EVGA

EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 16 of 21
Author
Ansrala
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/06 10:13:05 (permalink)
phroze

Ansrala
I would love some sort of update on the Hydro copper cards. My Strix 2080Ti crapped out on me and warranty is void due to the custom block. I would happily throw $800 to $900 at one of these cards with a block already on it to make my problems go away.

Do you live in the USA? If so the warranty void if removed sticker is null and void and actually illegal. As long as you put the original cooler back on they need to accept the RMA unless you broke it. If you live elsewhere the laws of right to repair may not cover you.
I asked their customer service about and was told that the warranty was void because I put a water block on it. Not because I messed with a sticker. Would love to hear they can't do that. I do live in usa
phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/06 10:17:49 (permalink)
Ansrala
phroze

Ansrala
I would love some sort of update on the Hydro copper cards. My Strix 2080Ti crapped out on me and warranty is void due to the custom block. I would happily throw $800 to $900 at one of these cards with a block already on it to make my problems go away.

Do you live in the USA? If so the warranty void if removed sticker is null and void and actually illegal. As long as you put the original cooler back on they need to accept the RMA unless you broke it. If you live elsewhere the laws of right to repair may not cover you.
I asked their customer service about and was told that the warranty was void because I put a water block on it. Not because I messed with a sticker. Would love to hear they can't do that. I do live in usa

Put the original cooler on and get an RMA and send it in. Tell them you repasted it because of poor thermal performance if they ask. It is illegal for them to not allow you to work on your own device.

https://www.digitaltrends...%20Commission%20noted.

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
PopinFRESH007
  • Total Posts : 98
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/06 12:55:54 (permalink)
VEVEAUCENT
Now that the break is over has there been any word on the HC series?

Jacob mentioned on Twitter that they should have a better idea of an ETA on HC blocks hopefully sometime this week.
phroze

Ansrala

This isn't true. Some individual states have some right to repair laws.
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/06 14:44:55 (permalink)
PopinFRESH007
VEVEAUCENT

Jacob mentioned on Twitter that they should have a better idea of an ETA on HC blocks hopefully sometime this week.
phroze

Ansrala

What's not true? I am saying that here in the USA we have the right to repair. They cannot withhold a warranty just because the device has been worked on/taken apart. That's a fact.

Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
PopinFRESH007
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/07 13:39:21 (permalink)
phroze
PopinFRESH007
VEVEAUCENT

phroze

Ansrala

What's not true? I am saying that here in the USA we have the right to repair. They cannot withhold a warranty just because the device has been worked on/taken apart. That's a fact.

Your assertion is incorrect. If you go take a gander at repair.org you'll see that is the case. Many states have proposed legislation, however, that does not equate to law. Also many of the proposed legislation do not preclude voiding warranty from modifications and focus on ensuring reasonable technical documentation, such as repair manuals, are available to owners. Your assertion that there is a national "right to repair" law that blankets everything is incorrect. 
post edited by PopinFRESH007 - 2021/01/07 15:00:39
cpk72
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/07 14:05:31 (permalink)
They're teasing pictures of the Kingpin hydro copper
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/07 17:38:50 (permalink)
PopinFRESH007
phroze
PopinFRESH007
VEVEAUCENT

phroze

Ansrala

Your assertion is incorrect. If you go take a gander at repair.org you'll see that is the case. Many states have proposed legislation, however, that does not equate to law. Also many of the proposed legislation do not preclude voiding warranty from modifications and focus on ensuring reasonable technical documentation, such as repair manuals, are available to owners. Your assertion that there is a national "right to repair" law that blankets everything is incorrect. 
There are state laws that protect right to repair and there are also federal laws.
https://www.bbc.com/news/...misleading%20language.
post edited by phroze - 2021/01/08 07:32:41

labeld
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/07 19:18:16 (permalink)
I just want to be sure I can get a stand alone block for my Hybrid KPE...

veedubfreak
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/11 10:54:52 (permalink)
If they start voiding warranties for putting a waterblock on I'll be sad.  EVGA is one of the few companies left anymore that doesn't outright try to deny warranty coverage for popping the heatsink.
_Gir_
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 332
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/11 11:34:24 (permalink)
labeld

PopinFRESH007
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/11 12:51:47 (permalink)
phroze
PopinFRESH007
phroze
PopinFRESH007
VEVEAUCENT

phroze

Ansrala

There are state laws that protect right to repair and there are also federal laws.
https://www.bbc.com/news/...misleading%20language.

Contrary to your belief, the FTC does not have the power to create laws. The Magnuson-Moss act is the law you are referring to which the FTC created rules to clarify that legislation to an extended set of devices and circumstances for purposes of their execution of enforcement of that law. This [the interpretation of the law] has not yet been adjudicated at the federal level nor does Magnuson-Moss preclude the voiding of warranty as a result of modification. The FTC stating how they have interpreted the law and will be enforcing it does not change the law. I'm sure this topic will be either superseded by one of the bills that have been recommended to congress or Magnuson-Moss will be adjudicated as interpreted, however, this hasn't happened yet.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/federal_register_notices/2015/05/150522mag-mossfrn.pdf

The below excerpt is one of the emboldened passages to their interpretation of the Magnuson-Moss act.

In addition, warranty language that implies to a consumer acting reasonably in the circumstances that warranty coverage requires the consumer’s purchase of an article or service identified by brand, trade or corporate name is similarly deceptive. For example, a provision in the warranty such as, “use only an authorized ‘ABC’ dealer” or “use only ‘ABC’ replacement parts,” is prohibited where the service or parts are not provided free of charge pursuant to the warranty. This does not preclude a warrantor from expressly excluding liability for defects or damage caused by “unauthorized” articles or service; nor does it preclude the warrantor from denying liability where the warrantor can demonstrate that the defect or damage was so caused.

Again, this is not legislation and is the FTC's interpretation of the legislation upon which they are responsible for executing. They are neither a judicial or legislative body. A manufacture is able to deny warranty where modification can be resultant of the defect or damage.

Lastly, it is irresponsible to suggest fraud as a recourse to warranty denial due to the modification of installing a 3rd party water block as you've suggested here.

phroze
Put the original cooler on and get an RMA and send it in. Tell them you repasted it because of poor thermal performance if they ask.

Seeking redress from the FTC or the court would be the correct course of action if they believe the denial of warranty is in violation of Magnuson-Moss as interpreted by the FTC.
xfactor23
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 06:47:15 (permalink)
Prices just went up on all the EVGA cards. FTW Hydro copper $849 to $929 and XC3 Hydro copper from $809 to $899.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 06:49:53 (permalink)
xfactor23
Prices just went up on all the EVGA cards. FTW Hydro copper $849 to $929 and XC3 Hydro copper from $809 to $899.

Yup. But if you were already on the queue prior to Monday 01/11/2021, you will get the old price, providing your number comes up by April 16th, 2021.

EVGA_JacobF
Dear Customer,

Due to ongoing events, EVGA has made price adjustments on the GeForce RTX 30 Series products. This change was necessary due to several factors and will be effective January 11, 2021. EVGA has worked to reduce and minimize these costs as much as possible.

For those who are currently in the EVGA.com Notify Queue system or Step-Up Queue, EVGA will honor the original MSRP pricing through April 16th, 2021 if your purchase position is processed before this date.

Thanks,
EVGA

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

xfactor23
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 06:52:24 (permalink)
Which is really cool except for the fact there has been no queue for any of the hydro coppers.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 06:55:06 (permalink)
xfactor23
Which is really cool except for the fact there has been no queue for any of the hydro coppers.

Yeah I mentioned that on another thread. No response. :/

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

clcorbin
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 08:07:15 (permalink)
PopinFRESH007
phroze
PopinFRESH007
VEVEAUCENT

phroze

Ansrala

There is a HUGE difference between "right to repair" and "honoring a warranty".  Look up "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act".  That is a law from the late 1970's that puts a LOT of restrictions on what companies can or cannot do in regards to a warranty.  For example, Ford can't say "you must use Ford Motorcraft oil xyz or your warranty is void!".  They CAN say "you must use an oil that meets API xyz specs or your warranty is void!".  The biggest (most often ignored) bit is that to void a warranty based on what the consumer did, the vendor has to prove that what the customer did is what CAUSED the fault.  So using an aftermarket waterblock in and of itself will not void a warranty unless they can prove that you used a crappy block that caused issues or you installed it incorrectly and that caused issues.
labeld
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 14:26:45 (permalink)
_Gir_
labeld

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

jimmy jams
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 18:31:37 (permalink)

There is a HUGE difference between "right to repair" and "honoring a warranty".  Look up "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act".  That is a law from the late 1970's that puts a LOT of restrictions on what companies can or cannot do in regards to a warranty.  For example, Ford can't say "you must use Ford Motorcraft oil xyz or your warranty is void!".  They CAN say "you must use an oil that meets API xyz specs or your warranty is void!".  The biggest (most often ignored) bit is that to void a warranty based on what the consumer did, the vendor has to prove that what the customer did is what CAUSED the fault.  So using an aftermarket waterblock in and of itself will not void a warranty unless they can prove that you used a crappy block that caused issues or you installed it incorrectly and that caused issues.

yep i agree the issue is that with the modified card even if he didnt break it it would be hard to prove if the modification was the cause or if it was faulty from the beginning . i can say for one thing in the world of  cars if you mod a car when its under warranty the dealer can refuse you. for example if i mod my exhaust and somewhere down the line i get a rattle they dont have to fix it. i see this as no different. if a dealer can void your cars warranty for modifying it then i can easily see how a card maker can. this is why im afraid to buy a card and add a block to it. it would suck if the card failed and i had just voided my warranty 
jimmy jams
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/12 18:39:59 (permalink)
cpk72
allenwr1505
3080ti was leaked on asus website. This kind of makes me want to wait for a 3080 ti hydrocopper.

Waiting is always an option, I am curious the performance difference between the upcoming ti and the other two.

being that they probably dont wanna cannibalize  the 3090 which only is like 10-15% better than a 3080 im sure the ti version wont be much more powerful and only have more vram. sadly for general gaming im willing to bet the gpu chip will bottleneck b4 the vram does and by the time the vram does you will be buying a new gpu.
VEVEAUCENT
  • Total Posts : 94
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/13 08:24:11 (permalink)
jimmy jams
being that they probably dont wanna cannibalize  the 3090 which only is like 10-15% better than a 3080 im sure the ti version wont be much more powerful and only have more vram. sadly for general gaming im willing to bet the gpu chip will bottleneck b4 the vram does and by the time the vram does you will be buying a new gpu.

The few limited studies I've seen on VRAM usage suggest that higher resolutions use slightly more VRAM and that more detailed textures use vastly more VRAM. They also suggest that using higher resolution textures has a minimal impact on raster performance and a huge impact on visual fidelity. Another thing to note is most utilities report reserved VRAM not actual VRAM utilisation. So it will likely be a situation of if you're happy with current gen textures and don't render, save a buck and get the non Ti. I could see the Ti model being very popular for anyone that does high resolution video editing as the differences will be more pronounced there than in gaming.

Code: R3PB6P4EUTU6SGA
Don't forget to use an associates code at checkout for a discount. (3% for GPUs and up to 10% on other items)

obfuscurity
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/16 15:18:00 (permalink)
This extended delay on HC cards with no transparency on the timeline is immensely frustrating.
VEVEAUCENT
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/16 15:33:55 (permalink)
obfuscurity
This extended delay on HC cards with no transparency on the timeline is immensely frustrating.

Except they have been transparent. There was a manufacturing defect and they've gone back to the drawing board to resolve it. I don't think we will get an ETA until they have their first few working blocks off the line and they're on route to distributors. I stand by my estimate that we shouldn't expect anything before late February. (Again that's my estimate, nothing official from EVGA)

Don't forget to use an associates code at checkout for a discount. (3% for GPUs and up to 10% on other items)

moonlight123
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/18 08:08:33 (permalink)
cant wait the card
Dwarfy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 704
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/18 08:39:39 (permalink)
https://www.asus.com/us/support/Article/925/

The Asus warranty should be fine as long as you did not physically damage the card and can restore it with the original cooler.
sunlight0
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/22 05:40:29 (permalink)
I need the latest  news of the kingpin hydro cooper 
VEVEAUCENT
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/22 06:50:14 (permalink)
sunlight0
I need the latest  news of the kingpin hydro cooper 

Kingpin block was teased at CES. Jacob confirmed EVGA's intention to make all the blocks purchasable as a stand alone item but did not guarantee that this would ultimately be the case. No update on the manufacturing defects from the original SC and FTW3 designs. No ETA for any block at this time. Keep in mind Lunar New Years will shut production down for 2 weeks in February so if these aren't on a boat or plane before then it may be a March release.
post edited by VEVEAUCENT - 2021/01/22 07:22:01

whyamihereagain
  • Total Posts : 31
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/22 12:53:17 (permalink)
That looks amazing!
xfactor23
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/23 13:38:31 (permalink)
Jacob tweeted “ Hydro is still a ways away unfortunately. Late Feb at earliest looking like right now.” Lol at this point might as well wait for the 4000 series.
VEVEAUCENT
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/23 13:41:59 (permalink)
Well on the bright side, the longer it takes to release the better the financial situation I'll be in to buy one.

christobol
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 250
Re: EVGA 30 Series Hydro Copper Updates 2021/01/23 15:03:07 (permalink)
Jacob's tweet actually said it's looking like March,  someone posted a screen shot in the Kingpin notification tracking thread.

Please consider using my Associate and Rewards codes to save 3-10% off your next EVGA purchase
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 16 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile