently excluded from stepping up to a 30xx series card, then you aren't.
If you have a 1030 and was looking to step up to a 30xx series card and your Victoria's Secret/Tommy Johns are in a bunch, then you are part of the problem.

EVGA made the Step Up loophole worse when they stopped allowing any signups to regular queue.

Now to repeat myself. When’s the regular queue reopening?

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
bovineblitz
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:58:28 (permalink)
Sonikku13
Glenn18073
bovineblitz

EVGA made the Step Up loophole worse when they stopped allowing any signups to regular queue.

WEN???
CalebC
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 19:59:14 (permalink)
Sonikku13
Glenn18073
bovineblitz

Mike confirmed next week for sure.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:06:57 (permalink)
CalebC
What's with you a blaming reddit and discord for everything like it's some boogey man? The step up was profitable for miners and scalpers so they abused it. This behavior would exist without Reddit. Anyone could have told you at the start of 2021 last year that step-up would be a vulnerability and prone to abuse, but EVGA management got caught asleep at the wheel and launched a fix in the absolute worse way possible. It's EVGA elite membership posting abuse all over again, but yes let's blame Reddit instead of EVGA management not paying attention and doing their jobs.

Ah, you’re from Reddit I take it?

It’s not a boogey man, it’s a toxic dumpster fire. Numerous people admit that Reddit and discord servers told them how to game the systems, openly admitting that they had abused the EAR program until it got cancelled completely.

They aren’t a boogeyman, I promise. It’s funny that only those from Reddit try to defend the Reddit mentality.

Want to know how many people have impersonated me on EVGA forums, Overclock.eat, Heatware, and other non-Reddit forums to scam people? 0. Do you know how many EVGA forum members have had their account names stolen by a Reddit user so that a Reddit user can scam other Reddit users? Too many to count.
Reddit=toxic dumpster fire. The admins over there don’t even care about people scamming each other.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/08 20:11:50
Sonikku13
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:09:07 (permalink)
Made worse by the regular queue not being open for new waitlist signups.

EVGA Associates Code: FZIRLZR4QBEK4WU
CalebC
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:10:11 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
CalebC
What's with you a blaming reddit and discord for everything like it's some boogey man? The step up was profitable for miners and scalpers so they abused it. This behavior would exist without Reddit. Anyone could have told you at the start of 2021 last year that step-up would be a vulnerability and prone to abuse, but EVGA management got caught asleep at the wheel and launched a fix in the absolute worse way possible. It's EVGA elite membership posting abuse all over again, but yes let's blame Reddit instead of EVGA management not paying attention and doing their jobs.

Ah, you’re from Reddit I take it?

It’s not a boogey man, it’s a toxic dumpster fire. Numerous people admit that Reddit and discord servers told them how to game the systems, openly admitting that they had abused the EAR program until it got cancelled completely.

They aren’t a boogeyman, I promise. It’s funny that only those from Reddit try to defend the Reddit mentality.

Have you ever taken a look at yourself man? You're a forum moderator trashing another internet forum. There's plenty of worthwhile communities over at Reddit.

Toxic dumpster fire? You've got people in this exact thread mocking people that put their good faith in EVGA and tried to play by the rules and got screwed. The double standard is atrocious. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:17:09 (permalink)
CalebC
Have you ever taken a look at yourself man? You're a forum moderator trashing another internet forum. There's plenty of worthwhile communities over at Reddit.

Toxic dumpster fire? You've got people in this exact thread mocking people that put their good faith in EVGA and tried to play by the rules and got screwed. The double standard is atrocious. 

Yeah, there are plenty of worthwhile communities on every forum. Reddit is the only one that I have seen openly encourage toxic behavior and not actively shut it down. I literally had to witness 5 people lose their money because a Reddit user stole my username and scammed people using my heatware profile as their “proof they were a good seller.”

You trying to change my mind will never change my mind on Reddit. I have followed Reddit for years and the proof readily available for what Reddit can do when it decides to abuse a process.

I have been removing or editing posts as I can today. If you take issue with what someone has posted, report it through the report feature and explain what TOS is being violated so we can remove or edit it.

Discord is a whole different level, since people can create their own forum, and there isn’t an actual admin process that I am aware of.
Grimlocks
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:34:44 (permalink)
This is legit one of the weirdest threads I've ever seen.  Real people are losing real money because of the way EVGA handled things. Maybe there are some "reddit people" and scalpers caught in this, but there are a lot of regular people that will not get back 100% of the money they spent. College kids on a limited budget, parents buying their kids a present, people on part time hours, etc. Real customers being affected by the way the change was implemented. And you people are in here finding all kinds of strawmen to project onto. I can't believe any company with as good a reputation for taking care of their customers would just willingly decide to go "it needs to change and screw the normal customers that get caught in the middle of this."

There are a lot of new accounts posting on this because most people would rather be gaming or hanging out with friends on discord, teamspeak, or wherever instead of posting on a tech forum. The people that are affected by the change after being EVGA customers are the ones posting. That's what people do when they are affected by something, they try to figure out what happened and see if it was a mistake or can be fixed.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/08 20:41:13
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14533
  • Ribbons : 222
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:40:28 (permalink)
CalebC
bovineblitz
Glenn18073
bovineblitz

He said people with lots of cards are "part of the problem", that's what I was responding to.

According to craptacular you are not allowed to use your money to buy too many of something he wants. Pretty fitting opinion for the name.

Something I want? No I have my cards I needed for my builds. I want for very few things as I am at a place in my life where I’m financially secure and savvy enough to be able to get what I need for myself by checking stock, monitoring announcements and staying in the know about hot items. 

What pisses me off are people like you that try to game the system and get good things taken away from all of us just like you people did with the heavily modified and dumbed down step up program. No one in their right mind buys A GT 1030 with the intent to step up to a 30 series card. The only people that do that are those like yourself that are trying to game the system. 

In a way I’m glad EVGA caught you with your pants down and stranded you with a garbage gaming card. All of you, I have no sympathy for dirtbags that get everything good taken from us. You all are in a blind rush to get cards to either scalp or mine on. 

Keep crying here on the forums, your tears are delicious. 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 20:47:56 (permalink)
Grimlocks
This is legit one of the weirdest threads I've ever seen.  Real people are losing real money because of the way EVGA handled things. Maybe there are some "reddit people" and scalpers caught in this, but there are a lot of regular people that will not get back 100% of the money they spent. College kids on a limited budget, parents buying their kids a present, people on part time hours, etc. Real customers being affected by the way the change was implemented. And you people are in here finding all kinds of strawmen to project onto. I can't believe any company with as good a reputation for taking care of their customers would just willingly decide to go "it needs to change and screw the normal customers that get caught in the middle of this."

There are a lot of new accounts posting on this because most people would rather be gaming or hanging out with friends on discord, teamspeak, or wherever instead of posting on a tech forum. The people that are affected by the change after being EVGA customers are the ones posting. That's what people do when they are affected by something, they try to figure out what happened and see if it was a mistake or can be fixed.

Oh take your boo hoo sob story some where else. "Oh poor mommy just wanted to buy a card for little Jimmy" or the "college kid looking to game" or part time hours that can't afford it. Get out of here with that trash. You know what they all have in common in this instance? THEY ALL GOT CAUGHT TRYING TO GAME THE SYSTEM. 

They are all part of the reason this program like those before it got castrated. If they couldn't afford it or don't have much income what business do they have trying to step up to a $900 card in the first place??!? Your argument holds no water, these were just a bunch of dirtbags that ruined a good thing because of greed. 

If it were up to me and I was EVGA I wouldn't just cut off people as of the 6th when this announcement was made. I'd go and look at every single account that is currently trying to step up some garbage card like a GT 1030 to a 30 series card and cancel every one of them.

Grimlocks
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:05:07 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Oh take your boo hoo sob story some where else. "Oh poor mommy just wanted to buy a card for little Jimmy" or the "college kid looking to game" or part time hours that can't afford it. Get out of here with that trash. You know what they all have in common in this instance? THEY ALL GOT CAUGHT TRYING TO GAME THE SYSTEM. 

They are all part of the reason this program like those before it got castrated. If they couldn't afford it or don't have much income what business do they have trying to step up to a $900 card in the first place??!? Your argument holds no water, these were just a bunch of dirtbags that ruined a good thing because of greed. 

If it were up to me and I was EVGA I wouldn't just cut off people as of the 6th when this announcement was made. I'd go and look at every single account that is currently trying to step up some garbage card like a GT 1030 to a 30 series card and cancel every one of them. 

If you don't know any poor gamers that have saved up for a GPU, I doubt your credentials as a gamer. If you think you only people gaming the system got caught up in this, I doubt your intellect. The fact of the matter is that like it or not, they set up the program as a de facto upgrade program. No one is saying they shouldn't change it. They're just pissed that a corporation is screwing over everyday people in their haste to make the change. How you don't understand that or willingly decide to ignore it on some schadenfreudig crusade against whoever it is you think you're railing against is frankly pathetic. I dislike crypto miners and scalpers as much as everyone that's been trying to get a GPU for the last eternity, but this is ridiculous. You're a bit unhinged. Not only are you happy a "loophole" was closed, you shout with glee that people will lose money. That lack of empathy is disturbing.
bcarg007
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:08:11 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Sorry you weren't smart enough to get a card.  Your username is very appropriate.
bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:12:07 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
CalebC

Yeah, there are plenty of worthwhile communities on every forum. Reddit is the only one that I have seen openly encourage toxic behavior and not actively shut it down. I literally had to witness 5 people lose their money because a Reddit user stole my username and scammed people using my heatware profile as their “proof they were a good seller.”

You trying to change my mind will never change my mind on Reddit. I have followed Reddit for years and the proof readily available for what Reddit can do when it decides to abuse a process.

I have been removing or editing posts as I can today. If you take issue with what someone has posted, report it through the report feature and explain what TOS is being violated so we can remove or edit it.

Discord is a whole different level, since people can create their own forum, and there isn’t an actual admin process that I am aware of.

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with Reddit.  I don't even have a Reddit account or whatever.  As a "Mod" allowing and participating in slandering Evga customers is pretty pathetic.
les_garten
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:14:12 (permalink)
Trolls get fat and happy the more you feed them...
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:14:17 (permalink)
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Sorry you weren't smart enough to get a card.  Your username is very appropriate.

Smart enough? Like you who's pissed they can't step up their GT 1030 now? That smart?

bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:15:46 (permalink)
This whole situation is bizarre.  Loyal Evga customers, that have spent tens of thousands of dollars buying Evga gear, came here because we feel like we got screwed.  So, we are met with slander, false accusations and vitriol, buy the company that we gave money to.  Brilliant...  

bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:18:50 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Smart enough? Like you who's pissed they can't step up their GT 1030 now? That smart? 

Yeah, I know how to read.  When I bought it, it met the terms and conditions set forth by Evga, they changed those terms after I bought it, that is so incredibly shady.  If your doctor did that, you would sue for fraud.
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:20:23 (permalink)
bcarg007
This whole situation is bizarre.  Loyal Evga customers, that have spent tens of thousands of dollars buying Evga gear, came here because we feel like we got screwed.  So, we are met with slander, false accusations and vitriol, buy the company that we gave money to.  Brilliant...  

Because you people got yet another thing that we as customers valued taken away from us by abusing it. How are you that dense to not be able to see that? We are pissed because people like you are ruining good things for the rest of us. 

CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:25:08 (permalink)
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Yeah, I know how to read.  When I bought it, it met the terms and conditions set forth by Evga, they changed those terms after I bought it, that is so incredibly shady.  If your doctor did that, you would sue for fraud.

EVGA isn't your doctor. This wasn't shady, this was them having enough of people like you abusing a system that was put in to protect peoples investments in their card if they happened to buy a card and a newer better card came out. This was never intended to be used so you could buy a GT 1030 then abuse this system to step that up to a 30 series card. 

Can you read? I'm not so sure, had you actually been able to read you'd understand what this means

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:29:24 (permalink)
I'm done, this forum is filled with disgruntled former Evga customers, and rightfully so.  There is a "Mod" that has no problem with two or three forum members insulting and libeling, paying Evga customers, which really makes no sense when Evga just made a move that is guaranteed to piss off thousands of their customers.  Then there is Glen, the old guy, that still thinks "Millennials" are teenagers, even though the youngest ones are in their thirties.  You are "self-employed" because no one wants to work with a moron.  You guys win, you are all super-smart and I, and the other 90% of people complaining here are definitely the "dumb" ones.   Well-played, you can have your terrible forum back.

CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:31:05 (permalink)
bcarg007
I'm done, this forum is filled with disgruntled former Evga customers, and rightfully so.  There is a "Mod" that has no problem with two or three forum members insulting and libeling, paying Evga customers, which really makes no sense when Evga just made a move that is guaranteed to piss off thousands of their customers.  Then there is Glen, the old guy, that still thinks "Millennials" are teenagers, even though the youngest ones are in their thirties.  You are "self-employed" because no one wants to work with a moron.  You guys win, you are all super-smart and I, and the other 90% of people complaining here are definitely the "dumb" ones.   Well-played, you can have your terrible forum back.

Good, leave no one cares. 

bcarg007
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:31:33 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

EVGA isn't your doctor. This wasn't shady, this was them having enough of people like you abusing a system that was put in to protect peoples investments in their card if they happened to buy a card and a newer better card came out. This was never intended to be used so you could buy a GT 1030 then abuse this system to step that up to a 30 series card. 

Can you read? I'm not so sure, had you actually been able to read you'd understand what this means

Good luck yelling at clouds, old angry, not real smart, guy.
CraptacularOne
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:32:35 (permalink)
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

Enjoy your GT 1030 smart guy 

mavergara25
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 21:56:27 (permalink)
Ahh yes, we see what EVGA has become now.

Like so many of these people on here, who enjoy seeing others suffer and make up random unsubstantiated nonsense about random people abusing a program, EVGA seems to enjoy seeing their customers suffer.

We have a couple of very terrible, mean, and in my opinion less than intelligent people looking for some way to defend the terrible customer service EVGA decided to implement. No matter what random nonsense you make up in your heads, the facts are pretty straight forward.

1. This decision is terrible way to treat your customers

2. EVGA had an opportunity to close or restrict the program without causing customer discontent, but instead chose a path that would harm the most amount of customers.

3. With this decision EVGA is saying, F U customers we don’t really care about you anymore.

Can an EVGA representative respond?

Why did EVGA decide to suddenly restrict the program knowing it would cause the most pain to their customers, instead of simply saying starting today, any cards purchased from this day forward are no longer bound by the old rules.

Like seriously guys, grandfathering in those previous purchases is the ethical and right thing to do. There really is no way you can argue against that.
PurestGold
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 23:46:22 (permalink)
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

How much does EVGA pay you to shill for them?
CalebC
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/08 23:49:00 (permalink)
PurestGold
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
bcarg007
CraptacularOne
Grimlocks

How much does EVGA pay you to shill for them? 

Dude has almost fourteen thousand posts on here and acts like a child, you can't buy that kind of loyalty.
PurestGold
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Step-Up Program Updates (1/6/2022) 2022/01/09 00:04:29 (permalink)
Hmn sounds like an undercover EVGA employee trying to make themselves look good. I'd be embarrassed for them if this is their guy. 
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 13
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile