EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 16 of 88
Author
TomSchu
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:56:12 (permalink)
shaolinn
TomSchu
ok thanks, have 879 on computeruniverse. didnt know that caseking is priotized. 

I'd look at the wording closely "but some of them, like Caseking, Alternate will be more prioritised, due to the cooperation with Nvidia's Promotion and other reasons."  Just a heads up computeruniverse is also participating in this promotion.

told evga that i ordered at computeruniverse so they could have said that computeruniverse is part of the promotion. but maybe you are right and if not, no problem, i just need my card on point (19.11.) :)

Overdos3
rjohnson11
We've had a few complaints about some of the posts here in this thread. Please be respectful of other forum members even if you don't agree with their comments. If there is repeat behavior this thread will be locked. 

Please do not lock this thread because one guy misbehaved.

who misbehaved? i received an email that one my post has been reported?! what did i say?! ^^
post edited by TomSchu - 2020/10/19 13:59:16
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 195
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 14:47:42 (permalink)
TomSchu
shaolinn
TomSchu
ok thanks, have 879 on computeruniverse. didnt know that caseking is priotized. 

I'd look at the wording closely "but some of them, like Caseking, Alternate will be more prioritised, due to the cooperation with Nvidia's Promotion and other reasons."  Just a heads up computeruniverse is also participating in this promotion.

told evga that i ordered at computeruniverse so they could have said that computeruniverse is part of the promotion. but maybe you are right and if not, no problem, i just need my card on point (19.11.) :)

Overdos3
rjohnson11
We've had a few complaints about some of the posts here in this thread. Please be respectful of other forum members even if you don't agree with their comments. If there is repeat behavior this thread will be locked. 

Please do not lock this thread because one guy misbehaved.

who misbehaved? i received an email that one my post has been reported?! what did i say?! ^^

Just giving the heads up for people who rush to cancel their orders at computeruniverse because of this information only to be put at the very back of queue because of it. I did receive my card from computeruniverse and can confirm that they are actually participating in the Nvidia Promotion. If anyone is worried they will receive their card at caseking faster by filling an order this late then imo  the better option is keeping the order open and filling a 2nd order at caseking. Paypal does have the pay in 14 days option. Then just cancel after whichever order arrives first.

You didn't get reported m8 don't worry  if you edit I think 5 times in a row in a short period of time it locks your post until a moderator reviews and approves it.I did see your post was pending approval.

If anything they probably reported me, because they didn't agree with what I was saying. Although I wasn't the person who called someone stupid in this thread or ignorant, labeled them as troll or used passive aggressive caps and called them uniformed simply because I'm convinced some unverified source is fact. Nor did I go report anyone.  Sure I'll admit I played purposely ignorant and made assumptions per example in the hopes said passive aggressive person would realize what he was doing, but that was it. I also said they won't give out any specific information, which they did not. They merely hinted and named a few examples on an customer email which is the right way to go about getting the information they can actually give
TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 14:58:32 (permalink)
"I did receive my card from computeruniverse and can confirm that they are actually participating in the Nvidia Promotion."

this would be great news! how sure are you about this? how safe is this information? this would safe my day ^^

okay now i got it. dont worry, your comments are valuable and im totally with you: dont cancel the well placed order if you are in a good position. congrats, you were one of the first wave @ computeruniverse :)
lets hope ill get mine soon... computeruniverse has to send out at least 6 cards, one of them is mine :D

if some guys cant wait, dont cancel the order, place a second order with another brand, thats the way to go!
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 15:09:16 (permalink)
Well I'll cross my fingers to see some cards on France too, hopefully on Amazon... Because I'm not buying one at LDLC network where they are at 1100€. I'll die before engaging in this theft  I mean, 80€ more than the original price was enough for me to cancel my XC3 when I saw that for the same price (850€) in France I was supposed to have FTW3 Ultra. :P
All those retailers you're talking about are German or close to Germany, that's so rude I feel so left out !  Though Germany is closer to France than UK (I mean, no water to cross, only roads so it's easier for shipment companies).
TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 15:39:51 (permalink)
i feel you mate. we are in the same boat. lets hope for a fast delivery in germany and then evga can put the focus to france :P

i think theres hope. scan.co.uk is getting evga cards weekly. that shows evga began to deliver to europe. the important thing is the queu position. if someone is #200 or something... this could be a long waiting time. but if you have a good queu position i think you will get your card within the next 3 weeks :P

good night!

EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 15:53:02 (permalink)
I am just in Step-Up so I guess we get our cards last, BE here in between y'all. 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 16:21:40 (permalink)
I thought of step-up, buying a RTX 2000 Series and using that as a stepping stone... The issue being that I'm moving to Ireland early 2021 (probably around March) and considering that 1) Step-ups are " low priority " compared to selling cards, even if they do reserve some of the incoming stock for them 2) EU is getting waaay less stock than US meaning step-up are way slower, I feel like I might not have it before I move and even if I have it before, I'd still want to enjoy it a bit before moving out so... It just feels like a risk too big to take rather than try to snipe one whenever I can in 2020.

As least, the bright side is when I'll be in Ireland, next stock of component in the following years will be easier to get thanks to Scan delivering to Ireland 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 16:28:27 (permalink)
TomSchu
"I did receive my card from computeruniverse and can confirm that they are actually participating in the Nvidia Promotion."

this would be great news! how sure are you about this? how safe is this information? this would safe my day ^^

okay now i got it. dont worry, your comments are valuable and im totally with you: dont cancel the well placed order if you are in a good position. congrats, you were one of the first wave @ computeruniverse :)
lets hope ill get mine soon... computeruniverse has to send out at least 6 cards, one of them is mine :D

if some guys cant wait, dont cancel the order, place a second order with another brand, thats the way to go!

The Nvidia Promotion is Watchdog: Legion and 1 year subscription to GEFORCE NOW. The codes are sent out once your card is shipped out from computeruniverse per email and are claimed on Nvidia Expirience and Nvidia website.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 17:03:12 (permalink)

post edited by shaolinn - 2020/10/19 17:06:48

Attached Image(s)

TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 17:18:38 (permalink)
Huntercyril
I thought of step-up, buying a RTX 2000 Series and using that as a stepping stone... The issue being that I'm moving to Ireland early 2021 (probably around March) and considering that 1) Step-ups are " low priority " compared to selling cards, even if they do reserve some of the incoming stock for them 2) EU is getting waaay less stock than US meaning step-up are way slower, I feel like I might not have it before I move and even if I have it before, I'd still want to enjoy it a bit before moving out so... It just feels like a risk too big to take rather than try to snipe one whenever I can in 2020.

As least, the bright side is when I'll be in Ireland, next stock of component in the following years will be easier to get thanks to Scan delivering to Ireland 

is scan sending to germany? i think so. they seem pretty cool and transparent. maybe a good option for my next orders.

thanks @shaolinn! 

Du Glückspilz :P 

hope ill get mine soon to test all the nice effects with watch dogs legion. :)
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 17:28:02 (permalink)
Huntercyril
Well I'll cross my fingers to see some cards on France too, hopefully on Amazon... Because I'm not buying one at LDLC network where they are at 1100€. I'll die before engaging in this theft  I mean, 80€ more than the original price was enough for me to cancel my XC3 when I saw that for the same price (850€) in France I was supposed to have FTW3 Ultra. :P
All those retailers you're talking about are German or close to Germany, that's so rude I feel so left out !  Though Germany is closer to France than UK (I mean, no water to cross, only roads so it's easier for shipment companies).

As far as I know Caseking has a UK and German website and the option to change language to English. Computeruniverse has numerous locations I believe 4 different language options English included and the option to directly choose country of delivery. France is part of the EU so no additional VAT applies other than perhaps a higher shipping cost. Technically you could have ordered from either, although no idea how far in the queue you would be if you'd order now. If you are worried the queue is big enough that it won't make it to you on time before you move open a contact ticket with them and ask if it is possible to edit your shipping address before it sent out if that were to happen. If not I'm sure they are flexible to change it manual with support ticket.
post edited by shaolinn - 2020/10/19 17:50:07
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 17:35:00 (permalink)
TomSchu
Huntercyril

is scan sending to germany? i think so. they seem pretty cool and transparent. maybe a good option for my next orders.

thanks @shaolinn! 

Danke Muss sagen die Karte ist echt super läuft leise auf 80% Belastung und wird nicht heiß.  Das einzige was stört ist das rote  Teil an der Seite aber im midi Gehäuse ist die Seite so oder so praktisch verdeckt. Glaub nicht das die Lieferung bei dir all zu lange brauchen wird 100% vor Cyberpunk
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 18:02:54 (permalink)
Hey Europeans,

Nvidia posted a new statement:

[UPDATED 10/19] In Europe, we will restart fulfilment of Founders Edition products in the coming days and plan to expand our country coverage in due course.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

Means the Founders Editions will be back in the store for €719,-
Dambala
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 22:24:05 (permalink)
Huntercyril
https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1318236279104925696 :)

I think Jacob did a good job but how often he repeats: on the way, no ETA,...
I wait since the first tweet: EU is on the way for Amazon,.. 4 weeks ago i believe such tweets when i hold my card :)
TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 22:34:53 (permalink)
shaolinn
TomSchu
Huntercyril

thanks @shaolinn! 

Danke Muss sagen die Karte ist echt super läuft leise auf 80% Belastung und wird nicht heiß.  Das einzige was stört ist das rote  Teil an der Seite aber im midi Gehäuse ist die Seite so oder so praktisch verdeckt. Glaub nicht das die Lieferung bei dir all zu lange brauchen wird 100% vor Cyberpunk

habe auch neue Hoffnung geschöpft, nachdem ich diesen einen Typen am Telefon hatte. Sehr kompetent und bereit auch mal aus dem Nähkästchen zu plaudern. Die vorherigen am Telefon waren alle sehr kurz angebunden, keine Kritik, ist halt deren Job. Aber der war super. So weiß ich, die nächste Lieferung sollte meine Karte enthalten und insgesamt hab ich den Eindruck, dass es nach einem Monat "USA first" irgendwie zu mehr Fokus in Richtung Europa kommt. Kann mich täuschen aber so langsam wirds Zeit... :D also, ich ziehe bald nach ;-) 

Good morning everyone, lets hunt the twitter posts and news again.
Conker1970
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 01:20:57 (permalink)
This is so frustrating serious thinking about getting a AMD Card cause i see no hope of getting my AC3 Black Gaming from Caseking this year....

I ordered mine 16:30 on the 17th of Sept and far as i know Caseking hasnt delivered ANY Black Gaming cards yet!

Is there an Update from EVGA for the EU?
Averomoe
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 01:25:18 (permalink)
No, no updates so far.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 04:02:05 (permalink)
https://forums.evga.com/Gamers-Nexus-3080-FTW3-Ultra-Review-m3122930.aspx

I can say that unless there's EVGA stock at " low price " compared to the TUF (like if the TUF price is inflated on Amazon for example) I probably won't buy an EVGA card this time. For gaming purposes, the TUF does everything better than the FTW3 : lower noise, lower thermals, similar performances, lower power consumption (that doesn't really affect FPS but affect both your electricity bill and the heat generated by the card), and of course lower prices as long as there's non inflated prices for the TUF out there.
Plus Asus has sent way more cards to EU than EVGA appears to have sent. Anyway just to let you guys now, it seems for EU there's better choices than EVGA that might be cheaper, better and sooner available. Plus the design of the TUF with straight lines, (except the tires marks on the backplate) is for my taste way better than the FTW3 with its warped design.
jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 04:15:37 (permalink)
Does anyone know if Amazon de has delivered any 3080 ftws and I mean literally any? I have heard of xc3's but can't find any of those being fulfilled by amazon de either.
Averomoe
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 04:34:02 (permalink)
Hurry, alternate.de is selling a 3080 right now.

Edit: well, as always, juat a few minutes left and it was gone.
post edited by Averomoe - 2020/10/20 04:43:39
Easy4Breezy
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 04:40:33 (permalink)
Averomoe

The Zotac card nobody wants... for 849€ .. not a good deal.
Slyvf
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 05:11:52 (permalink)
Easy4Breezy
Averomoe

People will buy any 3080.
Zotax/PNY which are normally more budget are priced the same as the top brands. It's crazy right now.
Averomoe
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 05:51:57 (permalink)
Easy4Breezy
Averomoe

There are 2-3% fps-Delta between topmodels ans budgetmodels. Who cares ^^
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 06:41:51 (permalink)
Averomoe
Easy4Breezy
Averomoe

There are 2-3% fps-Delta between topmodels ans budgetmodels. Who cares ^^

Well, fps are not the only thing to consider. Thermals, noise, design, warranty, availability, all those can be important too.
I will never trust KFA Palit or PNY, these are low quality brand imho.
Plus, some MSRP prices cards are way lower than 850e, and the Zotac probably cost 50 or 100€ at normal MSRP, but price hasn't inflated much since people don't really care much for Zotac even if it's a 3080 there's not a huge demand like for higher tier brands Asus MSI EVGA or Gigabyte.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 07:07:20 (permalink)
jp_no10
Does anyone know if Amazon de has delivered any 3080 ftws and I mean literally any? I have heard of xc3's but can't find any of those being fulfilled by amazon de either.

Sadly there are no official amazon forums where people can give feedback that they have received their cards. There are just reports coming that amazon has around 20K orders each across numerous brands or even cards themselves. Best option is to find out your actual position in such a massive queue straight from amazon. Amazon will eventually fulfill those orders, but since there are no official numbers of the manufacturing capacities of each brand there is no real way to speculate how long it will take. I think it is save to say if you are anywhere around or above 1K you will be waiting weeks or even months.

Personally EVGA should have just listed their official retail partners for EU on their website, as those were the most likely to have secured early deals with them.This also would have resulted in a massive queue tho so I can understand why they did not.
jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 07:11:31 (permalink)
shaolinn
jp_no10

Sadly there are no official amazon forums where people can give feedback that they have received their cards. There are just reports coming that amazon has around 20K orders each across numerous brands or even cards themselves. Best option is to find out your actual position in such a massive queue straight from amazon. Amazon will eventually fulfill those orders, but since there are no official numbers of the manufacturing capacities of each brand there is no real way to speculate how long it will take. I think it is save to say if you are anywhere around or above 1K you will be waiting weeks or even months.

Personally EVGA should have just listed their official retail partners for EU on their website, as those were the most likely to have secured early deals with them.This also would have resulted in a massive queue tho so I can understand why they did not.

Thing is I haven't heard of anyone getting any ftw ultras or non ultras coming from amazon de, not here, not on reddit, not on any other forum, it would be nice to know at least 1 has been delivered, or more, and I doubt asking amazon that kind of information will give you any response.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 07:30:16 (permalink)
jp_no10
shaolinn
jp_no10

Thing is I haven't heard of anyone getting any ftw ultras or non ultras coming from amazon de, not here, not on reddit, not on any other forum, it would be nice to know at least 1 has been delivered, or more, and I doubt asking amazon that kind of information will give you any response.

Yeah I hear you I know it is frustrating. All I can say is since EVGA entered the EU market I only ever seen stock on caseking, computeruniverse and alternate for their cards. From a previous post of another user they posted the customer support email of EVGA themselves where they mention their retail partners that are participating with the NVIDIA promotion are being prioritized among other reasons (most likely meaning deals made too late all we can do is speculate). They named alternate and caseking as example of said prioritized retail partners. Personally I never even considered amazon because it is a popular global shopping platform and I assumed their orders will reach staggering amounts within seconds.

Computeruniverse didn't answer my questions at first either other than they cannot give out specific shipping information of their supplier. I can understand that as they are not in control of how fast the shipments get there due to slow customs, overbooked freight etc. Once I asked if my position in the queue is far enough in front to be part of the first wave of shipments they were more than happy to confirm it. Amazon may do the same they have far more advanced logistic systems that logged your order. It is worth to give it a try at least.
post edited by shaolinn - 2020/10/20 08:21:50
Lokator
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 09:16:15 (permalink)
Dang this is so frustrating, my last 3 cards were from EVGA, the 4th have a high possibility to not be.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 09:17:42 (permalink)
shaolinn
jp_no10

They do actually: https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx and when you're searching for a specific country in EU you go to the same link but on EU site : https://eu.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx
If you're looking for that, it's on the big " Product " category, bottom right " Where to buy "
That being said, they don't list their priority deals, only the retailers with whom they have official business. 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 10:02:52 (permalink)
Huntercyril
shaolinn
jp_no10

They do actually: https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx and when you're searching for a specific country in EU you go to the same link but on EU site : https://eu.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx
If you're looking for that, it's on the big " Product " category, bottom right " Where to buy "
That being said, they don't list their priority deals, only the retailers with whom they have official business. 

Ah there you have it, well depends how you look at it as "Where to buy" can also just be where their products are stocked be it last gen or the gen before. I was thinking more along the lines of their 3xxx launch retail partners for EU should have been listed, as you mentioned already. Either way demand is just too massive. Nvidia should have predicted it, but it seems even they were surprised and did not expect exactly how big it will actually be. If RDNA2 delivers what it promises  same will happen there, also Zen 3 will have the equal fate. It is just not a good year for launches all together and won't be until the epidemic is dealt with.

post edited by shaolinn - 2020/10/20 10:08:04
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 16 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile