Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 45 of 56
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18966
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/11 15:56:17 (permalink)

Sorry I'm not a mind reader - I didn't know iamSneaky was a self-employed Network Engineer.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

KimbaWLion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 411
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/11 17:48:46 (permalink)
I don't know that either, but I merely wanted to point out that what make an hour vs. what you take home are 2 entirely different things.

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

comrade
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1316
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/11 19:08:27 (permalink)
Arguing with the lucky few who got an X79 board that actually works is pointless.  EVGA has made the decision to write off many of their X79 MB customers with an 'upgrade' deal that is just not worth it.  I'm sure they fully expect very few to actually go ahead and send them additional money for what MIGHT be a working X79 Dark MB.

I've taken to going on websites that sell EVGA X79 MB's and writing reviews about the problems that so many have had, and how EVGA has just written us all off.

Maybe it won't do any good, but it's all that's left for us 'unlucky' ones to do.  If EVGA won't stand behind their products anymore, perhaps we can persuade some others to save themselves a lot of trouble and expense.

I hate writing this considering the long list of EVGA items I have purchased in the last few years, and that almost all of them have been excellent until the Classified X79 I have now sitting, useless, in it's original box.  I was hoping to get what I paid for; a fully functional MB, but it appears that hope is dead!

Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi Amd sTRX4 ATX MB, AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G-P5-3988-KR, twin - 28" 3840 x 2160 Monitors, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, M2 NVME SSD for OS, 3x2 TB  Samsung 980 Pro SSD's for storage, Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD Drive, Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU, Win 11 Pro, Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case. EVGA Z20 Gaming Keyboard, Razer Orochi 2013 Mouse.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/11 19:35:22 (permalink)
comrade

Arguing with the lucky few who got an X79 board that actually works is pointless.  EVGA has made the decision to write off many of their X79 MB customers with an 'upgrade' deal that is just not worth it.  I'm sure they fully expect very few to actually go ahead and send them additional money for what MIGHT be a working X79 Dark MB.

I've taken to going on websites that sell EVGA X79 MB's and writing reviews about the problems that so many have had, and how EVGA has just written us all off.

Maybe it won't do any good, but it's all that's left for us 'unlucky' ones to do.  If EVGA won't stand behind their products anymore, perhaps we can persuade some others to save themselves a lot of trouble and expense.

I hate writing this considering the long list of EVGA items I have purchased in the last few years, and that almost all of them have been excellent until the Classified X79 I have now sitting, useless, in it's original box.  I was hoping to get what I paid for; a fully functional MB, but it appears that hope is dead!

Are you going to mention the offer EVGA has made for those who have boards not performing to their satisfaction, or are you just going to slam EVGA everywhere you post? Are you also going to mention the long list of EVGA items you have purchased in the last few years, and that almost all of them have been excellent until the Classified X79? Just wondering.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3444
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 04:54:51 (permalink)
comrade

@ Nereus
 What wasn't mentioned?
comrade
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 08:14:38 (permalink)
Nereus

Are you going to mention the offer EVGA has made for those who have boards not performing to their satisfaction, or are you just going to slam EVGA everywhere you post? Are you also going to mention the long list of EVGA items you have purchased in the last few years, and that almost all of them have been excellent until the Classified X79? Just wondering.

I did mention that most previous products had been quite good!  I also did mention the 'offer' from EVGA and explained how meaningless it is to 'offer' to 'upgrade' to a new board, (that might or might not work, no one knows yet), but with the condition that we send even more money so that we actually wind up paying more for the new board than others who never had the bad luck to buy an expensive but essentially worthless board previously.

EVGA has been a great company up until now.  The whole X79 MB line from them has been a disaster for many.  So bad, that many of us went out and bought boards from another manufacturer just so that we could have a fully functional MB.

To ask that EVGA make good on our original purchases without having to spend even more money and time getting the new board and rebuilding our computers doesn not seem unreasonable to me at all!  I paid top-dollar for what was supposed to have been a quality, fully working board.  Many of us didn't get one, even after multiple RMA's.

If you bought a car and found that when you got it home, it might or might not start on any given day, or that the brakes worked only some of the time and that the fancy radio you paid for didn't really work, and the car company kept tellling you to hunt on the internet for firmware updates and install them yourself on your own time, and it still might not work after that anyway..., well you just might want your money back!  And..., you just might think that company should actually supply you with another car that actually did what you paid for!  You might even get a bit upset when the company tells you that, "ok..., we admit there are problems with it, and we don't know how to fix it, but if you give us a few more thousand dollars..., we'll send you a new model that we're selling for less to people who didn't buy the problematic car.  How would you respond to that?

Think about it for a while!  You might even begin to understand a little bit of the frustration that those of us with non-functional motherboards are feeling!

Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi Amd sTRX4 ATX MB, AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G-P5-3988-KR, twin - 28" 3840 x 2160 Monitors, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, M2 NVME SSD for OS, 3x2 TB  Samsung 980 Pro SSD's for storage, Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD Drive, Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU, Win 11 Pro, Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case. EVGA Z20 Gaming Keyboard, Razer Orochi 2013 Mouse.
gokuboo
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 09:30:24 (permalink)
Essentially EVGA is doing a recall for the X79 with the step-up to the X79 Dark. They won't call it a recall though. Then their would be no question that we could get our money back. Regardless of what they call it, what they're doing is wrong when it comes to refunds.
awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 13:05:32 (permalink)
 I'm just looking forward to getting rid of the paperweight on my table. Since I could never sell it in good conscience.  Not sure what to do with the never used water blocks.  Probably couldn't give board and blocks away. Have pay to throw them out LOL.
chump7431
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3143
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 13:36:08 (permalink)
awalleyeguy

I'm just looking forward to getting rid of the paperweight on my table. Since I could never sell it in good conscience.  Not sure what to do with the never used water blocks.  Probably couldn't give board and blocks away. Have pay to throw them out LOL.

That is sad.

Build log +1
EVGA X79 DARK, 2 EVGA 780 Classified's, I7 4930K, Custom EK H2O, 16G 2133 GSkill Ram, Corsair AX1200, 900DubsD, Logitech G700-19-35 
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 16:02:30 (permalink)
awalleyeguy

comrade

@ Nereus
What wasn't mentioned?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant when you post on these external websites saying in reviews how bad EVGA is, did you mention all the positives you've experienced as well, or just solely go on a bashing spree? That's what I was asking.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 16:10:42 (permalink)

OMG why do people keep bringing up the cargument? It is not the same thing. LOL.

awalleyeguy

Oh yeah now that really does suck.. do those waterblocks fit any other board? Probably not. There are obviously some boards out there functioning perfectly well though, so I hope you can find a buyer amongst them.

I wonder how many of these boards EVGA actually sold? Clearly there are quite a lot of people here with issues, but I wonder what percentage of all the boards out there are experiencing problems? I am guessing thousands have been sold, but certainly there are not thousands having issues, or these forums would be far more flooded with complaints than they are at present. ..or maybe it's just that a lot of people don't use USB 3.0, which seems to be one of the bigger issues with these boards.

awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 18:21:17 (permalink)
 Well I purchased my original X79 FTW on release. Was expecting a great board based on my X58 boards.
 Upon installation I immediately realized there was some kind of issue with memory settings. Got all that figured out.( got memory running at 2133 fairly easily) Thought well that is something that will be addressed in a bios update, no biggie. Did not have USB3 issues. USB power surge issues fixed by increasing vccsa voltage. But the board would just shut off. So I figured PSU? Over clock settings? So first I tried no overclock and boards default memory settings(1333) No, still shuts off with no pattern. So I try a different PSU, nope that wasn't it. I RMA the board. Replacement board would not allow me to do anything but post. Seemed to be a common issue at the time. Evga was sending bios chips out to people with that issue. For me though they next day another board cross ship style. In the mean time being fed up with a X79 board with issues I purchased another brand. Which BTW still works great. So some time goes by before I do anything besides see if I can load OS on the replacement Evga sent me. (which it did) I box it up and do nothing with it for quite some time. That was when Gigabyte had voltage regulation problems and perhaps others also. So I thought hmm I wonder if the issue I had with the first board was overheating vreg (I thought that at the time to) Because I was happy with the RIVE I call Evga and tell them I don't want this board any longer(had been 2or 3 months) What ever tech I talked couldn't believe I had done just about nothing with the board for so long. He told me I could not return the board I was more than willing to eat a restocking fee.                                                                                                                                                                                            So anyway I decide to finally put together the Evga X79 rig again. That was when Evga released water blocks for the X79 boards. I buy some. I never installed them.
 So I get rig all put together. No overclock on anything. All default Install OS, drivers etc. All seemed good. Then I started getting at random USB power surge messages. Increasing vccsa did not fix this time. Updated bios asmedia FW etc. sometimes would go days and be fine other times only 5 minutes or less. I think fine I can deal with that I guess.
 So I get some GTX 680's all is fine. There was a lot of talk about PCIE3 and X79. My understanding always has been, despite what some other forum members will say, is that the Intel did not support this because of lack of hardware to test with at the time.
But PCIE3 worked on my other boards with the nvidia gen 3 hack.  
 Oh boy, tried that on the Evga X79. What a nightmare. Never have I seen so many bad, strange things. Was like I had the worst malware and virus's there ever was. Just insane. 
 Thats when I took the board down and boxed it up. That is when I knew there is a serious problem here. Long before Evga admitted that these boards have a hardware issue that can not be fixed. 
 I didn't box the board up because gen didn't work. I boxed it up because of how insane the problems with my FTW became simply by enabling gen3 in bios. Seemed pointless to RMA because even though the box says GEN3 ready. I believe 1. Evga would/did say to others it's not the board it's the CPU, and2. Intel would/did say it's Nvidia blah blah....
 I did'nt even have to have drivers or OS installed only enable GEN3 in bios.
 So anyway the reason I put all this here.
 Even though I think Evga should offer something better than what they are offering. They have always treated me well. So I am going to take them up on their trade up offer or what ever it is. Worse case scenario is I will have a $600.00 working X79 board. Best case is the Dark ends up being a good board and I can sell it and everything over $200.00 is less of a loss than looking at what I have now.  Sure I'd be happier with a even trade, but it's not going to happen.
post edited by awalleyeguy - 2013/07/12 18:29:36
Solar Trans
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1011
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 18:28:39 (permalink)
I think that EVGA is aiming to make a board that actually will work. I highly doubt that their intention is to make crappy boards that are always defective, as it doesn't help their reputation or make them any money. I really hope EVGA is going to pull off this release and make a board worthy of competing with the RIVE and think they will.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 18:37:40 (permalink)
"Never have I seen so many bad, strange things. Was like I had the worst malware and virus's there ever was. Just insane".

That's typical show when board is bad. 
No matter what board is EVGA or some other,
that's worse nightmare. 
And worse for change because you need to remove everything.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

comrade
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 19:10:55 (permalink)
Nereus

awalleyeguy

comrade

@ Nereus
What wasn't mentioned?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant when you post on these external websites saying in reviews how bad EVGA is, did you mention all the positives you've experienced as well, or just solely go on a bashing spree? That's what I was asking.

Yes, I have mentioned that previous EVGA boards and cards have been good.  However, the point of a review is not to talk about past products.  The point is to review the item being sold.  Explaining the problems and the literal abandonment of the customers with bad boards is fully germane to the review.

comrade
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/12 19:31:06 (permalink)
Nereus

OMG why do people keep bringing up the cargument? It is not the same thing. LOL.

[

Yes..., the 'cargument', (clever little word at least), is perfectly analogous to this situation.  They are both expensive and complicated products that can be a nightmare when they don't deliver what they promised and the manufacturer refuses to stand behind their product and do the right thing.

If you don't like using an automobile as an example, make it a large-screen television that simply doesn't work or does have completely random problems that the manufacturer can't or won't fix or repair.

The main point is that EVGA produced a product line that THEY HAVE ADMITTED DOESN'T WORK AND THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX, AND THEY NOW WANT THOSE CUSTOMERS TO SEND THEM MORE MONEY FOR A REPLACEMENT PRODUCT THAT MAY BE JUST AS BAD!!!

I paid over $400 for a motherboard that doesn't work.  Asking me to pay another $150 to get a working board is simply wrong and you know it as well as I do!

If it were only a few boards that had problems, then they would have undoubtedly simply, and quietly, offered a straight up exchange or refund.  The track they are taking and the hundreds of posts by people with problems even after multiple RMA's is strong evidence that it's a widespread problem with their whole X79 line!

As per your forum signature, you don't own one of these boards.  If you are so sure they are so good, then buy one and see how your luck is!
post edited by comrade - 2013/07/12 19:34:13

SolidState00
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/13 10:02:25 (permalink)
I have my x79 classified that has been working 'okay' - it doesn't overclock for crap, and still has the power surge problems. Some of that may be due to my 3930k - who knows. My main problem is that EVGA won't seem to even comment regarding the $150.00 fee to upgrade from a product that should have never gone to the retail stages. Also on top of the 150 dollars, we don't even have the option for cross shipment available. Just to minimize the impact i would pay a premium for a cross service offering, even though i feel that shouldn't be necessary. At the least this process should have covered the cross shipment.

It's getting to the point where i will need to go with only a phone and an old laptop for a few weeks to replace a product that was already defective. I will be the first to admit i should have waited for more reviews before hopping on the EVGA x79 bandwagon, that may have led to another decision. EVGA customer service is the one service they offer i would hate to give up though.

I have various software setup and scripts on my desktop for various network engineering related items i work on for my job. This process is starting to look like it's not going to be the most enjoyable experience i have had with EVGA.

I have had 7900's, 260's, 285's, and 580's as well as my x58 board with no trouble. It's just worrisome that this one product has taken away from my outlook on EVGA as a whole.

I really do hope the upgrade process goes well but it's just not a very comforting thought how this has been handled.
bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/13 12:15:28 (permalink)
CROSS SHIPPING OPTION IS A MUST.  ^^^

LOL at my thread post number.
post edited by bigmyke - 2013/07/13 12:27:49
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/13 13:43:21 (permalink)
bigmyke

CROSS SHIPPING OPTION IS A MUST.  ^^^

LOL at my thread post number.

Yeah, even if I have to pay for it I absolutely need it, I work on my system and I can't afford a week+ downtime.

If crosship isn't an option, it's RIVF time.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

SolidState00
  • Total Posts : 13
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/13 20:44:15 (permalink)
The irony of it all - my system is having kernel power errors now on 2 different power supplies, an HX1000 and an AX1200. Four reboots now in an hour.
mdzcpa
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 311
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/14 05:26:40 (permalink)
Wow, this board isn't out YET? 

I haven't been on this forum in months and just returned to see how folks were making out with this new board. Guess that's not happening today.

Seriously, by the time EVGA releases this thing X79 will be end of life. As much as I like EVGA video cards, I think their motherboard days are numbered....

9900K @ 5.1Ghz
Asus Maximus Hero XI
32GB Gskill GTZ RBG @ 4000 
Asus Strix 2080 Ti OC Edition 
OS & Apps: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Storage: WD Blue 4TB
Seasonic 1000 Prime Titanium

Phanteks Evolve X 

gokuboo
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 11:51:04 (permalink)
I sense the fail is strong with this launch.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 11:53:37 (permalink)

Attached Image(s)

dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 12:11:41 (permalink)
considering this board was suppose to have launch back in April.....

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

lordshinro
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1600
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 12:40:01 (permalink)
Nereus

awalleyeguy

Oh yeah now that really does suck.. do those waterblocks fit any other board? Probably not. There are obviously some boards out there functioning perfectly well though, so I hope you can find a buyer amongst them.

I wonder how many of these boards EVGA actually sold? Clearly there are quite a lot of people here with issues, but I wonder what percentage of all the boards out there are experiencing problems? I am guessing thousands have been sold, but certainly there are not thousands having issues, or these forums would be far more flooded with complaints than they are at present. ..or maybe it's just that a lot of people don't use USB 3.0, which seems to be one of the bigger issues with these boards.

Nereus,

I don't know what these guys are talking about my EVGA x79 FTW is the best board in the world hell Kingpin himself broke world records with the x79 series! The only board that I would consider better is the x79 Dark! So I've decided to be generous to you!

Send me your ASUS Rampage IV Formula and I'll send you my X79 FTW with Invoice. The board works great except the occasional USB ports not turning on every other boot, and the PCI-E slots won't run in anything other than PCI-E 2.0 x8, but hey Kingpin set records with this thing..also on occasion your overclocks will always fail. However  EVGA has proven how awesome they are as a company by offering you this once in a life time upgrade! After our swap just Step up the board for $150 + shipping and you'll have the amazing x79 Dark.

I know this seems too good to be true, but as a EVGA advocate I figure you of all people would appreciate having this amazing board and amazing opportunity to upgrade to a Dark x79, It's just too much board for me. Don't worry you don't have to pay the difference between our boards!

Shoot me a PM!
post edited by lordshinro - 2013/07/15 12:42:15

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 12:49:49 (permalink)
FYI:

No DARK release this week.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 14:55:00 (permalink)
lordshinro

Nereus

awalleyeguy

Nereus,

I don't know what these guys are talking about my EVGA x79 FTW is the best board in the world hell Kingpin himself broke world records with the x79 series! The only board that I would consider better is the x79 Dark! So I've decided to be generous to you!

Send me your ASUS Rampage IV Formula and I'll send you my X79 FTW with Invoice. The board works great except the occasional USB ports not turning on every other boot, and the PCI-E slots won't run in anything other than PCI-E 2.0 x8, but hey Kingpin set records with this thing..also on occasion your overclocks will always fail. However  EVGA has proven how awesome they are as a company by offering you this once in a life time upgrade! After our swap just Step up the board for $150 + shipping and you'll have the amazing x79 Dark.

I know this seems too good to be true, but as a EVGA advocate I figure you of all people would appreciate having this amazing board and amazing opportunity to upgrade to a Dark x79, It's just too much board for me. Don't worry you don't have to pay the difference between our boards!

Shoot me a PM!

I might take you up on that, if the Dark turns out good. To buy Dark new would cost me $400. I could then sell the RIVF for what.. $250 if I'm lucky?  .. net cost to get rid of RIVF and have a Dark would be about $150 to me. Or I could get your board and pay $150 to upgrade to Dark. Same cost. But why should I give you a board that retails at $375 when the FTW retails at $100 less? No, you'd have to give me your board plus $100 before I'd consider it, and I would be winning there.

Gee, I guess you're better off with your X79 FTW than you realized!

See what I did there?

post edited by Nereus - 2013/07/15 14:58:28

gokuboo
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 15:18:35 (permalink)
No release? No "real" updated info?

Who's shocked?
bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 18:02:18 (permalink)
give us the option of cross shipping
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/15 19:16:47 (permalink)
gokuboo

No release? No "real" updated info?

Who's shocked?

I asked Jacob on twitter today if the Dark was going to be available this week. He said "no"

YouTube RigPics Twitter

Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 45 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile