What's going on with EU and 3080's?

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 17 of 88
Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 10:22:23 (permalink)
I've been checking several EU websites and supplies of any RTX 3080/RTX 3090 are zero. Demand is far exceeding supply at this time and probably will be like this for some time to come.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 10:25:35 (permalink)
shaolinn
Huntercyril
shaolinn
jp_no10
Does anyone know if Amazon de has delivered any 3080 ftws and I mean literally any? I have heard of xc3's but can't find any of those being fulfilled by amazon de either.

Sadly there are no official amazon forums where people can give feedback that they have received their cards. There are just reports coming that amazon has around 20K orders each across numerous brands or even cards themselves. Best option is to find out your actual position in such a massive queue straight from amazon. Amazon will eventually fulfill those orders, but since there are no official numbers of the manufacturing capacities of each brand there is no real way to speculate how long it will take. I think it is save to say if you are anywhere around or above 1K you will be waiting weeks or even months.

Personally EVGA should have just listed their official retail partners for EU on their website, as those were the most likely to have secured early deals with them.This also would have resulted in a massive queue tho so I can understand why they did not.

They do actually: https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx and when you're searching for a specific country in EU you go to the same link but on EU site : https://eu.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx
If you're looking for that, it's on the big " Product " category, bottom right " Where to buy "
That being said, they don't list their priority deals, only the retailers with whom they have official business. 

Ah there you have it, well depends how you look at it as "Where to buy" can also just be where their products are stocked be it last gen or the gen before. I was thinking more along the lines of their 3xxx launch retail partners for EU should have been listed, as you mentioned already. Either way demand is just too massive. Nvidia should have predicted it, but it seems even they were surprised and did not expect exactly how big it will actually be. If RNDA2 delivers what it promises  same will happen there, also Zen 3 will have the equal fate. It is just not a good year for launches all together and won't be until the epidemic is dealt with.

Yeah. Though to be honest several reviewers (Jayztwocents & GamersNexus iirc) told in several videos that their contacts reported more hardware sold even in RTX 2000 Series this year due to working from home & stuff, given how good the gap performance is with the 3000 that was easily predictable that more people would jump on board to change their hardware.

Btw, yesterday it seems LDLC (french retailer) sold some FE for 720€. Not sure if I told it on this thread or another on the forum. They sold in 5 minutes because of course you have a 3080 available for 720€ (280€ cheaper than FTW3 Ultra) so yeah people will jump on it. Just in case some people might be interested there might be other retailers in EU selling " soon ", not sure which nor when.
Lokator
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 147
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 11:13:06 (permalink)
lol, today there was a drop on Amazon UK for msrp for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra, delivery date estimated 10th november.....
lol.... still have no delivery date for my amazon DE order at launch date..... this is..... well, if I don´t get my card until then... I will be frustrated...
victorstan
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 11:25:06 (permalink)
Splash87
Hey Europeans,

Nvidia posted a new statement:

[UPDATED 10/19] In Europe, we will restart fulfilment of Founders Edition products in the coming days and plan to expand our country coverage in due course.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

Means the Founders Editions will be back in the store for €719,-

That is good news, but where to buy FE in Europe? Nvidia doesn't sell directly to EU customers and on their Country list for places to buy, only these are featured: ARMENIA, BELARUS, BULGARIA, ESTONIA, GREECE, HUNGARY, ISRAEL, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, PORTUGAL, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, UKRAINE

Which is very strange that mostly poor Balkan countries and the Baltics are featured. Not to mention they put Israel in Europe for which I have no words to describe how wrong that is.
anr11
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 11:49:31 (permalink)
shaolinn
Huntercyril
shaolinn
jp_no10
Does anyone know if Amazon de has delivered any 3080 ftws and I mean literally any? I have heard of xc3's but can't find any of those being fulfilled by amazon de either.

Sadly there are no official amazon forums where people can give feedback that they have received their cards. There are just reports coming that amazon has around 20K orders each across numerous brands or even cards themselves. Best option is to find out your actual position in such a massive queue straight from amazon. Amazon will eventually fulfill those orders, but since there are no official numbers of the manufacturing capacities of each brand there is no real way to speculate how long it will take. I think it is save to say if you are anywhere around or above 1K you will be waiting weeks or even months.

Personally EVGA should have just listed their official retail partners for EU on their website, as those were the most likely to have secured early deals with them.This also would have resulted in a massive queue tho so I can understand why they did not.

They do actually: https://www.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx and when you're searching for a specific country in EU you go to the same link but on EU site : https://eu.evga.com/products/wheretobuy.aspx
If you're looking for that, it's on the big " Product " category, bottom right " Where to buy "
That being said, they don't list their priority deals, only the retailers with whom they have official business. 

Ah there you have it, well depends how you look at it as "Where to buy" can also just be where their products are stocked be it last gen or the gen before. I was thinking more along the lines of their 3xxx launch retail partners for EU should have been listed, as you mentioned already. Either way demand is just too massive. Nvidia should have predicted it, but it seems even they were surprised and did not expect exactly how big it will actually be. If RDNA2 delivers what it promises  same will happen there, also Zen 3 will have the equal fate. It is just not a good year for launches all together and won't be until the epidemic is dealt with.

Oh they expected it. Even online reviewers were already stating in their previews before release that supply would be very limited, probably well into next year. They just couldn't do anything about it due to Samsung's production capacity. Don't believe for a second NV's claims that there is nothing wrong with supply.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 12:03:52 (permalink)
anr11
shaolinn
Huntercyril
shaolinn
jp_no10

Ah there you have it, well depends how you look at it as "Where to buy" can also just be where their products are stocked be it last gen or the gen before. I was thinking more along the lines of their 3xxx launch retail partners for EU should have been listed, as you mentioned already. Either way demand is just too massive. Nvidia should have predicted it, but it seems even they were surprised and did not expect exactly how big it will actually be. If RDNA2 delivers what it promises  same will happen there, also Zen 3 will have the equal fate. It is just not a good year for launches all together and won't be until the epidemic is dealt with.

Oh they expected it. Even online reviewers were already stating in their previews before release that supply would be very limited, probably well into next year. They just couldn't do anything about it due to Samsung's production capacity. Don't believe for a second NV's claims that there is nothing wrong with supply.

No worries fully aware. I'm just remaining neutral so no more arguments get sparked here again and the thread gets closed, because it is still a useful thread for those patiently waiting for their orders.
Sapca11
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 117
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 12:47:23 (permalink)
Small update for EU situation.

Attached Image(s)

Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 13:31:52 (permalink)
Well atleast some feedback on this! thanks for sharing Sapca11

Benütze diesen Code um 5% beim Kauf einer GPU und Anderem zu sparen! 
58UK6COGZQEYSLA
Pug The Sorcerer
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 13:39:31 (permalink)
They are not working on it...if they were working on it, they would have finished it long ago, as it's a simple database lookup task to produce the queue from the data they already have.
They are not working on it...if they were working on it, they would have an eta, even a rough one, of what's needed to complete the task and how long it will take.
There is no stock in Europe to supply the queue....they are not working on it

victorstan
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 13:56:21 (permalink)
Pug The Sorcerer
They are not working on it...if they were working on it, they would have finished it long ago, as it's a simple database lookup task to produce the queue from the data they already have.
They are not working on it...if they were working on it, they would have an eta, even a rough one, of what's needed to complete the task and how long it will take.
There is no stock in Europe to supply the queue....they are not working on it

Exactly! Working on it could very well mean having some guy do it when he gets some free time which could be anywhere from now until Covid-21. No ETA means this is low priority and that they could never do it in the first place. Stop eating anything that guy Jacob says, he is not the Messiah! He works for a company and he follows the company rules and direction. And EVGA right now is a company that does not care about its European customers. I am this close cancelling the EVGA XC3 order and getting a Gigabyte or Asus instead. I can wait 20 days until my birthday, but I won't wait until Xmas for EVGA to move stock from Asia to Europe, it's not like the factories are closed down due to covid. It's not like cargo trucks and boats and planes don't fly due to covid. It's not like couriers don't deliver packaged due to covid. This whole covid blaming is just lazy excuses. E-commerce is doing fantastically and has been all this time. I never had any delays from couriers.

What I want to say is that EVGA DOES NOT WANT to fulfill EU orders, not that it can't do it.
SKeijmel
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 14:25:30 (permalink)
probably 30 for Europe or atleast per country. and 300 pre orders per store. so it will be 2021 when you get a card.
victorstan
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 15:27:13 (permalink)
Yeah, it's very strage. It's as if neither Nvidia nor all card vendors actually want to make money with these cards o_O
victorstan
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 15:33:21 (permalink)
Actually, I just realised something. All PC parts vendors that I looked at in my country and in the EU have super beefy custom builds with 3080s inside them, available to buy right now, but they have zero cards in stock.

Could it be that their "brilliant" marketing and retail managers devised a cross-selling scheme of entire PCs based on one card? OMG, I am laughing so hard right now, I think I woke my neighbours up!

These people are absolutely clueless about their target customers. Who is going to buy a 4000 EUR PC just because it has a 3080 inside? OMG, I AM ROFLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!
post edited by victorstan - 2020/10/20 16:14:30
Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 17:45:23 (permalink)
victorstan
Splash87
Hey Europeans,

Nvidia posted a new statement:

[UPDATED 10/19] In Europe, we will restart fulfilment of Founders Edition products in the coming days and plan to expand our country coverage in due course.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

Means the Founders Editions will be back in the store for €719,-

That is good news, but where to buy FE in Europe? Nvidia doesn't sell directly to EU customers and on their Country list for places to buy, only these are featured: ARMENIA, BELARUS, BULGARIA, ESTONIA, GREECE, HUNGARY, ISRAEL, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, PORTUGAL, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, UKRAINE

Which is very strange that mostly poor Balkan countries and the Baltics are featured. Not to mention they put Israel in Europe for which I have no words to describe how wrong that is.

Nvidia actually does sell in the Western European countries. I don’t know much about the Balkans.
Since Bestbuy is their chosen US partner and scan.co.uk is their UK chosen ones, I hope they choose some of the bigger e-tailers here. For me that would be coolblue.nl, bol.com or amazon as they are multi billion companies with next day delivery and proper warehouses. That said though, if I am to believe Nvidia, I should -theoretically- be able to order from their site again -when- stock is replenished.
Sapca11
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 117
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/20 23:13:01 (permalink)
Ha, I know that update is a non update. Maybe people would have figured that, still it is a mention to the Europe Situation. I had posted the message from my phone.

Yes how some people said before. That update are just words. They keep saying that for almost 1 month. I think it took them around 3-4 days after announcing the queue on NA Side, let's say max 1 week. So if they were working on, it would have been done, especially now that they have the code and the general knowledge of how to implement it quicklier on the EU side than it took on the NA.

Ye honestly, if all you are betting on is EU EVGA site, then that is a bad bet. Also I think you should branch on other competing GPU's for EU, like ASUS even Gigabyte.
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 00:55:56 (permalink)
Or a RX 6900XT next week :)

I don't care anymore, just want something that does 4K 60fps in 9/10 games and can be bought in the EU normally. Team green, team red, team EVGA or team unicorn rainbow, who cares. 

jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 01:52:38 (permalink)
Sapca11
Ha, I know that update is a non update. Maybe people would have figured that, still it is a mention to the Europe Situation. I had posted the message from my phone.

Yes how some people said before. That update are just words. They keep saying that for almost 1 month. I think it took them around 3-4 days after announcing the queue on NA Side, let's say max 1 week. So if they were working on, it would have been done, especially now that they have the code and the general knowledge of how to implement it quicklier on the EU side than it took on the NA.

Ye honestly, if all you are betting on is EU EVGA site, then that is a bad bet. Also I think you should branch on other competing GPU's for EU, like ASUS even Gigabyte.

We still don't have news on the Europe queue do we?
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 01:56:02 (permalink)
"working on it, no ETA"

jp_no10
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 02:00:34 (permalink)
Sounds about right.
Easy4Breezy
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 02:03:30 (permalink)
Give me a day and we have a working queue... only excuses. Ordered a Strix OC a week ago.. bored of this.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 02:18:06 (permalink)
Easy4Breezy
Give me a day and we have a working queue... only excuses. Ordered a Strix OC a week ago.. bored of this.

ALL manufacturers are having supply issues. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Easy4Breezy
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 02:20:40 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Yes, but atleast the send some stock to europe.
Pug The Sorcerer
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 02:38:53 (permalink)
working on it, no ETA....yet again we get the same, lame, I've no interest in this topic... brush-off we've been getting for weeks.

This would have been my fourth evga card, wasn't even going to consider another manufacturer, and I pre-ordered on day of release.
Since then I've seen and read enough, like countless others, to know it'll be months before I see the product I paid for...so I cancelled and got a refund.
Not out of impatience, but mainly due to the product development manager, and as a result, evga's attitude towards the European market.
Scraps have been fed to Scan and Caseking....all other retailers have are being given zero information on any evga cards.
There's been no European queue system implemented...and no aparent urgency in creating one either.

The statement given out by OCUK, that evga were concentrating on the US market first, I can only assume came down through their supply chain when they enquired about availability of stock.
I would like to see them try and deny this now, as they did two weeks ago.

Every Videocard Goes to America

Splash87
  • Total Posts : 79
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 03:06:41 (permalink)
Pug The Sorcerer
working on it, no ETA....yet again we get the same, lame, I've no interest in this topic... brush-off we've been getting for weeks.

This would have been my fourth evga card, wasn't even going to consider another manufacturer, and I pre-ordered on day of release.
Since then I've seen and read enough, like countless others, to know it'll be months before I see the product I paid for...so I cancelled and got a refund.
Not out of impatience, but mainly due to the product development manager, and as a result, evga's attitude towards the European market.
Scraps have been fed to Scan and Caseking....all other retailers have are being given zero information on any evga cards.
There's been no European queue system implemented...and no aparent urgency in creating one either.

The statement given out by OCUK, that evga were concentrating on the US market first, I can only assume came down through their supply chain when they enquired about availability of stock.
I would like to see them try and deny this now, as they did two weeks ago.

Every Videocard Goes to America

I have been saying the exact same. I don’t understand why they allow new orders, even through a queue system when they have not fulfilled their orders that were placed by European retailers. Should a manufacturer not first fulfill an order before taking new ones? In my honest opinion they should put a halt on the EVGA US store and use that supply to fulfill orders that were placed in the EU months ago.
Gogod2020
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 272
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 03:20:20 (permalink)
victorstan

You might want to be a bit more careful with your choice of words when referring to other people's countries ye? Its a disgrace to become political due to desperation for not having your GPU at hand. Learn to respect why don't you. Or you think because you live in a western country you are somehow better or deserve more? What an appalling post.

Intel Core 10700K, Z490 Aorus Elite AC v.1.0, GSkill 32GB 3000/CL14, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair HX1200, Dell S2721DGF, DRP4, Be Quiet SW3 140mm pwm high speed x4, Be Quiet 500DX, Samsung NVME 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung SATA 860 Evo 1TB
Gogod2020
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 272
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 03:27:35 (permalink)
rjohnson11

You should at least inform your retails of your ETA because some of them don't implement refund policy for in-store-orders and we practically have our money withheld without an option to even buy other card they say "if you want another brand you must prepay another separate deposit". Its been over a month since launch now you should at least offer some stock to be pushed through retail because there are people who have pre-ordered at retailers since September.

Implementing separate queues bypasses customers who chose to buy from retailers/etailers. Not very fair is it. I mean as an EU customer I can't enter the US queue so how exactly do I enter the line to receive product if you are not even administering a queue system for the retailers...

Intel Core 10700K, Z490 Aorus Elite AC v.1.0, GSkill 32GB 3000/CL14, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair HX1200, Dell S2721DGF, DRP4, Be Quiet SW3 140mm pwm high speed x4, Be Quiet 500DX, Samsung NVME 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung SATA 860 Evo 1TB
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 04:11:36 (permalink)
Gogod2020
victorstan

You might want to be a bit more careful with your choice of words when referring to other people's countries ye? Its a disgrace to become political due to desperation for not having your GPU at hand. Learn to respect why don't you. Or you think because you live in a western country you are somehow better or deserve more? What an appalling post.

That's also incorrect for him to say that, as France got some FE sold on LDLC (french retailers) two days ago. The list probably hasn't been updated because they didn't know precisely which retailers are which countries they'll have to send. 
Also it's not rare to tag EU with EMEAI (Europe, Middle East, Africa, India) like EVGA does on their Where To Buy section. That's not a political stance by any means and I agree that he should stay steer of any political vindication just because he doesn't know where to buy one / can't buy one.
TomSchu
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 04:22:11 (permalink)
calm down, he is not that wrong. i think he is talking out of nvidias position and their strategy to satisfy "big markets" and countries with a lot of potential buyers. its strange why they nearly ignore big customer countries like germany and france and sent gpus to greece where far less people can afford a rtx 3080. its strange. that has nothing to do with "we are better in western europe"... nice for people in greece but still a strange marketing strategy.
marek2209
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 04:23:09 (permalink)
To be honest: At the moment, I fully lost hope to get the EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra in the next time..
Seems like the other manufacturers have problems regarding stock, too.
I had a Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC which I sold on the weekend - I was hoping that the overall situation would become better this week, but it seems like it's getting even worse. Plus, the non-existing communication from EVGA towards EU is pretty much frustrating. Some statement like "we have issues with stock/export/import, sorry for the delay", "we will not implement queue system in EU/DE store until we have enough stock, sorry" or something like that would be highly appreciated.. but the same sentence over and over and over again..
So at that point, I will observe what AMD will deliver..but I don't think that stocks will last long there, too..
I surely will check the shops occasionally for a 3080 - but my focus will rather be Asus, MSI and Gigabyte. Don't know what to do with my Caseking EVGA pre-order, but will probably hold it until Big Navi launch.
I also have a both a PS5 and XBox Series X pre-order, so I was thinking to sell my whole gaming PC. But I just don't get used to playing shooters with a gamepad
post edited by marek2209 - 2020/10/21 04:26:16

Averomoe
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: What's going on with EU and 3080's? 2020/10/21 05:02:19 (permalink)
So you sold your Gigabyte 3089 for what reason exactly?
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 17 of 88
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile