EVGA

Helpful ReplyUltimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 21
Author
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/07 18:11:14 (permalink)
b4bylon

maniacvvv is there a way to tell the nvidia installer to make the temp directory somewhere else than C drive? like an parametter when u start the wizard? Thanks.

Why? its only a few hundred MB's
You can "browse" and put it elsewhere (it just the extraction location)

Are you sure we are talking about the extraction file? your post makes it sound like the Nvidia Windows folder
you do NOT -ever- move or tamper with that folder, or you will be formatting your OS drive

Subliminal9
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/07 21:54:07 (permalink)
Hello Again;

Time once again for fun and frolic with Video Card and Driver installation.  I'm back with an interesting thing that happened when I finally upgraded my GPU.

A little further back in this thread I got some excellent and accurate info on how to upgrade my drivers and it worked like a charm.  There were no problems with the old card ... well except the fact that it was overheating.  Thus the new card.  Since the current version of the drivers were the same for both cards, all I had to do was drop in the new card.  Of course by thinking it would be simple, I angered the Tech Spirits.  Being a little more thorough from the start this time.  So get ready for a long one ... here is what is happening now that I need help with.

current mobo::       EVGA nForce 780i SLI FTW  132-YW-E178-A1
old GPU::                EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+  01G-P3-N880-AR
current GPU::         EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked 1280 MB
                                     012-P3-1572-AR

I removed the old GPU and installed the GTX570.  After all the restarting it gave the pop-up of found new hardware as shown below.

and

It took 4 cancels to close and I began the clean re-install of the current drivers.  Having already checked the thread and the download site, I saw that there were updated drivers.  But I wanted the get the current up and running first.  So did the clean re-install of 301.42 as below.

After the restart, the found new hardware and searching for drivers pop-ups still occurred.  So I thought it might have been a matter of now outdated drivers so I did a clean install of drivers 310.90 and restarted.

After doing all this I still get the searching for drivers and found new hardware on each startup.  Now some of the games which clearly support the card are saying they don't as if the drivers are not identified or present.  I'm afraid this may be a growing trend and that somehow the card is not truly installed.  All other functions are fine (for now) once you click cancel 4 time at start-up or I would not be able to send this.

So there it all is.  How can I really install my new card?  I'm almost positive that one crucial step has been missed somewhere.  Maybe I should have just installed the drivers from the disc first?  Any ideas you have will be very welcome.  And as before ... thank you in advance

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/07 22:02:55 (permalink)
Subliminal9

Hello Again;

Time once again for fun and frolic with Video Card and Driver installation.  I'm back with an interesting thing that happened when I finally upgraded my GPU.

A little further back in this thread I got some excellent and accurate info on how to upgrade my drivers and it worked like a charm.  There were no problems with the old card ... well except the fact that it was overheating.  Thus the new card.  Since the current version of the drivers were the same for both cards, all I had to do was drop in the new card.  Of course by thinking it would be simple, I angered the Tech Spirits.  Being a little more thorough from the start this time.  So get ready for a long one ... here is what is happening now that I need help with.

current mobo::       EVGA nForce 780i SLI FTW  132-YW-E178-A1
old GPU::                EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+  01G-P3-N880-AR
current GPU::         EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked 1280 MB
                                    012-P3-1572-AR

I removed the old GPU and installed the GTX570.  After all the restarting it gave the pop-up of found new hardware as shown below.

and

It took 4 cancels to close and I began the clean re-install of the current drivers.  Having already checked the thread and the download site, I saw that there were updated drivers.  But I wanted the get the current up and running first.  So did the clean re-install of 301.42 as below.

After the restart, the found new hardware and searching for drivers pop-ups still occurred.  So I thought it might have been a matter of now outdated drivers so I did a clean install of drivers 310.90 and restarted.

After doing all this I still get the searching for drivers and found new hardware on each startup.  Now some of the games which clearly support the card are saying they don't as if the drivers are not identified or present.  I'm afraid this may be a growing trend and that somehow the card is not truly installed.  All other functions are fine (for now) once you click cancel 4 time at start-up or I would not be able to send this.

So there it all is.  How can I really install my new card?  I'm almost positive that one crucial step has been missed somewhere.  Maybe I should have just installed the drivers from the disc first?  Any ideas you have will be very welcome.  And as before ... thank you in advance

Let it search for new device software
Its either the DX update or possibly a WDM update

Is your Win XP 32 completely updated with SP3?

Subliminal9
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/07 22:35:33 (permalink)
Hi there Maniac;
     Yes my WinXP SP3 is all updated.  For quite a while actually.  Just updated some of the minor bits tonight.  So I will try letting it search and get back to you in a bit.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/07 22:37:57 (permalink)
Please let me know, not many running that config now....
Might help me with someone else

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/07 22:43:10 (permalink)
Subliminal9

Hi there Maniac;
    Yes my WinXP SP3 is all updated.  For quite a while actually.  Just updated some of the minor bits tonight.  So I will try letting it search and get back to you in a bit.

I have to work on something now, so I sent you a PM
Call me if you need to

LAIKA1
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 06:02:34 (permalink)
Thank you for all your help!
Subliminal9
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 14:29:12 (permalink)
Hello again Maniacvvv:

And tomorrow is indeed another day with fresh eyes on the problem.  Thank you so much for your help.  I indeed went through each of the pop-ups and let it check for software.  None was found for each.  I went through every area I could check and the new drivers were installed.  The nVidia Control Panel was up to date and listed the current card and settings.  Even the game which wasn't working identified the correct GPU.

So I took the leap and did something I hadn't done on the previous "New Hardware Found" pop-ups.  As shown below, I left the check in the box that said don't prompt me again.  Yes, something so "simple" ... there's that word again  and that was it.  Four checked boxes and no more pop-ups ... (for now)

And also, by the time I checked the game forums there was already a post noting that others were having the same "Video Card Unsupported" error.  So it was nothing to do with the GTX570.

Thanks for going that extra distance with your help and have a great weekend.  No wait ... have a great year
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 15:49:48 (permalink)
Subliminal9

Hello again Maniacvvv:

And tomorrow is indeed another day with fresh eyes on the problem.  Thank you so much for your help.  I indeed went through each of the pop-ups and let it check for software.  None was found for each.  I went through every area I could check and the new drivers were installed.  The nVidia Control Panel was up to date and listed the current card and settings.  Even the game which wasn't working identified the correct GPU.

So I took the leap and did something I hadn't done on the previous "New Hardware Found" pop-ups.  As shown below, I left the check in the box that said don't prompt me again.  Yes, something so "simple" ... there's that word again  and that was it.  Four checked boxes and no more pop-ups ... (for now)

And also, by the time I checked the game forums there was already a post noting that others were having the same "Video Card Unsupported" error.  So it was nothing to do with the GTX570.

Thanks for going that extra distance with your help and have a great weekend.  No wait ... have a great year

Your welcome

Do, go and make sure your Direct X is updated for your new card
Go here http://www.microsoft.com/...oad/details.aspx?id=35
Download and then RUN the DXwebsetup.exe
*This will check for any DX updates and do them for you, if any are found

b4bylon
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 252
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 19:16:08 (permalink)
maniacvvv

b4bylon

maniacvvv is there a way to tell the nvidia installer to make the temp directory somewhere else than C drive? like an parametter when u start the wizard? Thanks.

Are you sure we are talking about the extraction file? your post makes it sound like the Nvidia Windows folder
you do NOT -ever- move or tamper with that folder, or you will be formatting your OS drive

Hi again

Well I was talking about the Setup Wizard, he is making an temp folder on the C drive.   Some stuff goes in the program data folder, some stuff in the program file x86 folder, and a lot of stuff goes to Windows   and the Users/<username>/appdata/      ..... my hard drive is old , 5 years old, then it was running windows me on it , the C partition has only 15 GB, after and I use a lot of programs that require to install common files onto the C drive. after I compressed the drive and moved ALL the temporary folders on the other drives i managed to get 600MB free,  IF I try to install/update nvidia drivers , i cant . i need at least 1.2 Gb free to get a succes instalation. I monitorized the instalation proceses. U should try this too. when u install nvidia video drivers press F5, and watch carefully ur C drive :) .... and there is a peak in disk load , exactly when the setup wizard finishes the installation of the graphics driver.

I want to buy a SSD disk as soon as possible but i needed a quick fix for this matter, cause the last set of  drivers (310) caused a lot of trouble to  my Sli system.

Thanks.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 19:34:31 (permalink)
b4bylon

maniacvvv

b4bylon

Hi again

Well I was talking about the Setup Wizard, he is making an temp folder on the C drive.   Some stuff goes in the program data folder, some stuff in the program file x86 folder, and a lot of stuff goes to Windows   and the Users/<username>/appdata/      ..... my hard drive is old , 5 years old, then it was running windows me on it , the C partition has only 15 GB, after and I use a lot of programs that require to install common files onto the C drive. after I compressed the drive and moved ALL the temporary folders on the other drives i managed to get 600MB free,  IF I try to install/update nvidia drivers , i cant . i need at least 1.2 Gb free to get a succes instalation. I monitorized the instalation proceses. U should try this too. when u install nvidia video drivers press F5, and watch carefully ur C drive :) .... and there is a peak in disk load , exactly when the setup wizard finishes the installation of the graphics driver.

I want to buy a SSD disk as soon as possible but i needed a quick fix for this matter, cause the last set of  drivers (310) caused a lot of trouble to  my Sli system.

Thanks.

In that case, yes
When the installer asks for a location to extract the files to, simply browse to where you want to launch from.
As for the files its installs, they must be installed in the correct locations or the driver will not function.
After installing the Nvidia extraction folder may be deleted
*(the default (by the installer) location is shown below

Attached Image(s)

b4bylon
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 252
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 20:47:08 (permalink)
maniacvvv

b4bylon

maniacvvv

b4bylon

Hi again

Thanks.

In that case, yes
When the installer asks for a location to extract the files to, simply browse to where you want to launch from.
As for the files its installs, they must be installed in the correct locations or the driver will not function.
After installing the Nvidia extraction folder may be deleted
*(the default (by the installer) location is shown below

I am reffering strict to the "setup.exe" file , if can accept parametters regarding the temp folder he is creating while he is installing graphic drivers and the software required by the drivers.

or a change in the  "Setup.cfg" file .... i will come with an later edit. and tell If i had any succes.

Attached Image(s)

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/08 22:16:03 (permalink)
Oh, thats highly risky
Should the installer not have the correct permissions and install incorrectly, you could blow the OS install up.

I guess we will see. 
Personally I would not even attempt it, as there are just too many unknowns and things could go wrong.
It would be better to wipe the drive and format it properly with enough space to avoid the issue in the future.

Fenrir Ulv
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/10 16:02:08 (permalink)
Ok, so first I do apologize for any stupidity I do, Im still a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I just cant figure it out right now (actually made an account just to ask some questions). Any way, I read through the entire thing and am trying to follow word by word, however once I get to the section where you mention the add/remove programs there are no listings for anything Nvidia. I can run Driver sweeper and it will find them, should I just use that?

Also, I have been trying to look through a few pages to see if you mentioned this but I didnt see anything, sorry if you have answered this already!

Im running a GeForce GTX 260M and to be quite honest my computer is getting old and dying.

I wrongly installd my drivers before but it didnt give me an error, but now Im getting an error when I try to look at the display panel for Nvidia. I did a complete factory reset not too long ago and also a system restore after messing up a driver install (so I probably screwed quite a bit up doing that).

I havent proceeded past the add/remove yet since I dont want to mess it all up again and make my problem worse. 
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/10 16:32:49 (permalink)
Fenrir Ulv

Ok, so first I do apologize for any stupidity I do, Im still a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I just cant figure it out right now (actually made an account just to ask some questions). Any way, I read through the entire thing and am trying to follow word by word, however once I get to the section where you mention the add/remove programs there are no listings for anything Nvidia. I can run Driver sweeper and it will find them, should I just use that?

Also, I have been trying to look through a few pages to see if you mentioned this but I didnt see anything, sorry if you have answered this already!

Im running a GeForce GTX 260M and to be quite honest my computer is getting old and dying.

I wrongly installd my drivers before but it didnt give me an error, but now Im getting an error when I try to look at the display panel for Nvidia. I did a complete factory reset not too long ago and also a system restore after messing up a driver install (so I probably screwed quite a bit up doing that).

I havent proceeded past the add/remove yet since I dont want to mess it all up again and make my problem worse. 

If there are no Nvidia entries in the Add/remove program section, boot into safe mode and use driver sweeper.
Reboot normally and install your driver

Important note: you have a laptop unit. you need to be VERY careful about what driver you put in.
I suggest going to yours laptops webpage and see what Nvidia drivers are suggested for your -exact- model.

Fenrir Ulv
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/10 16:36:12 (permalink)
Thanks, and yea I never really knew about the laptop issue which probably resorted in a lot of my troubles installing this. Is there any other precaution I should be taking that isnt described in the first post? Ill keep going unless I get stuck but thank you very much!

the post is great by the way, havent had anything this helpful for this in a while. 
Leiath
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/10 17:07:58 (permalink)
Thank you for the guide. Hubby installed a GT640 in my pc a few months ago and since then i have had nothing but problems. it started with little problems with games I played. Reinstalled drivers fixed the problems for a few days but then they would start again. Then the black screen on start up began. Logging into safe mode, install drivers and then restart. PC was fine until shut down and then had to repeat. At once stage that didnt work so I bought a new cable which seems to fix the problem...for a short while. I did yet another search for help and found your guide. I followed it and my pc now starts normally so far.  I will hold my breath for the next few days on startup tho LOL
Leiath
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/10 23:12:48 (permalink)
Sorry to say it didnt fix my problem. When i turn off and on, the pc starts up but when it gets to the windows logo i get a pop saying no signal and i get a black screen. I turn off and on and select safe mode, hit restart and after awhile get the black screen again. Start in safemode, reinstall the graphics driver only with clean install after deleting the folder and hit restart. Works fine.  Any ideas on what the problem would be? Any suggestions is appreciated.

Forgot to mention that if i restart the pc its is all good as well. Just cant shut it down. 
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/12 00:08:44 (permalink)
Leiath

Sorry to say it didnt fix my problem. When i turn off and on, the pc starts up but when it gets to the windows logo i get a pop saying no signal and i get a black screen. I turn off and on and select safe mode, hit restart and after awhile get the black screen again. Start in safemode, reinstall the graphics driver only with clean install after deleting the folder and hit restart. Works fine.  Any ideas on what the problem would be? Any suggestions is appreciated.

Forgot to mention that if i restart the pc its is all good as well. Just cant shut it down. 

Wow, missed your post... sorry

Please post more information on your hardware config, including information about your powersupply and make/model of monitor

ellibre
  • Total Posts : 8
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/21 01:26:42 (permalink)
Hey Maniac,
How are things going? Busy of course. Anyways, I have a question, hopefully you can answer soon but then again no rush. What's you take on the new 314.07 driver? I know all drivers are a good thing but I have an EVGA GTX 580 classified 3gb so I was just making sure. I believe you have the same cards too but in SLI correct? Thank you again.

My Rig:
Rosewill CHALLENGER Mid Tower | i5 2500k 3.3ghz | Corsair 850w enthusiasts | 8Gb Corsair vengeance 1600 | antec 920 liquid cooler | EVGA gtx 650 ti 2GB Boost SC
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/21 01:37:14 (permalink)
ellibre

Hey Maniac,
How are things going? Busy of course. Anyways, I have a question, hopefully you can answer soon but then again no rush. What's you take on the new 314.07 driver? I know all drivers are a good thing but I have an EVGA GTX 580 classified 3gb so I was just making sure. I believe you have the same cards too but in SLI correct? Thank you again.

I run (2) 1.5gig GTX 580's in SLI
At this time for the 500 series both 313.95 Beta and 314.07 WHQL are both -fine-
*follow this install guide
post edited by maniacvvv - 2013/02/21 01:39:40

ellibre
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/21 02:31:35 (permalink)
woah! I totally did not see that! Obviously its pretty late over here. Congratulations on the new intro you have and on the guides . Yea I have the latest beta driver right now. Thank you for your time and patience. Hope to speak to you soon.  kudos.

EDIT: I'll begin posting on the new driver page. Thanks again for your time and effort in this great success of a guide.
post edited by ellibre - 2013/02/21 02:39:39

My Rig:
Rosewill CHALLENGER Mid Tower | i5 2500k 3.3ghz | Corsair 850w enthusiasts | 8Gb Corsair vengeance 1600 | antec 920 liquid cooler | EVGA gtx 650 ti 2GB Boost SC
RSTWildCat
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/21 22:12:38 (permalink)
Edit: For some reason first post didn't get the quotes. Sorry for the double post...
post edited by RSTWildCat - 2013/02/21 22:24:14
RSTWildCat
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/21 22:22:03 (permalink)
maniacvvv

IntoDream

Driver sweeper has been discontinued, instead, Driver Fusion by Treexy came as an uppdate, is this still safe to use?, BTW, i'm not getting the nvidia tray icon since i used this guide, i followed the instructions by the book, can someone help me with this? :D 
thanks in avance.

Driver fusion is just released... I have not used it and cannot comment on the program at this time.
Given what I just read at the site, its doubtful I would install the program myself until I have heard from others who have done so....
I really dont trust the way using the program is setup.

As for the NVTray, its not needed at all. Simply right click anywhere on the desktop to access the NVCP

Don't know if this has already been covered or not, but for what it's worth...
DriverSweeper has become Driver Fusion. Original Developer had this to say at Overclock.net -

First time posting, though I've been a member for 6 years now, and referring others with vid card problems here
since I found your guide.  So call this a belated thank you for all of your work and good luck with your new guide.
Can't wait to see it when it's done

Edit: Oops  ...Looks as if you have links turned off.  If interested in Driver Fusion developer's statement
feel free to give me a holler.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/21 23:40:32 (permalink)
RSTWildCat

maniacvvv

IntoDream

Driver sweeper has been discontinued, instead, Driver Fusion by Treexy came as an uppdate, is this still safe to use?, BTW, i'm not getting the nvidia tray icon since i used this guide, i followed the instructions by the book, can someone help me with this? :D 
thanks in avance.

Driver fusion is just released... I have not used it and cannot comment on the program at this time.
Given what I just read at the site, its doubtful I would install the program myself until I have heard from others who have done so....
I really dont trust the way using the program is setup.

As for the NVTray, its not needed at all. Simply right click anywhere on the desktop to access the NVCP

Don't know if this has already been covered or not, but for what it's worth...
DriverSweeper has become Driver Fusion. Original Developer had this to say at Overclock.net -

First time posting, though I've been a member for 6 years now, and referring others with vid card problems here
since I found your guide.  So call this a belated thank you for all of your work and good luck with your new guide.
Can't wait to see it when it's done

Edit: Oops  ...Looks as if you have links turned off.  If interested in Driver Fusion developer's statement
feel free to give me a holler.

Yes, I have spoken with the developer since that post and my concerns were discussed and addressed.
Thats why I have not removed it as a recommended program, and DriverFusion will be included as one of the third party recommended softwares in my "new" 2013 Ultimate Nvidia driver guide

The new Guide can be found   http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1776353

sheepdog26
  • Total Posts : 64
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/22 09:38:27 (permalink)
There is also on Overclock.net forum that tells of completely uninstalling AMD/Nvidia drivers by the default measures, and also dealing with the registry parts to truly get rid of the roots of the Drivers.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/22 10:18:56 (permalink)
sheepdog26

There is also on Overclock.net forum that tells of completely uninstalling AMD/Nvidia drivers by the default measures, and also dealing with the registry parts to truly get rid of the roots of the Drivers.

errr...
If you had read over the entire Guide, thats -exactly- what it covers, along with lots of helpful tips should you have gotten yourself into trouble.

Thankfully, most of what is covered is no longer needed anymore
Thats why this Guide (published in 2011) is being retired and moved to legacy status.

While it has been extremely helpful to tens of thousands of users, it is now outdated

The new 2013 Nvidia Guide covers the "current" state of Nvidia drivers and OS install behavior
HERE--> http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1776353 

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102418
  • Ribbons : 85
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/02/22 10:56:14 (permalink)
Maniacvvv, when your new guide is ready and completely finished let me know and I'll lock this one if you wish me to do so.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Drataia
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 18:37:29 (permalink)
It's been about a year since I've needed to use this guide, but I'm still running  Windows 7 Ultimate with a GTX 560 ti

Yesterday on attempting to boot up my computer I found that the screen went blank right before the log-in screen. I plugged in another monitor with the same results, but when I booted into safe mode the graphics worked. Assuming it was an issue with my graphics card(I've been using 296.10 for about 6 months now), I used the guide to do a clean install of the newest version, 314.22.

While going through that process, I noticed that when the 'VGA card adapter is downloading' prompt showed up as usual, when windows finished installing that driver it changed to read 'nvidia driver 310.something has finished downloading'. I checked in Programs and nvidia had indeed been re-downloaded on my computer. So I started over, unplugging from the internet before uninstalling the graphics driver, and this time was able to install 314.22 with no hiccups. After the restart everything was looking ok, so I changed my 3D settings to mimic this guide's screenshots and turned off the computer.

Unfortunately, after turning on the computer again I was presented with the original issue. My next course of action is to uninstall the driver, roll back to a previous version(310.90, perhaps?) and use driversweeper. Is there anything else I should do to fix this issue?

Also, the computer did go on a roadtrip a couple days ago, after which I performed my quarterly compressed air cleaning. I was initially worried I'd jiggled something loose, but after realizing graphics worked in safe mode I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.
post edited by Drataia - 2013/03/25 18:41:55
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 18:42:38 (permalink)
Drataia

It's been about a year since I've needed to use this guide, but I'm still running  Windows 7 Ultimate with a GTX 560 ti

Yesterday on attempting to boot up my computer I found that the screen went blank right before the log-in screen. I plugged in another monitor with the same results, but when I booted into safe mode the graphics worked. Assuming it was an issue with my graphics card(I've been using 296.10 for about 6 months now), I used the guide to do a clean install of the newest version, 314.22.

While going through that process, I noticed that when the 'VGA card adapter is downloading' prompt showed up as usual, when windows finished installing that driver it changed to read 'nvidia driver 310.something has finished downloading'. I checked in Programs and nvidia had indeed been re-downloaded on my computer. So I started over, unplugging from the internet before uninstalling the graphics driver, and this time was able to install 314.22 with no hiccups. After the restart everything was looking ok, so I changed my 3D settings to mimic this guide's screenshots and turned off the computer.

Unfortunately, after turning on the computer again I was presented with the original issue. My next course of action is to uninstall the driver, roll back to a previous version(310.90, perhaps?) and use driversweeper. Is there anything else I should do to fix this issue?

Just re-install 314.22
-->do NOT uninstall anything first

Follow this--> http://forums.evga.com/fb.ashx?m=1776355

Just make sure everything is closed, then run the installer in Custom Mode
Just Graphics driver and PhysX -AND- CLEAN Install checked.
Reboot once after it complete.

Make no changes, just test with it after rebooting

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 20 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile