EVGA

5 beep Post Code, error code display is corrupted and can't be read

Author
wkuhne1@tampabay.rr.com
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/08/05 12:58:40 (permalink)
I have a Z490 Dark motherboard and receiving a 5 beep post code. I can’t read the post code as the display on board is corrupted and can’t be read.

We removed and reseated the video card. Flashed the BIOS and Video card with latest update but still getting the 5 beep post beep. System boots up ok but still concerned about the post beep and corrupted onboard error code display.

This is my build –

Component
Manufacture
Model
Motherboard
EVGA
Z490 DARK, 131-CL-E499-KR
CPU
Intel
Core i9-10900K Unlocked
Memory
Corsair
Vengeance LPX 3000MHZ 64GB (2X32)
Power Supply
EVGA
EVGA Super NOVA 1300 G+, 80+ GOLD 1300W
Case
Cooler Master
C700P Black Edition E-ATX Full-Tower
CPU Cooler
Corsair
Hydro Series, H150i PRO RGB
Graphic Card
EVGA
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER BLACK 8GB
SSD
Samsung
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB
M2 SSD
Sabrent
Sabrent 2TB Rocket 4 PLUS NVMe 4.0 Gen4

Any suggestions EVGA? 

4 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49058
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 5 beep Post Code, error code display is corrupted and can't be read 2024/08/05 13:16:00 (permalink)
    You’re making it into windows? If no, checkout this post… https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3624411
    wkuhne1@tampabay.rr.com
    Re: 5 beep Post Code, error code display is corrupted and can't be read 2024/08/06 04:09:42 (permalink)
    It boots to Windows but not always on the first attempt.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30693
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: 5 beep Post Code, error code display is corrupted and can't be read 2024/08/06 06:06:08 (permalink)
    New build or new problem?

OS?

What issue are you having with the PC, beside 5 Beeps?

Support Manual for EVGA Z490 DARK K|NGP|N (131-CL-E499)

Page 155 manual:
    "Many motherboards will beep 1-2 times per USB device plugged in at boot; some will beep more based on functions of the device. These detection beeps may occur at the same time as the system’s POST beeps, sometimes making it a challenge to separate the POST beeps from the USB initialization."

What devices are connected to USB ports on your Rig?

How is your KB connected to PC?  Have you tested with a spare KB?

(p 155, POST, beep codes)

5 Beeps: This error is stating it cannot detect a keyboard. This can also indicate a video
    card is not detected.

Have you tried running BIOS with default setting?

Have you tried the other BIOS positions?

Any issues when you Run the in BIOS stress tests?

What do the LEDs indicate ... not the readout "POST Code" -- but, the individual LEDs  (p 10 - 13 LEDs)

https://www.evga.com/articles/01409/evga-z490/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

wkuhne1@tampabay.rr.com
    Re: 5 beep Post Code, error code display is corrupted and can't be read 2024/08/07 06:11:28 (permalink)
    New build or new problem? - Old build new problem. The system has been rock solid for 2 years. 

OS? - Windows 10

What issue are you having with the PC, beside 5 Beeps? - The error code display on the board is corrupted and can't be read. 

"Many motherboards will beep 1-2 times per USB device plugged in at boot; some will beep more based on functions of the device. These detection beeps may occur at the same time as the system’s POST beeps, sometimes making it a challenge to separate the POST beeps from the USB initialization."

No it's definitely 5 beeps and when I power it off and turn it back on it doesn't complete the boot and hangs. If I reset then it boots up successfully. In all cases I get 5 beeps. Previous to this was the normal 2 beep post code. 

What devices are connected to USB ports on your Rig? Keyboard, mouse and headphones.  

5 Beeps: This error is stating it cannot detect a keyboard. Keyboard functions ok. I can try another one. This can also indicate a video card is not detected. Video is fine but just in case I removed and reseated the card. I couldn't move it to to lower slot because it takes up 2 slots and won't fit. I don't have on board video or I would have tried that. 

Have you tried running BIOS with default setting? No but I will try that. I did flash the BIOS with the latest update. 

Have you tried the other BIOS positions? Same here, didn't try it but I will and report back my findings. 

What do the LEDs indicate ... not the readout "POST Code" -- but, the individual LEDs  (p 10 - 13 LEDs) Another good suggestion. I'll check it and let you know. 

Thanks for all of the help!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile