EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 88
Author
kimahn
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 03:43:27 (permalink)
michalvan89
Well long time passed since launch, Nvidia still plays dirty game, Scalpers, Local EU retailers joining scalpers as well, EVGA in which i was most interested in is EU ignoring completely :) I guess AMD is gonna get my money this time, there is huge possibility that for 1440p its gonna be better anyway.

i would have been with you ... if their drivers were not total ****. wait. they said it will ne be a paper launch, good but wait. cyberpunk is not here, valhalla neither, you don't need that kind of power right now, for your sake, wait that trustworthy tester tell the truth about those, hype is our enemy :)
did i mention wait ?
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 04:05:58 (permalink)
TomSchu
shaolinn
I received my card from computeruniverse the other day. 3080 FTW3 Ultra. Yes EU stores prices are higher than the listed msrp on the EVGA EU store, but they are also next to impossible to get from the EU evga store at least at the moment. Those that did manage to grab one had it sent to them straight from the taiwan factory. This is nothing new tho it's been happening since 1xxx series. If you want your card early be prepared to pay a premium once vendors realize the supply issue after day of launch they start raising prices. It's simple supply and demand. I don't know why anyone is surprised taking corona into consideration. Computeruniverse was actually selling the card 10 euro above the revised EVGA EU store msrp the day before the official launch until they caught on to the demand issue. At least EVGA has a step up program and if a 20GB version does indeed launch this December you can pretty much make back that "scalp" price by trading in for that version.

what time did you order your ftw ultra exactly? immediately after release?

A few days after official launch. Pretty much after I watched the EVGA stream where they specifically mentioned if you want a card sooner than later they are working with all etailers to get them to us faster. I saw the 3090s go up on their EU store too was literally gone instantly, don't think there were many up in the first place as they were sending those out with DHL Express from the Taiwan factory.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 04:22:07 (permalink)
was just ignored via email,twitter and forum when asking about evga and eu. not how u deal with customers! just sent jacob a pm, lets wait.

Even if they say in 2022 cards will be shipped this is an answer! but no answer at all? Thats a shame

It's Sunday, why would they respond.  If you actually watched the streams with Jacob you would know they are working on it trying to do their best for their customers. EVGA has been the most transparent about the delays and informing customers. They are being limited with what they can say by Nvidia themselves. You really think it was them who made the decision to go ahead with the launch despite knowing demand will outmatch supply. There's enough information out there how little time AIBs were given to test their custom boards and that they didn't even receive the drivers tech reviewers did before launch. One can argue Nvidia is manipulating the market on purpose to inflate the price, but imo its just a byproduct from  all the lockdowns, slowdowns, home office that happened over the year due to COVID.
Averomoe
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 04:29:21 (permalink)
Ähm no, you just dont got the point.
- why did they announced a queue-list for the eu-store until last wednesday but they did not deliver so where is a statement to clearify the current situation?
- why do they offer much more supply for us-costumers?
- alternate, caseking, Computeruniverse do not know when EVGAs are coming, on the other hand us-etailers, us-evga store and us-step-up-program recieve stock.

So why are we second class costumers? Nothing yet from EVGA, tgey are busy answering the same Qs from US-Costumers 1million times instead of offering 1 mere statement to us.
michalvan89
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 04:57:05 (permalink)
kimahn
michalvan89
Well long time passed since launch, Nvidia still plays dirty game, Scalpers, Local EU retailers joining scalpers as well, EVGA in which i was most interested in is EU ignoring completely :) I guess AMD is gonna get my money this time, there is huge possibility that for 1440p its gonna be better anyway.

i would have been with you ... if their drivers were not total ****. wait. they said it will ne be a paper launch, good but wait. cyberpunk is not here, valhalla neither, you don't need that kind of power right now, for your sake, wait that trustworthy tester tell the truth about those, hype is our enemy :)
did i mention wait ?

I did not mention anything about not waiting :) for sure i will wait, but so far it looks like its almost the only option here. Regarding the drivers, not sure if you saw any version from past months, coleague of mine has it and it works fine, no problems after black screen problem has been fixed, its not like catalyst before so i am not affraid of that at all. Cyberpunk i will atleast try but who knows if i will play it till the end, valhalla i am going to play on PS5. Despite those games, i still have some personal reasons to own new gpu, one of them is that i no longer own any :) 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 05:02:01 (permalink)
They know very well when the cards are coming if you actually contacted the Etailers like I did. You would know again that they aren't allowed to give out information about their suppliers. These stores are getting thousands of calls a day from impatient customers that seem to be surprised that there would be low supply in an epidemic, but haven't put in an order of their own in the first place. Either you are willing to pay the premium to be put in the queue to actually get one or simply wait until supply equalizes with demand months later  and hope you can buy them at msrp. We live in a profit driven society honestly what did you think would happen.

The EU EVGA store has had limited stocks for years they were never the go to source for their cards in the first place. It was always the few Etailers in EU that stock them. I don't know why you think this is just a EVGA specific problem. Stores are having supply issues with all brands. Steve from gamernexus is in direct contact with EVGA reps and does regular updates.The last update he mentioned EVGA still hasn't caught up to the September orders. EVGA is the only one to even implement the auto notify feature with reserving a card for you for 5hrs upon receiving the email. Anyone who activated the auto notify before the feature was fully implemented is first in line. You can be sure there are also people who activated this feature without even being able to afford a 3080. Which means  the card is stuck in reserve status for 5 hrs every time that happens. The few thousands that came after they announced the auto notify feature are at the back of the line. There are orders being filled for certain just not at the rate as you are hoping.
post edited by shaolinn - 2020/10/18 05:11:34
Lokius81
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 05:19:04 (permalink)
shaolinn
was just ignored via email,twitter and forum when asking about evga and eu. not how u deal with customers! just sent jacob a pm, lets wait.

Even if they say in 2022 cards will be shipped this is an answer! but no answer at all? Thats a shame

It's Sunday, why would they respond.  If you actually watched the streams with Jacob you would know they are working on it trying to do their best for their customers. EVGA has been the most transparent about the delays and informing customers. They are being limited with what they can say by Nvidia themselves. You really think it was them who made the decision to go ahead with the launch despite knowing demand will outmatch supply. There's enough information out there how little time AIBs were given to test their custom boards and that they didn't even receive the drivers tech reviewers did before launch. One can argue Nvidia is manipulating the market on purpose to inflate the price, but imo its just a byproduct from  all the lockdowns, slowdowns, home office that happened over the year due to COVID.

In fairness its not like they respond on any other day :) 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 05:44:36 (permalink)
Lokius81
shaolinn

In fairness its not like they respond on any other day :) 

In fairness would you not get tired of answering the same question after months of it. At some point you just don't bother anymore. They fixed the double charging VAT problem and are the only AIB that implemented the auto notify queue and reserving said card for 5 hrs upon receiving the email. That being said there's nothing else they can do. They can't magically make supply equal demand at a snap of a finger. All this did is give people a chance to get the card instead of all the boters, but it also resulted in a  much larger queue. (anyway my last post is under review cause I edited it to much apparently. Don't feel like repeating myself)

SKeijmel
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 06:14:59 (permalink)
it's shameful eu get's no stock.
niki_spam
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 06:22:23 (permalink)
why are you all getting so mad? I mean, where are the proofs of what you're saying? I mean, proof that US shops are getting 2 3 restocks every week?
Also, were are the proofs that no card has landed to the EU market? It loooks like everyone is talking about themselves considering as if they were the only one in the europe that bought an EVGA card.
I've seen a lot of posts on other forums of people in EU getting Evga cards. 
If you didn't get it yet, it doesn't mean that Evga isn't shipping stock to Eu, it only means that you bought from the "wrong" shop ;).
3080 has been launched 1 month a go... god damn, be patient! It's a month, not a semester! Not a year! Just be patient.
Y'all talking like other brands ships daily to Eu lol.
Calm down ^^

ps. im in switzerland and i bought a 3080 ftw ultra. I didn't got it yet.

daisho
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 06:52:03 (permalink)
My proof is alert/monitoring on shops here in Austria/Germany and some other retailers in the EU for 3080 and 3090 cards and people (US) here posting cards they got like 3 weeks ago, yet in EU barely any cards exist at all (almost no 3080 and 3090 are basically non-existent here still).
Not only for EVGA but all vendors, but on EVGA side there is nothing at all as much as I have seen yet in the EU.
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 06:54:46 (permalink)
All we want is a single statement and not all of our messages just beeing ignored

Benütze diesen Code um 5% beim Kauf einer GPU und Anderem zu sparen! 
58UK6COGZQEYSLA
SKeijmel
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 06:56:40 (permalink)
niki_spam
why are you all getting so mad? I mean, where are the proofs of what you're saying? I mean, proof that US shops are getting 2 3 restocks every week?
Also, were are the proofs that no card has landed to the EU market? It loooks like everyone is talking about themselves considering as if they were the only one in the europe that bought an EVGA card.
If you didn't get it yet, it doesn't mean that Evga isn't shipping stock to Eu, it only means that you bought from the "wrong" shop ;).
3080 has been launched 1 month a go... god damn, be patient! It's a month, not a semester! Not a year! Just be patient.
Calm down ^^

be careful with your semesters. it's definitely going to take semesters.
to have stock and even longer for prices to normalize... 
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 07:29:55 (permalink)
niki_spam
Calm down ^^

Our proof? I for one have multiple pre-orders at multiple retailers. Out of the 4 that sell EVGA products in The Netherlands, 1 of them has received 5 cards, the others have no ETA. This is just one example. How do we know that US gets resupplied so often? You can follow Jacobs twitter about their drops to their own Us store, you can follow In Stock alerts and see that for example Bestbuy, Newegg, and Microcenter have had cards that they were able to sell in physical stores. Meanwhile EU still stuck on the first 30 seconds of delivering pre-ordered EVGA cards, at this rate ASUS, MSI and GIGABYTE among others will dominate the EU market as EVGA is not available while other AIB stocks are slowly moving.
Wardcliff
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 07:37:51 (permalink)
I've been hoping to wait to purchase a 3080 from EVGA, hanging off Jacob's every word on Twitter. Waiting with baited breath for the notification system to be up and running in Europe.

A couple of weeks ago, somebody suggested you could see your EU notification sign-up date if you used the existing notify link when signed-in to the EU site. This appeared to work. In the past few days, however, the notifications via that link have disappeared.

Now I'm feeling anxious. I'm trying to be positive and hopeful that my sign-up dates haven't been lost, that seeing my EU sign-up dates was using a system in a way it wasn't intended and that the fact I cannot see them anymore is simply EVGA making progress with the EU queue system.

However, somebody has posted on Reddit that the EU will be using a random number generator, and has directed people to here for more information. I cannot find any record of this, so I'm hoping it's misinformation as it contradicts Jacob's Twitter comments and would be a bitter blow for a number of people like myself.

*Fingers crossed* our notification sign-up dates haven't been lost and we get the same system everyone has been so impressed with.
267D83BD9674497
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 07:54:31 (permalink)
Averomoe
So why are we second class costumers?

EVGA is a US company, and we're on the other side of the world, that's why. 

niki_spam
3080 has been launched 1 month a go... god damn, be patient.

Word. And grüezi. 

I know it's very frustrating to stand in a queue you neither see the end of nor know whether it does has an end in the first place.
But do you know what's annoying on top of that? Standing near someone constantly complaining about how the queue doesn't move. 

While we're at that point where we're complaining about 14 pages in this thread without any official reaction, we might as well accept the fact that page 15 won't be better and spend our precious time with more important things. Like, chill.
Look, I'd like to replace my 1080 with a 3080(-ish) GPU rather sooner than later to be able to play ACC in VR with an acceptable framerate and without workarounds, but neither does my life depend on that, nor did my gaming rig lose any of its capabilities since the ampere launch.
So I honestly think the best thing we can and should do is to take a breather, calm down and wait until either a matching model is available (I'm in favor for a XC3 or FE that fits comfortably in my RVZ01-E case) or AMD offers an alternative.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 08:06:39 (permalink)
Wardcliff
I've been hoping to wait to purchase a 3080 from EVGA, hanging off Jacob's every word on Twitter. Waiting with baited breath for the notification system to be up and running in Europe.

A couple of weeks ago, somebody suggested you could see your EU notification sign-up date if you used the existing notify link when signed-in to the EU site. This appeared to work. In the past few days, however, the notifications via that link have disappeared.

Now I'm feeling anxious. I'm trying to be positive and hopeful that my sign-up dates haven't been lost, that seeing my EU sign-up dates was using a system in a way it wasn't intended and that the fact I cannot see them anymore is simply EVGA making progress with the EU queue system.

However, somebody has posted on Reddit that the EU will be using a random number generator, and has directed people to here for more information. I cannot find any record of this, so I'm hoping it's misinformation as it contradicts Jacob's Twitter comments and would be a bitter blow for a number of people like myself.

*Fingers crossed* our notification sign-up dates haven't been lost and we get the same system everyone has been so impressed with.

Sadly because I edited too much in my last two posts they pending for approval. Not going to go into too much detail.In short don't expect to get it from their site any time soon. Take into consideration EVGA is the only brand currently offering auto notify and reserving said card for 5 hrs upon receiving the email and how big this queue now is. Also that the original Auto notifies carried over. According to gamernexus' last update who is in direct contact with the EVGA reps they are still struggling to keep up with Septembers auto notifies, as in fulfilling those orders. Also take into consideration not everyone who signed up for the auto notify can actually afford said cards; automatically placing said cards under a 5hr hold, when that happens until its free for the next person in the queue.  Then there is the issue that they are getting bulk orders from all the etailers which is simply more efficient for them than filling single orders and sending them separately with DHL Express from Taiwan.
3090OC2200
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 08:40:07 (permalink)
ao1977
Averomoe

What a stupid answer is this
Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 08:57:36 (permalink)
3090OC2200
ao1977
Averomoe

Asus and MSI are Taiwan based. Asia isn’t exactly around the corner so there goes that argument since they are far better available.
267D83BD9674497
  • Total Posts : 40
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 09:20:10 (permalink)
3090OC2200

Come up with a better one, then.
Splash87
Asus and MSI are Taiwan based. Asia isn’t exactly around the corner so there goes that argument since they are far better available.

Forget about the geographical distances for a moment and take local markets into consideration.

shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 09:42:16 (permalink)
Splash87
3090OC2200
ao1977
Averomoe

EVGA's factory is also in Taiwan and that's where the cards are currently being sent from if you manage to secure one on their website. EVGA's biggest market presence is the UK and US. Naturally you are seeing more of MSI and Asus as those brands have a bigger market presence and the demand is larger here for said brands. The few of us who know to cherish EVGAS' customer service and warranty in the EU are a minority. Also all Etailers here in the EU seem to be doing the preorder approach for the EVGA cards. You can't actually see these card going in stock, as there are already paying customers waiting in line and they are sent out immediately to said customers. Most of these people are busy enjoying said cards and care not for forums or giving people feedback. I've given my feedback and received card. I'm only posting here for those who were like me and were hoping to grab one from their site. Had I not stalled I would have grabbed it for 10 euro above the EVGA msrp and not the increase premium. I went for  it tho because I went in it with the intention to use the step up anyway making up for my loss. Either you are willing to pay the premium to have it sooner rather than later or simply wait for supply to equalize with demand and hope prices stabilize. One thing is for sure prices are only going to go up with potential customers keeping the customer support of the etailers busy with silly questions, because you are only making it clear to them how big the demand for said products actually are.
Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 09:56:02 (permalink)
shaolinn
Splash87
3090OC2200
ao1977
Averomoe

EVGA's factory is also in Taiwan and that's where the cards are currently being sent from if you manage to secure one on their website. EVGA's biggest market presence is the UK and US. Naturally you are seeing more of MSI and Asus as those brands have a bigger market presence and the demand is larger here for said brands. The few of us who know to cherish EVGAS' customer service and warranty in the EU are a minority. Also all Etailers here in the EU seem to be doing the preorder approach for the EVGA cards. You can't actually see these card going in stock, as there are already paying customers waiting in line and they are sent out immediately to said customers. Most of these people are busy enjoying said cards and care not for forums or giving people feedback. I've given my feedback and received card. I'm only posting here for those who were like me and were hoping to grab one from their site. Had I not stalled I would have grabbed it for 10 euro above the EVGA msrp and not the increase premium. I went for  it tho because I went in it with the intention to use the step up anyway making up for my loss. Either you are willing to pay the premium to have it sooner rather than later or simply wait for supply to equalize with demand and hope prices stabilize. One thing is for sure prices are only going to go up with potential customers keeping the customer support of the etailers busy with silly questions, because you are only making it clear to them how big the demand for said products actually are.

Cherish EVGA’s customer service? You mean the same customer service that told is we would have EU queueing last Friday? The same service that ignores all the people in this thread?

Just because YOUR supplier has gotten cards doesn’t mean the EU has been supplied.

Your answer is based on assumptions with no proof. There are MULTIPLE people on this forum including myself who have been waiting since day one, and have pre-orders at EVGA partners. We seen posts from the largest EU retailers who have confirmed getting no more then 5 3080’s since the release.

Amazon has pushed back the ETA on the 3080’s to december as they have not heard from EVGA!

I for one have had a pre-order with Alternate and the queue has not moved ONE SPOT
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 10:51:21 (permalink)
Splash87
shaolinn
Splash87
3090OC2200
ao1977
Averomoe

Cherish EVGA’s customer service? You mean the same customer service that told is we would have EU queueing last Friday? The same service that ignores all the people in this thread?

Just because YOUR supplier has gotten cards doesn’t mean the EU has been supplied.

Your answer is based on assumptions with no proof. There are MULTIPLE people on this forum including myself who have been waiting since day one, and have pre-orders at EVGA partners. We seen posts from the largest EU retailers who have confirmed getting no more then 5 3080’s since the release.

Amazon has pushed back the ETA on the 3080’s to december as they have not heard from EVGA!

I for one have had a pre-order with Alternate and the queue has not moved ONE SPOT

You know what if it makes you feel better continue what you are doing. Its a fact their major market presence is in the UK and US go to their live stream next time and ask them yourself for your so called proof.  You are in a queue on their website but you clearly don't realize how big said queue is  nor know in what position you are. I've spoken to people who got their cards on EVGA EU and they confirmed the cards are being shipped straight from the factory in Taiwan. The EVGA EU store was never place to  get one of their cards in the first place.If you're so unsatisfied with EVGA go cancel your order and go over to MSI which has already being caught scalping their own cards and pulled allot of anti-consumer bs over the years. The only card stock you are seeing are the low end cards that are on par with Nvidia msrp. With customer service I'm referring to when you actually have the card in your possession, their warranty conditions and step up program. They have no obligation to actually respond to the nonsense in this thread nore are they allowed to give out information about customers etailers included. Allot of the questions that can be answered have actually already been answered on their twitch or on live stream.  As far as etailers supplies are concerned you have to take it up with them.  If you actually think alternate.de live updates their queue think again. You preordered a item which clearly stated date of delivery unknown, which means you agree to these conditions upon ordering and will be informed once your item is ready for shipping. None of these etailers are actually keeping you up to date on anything before the item is ready for shipping. And alternate.de itself already has 3 reviews one of which states they made the order on  the 02/10/20 and received it on 6/10/20. If you want assumptions here you go. You must have made an order so recently on alternate.de and are so entitled that you expect it to be there instantly at a wave of a fingertip. Or perhaps you pissed off alternate.de enough that they put you on the back of the queue. Either way crying about it here isn't going to change a thing. Take it up with the company you preordered at and ask them why someone who ordered early October received a card before you.
Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 12:14:12 (permalink)
Alright - you do you. Keep telling yourself that EVGA is supplying the EU as equally as the US.

I’m not going to have a discussion with someone who is blind for statements put out by retailers themselves.

You appear to be better informed than the companies who placed pre-orders.
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 12:23:53 (permalink)
There is no queue in eu ........

Benütze diesen Code um 5% beim Kauf einer GPU und Anderem zu sparen! 
58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 12:37:55 (permalink)
I'll try to address people's thoughts of the page 14 here.
First, you don't need a card for the day one of a game. Games are always buggy at first and need time to mature.
Second like Shaolinn said, yeah, Jacob and EVGA are doing their best for EU customers. The sad part comes when they put US before EU because despite all the efforts they give EU, if they're not ready to split shipments and give US a less bigger cake for one week, one stupid week, then the situation won't get better like that. Nvidia don't increase price whatsoever though, it's retailers that do. Nvidia still sold their cards at MSRP before stopping.

For EU not having stock : In France they had dozens of cards at launch. DOZENS. And these dozens were split across brands and retailers, it was not dozens per model per retailer, no no no. It wasn't hundreds or thousands of cards. Even if factually you are right to say EU had cards, on a buyer's mind you can't call that " having cards " when France population is 67 millions people. Sure plenty don't care about the cards or have the means to get one, but even if there's 1% interested that would make 670 000 people. And France is only one of the many countries to be a part of EU so you can't say they have or had cards. Oh and btw, 3 of the big retailers in France are owned by the big one, LDLC. And they got allegedly 70% of the stock for launch day. 

As for not catching up to September's orders, what is this supposed to mean, that US people comes first because they don't have their orders filled until the list is empty ? The list will never be empty. Cards (as was stated before and after your answer) are made in Taiwan so they are choosing to ship to US over EU, it's a choice that they make every single day they send shipment to US instead of AT LEAST giving one of those shipments to EU. It would allow people in EU to breathe a little. And US people might get mad ? Boo hoo, they have several drops per week already of hundreds if not thousands (judging by posts / tweets online) of cards.

" In fairness would you not get tired of answering the same question after months of it. " => They could just do a FAQ where they would list every single one question and put that on the front page. Scan UK does it on their 3080 store page. And they don't even say a bunch. That would drastically reduce the questions asked to specific timed questions. I've saw Jacob answering about the PSU cables daisy-chaining more than ten or twenty times already. That's something that won't change for example. 
Also, if you're using the words " Soon " and " no ETA yet " be ready for people to ask later on when is " Soon " or does he have an ETA now (X days later). If they would just tell people the truth like " We think we might release in EU in December " then at least people would have a baseline, if they release earlier good if it's later well they are already taking flak for not really being on EU market so I don't see what that would change anyway.

Anyway, you guys should consider switching brands if you're not happy with EVGA. I don't have anything against them, I like what they are offering to the customers (customer support, step-up, watercooling friendly policy, hearing the community about their horrendous red design, transferable warranty, etc) when you actually can buy one of their card. But when you live in the EU and can't buy one because they have no stock / sell out instantly / won't indulge the racketeering of the retailers who wants you to pay 300€ more than what the card is worth, I know I'm ready to switch because if they're not ready to give cards then I'll find some brand who will and some retailer who will sell at MSRP.

Also, people seem to have completely ignored my previous post where I said that Nvidia is on the brink of allowing selected retailers to sell the FE at MSRP price (forcing retailers to not be able to increase price / their stupid capitalist theft excuse margin) so it will probably lower prices of the other cards in order to stabilize the supply and make money (because people will rush on the FE and without retailers being able to increase their margin they will have to lower the other cards prices to sell them or risk having a loss in sales because they won't be the only ones to get FE supplies). This is just hearsay / rumors but it comes from heavily trusted sources (link is in the previous post I made, just translate it'll be a quick read) so it might be helping the situation in EU.

Anyway, EVGA is prioritizing US, that's the way it is, unless they show us (EU) that they are ready to make a gesture for the EU like a big huge shipment (talking about thousands or ten of thousands of cards here divided across EU retailers) then like I said above, I'll just get whatever is available first : TUF, Strix, Gaming X Trio or FTW3. 

Game on, EVGA.
N3m3s1s
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 12:52:16 (permalink)
shaolinn
If you actually think alternate.de live updates their queue think again. You preordered a item which clearly stated date of delivery unknown, which means you agree to these conditions upon ordering and will be informed once your item is ready for shipping.

When I placed my order on Sept. 17th a few minutes after alternate.de listed the card for the first time it was stated as „in stock - delivery within 48h“.
A few days later I received a mail from Alternate saying that their supplier did not manage to deliver the promised number of cards.
So in my case I ordered a card that was listed as available and the shop instantly took my money. A few days later they told me „Sorry, currently no cards available. Not our fault. We don‘t know when they will be available again.“

It‘s not that I am impatient. I have plenty of other hobbies to spend my time on. I also bought a house a few months ago and my wife and I are expecting our first child. So there are lots of other things to do ;)
I am just disappointed of the way of communication of all parties involved. The retailers and AIBs both are saying „sorry, no ETA“. Most of the AIBs are actually acting like they don‘t even know how many cards are being produced in their factories every week.

I ordered several products on their release in the past few years and I never experienced such a chaos and lack of communication.
I preordered an iPhone some years ago, and also had to wait like 5 weeks for it, but at least there were frequent status updates by the retailer and Apple. There were tables which listed all variants and gave an estimated shipping date, like „if you ordered one with 128 GB memory and black color between Sept. 16th-20th, then you will most likely receive it in CW44“.

EVGA just messed up the same way as all other AIBs even though they have that „great“ queuing system in the US.
Jacob does not seem to have a problem replying to the same questions from US customers over and over and over again („Is this card eligible for step up?“, „Can we expect mails to go out today?“, „any more FTW3s this week?“,...) but he is ignoring nearly every single question concerning the EU.
And streams should not be the main source for information. You cannot expect people to watch hours of streams just to find the answer to their specific question.

I have exclusively been buying EVGA GPUs since the 8800GTX and I know how great their support is. And that is the main reason why I won‘t cancel my preorder and just wait until I receive it some day. I did not contact Alternate in any way and I just tried tweeting to Jacob two times. And that is all the communication that will be done from my side (despite posting here ;) ).

As I said, I am just disappointed how this situation is handled by NVidia, the AIBs and retailers.
post edited by N3m3s1s - 2020/10/18 12:54:42
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 13:43:38 (permalink)
Splash87
Alright - you do you. Keep telling yourself that EVGA is supplying the EU as equally as the US.

I’m not going to have a discussion with someone who is blind for statements put out by retailers themselves.

And you clearly don't get since you didn't order directly from the EVGA store, they are not obligated to inform you and can't give you any information on Etailers they are supplying.  Most people are going for the FTW3 editions which were announced to be delayed in the first place and it was clear at that point they will be behind on supply. So either you are patient and are willing to wait for it or go for the next best brand. As for US receiving more EVGA cards . You literally have 0 proof and are the one making assumptions. Newegg in fact sent out cards that were not suppose to be sold as a standalone in the first place and were meant for prebuilt systems only. They didn't even come with correct packaging and were delivered damaged in some cases because of it.  That alone already speaks volumes of the limited supply when retailers are doing shortcuts such as those. You speak of proof when you offer none of your own expect the word of retailers covering their own asses.  You don't seem to get what you were agreeing on when hit preorder on an item that was listed  as delivery time unknown. And you are not actually having a discussion you are throwing blame from statements made by retailers that offered preorders on items they did not secure in the first place. Blaming the other guy is the easiest trick in the book. EVGA may or may not have done what any business does and stocked according to their previous sales figures based on location. The 3080 shortage is a global thing across all brands. All you are really doing is playing a game of he said she said without looking at the actual problem.  It was trash launch to begin with in a time of a pandemic where allot of people are sitting at home with nothing to do but game inflating demand so much there was no way supply could keep up. We all know what happened in the cryptomining craze back at the 1xxx days and how that effected pricing and supply. By all means defend retailers that are charging way above msrp because of a supply shortage. I'll take their statements with a grain of salt.

And literally I was just making a point with  how passive aggressive you are being. Especially since you did not order from EVGA directly and the situation you are in atm was created by the retailer you ordered from and you apparently unknowingly agreeing to their conditions, without possessing the patience of it to eventually arrive by end of this month. You still have the option to request a refund at any time and pick any other brand of your choosing. It won't get you a 3080 any sooner and you will not have the option of a step up program or using a close loop cooling block as it will void your warranty, but suite yourself.
3090OC2200
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 13:48:35 (permalink)
shaolinn you the one beeing ignorant just stop posting in this thread its non of your biz or are you representing evga?
Overdos3
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/18 13:54:12 (permalink)
shaolinn
Splash87

And you clearly don't get since you didn't order directly from the EVGA store, they are not obligated to inform you and can't give you any information on Etailers they are supplying.  Most people are going for the FTW3 editions which were announced to be delayed in the first place and it was clear at that point they will be behind on supply. So either you are patient and are willing to wait for it or go for the next best brand. As for US receiving more EVGA cards . You literally have 0 proof and are the one making assumptions. Newegg in fact sent out cards that were not suppose to be sold as a standalone in the first place and were meant for prebuilt systems only. They didn't even come with correct packaging and were delivered damaged in some cases because of it.  That alone already speaks volumes of the limited supply when retailers are doing shortcuts such as those. You speak of proof when you offer none of your own expect the word of retailers covering their own asses.  You don't seem to get what you were agreeing on when hit preorder on an item that was listed  as delivery time unknown. And you are not actually having a discussion you are throwing blame from statements made by retailers that offered preorders on items they did not secure in the first place. Blaming the other guy is the easiest trick in the book. EVGA may or may not have done what any business does and stocked according to their previous sales figures based on location. The 3080 shortage is a global thing across all brands. All you are really doing is playing a game of he said she said without looking at the actual problem.  It was trash launch to begin with in a time of a pandemic where allot of people are sitting at home with nothing to do but game inflating demand so much there was no way supply could keep up. We all know what happened in the cryptomining craze back at the 1xxx days and how that effected pricing and supply. By all means defend retailers that are charging way above msrp because of a supply shortage. I'll take their statements with a grain of salt.

And literally I was just making a point with  how passive-aggressive you are being. Especially since you did not order from EVGA directly and the situation you are in atm was created by the retailer you ordered from and you apparently unknowingly agreeing to their conditions, without possessing the patience of it to eventually arrive by end of this month. You still have the option to request a refund at any time and pick any other brand of your choosing. It won't get you a 3080 any sooner and you will not have the option of a step up program or using a close loop cooling block as it will void your warranty, but suite yourself.

I hear what you're saying shaolin, but here in Europe the EVGA store is abandoned we cannot order directly from them, literally impossible. This is the reason why Europe has to count on the official retailers of EVGA for the region. The official retailers took significant orders that are still not delivered even if the order was on the 17th of September at 3pm (release time). We follow the orders quite meticulously in french forums all those who ordered EVGA cards be it XC3 or FTW3 didn't receive cards for the past 3 weeks, some XC3 were sent the 23rd of september very few but since then deliveries are stopped.

We would love to order directly from evga have a queue system wait patiently for my turn I would love that even if I have to wait till December, I will still take that compared to having an order at Amazon EU with no specific delivery that and taking the risk of it been canceled. It's the risk of cancelation that scares me the most thus waiting till December or January in a queue and be assured to have a card would be great.

Unfortunately, no communication from EVGA except "Working on IT Lal".
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile