GTX 1080/TI stock ETA?

Page: << < ..7172737475.. > >> Showing page 73 of 108
Author
Carbon-12
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:15:19 (permalink)
Dark Marauder
Carbon-12
How many days, weeks, or till hell freezes over does one have to wait to buy another card?
Would like to do SLI  

What do you do that you need 2 1080 Ti's for Carbon-12, and more importantly, how old are you really? ;-) Sorry, it's a obscure "dating" joke. :-)

About your age
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 11559
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:17:30 (permalink)
1080 Ti FTW3 are sold out now. Still a few left in DIY = www.evga.com/diy

Dark Marauder
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 189
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:18:31 (permalink)
Jayninja
EVGA_JacobF
1080 Ti FTW3 in stock!

Im not going to buy one. I am going to wait till the 20 series in april... no seriously...i mean it... im not kidding...
[30 seconds later]
Receipt for Your Payment to EVGA Corporation 

This is so me too... I think I've built up the suspense so much that when I told my wife that I just spent $900... even she was excited! Something is terribly wrong here! :-)

"Anything worth doing is worth doing in excess!" Bruce S.
repo1979
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1116
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:19:19 (permalink)
Jayninja
EVGA_JacobF
1080 Ti FTW3 in stock!

Im not going to buy one. I am going to wait till the 20 series in april... no seriously...i mean it... im not kidding...
[30 seconds later]

THATA BOY, EVGA got you too huh lol. 
repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:20:50 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
1080 Ti FTW3 are sold out now. Still a few left in DIY = www.evga.com/diy

Props to you sir for updating us with stock. No one else is doing what EVGA is doing. 
Dark Marauder
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:24:48 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Dark Marauder
Ladies and Gentlemen, It's official! I'm having a baby! A baby GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 graphics card that is! I don't even know what I just bought but I think it's green!

Thanks @EVGA)JacobF for the dreams come true, I'm even going to name it after.... YOU! :-)

Congrats

Seriously @EVGA_JacobF, I know this thing is really expensive, but the fact that you guys care enough about all your customers make a few available on an almost daily basis so that we can pick one up with out being thrown in debtor's prison is really appreciated. I am grateful to you and EVGA for have a moral stance on this that helps me and others like me purchase one of your fine cards. Impressive in this day and age and not only is it noticed but it will be talked about.  Many Thanks!

repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:26:11 (permalink)
Dark Marauder
Jayninja
EVGA_JacobF
1080 Ti FTW3 in stock!

[30 seconds later]

This is so me too... I think I've built up the suspense so much that when I told my wife that I just spent $900... even she was excited! Something is terribly wrong here! :-)

Congrats Sir, I know the feeling all to well. Im sure a few costco customers, my wife and kids thought i was crazy the day i got to order my ftw3 hydro

Dark Marauder
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:39:32 (permalink)
repo1979
Dark Marauder
Jayninja
EVGA_JacobF
1080 Ti FTW3 in stock!

[30 seconds later]

Congrats Sir, I know the feeling all to well. Im sure a few costco customers, my wife and kids thought i was crazy the day i got to order my ftw3 hydro

Ahahaha! Thanks! Yes, it's a bit strange to think I actually snagged one, especially since my wife called as I was trying to place the order, and I was having trouble getting the kitten's left paw unglued from the F5 key so I could get through the check out pages without her refreshing everything 5x per second! ;-)

repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:42:53 (permalink)
Get that kitty a treat and a new cat house lol.
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:44:05 (permalink)
1080 Ti FTW3 HC in stock

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:45:47 (permalink)
1080 Ti SC2 HC in stock.

bksmith5
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:53:47 (permalink)
Woot - @EVGA_JacobF, you are awesome for keeping on top of this thread and sharing the stock status with everyone. One 1080 Ti FTW3 is in process now for me, as well!

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x with EK AIO 360 | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 @3600MHz | EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 750W | Corsair Graphite Series 760T | 256GB Crucial M4 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro (Boot drive) | 512GB Sandisk Ultra 3D | 1TB SX8200 Pro m.2 NVMe | Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2 (yellow keys) | Razer Basilisk Ultimate mouse
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 14:54:13 (permalink)
1080 FTW DT in stock.

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 15:04:58 (permalink)
May have some more bundles going up either later today or tomorrow.

neurohax
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 15:06:29 (permalink)
racebum
QuintLeo
It takes a lot more than 2 weeks from "order chips for the new product" to "new product ready to ship".
Try 2 MONTHS as a ballpark estimate minimum - and keep in mind that initial production will be at least in part to validate the whole design/production process.
They will also want to build up some stock on Volta consumer cards before they make them available for sale - if they can.

With that said, the fact that NVIDIA cards got hammered hard for well over a week before AMD cards started getting hammered hard indicates that it is NOT "miners" causing this shortage (or at least not JUST miners).

TSMC mentioned in an earnings forcast a few months back that they expected to start production on Volta cards around the end of 2017.
 This would indicate that Pascal production would start ramping DOWN around the same time.
 Cryptocoin pricing in general had a big jump around mid-December, but miners seem to have been inclined to "wait and see" a bit to see if the jump would SUSTAIN before they started building new rigs again.

My current guess is that Volta consumer cards will be "announced" at GTC in late March timeframe but might not be available for sale for a month or two after that.
 They might follow the Pascal launch timeframe instead and not announce 'till May though.

With little competition from the current AMD lineup, they don't have much if any incentive to "push" the dates up.

with you on this. we also have samsung stating gddr6 is in full production for next gen graphics cards. 
they do have a bit of incentive though
i think the one place miners have some of the blame was with the massive december run up. chances are more cards sold than expected then and we blew through supply that was expected to last longer than it did

Interesting conversation, thought I'd throw my $0.02 in.

Keep in mind that the old schedules Nvidia went by are completely out the window now, with the introduction of three Titan variants and a second tier Ti SKU introduced so late. With the Titan V being Volta, I think we're seeing that card taking the place of their old "launch the standard editions, then ramp up the special/high end lines". It also means they know how to transition to Volta production (or at least should by March), so I think the only thing really holding them back is the economics. They're already as far as they can reasonably push GPU prices, demand is still stupid high, they lead their competition by almost all performance metrics, and launching a new card might flood the used card market with old 10 series. All that combined means they're perfectly good to sit back and wait for demand to drop. So, I think they COULD release Volta in March/April, but they'll wait until Jan/Feb 2019, if demand is still strong up to the holidays.

Now, all that depends on if manufacturing is actually cheaper for Volta and performance is 20%+ better. Then they would want to switch ASAP. If it's just cheaper to make, but doesn't offer a big boost, you'll have miners flood the market with Pascals and most gamers happy to snatch them up. That means bad press from a) people buying second had mining cards with a (probably) higher chance of the fans dying, or at least being noisy, b) not being able to keep up with miner demand, and c) gamers having zero chance of beating out miners to buy these cards, and settling for whatever hits the market (which means free AMD advertising, because those miners will drop their AMD cards, too). Most of that bad press can be combatted by having a really significant boost in performance, so the less tech saavy write it off as "boo hoo poor little gamers have to work to get their toys".

Nvidia could still sell the 10 series at a high price, even over the launch prices, and price the 11 series at stupid high levels to delay miners getting their ROI (return on investment). THAT kills miner incentives - make it questionable that they'll make back their investment. They could go further by only releasing the second tier at first (the "1170"). Initially miners will lunge for it and dump their cards. That will flood the market with 10 series, driving the used 10 series prices down, and forcing miners to back off selling their old cards. No money from selling old cards means no funds to buy new ones, so a large segment of the smaller miners will be holding their cards. Big miners have other revenue/investors and won't worry about hanging on to their GPUs until prices improve. To nail down the market when they launch the "1160" and "1180", they could try a couple things, like charge a premium, but bundle in double the value in nontransferable game credit (Steam, GoG, MS Store, etc.) or just a really high price with a really big rebate, limited 1 per household. $1500 GPU with a $700 rebate (either instant or at checkout or mail in), limit 1 per household.

The last thing I wanted to mention was that the supply problems also coincide with big price cuts for VR hardware, major investments in VR development, and a huge push for AI. Those primed the pump for the crypto rocket. Realistically, as someone that picked up mining on my trusty ole 980Ti in Nov, it a) isn't intuitive, b) isn't profitable in the near term, and c) is only reasonable if you research altcoins. No one mines Bitcoin on GPUs anymore, and most of the more well-known coins are moving towards anti-ASIC/GPU proofs. On top of that, the only real chance of getting a payout for most altcoins is to join a pool, which gives you an idea of how slow the reward will be right away. Plus, with NiceHash being hacked right as the craze hit and newbies being bombarded with the message that there are tons of scams, many potential miners were probably scared away.

So, I don't know if miners are really to blame. We got to a point where just having a laptop isn't a good idea for CS students and companies that might have avoided the added cost of GPUs now have to include them for ML/AI. Sure, a big miner might hoover up 50 cards, but if every computer lab and STEM student suddenly needs 1-2 cards, that adds up pretty quickly.

One thing's for sure. The 12 series will be dirt cheap and ignored. Mining will be minimal and the used GPU market will be flooded.
xtremegamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 427
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 15:45:39 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
1080 FTW DT in stock. 

what going on with 1060 6 SSC 6 GB ???

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 8:01:42 AM PT No
12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 9:47:16 AM PT No

Use My Associate Code To Get 3% Off Your Graphics Card  Purchase: 07N4WZTXMI5NA26

dlbsyst
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 311
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 15:48:53 (permalink)
Dark Marauder
Ladies and Gentlemen, It's official! I'm having a baby! A baby GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 graphics card that is! I don't even know what I just bought but I think it's green!

Thanks @EVGA)JacobF for the dreams come true, I'm even going to name it after.... YOU! :-)

I am so glad to see you finally got the card you wanted Dark Marauder. Congrats and Enjoy!
Dark Marauder
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:07:50 (permalink)
dlbsyst
Dark Marauder

I am so glad to see you finally got the card you wanted Dark Marauder. Congrats and Enjoy!

pp bb  "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, with every card I buy..." pp bb 

Thanks! I'm really excited. I've had this old GTX 650 for nearly 2 years and it just can't really push my 3840x1600 ultrawide... beyond... wallpaper use. ;-)

Stealth3si
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:08:58 (permalink)
neurohax
racebum
QuintLeo
It takes a lot more than 2 weeks from "order chips for the new product" to "new product ready to ship".
Try 2 MONTHS as a ballpark estimate minimum - and keep in mind that initial production will be at least in part to validate the whole design/production process.
They will also want to build up some stock on Volta consumer cards before they make them available for sale - if they can.

With that said, the fact that NVIDIA cards got hammered hard for well over a week before AMD cards started getting hammered hard indicates that it is NOT "miners" causing this shortage (or at least not JUST miners).

TSMC mentioned in an earnings forcast a few months back that they expected to start production on Volta cards around the end of 2017.
 This would indicate that Pascal production would start ramping DOWN around the same time.
 Cryptocoin pricing in general had a big jump around mid-December, but miners seem to have been inclined to "wait and see" a bit to see if the jump would SUSTAIN before they started building new rigs again.

My current guess is that Volta consumer cards will be "announced" at GTC in late March timeframe but might not be available for sale for a month or two after that.
 They might follow the Pascal launch timeframe instead and not announce 'till May though.

With little competition from the current AMD lineup, they don't have much if any incentive to "push" the dates up.

with you on this. we also have samsung stating gddr6 is in full production for next gen graphics cards. 
they do have a bit of incentive though
i think the one place miners have some of the blame was with the massive december run up. chances are more cards sold than expected then and we blew through supply that was expected to last longer than it did

Interesting conversation, thought I'd throw my $0.02 in.

Keep in mind that the old schedules Nvidia went by are completely out the window now, with the introduction of three Titan variants and a second tier Ti SKU introduced so late. With the Titan V being Volta, I think we're seeing that card taking the place of their old "launch the standard editions, then ramp up the special/high end lines". It also means they know how to transition to Volta production (or at least should by March), so I think the only thing really holding them back is the economics. They're already as far as they can reasonably push GPU prices, demand is still stupid high, they lead their competition by almost all performance metrics, and launching a new card might flood the used card market with old 10 series. All that combined means they're perfectly good to sit back and wait for demand to drop. So, I think they COULD release Volta in March/April, but they'll wait until Jan/Feb 2019, if demand is still strong up to the holidays.

Now, all that depends on if manufacturing is actually cheaper for Volta and performance is 20%+ better. Then they would want to switch ASAP. If it's just cheaper to make, but doesn't offer a big boost, you'll have miners flood the market with Pascals and most gamers happy to snatch them up. That means bad press from a) people buying second had mining cards with a (probably) higher chance of the fans dying, or at least being noisy, b) not being able to keep up with miner demand, and c) gamers having zero chance of beating out miners to buy these cards, and settling for whatever hits the market (which means free AMD advertising, because those miners will drop their AMD cards, too). Most of that bad press can be combatted by having a really significant boost in performance, so the less tech saavy write it off as "boo hoo poor little gamers have to work to get their toys".

Nvidia could still sell the 10 series at a high price, even over the launch prices, and price the 11 series at stupid high levels to delay miners getting their ROI (return on investment). THAT kills miner incentives - make it questionable that they'll make back their investment. They could go further by only releasing the second tier at first (the "1170"). Initially miners will lunge for it and dump their cards. That will flood the market with 10 series, driving the used 10 series prices down, and forcing miners to back off selling their old cards. No money from selling old cards means no funds to buy new ones, so a large segment of the smaller miners will be holding their cards. Big miners have other revenue/investors and won't worry about hanging on to their GPUs until prices improve. To nail down the market when they launch the "1160" and "1180", they could try a couple things, like charge a premium, but bundle in double the value in nontransferable game credit (Steam, GoG, MS Store, etc.) or just a really high price with a really big rebate, limited 1 per household. $1500 GPU with a $700 rebate (either instant or at checkout or mail in), limit 1 per household.

The last thing I wanted to mention was that the supply problems also coincide with big price cuts for VR hardware, major investments in VR development, and a huge push for AI. Those primed the pump for the crypto rocket. Realistically, as someone that picked up mining on my trusty ole 980Ti in Nov, it a) isn't intuitive, b) isn't profitable in the near term, and c) is only reasonable if you research altcoins. No one mines Bitcoin on GPUs anymore, and most of the more well-known coins are moving towards anti-ASIC/GPU proofs. On top of that, the only real chance of getting a payout for most altcoins is to join a pool, which gives you an idea of how slow the reward will be right away. Plus, with NiceHash being hacked right as the craze hit and newbies being bombarded with the message that there are tons of scams, many potential miners were probably scared away.

So, I don't know if miners are really to blame. We got to a point where just having a laptop isn't a good idea for CS students and companies that might have avoided the added cost of GPUs now have to include them for ML/AI. Sure, a big miner might hoover up 50 cards, but if every computer lab and STEM student suddenly needs 1-2 cards, that adds up pretty quickly.

One thing's for sure. The 12 series will be dirt cheap and ignored. Mining will be minimal and the used GPU market will be flooded.

If 'a' happens, and the cards are still in warranty, would the cards just get fixed or would customers get a replacement/upgrade/refund?

I wonder.. would manufacturer's make sure there is enough supply just in case some totally unexpected factor would cause a snowball like this would occur? How much would the Volta be, $799? If Volta turns out to be profitable for miners, it would be one month (or one week?) of this price before they buy most of them, leaving 10%~ for the gamers, and another supply shortage/price gouging cycle begins. We will see...

[URL=http://www.evga.com/regis...filiatecode=XL8QPA2M1H][/URL] 
Antec 300 Illusion Case █ EVGA Supernova 750W B2 █ ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer █ Intel i7-4790k (4.70Ghz @ 1.275V) █ Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler █ G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (4x4GB) 1866Mhz CL9 █ EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING █ Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 830 Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Green 1TB/2TB █ Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard █ Logitech G700s Rechargeable Mouse █ Dell S2716DGR 27" 1440p G-Sync █ Sony XBR55X900E 55" 4K HDR LED █ Sound Blaster Z > O2 Amp > Fostex Massdrop Th-X00 Custom Mod █ Denon AVR-X3300W > Ascend HTM-200 SE Bookshelf 5 Speakers █ Windows 10 Pro x64 AU > Ibik Aster Multi-seat Gaming
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:10:07 (permalink)
The king is almost ready

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:26:00 (permalink)
1080 Ti KINGPIN is in stock!!!!

repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:26:00 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
The king is almost ready

Now he wants to show up lol. Always next year
repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:29:25 (permalink)
Just rock my lil ftw 3 hybrid till my next build. Sigh lol

Dark Marauder
Superclocked Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:33:12 (permalink)
Wow a lot of card's dropping today! This is the hip spot to be! ;-)

repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:36:26 (permalink)
Dark Marauder
Wow a lot of card's dropping today! This is the hip spot to be! ;-)

Evga making it rain, lots of cards in bundles and diy
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:38:03 (permalink)

M_Goodman
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:38:46 (permalink)
Just wondering where this card came from.  Something new?  Found it in the bundles with cpu cooler.  08G-P4-5184-KR  I do not see it in the Product section.  There is no picture or at least I can't see it.
post edited by M_Goodman - 2018/02/12 16:41:53
repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:40:24 (permalink)
get it while you can, its the top card
repo1979
FTW Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:42:21 (permalink)
The king has left the building lol

EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/02/12 16:45:41 (permalink)
Gone.

Page: << < ..7172737475.. > >> Showing page 73 of 108
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile