EVGA

RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
fdsantos
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/03/15 03:36:38 (permalink)
Hi everyone!

I have just bought a RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA and previously I had a Zotac RTX 2080 TI AMP but I decided to return it because of its terrible performance and eventually failure which the screen even on windows or start up would show RGB lines across the screen.

I decided to replace and put my new EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA but it's not being detected at all? The lights switch on and 1 fan spins. I have tried to go to BIOS and select "AUTO" for primary DISPLAY CONFIGURATION but haven't had success.

My system spec is:
Asus Maximus XI Hero WIFI
i9 9900k 5ghz stable @ 1.290v (Even though my bio now suggests it to be at 1.965v, as my cooling score has improved to 178, I think before was 163 and suggested 1.289v so I done 1.290v and adaptive mode, it's stable and ran tons of stress tests cinabench and prime95 with on dr8auer's extreme settings! Temps never go above 65C)
Corsair H150i Pro 360" AIO.
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3200mhz (just XMP enable, haven't OCed CAS or anything)
EVGA 1000w SuperNova G3
Asus PG258Q Monitor, I get no signal from DP (what I normally use for 240hz nor HDMI).

All my components are 1 month old as I recently built this machine! 

I do get signal from the motherboard via DP and HDMI but when connected to the card I don't get signal as a matter of fact Device Manager doesn't even detect it! I'm using my integrated CPU graphics.

I tried to make a clean installation of the Windows 10 Pro but doesn't seem to work either.

Is there something I can do or the GPU is faulty and I should return it? This shouldn't have happened and definitely give me a signal.

Any guidance is much appreciated as I'm extremely sad right now.

Kind regards!
post edited by fdsantos - 2019/03/15 11:57:56

39 Replies Related Threads

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 03:47:44 (permalink)
    can you try the card in another PCIe slot?

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

fdsonn
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 03:51:42 (permalink)
    Did you purchase this card from EVGA ?
    fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 03:58:42 (permalink)
    transdogmifier

Definitely don't want to run on my other PCIe slot because it will be right next to my Capture Card, that might get really hot in there but will test and see if it detects.

I heard about resetting my CMOS but I would lose all my OC settings which really pisses me off. Also I read about running 2 separate VGA cable from PSU? I have extensions to make it look pretty (white) I don't think that's an issue. My previous card was running fine for 3 weeks or so, that card never got above 71C either.

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 03:59:47 (permalink)
    fdsonn
    Did you purchase this card from EVGA ?

Yes I did. Purchased a couple of days ago and arrived 2 days ago, decided to install last evening and not working!
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 04:08:16 (permalink)
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Definitely don't want to run on my other PCIe slot because it will be right next to my Capture Card, that might get really hot in there but will test and see if it detects.

I heard about resetting my CMOS but I would lose all my OC settings which really pisses me off. Also I read about running 2 separate VGA cable from PSU? I have extensions to make it look pretty (white) I don't think that's an issue. My previous card was running fine for 3 weeks or so, that card never got above 71C either.

Nah, I meant take out every card but the 2080Ti and see if it sees the card in the slot, just as a 'test'....

It's hard for me to believe (tho it's possible, to be sure) a brand new out of the box card is dead.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5496
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 04:28:55 (permalink)
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

You most definitely want to run two separate VGA cables to that 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 04:35:29 (permalink)
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

You most definitely want to run two separate VGA cables to that 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I see your signature and we seem to have a fairly similar build.

Is that how you're running your FTW3 ULTRA? You have 2 separate VGA cables from your PSU module ports and each going to each of the GPU's 8pins port?

What I currently have right now is 1 VGA cable with 3 or so sockets, then I connected both of my white extension to 2 of them and connected to my GPU.
    d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 04:43:08 (permalink)
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Is that how you're running your FTW3 ULTRA? You have 2 separate VGA cables from your PSU module ports and each going to each of the GPU's 8pins port?

What I currently have right now is 1 VGA cable with 3 or so sockets, then I connected both of my white extension to 2 of them and connected to my GPU.

Yes that is how I have it, do not run both off of 1 VGA cable. The beast needs power!

Don 

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz all cores | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | EVGA T2 Titanium 1000w Power Supply | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA SSD | EVGA DG 87 Case |

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 06:39:00 (permalink)
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Yes that is how I have it, do not run both off of 1 VGA cable. The beast needs power!

Doesn't work. Tried with 2 separate VGA cables and still not detected or any difference. :( Which wouldn't make any sense since I had a RTX 2080 TI running fine before on 8+8 and 1 VGA cable. My EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA the lights and 1 fan is on, if was power issues, windows would tell me to connect power cables properly.

Is it time to return it?
    post edited by fdsantos - 2019/03/15 06:48:28
    d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 09:34:03 (permalink)
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Doesn't work. Tried with 2 separate VGA cables and still not detected or any difference. :( Which wouldn't make any sense since I had a RTX 2080 TI running fine before on 8+8 and 1 VGA cable. My EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA the lights and 1 fan is on, if was power issues, windows would tell me to connect power cables properly.

Is it time to return it?

I would try a power flush first , if not then certainly contact EVGA support.
    Shut system down.
    Unplug Power Supply.
    Press and hold power button in for at least 30 seconds.
    Plug back in and try powering on again.
    If that does not work, with system shut down try switching to the other bios on the GPU, then try powering on. ( support will probably ask you to do that).
    post edited by d.burnette - 2019/03/15 09:36:09

Don 

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 10:18:05 (permalink)
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Is it time to return it?

Shut system down.
    Unplug Power Supply.
    If that does not work, with system shut down try switching to the other bios on the GPU, then try powering on. ( support will probably ask you to do that).

Yeah doesn't work. All the obvious things I have tried already. :(
    d.burnette
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 11:11:32 (permalink)
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Is it time to return it?

Shut system down.
    Unplug Power Supply.

I would say time to contact support.

Don 

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 11:49:20 (permalink)
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    d.burnette
    fdsantos
    transdogmifier

Is it time to return it?

Shut system down.
    Unplug Power Supply.

I would say time to contact support.

Done that already.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 12:04:09 (permalink)
    Do You See the GPU in the BIOS ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 12:04:57 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Do You See the GPU in the BIOS ?

No. :(
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 12:06:13 (permalink)
    OK -- that is Not good

Please confirm that the card is Fully seated (unplug PSU from the Wall First)

That the card is not "touching something" --- Card Must be Level in the PCIe slot --- not higher in the front or Back

Are you using Secure Boot -- turn it & Fast Boot Off  --- in the BIOS

I've seen longer GPU touch MB heatsink or  SATA ports & not be fully seated -- cause issues

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 12:35:00 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    OK -- that is Not good

That the card is not "touching something" --- Card Must be Level in the PCIe slot --- not higher in the front or Back

I've seen longer GPU touch MB heatsink or  SATA ports & not be fully seated -- cause issues

Others have exactly the same mobo as I have Asus Maximus Hero XI WIFI and EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA with no issues on the fitting.

The clip on the PCIe slot is clipped in, and the screws are in to the case, that's what they're for right? If fitting was an issue I don't think I would have fans spinning and lights on.

Will try the FastBoot off in a second.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 13:06:08 (permalink)
    That may be so but I have read a lot of Thread that are having issues with RTX Cards on the Asus Maximus XI Hero WIFI Motherboard.
    Disable any Extra None Standard Bios Settings like ASUS Optimized Stuff set your CPU to Auto and your Memory to Auto.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/03/15 13:08:33

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/15 15:15:59 (permalink)
    Try the card in a different pci-e slot, and make sure your motherboard bios is completely up to date.
    fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 05:15:39 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Try the card in a different pci-e slot, and make sure your motherboard bios is completely up to date.

Can't use in a different PCIe, the card is too fat. BIOS is up to date.
    fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 06:13:40 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    OK -- that is Not good

Doesn't work.
    fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 06:18:28 (permalink)
    So the conclusion is a 1500 Euros disappointment.

Flashed my CMOS, BIOS, Reinstalled Windows, 3 days removing hardware and not being able to use my machine which I make money from for this. (Lost all my settings as I couldn't back them up).

I have always been a supporter from EVGA and always thought they had great products as well as service, that we will see... I have contacted them with my issue yesterday and they told me to upload proof of purchase and register my GPU, I have done that yesterday within 5 minutes after I received their email. Funny how their 24/7 support didn't get back to me yet.

Just heartbroken with all this so far, maybe in America EVGA has different morals than in Europe.

post edited by fdsantos - 2019/03/16 06:51:17
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:12:03 (permalink)
    fdsantos
    Sajin

Too fat? Why? Because you refuse to remove any of the cards that are currently in the machine?
    Remove stuff to try it in the slot.

Troubleshoot.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:17:16 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    fdsantos
    Sajin

Too fat? Why? Because you refuse to remove any of the cards that are currently in the machine?
    Remove stuff to try it in the slot.

Troubleshoot.

No my dear, I removed my Capture Card long ago and it won't go in there. The fans will be spinning and hitting USB wires connected at the bottom of the mobo. I think this GPU has done enough damage, no need for any more in my opinion.

All troubleshooting has been done. The card is faulty and can't even be detected in BIOS while my other RTX, even though was faulty and dead (Error 43) on Windows but BIOS would instantly detect it.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:18:02 (permalink)
    So move the damn wires....

Sounds to me like you're not even trying.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

fdsantos
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:21:00 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    So move the damn wires....

Sounds to me like you're not even trying.

Maybe some people have too much time in their hands to spend over 4 days trying to "troubleshoot" and "fix" something that costs 1500 Euros which was suppose to work from start plug and play.

We have different principles in life for sure.
    AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:27:11 (permalink)
    Make sure the card is fully seated! It might be held up on the i/o plate on the case.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:31:40 (permalink)
    Or take the card to a PC shop & let them test it.  

We have not eliminated your MB as the issue without testing in different slot

Graphics Cards Get power from PCIe & the External 6-pin &r 8-pin sockets ---> & Yes, you Must fully populate ALL of those sockets.... 

We are Volunteers, many of us have been there seen that .... we are just asking You to Do what We would if that PC was in Our Hands

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA not being detected? - NO SIGNAL DP or HDMI! 2019/03/16 08:33:19 (permalink)
    AHowes
    Make sure the card is fully seated! It might be held up on the i/o plate on the case.

good point

was asked in Post 17 ... never got a Straight answer from OP

Yes that is very Important --> before the power is ever applied ---> those small tightly clustered contacts can Short if card is Not installed correctly

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile