EVGA

Hot!Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 17
Author
LuDo16
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 04:12:34 (permalink)
vvildstar
The Z690 Asus Maximus Formula is white and might be the best looking mobo ever made.

that's also what I made as remark when I saw it... considering a white case for myself I still believe I'll go for a black mb but that thing is really good looking... 
vvildstar
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 04:15:02 (permalink)
eliadbu
vvildstar
The Z690 Asus Maximus Formula is white and might be the best looking mobo ever made.

it looks great indeed, but I don't think it looks 800$ great ...

Easy to say when we don’t know how much the EVGA boards will be.
vvildstar
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 04:20:19 (permalink)
LuDo16
that's also what I made as remark when I saw it... considering a white case for myself I still believe I'll go for a black mb but that thing is really good looking... 

You know a board is good looking when you consider changing your whole build for it! Haha I considered the same though, really want to do an all black build this time around but this has me considering doing a black and white theme…
InfusionOfFear
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 08:54:15 (permalink)
When reviewing the available options and the customer support that goes along with what is available. I'm gonna wait for EVGA boards and hopefully be able to buy one. It is going to be rough as I receive the 12th gen processor today. But I would feel more comfortable spending $400 on an EVGA motherboard along with their great customer service rather than pay $400 for a board from one of the other manufactures and have support issues. 

I have had a 1080ti and a currently a Gigabyte motherboard but never had an issue with them. So you could say I have been lucky to not have to deal with their support.
vvildstar
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 09:42:24 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
When reviewing the available options and the customer support that goes along with what is available. I'm gonna wait for EVGA boards and hopefully be able to buy one. It is going to be rough as I receive the 12th gen processor today. But I would feel more comfortable spending $400 on an EVGA motherboard along with their great customer service rather than pay $400 for a board from one of the other manufactures and have support issues. 

I have had a 1080ti and a currently a Gigabyte motherboard but never had an issue with them. So you could say I have been lucky to not have to deal with their support.

Hopefully both of the motherboards aren't priced >$400
InfusionOfFear
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 10:09:58 (permalink)
vvildstar
InfusionOfFear

I'd imagine the kingpin will be closer to $600+. The classified I'm guessing around $400 - $500. 
vvildstar
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 10:19:37 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
vvildstar
InfusionOfFear

I'd imagine the kingpin will be closer to $600+. The classified I'm guessing around $400 - $500. 

I could see the Kingpin priced near the ASUS Apex ($720).  Classified probably in the range you said.  With how expensive the Z690 boards are across every manufacturer who knows!
Tomd4850
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/09 21:57:33 (permalink)
Kinda disappointed that EVGA is so late to the party, despite having the same lead time as all their competitors. I was really looking forward to seeing what EVGA brings to the table, since I'm upgrading from my i7-5930K that I loved once I paired it to an x99 FTW-K mobo.
I guess I'll see if they have a reasonable release date once my DDR5 gets here in the first week of December. If it's late December, I may be going with an ASUS board this time around.
LuDo16
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 03:29:39 (permalink)
vvildstar
LuDo16

You know a board is good looking when you consider changing your whole build for it! Haha I considered the same though, really want to do an all black build this time around but this has me considering doing a black and white theme…

yes, I have a Z390 Dark but the Z690 has something that is calling me... 
DCGColts
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 11:02:10 (permalink)
Would like a evga motherboard in future instead of MSI. However would be sacrificing too much atm looking at z590/z690 boards.

So some suggestions: I don't need 8 sata ports really don't need any but 2's good. As for what I would like to have 4-5 m2 ports. 1x slot for sound card or x16, x0 , x4 capable. 2 USB type c ports on back. USB-c mobo header. 2 USB 3.0 mobo headers(not that important) at least 2 USB2.0 headers. WiFi, only 1 LAN. As it is right now i'd be losing too much if I went with evga instead of something like msi z690 ace.
post edited by DCGColts - 2021/11/10 13:24:36
InfusionOfFear
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 11:34:16 (permalink)
DCGColts
Would like a evga motherboard in future instead of MSI. However would be sacrificing too much atm looking at z590/z690 boards.

So some suggestions: I don't need 8 sata ports really don't need any but 2's good. 4-5 m2 ports better. 1x slot for sound card or x16, x0 , x4 capable. 2 USB type c ports on back. USB-c mobo header. 2 USB 3.0 mobo headers(not that important) at least 2 USB2.0 headers. WiFi, only 1 LAN. As it is right now i'd be losing too much if I went with evga instead of something like msi z690 ace.

Your post is confusing. Are you listing what is not important on the EVGA board and then saying you'd be losing to much when compared to a MSI z690 ace? 

Different topic: I don't understand why the boards are coming with WiFi 6.0. Isn't the point of a gaming PC to be hardwired as you'd be giving up online gaming performance? Sure the WiFi 6.0 (with supporting Router) may help reduce it but I doubt it would be close to a wired connection. 
vvildstar
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 12:49:19 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
DCGColts

So some suggestions: I don't need 8 sata ports really don't need any but 2's good. 4-5 m2 ports better. 1x slot for sound card or x16, x0 , x4 capable. 2 USB type c ports on back. USB-c mobo header. 2 USB 3.0 mobo headers(not that important) at least 2 USB2.0 headers. WiFi, only 1 LAN. As it is right now i'd be losing too much if I went with evga instead of something like msi z690 ace.

Your post is confusing. Are you listing what is not important on the EVGA board and then saying you'd be losing to much when compared to a MSI z690 ace? 

Different topic: I don't understand why the boards are coming with WiFi 6.0. Isn't the point of a gaming PC to be hardwired as you'd be giving up online gaming performance? Sure the WiFi 6.0 (with supporting Router) may help reduce it but I doubt it would be close to a wired connection. 

Not having the latest WI-FI included on the motherboard is like buying a car without air conditioning. Sure, you may not need it all the time but you are really limiting your potential customer base. There are plenty of gamers who use WI-FI.
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 12:59:34 (permalink)
vvildstar
InfusionOfFear
DCGColts

Not having the latest WI-FI included on the motherboard is like buying a car without air conditioning. Sure, you may not need it all the time but you are really limiting your potential customer base. There are plenty of gamers who use WI-FI.

I'd say the wired connection is the AC, need that.  Windows that open are the WiFi, do the same job, but not as good.
DCGColts
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 13:23:36 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
DCGColts

no I'm saying what I want. I'll edit it.

WiFi 6 is just as good as wired for me but my router is in the same room. Wired still way to go for more reliability but at least for me with 300 mbps download wifi6 is exact same as wired. The Wi-Fi is also important because it has latest Bluetooth which is needed for controllers like ps5.
DCGColts
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 13:26:57 (permalink)
vvildstar
InfusionOfFear
DCGColts

not really it would be more like gas vs hybrid.
InfusionOfFear
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 14:33:44 (permalink)
I think if I'm gonna pay 450+ for a z690 motherboard that I want the support to back it up. Since EVGA support is from my research still the best compared to other manufacturers it feels most comfortable to hold out and hopefully score a Classified. I hope I can wait. All I have left is a motherboard to order and Ram. No since in rushing to get a DDR5 motherboard since you can't buy ram very easily yet. EVGA had to know the Ram would be in short supply and why they did not have their motherboards ready on 12th gen launch. 
fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 14:38:42 (permalink)
InfusionOfFear
EVGA had to know the Ram would be in short supply and why they did not have their motherboards ready on 12th gen launch. 

seta8967
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 14:51:18 (permalink)
Wifi isn't always for internet connection. I use it to connect to a raspberry pi, to then send STL to my 3d printer, instead of manually using a USB stick. Also a lot of upcoming VR headsets are going going wireless from what we know. Also Bluetooth is usually packaged with the wifi chips from my understanding. I also think more people are using wireless stuff than people recognize.
Ravenknight
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 16:54:40 (permalink)
Ok so when is the release because I have mt 12th Gen i9 12900k, and need too buy a motherboard, PSU, Graphics Card (3080ti water cooled preferred) but, I don't wanna wait a year! ANd how am I a new member even though I've been a member since 2007????
post edited by Ravenknight - 2021/11/10 16:56:22

Entertainment Consumers Association Cleveland, Ohio Chapter Officer
cdc-951
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 520
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 18:00:34 (permalink)
Sorry EVGA, lost me as a customer. EVGA was a bit delayed getting things moving, I get shipping and logistics can cause delays. Though all other board partners got their boards to Micro center and other stores...A big drop the ball situation and if there were delays that were out of your control such as logistics, at least transparency would have been nice. X299 owner here and loved your boards. but settled with an MSI z690 Carbon and honestly it is a good value board for what it offers, but EVGA lost me and 4 other people upgrading in my circle. I am a drop in the water for sales, but I always hold EVGA as a high standard. Same with RTX series GPUs having failures. I went founders edition and MSI... Really liked EVGA's UI the best though. 
sluggotg
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 21:30:18 (permalink)
Based on how long it took me to get an EVGA 3080ti, I am Super Paranoid that I won't be able to get any DDR5 for either of my new builds. (12900k and 12700k). I have a motherboard for one of my builds but I will wait for EVGA to sell me the other Motherboard. I hope I don't have to wait months for some stinking RAM.
Just to clarify. I just got my EVGA 3080ti. It was not EVGA's fault it took so long. They have not price gouged, they have been fair about the whole issue. I only buy EVGA video cards and power supplies. Nothing wrong with the others but EVGA has killer warranties. For example when I registered my 3080ti, EVGA sold me a 10 year warranty for $60. WORTH IT!
post edited by sluggotg - 2021/11/13 18:40:20
Tomd4850
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 21:32:40 (permalink)
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18060
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 23:21:12 (permalink)
Tomd4850
So... there will be a Dark Kingpin and Dark K version?
https://ncc.noctua.at/coolers/NH-D15S-5/motherboards/EVGA/LGA%201700?q=z690
https://ncc.noctua.at/motherboards/model/EVGA-Z690-DARK-K-5399

That's a little strange. Do they know something we don't?

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18060
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/10 23:23:13 (permalink)

FYI, Jacob also confirmed - no 2-pin thermal header on either of these boards. I was hoping maybe this time they'd add it in, considering how many EVGA users run water loops, but nope.

Wonder if these will be available before 12/31/2021.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

Martin V
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/11 00:17:12 (permalink)
I would have waited if it were guaranteed to get a Z690 chipset on release day or soon after, but with the chip shortage, and no release date, and no guarantee of getting one, or how long it would take to get one; I had to go with ASUS for the first time ever on this new build as I already had all the parts bought, and sitting in my home other than the motherboard, but I at least bought the power supply from EVGA. I have been a loyal customer for 16 years and will continue to do so, but with the current situation; I just couldn't wait! Also, I m still trying to get a EVGA 3080 card but forget that too; I guess I will have to continue using my EVGA 2080 SUPER XC, and just wait until the 40 series; I guess, or if the chip shortage ends sometime soon!
cdc-951
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 520
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/11 08:15:15 (permalink)
Sorry EVGA ^ seems like some are already moving forward. Maybe next year or intel 14th gen
Flybye
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1186
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/11 08:31:46 (permalink)
I don’t mind waiting it out. EVGA has been good to me, and I’ve never had a problem with any of their stuff.

Gaming thing
i9-12900KF @ 5.20GHz
EVGA: Z690 Classified - RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra - Supernova 1200w P3 - DG-75
32GBs Corsair Dominator DDR5 @ 6800 - Seagate: .5TB, 1TB M.2s, HD 4TB
Sony CRT 24" GDM-FW900 16:10 - DangerDen (RIP) Goodies: 2x120mm Rad & D5 + Primochill stuff
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4243
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/11 11:00:29 (permalink)
Nereus
Tomd4850
So... there will be a Dark Kingpin and Dark K version?
https://ncc.noctua.at/coolers/NH-D15S-5/motherboards/EVGA/LGA%201700?q=z690
https://ncc.noctua.at/motherboards/model/EVGA-Z690-DARK-K-5399

That's a little strange. Do they know something we don't?

No.  I would guess someone got tired of writing out a second DARK K|NGP|N and stopped with the K.  Right now only the DARK "K"|NGP|N and Classified boards will be available.
Martin V
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/11 11:48:49 (permalink)
I went ahead a bought the ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Apex motherboard because I couldn't wait for the EVGA boards with no guarantee of getting one and I already had all the parts ready to go sitting in my home, and did not feel like waiting forever, and have them sit there doing nothing. It sucks too because I really did want an EVGA Z690 board, but I have a feeling they are going to be sold out as soon as they release, and then who knows how long it will be to wait for them to restock, and get be able to get one?! The ASUS board I got is an expensive board but I would rather spend good money, and get something good as I don't plan on building a new computer for at least the next 5 to 6 years. My last build that I am currently using was the SkyLake build which I built back in early 2016 and has been an awesome computer since then! It sucks that DDR5 memory was so hard to get; I was able to get it, but it was not fun having to constantly check for its availability on NewEgg day, and night 24/7! 
deunan48
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Introducing the EVGA Z690 Motherboards - The Ultimate Choice for PC Gaming 2021/11/11 11:55:45 (permalink)
when????? I have a 12900kf that needs a home . EVGA there is no substitute ! hopefully there will be an email for elite members

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 17
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile