Helpful ReplyEVGA layoffs

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
MasterMiner
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 713
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/19 18:06:18 (permalink)
Very unfortunate to hear this. The super flower / evga 1600 T2 is literally the best PSU money can buy. That it uses analog circuits to achieve its greatness is even more amazing. You can tell immediately the difference in craftsmanship between a evga mobo and asus. For me not close. Asus spends its time producing flimsy boards with glittering rgb. Evga gives it customers no nonsense quality.

Stick with what you do best as pointed out by other posters: producing supremely high quality pcbs (mobo’s and cards) and power supplies. Forget about the rest.

The only exception would be if evga picked up the caselabs brand and restarted that manufactured excellence again...

I used to mine. Now I compute.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/19 18:19:15 (permalink)
EnochRoot
With EVGA being Intel exclusive, the next year(s) will be a horror show on the motherboard side.  They still have time on the gpu side.  But that past corporate slight, whatever it was, between AMD and EVGA's management, is really going to nail them to a wall before long.  I'm very sorry for all the people that were let go.  I loved your commitment to US support.  But I have the feeling that the people canned got out easy. 

What's coming next with the Ryzen 2/3/4 rollout is going to hurt much worse.  I would personally focus on gpu's and psu's, and maybe that one motherboard everyone uses to eek out the last bit of performance from the 9900k.  And if you have a board of directors, or anyone sane at the helm, now would be the time for a Mea Culpa with AMD so you can at least get X590/B550/future schematics.  Although it may be too late already.  Again, I'm very sorry for all of you guys.  There or not.  You did a great job with what you had.  I appreciate it, but I've moved on from Intel/Nvidia for future purchases.  I wish you all the best in the future.  I hope EVGA can pull through and rebuild.  Take care.

While AMD are looking to become extremely competitive in the upcoming CPU market vs Intel (particularly in pricing), I can't say the same for the GPU market vs NVidia. My viewpoint is from high performance.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/19 20:09:20 (permalink)
Nereus
EnochRoot
With EVGA being Intel exclusive, the next year(s) will be a horror show on the motherboard side.  They still have time on the gpu side.  But that past corporate slight, whatever it was, between AMD and EVGA's management, is really going to nail them to a wall before long.  I'm very sorry for all the people that were let go.  I loved your commitment to US support.  But I have the feeling that the people canned got out easy. 

What's coming next with the Ryzen 2/3/4 rollout is going to hurt much worse.  I would personally focus on gpu's and psu's, and maybe that one motherboard everyone uses to eek out the last bit of performance from the 9900k.  And if you have a board of directors, or anyone sane at the helm, now would be the time for a Mea Culpa with AMD so you can at least get X590/B550/future schematics.  Although it may be too late already.  Again, I'm very sorry for all of you guys.  There or not.  You did a great job with what you had.  I appreciate it, but I've moved on from Intel/Nvidia for future purchases.  I wish you all the best in the future.  I hope EVGA can pull through and rebuild.  Take care.

While AMD are looking to become extremely competitive in the upcoming CPU market vs Intel (particularly in pricing), I can't say the same for the GPU market vs NVidia. My viewpoint is from high performance.

At this point I think the next 5 years is going to be a mess in the GPU market. Intel isn't going to play around with AMD and Nvidia anymore, so it's going to stretch the market between 3 players -- where both AMD and Nvidia have been complacent in only having only really 2 real players in the last decade. That means less money to go around for everyone -- Nvidia included.
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/19 21:08:25 (permalink)
I was going to post a full scope of what is going on the only thing I will say at this point is Nvidia's pricing, and Andrew Han are at the root of EVGA's woes. 

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/20 17:48:14 (permalink)
donta1979
I was going to post a full scope of what is going on the only thing I will say at this point is Nvidia's pricing, and Andrew Han are at the root of EVGA's woes. 

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
TMatzelle60
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/22 06:05:53 (permalink)
Is EVGA going to go out of business?? :( I hope not
TMatzelle60
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 143
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/22 06:15:49 (permalink)
MasterMiner
Very unfortunate to hear this. The super flower / evga 1600 T2 is literally the best PSU money can buy. That it uses analog circuits to achieve its greatness is even more amazing. You can tell immediately the difference in craftsmanship between a evga mobo and asus. For me not close. Asus spends its time producing flimsy boards with glittering rgb. Evga gives it customers no nonsense quality.

Stick with what you do best as pointed out by other posters: producing supremely high quality pcbs (mobo’s and cards) and power supplies. Forget about the rest.

The only exception would be if evga picked up the caselabs brand and restarted that manufactured excellence again...

Holy crap if they would pick up Caselabs and make a Top line and Supreme line using there ideas it would be amazing

Hope this news isn't the downfall of EVGA
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA layoffs 2019/06/22 12:34:46 (permalink)
TMatzelle60
Is EVGA going to go out of business?? :( I hope not

Not at all.  They're doing just fine.  Just some online click bait as if companies don't lay off people all the time.  For all we know, it could have been a disgruntled laid off employee spreading this news around to create drama.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile