Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 41 of 56
Author
Rei86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3675
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 9
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 14:03:05 (permalink)
Nereus
Wow.. I guess that went over your heads.

Yes, cars are recalled because they can kill people if not rectified.

Motherboards do not kill, therefore the same urgency in rectifying the error does not apply, so comparing the two is like comparing chalk with cheese.. it just does not work.

Make sense now?

It's known as "The Cargument", and is also often applied to gun ownership, as well as other situations.

Also, there was some humor in my post.. I guess that was also missed.

LOL.. shoulda just kept my mouth shut.

And its going over your head that both are tangible products sold to people.

I didn't bring up the argument of car vs MB but you can make similar comparison of product vs product and how a company handles issues that comes up.

Since you need a apples to apples like comparison, how about we look at how MS dealt with RRoD Xbox 360s and how EVGA dealt with X79 Classified owners?
MS took ownership of the issue > paid for shipping to and from > gave owners a replacement 360 with a "fix" and even extended the warranty.
EVGA hasn't taken ownership of X79 MB issues > makes you pay shipping to them > gives you back the same faulty mobo.

And unlike EVGA, MS has gone back and tried and improved upon the 360.

"Killing" people faulty product is a faulty product. 

EDIT: I just also want to add that I don't have a horse in this race since I don't own a EVGA MOBO, but I can understand why so many people here can be frustrated and angry at them. 
post edited by Rei86 - 2013/06/30 14:14:15

RIG 1 - i7-4790K / Asus Z97 Gryphon / AMD Sapphire RX Vega 64 / 8GB*8GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz CL10 / SeaSonic Prime Ultra 1000w Plat
RIG 2 - Pentium G3258 / ASRock Z97 Extreme9 / AMD XFX RX580 GTS XXX x4 / 8GB*8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz CL10 / Corsair AX1200i

XiuzSu
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 14:06:59 (permalink)
To EVGA staff:

I'm a X79 FTW owner, and I was wondering if the Bios for the X79 FTW will be updated to the advance version the Dark MB uses. I feel that I must also say that I haven't had a problem with the board once so ever, but this board isn't for your novice builder/users either.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18939
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 14:13:47 (permalink)
Rei86

Nereus

Rei86

killer_hz

Rei86

killer_hz
in the auto industry they do a recall but you don't get a new car as replacement. They fix the problems and send you back in your car. SAME goes for RMA, you send to them, they fix or try and get it back.

And if they can't fix it they replace it with another of the same model, and if the same model has the same issues they give you a refund or you can act on lemon law and sue them.

The difference is most Auto Manufactures will give you a working product after a recall, not something that's still broken.  They also don't make you pay for anything when you bring it in for service for that said recall.

Also they pull the model and stop further sales of said model till they fix the problem if its a wide spread issue.  I see that EVGA still has all X79 boards for sale with said issues, and Z77 products. 

that's only in the first 30 days of buying a car. we are talking about recalls. and trust me i own a VW and they do not give you the same model if they can't fix it. they have you keep coming in and trying to fix. which means time off work and what not.

and they do not what so ever pull the car and stop selling. do not be naive.

so like i referenced, like the car industry he should RMA it till it's satisfactory. he didn't he chose not to do nothing but complain about all the $$$ he has spent.

they offered him a full refund - he said no
they offered him to RMA again - he said no
they offered to send him brand new board - he said no.

this is on him.

does EVGA have a lot to make up for - yes
did EVGA lose a lot of customers - yes
am i a fan boy - yes

the fact of the matter is, they are offering a great deal on a new board to users that bought something they were not satisfied with. at the end of the day that says something.
try to find what other vendors offer options like this there aint many.

Its not on the 1st 30 days as you can enact upon the lemon law anytime the car is in warranty.  And it changes from state to state in the USA.
And again when you have a recall on a car they don't charge you for the service, you do however for RMA's as you'll end up paying shipping fees that will end up costing more than the board itself with no fix at hand. 

With as many complaints as EVGA has gotten with the X79 series they should have pulled the product from sales, but they still have it up for sale suckering in the unlucky.  Hell if you remember on newegg they had to purge all the reviews on the product since it was dinged with so many negative reviews and finally pulled the product for sale.

Nereus

Rei86

killer_hz
in the auto industry they do a recall but you don't get a new car as replacement. They fix the problems and send you back in your car. SAME goes for RMA, you send to them, they fix or try and get it back.

And if they can't fix it they replace it with another of the same model, and if the same model has the same issues they give you a refund or you can act on lemon law and sue them.

The difference is most Auto Manufactures will give you a working product after a recall, not something that's still broken.  They also don't make you pay for anything when you bring it in for service for that said recall.

Also they pull the model and stop further sales of said model till they fix the problem if its a wide spread issue.  I see that EVGA still has all X79 boards for sale with said issues, and Z77 products. 

Thing is, motherboards don't slam into power poles at 100mph due to a fault, instantly killing those traveling in it. Cars can. Can't compare the two, sorry.

Actually I suppose a motherboard could slam into a power pole at 100mph if the owner was angry enough at it, but that would be intentional, and caused by the person throwing it.. also it would be unlikely to kill anyone.. unless someone happened to walk past at just the right moment (or wrong moment in this case) and catch the motherboard in the face. I think that could probably do some damage. 

Yes you can, both are faulty products.  And in the case of Toyota it was stupid drivers and carpets being pushed behind the peddles. 

Same for Ford explorer error: high center of gravity vehicle + under/over inflated tires that where going bald + stupid driver = fatal incident.

In either case they pull the said vehicle from sales.  Toyota did it, Ford did it, Range Rover did it, Honda did it, GM does it, etc etc. 

Motherboards do not kill, therefore the same urgency in rectifying the error does not apply, so comparing the two is like comparing chalk with cheese.. it just does not work.

Make sense now?

It's known as "The Cargument", and is also often applied to gun ownership, as well as other situations.

I didn't bring up the argument of car vs MB but you can make similar comparison of product vs product and how a company handles issues that comes up.

Aww come on, you know what I meant about the comparison, don't be a douche..  

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 14:36:01 (permalink)
Guys, please get back on topic.  If this continues, then a lot of posts here will be deleted.  If you have specific complaints about the X79's, then there are other threads to put those in.  To the extent that it remains on topic about the Dark and concerns about the board, we'll leave those, but comparisons to car recalls are getting way too far off-topic.  Personal attacks are not permitted either.  

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
ViperBlackEdition
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 261
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 15:08:54 (permalink)
Rei86

Its not on the 1st 30 days as you can enact upon the lemon law anytime the car is in warranty.  And it changes from state to state in the USA.
And again when you have a recall on a car they don't charge you for the service, you do however for RMA's as you'll end up paying shipping fees that will end up costing more than the board itself with no fix at hand. 

With as many complaints as EVGA has gotten with the X79 series they should have pulled the product from sales, but they still have it up for sale suckering in the unlucky.  Hell if you remember on newegg they had to purge all the reviews on the product since it was dinged with so many negative reviews and finally pulled the product for sale.

Was there a reason for Newegg doing that (I do remember it as well) or was it EVGA?
bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 15:46:25 (permalink)
I still strongly encourage EVGA to allow us customers to cross ship in the upgrade program.
Gomez99
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2637
  • Ribbons : 14
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 15:54:23 (permalink)
Man this board looks nice... *Whimper*

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 19:16:40 (permalink)
ViperBlackEdition

MSim

I don't get how EVGA came up with the fee's to "step-up".

X79 FTW MSRP $399
X79 Classified MSRP $449 

X79 Dark MSRP $399 
If people paid the same price if not MORE, why on earth do they have to pay $150-200 more to "step-up".  Also why doesn't evga go the extra mile and offer cross-ship option. That option would be nice for customers who stuck it out and didn't send the product back for a full refund.

EVGA Normal "step-up" you pay the difference but this one you have to pay a Premium?

I'll agree with you on the cross shipping but EVGA is taking a hit doing the upgrade program as is. I'm sure much thought went into what EVGA finally came up with and while not being what some wanted, it is something.
Can you think about how things would be if EVGA did nothing?

I don't see how evga is taking a hit when they will receive $150-250 and the old mobo to use for RMA's or to sell (b-stock). They will find a use for all the old motherboard.

I think EVGA corporate is out of touch with it's customers by not offering some type of cross-ship. You have customers who stuck it out waiting to see what you would do to make things right and you can't be bothered to offer any kind of cross-ship...

This isn't a normal step-up, if it was people wouldn't have to pay a premium if they can show they paid more than new product is worth.

<--EGC Admin title just means game server admin, doesn't mean i speak for evga or that i have any kind of power on the forums.
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/30 20:20:50 (permalink)
That's why I like WD drives. You pay full price and then upon receiving and inspecting your core they credit you back.

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
iamSneaky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 00:23:28 (permalink)
XiuzSu

To EVGA staff:
I'm a X79 FTW owner, and I was wondering if the Bios for the X79 FTW will be updated to the advance version the Dark MB uses.

I don't believe the DARK's BIOS is compatible with the older X79 MB's, if it was they probably would have released it
for the SLI, FTW & Classified already.

XiuzSu
I feel that I must also say that I haven't had a problem with the board once so ever, but this board isn't for your novice builder/users either.

You are one of the very lucky few who have actually got a working SLI, FTW or Classified.
I envy you.
That is all I wanted, I would have been happy even if it worked with the known USB issues but my MB and it's RMA
were both dead lemons. The problems with EVGA's initial X79 line up has nothing to do with being a seasoned pro or a novice.
I have been building PC's for well over 10 years but that didn't stop my board from dieing.

I also have to say, it baffles me why EVGA are so quick to upgrade a customers RMA'd GPU to a better model
if they have none of the customers initial model in inventory but here we are with an EVGA MB,
they have none of our existing MB's in stock that they can GUARANTEE will work yet we have to pay
an extra $200 to be upgraded to the DARK.
*I know several of EVGA's GPU customers that have been upgraded with their RMA.

OH how I wish they would treat their MB customers like they do their GPU owners.

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

Itzluigi
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 02:14:35 (permalink)
iamSneaky

XiuzSu

To EVGA staff:
I'm a X79 FTW owner, and I was wondering if the Bios for the X79 FTW will be updated to the advance version the Dark MB uses.

I don't believe the DARK's BIOS is compatible with the older X79 MB's, if it was they probably would have released it
for the SLI, FTW & Classified already.

XiuzSu
I feel that I must also say that I haven't had a problem with the board once so ever, but this board isn't for your novice builder/users either.

You are one of the very lucky few who have actually got a working SLI, FTW or Classified.
I envy you.
That is all I wanted, I would have been happy even if it worked with the known USB issues but my MB and it's RMA
were both dead lemons. The problems with EVGA's initial X79 line up has nothing to do with being a seasoned pro or a novice.
I have been building PC's for well over 10 years but that didn't stop my board from dieing.

I also have to say, it baffles me why EVGA are so quick to upgrade a customers RMA'd GPU to a better model
if they have none of the customers initial model in inventory but here we are with an EVGA MB,
they have none of our existing MB's in stock that they can GUARANTEE will work yet we have to pay
an extra $200 to be upgraded to the DARK.
*I know several of EVGA's GPU customers that have been upgraded with their RMA.

OH how I wish they would treat their MB customers like they do their GPU owners.

If Evga ever runs out of stock on the X79 Sli/FTW/Classified then they will upgrade people to the Dark for free most likely.  People who can get good rates on shipping should keep RMAing there non working X79  Sli/FTW/Classified till they get a working one and if they get a DOA or another non fully working board on multiple occasions they should request to be upgraded to the X79 Dark for free.

Early buyers of the Evga X79 series will certainly laugh at the X79 Dark step up since the boards were essentially the same price as the X79 Dark is now, and the price was abruptly lowered on Evgas original X79 line up because of the its wide spread issues, while other brand X79 boards remained similar price and retained value better. 

Evga should let long time verified owners keep there current boards and pay the step up price for the X79 Dark.

Xeon W-3175X | EVGA SR-3 | Quadro RTX 5000

Dan Graves
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 03:20:16 (permalink)
Looking at the stepup program, i'd say that i've lost my faith in EVGA.
Here's why :

If the board is not in working condition or has physical damage, the upgrade will be rejected or additional fees may apply

Many board owners who have voiced their issues here have boards that most certainly aren't in any sort of working condition, and depending on how tight EVGA will keep to this, it might mean stepping up will be nigh impossible for them.
Add to that the INSANE stepup prices...
Sorry, but i'm not going to recommend EVGA to anyone beyond this point, just on general principle.
post edited by Dan Graves - 2013/07/01 03:23:09

Gametag : BitsOfSkin (use that one everywhere).
Case : Modified HAF 932
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 || CPU : i7 3820 @ 4.2Ghz
RAM : Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K3/12G
PSU : Corsair TX750 || GPU : EVGA GTX 660 3GB SC Signature 2
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102427
  • Ribbons : 85
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 03:43:42 (permalink)
If you have a motherboard that is not working correctly then go through the normal RMA procedure

Dan Graves

Here's why :

If the board is not in working condition or has physical damage, the upgrade will be rejected or additional fees may apply

Many board owners who have voiced their issues here have boards that most certainly aren't in any sort of working condition, and depending on how tight EVGA will keep to this, it might mean stepping up will be nigh impossible for them.
Sorry, but i'm not going to recommend EVGA to anyone beyond this point, just on general principle.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

iamSneaky
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 04:22:21 (permalink)
rjohnson11

If you have a motherboard that is not working correctly then go through the normal RMA procedure

I'm sure if you were put in my situation and location, your views would be totally different.

I guess it is a luxury to be able to comment on something that hasn't happened to you.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but if anyone has issues with my viewpoint,
put YOUR money where your mouth is and I'll sell you my faulty FTW for the money I have outlay-ed so
far and you can deal with EVGA.

SS07:
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL|i9 10900K [SP 98][Bykski FR-CU-RA-V2 CPU Block]|ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra [Bykski Block]|Galax HoF OC Lab Edition 4600mhz|Alienware AW2721D
EVGA Supernova P2 1600

Elite ID: BJBC3RMQSBKAR2ALRHN

maskedmenace
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 377
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 09:36:04 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Dan Graves

Here's why :

---Wooooo, timeout. ~ Did that suggestion really come from a moderator?

There are well over 20 posts in this thread, alone, outlying the existing issues with the X79's...Jacob has even admitted that there's a certain level of hardware "failure" on the motherboard, itself...And you're suggesting further RMA's? Really?

So basically, what you're asking these people to do, is RMA a broken product for a broken product in the hopes that it's less broken so they can upgrade to a "working as intended, product" -- Does that sound at all reasonable to you?

Many of these people have already RMA'd their X79's only to receive broken product...Or in my case, worse off product...

I do not consider a single X79 Classified that I have, as working -- Functioning, maybe but, working?...Not in this lifetime.

I'm dumbfounded that this would be a suggestion at all...

You'd be better off suggesting that we just drop our money on the floor and walk away because that's essentially what some of these people have already done for 2-3 broken motherboards...

Return of the Sith
Case-Labs STH10 Custom, Asus RIVE, Intel 3930k Oc'd 5.0ghz, Corsair Dominator 4x4 2133C9, 3x 780 Lightnings Tri-SLI, 2x Corsair AX1200i, 2x Intel Cherryville 240gb SSD's, 2x Caviar Black 1tb, 100% water ~ Heatkiller cooled.
Griffiron
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 10:14:28 (permalink)
for the information of all and other Australians please note the dark upgrade program is not available for Australians.
"Dear Customer,
Currently Step-Up service is not available in Australia"
it is therefor my recommendation not to buy EVGA i never will again having payed 575$ for a paperweight
Huntcraft
  • Total Posts : 53
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 10:21:23 (permalink)
Evga is attempting to do what all companies that get too large do. Ignore the problem until it goes away. If they lose a few thousand customers over this, oh well. They have products all over the world.
zerocool101
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 473
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 11:11:47 (permalink)
Cross-Shipping on this upgrade should DEF be an option for us early adopters to x79 over a year ago!!! 
post edited by zerocool101 - 2013/07/01 13:02:58

13900KS on Z690 Dark KP
FE 4090
NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 14:43:16 (permalink)
Dan Graves

Here's why :

Generally speaking, this isn't usually the case with step-ups or upgrade programs.  EVGA can usually accept a product that needs an RMA during a step-up, but it's best if you contact Support first to make sure there will be no issues.  Suggesting complaints here as the same as "not in working condition" is a rather generous way to read the term, but it's not what that sentence means.  As stated before, if the board appears to need an RMA prior to the upgrade, the best way to go about it is to contact Support first, square it with them, decide on a course of action, and you should be good to go.

The physical damage mentioned is of the typical type of physical damage for any product:  bent pins, deep scratches through the PCB, broken components, or other serious damage; not the type of damage that occurs through normal use.  Step-up/upgrade or even just RMA, those sorts of problems may cause a board to be rejected or require fees for repair.  That's not really surprising, as other manufacturers would do the same, and unless boards are sent in with that sort of damage, there's really no reason to be concerned about it.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 15:54:21 (permalink)
Please allow cross shipping in the upgrade program.  At the very least to those that are in line before the board is even released yet.
Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4546
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 16:56:57 (permalink)
Rei86

Nereus

Make sense now?

Since you need a apples to apples like comparison, how about we look at how MS dealt with RRoD Xbox 360s and how EVGA dealt with X79 Classified owners?
MS took ownership of the issue > paid for shipping to and from > gave owners a replacement 360 with a "fix" and even extended the warranty.
EVGA hasn't taken ownership of X79 MB issues > makes you pay shipping to them > gives you back the same faulty mobo.

And unlike EVGA, MS has gone back and tried and improved upon the 360.

"Killing" people faulty product is a faulty product. 

EDIT: I just also want to add that I don't have a horse in this race since I don't own a EVGA MOBO, but I can understand why so many people here can be frustrated and angry at them. 

I'd like to personally thank you....it seems that you are able to garner something that many others cannot:   EMPATHY. Those consumers that received working EVGA X79 motherboards really need to put themselves in the position of those that received non-working boards (and some of us more than one....two, three, four etc!!!).  If this happened to YOU, I bet you would be posting here, as we have, extremely upset at how this whole thing was handled.  It also may behoove EVGA to do the same.  I haven't posted in w while because I am essentially over the situation.  I will simply, as one very astute forum member states, "speak with my wallet".  I also purchased a 10 year warranty the when I registered my X79 Classified;  a substantial amount of money I will never recoup. 

Regarding EVGA offering step-up:   While some say "well they didn't have to do that";  well, they probably did "have to do that".  If you consider the ramifications, this company (or any in this situation) would be foolish not to offer some sort of program/compensation, etc.   What I am saying is, it is in their best interest to do so

Anyhow, thanks EVGA for doing at least something to turn around this debacle with your main-boards.  I have not yet decided if I will take you up on the $150 trade up..  At this point, I don't  know if can justify giving your company any more money to fix my X79 Classified.

Edit:  Come to think of it, all the people with working X79 EVGA boards out there actually benefited from our problems.  Now, ANYONE can step-up to an X79 Dark for a certain amount of money.    It just seems that there should have been a better solution for those of us with monumental problems with this platform.
post edited by Johnny_Utah - 2013/07/01 17:25:38

mpetts
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/01 20:02:39 (permalink)
Of course, this is all making an enormous assumption that the X79 Dark actually works. And the next person who points to some extreme overclocker breaking records as being any kind of validation about the day to day stability/usability of a motherboard, I will scream. It means nothing for the end-user. It's marketing hype. The Ford Edsel was marketed, and look at how that turned out!

Considering the Z68/Z77/X79's haven't exactly worked how they should, I'm watching very closely, since I like EVGA products and their support, and I'd love to go back to using EVGA, but I'm also not careless with my money. Heck, there were pictures of the NEX1500 PSU being bandied around being used for "extreme overclocking", and that hasn't exactly turned out to be a quality product either.

For those of you who already spent $400+ on an EVGA X79, and you're ALREADY throwing even more money at EVGA before the motherboard is even in anyone's hands... well, that's not quite what I'd be doing, but I wish you the best of luck.
gokuboo
  • Total Posts : 42
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/02 12:42:00 (permalink)
Everyone knows its been pushed back again right? So how many more lies (pushbacks) will you accept before you abandon ship?
ViperBlackEdition
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 261
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/02 16:12:37 (permalink)
Yet within the last week we've had more info released on the Dark than the previous 6 months combined. That is most certainly an improvement.
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/02 16:56:17 (permalink)
gokuboo

Everyone knows its been pushed back again right? So how many more lies (pushbacks) will you accept before you abandon ship?

Its not lies, just like game development is it is really hard to predict a launch date for something that has so many variables, how can anyone predict how long it may take to fix a possible bug, how long it will take to reach a certain quality level, etc.

Yes unfortunately it did slip, but we have a certain quality level and unless it is at that level it will not ship, and we will not ship an unfinished product.

I am nearly fully confident now that it will launch this month, and as mentioned it is looking closer to the middle of July.

chump7431
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3143
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/02 17:31:09 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF

gokuboo

Its not lies, just like game development is it is really hard to predict a launch date for something that has so many variables, how can anyone predict how long it may take to fix a possible bug, how long it will take to reach a certain quality level, etc.

Yes unfortunately it did slip, but we have a certain quality level and unless it is at that level it will not ship, and we will not ship an unfinished product.

I am nearly fully confident now that it will launch this month, and as mentioned it is looking closer to the middle of July.

Understandable.

What is very irritating though is the wait that EVGA always has.  Many companies have had z87 boards for a month, where are EVGA's boards.  EVGA announced the Dark back in February, do you really think people like waiting 6 months for a motherboard?  PC's go out of date so fast already, how do you expect people to keep on waiting.  I think that it would have been better if we did not know about the dark until it was almost completed.  Now it just feels old.....and it has yet to have been released.

I have not owned an x79 EVGA board, but I have heard nothing but bad things.  It seems that EVGA shipped an unfinished products the first time around, and can not afford to have that happen again.

We all complain because we want to see EVGA come out with spectacular products, and when they don't, we (the consumer) get very frustrated.
post edited by chump7431 - 2013/07/02 17:33:32

Build log +1
EVGA X79 DARK, 2 EVGA 780 Classified's, I7 4930K, Custom EK H2O, 16G 2133 GSkill Ram, Corsair AX1200, 900DubsD, Logitech G700-19-35 
Trelor
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 496
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/03 07:57:57 (permalink)
I really hate to say it but if you adhere to a certain level of quality then when did you guys EVER ship the other x79 motherboards?

Heatware: Trelor - I primarily use eBay which is attached to my heatware.
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/03 08:29:59 (permalink)
Trelor

I really hate to say it but if you adhere to a certain level of quality then when did you guys EVER ship the other x79 motherboards?

That is a good question. I realize Intel did make last minute changes and EVGA as a smaller company had a rough time with that, but that is a great point, why not just release X79 boards late instead of shipping broken ones?

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

Johnny_Utah
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4546
  • Ribbons : 8
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/03 10:59:43 (permalink)
gokuboo

While you may be frustrated, I don't think that "lies" is really an appropriate term.  They aren't meaning to willfully deceive you about the release date.  I will point out AGAIN that after the last round of terrible mainboards, we are asking EVGA to ensure that the Dark (and hopefully its predecessors) do not suffer the same fate.  This most certainly takes time.

On the flip side, EVGA,  it may be prudent to stop announcing items so darned early.  It seems to happen quite often.   I do not know of any other partner who has this issue.  While I know this is done to create excitement about a product, it really simply serves to irritate potential purchasers when the date is pushed back again and again and again and.........

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10348
  • Ribbons : 116
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/07/03 12:11:16 (permalink)
And then there's those of us who keep patiently waiting for at least a solid launch date or better yet, that it has now officially launched and is for sale...

Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 41 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile