EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 88
Author
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 14:06:46 (permalink)
“And you clearly don't get since you didn't order directly from the EVGA store”

Only US customers can order from the EVGA store.

We have not been able to order from the EVGA store since they double charged VAT, and that is ILLEGAL.

You keep making uninformed assumptions. I have multiple pre-orders at: Alternate.nl, megekko.nl, azerty.nl Amazon.nl, Amazon.de.

Tl;DR - In my opinion EVGA should stop taking orders on their own website until all pre-orders for all retailers have been fulfilled
parasitegod
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 15:05:36 (permalink)
What's up with this sudden white knighting?

Has the situation changed or has there been any meaningful new information about the availability of EVGA cards in EU? No and no.
A month has passed and so far there has been only *crickets* for the EU market - the unrest and questions are justified.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 15:25:31 (permalink)
Splash87
“And you clearly don't get since you didn't order directly from the EVGA store”

Only US customers can order from the EVGA store.

We have not been able to order from the EVGA store since they double charged VAT, and that is ILLEGAL.

You keep making uninformed assumptions. I have multiple pre-orders at: Alternate.nl, megekko.nl, azerty.nl Amazon.nl, Amazon.de.

Tl;DR - In my opinion EVGA should stop taking orders on their own website until all pre-orders for all retailers have been fulfilled

They aren't taking orders on the EU site and don't expect that any time soon. And US was extremely limited you seem to think the few cards they were selling on the US store are big in numbers they are not and last time they had stock was on the 3rd of October. They already committed the majority of supply  to retail partners they even pointed out as much out in the live stream.  My main point is you can post 1000s of pages on this thread you are still not going to receive any answer from EVGA on information they cannot give on other companies they are supplying.  Only the retailers you ordered from can inform you. If they themselves don't supply solid information that tells you enough already. You keep taking the information the retailers are feeding you as fact and being "informed". All the feedback you seem to be getting from them is excuses and putting the blame on the other party all while taking your money. How about they start taking orders when they can actually guarantee shipment and already secured their bulk orders so they can at least give estimates. Clearly this isn't happening therefore you remain in the dark. This is all about maximizing profits by taking preorders while the supply doesn't exist to meet demand. If you preorder in such conditions be prepared to be patient I didn't expect my order to arrive until next month and was surprised when received the notification.

But hey be my guest keep taking what I'm saying as misinformed or white knighting. I shall leave you to your tools.
Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 16:19:29 (permalink)
Your post on page 42:
And you clearly don't get since you didn't order directly from the EVGA store

Your post on page 43:
They aren't taking orders on the EU site and don't expect that any time soon. And US was extremely limited you seem to think the few cards they were selling on the US store are big in numbers they are not

Please go follow @EVGA_JacobF

And read his posts. Apparently the 9/17 US pre-order queue is almost processed and ready to move to the 18th

I could ship a pallet by rowboat and it would arrive sooner across the ocean. They haven’t shipped nearly equal amounts to the EU as they do to the US.

And even if they did this remains: DONT TAKE MORE ORDERS UNTIL YOU FULFILL YOUR PREODERS.
magnusfl
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 16:38:31 (permalink)
Totally back ordered herein the USA as well as buy a part about once every other week as so far i got a Thermaltake core 71, 2 WD black 512 M.2 sticks for a 1TB raid C drive 1000 watt evga platinum  PS Plus a 14 TB WD gold helium drive  and have a 10850k and and EVGA 360mm CPU cooler on the way now all i need is the mother board and video card and memory but all on back order.

post edited by magnusfl - 2020/10/18 16:41:56
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 17:41:15 (permalink)
Splash87
Your post on page 42:

Your post on page 43:
They aren't taking orders on the EU site and don't expect that any time soon. And US was extremely limited you seem to think the few cards they were selling on the US store are big in numbers they are not

And read his posts. Apparently the 9/17 US pre-order queue is almost processed and ready to move to the 18th

I could ship a pallet by rowboat and it would arrive sooner across the ocean. They haven’t shipped nearly equal amounts to the EU as they do to the US.

And even if they did this remains: DONT TAKE MORE ORDERS UNTIL YOU FULFILL YOUR PREODERS.

Page 42 Was simply to point out if you didn't order from them directly don't expect the feedback which was obvious you didn't since EU.

I do actually follow him but that twitter is a mess if it was posted as a reply its easy to overlook. And the last official post goes back to 03 October before they activated auto notify preorder in the US. Guess I overlooked it caught me there.

Here its not an 100% accurate source but it gives you a rough idea what's going with the US preorders
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRintBllSIYz0TBOTLSbxYW8trXO_V3GUsgOdBEksclTQyBMnXGbrW1j1z_44waeTjLa3t0KEHSjknP/pubhtml#

What it does; however, clearly show is that production is starting to ramp up.Either way all this is specifically for their store which is currently locked to the US with no ETA for EU, but still no surprise there this was always the case. You don't actually know if EVGA has already fulfilled EU retailer orders or not because they cannot give out any specific information in that case. For all you know they are in transit or still stuck in customs. The retailers are being purposely quiet even mine wouldn't give out specific information except that I will be in the first batch of orders when stock arrives.
Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 19:09:39 (permalink)
shaolinn
Splash87
Your post on page 42:

Your post on page 43:

Page 42 Was simply to point out if you didn't order from them directly don't expect the feedback which was obvious you didn't since EU.

I do actually follow him but that twitter is a mess if it was posted as a reply its easy to overlook. And the last official post goes back to 03 October before they activated auto notify preorder in the US. Guess I overlooked it caught me there.

Here its not an 100% accurate source but it gives you a rough idea what's going with the US preorders
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRintBllSIYz0TBOTLSbxYW8trXO_V3GUsgOdBEksclTQyBMnXGbrW1j1z_44waeTjLa3t0KEHSjknP/pubhtml#

What it does; however, clearly show is that production is starting to ramp up.Either way all this is specifically for their store which is currently locked to the US with no ETA for EU, but still no surprise there this was always the case. You don't actually know if EVGA has already fulfilled EU retailer orders or not because they cannot give out any specific information in that case. For all you know they are in transit or still stuck in customs. The retailers are being purposely quiet even mine wouldn't give out specific information except that I will be in the first batch of orders when stock arrives.

We don’t know if they have fulfilled their pre-orders? I DO KNOW FOR SURE THEY HAVE NOT!

Go to reddit and check amazons warehouse sheet.
They have a pending order for 10.000’s of cards since far before the launch!
Overdos3
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 00:12:19 (permalink)
Splash Enough don't feed the troll, let him be.
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 00:24:55 (permalink)
EU and 3080s? I didn't know that those two words could be put together 

In the EU EVGA Step-Up since Sept. 20th with no movement. No "Auto-notify" either from the EU sites since ever lol 

Expecting something by January seems like wishful thinking at this point 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
Eksu99
  • Total Posts : 81
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 00:25:12 (permalink)
Overdos3

I agree. He must be trolling. Don't feed him more.
YURIIII
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 03:02:16 (permalink)
parasitegod
What's up with this sudden white knighting?

Has the situation changed or has there been any meaningful new information about the availability of EVGA cards in EU? No and no.
A month has passed and so far there has been only *crickets* for the EU market - the unrest and questions are justified.

This. As a customer, my duty is to be vocal about any inconveniences. Cards are short, but at this point, we are talking about hundreds of shipped cards by other manufacturers, it feels pretty weird that EVGA has shipped none. Not a single card in EU store. We don't even have notifications visible at this point.

For example, Gigabyte ~60 cards, MSI ~150 cards and Asus ~300 cards. And this is just a ONE retailer. EVGA is the only brand who haven't sent anything. It's pretty clear that their main priority is US.

And the biggest thing isn't even the shortage of cards, it's the silence.

Averomoe
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 03:34:29 (permalink)
Mindfactory.de Shows, how much items were sold, for example GPU XY, sold 305 times.

In a few months, when the situation calm down, i wonder how high the sells of EVGAs are compared to the other brands. 10 Euro on the table, that those numbers will be a further proof that EVGA is... not very eu-costumer friendly supply-wise.
TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 05:48:13 (permalink)
for everyone who ordered a card @ computeruniverse.de:

i called them, there was a really nice guy on the phone. he told me again they have no infomration from EVGA but they have already sent out some cards and the important thing is: he told me that i am on queu place #6 for the next shipment! he said my card will sent out after the next shipment from evga to computeruniverse. 
marek2209
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 05:52:18 (permalink)
TomSchu

i called them, there was a really nice guy on the phone. he told me again they have no infomration from EVGA but they have already sent out some cards and the important thing is: he told me that i am on queu place #6 for the next shipment! he said my card will sent out after the next shipment from evga to computeruniverse. 

Nice! When did you place your order (date & time), so I can estimate my queue position?

TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 05:56:12 (permalink)
@marek2209
received the order confirmation at 15:23. so 23 minutes after release. 
the guy said i missed the first wave of ftw3 ultra because of 1 minute. im cursed. :D
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 06:03:02 (permalink)
Overdos3

He literally deserves to be trolled. This whole thread was derailed based off assumptions. You are all surprised EVGA is focusing on the US market when they have been doing so since the start when their own store is concerned. Sales have always been lower for EVGA in EU it comes to no surprise. This may have been the first year they had such high demand in EU and the retailers did not predict it early enough and deals were already signed with local retailers. You assume to know about when, if, and the specific conditions of agreements that were made. If a retailer takes it upon themselves to make a order of 10K units for a supply that doesn't exist and gives estimates on delivery that keeps being pushed that was their decision. At least the other retailers were smart and made the delivery time tbd. There is no evidence that an agreement was actually made to fill such an order anywhere in the near future. You do not know the weekly production capacity of their factory either. Nor how many weeks or months before launch they started on manufacturing to create the supply that existed. You give sales figures of AIBS that have a foothold in the market,been established for allot longer and have much higher manufacturing capacities to deal with demand more efficiently. Maybe EVGA decided to cut out the middle man all together  and are just dealing with the market systematically going through their local market first. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe. The moment there is verified information to give out they post it on their twitter and they remain silent until then. And it will only ever be concerning their own store. You can't expect more than that. When did social media get to the point that everyone feels entitled to be informed of the inner workings and decision making process  of a company and private business deals.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 06:06:50 (permalink)
marek2209
TomSchu

Nice! When did you place your order (date & time), so I can estimate my queue position?

Congratz and enjoy your card when it arrives . That's literally all I did at first to inform people that my order from computeruniverse.de was filled so people calm down and realize supply is starting to trickle down to EU as well. Until I started reading all the entitlement and conspiracies theories that is
marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 06:10:15 (permalink)
TomSchu
@marek2209
received the order confirmation at 15:23. so 23 minutes after release. 
the guy said i missed the first wave of ftw3 ultra because of 1 minute. im cursed. :D

Lol, 60 seconds :D So first wave was 5 cards when you are position 6? Omg.
Hmm, I'm 15 minutes later, but selected pickup and payment in store (it's not that far from my home town).. Hope I will be in the 2nd wave or at least 3rd wave, but it will depend on amount of cards, I guess..

TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 07:04:29 (permalink)
@marek2209
ah sorry my bad, i tried to say that the first wave had more cards but i ordered 1 minute "too late" so if i would have ordered 1 minute earlier i would have been in the first wave. now im #6 on the "waiting list". so if the next shipment has 6 cards (well i hope so otherwise it would be ridiculous) i should get mine.

on the other side the guy said they have absolutely no information about a date of the next shipment AND evga support answered my mail! they wrote that they priorize alternate and caseking in germany.

here is the mail:
Please take note, that not all of our partners might receive the RTX-Amphere Series (3000-Series).
Our Sales-Team is doing the best, to provide to all of our partners the possibilities,
but some of them, like Caseking, Alternate will be more prioritised, due to the cooperation with Nvidia's Promotion and other reasons.

Furhtermore, new shipments are on the way and our partners will have their warehouses refilled soon.

the first sentence... not all partners might receive the rtx 3000? what? thats strange. 

but yea, im fine now. hopefully the next shipment will arrive within the next 4 weeks to be ready for cyberpunk.

ah one important info last:
on MSI im on place #50 on the "waiting list". the difference: i ordered three weeks after release. so its like:
MSI ordered 3 weeks later: #50
EVGA ordered day one 20 minutes after release: #6

so MSI >>>> EVGA in EU.

post edited by TomSchu - 2020/10/19 07:07:11
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 11:32:23 (permalink)
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 11:34:58 (permalink)
Huntercyril
https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1318236279104925696 :)

I never had a Twitter account. I think I need to create one just to follow this man 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102260
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 11:36:54 (permalink)
We've had a few complaints about some of the posts here in this thread. Please be respectful of other forum members even if you don't agree with their comments. If there is repeat behavior this thread will be locked. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Scamid
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 11:39:39 (permalink)
Huntercyril
 :)

If it is actually on the ship it might take another week or maybe 2 to arrive... Let's hope for the best!
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:07:54 (permalink)
Scamid
Huntercyril
 :)

If it is actually on the ship it might take another week or maybe 2 to arrive... Let's hope for the best!

With some luck, EVGA has been airshipping most of the US stock in order to fluidify the queue waiting list while loading EU large stock on a boat and with some luck we might get some good amount of cards this time.  
marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:20:29 (permalink)
Well, I have cancelled my Computeruniverse preorder now, Caseking is my last hope :D
Seems like they might receive a bigger batch, according to the post above..

TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:21:42 (permalink)
marek2209
Well, I have cancelled my Computeruniverse preorder now, Caseking is my last hope :D

fingers crossed! what did u pay for the ftw3 ultra on caseking?
marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:24:36 (permalink)
TomSchu
marek2209

fingers crossed! what did u pay for the ftw3 ultra on caseking?

899 + shipping

TomSchu
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:29:29 (permalink)
ok thanks, have 879 on computeruniverse. didnt know that caseking is priotized. 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:44:39 (permalink)
TomSchu
ok thanks, have 879 on computeruniverse. didnt know that caseking is priotized. 

I'd look at the wording closely "but some of them, like Caseking, Alternate will be more prioritised, due to the cooperation with Nvidia's Promotion and other reasons."  Just a heads up computeruniverse is also participating in this promotion.
Overdos3
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/19 13:53:53 (permalink)
rjohnson11
We've had a few complaints about some of the posts here in this thread. Please be respectful of other forum members even if you don't agree with their comments. If there is repeat behavior this thread will be locked. 

Please do not lock this thread because one guy misbehaved.

Huntercyril
https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1318236279104925696 :)

It could be 30 cards for the whole europe :D
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile