EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 15
Author
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 26
2021/09/15 18:16:01 (permalink)
Hi there! We are looking into ways to optimize the current EVGA queue system for GeForce RTX 30 series cards to speed up the process and get cards into more gamers hands as soon as possible. We would like some of your feedback on some different options that may be considered. Please vote for which option you would like to see:

• Option 1: Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)
  • Option 2: You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY
  • Option 3: Other (comment below)

Please let us know your thoughts on the current queue system and any feedback!

432 Replies Related Threads

safan80
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 322
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:20:36 (permalink)
    How about a 24 hour buying window instead of just 8 hours? I've missed two different 3080 TI chances the xc3 and ftw ultra because I was not available to purchase during the given window.
    RickyOG90
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:29:41 (permalink)
    safan80
    How about a 24 hour buying window instead of just 8 hours? I've missed two different 3080 TI chances the xc3 and ftw ultra because I was not available to purchase during the given window.

a number of people have had that issue and all they had to do was reply to the email to discuss your desire to buy the card and they would've worked things out for you.

• i7-7820x delidded 4.7ghz w/ monoblock
    • GA-X299 Aorus gaming 7
    • 8x8gb ddr4 3200mhz
    • evga gtx 1080 ti ftw3 hydrocopper 2025mhz core, 6800mhz mem
    • samsung 970 evo plus 500gb/2tb nvme ssd
    • samsung 850 evo 1tb ssd
    • WD 4tb hdd, Seagate 3tb/6TB
    • corsair 900D

Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:31:48 (permalink)
    Seniority queue list after 24hrs set the list by join date. Prob help clear out some bots
    currently in six queues when I want just one gpu so the rest will be canceled after
    numero uno
    post edited by Nozler - 2021/09/15 22:30:25

heatware

enewt
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11883
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:43:18 (permalink)
    safan80

Please reply to the invite to purchase email (it should have come from ordernotify@evga.com) and indicate your desire to purchase the card.  EVGA should get you sorted in a day or three (once they have sufficient inventory for that card) by sending you a new invite to purchase email with a new purchase link.  

Even these days/weeks/months later, safan80, EVGA should be able to find your registration timestamp based on the reply email you sent and get your sorted in short order.

Best of luck!

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
    EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

EnigmicAzn
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 437
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:48:56 (permalink)
    I voted for option 1.

I wanted a 3080 Ti from the start and this was not available until recently. By changing to option 2, I would of never had the chance as well. Alot of people are "settling" on whatever they can get because they have no choice if they want a card at all. I don't think this is right because when you're spending 1k+ on a GPU, you should get exactly what you want.

Alot of other people I know on these forums for example want more limited quantity cards like the KPE HC but at the same time, They obviously don't want to wait the entire time with nothing if they can help it. The current queue system isn't perfect but it works. 

If people are mad because they haven't gotten a card yet, they should be at themselves for not being ready when new SKUs were announced to get in early. I like everyone else queued early but still had to wait, I used that experience to make sure I got an early time no matter what when the SKU I wanted finally showed up.

12G-P5-3968-KR 6/3/2021 7:57:11 AM PT Removed by user
    12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:50:01 AM PT YES
    safan80
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 322
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:54:09 (permalink)
    enewt
    safan80

Please reply to the invite to purchase email (it should have come from ordernotify@evga.com) and indicate your desire to purchase the card.  EVGA should get you sorted in a day or three (once they have sufficient inventory for that card) by sending you a new invite to purchase email with a new purchase link.  

Even these days/weeks/months later, safan80, EVGA should be able to find your registration timestamp based on the reply email you sent and get your sorted in short order.

Best of luck!

One was from a week or so and the other was even later.
    donnie700
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:54:26 (permalink)
    Just build another pc..my last one I built was in 2017..the one before that...2012....im an  independent IT technician. I remember enjoying just getting a card. I can not imagine being an entry level pc builder trying to build his/her first PC to GAME and STREAM but cant. all of this is goofy. if we're going to act like we want to be fair then one card PERIOD per customer makes sense. 
    rottentreats
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 242
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:55:12 (permalink)
    Marbles. (more on this random concept below)

The current system is pretty good but could use some more RNG.  For example, those who get in the queue in the first 30 minutes are thrown into a pool and picked by random until complete. (then the next 30 minutes, etc. Maybe an hour? 15 minutes? day? heck I dunno) During this time hopefully bots can be determined through some means of human validation.  It's really not great that the EVGA website times out or is flooded with potential bots and that is what determines order and making it random makes it a little more fair.

Also no one likes that only new people get to spin this magical wheel for discounts... the previously loyal/faithful should get such perks and more.

Warm regards,
    Your friendly stream/forum sniper.

post edited by rottentreats - 2021/09/16 08:57:11

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID

Spoiler
    this should be on the trunk of a car
    close

staypuft
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4013
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:55:19 (permalink)
    There is no easy way to set up and run a system like this and not have people picking it apart and giving their 2 cents on how it should work.  Thought I'd give my 2 cents in the form of thanks... to EVGA and staff for taking care of customers the best they can.

Will be interesting to see the results comparing how many folks are in the limit-one-per-SKU vs the just-one-30-series camps.

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
    Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
    AlreadyTaken14Times
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 18:57:19 (permalink)
    Changing the rules this late in the 30-series queue seems unfair; but thinking ahead to the 40-series makes sense.

Some people (myself NOT included at this point) may have a legitimate need for multiple cards of the same SKU; I think it would make sense allow someone who has purchased a card to re-enter the same queue [after, say, a 24 hour window to lock out launch-day bots]... i.e. to have a more "permissible" queue that what's currently on offer.  Yeah, sure, that may "slow down" the process a bit for some...  but no matter what, anyone can recruit their distant relatives to "enter" the queue, so does it really make sense to pretend there are ways to put limits?

Edit: Thanks for the queue system!  As painful as it is waiting, it is much less stressful that trying to beat-the-bots and/or the camp-out professionals at BB.
    post edited by AlreadyTaken14Times - 2021/09/15 19:05:44
    Arnold_35
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:04:20 (permalink)
    I'd you able to buy one card and then have a cooldown ~6months b4 being able to buy another 30 series card
    reinvented
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:12:54 (permalink)
    Arnold_35
    I'd you able to buy one card and then have a cooldown ~6months b4 being able to buy another 30 series card

How does this work for people who manage to purchase one from a different retailer?  Yeah, not a fan of that idea.  There are people that do need multiple cards that aren't for mining purposes as well...

Looking to join some like-minded gamers?  Join us on Discord! http://www.discord.gg/PHeYXrm

rzelek506
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 303
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:25:48 (permalink)
    Other:
    Allow each person to be in only one queue at a time.
    This will reduce the overall size of the queues and gives everyone a better chance of actually getting the card(s) that they most want.

Give everyone a week or two to decide which queue slot they would like to keep.
    After those two weeks, remove all of their other queue slots, and then they could only re-enter the queue (from the end) once they receive the card from the original queue slot that they decided to keep.

If you decide with this approach, please make it clear which queues will actively move and which likely won't move, or maybe only do this for specific SKUs that you believe have a solid chance of movement.
    The reason for this request is that some queues nearly freeze after the queue's start day and barely move after many months of very small movement (for example, the K|NG|PN HCs and 3080 HCs), which can screw some people over if they decide to keep their queue entry for those types of SKUs that barely move ever.

A way to implement this:
    For the mainstream SKUs that get fed the most supply (3967, 3657, 3987 as of lately, etc) make those queues solo-registration queues.
    By solo-registration I mean that if you are signed up for any one of those SKUs, then you cannot be signed up for any other 30-series queue.
    This gives the user a good chance of actually getting a card because the queue moves frequently.
    But if the user wants a special SKU, such as an HC, hybrid, etc, then they will be allowed to queue in those special SKUs in parallel (but not in any of the solo-registration queues), since those queues are limited supply to start out with and may never end up being fulfilled.
    These special SKUs won't be taking supply away from the people with no GPU because the people with no GPU will most likely be in the solo-registration queue, because those queues will give them the best chance of getting at least one card.
    post edited by rzelek506 - 2021/09/16 00:42:28
    jptech
    • Total Posts : 40
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:41:21 (permalink)
    Users who have shown loyalty to EVGA should be getting priority in the queue. The queue system is is half decent. I just received my 3968 today after 98 days on the queue. I got the GPU I wanted. This is my 6th or 7th EVGA GPU over almost 20 years. I switched to EVGA specifically because OCZ couldn't honor the warranty on my GeForce 3. It's been that long.

Users with a certain number of registered GPUs over a certain number of years should get into the queue a day before elite. And elite shouldn't be something that you can get by spamming the forums.
    Lebon14
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 120
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:43:19 (permalink)
    One SKU per customer, please. Let's speed things up guys... seriously. Let's get a card then think about getting another later. Also, a lot of people have entered multiple queues in order to be efficient at getting at least *something*. If everybody just went for the card they want *or* the card they are the closer to in term of spot in the queue vs. where the queue is, it would go so much faster.

STATUS OF QUEUES:
    EUROPE - updated by BovineGamer
    NORTH AMERICA - updated by enewt

In queue for, in order I joined them.
    10G-P5-3897-KR ~ 12/11/2020 ~ 8:17:23 PM PT ~ YES! (Jan. 20 2022 - didn't buy)
    08G-P5-3755-KR ~ 4/27/2021 ~ 4:14:34 PM PT ~ No (Removed)
    08G-P5-3767-KR ~ 4/22/2021 ~ 3:28:25 PM PT ~ No (Removed)
    08G-P5-3797-KL ~ 6/10/2021 ~ 6:48:07 AM PT ~ YES! (21 sept., 2021 - BOUGHT!)
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:44:13 (permalink)
    @Jacob,

Keep the queue as is, but possibly give some clarity as to where a user stands in the queue, like an estimated wait time. I would NOT give exact queue numbers because it is well known that with exact information, people won’t understand what they are reading and will take it completely wrong.

Vague information, like (current trend is 1-2 months) (current trend is Soon). Just like people get when on hold for incredibly important phone calls, and they hear “due to high call volumes, there is approximately a 4 hour wait, and your phone battery will die before we actually answer.”

A great option for the future is 1 sku at a time. Allow users to sign up for all sky’s they are willing to purchase, but once they complete a purchase, all queue’s are cleared and they can re-enter, the queue, instead of allowing the same person to purchase 8 sku’s because they weren’t working when the webpage launched, but someone that was working had to wait 3 hours and couldn’t enter all of the SQueues, and therefore has to wait forever to get one card. See what I did there… SKU’s + Queues… SQueues.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/09/15 19:48:19
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:45:17 (permalink)
    I wouldn’t mind one per person as long as people are able to be in multiple queues until one card they are happy with becomes available. After the order is placed they are removed from other queues thus giving a fair chance.

Another idea would be a scavenger hunt on the site. You have to find just one ribbon answer two or three questions and then you can enter a queue for hot new products like the 30XX series. Find another ribbon and be able to enter a second queue. Goal would be to just make it slightly harder to sign up for product so people enter queues for the product they really want.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

craze42
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:45:26 (permalink)
    Hmm. I'd personally like to see all the "elite" members that garnered that status via forum spamming participation revoked, and the old rules regarding that status reinstated(I've been buying EVGA since 2008, and was quite miffed by that change). I'd like to see the server capacity adequately addressed on new SKU launch dates during peak hours(so, 6-12 PST), even if that involves leasing extra processing time as well as a bandwidth multiplier service or some sort of reverse proxy on those days to handle the extra load. And lastly, on a technical note, a rework to the code that handles ticketing and queuing.

(Fair warning, this likely wont make sense to anyone who hasn't peeked at the page source for the store and product pages, and it is still rather technical as makes some assumptions about you already understanding the systems at play)
    As it stands, the current system loads the notify page into a floating JS element that's effectively 'part of' the current page, so when the server times out trying to process your submission or load the element in the first place(assuming you even managed to get that far), even if you had a valid token issued from the server, you're now stuck trying to reload the entire store page, which regenerates your tokens for any products visible on said page(whether you're on the main store/category or directly on the page for a given SKU). Someone with experience in such things can easily pick out the URL for the queue registration page that gets loaded into the floating element and manually find their freshly generated token from the page source and then feed it in to the appropriate page to bypass all this and allow them to keep attempting to load the submission page directly, rather than having to load the product page, get a new token(this is all hidden and the average user doesn't even know about it), hit the auto notify button, wait for the floating element containing the queue page to (try to) pop up, put in their info, and then hope that none of those operations timed out or they're gonna be starting over from square one. It took me over 2 hours 45 minutes to get in queue for a 3080 ti because of this(the queue entry page would come up, if I was lucky, I'd try and submit, and it would time out and I'd have to start from scratch rather than just resubmitting, as there was no way to refresh or nav backwards since its not even using a frame to hold the content), before I dug into the page to see about potential workarounds for future drops. Using that knowledge, it only took 12 minutes to get in for the 3070 ti once those came out after I deduced how the system worked - that's a ludicrous advantage for someone with any modicum of background in web technology simply because the site is poorly designed(Put it in a frame at a minimum, or better yet, redirect the user wholesale when they click the notify button and navigate to the notification input page directly. That way it stops regenerating their token(and invalidating the old one) every time a page load/submission times out, breaking the process and forcing them to start over, rather than just letting them attempt to resubmit whichever step timed out). Was there at 6 am for both launches. Not to mention I don't think most people know that, as an example, refreshing the category for a card you're looking at, watching/waiting for a second SKU to drop will generate new tokens and kill your old ones for anything visible on that page, if say, you have the direct product page for one of those SKUs open simultaneously and are trying to queue for it as well. Maybe take the queue button off of the main category page because of this, so people can still watch for secondary drops(the XC3s, for instance), without killing their tokens for anything else they're presently trying to get in line for(at least it throws an error about it that clued me in, but I'm not so sure that your average Joe would make the connection). I mean, you could use a private browser tab to view the store category while not logged in, so it doesn't kill any tokens you're trying to actively use, but most folk aren't even going to know/think to do that in the first place. I'm assuming the tokening system was put in place in order to stop bots from dumping in queues right at 6 on the dot, hammering the servers, by at least requiring some user interaction in the way of clicking a button - but with the way its presently designed its actually hindering said users instead. Not to mention if someone like me could figure it out in about 2 minutes of looking at your unobfuscated client side code and simply poking around until I got it working, you can bet the scummy folks writing bots so they can scalp the things and head straight over to ebay already had it down pat before the cards even went up for sale. It's hurting real humans while probably not even inconveniencing botters, scalpers, and the rest of the undesirables; put some band-aids on it.

On a slight tangent, whats the deal with the LHR re-release cards and the 3070 ti's getting the KL treatment? I've bought 10 year warranties for every previous GPU I own of yours, and was quite irritated when I realized that wasn't going to be an option for me on the 3070 ti. At least the 3080 ti's are still KR(for now). I'm genuinely considering upgrading to a 3080 ti(queue permitting) and just selling the 3070 ti to a friend simply due to the 3 year warranty issue alone(anyone else remember the good old days when EVGA cards came with a lifetime warranty just for registering within 30 days of purchase?).
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:52:38 (permalink)
    craze42
    Hmm. I'd personally like to see all the "elite" members that garnered that status via forum spamming participation revoked, and the old rules regarding that status reinstated(I've been buying EVGA since 2008, and was quite miffed by that change).

I am going to address this, although someone is going to attempt to correct me because they missed the initial introduction of post count.

The elite status post count was introduced at the very start of elite, in 2017-2018… it is not new, that never changed, it’s been around for years, those are the old rules of that status, so you wanting them to change wouldn’t change anything.
    craze42
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:53:37 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    I am going to address this, although someone is going to attempt to correct me because they missed the initial introduction of post count.

The elite status post count was introduced at the very start of elite, in 2017-2018… it is not new, that never changed, it’s been around for years, those are the old rules of that status, so you wanting them to change wouldn’t change anything.

Not sure where I read otherwise then, my mistake.
    bigredx86
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 128
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:57:46 (permalink)
    I would say if anything, make it slightly harder for fokes to get into queue, and then block anyone getting into the queue within 24hrs of launch of a new card.  Just to give fokes already in the actual elite program a chance before everyone floods elite status just to enter the queue.

Get up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases if you use my associate code at checkout: RYZ7UG4K0FZZ0CU
    Lebon14
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 120
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:57:57 (permalink)
    But the one thing I hate about the current queue or even a future queue if it changes...

GIVES US WHERE WE ARE IN THE QUEUE! Is it that hard to count lines until the top. I feel that's something a programmer could whip up in 30 seconds.

STATUS OF QUEUES:
    EUROPE - updated by BovineGamer
    NORTH AMERICA - updated by enewt

In queue for, in order I joined them.
    10G-P5-3897-KR ~ 12/11/2020 ~ 8:17:23 PM PT ~ YES! (Jan. 20 2022 - didn't buy)
    08G-P5-3755-KR ~ 4/27/2021 ~ 4:14:34 PM PT ~ No (Removed)
    08G-P5-3767-KR ~ 4/22/2021 ~ 3:28:25 PM PT ~ No (Removed)
    08G-P5-3797-KL ~ 6/10/2021 ~ 6:48:07 AM PT ~ YES! (21 sept., 2021 - BOUGHT!)
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:58:05 (permalink)
    craze42
    the_Scarlet_one

Not sure where I read otherwise then, my mistake.

99% of users assume it is new, because EVGA opened up the elite status 24 hour window for the 3070ti and 3080ti, so that elite members would be able to join the queue for 24 hours before the non-elite members could join, but it post count has 100% been one of the requirements since the beginning.

The 1080ti FTW3 Elite was one of the first big perks of elite status, and a LOT of people participated to get the color shroud they wanted back then.. a LOT.
    tehmod
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 19:58:39 (permalink)
    My kids like to game.  Please don't make me create an EVGA account for each child. People will just find a work around for whatever system you come up with to create a 1 per gamer rule. It will only hurt honest people who want to buy more than 1 for legitimate reasons. 
    Also, to address miners who want multiple cards...Where are the CMP GPUs? LHR was supposed to help, but how do LHR GPUs help when there are no CMP options for miners to buy? We all know they end up buying a GPU meant for a gamer and honestly, what did anyone expect when there were no other options. 
    enewt
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11883
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 20:12:38 (permalink)
    craze42
    On a slight tangent, whats the deal with the LHR re-release cards and the 3070 ti's getting the KL treatment? I've bought 10 year warranties for every previous GPU I own of yours, and was quite irritated when I realized that wasn't going to be an option for me on the 3070 ti. At least the 3080 ti's are still KR(for now). I'm genuinely considering upgrading to a 3080 ti(queue permitting) and just selling the 3070 ti to a friend simply due to the 3 year warranty issue alone(anyone else remember the good old days when EVGA cards came with a lifetime warranty just for registering within 30 days of purchase?).

Just FYI, the 3080 Tis -KRs are also LHR.  Apparently it was too late to change their product number from -KR to -KL.  My understanding is that all titanium infused gpus are LHR. 

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
    EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

Rejected
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 20:13:23 (permalink)
    Well, it's a tough situation (understatement).  I do favor just one 30 series EVGA card per account.  There are multiple ways to get multiple cards, and they don't have to be EVGA 30 series.  I enter the shuffle every day.  Even for Gigabyte (heh).

owner:  EVGA 2060 s
    craze42
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 20:21:15 (permalink)
    enewt
    Just FYI, the 3080 Tis -KRs are also LHR.  Apparently it was too late to change their product number from -KR to -KL.  My understanding is that all titanium infused gpus are LHR.

Just to clarify, it wasn't the LHR status I was complaining about, but the extended warranty ineligibility(thus the KL suffix code). LHR doesn't affect me as I'm purchasing card(s) to game on; I'm more irritated that I cant also purchase an extended warranty on anything except the base 3060, the 3080 ti, and the 3090(including kingpin) at this time. I'm rather poor, and don't often have the money to upgrade(still running on a 980 ti at present), so when I do, I need to be sure that the thing lasts, and will be taken care of should anything happen to it.
    mgreger
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 20:21:36 (permalink)
    I appreciate that EVGA is trying to improve the experience for its customers, but it would be nice to know a few more details before we all give our preferences... 

For those who already purchased a card, but not necessarily the one they wanted, would they be kicked from the remaining queues and have no hope of getting the card they really wanted?  I'm sure a lot of folks signed up and purchased a 3060 when they really wanted, for example, a 3080.

How about the SKUs that catch up (I hope some of them eventually do)?  Are they going to go to first come, first served?  IE, bots get them all?  I'd like to have EVGA let us know what they would do for this situation.  If we switch to #2, some queues might actually catch up.  Like now!  Would hate to see bots/scalpers get all of the new ones that are produced instead of folks currently on the list who want more than one card and have no intention of scalping it.  Any time a scalper gets a card, the situation gets incrementally worse for everyone.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see anyone on the list who hasn't gotten a single 30 series card be able to "jump the line."  The rest of the people can stay in line and when everyone in line has gotten at least one card, begin to serve the other people who have already gotten one or more 30 series card.  That fights bots/scalpers and allows people who really want/need more than one GPU to still be able to have a fair method to get one at MSRP.  Downside is that I know people will find ways to work around this.  Now, cheaters have a way to jump the line.  It's not like EVGA will ask for my social security number to prove I never got a card before.  And, well, that is another reason to not do #2.  People will just find ways to make another account and use another CC and ship to another address.  I'm sure some do it already.  #2 gives them more reason to do it.

I hope others in this community do have some good ideas for improvements, but I hate to say it...  I think what EVGA is doing now is about as good as it gets.  If people have ideas on ensuring each person really only gets one card, the process can be improved.  But until that happens, I can't envision many improvements and I'm afraid #2 will actually make the situation worse for many.
    SLiive
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/09/15 20:24:28 (permalink)
    The current queue system seems to work, albeit at an unfortunately slow rate. Voted to keep it as is. More importantly, I understand the need to fulfill contractual obligations to certain retailers, but I wouldn't think your own queue system would take such a backseat to that. Perhaps I'm just naive.

Anyway, as the_Scarlet_one suggested, maybe at least give us an ETA if possible?
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 15
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile