Helpful ReplyTitan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 9
Author
Dave3d
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 720
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/20 16:51:26 (permalink)
Well, so far so good (except that GTA V hang).
Played with my buddies (3 of us) in Vermintide, in Wildlands, and we are probably going to be playing The Crew a little later tonight.
If it does good in that game, I know that it was the PSU (well, I know it anyway, because there have not been any crashes in a couple days, and I only ever got maybe 1 day a week it didnt crash with the evga psu).

But, what do you all think about RMA'ing the video card now?
Could the voltages being low like that have  hurt the video card at all?
Could the crashes have hurt the card?
Could the rebooting have hurt the card?
In other words, do you think I should rma the card still (I already have the rma approval) or do you think the card didnt take any damage from the low voltages and crashes and reboots and I should keep the vid card anyway? (remember, I still have the fan on at 100% with this card).

Thanks.
post edited by Dave3d - 2017/10/20 16:55:06

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/20 17:02:49 (permalink)
Low voltage could have worn the card a bit. I'd just keep the card since it's working fine at this time.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/20 17:55:03 (permalink)
Well, its not 'working fine', heh. Its NOT crashing, which is good. But....
It works good when I have the fan at 100% all the time.
But, if I DONT have the fan on 100% of the time, I get the 'game slows down and mouse and kb clicks dont seem to work right' issue, where the frames drop a lot more than they should also.
And, even with the fan on 100% of the time, I am getting weird results with 3dmark and Heaven benchmark, where the card sometimes stays at base clocks, and sometimes ramps up to boost clocks. If its the same exact benchmark, shouldnt it be doing boost all the time? Its running the same 20 loops. Its the same benchmark, at the same resolutions.

This is why I was thinking about rma'ing it anyway, but didnt know it that voltage stuff could have caused the card some issues or not. But, since you say it 'can' cause issues, I think its better safe than sorry. 
Thanks again Sajin!

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/20 18:14:37 (permalink)
If the application isn't stressful enough the card won't fully boost. Kboost resolves that issue.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/20 18:18:13 (permalink)
Again.
The EXACT same benchmark (heck, I didnt even close the benchmark app, I just ran it a few times. Also, 2 benchmark apps did this boost 1 time didnt boost the other time, not just 1: Unigine Heaven and 3dMark).
The EXACT same settings.
Sometimes it boosts, sometimes it doesnt.

But, thanks again.

Dr.Death
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/21 06:19:17 (permalink)
''And EVERY other video card I have put in this system has been super good, not a single issue.''

ya, but  like you can see when the 900 series / Maxwell 2  came out a lot of boards did not take to them   like look at z68 and gxt 970  not working out unless the boards vender released a new  or updated bios that supported these cards  and some did not get any support at all ??  MSI cards seemed to work out the best and evga the worse  in these instances.   so ya , maybe any older or maybe the newer series maybe working fine  but it did seem like the 900 / maxwell2  did have some compatibility issues

I tried to google around anyone else with your board and all with a maxwell2 titan to see if any like reports ,  don't see any standing out ??

I hate to keep bashing asus   but with my sabertooths   [for example sake]   after 18 bios for ''improve system stability ''   and still never stable  no matter what parts I swapped ouitn to make it  ?????

no I see asus with all then bios's  on there boards one right behind the outer  makes me wonder how stale there boards are to start with  ??  my buddy who was a true blue asus boy   anit using asus anymore after we started to see the light on that from our sabertooths  ..

anyway   
have you tried hwinfo64 instead of hwmonitor ?     it gives far better monitoring  or better coverages of whats monitored  / more detailed

https://www.hwinfo.com/

on my board hwmonitor did not even show as much as hwinfo64 does    hwinfo64  seems a lot more complete   [opinion]

in the end it maybe just they don't want to get along  - unless you get aother brand of titan like from MSI to try and see how it behaves   or use your titan in another strong  compatable gaming rig to see if the same behavior occurs in it as well ?

you got to remember  compatibility and support has taken a back seat to  hype and gimmicks   like how LED lighting is now a strong selling point.    plug and plat hardware is more and more becoming a thing of the past    , look how much you lose from a 900 card to a 10 series  its to the point upgrading hurts / costs me far more then it helps  anymore . I don't replace anything unless I just have to  like it 100% dead [ lol.. ]  and to be honest  when I took the chance on this 900 card I got  I kept all my fingers crossed it was going to ''fully'' work out  , I had some doubts   like with that bios thing I said above and  software compatibility  [ XP , vista , Linux  , 7 still fully used here  and the cards driver support ]   see that's one of the things where a 10 series can hurt me good .  next is no native analog support  with no dvi-I  . 

you have to come to a point when your tired of the struggle  with that titan  and just shrug your sholders and scratch your head on it and move on to something that does work as intended and expected  . I had a AMD card that went like 2 weeks and it was gone  . pretty much seen its junk and it was gone  , it sucks but thats some times life .  well all get the lemon once in a while

I would also grab some older drivers  like I keep saying I still use the 355.82 driver for this 900 card  - so far only one game I have  I got to change it out for  [bf bad company 2 ]   its just bad news under it  ..    funny how the next older driver that game works great and runs with out lagging and all and jacks the card to its full boost clocks  with 355.82 it dont and can crash the game as well and so on .  so you may need to experiment with some drivers to see if one may pull it out and not be as great of issues  ?
seemed like the latest NVidia driver some guys reported issues under it like trd  , card no longer recognized, ect...  

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1026086/geforce-drivers/official-387-92-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-10-9-17-/27/

good luck 

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/21 19:23:28 (permalink)
I have used Asus mobo's for ever now.
Only 2 mobo's I ever had go bad were an MSI mobo and a (what was that green slots maker? I had their mobo in the for free section. Had 2 of theirs go bad),
Never had an asus go bad.
As for compatibility, I didnt buy the video card then half a year later buy the rest of the system. I bought them all when they were already out for about half a year akready, and all at once, and checked everything was compatible with everything else. No problems for the 1st 6 months. Ran like a dream. All of a sudden the video card started acting up.
Sorry, but yes, you ARE harping on Asus.
I have had more friends have to junk their MSI gear than any other manufacturer, ever. But, people in other countries have no issues with their mobo's.
In my country, I have had 0 issues with ANYTHING Asus made (except their non-creative sound card. Had tons of issues with that).
And, besides msi (#1 problems had), EVGA has been the 2nd company that I have the most issues with their gear (#2 problems had).
So, just because you have and your friends have had issues with asus doesnt mean others have.

And, yet again, for maybe the 400th time: I HAVE NO JOB, NO INCOME, NO MONEY, NO NOTHING. I AM DISABLED WITH NO INCOME SINCE 2015. I AM WAITING FOR A HEARING TO GET DISABILITY. I HAVE 0 INCOME. FOOD IS MORE DESIREABLE THAN A NEW COMPUTER. I can not go out and buy hardware just to see if it works with another mobo, or system. It was nice when I did have income, and could go buy another system every other year, but I cant. And just because you can, doesnt mean others can. And, if you are so rich, why not just get me a 1080ti and see if it will work in my system? That would be nice of you. Or, maybe one of those nice MSI mobo's you keep talking about? And some memory to go with it that will run in it? Oh, and a cooler too, since my cooller only fits up to 2011-v3 mobo's.
;)

Anyway, we seem to have isolated what the issue was, and guess what? It was an EVGA PSU!
Not Asus at all!

Anyway, 3 days no crashes proves its the evga psu.
Both will be sent out next week.
I hope they work well when I get them back.

post edited by Dave3d - 2017/10/21 19:26:14

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/22 01:23:10 (permalink)
My x79 Sabertooth is a fantastic MB as is all 5 of my Asus P9x79 ws/IPMI boards, my dual socket 1366 and dual 2011 boards.
My RampageIII is still running fine in my grand-daughters system I sent down to FL. for her.
My EVGA x79 Classidied the PCIE top slot works, the others work off and on when they feel like it.
Out or warranty, glad I only use one GPU in that system, would add another but it may or may not work.
The last couple years I had to send back at least 3 EVGA power supplies and one video card.
They gave me a RMA and sent it out right away, cust service is great.
But never had to send anything Asus back. Knock on wood, their cust service is not exactly #1.
I called their tech support, I was not impressed at all.

Glad you got it figured out, good luck with the new PSU.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Dr.Death
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/24 12:00:10 (permalink)

hate to come off as mean , but help me here

''And, yet again, for maybe the 400th time: I HAVE NO JOB, NO INCOME, NO MONEY, NO NOTHING. I AM DISABLED WITH NO INCOME SINCE 2015. I AM WAITING FOR A HEARING TO GET DISABILITY. I HAVE 0 INCOME. FOOD IS MORE DESIREABLE THAN A NEW COMPUTER.''

but got the cash for buying  this ?

I7 5930k watercooled-Asus Sabertooth X99-16GB memory-Titan X 12gb-HyperX Predator M.2 480GB-2560x1440@120hz-CM HAF-X, EVGA 1300W Gold PSU, Win 8.1

maybe not go above your means  and can afford replacement parts and food ??  like a gtx 970 and then have to but a replacement card  is still way cheaper on a guy then one titan was  . and got cash left over for food .

then I guess with that you also got no friends to have come over or you go over to them with the card and all with there rig  and test things on a Saturday or something ??? 

I sure do hope the best and the PSU is the blame on your rma of it

''Sorry, but yes, you ARE harping on Asus.'' 

well cant say anything good with my ''LAST'' 3 asus's   [high on hype low on quality  . not the asus I grew up with that's for sure  ]

sorry and good luck 

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/24 16:52:30 (permalink)
Dr.Death

hate to come off as mean , but help me here

''And, yet again, for maybe the 400th time: I HAVE NO JOB, NO INCOME, NO MONEY, NO NOTHING. I AM DISABLED WITH NO INCOME SINCE 2015. I AM WAITING FOR A HEARING TO GET DISABILITY. I HAVE 0 INCOME. FOOD IS MORE DESIREABLE THAN A NEW COMPUTER.''
but got the cash for buying  this ?

I7 5930k watercooled-Asus Sabertooth X99-16GB memory-Titan X 12gb-HyperX Predator M.2 480GB-2560x1440@120hz-CM HAF-X, EVGA 1300W Gold PSU, Win 8.1

maybe not go above your means  and can afford replacement parts and food ??  like a gtx 970 and then have to but a replacement card  is still way cheaper on a guy then one titan was  . and got cash left over for food .
then I guess with that you also got no friends to have come over or you go over to them with the card and all with there rig  and test things on a Saturday or something ??? 
I sure do hope the best and the PSU is the blame on your rma of it
''Sorry, but yes, you ARE harping on Asus.'' 
well cant say anything good with my ''LAST'' 3 asus's   [high on hype low on quality  . not the asus I grew up with that's for sure  ]
sorry and good luck 

I got the  machine 6 months before I got laid off.
So, yeah.
And, no, I dont have any friends to come over.
All my friends are in another state. I had moved to a new state, and got disabled a few years after moving there.
And, my wife is disabled also.
Anybody we have to ask to help us with stuff we usually have to pay, unless my brother is near our area.

And, yes, Assus is not what it used to be, but it is still better than anybody else out there. In the USA anyway.
I still wish Abit was around. THAT was an excellent company, on quality and service. EVGA HAD been that way, up until this titan x card(s) anyway. I only had the past to go on, and that was 2 evga mobo's (which unfortunately I had to get my money back, since the boards never worked) and their video cards, which have been excellent up to now (I have probably 4 of their video cards now, going back to 8800gt's), and I even bought one of thier 'B' stock (refurb) video cards that has been excellent and still is (my GTX780 is the refurb evga one I keep having to switch in and out every time I have to send the titan x in).

And sorry, I wasnt trying to be mean either.
Its just that this whole titan x cards have been the bane of my evga experience.
:(

EDIT:
Oh, and I had my job for 14 years.
And the job before that I had for 8 years.
So, I have never been disabled before, I am not a slouch, or sloth, or lazy, or anything like that.
post edited by Dave3d - 2017/10/24 17:30:36

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/26 22:26:04 (permalink)
OK.
More progress.
This card benches lower than the other 2 did. No doubt.
AND it probably got low and high voltage spikes with the bad psu (a couple months worth anyway. and it used to crash as much as 3-4 times a day).
I found a thread about the "EVGA OC Scanner X" program, and ran that. It didnt do much, the futurmark and unigen engine did way more. Then I used the Furry E 3072 setting, and it made both the memory and gpu run at 98-100% (although they did NOT replicate total memory used, and 100% at once, eityher one was 100% and the other 98% or the other way around).
But, at least it DID let me know that the system isnt crashing, that it really was the evga psu.
I am going to rma them both (spoke to a rep today to make sure I have everything right, and can do it when I can get a ride on the 9th of next month), just in case the video card suffered from low and probably high voltages and spikes.
This current card runs MUCH slower in benchmarks, and dips wildly low in games (but weirdly has better HIGHER fps counts than the other cards had, how does that work?), but in the end it isnt as stable FPS and Benchmarks wise as the 1st 2 cards were.
I am going to rma the video card along with the psu.

So, thank you everyone that helped, didnt help, commented, and suffered through this with me (Especially Sajin and that VERY nice (He was very nice and cordial) EVGA rep that said it 'could' be my psu going out).
Dave3d

And, another question, for anyone that has rma'ed the EVGA psu's before:
Did you include the evga cables with the rma? The sata, 4-pin molex, 24 pin power, etc, cables?
The tech on the phone today said NOT to send them in with the psu, but I am like 'what if they dont give me the same psu back? What if the cables are bad? Wouldnt they test both the psu AND the cables? If the psu cant get fixed, and they send another different psu because they dont have the one I have (long ashot, since I still see them for sale at other shops, but NOT on EVGA site?), wouldnt they want the cables that go with that psu? (I know corsair psu cables are NOT compatible with other corsair psu's, as they tend to use different manufacterers and have the cables wired differently in some psu's (I have a cable bag, and it says Do Not Use these cable with ANY other corsair psu).
Just wondering.
Thanks again.
post edited by Dave3d - 2017/10/26 22:35:28

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11105
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/26 22:42:15 (permalink)
Keep everything, keep all cables, just send in the PSU by itself.
Good luck with the new hardware.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/10/27 11:36:15 (permalink)
Thanks Bill.

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/03 17:46:37 (permalink)
Woo
They got the psu and vid card today.
PLEASE GOD, let me get a good video card back!

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/05 12:22:12 (permalink)
Ummm, I have a question (I have to wait til tomorrow for a rep to answer):
I talked to an evga rep before sending both items in 1 single box, and he said to write both rma's on the outside of the box and to include the rma email for both items and put them in the box.
I did all that, and I got asn email saying they got the psu (I used the psu pre-paid label to deliver both items in the same box), and it says my psu is being looked at.
Ummmm, they should see that there are 2 items, and 2 seperate rma numbers on the box, and the 2 seperate rma printouts in the box, right?
So, do they just send the single notification for both, since I only used the 1 prepaid label, and they really know there is a psu and a video card to be rma's?
I know I am being a little 'paranoid', but NOT getting my video card back (a good one I pray), and only getting the psu back would be seriously bad (understatement).
Thanks.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/05 12:57:31 (permalink)
Don't sweat it yet. I'm sure they are checking both items.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 14:18:12 (permalink)
Yeah, they said they got both the psu and the video card.
The video card is supposed to be here today some time (super fast turnaround time, as they just recieved them on friday), so I need to get some help putting it in.

What do you think I should do:
Just put the card in, and see if it works alright first?
OR
Put the water cooling on it while it is out of the machine, then put it in the computer and test it?

I think I should test it just with the stock cooler 1st, to make sure its not making my machine crash, or games crash, or anything like that, then put the watercooling on it. But, that will mean I need help, or will be hurting bad 2 times instead of just 1 time, putting the card in. :(

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 14:20:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dave3d 2017/11/07 14:47:17
Stock cooler first.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 14:48:57 (permalink)
Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

Also, the 1300w gold G2 series now has a switch on it that has economy and regular!?!?
I hope I dont get one of those back.
Green psu's are the worst, switch or not.

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 15:44:14 (permalink)
Well, it didnt come with any caps again, not even the pci-e rubber thingy I sent it back with, no caps for the hdmi/dp's, no cap for the sli (again, and I took mine off my gtx780 to put on that last titan x I sent in, poop on me for forgetting).
And, you can tell its been HEAVILY used, as the pci-e gold fingers are almost rubbed off from bottom to about 1/8 inch of the top (AND there are 2 scratches going across the pci-e gold connectors on the backside of the card, sigh), . One of the sli ones are also rubbed off a bit, but the very rear one is still new.
The serial number sticker is also kind of coming off.

But, at least it has a new (maybe?) heatink on it, so maybe new pads on it also?

Here is hoping that it makes a good connection, and I dont have to rma this one also (praying to GOD for real that this one will be a good card).

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 17:58:19 (permalink)
OK, so...
Put the card in, DP 1, black screen, no signal at all.
DP 3 works.

Also, when I put the card in, it went straight to the bios screen saying OC failed.
I am not OC'ing anything.
The system seems to have been put into XMP mode when I switched the GTX780 to the Titan X (I dont know if this happened because I had to blind shutdown the system because the DP 1 was not working, or if this crap piece of junk titan x piece of crap is just a pile of garbage. But, the system did not do this before, and I am getting sic and tired of the frickin stupid crap titans I am being given. Yes, you can tell this was someone elses titan, from all the wear on the gold pci-e fingers and sli fingers).

So, I am going to try playing with it tonight, and if it resets the system again, or crashes my games, I am going to frickin lose it.
This is ridiculous, when a fricking gtx780 works perfectly fine, and a titan cant even boot correctly.
I am sorry, but not that much, because I am super frickin frustrated right now.

EDIT:
Frickin opened Ghost Recon Wildlands (DIDNT EVEN PLAY IT! JUST THE LITTLE INTRO SCENE PLAYING!!!), all of a sudden there is a smell of burning electronics.
Sure enough, go to the back of the case, and the smell is coming from the video card.
Piece of crap, EVGA wasting my frickin time and my bad back and neck. Frickin  tired of this nonsense.
Calling for an RMA tomorrow.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/11/08 10:53:56

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 19:27:03 (permalink)
Wow. Terrible luck. I would be asking to speak with a manager at this point.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 22:25:58 (permalink)
http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/dave3d_bc/library/titan4?sort=3&page=1&postlogin=true

Literally less than a minute in TESO.
183.2f in less than a minute of teso, just to get free pet today. (oh, and its 98f above more than half up the room high, the floor needs 2x socks and snow boots, as its ~27f outside and under the house. So, maybe 62 at floor level where the case is.
Plus all the other garbage above.
http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/dave3d_bc/media/titan4/4thtitangpuz_zpsa3uppaup.png.html?sort=3&o=0
What is that power limit?
Does that mean it can start throttling at down to 60c -28% (or, at 32c?).
Is that what that means? If so, that is crazy!

Sajin. what will speaking to a manager do? They just send the same garbage to me, that passes 'their' test.
PM me if it needs to be taken offline.
Thanks.
post edited by Dave3d - 2017/11/07 22:39:45

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/07 22:50:35 (permalink)
Power/temp limit = power target/temp target inside precision xoc. GPU-Z is just showing the adjustable range of the power/temp target sliders inside xoc.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/08 10:49:54 (permalink)
So, I called, and asked for a supervisor, or manager, and they just sent me to some phone answering machine.
The tech wanted to try to help me, and get me to send pics and stuff. They can see and test it when it gets back there (and next card I am going to video it when I open it up).
And my card was 'supposed to be flagged for extended testing'.
Yeah, we can see how much testing they actually do.
1 dead display port, gold splines almost worn through to the pcb, scratches across the back gold splines, sli worn out.
I can tell this was someone elses sli video card that they just slapped a new cooler on and sent out, (they probably just pull them off a shelf and ship them back to us).

I have NEVER, in all my builds (probably 20 since 1995), had ANY trouble, except for 1 psu that went out on me (it was an antec, and it 'exploded'. I dont use antec anymore, lol). And NEVER had to rma anything before, except for corsair 2000 headset that cracked after 2 months (widespread issue, that they fixed in mfr'ing, everyone had the same trouble), and 1 trio of G.Skill tri-channel memory (when ddr3 tri-channel 1st came out).
This experience has left me very very mad at evga. And, it takes a LOT to make me mad. But, 2 years of dealing with problems, troubleshooting, 4 video cards, buying water cooling that didnt work (didnt fix the issue), pci holder that doesnt work (didnt fix the issue), and now all I can smell is burnt electronics in my computer room (my window has an AC unit in it, so I cant just open the window to get rid of the smell).
I have never been treated so 'offhanded', no matter how nice the tech reps were (all but 1 was very nice to me). But, I mean by them giving me crap cards back, I feel that they just dont give a crap about me as a longtime customer nor as a longtime user/helper of these forums.

2 years of this crud, and I am beyond finished with evga.

I have at LEAST 4-5 evga video cards, right now in my computer room (and I have had more that I have sold, or given to friends), but if they dont make this right, then I'm done with evga, I will start using another mfr.

P.S.
Oh, yeah, I have my B-Stock GTX780 in, and not a single problem.
Not
a
single
problem
with
gtx780
post edited by Sajin - 2017/11/08 12:14:52

Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/08 12:11:20 (permalink)
Well, talked to a 'supposed' supervisor, and same crap:
We will send you another titan x.

I asked if they can send me a NEW Titan X, and he said they dont have any more.
So, that means I am getting nothing but refurbished titans, or someone elses broken junk (like in this case, and the last one).

Also, they just test with ocscanner, and if it passes that then it is deemed 'good', which is wrong, since the card that kept crashing on me passed ocscanner furry? ferry? super test w/o crashing, but crashed in games.

And, the same old 'well, if this next one doesnt work, then rma it also'. Which, I will be getting back already broken cards, just like I have been.
What a crock.
$1200.00 for a video card that lasted 6 months. (plus the $200 water cooling that didnt fix any issue).
Thanks EVGA.
Thanks for letting me spend $1400.00 for nothing but broken cards.

After this?
Never again.
Never.
You lost a LONG time EVGA customer, AND his friends money also, as I will tell them not to buy evga.
MSI it is then.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/11/08 12:16:18

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/08 12:16:43 (permalink)
Watch the language. Thanks.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/08 12:48:16 (permalink)
I dont care Sajin.
Sorry, its not meant to the forum mods, or even the techs, but to the EVGA bosses that wont make right something this wrong.
I am literally livid and appalled that something like this can happen.
AND that they wont make it right. Not that they wont make it right, they REFUSE to make it right.
I even asked for a 'comperable' card, and they still said no.
That is a flat out refusal.

They are sticking to their guns that ALL my other cards came back 'PERFECTLY FINE', because they passed ocscanner testing.
Well, guess what? The card that kept crashing passed the same furry? ferry? testing, but crashed when gaming.

Livid.
Thats all I can say.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/11/08 12:51:29

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/08 12:53:05 (permalink)
If you continue to use foul language I'll have to issue you a warning. After a warning has been issued you'll be eligible for a temp ban if you continue with your actions.
Dave3d
SSC Member
Re: Titan X not going pci-e 3.x anymore, 2nd card 2017/11/08 13:00:02 (permalink)
What did I say that was foul language in the last post?
I did not use any foul language at all.
Can you pm with what I said wrong please?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 9
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile