EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 13 of 15
Author
gary1221
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 16:00:37 (permalink)
Well this blows!!!! I wanted a EVGA 3080FTW3 but that Queue does not move I did purchase a Kingpin 2 months back thru the Queue and got a notice to purchase a 3080ti Ftw3 2 days ago.I passed on the 3080Ti .I guess I will not get that 3080 after all. Will have to be grateful that I was able to purchase the Best 3090 EVGA makes.
toyboarder
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 16:06:34 (permalink)
Sparkyoo7
w_louie

If I may make one more suggestion.. It should be limited to one GPU per account + shipping address.
This will prevent scalpers from making dozens of new accounts.

not really i have multiple address i could ship to if i wanted. 

Seriously. As the tech/finance dude in my fam, any one of them would trust me with their CC info if I told them why and paid them back, I mean I do their taxes so like... I could set up/order from a dozen addresses with 2-3 names/payment info's EACH if I wanted to. And that's doing it semi-legit, if we delve into the realm of those one-off credit card number order places and drop ship addresses the possibilities are limitless. But no, we did it legit so we get bumped so that one dude with 50 unique email/drop-ship addresses can get 50 cards to put on Ebay for 200% markup.

Build: 12600k/6800xt in an H510 Flow
Waiting: 08G-P5-3783-KL 6/30/2021 6:30:57 AM PT
Backup/Portable: Legion 5 Pro 5800h/3070
nardox
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 16:45:14 (permalink)
What is this?

Been waiting for the Kingpin 3090 hybrid for 6 months, gotten two other cards for now but signed up back in March for the KP 3090 to finish my build, that's the card I want, and they already sent notification to someone who signed up for the KP3090 Hybrid two hours before I did, and now I got pushed back to the line?

A lot of people got a different card because they couldn't get the one they want the most, this is a common practice when the one you want the most is OOS due to supply issues.

If you started with first come first serve, keep it that way if people have been in the queue for months, trying to retroactively change something will backfire most of the time.

If you must change the system, tie the purchase to the one particular card series instead of all the RTX3000 cards.
For example, if you already purchased a 3080, your queue position for other 3080 series will get pushed back. If you already have a 3090, your position for another 3090 will get pushed back. If you already bought a 3060Ti, your position for another 3060Ti will be pushed back. Pushing back people's position in 3090 for a 3060 or 3070Ti doesn't make sense.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/10/04 17:07:50
jerelv
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 16:51:44 (permalink)
nardox
What is this?

Been waiting for the Kingpin 3090 hybrid for 6 months, gotten two other cards for now but signed up back in March for the KP 3090 to finish my build, that's the card I want, and they already sent notification to someone who signed up for the KP3090 Hybrid two hours before I did, and now I got pushed back to the line?

A lot of people got a different card because they couldn't get the one they want the most, this is a common practice when the one you want the most is OOS due to supply issues.

If you started with first come first serve, keep it that way if people have been in the queue for months, trying to retroactively change something will backfire most of the time.

If you must change the system, tie the purchase to the one particular card series instead of all the RTX3000 cards.
For example, if you already purchased a 3080, your queue position for other 3080 series will get pushed back. If you already have a 3090, your position for another 3090 will get pushed back. If you already bought a 3060Ti, your position for another 3060Ti will be pushed back. Pushing back people's position in 3090 for a 3060 or 3070Ti doesn't make sense.

THIS RIGHT HERE. I'm stuck with a 3060 for the foreseable future because they decided to change the game a year down the road.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/10/04 17:14:39

Asus TUF B550M-PLUS Wifi
Ryzen 5600X
EVGA 3070Ti XC3 Ultra
Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz
WD Black SN750 1TB

nardox
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 122
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 17:04:54 (permalink)
jerelv
nardox
What is this?

THIS RIGHT HERE. I'm stuck with a 3060 for the foreseable future because they decided to change the game a year down the road.

An existing purchase should only impact the queue position for that particular GPU line, 60 for 60, 70 for 70, 90 for 90, etc.
Not across the board, the current change got some very dumb logic behind it. If they are not capable of manipulating the database based on each GPU line, I'm sure someone would be happy to help them with that.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/10/04 17:14:22
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 19:15:35 (permalink)
I don't know what I could add to state just how AWFUL a solution you guys came up with.  
Oh, I know.  ENEWT is now uneligible to buy a KPE HC because he helped his brother replace a dead GPU.

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 19:26:36 (permalink)
nomoss
I don't know what I could add to state just how AWFUL a solution you guys came up with.  
Oh, I know.  ENEWT is now uneligible to buy a KPE HC because he helped his brother replace a dead GPU.

I will be fine. I am just hopeful that there will be enough KPE HC units to get through the existing queue. Do I want it yesterday, yes. But I also understand why EVGA made this choice. Do I wish it was a prospective -- rather than a retroactive -- approach, absolutely; I think that would have been fairer as it would have given folks fair notice about purchasing a 30 series card through the queue other than their "dream" card. But, that is not the decision that was made. The queue is not the only game in town...but as I have said many times before, "the EVGA Queue is the worst method to buy a 30 series GPU, except for all of the others." So we move on.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

nomoss
FTW Member
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 19:39:26 (permalink)
You are too gracious, my amphibious friend.
For the KPE, the queue is in fact the ONLY GAME IN TOWN.  
ELITE ONLY products should not be affected by this rule - it's completely flawed that it is. 

I'm gutted for you, my friend.

ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 19:52:07 (permalink)
enewt
nomoss

I will be fine. I am just hopeful that there will be enough KPE HC units to get through the existing queue. Do I want it yesterday, yes. But I also understand why EVGA made this choice. Do I wish it was a prospective -- rather than a retroactive -- approach, absolutely; I think that would have been fairer as it would have given folks fair notice about purchasing a 30 series card through the queue other than their "dream" card. But, that is not the decision that was made. The queue is not the only game in town...but as I have said many times before, "the EVGA Queue is the worst method to buy a 30 series GPU, except for all of the others." So we move on.

You’ve been extraordinarily helpful to the community. Maybe EVGA will be kind enough to allow you to purchase a KPE HC despite having previously purchased a GPU through the queue. After all, they’ve helped those who have missed their purchase notifications during the former 8-hour buying window. Here’s to hoping for you!
post edited by ObscureEmpyre - 2021/10/04 19:53:30

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:01:00 (permalink)
enewt
nomoss

Considering the KPHC queue hasn't moved for nearly 2 months (at least according to the queue on Google sheets), and that the list moved only 8 places over the last 3½ months, and that the remaining queue is 156 people, and you are at #111 and me at #113, I think the chances of either of us getting a KPHC through the queue were already next to zero, but now.. no chance in hell whatsoever. KP are only ever a limited edition anyway, so... nope. Unfortunately this means anyone who scored even a 3060 just so they could run a system in the meantime are now excluded from ever getting a 3000 series card through EVGA. Never mind if you're 'Elite' or have purchased dozens of EVGA components over the years - tough luck. We will also never be able to get a KP Super (if one is coming) or any other 3000 Super card for that matter, even if we are 1st in the queue when it opens. The only way will be to buy off scalpers.

You know who WILL be able to get a card though? - the asshat scalpers who created dozens of accounts each and spammed the forums for Elite status and now have multiple 'separate' accounts waiting in the queue and suddenly have priority over many legit users. Now THAT sucks.

Does anyone recall watching one of the EVGA streams when a bot owner accidentally made all his bots answer the same question in the same words in stream chat at the same time? I remember it. On many occasions I saw multiple accounts created at the same time posting all over the forums simultaneously to reach Elite status. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of them, if not more. Each of those accounts now has priority over legit single account holders who purchased maybe a cheap 3060 while waiting over a year in queue for a 3080, just to have this happen. That's a HUGE f you to all those legit individuals.

Thank the Gods i was lucky to get a 3090 already, because I also got lucky and scored a 3060Ti when they came out, which I purchased to donate it BNIB as a prize in the EVGA annual folding competition. I would be absolutely wild if I had donated that card to a worthy cause and then found I was being punished for it, which is exactly what is now happening for a lot of people who purchased lesser cards for family members etc. while waiting in the queue for the card they wanted.

EVGA you REALLY need to rethink this. At the least, make it like-card exclusivity - meaning those who already got a 3080 are given lower priority only for another 3080 (any 3080 model). Those who got a 3090 are only given lesser priority for a 2nd 3090 (any 3090 model). Particularly those who purchased a 3060 while waiting in the queue for a higher level 3000 series GPU should not be punished for lack of supply. Either that, or make this change effective from today, not effective retroactively.

Seriously, I understand the reasoning behind it, but the implementation does not appear to be well thought through.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/10/04 20:07:51

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

ckind88
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:07:41 (permalink)
Nereus

EVGA you REALLY need to rethink this. At the least, make it like-card exclusivity - meaning those who already got a 3080 are given lower priority only for another 3080 (any 3080 model). Those who got a 3090 are only given lesser priority for a 2nd 3090 (any 3090 model). Particularly those who purchased a 3060 while waiting in the queue for a higher level 3000 series GPU should not be punished for lack of supply. Seriously, this change does not appear to be well thought through.

I second this. If you already got a higher end / lower end card, you should still be eligible to get the other end. A lot of people got lower end cards for there family while waiting for the right card they really want to pop up. Now after waiting for a year… TRUSTING the EVGA would be have a sense of morality… we all get screwed. Literally ALL get screwed by EVGA.

I always stood up for EVGA when people said ASUS and MSI were mich better cards… they may be better cards, but after today they have proven they are a garbage company.
post edited by ckind88 - 2021/10/04 20:09:15
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:18:54 (permalink)
nomoss

OK, what is the meaning of the toast?
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:20:46 (permalink)
z1nonly

The mix in the queue is unchanged. Accounts who got a card get moved back. I seem to recall people complaining that elite status was too easy to get and that scalpers would have elite accounts too.

This really is accounts that already bought a card vs accounts that have not.

So you have a 3080 FE now, do you personally stand to benefit by being called faster in the EVGA queue under the new rules for a 3080 Ti and being able to resell your 3080 FE for $2000 while the market is good?

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your plan, you'd basically be getting a 3080 Ti for free, assuming you bought the 3080 FE from BB at $700 MSRP.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:24:51 (permalink)
kevinc313
nomoss

I was wondering about that. Is it French toast?

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

nomoss
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:28:38 (permalink)
Nereus
kevinc313
nomoss

What, The French Toast?
I got moderated because I posted a meme with what Aunt May actually said in t*xt.

ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:29:28 (permalink)
ckind88
Nereus

EVGA you REALLY need to rethink this. At the least, make it like-card exclusivity - meaning those who already got a 3080 are given lower priority only for another 3080 (any 3080 model). Those who got a 3090 are only given lesser priority for a 2nd 3090 (any 3090 model). Particularly those who purchased a 3060 while waiting in the queue for a higher level 3000 series GPU should not be punished for lack of supply. Seriously, this change does not appear to be well thought through.

I second this. If you already got a higher end / lower end card, you should still be eligible to get the other end. A lot of people got lower end cards for there family while waiting for the right card they really want to pop up. Now after waiting for a year… TRUSTING the EVGA would be have a sense of morality… we all get screwed. Literally ALL get screwed by EVGA.

I always stood up for EVGA when people said ASUS and MSI were mich better cards… they may be better cards, but after today they have proven they are a garbage company.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say EVGA is a garbage company. They’ve always done right by me if ever I had an issue. Something needed to be done about the queue, so some changes were made to it. At least there is a queue even if it moves at a snail’s pace. The next change I’d like to see made is what’s been said countless times, and that’s to get rid of the spamming accounts that were created solely for 100 posts for Elite member status. Not taking care of those is EVGA’s biggest shortcoming, in my opinion, given the ongoing GPU shortage.

On a different but similar note, I suspect the queue was projected to get worse in terms of wait times, hence the decision to implement the recent changes. I say that because of the current cargo ship debacle. Heck, I’m back to not being able to buy toilet paper again, and I doubt it’s because people started hoarding it again. I could be wrong, but I’m leaning toward my <expletive> wipe being stuck in a cargo container somewhere off either U.S. coast.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:34:47 (permalink)
nomoss
Nereus
kevinc313
nomoss

What, The French Toast?
I got moderated because I posted a meme with what Aunt May actually said in t*xt.

LMAO ok I got it now.. "What the [french toast]!?!?"

ckind88
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:36:37 (permalink)
ObscureEmpyre

I wouldn’t go as far as to say EVGA is a garbage company. They’ve always done right by me if ever I had an issue. Something needed to be done about the queue, so some changes were made to it. At least there is a queue even if it moves at a snail’s pace. The next change I’d like to see made is what’s been said countless times, and that’s to get rid of the spamming accounts that were created solely for 100 posts for Elite member status. Not taking care of those is EVGA’s biggest shortcoming, in my opinion, given the ongoing GPU shortage.

On a different but similar note, I suspect the queue was projected to get worse in terms of wait times, hence the decision to implement the recent changes. I say that because of the current cargo ship debacle. Heck, I’m back to not being able to buy toilet paper again, and I doubt it’s because people started hoarding it again. I could be wrong, but I’m leaning toward my <expletive> wipe being stuck in a cargo container somewhere off either U.S. coast.

I mean, we can say whatever we want right? But its the company’s actions that speak for themselves.

Bottom-line oriented only. Loyal customers pooped on, while late to the partiers get catered to.

Guess we will wait and see what happens.
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:36:55 (permalink)
Nereus
nomoss
Nereus
kevinc313
nomoss

What, The French Toast?

LMAO ok I got it now.. "What the [french toast]!?!?"

Lol. Youtube "Aunt May Finds Out". Dank.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:43:17 (permalink)
kevinc313
*snip*

Nice. Ramones.

toyboarder
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 20:47:57 (permalink)
kevinc313

Oh man, it's so accurate a representation of the sentiment even down the the inflection and tone of the 'toast' bomb. That's awesome.

Build: 12600k/6800xt in an H510 Flow
Waiting: 08G-P5-3783-KL 6/30/2021 6:30:57 AM PT
Backup/Portable: Legion 5 Pro 5800h/3070
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/04 21:52:12 (permalink)
Keep it the way it is but at least give people waiting in queues where they stand so they can plan out if they should wait for it or go hunt for one elsewhere.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Urza62
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 03:06:50 (permalink)
C'est quoi cette histoire de French toast ?
EVGA could easily check if people who are buying cards from them are bots or not, they have people who are responding to emails everyday, why not putting part of this support to check if people are legit?
The same problem on amd store : billions bots vs gamers, just a short exchange why all customers to check if they are gamers or not will solve the issue, buying bots cannot solve that

PS : lot of members of the community here is from us, right? Cause I see the 7 hours gap of your responses, here it's almost 1pm when in US it's between 4 or 6 am
post edited by Urza62 - 2021/10/05 03:40:15
Mrostom
  • Total Posts : 94
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 05:26:14 (permalink)
safan80
How about a 24 hour buying window instead of just 8 hours? I've missed two different 3080 TI chances the xc3 and ftw ultra because I was not available to purchase during the given window.

EVGA changed it to 20 hours.

idundas
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 05:31:43 (permalink)
I think this change really sucks. I was up early and, in some cases, took time off work, to be able to try and get as high as possible in the queues during the Elite first 24 hours. Now, because they choose to change the rules I wasted my time and lost money from not being at work. How is this considered fair and reasonable. It is one thing to say that going forward, any new queue entries would be prioritized, but to go back and reshuffle the queue positions based on where or not someone bought an interim card is not very acceptable. I would not have bought the 3060 from the queue if I knew that it was going to mean I would be moved to the back of the line for the 3080 Ti FTW3. And EVGA does this at the same time that scalpers are still able to get large quantities of EVGA cards directly from Best Buy. Here is one EBay listing where the guy somehow got 10 From BestBuy. EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC 12GB Graphics Card *SEALED* (No duties to USA via UPS) 843368069865 | eBay and there was another scalper that had 18 of them for sale with the Buy It now, and again claimed in the add that all were purchased directly from BestBuy. Why the heck is EVAG now punishing those who have been waiting patiently in their queues to get the cards that they want, yet still sending lots of cards out to retailers who allow scalpers to buy tens of the same GPUs at a time. I register to step up from the 3060, but who knows how and when that will actually happen. I am about 30 spots to for for the 3080Ti FTW3, and about 20 spots away from the 3080Ti XC3, but now I am screwed over by a rule change?!? This is not right!
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 05:43:49 (permalink)
Mrostom
safan80
How about a 24 hour buying window instead of just 8 hours? I've missed two different 3080 TI chances the xc3 and ftw ultra because I was not available to purchase during the given window.

EVGA changed it to 20 hours.

Its a lot of work for the scalpers to monitor 100 email accounts they each signed up with, they can't be expected to check them all more than once a day.
Lockdown013
  • Total Posts : 37
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 06:03:01 (permalink)
Not gonna lie, being 36 seconds away from my brothers 3070 Ti only for it to change now does sting. Though I am a bit intrigued how this works now because technically just creating a new account and signing up for any card will be quicker than already being in queue for one if its your second. (BTW I used your associate code Enewt for my 3080ti, thank you for keeping that list up to date)

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021     7:47:32 AM PT YES 
08G-P5-3797-KL 6/10/2021    6:54:46 AM PT YES
08G-P5-3785-KL 6/15/2021  10:10:54 AM PT YES

Ram: G.Skill Trident z rgb 64gb @ 3600hz CL16
GPU: Geforce RTX 3080ti FTW3
PSU: Seasonic TX 1000W
Storage: 1x 1tb Samsung 980, 1x 500gb Samsung 970, 2x 2tb Samsung 860
Cooling: EKWB for both GPU and CPU, 7x Corsair LL120's
Case: Phanteks Evolv X

jetset3312
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 06:13:36 (permalink)
This is a weird move but I already got the most out of the previous queue system. I already hooked up three friends that direly want a 3080Ti and all of them are enjoying them as we speak.

I'm just wondering how this will speed up the process of getting those K|NGP|N cards. I really want a K|NGP|N hydrocopper and X570 Dark as part of my next build.

12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 7:28:24 AM PT YES! *YEE*
12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:24:52 AM PT YES! *YEE*
12G-P5-3969-KR 6/3/2021 7:41:25 AM PT YES! *YEE*
121-RL-E597-KR 5/27/2021 9:17:46 PM PT YES! *NAH*

08G-P5-3797-KL 6/10/2021 6:40:47 AM PT YES! *NAH*
12G-P5-3968-KR 6/3/2021 7:46:06 AM PT YES! *YEE*
12G-P5-3959-KR 6/15/2021 9:59:12 AM PT YES! *NAH*
121-VR-A577-KR 11/9/2021 9:22:13 AM PT YES! *YEE*
10G-P5-3897-KL 5/5/2021 11:21:24 AM PT YES! *YEE*
Beasthunt
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 06:49:04 (permalink)
jetset3312
This is a weird move but I already got the most out of the previous queue system. I already hooked up three friends that direly want a 3080Ti and all of them are enjoying them as we speak.

I'm just wondering how this will speed up the process of getting those K|NGP|N cards. I really want a K|NGP|N hydrocopper and X570 Dark as part of my next build.

How did you do this? I signed up on day one and still am at least 5 years away at this rate.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 06:56:02 (permalink)
jetset3312

If you have already purchased ANY type of 3000 series GPU on your account, then your chances of getting a 3090 KingPin card are now absolutely ZERO - unless of course you can score one through EBay, but expect to pay $5k+, possibly have no warranty, and maybe get scammed in the process.

Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 13 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile