EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 12 of 15
Author
Urza62
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 13:43:11 (permalink)
Nereus
Urza62
Queue solution here is a good one, but considering that EVGA cannot send more cards than the demand, why keeping this system? The queue is surely growing thousand time faster that the cards are sent, and the community want keep this system..
I will stay here and exchange with the community, but quite sure that I will buy something somewhere else before to receive any notification email.
Again, the queue system must be adjusted with the capacity to send cards, or 99.98% of the community here will be frustrated, it's already the case : no communication about your position in the queue, no evolution of the queue for few weeks or months, why EVGA allow the auto notification option if they cannot delivers the cards to everyone?
Quite strange

LOL.. you just joined EVGA 3 weeks ago, and clearly can see this as a way to jump the queue that others have been waiting in for over a year in some cases. Quite strange you say? Get the f outta here.

Don't worry, I will not take the place of no-one here, when I see people waiting months when they just use the option one day after the avaivility on the website, what do you think about me? That I will steal your card?

Just that when a company propose such system, you must be sure to be able to send cards to customers. Yes, I joined few weeks ago, and good for you i am surely after 99,95% of every people, so you know, my card will surely not come from here.

Do the same for cars (it started already), fridges or TV, let thousands of people waiting 2 years by saying "don't worry, you are in the queue" and "if you want to know where you are, ask the other customers", really, you like this system? When I will be here 2 years, it will change something?

Miners / scalpers have so much money now that they can buy cards 3 times the msrp price, miners will use the warranty if something wrong happen, scalpers will resell on marketplace.

I have a Hd6950 1gb here, and yes just 3 weeks on this forum, sorry, I am weak.

Ha, and I agree with you, this modif shouldn't be retroactive..
post edited by Urza62 - 2021/10/04 13:56:28
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 13:57:47 (permalink)
Urza62
Nereus
Urza62
Queue solution here is a good one, but considering that EVGA cannot send more cards than the demand, why keeping this system? The queue is surely growing thousand time faster that the cards are sent, and the community want keep this system..
I will stay here and exchange with the community, but quite sure that I will buy something somewhere else before to receive any notification email.
Again, the queue system must be adjusted with the capacity to send cards, or 99.98% of the community here will be frustrated, it's already the case : no communication about your position in the queue, no evolution of the queue for few weeks or months, why EVGA allow the auto notification option if they cannot delivers the cards to everyone?
Quite strange

LOL.. you just joined EVGA 3 weeks ago, and clearly can see this as a way to jump the queue that others have been waiting in for over a year in some cases. Quite strange you say? Get the f outta here.

Don't worry, I will not take the place of no-one here, when I see people waiting months when they just use the option one day after the avaivility on the website, what do you think about me? That I will steal your card?

Just that when a company propose such system, you must be sure to be able to send cards to customers. Yes, I joined few weeks ago, and good for you i am surely after 99,95% of every people, so you know, my card will surely not come from here.

Do the same for cars (it started already), fridges or TV, let thousands of people waiting 2 years by saying "don't worry, you are in the queue" and "if you want to know where you are, ask the other customers", really, you like this system? When I will be here 2 years, it will change something?

Miners / scalpers have so much money now that they can buy cards 3 times the msrp price, miners will use the warranty if something wrong happen, scalpers will resell on marketplace.

If you only just joined the queue in the last few weeks for a 3080 (for example), and had not purchased any other 3000 series card from EVGA previously, then YES, with this change, you have effectively jumped in front of hundreds possibly thousands of others who have been waiting for up to a year for the same GPU, depending which model it is. THIS IS NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN, this is solely due to EVGA changing the rules retroactively. You will definitely get a card here much sooner now than you would have previously. I do not think you are a miner/scalper though. Definitely overdue for an upgrade from the HD6950, that's like 11 years old now. Good luck.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

phroze
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 799
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:26:41 (permalink)
The people have spoken........... onto deaf ears.

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Mobo: Asrock X570 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
RAM: Crucial Ballistix OC to 3800 16 18 18 1:1
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600w
Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:32:40 (permalink)
Apparently I'm not allowed to Say I vote "No Confidence" in Jacob F as EVGA Product manager?

I didn't know open rebellion was against the TOS.
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:34:30 (permalink)
kevinc313
Apparently I'm not allowed to Say I vote "No Confidence" in Jacob F as EVGA Product manager?

I saw that your thread got deleted. That's insane. Whoever made the decision to do this to the queue should pay for their mistake.

Cooling: Custom hardline loop: optimus blocks, primochill stuff, lian li stuff, HW Labs 60mm radiators, custom stuff
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:37:50 (permalink)
phroze
kevinc313

I saw that your thread got deleted. That's insane. Whoever made the decision to do this to the queue should pay for their mistake.

RabbleRabbleRabble...lol

I haven't seen them get nuked on twitter just yet, that should be entertaining.
Urza62
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:42:36 (permalink)
Nereus
Urza62
Nereus
Urza62
Quite strange

If you only just joined the queue in the last few weeks for a 3080 (for example), and had not purchased any other 3000 series card from EVGA previously, then YES, with this change, you have effectively jumped in front of hundreds possibly thousands of others who have been waiting for up to a year for the same GPU, depending which model it is. THIS IS NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN, this is solely due to EVGA changing the rules retroactively. You will definitely get a card here much sooner now than you would have previously. I do not think you are a miner/scalper though. Definitely overdue for an upgrade from the HD6950, that's like 11 years old now. Good luck.

Haha thanks, but I am quite realistic, I will not get any card here, I am aiming the 3060 12gb, I saw in another part of this forum that the queue moved 2 or 3 min in 6 months, so you know, I don't have so much hope, I even didn't vote here cause at the end it will not change anything. We are all here for the same at the end.
SBMike2
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:49:40 (permalink)
So they just ignored the feedback they asked for.    Imagine if you got into a 3070Ti queue to get a card while you wait in queue for a 3080 and joined the queue a while ago and your time is arriving only for them to pull this bs.
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 244
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:52:09 (permalink)
Nereus

The change doesn't allow accounts who did not get a card to change their position in line, it moves people/scalpers bots/ whatever who already got a card, to the back of the line.

The posts seem to boil down to people who already bought a card (or cards) from the queue vs people who are still waiting in line for their first freaking purchase from the qeue.

post edited by z1nonly - 2021/10/04 14:58:24
Sparkyoo7
  • Total Posts : 56
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:54:40 (permalink)
this is such BS!!!  I missed my 3080ti link on Friday and fired off an email within a few hours after the link expired, the response i got was they wouldn't be issuing a new link because of their new rules.  So because they waited to get back to me till Monday i cant complete my order?  way to treat loyal customers.  first no wheel spin, now this?  Im really not happy about this.

ftw3 3090
phroze
SSC Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:57:25 (permalink)
Sparkyoo7
this is such BS!!!  I missed my 3080ti link on Friday and fired off an email within a few hours after the link expired, the response i got was they wouldn't be issuing a new link because of their new rules.  So because they waited to get back to me till Monday i cant complete my order?  way to treat loyal customers.  first no wheel spin, now this?  Im really not happy about this.

That's horrible! I wonder how many customers EVGA has lost this morning. I am sure they are going to feel it when the market normalizes and people have a choice.

jmscotti
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 14:57:50 (permalink)
All I'm asking at this point is to be able to get in line. I joined a few weeks ago and bought a CLC to become an elite member to be able to sign up for the queue, only to find out that the queue sign-ups are now disabled. 
homestyle
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 228
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:01:15 (permalink)
The vast majority of users wanted to keep the system in place.

It was working so well.
Sparkyoo7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:03:13 (permalink)
phroze
Sparkyoo7

That's horrible! I wonder how many customers EVGA has lost this morning. I am sure they are going to feel it when the market normalizes and people have a choice.

yes I cant wait till the market normalizes and they have to work for their sales.

ftw3 3090
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:06:39 (permalink)
homestyle
The vast majority of users wanted to keep the system in place.

It was working so well.

It was working particularly well for people who already bought cards from the queue and were looking forward to buying more.

The poll results could just be a sign that more people have bought cards than those who are still waiting for their first opportunity.
homestyle
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:08:50 (permalink)
z1nonly

It was working particularly well for people who already bought cards from the queue and were looking forward to buying more.

The poll results could just be a sign that more people have bought cards than those who are still waiting for their first opportunity.

The poll results reflect the evga community and customer base.
Sparkyoo7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:09:11 (permalink)
I dont even want it anymore.  Ill never purchase another evga product.

edit:  out of the 7 cards I have owned only 1 has not been evga.  I
post edited by Sparkyoo7 - 2021/10/04 15:11:25

ftw3 3090
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:12:40 (permalink)
homestyle
z1nonly

The poll results reflect the evga community and customer base.

And I am pointing out that the EVGA community and customer base may have more people who have got a card from the system than those who have not.

Members of communities and customer bases are not absent of motives.
wardvader
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:13:10 (permalink)
kevinc313
I haven't seen them get nuked on twitter just yet, that should be entertaining.

I'm sure they thought about this kind of outcry already. Twitter, these forums, or otherwise, none of that really helps. It's made me not want to be a customer any more, after years of support. But all you can do is voice that and move on. Time will tell for EVGA if this was a good move or not.
yamanote
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:20:09 (permalink)
Sparkyoo7

In an identical situation. Had issues checking out 3060Ti link on Friday and emailed immediately after link expired asking if it could be renewed so I could use a different credit card. Seems they purposely did not respond until today as well with the excuse of the new rules.

I've previously bought another card from the queue and passed on at purchase price to help a family member out. Now we are being punished for following the rules that EVGA had implemented from the start?

Building a new system for my little brother as a birthday gift whose GTX980 recently failed and we were so excited to finally get something within a reasonable budget for him. Absolutely no help from email support. Gutted.
post edited by yamanote - 2021/10/04 15:23:44
homestyle
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:21:31 (permalink)
What is the motive? Are they expecting much lower supply?

Is the current lineup going EOL for a super only lineup?
Sparkyoo7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:23:58 (permalink)
yamanote
Sparkyoo7

In an identical situation. Had issues checking out 3060Ti link on Friday and emailed immediately after link expired asking if it could be renewed so I could use a different credit card. Seems they purposely did not respond until today as well with the excuse of the new rules.

I've previously bought another card from the queue and passed on at purchase price to help a family member out. Now we are being punished for following the rules that EVGA had implemented from the start?

Building a new system for my little brother whose GTX980 recently failed and we were so excited to finally get something within a reasonable budget for him. Absolutely no help from email support. Gutted.

the response i received back was i have bought more than one and to let others have a chance.  I almost responded with why i need what im buying but decided that i shouldn't have to explain my self when im trying to spend another $1,500 with this company. it really is the last penny they will see from me.

ftw3 3090
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:25:20 (permalink)
Sparkyoo7
yamanote
Sparkyoo7

Building a new system for my little brother whose GTX980 recently failed and we were so excited to finally get something within a reasonable budget for him. Absolutely no help from email support. Gutted.

the response i received back was i have bought more than one and to let others have a chance.  I almost responded with why i need what im buying but decided that i shouldn't have to explain my self when im trying to spend another $1,500 with this company. it really is the last penny they will see from me.

Wait. You got multiple cards from the queue and are angry with EVGA?
yamanote
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:28:21 (permalink)
Sparkyoo7

Same here. Don't bother wasting your time trying to explain - I have explained my situation multiple times as well as clearly mentioned that I contacted support prior to the changes being implemented and they keep sending the same copy and paste response.

I am not even making any input on the queue changes... the difference is that we were literally sent a link to purchase and requested help before any changes were implemented. The very least they could have done is take that into account and made an exception.

However, it seems pretty evident to me from this thread and attached poll overall that they did not take any user feedback into account when changing the queue system. I was going to email them with feedback about the queue changes but I think EVGA has made it clear they do not really care about our input at this point.
post edited by yamanote - 2021/10/04 15:36:39
icehotshot
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:30:41 (permalink)
z1nonly
Nereus

The change doesn't allow accounts who did not get a card to change their position in line, it moves people/scalpers bots/ whatever who already got a card, to the back of the line.

The posts seem to boil down to people who already bought a card (or cards) from the queue vs people who are still waiting in line for their first freaking purchase from the qeue.

I think you forget the fact that scalpers/miners already have multiple accounts as they have been trying extremely hard from the beginning to get as many cards as possible, so now all the NON-ELITE scalper/miner accounts get ahead of elite members who settled for a 3060 while they have been waiting over a YEAR for a 3080.

5800x, 32gb b-die @ 3800 cl15, Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, EVGA 1000 G3, RTX 3080 ti ftw3 ultra, RTX 3080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid, RTX 3080 ti XC3, custom loop
w_louie
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:31:37 (permalink)
I lead a computer graphics dept in a post production studio. My single EVGA account has helped provide my entire team, plus other dept members with a 30 series gpu for our WFH computers.
Thank you EVGA for implementing the queue system last year. It makes me a bit sad for next year's release, but I totally understand why you have chosen to change the system.

If I may make one more suggestion.. It should be limited to one GPU per account + shipping address.
This will prevent scalpers from making dozens of new accounts.
z1nonly
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:39:50 (permalink)
icehotshot
z1nonly
Nereus

I think you forget the fact that scalpers/miners already have multiple accounts as they have been trying extremely hard from the beginning to get as many cards as possible, so now all the NON-ELITE scalper/miner accounts get ahead of elite members who settled for a 3060 while they have been waiting over a YEAR for a 3080.

The mix in the queue is unchanged. Accounts who got a card get moved back. I seem to recall people complaining that elite status was too easy to get and that scalpers would have elite accounts too.

This really is accounts that already bought a card vs accounts that have not.
Sparkyoo7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:40:06 (permalink)
w_louie

If I may make one more suggestion.. It should be limited to one GPU per account + shipping address.
This will prevent scalpers from making dozens of new accounts.

not really i have multiple address i could ship to if i wanted. 

ftw3 3090
DerpMagoo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 225
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 15:58:16 (permalink)
"EVGA Queue System Feedback!"

What was the purpose of the poll?
toyboarder
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 16:00:27 (permalink)
DerpMagoo
"EVGA Queue System Feedback!"

What was the purpose of the poll?

To gauge how angry people would be when they went ahead with the changes they already had planned I guess.

Spoiler: quite angry.

Build: 12600k/6800xt in an H510 Flow
Waiting: 08G-P5-3783-KL 6/30/2021 6:30:57 AM PT
Backup/Portable: Legion 5 Pro 5800h/3070
Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 12 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile