AnsweredEVGA.com 30 Series Queue System

Page: << < ..271272273274275.. > >> Showing page 274 of 2018
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18137
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:33:29 (permalink)

Scalpers aside, good luck to everyone waiting, I really hope to see continued ramping up of production this week. I'd love to see a HUGE production ramp up to the point where supply meets demand and all these scumbag scalpers are left holding the bag. Muahahaha..

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0 

divisionbell77
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:34:27 (permalink)
Nereus

divisionbell77
Nereus
divisionbell77
dragomirc
divisionbell77
idn't sell them for that price, third party sellers did.

LOL what's the difference?
It is ROTTEN EGG website, ROTTEN EGG account where money goes. 

Difference is massive.  If NewEgg is selling it, they make a gross profit.  If a third party is selling it, NewEgg gets 10 to 15% of the price it sells for. 

It's a win-win for Newegg, it's a win for the scalper, and it's a big LOSE for all us end users. Buying off these scumbags only encourages more to do the same, and makes availability of cards through legit sellers at legit prices that much harder to find. Buying off these scumbag scalpers is directly contributing to the problem that is frustrating you so much.

There is nothing wrong with someone making money legally, and what they are doping is perfectly legal.  They are in no way 'scum bags.'

You are correct on the fact this wouldn't be happening if people refused to pay the price.  I personally refuse to.  Ironically, dragomirc, the one complaining about third party sellers on NewEgg(and incorrectly assigning NewEgg the blame), is flat out saying he is going to buy from a third party seller at an inflated price.  He doesn't understand that he is in fact the problem then.

Newegg are enablers, so in that sense they are in part to blame. One could also say NVidia is partly to blame for creating this supply deficit.

True, scalping and the rule of supply and demand is legal (at least in this situation), but I one might consider it morally corrupt to directly contribute to the shortage in order to scalp the product.

Do you think NewEgg is sitting at a computer hitting F5 and the moment they see a third party seller listing a GPU over MSRP they collectively jump up and scream 'yes!'

3080 profits from third party sellers will end up being a faction of 1% of total revenue for the fiscal year.  This isn't even on their radar.
dragomirc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 761
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:34:43 (permalink)
divisionbell77

There is nothing wrong with someone making money legally, and what they are doping is perfectly legal.  They are in no way 'scum bags.'

You are correct on the fact this wouldn't be happening if people refused to pay the price.  I personally refuse to.  Ironically, dragomirc, the one complaining about third party sellers on NewEgg(and incorrectly assigning NewEgg the blame), is flat out saying he is going to buy from a third party seller at an inflated price.  He doesn't understand that he is in fact the problem then.

We are not talkin about legal stuff, but scum bag retailer attitude toward customers.
Please understand that  trade mark retailers should never support scumbag scalpers by doing dirty work for them for a crumbs.
And pointing me as a problem is wrong.
I have more money than time and already wasted enormous time looking for 3000 card. Want to stop that.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:38:09 (permalink)
divisionbell77
Nereus
divisionbell77
Nereus
divisionbell77
dragomirc
divisionbell77

Difference is massive.  If NewEgg is selling it, they make a gross profit.  If a third party is selling it, NewEgg gets 10 to 15% of the price it sells for. 

It's a win-win for Newegg, it's a win for the scalper, and it's a big LOSE for all us end users. Buying off these scumbags only encourages more to do the same, and makes availability of cards through legit sellers at legit prices that much harder to find. Buying off these scumbag scalpers is directly contributing to the problem that is frustrating you so much.

Newegg are enablers, so in that sense they are in part to blame. One could also say NVidia is partly to blame for creating this supply deficit.

True, scalping and the rule of supply and demand is legal (at least in this situation), but I one might consider it morally corrupt to directly contribute to the shortage in order to scalp the product.

Do you think NewEgg is sitting at a computer hitting F5 and the moment they see a third party seller listing a GPU over MSRP they collectively jump up and scream 'yes!'

3080 profits from third party sellers will end up being a faction of 1% of total revenue for the fiscal year.  This isn't even on their radar.

No you misunderstood - I called Newegg enablers because they offer a platform for scalpers to sell at ridiculously inflated prices. Same for EBay et al. Honestly, a bit of a markup I can understand, but when some of them are doubling and tripling prices.. nah, they can go get fornicated.

nickabughannam
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:39:10 (permalink)
Any idea yet when the 3080 XCS Black Gaming emails will start going out?
jermwhl
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:40:23 (permalink)
The market exists because people keep buying at these inflated prices.  Is it crappy for people to do this - buy up cards using unfair methods and resell them at double the MSRP?  No doubt, yes.  Absolutely a crappy thing to do.  However, they only do it because they know some other moron will buy it up immediately rather than wait.  Both sides have a reasonable argument, I think. 
If Nvidia or the AIBs wanted to stop this, there is methods (like what EVGA is doing) to slow the scalping.  Maybe not with 100% effectiveness, but some companies are definitely taking it more seriously than others.  At the end of the day, I think Nvidia is just loving this "problem".  
mnelson999
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:41:10 (permalink)
dragomirc
divisionbell77

The idea of the entire scalper situation is so very interesting to me.  I mean I think it totally sucks, but I'm wondering how the economics of the whole thing is even workable.  Like, what's keeping the scalping process from escalating out of control with pricing?  If keeping high demand product out of the reach of the average customer with an extortionate price is economical, can the price continue to rise?   Are these ebay "resellers" simply sitting on top of thousands of dollars worth of tech, just hoping that someone impatient will bite?

Anyway, I appreciate how evga is combatting this with the queue system.  I'm sitting here:
24G-P5-3987-KR 10/6/2020 1:42:13 PM PT No

I'm hopeful to get my email this week or next 

Started the latest build in 2015, and have been occasionally updating.
- Intel i7 6950x @ 4.4 Ghz
- Asus Rampage V Edition 10
- G.SKILL 64GB TridentZ
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
- EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
- Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q
- Creative Labs AE-9
- Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm
- Corsair HX1200i
johnmillerhusky
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:42:30 (permalink)
Does that drop include the rtx 3090 UCW Black GPU? Those have not started shipping out if I am not mistakened.
dragomirc
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:43:37 (permalink)
divisionbell77

If you do not like capitalism, I can recommend a few countries you may prefer living in.

If you missing a common sense, I can recommend a few  doctors that you may prefer to have check.
This is a vulgar, bottom side of capitalism so why equaling with all great side of capitalism.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:45:24 (permalink)
mnelson999
dragomirc
divisionbell77

The idea of the entire scalper situation is so very interesting to me.  I mean I think it totally sucks, but I'm wondering how the economics of the whole thing is even workable.  Like, what's keeping the scalping process from escalating out of control with pricing?  If keeping high demand product out of the reach of the average customer with an extortionate price is economical, can the price continue to rise?   Are these ebay "resellers" simply sitting on top of thousands of dollars worth of tech, just hoping that someone impatient will bite?

Anyway, I appreciate how evga is combatting this with the queue system.  I'm sitting here:
24G-P5-3987-KR 10/6/2020 1:42:13 PM PT No

I'm hopeful to get my email this week or next 

Google 'Adam Smith the invisible hand', that will answer your question.

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:45:47 (permalink)
divisionbell77
compared a graphics card to needing food and water.  The moment you make a list of your needs and wants, and a graphics card is under 'need' and not 'want', you need to reevaluate a lot of things.

If you do not like capitalism, I can recommend a few countries you may prefer living in.

Re needs and wants, speak for yourself. 

But you declared that there is nothing wrong with making money.  Speaking for myself (but I think it is truly held belief by more than just me on this tread), I am in favor of capitalism.  I am a capitalist.  But even in a capitalist society like the US, there are laws against usury and price gouging.  For the record, in the context of a gpu, I think both the scalper and his customer is in the wrong.  Let's agree to disagree.

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:50:28 (permalink)
nickabughannam

Pardon the moment of snark, but likely not until all of the other 3080s have been distributed.  

We have yet to see any distributed to the queue, despite the queue being announced weeks ago.  So, if you are dependent on the queue for securing your card, I would look at an alternative card (and frankly more than one) to register for (and preferrably one with "Ultra" in its name).  And I wouldn't stop hitting F5 at other etailers.  Sorry I don't have better news.   

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

ImperfectSoul47
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 06:58:25 (permalink)
enewt
nickabughannam

Pardon the moment of snark, but likely not until all of the other 3080s have been distributed.  

We have yet to see any distributed to the queue, despite the queue being announced weeks ago.  So, if you are dependent on the queue for securing your card, I would look at an alternative card (and frankly more than one) to register for (and preferrably one with "Ultra" in its name).  And I wouldn't stop hitting F5 at other etailers.  Sorry I don't have better news.   

Well, here's hoping they start going out this week...

If you have a Micro Center near you, you could try there...they are also doing a queue, but it's daily and you have to physically go to the store to enter the queue.
janinee
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:00:53 (permalink)
The start of another week full of possibilities for copious drops...
Let's GOOOOOO! 

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:01:38 (permalink)
janinee
The start of another week full of possibilities for copious drops...
Let's GOOOOOO! 

This is the correct sentiment.  This should be our mantra!

Sticky622
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:12:46 (permalink)
I'm at like 290ish for a 3090 ftw ultra so i've got my fingers crossed on a good number of drops this week 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:17:46 (permalink)
Sticky622
I'm at like 290ish for a 3090 ftw ultra so i've got my fingers crossed on a good number of drops this week 

Oooo yes you are close, less than 25 spots! If there's a decent sized batch this week, you'll be part of it for sure! When the time comes, don't forget to use an associate code when purchasing to get 5% off your card! - that's about $90, which will cover your shipping and maybe extended warranty (or a few beers to celebrate). You can find associate codes in the signature of many forum members. Good luck!

justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3086
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:18:22 (permalink)
Sticky622

If it's anything like last week you should be good to get one soon!

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
divisionbell77
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:29:28 (permalink)
dragomirc
divisionbell77

If you missing a common sense, I can recommend a few  doctors that you may prefer to have check.
This is a vulgar, bottom side of capitalism so why equaling with all great side of capitalism.

I don't come on here a lot, and post even less.  Really just check in to see if there was any movement in the queue.  One thing I constantly see when I check in here, is you personally attacking other posters.  Oddly, when you do, like saying 'common sense,' you do so with improperly formed sentences.

Anyways, again, this 'vulgar, bottom side' only exists because people like you freely pay their inflated prices.  If you, and people like you, refused to pay inflated prices, then the prices would go down.  It's that simple.
johnlilley
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:41:07 (permalink)
quick question, can european buyers (uk) use associate codes from those posted on here to get a 5% discount. god only knows when i will be able to get one  08G-P5-3767-KR ordered 30/10. As previously stated may cover the postage
justin_43
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3086
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 07:43:26 (permalink)
johnlilley
quick question, can european buyers (uk) use associate codes from those posted on here to get a 5% discount. god only knows when i will be able to get one  08G-P5-3767-KR ordered 30/10. As previously stated may cover the postage

Unfortunately not.

From the Associates page:
You must reside in or be located in a country or state eligible to purchase products from www.EVGA.com ("EVGA.com Store").
  • Continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada

EDIT: Actually that could be wrong. It's really not clear. That is only under the eligibility to become an associate and not under the buyers section.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try. Just click on a banner any time before you buy.

post edited by justin_43 - 2020/11/09 07:58:17

ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC • Intel Core i7 12700K • MSI Z690 Edge WiFi • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z • EVGA 1600T2 PSU
3x 2TB Samsung 980 Pros in RAID 0 • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro • 2x WD 2TB Blacks in RAID 0 • Lian-Li PC-D600WB
EK Quantum Velocity • EK Quantum Vector² • EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 • 2x Alphacool 420mm Rads
LG CX 48" • 2x Wasabi Mango UHD430s 43" • HP LP3065 30" • Ducky Shine 7 Blackout • Logitech MX Master
Sennheiser HD660S w/ XLR • Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD • Drop + THX AAA 789 • DarkVoice 336SE OTL
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:01:40 (permalink)
Nereus
Tato75
Tried 10 times.... i fullfilled the form without any error but no row has been added in the files...
10G-P5-3897-KR             11/3/2020 11:40:36 PM PT        No        
10G-P5-3895-KR             11/3/2020 11:39:39 PM PT        No        
10G-P5-3885-KR             10/29/2020 7:10:13 AM PT        No        
10G-P5-3883-KR             10/29/2020 7:09:10 AM PT        No        
10G-P5-3881-KR             10/20/2020 3:12:57 PM PT        No

Yeah it's frustrating, I don't know what's going on there. Unfortunately we don't have access to add you now. Were you logged in to your Google account at the time? If not, try that.

I also removed some of my other notify times through the form since I've canceled the requests on EVGA (my 3090 card is on the way), but I still show as active on the speadsheets for those cards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:10:28 (permalink)
justin_43
johnlilley

Unfortunately not.

From the Associates page:
You must reside in or be located in a country or state eligible to purchase products from www.EVGA.com ("EVGA.com Store").
  • Continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada
EDIT: Actually that could be wrong. It's really not clear. That is only under the eligibility to become an associate and not under the buyers section.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try. Just click on a banner any time before you buy.

I think that is correct and it doesn't hurt to try the code.  But if you are in the UK and EU, I would make sure you are on the http://eu.evga.com website and not www.evga.com for purposes of successfully completing purchases.  Best of luck!

robotsir
  • Total Posts : 71
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:11:01 (permalink)
Does anyone have news on 3090 xc3 ultra? That's the one I want but I think I am close in the queue to get a fw3 ultra.

dragomirc
SSC Member
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:12:40 (permalink)
divisionbell77

I don't come on here a lot, and post even less.  Really just check in to see if there was any movement in the queue.  One thing I constantly see when I check in here, is you personally attacking other posters.  Oddly, when you do, like saying 'common sense,' you do so with improperly formed sentences.

Anyways, again, this 'vulgar, bottom side' only exists because people like you freely pay their inflated prices.  If you, and people like you, refused to pay inflated prices, then the prices would go down.  It's that simple.

Presenting numeric facts and my personal view (including improperly formed sentences) is not an insult or attack.
If you read as it says, would notice that I am thinking/planning to buy overpriced card (as unable to buy on regular price).
See, possible intention is not same as finished act.
So how can I be the problem when scalping is blooming from day one  (without my will or influence)

Meanwhile, in the name of capitalism you fiercely defending dirty retailer switch to the scalpers as source of revenue.
Same as retailers and scalpers have right to inflate prices, I have right to spend or not spend my money, and that is a capitalism.
From now I will not spend my money to ROTTEN EGG and Best Buy (no cards in stores and online 10 seconds a week)

EVGA and Micro Center are so far the best retailers, honest to all customers, and transparent in inventory availability.
I will stop this discussion from my side for now.
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:16:00 (permalink)
robotsir
Does anyone have news on 3090 xc3 ultra? That's the one I want but I think I am close in the queue to get a fw3 ultra.

This is the latest from Friday.
enewt
Card                               SKU                        Auto-Notify Date/Time                  AN Registrants Served  

Ultra
3090 FTW3 Ultra              3987                       10/05/2020 19:38:51                            273
3090 XC3 Ultra                3975                        9/24/2020 09:22:59                                 5 

The 3090 FTW3 Ultra is receiving a higher cadence of drops and seemingly decent volumes for each drop.  We haven't seen a decent sized 3090 XC3 Ultra drop for awhile.  

robotsir
  • Total Posts : 71
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:31:14 (permalink)
enewt
robotsir

This is the latest from Friday.
enewt
Card                               SKU                        Auto-Notify Date/Time                  AN Registrants Served  

Ultra
3090 FTW3 Ultra              3987                       10/05/2020 19:38:51                            273
3090 XC3 Ultra                3975                        9/24/2020 09:22:59                                 5 

The 3090 FTW3 Ultra is receiving a higher cadence of drops and seemingly decent volumes for each drop.  We haven't seen a decent sized 3090 XC3 Ultra drop for awhile.  

Thanks for the info

Stuunad
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:41:20 (permalink)
Probably need to stop arguing about capitalism and scalpers on this thread, it will just get locked again if it continues.
nomad47
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:48:32 (permalink)
UPS delivered my card today. So removing rest of my notifications. Good luck fellas on your hunt.
Now wait for the weekend begins, when the card will actually be in my hand

Ryzen R5 2600 on a B450 Tomahawk
Corsair 3000 Mhz 2 x 8GB
EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Black
Tons of aRGB in a H500P Mesh
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: New EVGA.com Notification Checkout Process 2020/11/09 08:50:15 (permalink)

Approaching 9am in CA (EVGA).. fingers crossed there's a big pile of new stock ready to go!

post edited by Nereus - 2020/11/09 08:52:28

Page: << < ..271272273274275.. > >> Showing page 274 of 2018
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile