EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: << < ..1112131415 Showing page 15 of 15
Author
mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:05:32 (permalink)
evgafan#x
So how does this change affect elite queue's and regular queues? Are they still going to prioritize elite over regular queue because if not what is the point of elite? I got 2 3080 hc left I'm queued for (was planning on buying whichever notify came first and dropping the second notify) and that is kind of messed up if normal queues get bumped ahead of elite queues... I'm fine with them prioritizing legit people getting gpus that havent got one but still honoring elite vs normal. It probably wont affect the hydrocoppers too much as they are not as desired. Just a relevant question that needs answering as Jacob's explanation was vague at best.

There are no elite queues.  There is only one queue.  Elite membership gave an elite member a 24 hr access to new evga products over non elite members and that's it.  The 24 hour access auto notifies go into the same queue.

post edited by mech9t5 - 2021/10/05 11:40:24

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

shauren
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:07:54 (permalink)
evgafan#x
So how does this change affect elite queue's and regular queues? Are they still going to prioritize elite over regular queue because if not what is the point of elite? I got 2 3080 hc left I'm queued for (was planning on buying whichever notify came first and dropping the second notify) and that is kind of messed up if normal queues get bumped ahead of elite queues... I'm fine with them prioritizing legit people getting gpus that havent got one but still honoring elite vs normal. It probably wont affect the hydrocoppers too much as they are not as desired. Just a relevant question that needs answering as Jacob's explanation was vague at best.

Elite (no 3000 bought & signed up in first 24 hours) > non-elite (no 3000 bought) > elite (bought other 3000 & signed up in first 24 hours) > non-elite (bought other 3000)
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:09:53 (permalink)
mech9t5
evgafan#x

There are no elite queues.  There is only one queue.  Elite membership gave an elite member a 24 hr access to new evga products over non elite members and that's it.  The 24 hour access auto notifies goes into the same queue.

Yup this ^. Exception is KingPins - they are Elite only I believe.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

mech9t5
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1413
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:13:10 (permalink)
Nereus
mech9t5
evgafan#x

There are no elite queues.  There is only one queue.  Elite membership gave an elite member a 24 hr access to new evga products over non elite members and that's it.  The 24 hour access auto notifies goes into the same queue.

Yup, for Kinpin's hybrid and HC are for Elite members only.

Associate Code: P7JUX093GU7RID0

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:40:20 (permalink)

LOL, something that was just pointed out to me (thanks nick_shl); you don't even need to make multiple accounts! Sign up different emails for different cards (or multiple times for one card if you want), as soon as you get notification you can register an account for that email. It makes scalper life easier.

Scalpers must be absolutely laughing their asses off right now.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Silvia511
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:49:31 (permalink)
Nereus

LOL, something that was just pointed out to me (thanks nick_shl); you don't even need to make multiple accounts! Sign up different emails for different cards (or multiple times for one card if you want), as soon as you get notification you can register an account for that email. It makes scalper life easier.

Honestly, I think it is inappropriate to discuss all these scalping techniques in the forums, it's like teaching the bad guys. I'll edit all my posts.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:54:46 (permalink)
Silvia511
Nereus

Honestly, I think it is inappropriate to discuss all these scalping techniques in the forums, it's like teaching the bad guys. I'll edit all my posts.

I agree with your sentiment for sure, but at the same time, if EVGA are not going to stand up for some legit buyers, then perhaps it's time to use scalper's own tactics to level the playing field?

nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 12:12:25 (permalink)
Yup.  When you get punished for playing by the rules, then the rules are just there to exert control.  
I'm way too much of a Rage Against The Machine fan to stomach that.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 12:15:40 (permalink)
mech9t5
Nereus
mech9t5
evgafan#x

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Kingpin cards were pulled from Elite Member only awhile back. The last item that was listed as Elite Members only was the first 24 hours of the X570 Dark motherboard.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 12:24:32 (permalink)
kram36
mech9t5
Nereus
mech9t5
evgafan#x

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Kingpin cards were pulled from Elite Member only awhile back. The last item that was listed as Elite Members only was the first 24 hours of the X570 Dark motherboard.

Doh! Thanks for the heads up.

cottagehunter308
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 12:33:44 (permalink)
Nereus

I'm surprised people only found out about this just now. That's how I got a 3755. Signed up using the wrong email and then had to create an account once I received the email. It's a loop hole that's been around since the very beginning. The queues are now closed so it's not like any new scalpers are going to get in to take advantage.

Fyi I removed all of my other notifies once I got the card so that others might get a chance.
staypuft
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4013
  • Ribbons : 31
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 12:53:53 (permalink)
Nereus

^ This gap in the fence is really the origin of our woes.  If you were required to have an active account (and logged in) to queue up, then perhaps it would have a been a better filter.  In fact, maybe active account with verified email and phone # on file.  Welp, maybe that could be gamed as well, but perhaps not so easily, or extensively.

Filtering out the needy from the greedy at this point would be an exercise in futility.

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 13:31:41 (permalink)

Page: << < ..1112131415 Showing page 15 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile