EVGA

GTX 1080/TI stock ETA?

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 28 of 108
Author
vkon15
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/26 23:41:10 (permalink)
bhphotovideo had supernova 1200 earlier
SirKronan
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 330
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 00:35:33 (permalink)
I think this is a GREAT idea. :D

Current Temp Rig: Modded cheapo HP SFF gaming PC with AMD Ryzen 3600 + Arctic Freezer 7X, 32GB Crucial DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, incoming EVGA 3060 12GB. 400w HP Platinum PSU, 43" Asus XG438Q Gaming Monitor
=HiL=Hellisloose
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 01:55:14 (permalink)
Loaded up my Titan XP today, Wow. I had to take a day off cause I was so excited. Its too bad Ill not have two 1080TI kingpin cards this time around, since they are never in stock. But, Ill always buy from the local company EVGA next time later on this year. I was laughing at the prices on Amazon and other sites. If there is opportunity, Ill buy a few cards and resell at my cost to someone local, There are a lot of people at work who want a card but cant buy due to price gouging.
sScApi
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 02:15:22 (permalink)
Anyone know anything about EU store getting something in stock, beside Founders Edition 1080 and 1060 3GB?
I'm aiming at 1080/1070.
Mr_Johnson
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 02:18:48 (permalink)
Man, it really is a struggle right now. I've always pushed friends to build rather than buy PCs, but with RAM and GPU prices where they are now (if you are even able to find a GPU), pre-built computers are often the best price/performance option.
Pretty much all I play right now is Rainbow Six Siege, and I'd love to be able to keep a steady 144 frames without dropping my resolution.
I just keep refreshing my gmail hoping that I can hop on a 1080 Ti as soon as the stock notification comes through...

sixty7velle
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 08:56:55 (permalink)
I don't think I could stomach buying a pre-built. A friend of mine purchased a $7500 origin pc several years ago that turned in to a nightmare. Looked great, full custom water cooling and lighting, custom painted case, all top end parts. Ended up leaking water on to the mobo on his first day. Got it back 2 months later after being replacing parts. Would barely run without crashing. Sent back to origin. They reused the ram that turned out to be faulty. After about 6 months of "repairs", origin mailed him a brand new pc with a new custom painted case and upgraded his cards to newer models. Didn't cost him any more, but it was still a huge aggravation mailing a giant pc back and forth.
Zerospinduelist
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 10:07:15 (permalink)
Someday, maybe us plebs will get access to these cards!
SleepingHero
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 10:08:52 (permalink)
Are no products coming out this weekend?
moiserean
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 10:37:52 (permalink)
SleepingHero
Are no products coming out this weekend?

Yes, gotta wait till they start again Monday. 
QuintLeo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 946
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 11:14:12 (permalink)
juankfuentesr
95% of the demand are for the miners, it's his fault

Miners are not 95% of the demand or even close.
I seriously doubt miners have been 30% of the demand most months out of the last year - and DEFINITELY not in December when the cards ran out.
I strongly doubt that miners have ever been 30% or even 20% of the demand for NVidia cards ever, though I would not be shocked if they were 20% or more of the demand for AMD cards some months out of the last year.

AMD and NVidia combined shipped AT LEAST 10 million GPUs each quarter last year - the total was close to 50 million for the entire year.
Miners accounted for AT MOST 10 million GPUs sold ALL OF LAST YEAR, based on "total network hashrate" added to all cryptocoins that can use GPUs - my ACTUAL estimate is closer to 5 million, but it presumes miners bought mostly the higher hashrate cards for each coin.

GAMER DEMAND is the bulk of the current shortage, NOT miner demand - the numbers just don't add up for any other HONEST conclusion.

Note that AMD had a heck of a year with Ryzen - which is NOT a high demand CPU for mining rigs - SOME SORT of video had to go in all those Ryzen-based machines since NONE OF THEM have on-chip GPUs that have been sold to date.

Now that vorsholk has stopped his abuse, I'm returning to folding.
 I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

QuintLeo
SSC Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 11:20:25 (permalink)
Viper453
I think if nvidia made it where top end cards required 16 lanes it will cripple mining pretty good.

It would also cripple multi-GPU setups for gaming, as VERY VERY FEW MOTHERBOARDS offer more than one slot with 16 lanes to each slot (the x16 slots are often actually x4 or x8, and in many cases an x16 SLOT will only run at x8 if more than one GPU is installed).
 TO be specific, NO Ryzen-based motherboard does so to date (you have to go Threadripper to manage that trick), and I'm not aware of any Socket 1151 motherboards that do so outside of WAY EXPEN$IVE HIGH END WORKSTATION ones, usually multi-CPU.
 It also would have little effect on mining ANYWAY as the bulk of mining cards are AMD, not Nvidia.

I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

jmike00
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 162
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 11:37:06 (permalink)
vkon15
bhphotovideo had supernova 1200 earlier

Yah I'm not sure what's going on with  B&H. This week they changed the way stock info is listed on their site, at least for PSUs. Prior to this week it's always listed either "More on the way" or "Expected ship date 5-7 days or 7-10 days". You could add to cart and check out when this message was listed but every time I did the order would get cancelled rather quickly. Now it's changed to just saying "More on the way" and they've removed the ability to pre-purchase restock and changed it to a Notify Me system. They've also added a separate notification when an item is listed as back ordered. That 1200 P2 has shown in stock since this change but my order has not been processed since placing it on Tuesday, though it hasn't been cancelled like previous attempts. I also find it weird that B&H is the only place to have been restocked with this specific unit. It's the only one that was restocked and not even EVGA received shipment. 
post edited by jmike00 - 2018/01/27 11:43:27
cactuspher
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 12:48:48 (permalink)

juankfuentesr
AMD and NVidia combined shipped AT LEAST 10 million GPUs each quarter last year - the total was close to 50 million for the entire year.
Miners accounted for AT MOST 10 million GPUs sold ALL OF LAST YEAR, based on "total network hashrate" added to all cryptocoins that can use GPUs - my ACTUAL estimate is closer to 5 million, but it presumes miners bought mostly the higher hashrate cards for each coin.

I always love it when someone uses data and fact. 
biznoogity
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 13:09:59 (permalink)
cactuspher

juankfuentesr

Could it have been 8 million alone for last quarter and 2 million earlier in the year, or has mining GPU consumption been at a steady rate?

Hayze7
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 20:09:48 (permalink)
Have been watching EVGA website recently (Europe) hoping to catch a 1080 ftw2, and despite seeing prices rise haven’t actually seen any stock come in only only pretty much every other 10 series go out of stock. Any chance someone from EVGA could give a possible eta on some European stock.
Hayze7
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 20:12:24 (permalink)
Have signed up for the auto notify several days ago, but any general eta would be great, is getting to the point I’m worried my new build will need rebuilding before I get a decent GPU haha

Sorry if this has already been answered I started reading all posts but 80+ pages got the better of me
post edited by Hayze7 - 2018/01/27 20:18:28
QuintLeo
SSC Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 21:17:30 (permalink)
biznoogity
cactuspher

juankfuentesr

Could it have been 8 million alone for last quarter and 2 million earlier in the year, or has mining GPU consumption been at a steady rate?

For mining, 1'st quarter was pretty dead - probably well under 1 million GPUs sold - as coin prices were pretty much flat 'till right at the end of that quarter.
2'nd quarter was HOT, as coin prices jumped a TON across the board, often 10x their previous price and in some cases more, and miners started building a ton of new rigs. I'd guess HALF of the mining related sales last year were in 2'nd quarter, and was big enough to lead to  gouge pricing on AMD cards that ended up going so high that they impacted certain NVidia card pricing some for a few weeks.
3'd quarter, prices were flat to dropping a hair, and demand dropped back way down again, perhaps 2 million GPUs sold and availability and pricing dropped a long ways back towards normal (especially on NVidia cards, AMD was still seeing somewhat high pricing).
4'th quarter, continuation of the 3'd quarter as pricing stayed pretty flat 'till just before Christmas, but there's always a LAG while miners decide "is this just a very short spike or are prices jumping long enough for new rigs to have a chance to pay off".
 Probably a million GPUs sold to miners at most, and a LOT of those Vega (it was widely mentioned in mid-to-late November that "Vega is a KICKASS card for mining Monero (XMR) and other Cryptonight coins" at which point Vega cards quickly sold out and stopped being discounted, prior to that it was considered not all that good on price performance compared to the high-end Polaris cards for mining).

It's also notable that on ALL mining-driven shortages, that AMD always went "out of stock" and "price gouged" FIRST, not Nvidia - there is a lot more demand for AMD cards in mining overall - Ethereum ALONE probably accounts for more AMD cards than ALL CRYPTOCOINS COMBINED on Nvidia cards - there are more GPUs mining Ethereum than all other coins combined FOR CERTAIN, and Ethereum has always been a major AMD stronghold (the GTX 1060 and 1070 are the only cards that can compete even at GOUGE PRICING on the AMD side, but AMD Polaris cards have to get into the 1070 price range for the 1070 to become a cost-effective option - and even THEN the 1070 is usually more profitable on other coins).

There were at least 2 million cards in use in mining BEFORE 2017 as well - the LARGE BULK of those AMD - might have been closer to 3 million.

The CURRENT shortage hit Nvidia at least a week BEFORE it hit AMD to the same level - at this point when coupled with the number of reports that PC sales and high-end CPUs from AMD and Intel all had major "up" years, I'm inclined to the notion that the current shortage is mostly GAMER driven, and that both Nvidia and AMD (but more Nvidia) had VERY good "Christmas sales" seasons in 2017 - coupled with the reports out of TSMC that Nvidia is shifting production out of Pascal and into Volta Consumer cards apparently hitting at a bad time....

Auriga88
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 21:43:47 (permalink)
sixty7velle
I don't think I could stomach buying a pre-built. A friend of mine purchased a $7500 origin pc several years ago that turned in to a nightmare. Looked great, full custom water cooling and lighting, custom painted case, all top end parts. Ended up leaking water on to the mobo on his first day. Got it back 2 months later after being replacing parts. Would barely run without crashing. Sent back to origin. They reused the ram that turned out to be faulty. After about 6 months of "repairs", origin mailed him a brand new pc with a new custom painted case and upgraded his cards to newer models. Didn't cost him any more, but it was still a huge aggravation mailing a giant pc back and forth.

Yeah, this.

Pre-builts are just full of... unknown cost-cutting. It really sucks what's happening to DIY builds right now. I think my laptop with a 1060 in it is cheaper than if I tried to build a desktop with the same GPU/RAM right now. Crazy.
biznoogity
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 23:00:31 (permalink)
QuintLeo
biznoogity
cactuspher

juankfuentesr

For mining, 1'st quarter was pretty dead - probably well under 1 million GPUs sold - as coin prices were pretty much flat 'till right at the end of that quarter.
2'nd quarter was HOT, as coin prices jumped a TON across the board, often 10x their previous price and in some cases more, and miners started building a ton of new rigs. I'd guess HALF of the mining related sales last year were in 2'nd quarter, and was big enough to lead to  gouge pricing on AMD cards that ended up going so high that they impacted certain NVidia card pricing some for a few weeks.
3'd quarter, prices were flat to dropping a hair, and demand dropped back way down again, perhaps 2 million GPUs sold and availability and pricing dropped a long ways back towards normal (especially on NVidia cards, AMD was still seeing somewhat high pricing).
4'th quarter, continuation of the 3'd quarter as pricing stayed pretty flat 'till just before Christmas, but there's always a LAG while miners decide "is this just a very short spike or are prices jumping long enough for new rigs to have a chance to pay off".
 Probably a million GPUs sold to miners at most, and a LOT of those Vega (it was widely mentioned in mid-to-late November that "Vega is a KICKASS card for mining Monero (XMR) and other Cryptonight coins" at which point Vega cards quickly sold out and stopped being discounted, prior to that it was considered not all that good on price performance compared to the high-end Polaris cards for mining).

It's also notable that on ALL mining-driven shortages, that AMD always went "out of stock" and "price gouged" FIRST, not Nvidia - there is a lot more demand for AMD cards in mining overall - Ethereum ALONE probably accounts for more AMD cards than ALL CRYPTOCOINS COMBINED on Nvidia cards - there are more GPUs mining Ethereum than all other coins combined FOR CERTAIN, and Ethereum has always been a major AMD stronghold (the GTX 1060 and 1070 are the only cards that can compete even at GOUGE PRICING on the AMD side, but AMD Polaris cards have to get into the 1070 price range for the 1070 to become a cost-effective option - and even THEN the 1070 is usually more profitable on other coins).

There were at least 2 million cards in use in mining BEFORE 2017 as well - the LARGE BULK of those AMD - might have been closer to 3 million.

The CURRENT shortage hit Nvidia at least a week BEFORE it hit AMD to the same level - at this point when coupled with the number of reports that PC sales and high-end CPUs from AMD and Intel all had major "up" years, I'm inclined to the notion that the current shortage is mostly GAMER driven, and that both Nvidia and AMD (but more Nvidia) had VERY good "Christmas sales" seasons in 2017 - coupled with the reports out of TSMC that Nvidia is shifting production out of Pascal and into Volta Consumer cards apparently hitting at a bad time....

Well, hopefully with that historical context, card supply should slowly catch back up.  New CPUs from the reginited AMD/Intel battle I'm sure contributed to that.  Thanks for the insight.

tiberian32
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 23:14:32 (permalink)
any chance for more to go on sale ? i kinda need 2 ... any version. I hope Jacob comes back soon with good news.
FattysGoneWild
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2660
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/27 23:17:23 (permalink)
Auriga88
sixty7velle

Yeah, this.

Pre-builts are just full of... unknown cost-cutting. It really sucks what's happening to DIY builds right now. I think my laptop with a 1060 in it is cheaper than if I tried to build a desktop with the same GPU/RAM right now. Crazy.

Pre-built can work out good. My last 3 machines have been custom builds by HP. Always the gaming line of their pc's. My oldest one is still going strong its over 5 years old now and has a i7 2600 in it. With all this madness going on now I just put in a order for a new build today for Omen. The ssd is a M.2 as well. Any ways total came out to be $2,514.99 I like to buy a new pc every 2-3 years. And this one in my sig is coming up on 3 years.  

[<font]750 W Platinum efficiency power supply
WLAN RT 8822 ac 2x2 +BT 4.2LE WW
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080Ti 11G
Office Trial
No Optane
BU ICTO UMA Z370
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
Windows 10 Home
McAfee Livesafe (30 day)
HP USB Wired Keyboard with volume control
32 GB memory
512 SSD + 2 TB HDD storage
No ODD Option
Black Interior Paint; Side Window; External 3.5" Bay; Liquid Cooling Solution (95w Processor)

HP Omen 880-160se custom ordered
MOBO: HP Tampa2
CPU: Intel i7 8700k @4.8GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400
GPU: PNY XLR8 RTX 3080
PSU: Delta 750w 80 Plus Platinum 
NVMe M.2 SSD: Samsung 512GB MZVLW512HMJP
SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001
Sound: Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 Speakers
Monitor: Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 @144Hz G-Sync calibrated with ColorMunki Display
Keyboard: HP Omen 1100
Mouse: HP Omen 600

Tejmaster
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 03:54:45 (permalink)
Hi there,

I'm from the UK and just was wondering from a European perspective what ETA we can expect?
I ordered a EVGA SC2 1080 ti (months of saving yey) from Novatech.co.uk . I spoke to them and other UK websites (CClonline.com , overclockers.co.uk etc) , it seems no one is sure when they will get stock and their best bet is late February.

I notice a lot of American posts about new SC2s in stock. When will Europe get our turn? :)

Thanks for any help!
HumDumpin
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 06:13:49 (permalink)
Hello all!

I see that EVGA offers the "Elite" version of the SC2 card under the serial number 11G-P4-6693-KR, is this card at all different from the regular EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 model with the serial number 11G-P4-6593-KR?

I'm interested in adding a graphics card to pair up with my regular EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 for gaming, and would like to get matching cards. I'd also like to get one sometime this year so I'm trying not to let a little thing like serial numbers stop me. I'm an "elite" member already, so I understand the concept of the "elite" items in stock, but it struck me as somewhat odd the serial numbers are different on these cards and I wanted some confirmation that they're the same.

Appreciate the help!
Great thread and awesome service that Jacob is doing for everyone.

Thank you
kylerxiii
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 07:08:35 (permalink)
Good luck to everyone out there looking for a new card!
QuintLeo
SSC Member
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 12:05:32 (permalink)
My problem with prebuilds is 3fold.

1) They want to charge quite a bit for the assembly fee.
     Not entirely unjustified, but I hate paying for work I have DONE myself professionally and they usually charge a lot MORE than they should for the work.
 2) Most prebuilds insist on you paying for a copy of Windows.
      Just to add insult to injury, it's usually Windows 10 - that I have ZERO interest in suffering through again.
 3) Parts. I have yet to see ANY prebuild system that I could specify QUALITY power supplies on, among other issues with the parts used.
     I have yet to see ANY prebuilder use Seasonic or EVGA G2/P2/T2 power supplies (or even Silverstone on lower-end stuff).
     They also tend to use power supplies that are "just enough" - DELL is notorious that way, as is Alienware since Dell bought them out - and leave NO room for expansion.
     Far too many "prebuilders" equate parts that are NOT equal quality, or insist on using whatever is cheapest and not GIVING you an option - "it's a 1080" as if a Gigabyte ITX 1080 is equal quality to a EVGA SC 1080.
    They also have a bad habit of making you buy stuff you don't want or need - like junk CASES (I have ZERO use for cases on most of my builds).

I do concede that most folks didn't spent 10+ years as a PROFESSIONAL computer tech and don't have my background and experience, and that prebuilt systems are a much better choice for most folks.

AHowes
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6502
  • Ribbons : 27
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 12:13:40 (permalink)
If you have a microcenter local to to you ya better run.

http://www.microcenter.co...esults.aspx?Ntt=1080ti

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
thatonedude14
  • Total Posts : 97
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 15:16:00 (permalink)
I'm just a new pc gamer trying to buy a gtx 1080 and all these cryptominers buying up the stock won't let me buy one for a decent price.
Oheck
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 15:56:11 (permalink)
QuintLeo
juankfuentesr
95% of the demand are for the miners, it's his fault

Miners are not 95% of the demand or even close.
I seriously doubt miners have been 30% of the demand most months out of the last year - and DEFINITELY not in December when the cards ran out.
I strongly doubt that miners have ever been 30% or even 20% of the demand for NVidia cards ever, though I would not be shocked if they were 20% or more of the demand for AMD cards some months out of the last year.

GAMER DEMAND is the bulk of the current shortage, NOT miner demand - the numbers just don't add up for any other HONEST conclusion.

Note that AMD had a heck of a year with Ryzen - which is NOT a high demand CPU for mining rigs - SOME SORT of video had to go in all those Ryzen-based machines since NONE OF THEM have on-chip GPUs that have been sold to date.

The problem still lies at the feet of miners.  I don't care if they took a smaller portion then actual gamers when it comes to inventory.  They soaked up the remaining inventory that companies produce based on their average annual sales for their customer base, thus our total lack of product and price gouging from retailers as a result.  There are, according to your math, 10 million units not making it to their intended consumers.  Thus, the shortage.
FBHERO
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 16:13:22 (permalink)
All are equal to blame.  The miners are the last bunch to rush to buy at end of year (cycle) for cards.  Don't forget AI / Learning machines are using more and more GPU power/chips.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 63846
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: GTX 1080/TI stock ETA? 2018/01/28 16:21:56 (permalink)

29 pages on stock ETA cards.     

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 28 of 108
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile