EVGA

LockedEVGA Queue System Feedback!

EVGA Queue System Feedback!

Keep existing queue system. (One card per part number)   62% (611)
You are allowed one 30 series card ONLY   32% (312)
Other (comment below)   5% (49)

Total Votes: 972

Voting Ends:
Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 14 of 15
Author
jonny80s
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 683
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:06:25 (permalink)
So I was able to get a 3060 xc gaming a month or so back.  And now that will retroactively cancel my "elite membership que" for a 3080ti?  

I'm not cool with that.

i9-10900k/Asus ROG STRIX Z590-A/EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra/16X2GB Ballistix 3600/2tb Crucial P2/Seasonic X-1250/Topping A50s-D50s-P50 DAC Stack

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:13:00 (permalink)
jonny80s
So I was able to get a 3060 xc gaming a month or so back.  And now that will retroactively cancel my "elite membership que" for a 3080ti?  

Correct.

jonny80s
I'm not cool with that.

Hold my beer: Scalpers with multiple Elite accounts will now have priority over you - even if those accounts only joined the queue today.

Only lesson I can see here that it pays to game the system and open multiple new accounts with different email addresses using friends / family members home addresses for each one, then spam the crap out of the forums to get elite status on each. Under the new rules, this will definitely get you a new GPU faster than the account you have been waiting maybe a year in queue for the same card. Brilliant.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/10/05 07:20:19

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Urza62
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:32:03 (permalink)
Only evga knows exactly how the queues look like, better communication could partially solve some issues.
rblaes_99
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1951
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:42:13 (permalink)
Nereus
jonny80s

Correct.

jonny80s
I'm not cool with that.

Hold my beer: Scalpers with multiple Elite accounts will now have priority over you - even if those accounts only joined the queue today.

Only lesson I can see here that it pays to game the system and open multiple new accounts with different email addresses using friends / family members home addresses for each one, then spam the crap out of the forums to get elite status on each. Under the new rules, this will definitely get you a new GPU faster than the account you have been waiting maybe a year in queue for the same card. Brilliant.

damn....  well early on I grabbed what i could from the 30 series queue, and slowly hermit crabbed my way up to what i actually wanted and hooked up friends and family.  nothing scalped.  This change would have killed that approach and I would be hot pissed if my kingpin spot was pushed to the end because I snagged a trash 3060 when my number hit.  

EVGA is on fire with these missteps lately.  The dud 3090s.....   the "New Elite" spin the wheel and spam the forum garbage......  now the back of the line change when so many have been patiently waiting.....

They should have made this change with an effective date and those already in the queue stay with the place they have in line understanding that any NEW purchase from this date forward bust your spot for other cards..  

My fanboy defense of my favorite company can only extend so far.  Was there a major management change with EVGA lately?  Who is advising them of this stuff?  They need to establish a "council of elders" to bounce things off of before they do crap like this.  

rblaes_99
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:45:56 (permalink)
Nereus
Urza62
Queue solution here is a good one, but considering that EVGA cannot send more cards than the demand, why keeping this system? The queue is surely growing thousand time faster that the cards are sent, and the community want keep this system..
I will stay here and exchange with the community, but quite sure that I will buy something somewhere else before to receive any notification email.
Again, the queue system must be adjusted with the capacity to send cards, or 99.98% of the community here will be frustrated, it's already the case : no communication about your position in the queue, no evolution of the queue for few weeks or months, why EVGA allow the auto notification option if they cannot delivers the cards to everyone?
Quite strange

LOL.. you just joined EVGA 3 weeks ago, and clearly can see this as a way to jump the queue that others have been waiting in for over a year in some cases. Quite strange you say? Get the f outta here.

In particular this in unfair for people who were waiting for a 3080 or 3090 for a year, and while waiting were able to purchase a 3060 in the interim. They are now being punished for buying a lesser card while waiting in a queue for the card they wanted. I would be angry too. This rule change shouldn't be retroactive, or at the very least should only be hitting people in queues for a like-kind card (meaning already got a 3080 card and are in a queue for another 3080, or already got a 3090 and are in a queue for another 3090).

Of course it doesn't help those who were waiting to buy for their wife or kids living in the same household, but that's not something EVGA can ascertain.

edit: for anyone saying "but you have a 3090 already!" - yes, I was lucky, but I am not talking concerning myself, I am talking concerning other people who have been screwed by this change. 

this.  both of my kids are streamers/gamers and I was buying cards for them as well....  

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:47:11 (permalink)
rblaes_99
EVGA is on fire with these missteps lately.  The dud 3090s.....   the "New Elite" spin the wheel and spam the forum garbage......  now the back of the line change when so many have been patiently waiting.....

They should have made this change with an effective date and those already in the queue stay with the place they have in line understanding that any NEW purchase from this date forward bust your spot for other cards..  

My fanboy defense of my favorite company can only extend so far.  Was there a major management change with EVGA lately?  Who is advising them of this stuff?  They need to establish a "council of elders" to bounce things off of before they do crap like this. 

This very thread was to gauge support of possible queue rule changes.. and the overwhelming majority opinion was promptly ignored, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:48:07 (permalink)
Nereus
jonny80s

Correct.

jonny80s
I'm not cool with that.

The problem is that people that have used the system honestly are being penalized in order to remove an incentive to game that very system.  Not so smart.

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:53:40 (permalink)
redteamgo
The problem is that people that have used the system honestly are being penalized in order to remove an incentive to game that very system.  Not so smart.

Except the 'solution' also rewards those who have gamed the system, and continues to reward them going forward. Those who are honest can go f themselves apparently.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/10/05 07:54:46

rblaes_99
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 07:57:29 (permalink)
Nereus
rblaes_99

This very thread was to gauge support of possible queue rule changes.. and the overwhelming majority opinion was promptly ignored, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why not just make the change with that date as the effective date.... kind of like how they rolled out the LHR cards.    You had an option to stay on the non-LHR or update to the new queue.  

Make it so, starting today, when you purchase any 30 series card you have to click a box saying you understand it will bump you to tier 2 priority for all future 30 series queues....  they should not be going backwards in time moving the goal post on people so close to the finish line.  

kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:08:41 (permalink)
Can somebody quote what's going on? What changed?
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:09:01 (permalink)
rblaes_99
Nereus
rblaes_99

why not just make the change with that date as the effective date.... kind of like how they rolled out the LHR cards.    You had an option to stay on the non-LHR or update to the new queue.  

Make it so, starting today, when you purchase any 30 series card you have to click a box saying you understand it will bump you to tier 2 priority for all future 30 series queues....  they should not be going backwards in time moving the goal post on people so close to the finish line.  

Agreed. Many people are requesting not making it retroactive, or as a compromise, putting the restriction on like-model cards only (if you own a 3080 card already, you get lower priority for any additional 3080 models, but are good for 3090, 3070, 3060 etc.), but there's nothing but crickets from EVGA. It seems they have decided that this is how it will be, and if you don't like it, you can go fornicate yourself. I'm sure the scalpers don't mind at all, but regular customers.. tough, go buy from ASUS or somewhere else.

This is also teaching regular customers in future to not buy ANY gpu from EVGA until the Ti or Super variants come out, otherwise you will be stuck with what you got and have zero chance to upgrade. It's really really lacking in forethought.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:10:33 (permalink)
kram36

From Jacob:

Please see below message:
Update 10/4/2021
Hello,

In an effort to expedite those in queue who are still waiting for a EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series Card, and to be fair to all EVGA customers, we are making a running change:

1. Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card [of any sort] yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.
  2. Accounts that have already purchased an EVGA 30 series card in the queue system, will be behind those who have not.

Note: B-Stock (RX) or Step-Up 30 Series products will not affect queue positions.

We hope that this update will allow more gamers to get their hands on an EVGA GeForce RTX 30 series card. If there are any questions please contact our support at sales@evga.com.

Thanks
EVGA
post edited by Nereus - 2021/10/05 08:16:52

rblaes_99
FTW Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:11:23 (permalink)
Nereus
rblaes_99
Nereus
rblaes_99

Agreed. Many people are requesting not making it retroactive, or as a compromise, putting the restriction on like-model cards only (if you own a 3080 card already, you get lower priority for any additional 3080 models, but are good for 3090, 3070, 3060 etc.), but there's nothing but crickets from EVGA. It seems they have decided that this is how it will be, and if you don't like it, you can go fornicate yourself. I'm sure the scalpers don't mind at all, but regular customers.. tough, go buy from ASUS or somewhere else.

This is also teaching regular customers in future to not buy ANY gpu from EVGA until the Ti or Super variants come out, otherwise you will be stuck with what you got and have zero chance to upgrade. It's really really lacking in forethought.

the spin the wheel discount for new elite scalpers is still mind blowing for me.  what are they thinking?  absolutely no love for long time regulars at all.  

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:12:00 (permalink)
Nereus
kram36

From Jacob:

Update 10/4/2021
Hello,

In an effort to expedite those in queue who are still waiting for a EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series Card, and to be fair to all EVGA customers, we are making a running change:

1. Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.
  2. Accounts that have already purchased an EVGA 30 series card in the queue system, will be behind those who have not.

Note: B-Stock (RX) or Step-Up 30 Series products will not affect queue positions.

We hope that this update will allow more gamers to get their hands on an EVGA GeForce RTX 30 series card. If there are any questions please contact our support at sales@evga.com.

Thanks
EVGA

Where did you get that from?
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:14:36 (permalink)
kram36

Update 10/4/2021
  1. Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.
Note: B-Stock (RX) or Step-Up 30 Series products will not affect queue positions.

We hope that this update will allow more gamers to get their hands on an EVGA GeForce RTX 30 series card. If there are any questions please contact our support at sales@evga.com.
Thanks
EVGA

kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:15:04 (permalink)
kram36
Nereus
kram36

From Jacob:

Update 10/4/2021
Hello,

1. Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.

Thanks
EVGA

https://forums.evga.com/N...-Process-m3108092.aspx
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:19:36 (permalink)
kevinc313
kram36
Nereus
kram36

From Jacob:

Update 10/4/2021
Hello,

Thanks
EVGA

https://forums.evga.com/N...-Process-m3108092.aspx

Well that is completely opposite of what the pole results are showing. I always wondered how damn dumb is EVGA? Now I know.
paytong24
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:19:45 (permalink)
I haven't posted anything before, but I have to post regarding this.

I once bought RTX 3060 XC from EVGA as it was the easiest one to get to at least turn on the pc and have something good enough to run games.
But is it the one I truly wanted? definitely no.

I am using 2K 240Hz monitor. Do you think the 3060 will run just fine at this resolution and frame rate for most games, huh EVGA?

At this point I am glad to take the 3090 FTW3 Ultra for $2000 because I know I will never have a chance to buy 3080 from the queue or even the 3080 Ti as elite and early members would get it first.

I would say scalpers and miners were very eager to create new fake accounts and sign up for queues starting from FEB (when the shortages began getting worse) which is the current position for 3090 FTW3 Ultra queue. And now the queue is being moved to satisfy those fake accounts first which is very unfortunate.

I honestly think this change will most of the time be beneficial to scalpers and miners rather than gamers as the queue position approches 2021 which is the begining of crypto mining hype.
post edited by paytong24 - 2021/10/05 08:37:37
Mattye
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:35:20 (permalink)
You guys have a history of making very bad decisions. Many of us purchased cards that we did not want because we have no clue when the card we have been waiting for since launch day will be available.  Now we are pushed to the back of the line because we panic bought.

Great job guys, its like the blind leading the blind.
liud21
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 360
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 08:37:11 (permalink)
Scalpers don't want the 3080Ti or the 3090s, they want the evga's 3080s, 3070, and 3060s. Those series give a higher profit in resales, compared to the Tis and 90s. Scalpers also ruined Advanced RMA..
bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 09:10:47 (permalink)
Nereus
jetset3312
This is a weird move but I already got the most out of the previous queue system. I already hooked up three friends that direly want a 3080Ti and all of them are enjoying them as we speak.

I'm just wondering how this will speed up the process of getting those K|NGP|N cards. I really want a K|NGP|N hydrocopper and X570 Dark as part of my next build.

If you have already purchased ANY type of 3000 series GPU on your account, then your chances of getting a 3090 KingPin card are now absolutely ZERO - unless of course you can score one through EBay, but expect to pay $5k+, possibly have no warranty, and maybe get scammed in the process.

The scalper prices for Kingpin cards have been $2999-$3300 for awhile now, not $5K.

evga1081
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 09:17:39 (permalink)
liud21
Scalpers don't want the 3080Ti or the 3090s, they want the evga's 3080s, 3070, and 3060s. Those series give a higher profit in resales, compared to the Tis and 90s. Scalpers also ruined Advanced RMA..

This isn't true. In my search for finding a reasonably priced card, seeing 3080 TI's going for closer to 2k and 3090's going for 3k. The scalper/bot discords are insane and should prompt industry change.

A big thank you to EVGA for making sensible changes. I understand those with existing card purchases may be upset, but frankly it's a rationing situation.
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 09:19:22 (permalink)
kram36
Well that is completely opposite of what the pole results are showing. I always wondered how damn dumb is EVGA? Now I know.

How smart do you have to be to distribute some GPU's and PSU's?  Clearly not that.

Anyone doing serious computer work is doing it in enterprise/server/infrastructure/banking/defense/aerospace/cyber.  Not hocking overpriced toys to yuppie weebos.

EVGA doesn't even sell a workstation graphics card.  
post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/05 09:23:27
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 09:20:20 (permalink)
bavor
Nereus
jetset3312
This is a weird move but I already got the most out of the previous queue system. I already hooked up three friends that direly want a 3080Ti and all of them are enjoying them as we speak.

I'm just wondering how this will speed up the process of getting those K|NGP|N cards. I really want a K|NGP|N hydrocopper and X570 Dark as part of my next build.

If you have already purchased ANY type of 3000 series GPU on your account, then your chances of getting a 3090 KingPin card are now absolutely ZERO - unless of course you can score one through EBay, but expect to pay $5k+, possibly have no warranty, and maybe get scammed in the process.

The scalper prices for Kingpin cards have been $2999-$3300 for awhile now, not $5K.

There are multiple for $4,999 right now lol, but yes, some as low as $3,300.

Silvia511
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 09:23:52 (permalink)
evga1081
liud21

This isn't true. In my search for finding a reasonably priced card, seeing 3080 TI's going for closer to 2k and 3090's going for 3k. The scalper/bot discords are insane and should prompt industry change.

A big thank you to EVGA for making sensible changes. I understand those with existing card purchases may be upset, but frankly it's a rationing situation.

I'm looking at your ID and thinking are there at least 1080+ other "evgaXXXX" 100 posts elite accounts in the wild
post edited by Silvia511 - 2021/10/05 09:48:32
evga1081
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 10:03:44 (permalink)
Silvia511
evga1081
liud21

I'm looking at your ID and thinking are there at least 1080+ other "evgaXXXX" 100 posts elite accounts in the wild

Just as there are 510+ Silvia accounts? I get that you're upset about the change, but there is no rational reason to attack me for supporting what is frankly a "just" decision by a corporate entity to provide fair opportunity to its consumers.

Edit: Considering your account was made today... lol
post edited by evga1081 - 2021/10/05 10:05:54
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 10:09:50 (permalink)
evga1081
Just as there are 510+ Silvia accounts? I get that you're upset about the change, but there is no rational reason to attack me for supporting what is frankly a "just" decision by a corporate entity to provide fair opportunity to its consumers.

You're not fooling anyone buddy, we can all see your post count and post history.
evga1081
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 10:17:46 (permalink)
kevinc313
evga1081

You're not fooling anyone buddy, we can all see your post count and post history.

Please, elaborate on what I am specifically doing.
evgafan#x
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 153
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 10:56:13 (permalink)
So how does this change affect elite queue's and regular queues? Are they still going to prioritize elite over regular queue because if not what is the point of elite? I got 2 3080 hc left I'm queued for (was planning on buying whichever notify came first and dropping the second notify) and that is kind of messed up if normal queues get bumped ahead of elite queues... I'm fine with them prioritizing legit people getting gpus that havent got one but still honoring elite vs normal. It probably wont affect the hydrocoppers too much as they are not as desired. Just a relevant question that needs answering as Jacob's explanation was vague at best.

12G-P5-3953-KR 6/30/2021 6:32:05 AM PT Yes
08G-P5-3783-KL 6/30/2021 6:12:01 AM PT Yes
10G-P5-3899-KR 6/23/2021 6:00:46 AM PT Yes
08G-P5-3785-KL 6/15/2021 9:29:30 AM PT Yes
08G-P5-3797-KL 6/10/2021 6:49:14 AM PT Yes
wardvader
  • Total Posts : 39
Re: EVGA Queue System Feedback! 2021/10/05 11:03:35 (permalink)
evgafan#x
So how does this change affect elite queue's and regular queues? Are they still going to prioritize elite over regular queue because if not what is the point of elite? I got 2 3080 hc left I'm queued for (was planning on buying whichever notify came first and dropping the second notify) and that is kind of messed up if normal queues get bumped ahead of elite queues... I'm fine with them prioritizing legit people getting gpus that havent got one but still honoring elite vs normal. It probably wont affect the hydrocoppers too much as they are not as desired. Just a relevant question that needs answering as Jacob's explanation was vague at best.

This 100 percent
Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 14 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile