EVGA

What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 19 of 88
Author
NourZ
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 09:28:52 (permalink)
My 3080 ftw3 ultra is also in preparation by Topachat. Order placed on 17/9 @ 15:07 CET
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 09:31:51 (permalink)
Just read on twitter that the US customers who queued for the 3080 Ultra have had a large drop (again) queue time went forward with 15 minutes. Shame that we are considered lesser valued customers living in a different part if the world, otherwise they surely would distribute the cards more evenly.

Also - Have a look at this letter that AMD send to their partners on 20/10/2020
post edited by Splash87 - 2020/10/21 10:10:02

Attached Image(s)

Aleric94
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 10:24:16 (permalink)
Splash87
Just read on twitter that the US customers who queued for the 3080 Ultra have had a large drop (again) queue time went forward with 15 minutes. Shame that we are considered lesser valued customers living in a different part if the world, otherwise they surely would distribute the cards more evenly.

Yea afaik EVGA prioritizes the higher models and doesn't even produce XC3 atm.
AMD won't have much stock either. But I like the "NDA" part. yet it's available to public.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 10:37:17 (permalink)
Conker1970
I was seemingly lucky that i got told because i wanted to cancel my order for a AMD Card.
Then he said im 15th dunno where he got that from...

Hoping that's not the case ofc but it seems more like a desperate thing to say in order to keep you as a customer for the card. Like " hey guy, you're 15th stay there please" gives you hope that you'll get one very soon but if they keep sending only 4 cards per shipment you'll have to wait quite a bit (it seems for EU there's maybe one shipment a week if not even less... according to Jacob's tweets to try and determinate how often shipment to EU is sent).

Fingers crossed for everyone, I have to admit I don't really care much anymore about EVGA now, I have been so disappointed already that it doesn't matter anymore to me. TUF / Strix / X Trio / FTW3 whatever as long as the price is close to MSRP (that's eliminating a lot of retailers already, only Amazon stays in the race in my country). I'm not as hyped as I was before when I saw GamersNexus review about the FTW3 especially after being treated that way by EVGA for weeks. 

I really hope AMD chokes Nvidia cards. 

Aleric94
Splash87

AMD won't have much stock either. But I like the "NDA" part. yet it's available to public.

I mean, it'll be hard to have much stock when they say " Restrict sales for the first 3 weeks ". That's like inversed scalping, they won't have as much scalpers as Nvidia did but on the other hand they won't have as much stock available anyway since they'll restrict it, kinda beating the whole point of fighting scalpers... That's like to say, a full refuelling is too expensive, then the guy just gives you half a refuel instead. It's still going to be as expensive when you do the other half... It's just smoke and mirrors. If anything it might even encourage retailers to sell directly as higher priced cards as they'll know they won't have a good supply for at least 3 weeks .... 
post edited by Huntercyril - 2020/10/21 10:40:35
Gogod2020
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 272
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 11:13:54 (permalink)
Averomoe
Conker1970
I dont sorry :( Apparently end of October supposed to be flooding the market with RTX 3080 wait and see(Cause of Big Navi)

Why are people sure that suddenly nVidia will flood the market just because auf Navi2? You all have no proofs for that (dont take it personally, I just want to help people not to feel hope just of your baseless comments ^^)

Its simple logic: The more card options the less demand for 3080. I know many people who don't really need (or want to spend) for 3080 but they are rushing to buy because rush rush rush. Now if we have 3070 and more AIB availability and bignavi etc then there will be more product. And lets not forget that everyone who gets a card now exits the queue so every person getting their card today is one less person to worry about tomorrow.

Intel Core 10700K, Z490 Aorus Elite AC v.1.0, GSkill 32GB 3000/CL14, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair HX1200, Dell S2721DGF, DRP4, Be Quiet SW3 140mm pwm high speed x4, Be Quiet 500DX, Samsung NVME 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung SATA 860 Evo 1TB
Aleric94
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 11:21:28 (permalink)
It is what it is, a ****ing joke.
PhenixChaos
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 12:12:41 (permalink)
2 days before +50/100€ on some French Resellers for EVGA cards...

My first Mind was: mmmmmh do they know some EVGA cards will arrive ?
This day: a small amount of cards EVGA under 15 days 
Reaction: ahahahahahahaha... in fact not funny :(

OleMortenF
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 13:35:49 (permalink)
Still not a single EVGA card in Norway either ☹️ Been waiting since September 19th
tgrahnen
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:19:40 (permalink)
OleMortenF
Still not a single EVGA card in Norway either ☹️ Been waiting since September 19th

Same for me (Sweden)
Conker1970
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:24:43 (permalink)
Well at least i ordered mine for 699€ and it gets a little hot the black gaming but quiet..

Ill keep u all informed if i get it sent.
Can only say what they told me ....

I think Caseking arent desparate to keep me hanging on maybe was the part about cancelling but really they are a huge store in germany...

Wait and see!
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:30:44 (permalink)
Here's the latest news about the EU queue system:

"Not yet unfortunately. Will update soon."

Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:31:11 (permalink)
Huntercyril
Conker1970
I was seemingly lucky that i got told because i wanted to cancel my order for a AMD Card.
Then he said im 15th dunno where he got that from...

Hoping that's not the case ofc but it seems more like a desperate thing to say in order to keep you as a customer for the card. Like " hey guy, you're 15th stay there please" gives you hope that you'll get one very soon but if they keep sending only 4 cards per shipment you'll have to wait quite a bit (it seems for EU there's maybe one shipment a week if not even less... according to Jacob's tweets to try and determinate how often shipment to EU is sent).

Fingers crossed for everyone, I have to admit I don't really care much anymore about EVGA now, I have been so disappointed already that it doesn't matter anymore to me. TUF / Strix / X Trio / FTW3 whatever as long as the price is close to MSRP (that's eliminating a lot of retailers already, only Amazon stays in the race in my country). I'm not as hyped as I was before when I saw GamersNexus review about the FTW3 especially after being treated that way by EVGA for weeks. 

I really hope AMD chokes Nvidia cards. 

Aleric94
Splash87

I mean, it'll be hard to have much stock when they say " Restrict sales for the first 3 weeks ". That's like inversed scalping, they won't have as much scalpers as Nvidia did but on the other hand they won't have as much stock available anyway since they'll restrict it, kinda beating the whole point of fighting scalpers... That's like to say, a full refuelling is too expensive, then the guy just gives you half a refuel instead. It's still going to be as expensive when you do the other half... It's just smoke and mirrors. If anything it might even encourage retailers to sell directly as higher priced cards as they'll know they won't have a good supply for at least 3 weeks .... 

Well I think it’s a good thing AMD has sent these letters to all the retailers. Atleast it shows they have been paying attention to NVIDIA’s failed launch. Hope for a better launch. Fingers crossed, 8 days from now.

Attached Image(s)

Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:31:23 (permalink)
In France the few cards that people got seemed to be almost exclusively on the LDLC Network (LDLC bought out 2 other retailers, and they had like 70% of France's launch day stock...) and their prices are just insane, I don't know how people find the stupidity to buy there. I'm not paying 1100€ for a card that costs 850€, retailers smoked drugs or something.
And I'm stunned that I didn't see Amazon.fr cards. I would have hoped Amazon being the giant they are getting way more orders. While people can complain about Amazon's ethics, at least they don't inflate the price to make huge margins like LDLC is currently doing.

I've put Amazon alerts on mail and phone and everything so unless the other french retailers starts acting like decent retailers and lower prices, I'll wait for Amazon as it's probably going to be the only one selling at MSRP. 

igralec84

I wish instead of that Jacob would say it's going to take at least a week or two. Don't need to be very precise but at least some time window. Soon loses its meaning once it's used for a long enough period. It's like waiting for Half Life 3. 

Conker : Sure but if everyone starts cancelling their order because nobody sends or says anything it will begin to be trouble for them. Like maybe they managed to have good contracts with Nvidia & AIBs but don't have such good terms with AMD & Aibs ? Idk, huge store so probably unlikely but at this moment, any card's sale is a sale so it would make some sense.
post edited by Huntercyril - 2020/10/21 14:40:55
NourZ
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:44:12 (permalink)
Huntercyril
In France the few cards that people got seemed to be almost exclusively on the LDLC Network (LDLC bought out 2 other retailers, and they had like 70% of France's launch day stock...) and their prices are just insane, I don't know how people find the stupidity to buy there. I'm not paying 1100€ for a card that costs 850€, retailers smoked drugs or something.
And I'm stunned that I didn't see Amazon.fr cards. I would have hoped Amazon being the giant they are getting way more orders. While people can complain about Amazon's ethics, at least they don't inflate the price to make huge margins like LDLC is currently doing.

I've put Amazon alerts on mail and phone and everything so unless the other french retailers starts acting like decent retailers and lower prices, I'll wait for Amazon as it's probably going to be the only one selling at MSRP. 

igralec84

I wish instead of that Jacob would say it's going to take at least a week or two. Don't need to be very precise but at least some time window. Soon loses its meaning once it's used for a long enough period. It's like waiting for Half Life 3. 

Conker : Sure but if everyone starts cancelling their order because nobody sends or says anything it will begin to be trouble for them. Like maybe they managed to have good contracts with Nvidia & AIBs but don't have such good terms with AMD & Aibs ? Idk, huge store so probably unlikely but at this moment, any card's sale is a sale so it would make some sense.

The cards (ftw3) weren't sold for 1100eur but at 900eur like mine. The price went up after the cards were out of stock.  
kimahn
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 14:58:20 (permalink)
rejoice brothers, i just got my xc3 ultra gaming on materiel.net, ordered the17/09 15h31
J letter on the order. (the order is prepared, i assume it's good) i hope we all do that cyberpunk in the best conditions possible :)
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 15:00:31 (permalink)
NourZ
Huntercyril

igralec84

The cards (ftw3) weren't sold for 1100eur but at 900eur like mine. The price went up after the cards were out of stock.  

1) 900 isn't MSRP price for a FTW3 in France, it's around 800 (or 850 for the Ultra). That was already 100€ higher than the price I expected to pay therefore I wasn't ready nor will I ever be ready to pay that much over MSRP. I'll just give them a middle finger and wait somewhere else.
2) Launch day at Materiel.net they were already 80€ higher than MSRP at launch, and when I checked LDLC they were even higher than Materiel.net. After hours the FTW3 were at 1000€. And after days at 1100€.

Anyway, in France 900€ for a 3080 of that class (FTW3 / Strix) is way too much. Around 800 like the FTW3 Non Ultra is fine, above that it's just a big NO-NO for me.

Splash87
Well I think it’s a good thing AMD has sent these letters to all the retailers. Atleast it shows they have been paying attention to NVIDIA’s failed launch. Hope for a better launch. Fingers crossed, 8 days from now.

AMD Launch isn't in 8 days, it's only their announcement. And we can turn to Zen 3 announcement to see that it will probably be launched in about 3 weeks / one month, which make sense because it will then be launched after every console equipped with AMD hardware, allowing consoles to get a head start on their sales and stuff (because computer stuff is more powerful than the total 300W max hardware delivered by these next gen consoles).

kimahn
rejoice brothers, i just got my xc3 ultra gaming on materiel.net, ordered the17/09 15h31
J letter on the order. (the order is prepared, i assume it's good) i hope we all do that cyberpunk in the best conditions possible :)

"Funny ", I ordered a XC3 Non ultra few minutes before you on the same site, I cancelled it like a week later, and I don't regret it considering the +80€ over MSRP. I might have gotten a 3080 already but overpriced and overheating and all. Glad I canceled my order tbh.
I hope you get it quick though. 
post edited by Huntercyril - 2020/10/21 15:02:39
Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 15:06:40 (permalink)
Huntercyril
NourZ
Huntercyril

igralec84

1) 900 isn't MSRP price for a FTW3 in France, it's around 800 (or 850 for the Ultra). That was already 100€ higher than the price I expected to pay therefore I wasn't ready nor will I ever be ready to pay that much over MSRP. I'll just give them a middle finger and wait somewhere else.
2) Launch day at Materiel.net they were already 80€ higher than MSRP at launch, and when I checked LDLC they were even higher than Materiel.net. After hours the FTW3 were at 1000€. And after days at 1100€.

Anyway, in France 900€ for a 3080 of that class (FTW3 / Strix) is way too much. Around 800 like the FTW3 Non Ultra is fine, above that it's just a big NO-NO for me.

Splash87

AMD Launch isn't in 8 days, it's only their announcement. And we can turn to Zen 3 announcement to see that it will probably be launched in about 3 weeks / one month, which make sense because it will then be launched after every console equipped with AMD hardware, allowing consoles to get a head start on their sales and stuff (because computer stuff is more powerful than the total 300W max hardware delivered by these next gen consoles).

kimahn

"Funny ", I ordered a XC3 Non ultra few minutes before you on the same site, I cancelled it like a week later, and I don't regret it considering the +80€ over MSRP. I might have gotten a 3080 already but overpriced and overheating and all. Glad I canceled my order tbh.
I hope you get it quick though. 

The only thing I don’t get about your post is ‘allowing consoles to get a head start.’ Because the PS5 is also all sold out and pre-ordering isnt possible anymore :x
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 15:17:45 (permalink)
Splash87
The only thing I don’t get about your post is ‘allowing consoles to get a head start.’ Because the PS5 is also all sold out and pre-ordering isnt possible anymore :x

In US the PS5 releases the 12th, if AMD releases a month after their announcement of October, then it will leave the PS5 two full weeks to refill stocks at retailers and sell some more consoles. As they all feature AMD hardware it's a win win for AMD so they might try to avoid stepping on their own feet, at least that would be my guess. We'll know more in a week, it's possible they might do the opposite and fast-track their AMD cards launch, but given the stocks issue it's probably better for them to build some solid stock.
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 16:24:59 (permalink)
Thanks for keeping us up to date with the EU queue system (hopefully that includes germany? lol)

Benütze diesen Code um 5% beim Kauf einer GPU und Anderem zu sparen! 
58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 16:40:05 (permalink)
EVGA German and EVGA french sites are just EU site with german / french translation iirc so it should indeed include Germany.
Easy4Breezy
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:36:44 (permalink)
FTW3 Ultra 3090 on Alternate.de in stock atm.
marek2209
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:36:55 (permalink)
FYI:
A few minutes ago, the 3080 XC3 Ultra has been available on Alternate.de.
Price: 904 EUR lol.
120 EUR above EVGA's price..that's sad.
Maybe the FTW3 Ultra was available, too..I don't care anymore ^^
My Palit Gamerock OC will arrive today, seems like a pretty unknown beast until now, no tests yet..But the last generations Gamerock cards have had a pretty awesome cooling, so I hope this one has too. It also has some bling bling, which..I don't know if I will like it :D

marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:38:43 (permalink)
Easy4Breezy
FTW3 Ultra 3090 on Alternate.de in stock atm.

2149 EUR? LOL.
Seen it somewhere else 300 EUR cheaper a few days ago..maybe should have bought it and sell it on Ebay for 2500..sad times.

Splash87
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:43:02 (permalink)
€ 2.149,00?! That’s 300€ above the store price (after deducting the VAT). Whoaaa big profit for Alternate.de
Easy4Breezy
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:44:43 (permalink)
Yep... absolutely crazy.
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:45:00 (permalink)
few other evga drops on alternate about 300-400 above price. shame! whats the point giving those cards to scalpers instead of listing them on official store? @evga
post edited by 4790K - 2020/10/22 02:53:04

58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Bordo46
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:52:22 (permalink)
I have now bought an Evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming from Alternate. I'm tired of waiting. Have been waiting for Alternate since yesterday. I originally ordered the 3080 FTW3 Ultra gaming from Caseking 1 month ago, but the availability is very poor. That's why I accessed the Evga XC3 for the same price as I paid for the FTW3 Ultra.

I think they only have 1 Evga Card of this model

If I get the xc3 Ultra gaming card from Alternate on Saturday I will cancel the evga ftw3 ultra gaming 3080 at Caseking.

I think alternate only had an Evga xc3 3080 in the shop. after I bought that none were available either

I don't know if I did well to have ordered the Evga 3080 xc3. I wanted Evga and now I have the chance. But as I said, I also wanted the FTW3 ultra gaming before becouse the rgb. What do you think was a good decision?
post edited by Bordo46 - 2020/10/22 03:07:14
marek2209
Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 02:54:36 (permalink)
few other evga drops on alternate about 300-400 above price. shame! whats the point giving those cards to scalpers instead of listing them on official store? @evga

It's not scalping, it's just free market economy in its purest form. They probably could sell the 3080's for 1100-1200 EUR at the moment, and they still would be sold out within seconds/minutes - demand is just overwhelming high atm.

Edit: Of course, I also don't like this development and would never pay above 1000 EUR for a 3080..but it's clearly Nvidia, who f... up this whole thing!
post edited by marek2209 - 2020/10/22 02:56:38

Superclocked Member
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 03:01:44 (permalink)
evga could have just listed them in their eu store bro

i know there might be preorders from alternate but under these circumstances they could shipped to real customers first
post edited by 4790K - 2020/10/22 03:06:30

58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Bordo46
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/22 03:08:45 (permalink)
evga could have just listed them in their eu store bro

i know there might be preorders from alternate but under these circumstances they could shipped to real customers first

They say on the bill that i will became the evga xc3 ultra at Friday or Saturday.

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 19 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile